Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Falling in love with darkness(Londier & Morgenson21)

Londier

Super-Earth
Running tonight was different, human almost. It was hard. But what choice did he have? He couldn't climb, couldn't hide, and definitely couldn't turn and fight. They were too close, he was too injured and it only kept getting worse. But he couldn't stop, he had to keep going. If he could just make it to the city, then he would be safe for the time being. "Zain, you bastard! When I get my hands on you...!". The voice had grown faint, but even then, he was still on high alert, desperate for escape.

Zain was a valued member of the Vampire order, sector 29 to be exact, one of the strongest and most well known in the world. He was the muscle, the speed, and most of the time the brains. He kept the sector at it's best, even when their prestigious leader could not. But of course, such a valuable piece could not last forever. Zain was different, unlike anything they had ever seen. He created relationships with those he was sentenced to feed upon or kill. Of course, he did his job, and he kept himself strong, but not with a happy hand. It pained him to see the humans in agony, begging for their lives, so he did the unthinkable.

On his last night in the order, he witnessed a feeding frenzy. A woman, crying and screaming out, saying that she had children, and that they would be alone without her. He couldn't stand the torture any longer, so he released her. He set her free and killed her attackers. His brothers. An action that would send him into exile and have him murdered at the stake. But no, he wouldn't go so easily. He fought them off, as many as he could, only to be beaten down, ripped apart, finally getting the strength to run seek refuge. But they followed, having tasted his blood and living with his scent for centuries.

Now he remained running, his body battered and torn, bleeding from wounds that should have killed him. There was no way he would survive, but it was better than being killed at the hand of imbeciles. Just a few more minutes and he would be in the clear. He could already hear the people and smell the obnoxious scent of exhaust fumes and fast food. So late at night and these streets were still crawling. It didn't make any sense, but then again, what did he know about this breed?

Chicago was always such a lively place to be. Especially around the holidays. People shopping like mad men, fighting one another to get the next big thing for gifts. Or arguing over who would get the biggest turkey. He'd observed these actions from afar and always found it entertaining, but tonight, nothing was funny. He could care less about these humans, and even with them all staring at him and talking, he ignored the urges and stumbled through the streets. Of course, he probably did look strange. Early November and here he was with no shirt, barely any pants and scratches filleting his body. He was surprised when no one had called the police.

The police would be the least of his worries. He wasn't looking for trouble, just somewhere to comfortably lay down and well, die. And that was exactly what he found. He stumbled and trudged on through the crowds, making his way into an alleyway that was well away from the people. Dark, secluded, he would be safe enough here. So that was where he stayed. He took his place next to a dumpster, sliding down the wall and resting his hand against the grimy green metal. It was almost like relief to finally sit down after the battle he had just endured, and only at this moment did his welcome his death with open arms.

Taylor had just finished her shift at the local diner and was counting her tips. She had no family in Chicago and had picked to move here only a few months prior so she could follow her dreams of being a graphic designer. Standing at only five feet four inches, she was short for her age but made up for it with her long legs. Dressed in a black dress pants and a white blouse with her long dark brown hair pulled into a side braid, she finished up counting her tips and handed it off to the waitress after her. It was one of those twenty four hour diners for those who ate at weird hours. Wishing those in the diner a nice evening, she slipped her navy blue hat on that went just below her ears and slipping on a black button up coat before walking outside. She'd wrap the red scarf around her neck neatly and brace against the cold wind and light flurries that were falling from the now dark and starless sky.

She was only about half a block from her apartment and as she made her way along the sidewalk she had seen a man, or she thought it was a man anyways, run into an alley. It wasn't like her to usually go after weird people who sulk in alleys but he didn't seem to have proper clothing on and in this weather, he could easily die. Slowly following the man, her heart racing as she moved around the green grimy dumpster to set her bright ice blue eyes on the man. Stopping for a moment, she wondered if he was even breathing and moved closer, kneeling in the snow that surrounded him. Touching him lightly, shaking his arm, she'd speak softly, her eyes full of worry.

“S..s..sir? Are you o..” She stopped her question though as she pulled her phone so she could see with the light from it and she gasped, her hand covering her mouth. “Sir...I need to get you somewhere warm and safe...This alleyway will only be the death of you...” Not sure if he even heard her, she move next to him after sliding her phone back int her pocket and lift his arm up slowly, watching his face in hopes of him not freaking out on her.

Of course, he could never be left alone. Why didn't he think ahead? A man walking through the center of town wearing nothing but strips of clothing and covered in battle wounds, of course he would draw attention. Instinctively, his fangs slid from his gums, rows upon rows of dagger like pieces, dripping with venom. This brave little human smelled wonderful, and seemed to be afraid, not in any way set for an attack. Perhaps he could take advantage.

"Please, don't call the police, they won't know what to do with me... They'll take me to a hospital. I can't go to the hospital..." his words were choked, but he managed to speak to this girl while allowing her to take his arm. Christ, she really did smell amazing, and the heartbeat, thundering in his ears, she was healthy and fresh. He could take her right now and drain her. That would give him the power he needed... No. He left the Sector in hopes of getting away from that world. He would not put himself back into it.

"Where will you take me..." It was more of a demand then a question, but it still sounded so weak, like he was naturally curious but looking out for himself to make sure she wouldn't do anything dangerous with him. This was a brave female, so courageously taking him with her. He must have looked a sight. Standing at 6'2 full height, he was a force to be reckoned with. His body was that of a runner or swimmer. Large, brooding chest, cleanly cut abdomen and chiseled arms. He could have been a statue if his skin wasn't plagued with numerous scars, one in particular that started at his collarbone and curved all the way down to his hip. If not for his face, he would look like a brute. His jawline was chiseled, but covered in stubble, nothing too extreme. His hair, as long as it was, was usually combed to perfection, but tonight, was matted with blood and dirt, giving it a sickening appearance. Of course, his eyes were something to see. A beautiful light green that almost seemed to light up in the darkness. But if he wasn't careful, he would lose all color and allow them to become single white pits if he let his hunger take over. He couldn't let that happen with this girl around. He had to remain... Human.

Taylor's eyes widened a little as she saw the fangs, almost dropping him at first then shook her head a little, knowing he needed help even if he wasn't...human. She, luckily only lived half a block from the alley and, looked down at the male's beautiful bright green eyes as she swallowed hard and got him to his feet so he could at least walk wit her helping him.

As she helped him along and he asked or well, demanded more on where she was taking him, she answered him in a soft even voice even though she was scared. "My apartment. It's only half a block from here. I hadn't planned on calling the police or taking you to a hospital. You're in luck that someone who was an aid for awhile in her life was the one who found you." It was true, she had been an aid in nursing homes at home to help her pay for her trip out to Chicago.

It took them about fifteen minutes to get up to her apartment as it had no elevator and only stairs. As she helped him up the stairs, she swore under her breath about why she had to accept an apartment on the top floor of a nine story building. Finally reaching their destination, she unlocked the door and helped him to the couch first before closing the door, making sure it was locked. The apartment was small but nice. The living room and kitchen were connected and had a nice flow. There was a hallway to your left as you came into the place and it would lead to two bedrooms and a bathroom.

"Stay right there, I am going to get my medical supplies." She spoke sternly to him and quickly moved down the hallway and grabbed her kit she had made up awhile ago. Moving back into the living room, she pushed her coffee table away so she could kneal next to the couch and started to clean his wounds, slowly but surely. "This might sting a little..Would you like anything for pain?"

Strangely, she accepted him into her home, a mistake that everyone usually made. But she was helping him, and he would be forever grateful. Her question pulled a sick chuckle from him. "Pain... What an interesting concept." he shrugged it off and shooed her away with his hand. "I don't need medical attention, girl. I will be better off if you leave me alone. It belongs this way." he mumbled, achingly trying to lift his hand to push her attempts away, but with no success.

"Why bring a stranger into your home? Why bring such a beaten up man, one who looks like he's been through hell and spit back out? You must have an insane amount of trust." he shifted uncomfortably under her touch, watching her face.

Taylor put her hands on her hips as he shooed her away, glaring at him. She wasn't a stupid bimbo who didn't know what he was and her face turned slightly red in anger. "Would you rather I toss you back out on the streets for whoever is coming after you? If you'd rather me do that than help you, I'd be gladly to throw you down the stairs that I just dragged you up." She had a temper but only a few had seen it.

The green in her eyes turned darker than normal as she grumbled, putting the stuff away as she finally succeeded in getting him somewhat cleaned up. As she moved back into the living room where she left him, having heard his question. "Because it's not every day you meet a vampire. I'm not stupid Sir, I know what you are and what you could do to me but I am also a very kind person. I would help anyone out there if they absolutely needed it, which you did."

Now that she was done tending to him, she pulled of her hat and jacket, hanging it up by the door before making sure all the locks were locked or bolted. She did the same with all the windows before closing the blinds and curtains as she didn't want her nosy neighbors to be peaking in at her. Glancing over at him, she slowly moved over and sat on the coffee table. "If you don't mind me asking, what did attacked you and why?"

Such a strange little human indeed. Feisty, quick tempered, yet kind, soft, probably just looking for someone to love. The idea made him chuckle as he shifted his eyes from looking at his hands to looking up at her. "A very... Elite, order. The mafia I guess you could say. I didn't like how they were running things, so I retaliated. I tried to out smart them, out run them, hell, I even tried to fight. You see where that got me?" His head rolled a little as he thought about the battle. The aches and pains had returned for that brief moment, but soon disappeared. "They're afraid I'm going to share their secrets. To expose them for what they really are. They want me dead, and they will stop at nothing until myself and everyone I've ever talked to is gone. That means you, Tinker Bell." He focused his gaze back on her now, a sickening smile plastered on his lips.

Shit. Of course they would come after her. She was the only one that he'd had contact with since the attack, they'd come to her first, regardless of if he left or not. Part of him didn't want to care, it was in his nature to let humans die. But then again, he wasn't your average vampire. HE set out to protect these feeble creatures, even if that meant dying in the process.

Taylor listened to him speak, her eyes never leaving his gaze as she tilted her head a little, nodding now and again as she listened. When he came to speaking of them coming after her, she felt her pulse quicken but didn't show the fear she was feeling on her face. She figured he'd know since he was a vampire after all. There was still one thing she didn't understand though and so she asked.

"So you retaliated you say? I don't understand exactly why they would come after you. Is there another group or clan or whatever you call yourselves around then? I mean, telling humans their secrets wouldn't do them any harm, would it? I mean from what I understand of those around me, they don't believe vampires even exist. Only reason I even believe in them is I watched one kill my grandmother at a young age. He didn't see or hear me. I was really lucky to have survived."

"Um, if there is anything you need, just let me know. I'm going to make myself some coffee." With that, she got up and moved to the kitchen, moving around to make herself a cup of coffee with her espresso machine.

This girl was really something else. Following after her, Zain rested himself against the doorway in the kitchen. "If I could expose them, they would move. They would leave this city and go somewhere else, somewhere far away. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about them. I could live peacefully knowing some part of this damned world is safe." His arms were crossed firmly over his chest as he watched her work, studying her body, her movements, her habits and small impulses.
"My name is Zain... By the way... Just something I thought you should know, being that you are my savior and all..." his lips teased a smile.

Taylor could feel his eyes on her and it caused the hair on her neck to stand up. She poured herself her coffee and turned to look at him as he finally told her his name, sipping on her drink. "I'm Taylor...Nice to meet you Zain..." She laughed. "Savior? No, I'm just a kindhearted person who would help anyone in need even if one did kill a family member when I was younger.." She noticed his lips almost forming a smile and Taylor tilted her head a little bit.

"So there are so many different vampire stories through out history...Which ones are actually true? Like can you actually not go into churches, touch crosses, be splashed with holy water, walk around only at night...You know that kind of thing. I mean there are shows on TV now a days too where vampires can walk in the sunlight if they have a ring or a piece of jewelry of some sort that keeps them from being burned. Is that even possible?" She started to rattle off random things she had heard over the years, having always been fascinated by vampires.

"Oh my, seems like you know more about my breed than I do. Granted, your information is wrong, but I appreciate the intrigue." He rolled his neck a couple of times, mulling over the facts that she had laid out for him. While in thought, his lips almost formed a bit of a pout. "Let me start with the basic question then. Can I walk in sunlight? Yes. Of course I can. But only for a brief amount of time. It's kind of like a cookie. If you leave it in the oven for too long, it gets too crispy, burnt even. Same goes for me. My maximum amount of time thus far is around 15 minutes. But after that, my skin begins to sizzle. It's a polite little warning before it begins to melt." His expression never changed, as if talking about dying by sunlight was an everyday topic for him.

"What were your other questions now? Churches, right? It isn't something god would approve of, but I've actually fucked quite a bit inside churches. Something about being a creature of hell inside a chapel just gets my heart pumping." The chuckle that followed his words was dark and cynical. Now, his head was resting against the wall. "None of those silly little rumors are true, they're just things that authors made up to make us sound less dangerous and more appealing to the female eye. We're indestructible, to an extent of course, but I don't think that information is of anyone's interest right now, right, Princess?"

Taylor sipped on her coffee as he answered her questions, his smart ass remark making her roll her eyes, not caring if he saw it. She listened closely, remembering what he told her was true and wasn't. A soft growl came from her lips and her bright baby blue eyes grew grey a little. "First off..Zaine I never said I knew anything. I just stated to what I've heard in stories. It's not like in the library over here has a book called "The History of Vampires 101" so I would appreciate it if you didn't get so damn cocky. Secondly, I do not like being call princess. That nickname makes me sick to my stomach for multiple reasons which you don't even deserve to know at this point."

She was getting pissed off by the way he was acting. It was like he thought he was titled to some shit when he probably wasn't. "Well since it seems like you don't need me anymore so why are you even still here?" She mumbled a little as she walked towards him as she refilled her mug, annoyed yet.

"Because you invited me in. Making this a place where I am welcome. Vampires can only enter homes that they are invited into." he removed himself from the wall and walked towards her, as if to meet her in a challenge. "Plus, why would you want me to leave you alone? Now that you've helped me and provided me with shelter while I healed, the mafia will be all over you, ready to take you out. You've aided their biggest enemy. Imagine having hundreds, if not thousands of vampires waiting outside right now, ready to kill you in an instant. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like my kind of party. If you were smart you keep the nice vampire close while you still can..." his voice had dropped to a sultry purr. "Besides, I've always wanted a cute little pet." he smirked and took another step towards her, his fingers just barely touching her hips.

She stopped as he walked towards her, Taylor's heart racing with how close he was. Swallowing hard, her baby blue eyes looked up at him, that grayish tint still there, frowning as she realized he was right about hundreds or thousands of vampires outside her apartment. It freaked her out majorly. "If I was smart? What are you trying to imply Zain; that I am stupid?" There was a soft growl in her voice and she heard the sultry purr in his own voice, causing her to back away from him, especially when she felt his hands just barely touch her hips.

"Also..." She paused and pushed past him, but turned to let her eyes catch his. "I'm no one's pet so watch how you address me. If I'm anything to anyone, its either friend, family or girlfriend." She laughs softly, "I highly doubt you'd want a human girlfriend anyways." Taylor moved to the couch he had been sitting on and sat down, crossing one leg over the other, eyeing Zain closely as she sipped on her coffee.

Zain's eyes rolled and he took a large breath as she walked past him, her scent filling his head, intoxicating him for a brief moment. His lips curled into a smile, accepting this human as a challenge. But he knew he had to be wary. It had been decades since he'd wanted to feed from a human, but this girl was going to make him break his streak. Just the sheer size difference between them, the whole foot he had over her was enough to make him confident that he could take her in one swift movement. Oh, the things he would do...

Wait. Where had his mind gone? How long had he been standing in the kitchen? He couldn't seriously be thinking about hurting this human... Of course not. Pasting that coy smile back to his face, he turned effortlessly on his heels and watched her take a seat. "Girlfriend, pet, same thing. I don't see a difference between the two." He followed her to the couch and took a seat next to her, sitting a little to close. "And for the record, I wasn't calling you stupid. You said that yourself. Besides, you were trying to get rid of me... So..." he trailed off as he looked around the room, eyeing his surroundings.

She had no idea that she was so intoxicating to him but even if she did, Taylor wouldn't have changed the way she was acting...well maybe. Taylor watched as he had stood in the kitchen for a moment before he moved over to her, feeling his body against hers, especially his bare upper body..She tried not to eye his amazing upper body but she couldn't help it. The idea of that body over her's doing who knows what to her made her shiver and quickly glance away, laughing as he tried to say girlfriend and pet were the same thing.

"Girlfriends are those who are your equal, your other half and so on. You don't treat them like you own them Zain. If they tell you no, you respect it. If you call someone your pet it's like saying you own their life and control what they do so actually, yes, there is a difference. Plus, why would I want to be your's? You've been a complete jackass since I saved your ass and then trying to get me to sleep with you? Don't deny it either. You trying to put your hands on my hips is a huge tell that you want me which I don't blame you, I am gorgeous, but if you want me, you better try harder or at least attempt to turn me on in some way."

"You're shitting me, right?" he laughed aloud and shook his head, relaxing against the back of the couch. Aimlessly, he scratched his chest. Touching the scarred skin always seemed to calm him and remind him of the past. Each scar told it's own story, but the one he always seemed to favor was a long jagged line that ran from the right side of his neck, down his chest and curved around to meet the center of his spine. He listened to her words silently before sitting back up and moving closer to her in a smooth motion, his body looming. His eyes had faded to pools of black. He put his hands on each side of her, closing her in, bringing shadows to cover her body. "If I wanted you, I could take you now, whether you like it or not. There is not argument. There would be no fight... You would be mine and that would be it. Why pretend like you would be able to get away? You wouldn't. You would be trapped. Subjected to dealing with whatever sick thoughts cross my mind. Whatever sick fantasy... Dark, twisted cravings..." He'd brought his hands over her head now, his mouth lingering near her ear, his voice whispering hoarsely.

She watched him for a moment as he laughed and shook his head, rolling her eyes. Taylor noticed the scars on his body and the jagged line that seemed to disappear onto his back. As she sipped on her coffee, she felt his body loom over and around her, her heart racing some as she slowly set her mug down on the coffee table. Taylor's baby blue eyes looked up at his now black pools, leaning back some as she felt a hand on either side of her. Was he trying to be scary, she thought to herself as she listened to him speak, a shiver running up her spine as he spoke about how she wouldn't be able to get away even if she tried.

Breathing deeply, she could feel his warm breath on her ear and what he said more or less turned her on than scared her. Turning so she was facing him more, her eyes staring up at him. "Well either you're trying to scare me or you somehow knew that talking like that only makes me think of what I would want you to do to me sexually.."

"Maybe both... Or maybe neither." he shrugged and brought one of his hands away from the couch. It slipped effortlessly beneath her back and lifted her up to where their chests were pressed together. "I could do... bad things to you, Taylor. Terrible... Pleasureful... Ecstasy driven things..." His hand had brought her closer, close enough for him to press his lips against her throat for a single second, not letting himself enjoy the throbbing of her vein for too long. "I can bring you into a whole new world of euphoria...A place you'll never want to leave..." Now his fangs were free, so close to her skin, his mouth watering for a taste of the sweetness from both ends.

Regardless of the fact that his tactic was to tease her, he ended up teasing himself, breathing roughly with the amount of energy he was using to hold himself back. His throat itched painfully and his pants restricted him to a point of anger and irritation.

She gasped softly, one hand moving up around his neck as her heart raced faster and faster as he spoke, closing her eyes as she felt his lips press against her throat, biting her bottom lip. Taylor glanced down at him or as much as she could, seeing his fangs free and only inches away from her skin. "Zain..." She said his name softly, her hand moving to touch his cheek lightly. "Please don't hurt me. I know you're one of the only vampires who wouldn't."

The way he spoke to her though; she wanted him, badly. Taylor was completely under his command so to speak now. She didn't want him to go away now...if ever..

'So Thirsty' he thought, closing his mouth around his fangs as she spoke. No, he couldn't harm this girl. He wouldn't. It had been years, why would tonight be any different? Yes, he was weak, but drinking from the poor girl would do nothing but eat away at him for the rest of eternity. Besides, he already had her exactly where he wanted her, she wanted him, and that was enough for him.

Placing her back onto the couch, her removed his arm from her body and sat up, sitting on the opposite end of the couch. His gaze fell over her with a coy smile. "I don't blame you for wanting me, I am gorgeous, but you'll have to try a little harder." he chuckled teasingly and put his hands behind his head, sitting back. "That was pretty steamy, I'll have to admit, but I was only trying to prove a point. And look at that, point proven."

Taylor's eyes widened as he pulled back and sat at the opposite end of the couch, her mouth opening a little. That look on her face, however, didn't last long and it quickly turned into a death glare, pulling her legs up so her knees touched her chest as her arms wrapped around her legs. "You are a complete asshole." She said lightly and quickly got up after deciding she didn't want to be near him. The young woman moved down the short hallway that led to her bedroom, opening the door before slamming it behind herself.

Taylor stood, leaning back against the door and glanced around her room before tears suddenly fell down her cheeks as she cried. How could she have fallen for his tricks? She's WAY smarter than that. Taylor knew she was tricked but also knew she was smart but something about him drew her to him and she wanted to know why. She was also lonely when it came to that so maybe that had to do with it.

Sighing softly she moved over to her bed and crawled up onto it so she was sitting by the head board, using it to support her back as she hid her face against her knees as she pulled them up to her chest.

Asshole? Really? Him? He'd never been called an asshole before... well, at least not by a woman, and anyone who did call him such a thing had their head removed and shredded to bite sized pieces. She really had just called him an asshole. He sat in shock, staring at his hands, thinking of what to do. Should I accept it and leave? Or should I be like every ridiculous romance movie and go fight for her forgiveness?

The thoughts were ridiculously hard to juggle, but finally, with a long exasperated sigh, he stood from the couch and walked to the bedroom door, knocking on it roughly. "Taylor. I'll give you ten seconds to open the door before I break it down." he warned, taking a small step back and crossing his arms.

Taylor groaned as she heard him, glaring at her door as he demanded that she open the door. "Do I look like a child to you?" She mumbled but got out of her bed and slowly made it there. Slowly she opened the door and looked at him. "Yes?" She asked as her arms crossed across her chest, her one leg a little bent at the knee as the other was straight. Were they really fighting like this already? She thought.

Zain's lips twitched at her comment and when she opened the door, he rested casually against the frame. "Technically, yes, you do look like a child. I am 593 years old you know. How old are you? Twelve?" he teased and pushed his way into the room, taking a seat on the bed, watching her for several moments. "Were you really upset? About what I did?" his voice sounded sincere, like he genuinely did care about how upset he had made her.

Back
Top Bottom