Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Firearms

David Merlyn

Super-Earth
What are your favorite firearms? Do you own any? Pistols vs Revolvers?

As for myself I own quite a bit but I'd say my favorite is still a customized Colt .45 1911 with rosewood grips and a compensator mounted with a crimson tracer, just in case. But no that ones not going to the shooting range.

Another little piece of history I have is an old nickel plated .32 5 shot Iver Johnson. This guns from around the early 1900's and is a pocket pistol, it's actually a revolver but that's what they call em. I prefer pistols easier to customize more firepower due to not loosing as much pressure when fired and more shots. Still I enjoy the look and feel of a revolver more. I'll post ore later

I was raised out in the backwoods so I've grown up around guns and I've been hunting since the age of five. Yes, I have worked with firearms for as long as I have been old enough to enroll in public school.

Needless to say, I've got my fair share of hunting tools from my twenty-two longrifle that I still use to hunt squirrel and rabbit up to my .308 that I use for hunting bear. When my grandfather passed away, he willed me his old gas-powered 12 gauge, which I use for dove, turkey, quail, and pretty much anything else that would be virtually impossible to hit with a rifle round without ruining the meat. My grandmother also gave me her old 30-30, which is the perfect deer rifle considering that I live in the woods and velocity is usually more important that range for the areas that I hunt in.

I've never been one for most handguns, even though they are the obvious choice for self-defense firepower. I don't like most automatic feeding firearms because the simple fact of the matter is that they are all going to jam at least once and you don't want that once to be when you need to defend yourself. Even my gas-powered shotgun has a backup mechanism to manually cycle through rounds if need be and my 30-30 is a lever-action.

Revolvers are a whole other story, though. I own a Smith and Wesson Governor for home defense and I absolutely love it. I'm currently saving up for another revolver to carry as a hunting sidearm for when I go out for bear or boar, but I haven't decided on exactly what I want. I'm leaning towards a .44 magnum. They aren't cheap, but they are a great hunting weapon - accurate and good game coverage.

Back
Top Bottom