Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon and the Girl (AkityMH and Nightsorcress

Aeran lifted his head to the sound of running feet. When he saw Lily go to the entrance of the cave, he would smirk a bit. "stupid girl..." He knew she could not leave, and he figure she wouldn't be dumb or crazy enough to throw herself off the edge. OF this he was confident.

Lily inched closer and closer to the edge. Her heart pounding in her chest . Her toes now hung off the edge. She didn't want to die like this but she did not know what else to do. She tried to focus her mind telling herself their would be no pain. But she didn't have time a gust of wind came up knocking her over the edge. She let out the most blood curdling scream as she fell. She did not fell far however she landed on the ledge just below the cliff entrance. She landed hard though hitting her head on a rock cutting her head and knocking herself out.

Aeran's eyes opened wide as he sat up. Without any thought, he bolted forward, his form changing almost immediately to a black dragon and stomping out to the cave entrance. He looked down, and to his relief he saw the girl alive. His head came down and gently put his mouth around her waist, and slowly lifted her up from the danger.

Back in the cave he took her to his bed, and started to tend to her head wound. He cleaned it to start, and rubbed it free of blood before patching it up.
then he gave her a firm slap across the face to try and wake her up. "Wake up! Wake up or you may die in your sleep!" he shouted at her, worried she may die of a concussion.

Lily didn't move as he lifted her from the rock or as he brought her back to his bed. If she were awake she would be in pain as he dressed her wounds, but there again she lay motionless. When he slapped her, her eyes fluttered open looked at him a moment before they once again closed.

Aeran growled loudly and grabbed her, shaking her. "I said wake up you stupid girl!" Anger resonated in his yelling. Last thing he wanted was for her to die. Again he struck her across the face.

Lily eyes opened again as he shook her and yelled this time they stayed open longer but they looked like they were going to close again at any moment. "Just let me die" she said softly her eyes pleading with him.

"No, you stay awake and live!" He growled, eyes narrowing into snake-like slits. "I own you, so you need to stay awake, and live!"

In that moment he reminded her why she didn't want to fight to live. There was no reason to. She let her eyes close and she fell back to sleep.

He let out a loud growl and stood up, stomping away and transforming again into a dragon. He slammed his claws down, and breathed fire, letting out pent up frustration that Lily was giving up. "Your a real brat, you know that?!" Aeran's claw smashed a stalagmite into a pile of pebbles.

A set of blood red eyes watched as Aeran throw his fit over the girl. After his was done a woman moved from the shadows and looked at him not seeking to be afraid. "My my all this anger over the silly mortal girl, I would think you would be happy to see her die, then she wouldn't be your problem anymore" the woman looked evil, just plan evil, this was the creature that cursed his family in the first place.

He swung around, glaring toward the strange, intruding figure. Atop his already bad mood, seeing someone stepped into his home really set him off. "You! Who are you and why are you here? Speak before I reduce you to a pile ash!" Flames lapped over his teeth and lips as he spoke as if baring the power he had.

"You can't hurt me, I am the one who made you who you are." She laughed a little "my reason for being here is simple I need you to break the curse, you see I used a lot of magic to curse your ancestors and now I have grown bored and want that magic back for more fun things. And I suppose you want to be able to choose when you are a dragon and when your human now wouldn't you."

Hearing her words, he had mixed emotions and thought of many things. She cursed them? What was she? Something not human, most likely, like himself. Yet, still... "I can choose who am, what I am, whenever I choose!" He stomped a massive claw down, rattling the whole cave. "If you come to tease me with some silly promise, then you can take your leave, for I have no use for the likes of you. If anything, I will keep the magic you tell me you need, for it is mine! Mine, and mine alone!" Aeran then roared loudly at her, the sound unbearable in this small cave to most.

"Or I can just kill you right now, true I will loose some magic but it would come back to me eventually, I don't think you coming back from the dead." She seemed not to care at all about his little fit. "So what's it going to be, are we both going to get our happy endings, or will I just get mine, a little later than I planned?"

He glared at her, and let out another fierce roar. Then he was calm. "On one condition..."

She wrinkled her forehead "I don't think your really in the position to be adding conditions, however I am in a good mood tonight so let's hear it." She said plainly

"She lives." He said, tilting his head to Lily's limp body. "Remove my curse and take your witchcraft, but use your power to keep her alive." he stomped one claw, still angry.

"Well she needs to live in order for the curse to be reversed, I can't simply remove the curse it has to be broken, you have to break it. To break it you need to learn to love her. Love is not something you ancestors understood. And she must love you in return" she looked at him

Aeran stared, hearing the words and going numb. Love this girl? This idiot girl who was just about to kill herself? If she wasnt even strong enough to keep herself alive and give up, why should he love her? Smoke puffed from his nostrils. When it came to it, he didn't want her to die at all. He was not cruel... or at least, not that cruel. "It had to be something nigh impossible, now didn't it?" He remarked to the apparition.

"Well you want her to live don't you, it's time you and your kind me learned to love the impossible" she looked at him he reminded her so much of his ancestor it was crazy "however I am not going to wait forever for you to leave be her so you have 6 months or else I will be back to kill you both"

He narrowed his eyes. Such a short time, he wasnt sure if things would even work like that. "In six months and I do not love her... then you can try," he growled.

"Good then, we have a deal, you learn to love her with your heart or else I will crush hers and you will watch, then I will crush yours" she smiled and then tossed him a bag "this will help her heal from her fall make into a tea and give it to her." She then disappeared back into the shadows

Why now... Why now of all times did the one who cursed his family decide to return? Maybe shes always been there, quietly instigating his family for amusement. None that of that mattered, now. Shifting back to a human, he picked up the bag and went to work making a boiling pot of water. His fiery breath made the pot hiss within minutes, and then he added in the ingredients.
He poured a small cup, after he dusted it out... Aeran did not use cups and plates much and it showed. Then he brought it to Lily and sat next to her, slapping her lightly to wake her up again. "Wake up you dumb girl. I have medicine for you."

Lily looked paler now then she did when he left her, but she also looked peaceful. When he slapped her she mumbled a bit and her eyes opened slowly she looked at him for a long moment and sighed softly to herself. She was still alive and he was still there.

"Here.." He offered her the cup of warm tea, still steam rising from it. "This will make you feel better..." For the first time so far, he sounded.. gentle? It was hard to tell. He still had that hard face.

Back
Top Bottom