Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"I don't have a high opinion of myself. That's Sieglinde. Barking orders at everyone like she's the Queen of Eden or something." Adrian sighed heavily. That girl would never leave her alone...and every time it always blew up in her face when Adrian put her into the dirt. But it was nice to see that Ian was actually starting to...enjoy things.

"Sounds like a bit of a lie if you ask me," Ian said, cracking his knuckles with a playful smirk. "Or who was the one who flipped out when they were losing when we first fought, huh?"

"You think you're real cute, don't ya? There were people watching...I basically was losing to a newborn baby. That's embarrassing!" Adrian explained as she moved back into her stance. She never claimed she did well under pressure.

"Well, then the kindergarten is making you flinch," he said, clicking his tongue. "Not very good for your self-esteem, is it?" he said, curling his finger at her again. Why did he feel like this? It was like some great weight had been pulled off his shoulders.

"You're a shithead." Adrian told him with a smirk before she decided to really pull out the moves on him. It was a little unneccesary, and far beyond the basics...but it would be fun to see him freak out...when she began circling around him so fast that her image literally start splitting. First once...then twice...and before he knew it there were six of him circling him so fast that he'd be able to feel the wind in his hair. "Try dodging this!" Every one of her pulled their fist back and aimed at his head. If he could tell which one was the real one, she'd be impressed.

Ian glanced at the display in genuine surprise, tracing it all with his eyes. Fast, really fast...he almost gave himself a headache trying to follow it. But he didn't have to know which one was the real deal, he just had to be fast enough to block all of them. But, where was the fun in that? He pivoted to his right, arm extended as he caught the fast swing and shifted, his hand on her stomach to throw her over his shoulder.

He couldn't honestly believe he had caught that, but it took the wind out of him to do.

"What the-." Adrian couldn't believe this. It was ridiculous...ludicrous even! But he actually dodged and caught he at the same time?! "Goddamn it..." She grumbled, clearly sore about her loss. Especially now that she was slung over his shoulder like some trophy. "How'd you even do that?!"

"Talent?" Ian joked with a breathless exhale before sitting her down. "I don't know, I just saw it and reacted." he said, face flush with exhaustion. How did you even get used to that kind of movement?

"Tired?" Adrian inquired with a raised eyebrow. Okay, at least there was something normal about him. That kind of movement not only took skill, but stamina as well. His body wasn't used to it at all.

"It's hard to manage this," he admitted with a heavy breath, rolling his shoulders. "I'm going from one extreme to the next, the finer control is difficult. I suppose that's something I'll learn with time."

"Yeah, that's true. Need a break already, Princess?" She asked with a smile. "We probably should have stuck with the basics...I was just trying to put you in your place. Didn't work."

"I wouldn't say that," he huffed. "You can do that all day, I can't yet...consider me humbled," he grinned. "Let's try again, just don't be surprised if a stray hit sends you into the wall...Princess."

"Pfft. You really are a shithead, you know that? It's your turn, let me counter a few of your punches." This was nice...for some reason. Adrian had never sparred with anyone and actually enjoyed it. Most of her fights were for her life, including the ones here. Most girls didn't like her.

"Think you can, huh?" Ian said, but regardless, he moved forward and decided to give it his best shot to make it a challenge for her as he threw out a hard straight.

She barely dodged..and she probably cheated a little bit for being able to do so at all. But her fist went low as she attempted to hit him square in the gut since his punch went high. What were they even doing anymore? Just trading punches like idiots and trying not to get knocked into a wall? Well...it was something to do.

Ian skirted back, barely. But the feeling of the pads against his stomach made him suck in his breath before he retaliated with a hook. Better, he thought. He felt like every movement was coming to him, slowly, but surely.

She caught his punch with her freehand...although it was kind of painful even with the gloves. But still...she simply held his fist tightly in place before she yanked him closer to her. It looked like she was going in for a headbutt, but she stopped herself and lightly tapped her forehead against his. "Almost forgot...we're sparring." She said with a smirk. That probably would have hurt.

Ian felt like a deer in the headlights for a second before the light tap, and he relaxed after a moment. She smelled even better with sweat, his pupils had widened. The feeling at the base of his spine had improved, considerably. He knew the feeling, but he didn't know what it meant.

"...Right," Ian exhaled with a faint chuckle. "I thought I was going to get knocked flat on my ass."

She noticed it again...the way he looked at her. Or maybe she was just imagining things? "Well..." Adrian began as slowly pulled away from him. "I think I'm ready to eat a little breakfast. I'm skipping class today, so if you want to hang out or anything just come to my room." She smiled. Maybe they just got off on the wrong foot?

Made sense...they did almost kill each other.

"...Yeah, breakfast sounds good," Ian agreed, pulling off his training gloves. "I probably shouldn't skip my uh...classes though, I have a lot to catch up on." Assuming it wasn't just high school again, anyway.

"Yeah, probably. I wasn't trying to sabotage you or anything." Adrian said with a wink as she did the same with her gloves. "We can at least eat together, right? This time I won't flip a table and have everyone in the cafeteria look at you."

"That'd be terrific, thanks," Ian said dryly. "But I think that damage is already done, call it a gut feeling." Especially considering the little chat he had with Whisper earlier, he supposed he'd just be popular?

"That's putting it mildly," Ian said, scratching his neck. "I'm pretty sure half of the girls that saw me either wanted to beat the crap out of me or ask me for a date."

"Well, you're good looking and you have good genes. It's hard to find both sometimes, so I'm not surprised." Adrian said with a shrug as she started walking out of the gym. "We can't get seen too much together, I'm gonna get so much shit."

Back
Top Bottom