Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"Funny," Ian said dryly. "So, can I ask you something then?" he said faintly. "You guys...I mean, we...we have heightened senses?"

"That's right. It's how we know who's human and who's vampires. It's also how we sense danger coming." Sieglinde answered casually. "Kind of a pain in crowded areas but you get used to it."

"Huh," Ian said, his eyes trailing along her back a moment. Well, he knew what that scent was, but he didn't know why he was smelling it. What had he done? "I see, that explains a lot then." Why his nose seemed to pick up almost everything in clear detail, which is why his stomach let out an impatient snarl.

"It's done, it's done!" Sieglinde told him as she started getting out the plates. She could hear that stomach a mile away...literally. Bacon, onion and fried potatoes might not have sounded like a good lunch to some people but it was a very popular dish in Germany. She made his plate and then sat it down in front of him before going back to get her own. "Bratkartoffeln. Enjoy."

"Thanks," Ian said, which was probably a half second before he shoved piping hot potatoes into his mouth without much hesitation. He was honestly starving out of his mind, and it tasted incredible. The flavor was intense like nothing else, and his eyelids fluttered just a fraction as he slowed down his chewing, licking his lips of the seasonings. He had no idea food could even be this good. Whatever weird smelling thing he had before was gone and replaced with a ravenous hunger.

Sieglinde watched him eat for a moment before she slowly pulled her eyes away and started to eat herself. He ate like he hadn't eaten in days...but at least he seemed to enjoy her cooking. She didn't seem to have any manners. While she wasn't shoveling her food down like he was, she was hunching down over her food and shoving big bits of potatoes in her mouth and didn't bother wiping off whatever was on her face. It was nice...eating with a guy. Well, at least one that she liked.

He settled back when he was finished, eyes distinctly on her. That smell hadn't gone away, and now he finally understood what it was. Arousal. Clear and obvious to him now that he had some time and reasoning from a full stomach. He was that appealing to these girls, when they didn't even know him? He felt like he had more to learn than they could ever teach at this rate.

"Thank you," Ian murmured. "For the food, I mean."

"Don't mention it," She told him as her eyes met his for just a second before she looked away with a frown. "What are you looking at me like that for? It's not like you're the only person I've ever had over for lunch. Seriously, it's not a big deal." She mumbled.

"No reason," Ian smirked in minor amusement. "I'm just picking up a nice scent, that's all." A very nice scent, but maybe he shouldn't...or maybe he should. It was hard to tell with these new sensations, these new feelings.

"What..?" She began as she glanced up at him again, this time glaring at him. He was staring at her and commenting on a nice scent? Was she...no way. She may have found him attractive but...ugh was she really?! "That's creepy, don't say that kind of thing to a girl you just met! You obviously don't have any manners." She huffed as she got up and grabbed his plate to put away.

"Says the girl who yanked me out of a lunch room to bring me here alone," Ian said dryly. "Look, I may not know a lot of things about what's going on, but I have a minor suspicion you didn't bring me here just to make me dinner. Is this going to be something I'll have to adjust to, as well?"

"Beats me," She said passively as she started running the faucet. "I don't know what you're talking about. I was just getting you away from that trouble making bitch you were with earlier. Don't flatter yourself." Except she wasn't exactly sure why she brought him here alone anymore and now he was putting doubts in her head. Maybe she did want to be alone with him, she didn't know. She'd never admit it even if she knew why.

There was something different about her posture that made him feel like she was lying, but he wondered why he knew that. He shifted out of his seat, feeling confident...if a little weirded out by his own sense of hastily formed knowledge. One hundred percent compatibility, it meant he'd be only with the best and the brightest. But that also meant that everyone else would want him, or would want to be him.

It was a strange, disturbing place to be for someone who had never been so much as a blip before. Rangers by way of their jobs were rarely lauded for their actions, simply because what they did was routine and constant. There was usually no time to dispense medals, even if you were commemorated on reports. But now? He was important, and he didn't know what to do with that. For now, though...perhaps he'd embrace it, a little.

"Alright," Ian said easily, resting against the edge of the counter. "So what else can you tell me that I need to know?" he said. "What about the others? Am I going to be...shoved into a classroom, or whatever?"

The flustered look never left her face as she focused on washing the dishes...except her glare was as poisonous as ever. At least it wasn't directed at him...she was just angry at herself for beign so nervous sfor seemingly no reason at all. Either way, she felt obligated to answer his question. Even though he was smelling really good to her right now...as long as she didn't look at him things would be fine. "Of course, you have a lot to learn. You'll start at the lowest level and work your way up. If you're talented, it won't take you any time at all to be the highest ranking officer here considering your compatibility rate. I can also tell you that you're going to be challenged by a lot of people...fighting is allowed on school grounds so long as a high ranking authority is there to witness it and make sure things don't go out of control."

"Oh, great," Ian sighed, scratching his cheek. "And I guess that means there's going to be a lot of people interested in my other qualities, too?" Jeez, was this place a school or a legal fighting and breeding pit? Desperate times called for desperate measures, he could understand that, at least.

"...Probably, yes. But you don't have to worry that much about it. Everyone knows you aren't allowed to do that unless you have the authorization to. Probably won't stop girls from trying to be your girlfriend though." Sieglinde shook her head a little. She didn't really know what it was like...to be anything special. She didn't have guys seek her out or anything. She had gotten this far on pure strength alone. Unlike some people...

"Interesting," Ian mused, leaning forward to catch the scent of her hair. "We're not supposed to...but are you telling me nobody does?" He found that extremely hard to believe.

She was starting to squirm out of..frustration when he leaned in closer. She decided to turn towards him to look him in the eye. "Well yes, people do..but they are punished accordingly. You can't do that. It's against the rules..." Any other guy and she would have slugged him already...

"Really?" Ian said curiously. "I'm kind of surprised to hear that, Fraternizing with your fellow Rangers isn't viewed so heavily, but I guess we don't get our children taken away from us, either." More people was a good thing, more people that grew up Rangers? Even better.

"It's a distraction. We have more important things to do when we aren't dispatched, anyway. But I'm sure there are students who don't have their priorities straight. It's hard to partner with someone, though...knowing that more than likely the other person will have to mate with someone who isn't you." Sieglinde told him as she finished the dishes and left them out to dry. That's why she never bothered...she would never want to see the man she loved laying with another person...

"Anyways, you should really see about finding your place here. In the dorms. You're new...so you might have a roommate at first."

"Hm, I suppose I should," Ian agreed. "Thank you for your help, Seiglinde...I appreciate someone telling me a little more about what I'm going to be dealing with."

"It's whatever. No big deal. I know this place is intimidating and Adrian was just making it worse for you." She rolled her eyes. "You'll see her again. I imagine you two will be authorized to mate...soon."

"Yes, she mentioned," Ian sighed. "I'm not going to enjoy that as much as I thought I would. It was by orders, not by choice. What could he do about that when he barely understood what was going on?"

"I thought so..." Sieglinde mumbled, her face souring at the thought. "Well I've heard this isn't her first authorization. She just never goes through with it. The last guy who tried to make her she beat him until he was unconscious. She's not going to be enjoyable...." That bitch thought she was too good for everyone. The nerve.

"I've learned that already," Ian said, rubbing his neck. "Still, thank you. I owe you one, Seiglinde. I'll figure out the rest when I can. Where should I go about...wherever I'm staying?"

Back
Top Bottom