Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Payment Methods

What is your preffered payment method?

• Cash

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Debit card

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Credit card

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Others [Comment]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I will usually default to a debit card, it tends to be the most versatile.
Cash for instances where that is not possible.

Credit cards I keep around for emergencies only.

I am an accountant by nature and profession, so for protection purposes i scrutinize my bank statements carefully, and burn the documents afterwards.

I actually like cash. I also debit card also appeals to me- it has the properties of cash but with the advantage of being all in one light, easy-to-carry card.

I don't think I would want to use a credit card. As much as possible, I want to avoid loans, debts, or owing people. I did some research and most unfortunately found that it is actually more practical to use a credit card for purchases online as it has a defense mechanism which a debit card lacks. Once a debit card is hacked, all the money can be gone as opposed to a credit one, there's one, a credit limit, two, a bill of statement with the list of transactions and you can notify the bank when there are discrepancies.

Me? I just like liquidity. *shrugs*

I've been using my debit card since Social Security stopped printing checks.I would just rather not carry cash on me.That way,no one knows how much money I have with me.

I choose cash. But it really comes down to what are you paying for? Putting cash down on a house is silly, buying a dinner at In & Out on the other hand isn't. The reason I prefer cash is it's versatile. I don't need anything extra to use it and it can be used at any moment. Need a ride ,offer cash, need to use a phone offer cash, gotta get a taxi or a bus again cash. Plus it leave no paper trail for others to capture your info or view your transactions.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
My mom and I only use a credit card.
*raises eyebrows* Really? What about for places that don't accept credit cards?

There's only a handful of places that don't accept credit cards and we do save cash for some of those places, such as the dollar store.

However,

the majority of places have actually made it to the 21st century and do accept credit cards.

Even cabs accept them - And they didn't 6 or 7 years ago.

Wow! Well, it's still advisable to bring cash in our country. Majority of places accept only cash. Transportation like taxis (cabs) and jeepneys. The only troubling thing is that most of the time, they don't have change. Even business establishments. There are many controllable variables in running a business, and having spare change is the easiest of them.

Back
Top Bottom