Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any Tamora Pierce Fans Here?

Are you a Tamora Pierce Fan?

• Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Heard of her

• Never Read any of her stuff, but now I think I will

• Total voters

KaitouKid5790

Planetoid
So one of my favorite Authors of all time is Tamora Piece, who writes about two lands:

1) The Land of Torall (and it's surrounding world)
A land of knights and magics three types to be exact:

The Gift (so magic magic), The Sight ( the ability to see the unseen, tell when people are lying, see hidden magic, and many other things besides), and Wild Magic.

Four quartets and a duet of books go into this land, detailing it's culture, history and peoples

• Song of the Lioness - the story of Alanna of Trebond, a noble born girl who longs for nothing more than to become a knight and fight for the realm, but who ends up accomplishing so much more.
  • The Immortals: The tale of Daine and her friends as she discovers the powers of her Wild Magic.
  • Protector of the Small: Several years after the King decrees that girls may now try for their sheilds Keladry of Mindelan steps up to the plate. The stoic young woman will face more than just hte challanges of a Page, she will also face down prejudice, bullies and so much more to prove herself worthy to become a knight.
  • Trickser's Choice + Tricker's Queen: Alyanne of Pirtates swoop has been chosen by the trickster god Kyprioth to help him win back his throne in the Copper Isles and free the Native Raka of the rule of their cruel Lurain rulers.
  • Beka Cooper series: A look at the history of a time gone by in Tortalls past through the eyes of Rebecca Cooper a young Provost's Guard in Training. She is spunky and determined with a certain special magic that is all her own.

Emelan: Another magical realm that is similar to Tortall but also different:

Still with an abundance of magic there also exists the practice of Ambient magic, the ability to use the power in materials or things themselves to work magic and spells.

• The Magic Circle: Four orphaned children; Sandraline Fa Toren, Briar Moss, Daja Kisubo, and Trisana Chandler. These four young people are thrown together by chance and circumstances beyond their control and in the process forge an unbreakable friendship.
  • The Circle Opens: Detailing the adventures of the four as they are separated for the first time in years. As well as their first forays into the world of being teachers themselves.
  • Will of the Empress; the circle reforged: After their adventures, the four are reunited, but all is not as it once was. What is more Sandry is called back to the land of her birth by her cousin the Empress, who has big plans for Sandry, and her three friends.

Hmmm some how this turned into an ad for the books XDD I really just wanted to know if there were any other fans here...

Sweet! I almost never find other fans of hers :p I must be looking in the wrong places. I agree The Immortals Quartet is one of my favorites :D Numair and Daine are my favorite couple

Pft... did anyone REALLY expect Jon and Alanna to be a permanent couple? I mean given how often they butt heads on issues? and the fact that Alanna would have to be QUEEN if she married him.
No more adventuring for you.

I am one. I read the Circle Opens quartet and they are all awesome. I also read the previous quartet too. Unfortunately, I can't find physical copies still being sold. I wanted them badly. I read them on e-books in Tuebl.

Edit to add: I forgot; there's also Battle Magic where Evvie with Rosethorn were sent to an island to check on plants dying. What group of books is that part of?

I think Battle Magic is it's own book. People expressed interest after Will of the Empress in what Briar's experiences in Yanjing were.

All of her books are listed here on her site:

http://www.tamora-pierce.com/books.html

If you want hard copies you could try Amazon.com or Amazon.ca if you are in Canada like me. Most bookstores would likely order them for you, I don't think they are out of print... I am not sure how you would check that.

There use to be a place on the site where it listed up coming projects but I can't seem to find that now.

Also the one with Evvie and Rosethorn checking out the dying plants was Melting Stones I believe. Battle magic takes place in the Yanjing Empire

I also am a HUGE fan of hers. I love her Tortall books. I confess though, I never really got into the circle of magic stuff.

Im trying to collect all the Song of the Lioness, and Protector of the Small books now. The only ones I managed to buy were the Beka Cooper ones as I started trying to collect them around that time. And my favorite pairing would be Rosto the Piper and Beka, though I dont think they ever got together, I cant remember >//<

KaitouKid5790 said:
I think Battle Magic is it's own book. People expressed interest after Will of the Empress in what Briar's experiences in Yanjing were.

Also the one with Evvie and Rosethorn checking out the dying plants was Melting Stones I believe. Battle magic takes place in the Yanjing Empire

Thank you for all the information! :blush: Also yes, "Melting Stones" is the one about the dying plants. Its events are those after "Battle Magic". I was supposed to mention both books and ended up mixing those books as one.

I've read everything listed. I liked them! Some more than others. Protector of the Small all the way!

I started with the circle of magic books and figured I'd check the rest out.

Protector of the Small is definitely one of my faves. I also really enjoyed Becka Cooper because it was pretty different, not only a Provosts Guard but also in the past of Tortall (compared to when Alanna and the were around. It was interesting to see how 'police' work was done.

Back
Top Bottom