Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for evocative writers for long term storytelling! [MxF primary]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnjonnz

Super-Earth
Sᴛᴏʀʏ-ғᴏᴄᴜsᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ-ᴍɪɴᴅᴇᴅ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛɴᴇʀ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ!

ZyUp4tV.jpg

• Salut! I'm in the market for a new long-term writing/RP partner (or two!) and figured I'd try my hand at making a thread and seeing whom comes my way. I've been writing for nearly half my life with varying levels of skill, and RPing for a little more than 5 or 6 up to this point. I don't consider myself a novice, but I'm far from being a veteran - I'll do my best to pull my own weight as my primary focus (besides having a blast, of course) is to improve my writing skills. In general, what I'm looking for in stories is intrigue, darkness, adventure, and potentially romance. I adore [medieval] fantasy as a setting of choice - usually in the style of something Tolkien-esque or reminiscent of King Arthur. More modern settings need a particularly interesting hook for me to get into them, though, and I really would prefer to avoid the modern slice-of-life type of setting as much as possible unless it's absolutely necessary for a story.

I'm not one for the paperback novel, swooning kind of romance - nor the "bad guy turning good for the girl" kind of thing - and I DEFINITELY don't want to RP something boring like dating, or Prince and Princess type shit. I've done them before and they always feel unrealistic to me - partially this is because my partner and I don't have the same things in mind for the characters, and don't discuss how we think they'll grow and develop... But personally, if my character has been abusive, distance, and troubled for the majority of a story it doesn't seem entirely realistic to me that he would flip on a dime and be all sweet and empathic suddenly. This is just an example of what I've tried before and failed at, though - what I'm looking for I'm not exactly sure. I've played a couple romantic RPs that were incredibly satisfying, but I don't know what it was about them that I enjoyed so I'm unable to specifically state what I'm looking for. I can of course go into more detail about such previous RPs as requested if it might help aid a dialogue proceed!

I'd like to keep this post relatively short, so I'll jump right to the meat of what else I think needs to be said! For length, I gravitate towards paragraph a post, but can do multiple as needed... Usually I just do my damnedest to match what my partner does/prefers, and the challenge of writing more never killed me - though sometimes it can lead writers block to hit earlier than it might otherwise. Of further note, I have very few limits, and only a few primary favorite character elements and kinks I feel I NEED to include in most RPs - most of which are discussant also - and I'll list them in short below.

I would also like to mention, what would be ideal in a partner is someone who can and would enjoy sharing GM narrative powers with me, as well as playing our own characters... In the past I mostly end up playing my character + the world, which can get rather tiring. RP's where we both play the world at large feel much more dynamic as stories, and as such tend to be more enjoyable!

I don't usually like working with pre-made starters, instead preferring to improvise just about everything on the spot and build from the ground up. As some people prefer them almost exclusively I'll include a few of the more interesting ideas I've fumbled around with of late below, as well as a 'themes of interest' list.
    My approach to roleplay is along the lines of story-crafting/telling as opposed to strict play-by-play situations, almost a GM sort of direction for writing; that being the case I'm most looking for potential writing partners who can or prefer to operate similarly. I'm open-minded as far as themes go but I should warn that anything too mundane or lighthearted likely won't be of interest, though I'm all ears for hearing ideas that might not cater to me if you think some convergence and compromise could be reached that would prove mutually engaging!

I don't often work with pre-made scenarios (though I do have some unused ones that could be thrown out there) in favor of instead ad-libbing and improvising ideas on the fly with my partners based on what we're looking for in a story be they themes, characters, kinks or settings!

Just for clarity:
    I'm not interested or looking for 'Stories, with sex' - in my opinion full-fledged stories (generally) only suffer from the inclusion of sexual content, and to some extent romance as well, except in cases where it is somehow central to the story and plot itself. If it's just an aside (as it is in most movies, for example) it only serves as a distraction from the core concept and as such cheapens or potentially ruins the tale. Conversely I'm not interested in Smut without Story either. I try to find ways to blend the two to create a sexualized story; but never something that will just 'eventually have sex "after some build-up". Unless the buildup itself is somehow related, such a story would not interest me for the reasons above.

[color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color] [color=8a8993]•[/color] [color=7ba05b]•[/color]

Quick Kinks/Interests
  • Public flirting/foreplay
  • Glasses
  • Knee highs/Socks
  • Vocal partners
  • Incest
  • Begging
  • Master/Pet
  • Appocalypse settings
  • knotting
  • Pregnancy
Definite No's
  • Blood
  • Vore
  • Faux incest (step siblings basically)
  • Humanoid Demons
  • Vampires
  • Elves (semi negotiable)
  • Death/Bad Ends

:: Quick Rundown ::
RULES (let's keep this terse):
  1. I enjoy literacy - typos happen (especially to me) but at least try to keep your writing understandable, please.
  2. I RP first and foremost to have fun; secondly to practice and get better at writing. As such I don't ask that my partners be novelists, but I do enjoy a challenge!
  3. I can play via thread, pm, or Skype/YIM. I don't have a particular preference, except that the PM system here is kind of... meh. That can be discussed later.
  4. I don't (usually) make or play premade characters. Usually I create a character on the spot based off the story I'm playing, or build off of an idea for a character. If you prefer to have/exchange character profiles for RPing purposes I can whip one up, but I'm likely not going to do so before developing and agreeing on a story and setting.
  5. Additionally, I really don't like playing with or as Canons, or OC in established Canons. Just a personal preference because in the past I've found it either too difficult/not enough fun to try and play as an already created character. If someone is really deadset on playing a Canon/OC story, pitch it to me by all means, but unless it's extraordinarily interesting I will probably pass.
  6. I would hope this wouldn't need to be said, but outside of conversational scenes I would prefer there be very little 1-2 line posts. I understand there can only be so much exposition on thoughts and feelings sometimes, but short posts aren't the ONLY solution...
  7. I'm currently available very frequently, but might not always be in the mood to write for one reason or another. I ask for at least 3 or so posts a week, but less/more is perfectly fine as well so long as we agree on something and stick to it.
  8. First or Third, makes no difference. I've got kind of a soft spot for first, though.
  9. I don't use pictures much, if ever. If it's something someone is adament about I can try to find something quickly, but I won't put all too much energy into it.
  10. God-Modding is kind of a no no - I like for my RPs to have a GM type of narrative presence (preferably from both myself and my partner!) as it helps to keep things moving along, but that isn't an excuse to start moving my character(s) around for me. Similarly, I'll respect your preference.
  11. I pretty much only play M/F stories (as male) - but it's not the only thing I'll play! F/F, F/M - even M/M if the idea interests me - are all possible, just ask! Mind you, if you're trying to pitch a M/M or F/F story idea to me I might request that they have less sexual content than otherwise as the erotic aspect of either pairing doesn't do much for me - but maybe you'll get me during one of my moods and I'll be totally down!
  12. I don't actually play as J'onn J'onnz... like ever.
  13. NO ELVES, NO VAMPIRES. This is basically non-negotiable - I loathe both races.

the fancy symbols denote stories I'd really, really, really, REAALY like to play!

Bro-Sis Metastory:
One that I'd dug up recently was an old modern setting idea I tried playing years ago... the long and short of it is a brother and sister move in together for some reason - one of them is an aspiring writer, secretly writing stories no one else knows about. Their sibling goes snooping around and comes across a series of taboo stories and fictional journals they've been writing, explicit in detail depicting an epic tale of incest. The shocked sibling, instead of confronting them, finds the stories intriguing despite the disturbing content... And then in a spur of the moment burst of playfulness they add on to one of them, leaving it for their sibling to find and running out of the house. This one act starts a collaboration where they alternate writing erotic fiction together, never talking or acknowledging about what they're doing or how it makes them feel, until eventually things get out of hand. [This would be a long term story, basically a metastory wherein we write out both the surface RP as well as the stories that the siblings invent together.]

For whom the bell tolls:
Another idea is partially adapted from an old tabletop rp I played; A partially amnesiac person has been in servitude to someone they loathe and fear, but they cannot remember why. Against their will they find themselves dragged into a revolutionary conspiracy against both their benefactor as well as the kingdom they reside in, by people who claim to know him from his past life. The original idea was that they were a coward with immense power that had been hidden either of his own volition or against, so make a valuable asset. It wasn't an Erp originally though, nor was it freeform, so I'm not sure how that could be played out.

The Corrupted Hero:
One of us is a legendary, famous hero (fantasy setting) who disappeared years ago and hasn't been seen by mortals since, after defeating an archdaemon. The other plays their biggest fan, first apprentice, or someone who wants to follow in their footsteps - they go off into the deep forests in search of them, finding them bound and comatose in a huge spell-circle and, foolishly, unbind them by breaking the spell... The spell was a purging one, though, to cast out the evil demonic energies that had filled their body after fighting the archdaemon. Now that it's been broken, they task the foolish apprentice with helping gather new regents to repeat the spell, but as they travel to collect them the evil energy begins corrupting both master and apprentice, so that they begin to forget their mission

Heroine, defeated:
Legendary heroine has been on a crusade to end the demon scourge (fantasy), but instead finds herself at the mercy of a lowly demon lieutenant after killed all his superiors. Now, instead of mercifully slaying the girl and letting her die a hero and martyr he opts to make her his pet and slave, parading her through the country and various demon and beast filled regions of the land, publicly humiliating and abusing her to raise his reputation.

The Enigma:
My form is malleable, my origins an enigma. My identity is inconstant and as such irrelevant. I can become anyone, I could be anyone. I was born a man and remain much the same, but more. My body has taken this ability to shift forms at will because my mind loathes complacency; staying in one mode of thought for too long drove me to insanity and beyond - and so I required a body that could keep up with the rapidly changing state of my consciousness. As my attention wanes and my thoughts move elsewhere my body follows - the only constant is my alias, Jonn Jonnz, the last remnant of a life long forgotten. I awake alone, naked and confused, with only my name reverberating on the empty walls of my mind. Where I was last is visible to me only in brief glimpses of time passed, hidden from my minds eye by some mysterious power I can neither remember nor understand... I ask only for the kindness of a nights respite, please, before I wander the streets alone once more... To help me would be far to great a task for a mortal to undertake.

Pokemon RP:
To keep things brief: I am looking for a long term partner to develop and play a Pokemon themed story in which I will, primarily, play the role of GM - though in a perfect world I'd love to share that responsibility with my partner(s) and play more of a narrative style RP. Characters, themes, and all that good juicy fluff is up in the air; maybe you're just starting your Pokemon journey and preparing to face not only embarking into the world on your own, but the challenge of becoming 'The best there ever was' which is a daunting task for anyone. Maybe you're an established trainer who uncovers a devious Rocket plot and puts it on themselves to try and stop it. Maybe you're not a trainer at all, just an average citizen who finds themselves put in an impossible situation that drives them to become something more! Hell, I'm an open minded kind of guy so if you have some good ideas of your own I want to hear them!

My only real stipulation is I have no interest in playing with, to put it bluntly, Sues. No one with a team of (to metagame a bit) level 70++ shiny Pokemon and Legendaries; no prodigies (unless you've got some good character hooks to back that up); and no one who is just starting their journey who inexplicably catches all their favorite pokemon right away and steamrolls the Gyms. I want to play with characters with depth, emotion, challenges and complexities. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in as well, please send me a PM and let's get down to brass tacks!

Love, or something like it #1 [FxF, alternates possible]:
Growing up homeschooled and isolated in the mountains of Midwestern USA was far from a cakewalk for Tara. Her older sister had left home as soon as she was old enough, escaping the modest lifestyle their parents had tried to get them accustomed to and going to sow her wild oats. Seemingly she had quite the sackful, as it wasn't until Tara was nearly an adult that she even heard from her sister again. She was excited to have her old best friend back; exuberant to have someone to confess secrets to and to talk about the silly things young people found interesting or confusing... But her sister seemed changed somehow, like she was too open, about everything. She liked it at first because it made her feel less awkward when asking about really serious life stuff, things Tara had never had the chance to experience... but as her questions became more personal, her sister tried to make a more... personal connection to her in order to allow her a venue to explore and explain things... The further things seem to be going, the more the young girl's puritanical leanings are put to the test - forcing her to resign her beliefs with the love she still feels for her sibling.

[My idea for this would be a semi-incestuous story that may or may not have any actual sex scenes. The whole story would revolve around the MC coming to terms with her sisters' bi/homo-sexuality and trying to find her own sexual identity in relation to it, as her sister tries to push for the two to become closer and more intimate. What I'm mostly looking for in this story is something like an emotional affair that is doomed to never become physical or become consummated, and if it were things would explode over both of them... Kind of a Koi Kaze kind of story, but they don't bone at the end.
It could be played with any pairing of genders, but my initial idea was to play it as a lesbian/yuri story. I'd also prefer to play the younger sibling/sub role in this one.]

✐✐Love, or something like it #2 [FxM, alternates possible]:✐✐
Tara had been cut off by her family for nearly 10 years since she came out as a teen, on her own and barely making ends meet day by day. No stranger to isolation and loneliness, it was almost impossible for her to work up the willpower to get out of bed on the weekends when her free time was most abundant... The only thing keeping her going when depression hit hardest was her best friend; the sole reason she hadn't just offed herself years ago in a bout of mania. He was her first real, true friend; her first kiss; her first confidante, and the first person she ever told about her sexual leanings. They were close as siblings some times, keeping each other in check and entertained or cheery, as their moods waned and one or the other was called for. She thought often that even if she was alone romantically, as long as she had him, things would be okay... Then he had to go and ruin everything by getting married.

At first she was jealous, so much so that it was blatantly obvious and created a schism between them for awhile as she wouldn't deal with or talk through it. Eventually though he managed to badger her into working out their issues, and they became a little closer, though things had undeniably changed between them... She wasn't interested in his fiancé sexually, just couldn't deal with someone else taking her only friend from her, and now that she'd put a second wall between them she went far out of her way trying to demolish it. She was accommodating to him as much as possible, almost submissive maybe, and would rearrange her own life around his new one to try and spend more time around him. She'd do anything to keep his attention on her; any little scrap of time spent with him to take focus off how miserable her own life was without him around.
And of course, please come to me with any ideas, plots and settings, or even just characters that you're looking to play! I adore discussion!

RE: Looking for Long-Term partner - M/F primary

With that fucking flow that s-s-so belittles men, they tentatively tend to turn and go when I am finished

RE: Looking for Long-Term partner - M/F primary

We came here to do this tonight, we don't wanna fight, we don't want no one feeling uptight.

RE: Looking for Long-Term partners - M/F primary

Pulled up, stop parked, rims still spinning, valet looking like he in the game and must be winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom