Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If you could live

David Merlyn

Super-Earth
If you could live any kind of life without consequences such as the law or money being a restriction what would it be?

I think I'd choose a life like punisher/batman otherwise I'd love to be a Dr, like House though I know his line isn't real, well the diagnostics part. I'm smart, but not enough to create a new energy source for the world or make an invention that will change people's lives.

If you could be anything what would you be?

Considering you chose the life of a superhero, I'm going to assume that we're throwing realism right out the window. In that case, I just wouldn't live in this world anymore. I'd leave this all behind in favor of living in one of three universe. The world of Naruto would be my first choice. Never a dull moment around them parts and if we're throwing consequences out the window then I can only assume that my narutoverse persona would have plot armor for the bloodbath that was Shippuden.

My second choice would be to live in some form of zombie apocalypse. I was raised in the backwoods out in the middle of nowhere. I know how to hunt and how to grow my own food. I know how to can and how to pickle vegetables, how to navigate the world around me, and what plants in my area that are safe to eat and which ones are not. I can reload my own firearm ammunition and have access to three different reloading stations within my immediate family. I'm a licensed electrician, a volunteer firefighter/medical first responder, and I have basic fix-it skills for most other trades that you might find in construction setting. I'm armed with the knowledge and tools to survive a dystopian world. I would be fun.

My third choice would be the anime Yu Yu Hakusho. Being a spirit detective would just be awesome.

If we're talking more realistic type settings then I'd be a professional firefighter. I love what I do as a volunteer, but some of the things that you see... They're not good. The first time that you're the first one on scene for a bad car accident changes you. I'm not sure how much truth there is to the claim, but I have heard that rescue personnel have the highest suicide rate nationwide and I can certainly understand why with some of the things you see and the emotional weight of having someone die in your arms.

Being a volunteer means that I can just turn my dispatch radio off for a few days after a bad call, but when you're a professional, you don't have that choice. You could not pay me enough to make a career out of what I do for volunteer work.

In this scenario, however, there are no consequences. To me, that means no emotional burden. If that's the case, I would love to be a full-time firefighter or EMT. I love to help people, but there's only so much one person can take and I'm not strong enough to shoulder a full-time rescue job without this imaginary shield of "fuck it all".

batman and punisher are regular humans no powers just the ideas that both carry are extreme, I haven't decided which I prefer. They can also both be real, although not for a long time. Again this is if there was no law holding you back and you already had enough money to make it happen. I'm not looking for a fictional response such as superman or a demon.

Firefighter that's awesome. I know it's hard and thank you for the work that you do, I can't imagine what the burden on that is for your volunteer work, but I do appreciate it.

No consequences? But realistic? Okay, I would do exactly what I do now but I'd be an asshole sometimes. Like, money wasn't an issue, I'd be the same polite and service-geared cashier I already am but I'd let loose occasionally and say what I really thought. We don't get a lot of rude or inconsolable people but there's always that one that just decides to abuse you for whatever fucking reason. That one person who won't be happy no matter what.

Hypothetical: guy comes in wanting bananas and organic tomatoes. I weigh them and it comes out to $6.57 total, because of the organic $3.99/lb. on the tomatoes. He starts to say "No, that's not what the sign says!" So, I, empowered by the competitive service industry to give him the confused price because it's under $10, start to offer to fix it for him, amidst him shaking his head and ranting as he walks towards the door, exclaiming how insane the price is. Shouting, "I might have gotten it wrong!" to him, he stops 5 feet away and shouts obstinately, "THIS STORE NEEDS TO CLOSE!" while gesticulating irately.

No consequences? I'd throw the tomatoes at him and glibly say "Get out. We're closing."

Justified? Hell no. Helpful? Fuck no. Which is why, if I had the means to live however I want and/or not have the threat of being fired, I'd be a little bit of an asshole. Small dreams.

Also, I'd occasionally play dance music on the store sound systems and break into elaborate choreographed dance numbers on my register belt, lip synching to Gaga or Nicki Minaj or whatever because in my dream fantasy that's a cool thing to do.

Probably herding reindeer in Finland, for seriously.

This is the one thing I'm tempted to try doing in real life.

But basically, if I could live in the wilds, build my own place, etc, without worrying about the government coming along and trying to interfere with my lifestyle or chosen territory, yeah, that'd be cool.

If I had billions of dollars and no fear of consequences, I dunno, I might host parties and hunt rapists, but any such plan would probably end with me, some reindeer, and Finland *anyway*.

Trygon said:
'Without consequence' is pretty potent. Perhaps I'd explore the deep seas of the Sun~

Like the heat-laser bread knife, toast it while you slice it; tan it while you swim it. I know, I know, 'free of consequence' but that was the first thing I thought of. How much consequence though? Eh, don't wear anything while doing it to avoid unsightly tan lines.

I would love to build a fief, complete with castle, surrounding village, and market square, based on the Renaissance era, but with hidden modern amenities, such as restrooms that look like outhouses, but actually have flushing toilets (disguised as holes in wooden seats and sinks that have running water, but look like water pumps, as well as kitchens with stoves and fridges hidden in the decor). It would be called Stoneleigh Castle.

Once it was built, I would hire people to live and work in the village (as well as servants for the castle) and then I would live there as the Duchess of Stoneleigh. I would have the entire town/market area open for business on the weekends as a kind of long running Ren Faire, but I would also have it available for people to stay there, as a vacation spot.

There would be different 'levels' for the vacations, such as peasant (living in one of the houses down in the village, like a basic cabin-type hotel room, but you would need to take advantage of the inns and market food stalls), merchant (living in a larger, more elegant cabin in the village, which would include a kitchen for making your own food), and lord/lady (where you get rooms in the castle, which would include room service from the kitchen there).

Each package would include appropriate clothing for each day of your stay available in the closets of your home or room, so you could dress the part if you wanted to (but it wouldn't be required), and a weekly banquet with several courses of food and live entertainment would take place in the castle, which would be included in your package if you were there on that evening.

Back
Top Bottom