Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

Sieglinde glanced over at Ian and stared for a little while. She really wasn't sure what to make of this one considering he had a proclaimed compatibility rate of one hundred percent..something that shouldn't have been possible. Adrian could have easily lied about it, but then again why would she ever admit someone was better than she was unless it was the truth?

"Adrian, pick up those chairs. I'm not joking. If you don't, I'm going to find you and beat the shit out of you later." Sieglinde growled before she approached Ian.

"You can try," Adrian mumbled as she watched her curiously. "You going to take the new kid off my hands?"

"I have to, otherwise he'll be corrupted by your spoiled attitude. Honestly..." Sieglinde cleared her throat and looked into his eyes. "My name is Sieglinde Faust. On behalf of the students at the academy, welcome to District Zero. Ian? That's your name, right? Come with me." She didn't give him much choice before she grabbed him by the hand and started pulling him away. To which, Adrian did not respond to at all.

"No, hold it, stop." Ian groused, her grip was firm, but he wasn't budging at all. "I'm tired of being yanked around, I'm hungry, I'm tired and I'm about ready to make a dent in the wall." he said, his red eyes glimmering with a faint hue. "And you can all stop staring. I want something to eat, then you're going to take me somewhere that I can sleep. Got it?"

The crowd of eyes were slowly starting to turn away. Sieglinde was impressed with that, he wasn't a push over like so many boys were. That glimmer in his eyes gave her chills, but she loved that dangerous feeling. "I was going to take you somewhere you can eat in peace and you can sleep there if you want to." She told him with a smile.

"It's a trap..." Adrian warned passively as she walked passed them. She was just as hungry and tired as he was and she was going to get back in line and get some food.

"Noted," Ian mumbled. but nodded in agreement to Seiglinde's statement. He was starving, and he just needed somewhere to just relax and think for a minute. But what exactly was it a trap for?

"Don't listen to her...she doesn't even have the courtesy to listen to her superiors." Sieglinde would punish Adrian later, but first...she had this new one to attend to. She pulled him along, out of the cafeteria. Unlike most of the students she actually liked to eat in her dorm. It was quiet there and she had a kitchenette where she could cook things she actually wanted to eat.

"Superiors aren't everything," Ian muttered. "Trust me, a healthy dose of skepticism goes a long way in keeping you alive." In fact, he'd probably still be a normal human being if he had done just that. But stupid him, he went anyway. Where were they going? The cafeteria was behind them...hopefully it wasn't what he was thinking.

"You don't know her because you're new here," Sieglinde began as she led him to the dorms. "But she's a trouble maker. Always has been. She's almost gotten a few people killed because of it during missions. You shouldn't hang around her." Her grip seemed to tighten around his hand. Clearly she didn't like Adrian at all.

"Yeah, look," Ian said flatly. "I've not actually been able to control who I've been 'hanging out' with since I got here, okay?" A point that was starting to sour him just a little, but what else could he do? He had no literal idea what the hell he was supposed to be doing, or what he would be doing at all. All he had to rely on was everyone else, and most of them looked like they wanted to fight him...or something else. "So, don't look too deep into these things, I was normal a day ago."

Now he just felt like...no, he did feel normal. A thought that made his face scrunch into annoyance. No, he felt more comfortable than he ever did. And that disturbed him, immensely.

"Normal?" Sieglinde looked up at him, her frown deepening slightly from his choice of words. She kept tugging him along though before she pulled her eyes away. "Well, look...you're definition of normal is gonna have to change. Pretty soon this place is the only thing you're going to know...and the only freaks you'll ever see are the damn vampire scum that's trying to take over the planet."

"I was a Ranger," Ian muttered. "I know you...students are busy dealing with the big stuff, but that was my life every time I left Eden, dealing with the starved ones. It wasn't any more fun than it is for you guys fighting the bigger problem." His wording would have to improve, but he didn't grow up on this. Old habits died hard, and they were probably going to die painfully hard the more time he spent here.

"You're not a ranger anymore, though...you're one of us. So you have to fight the bigger problem too...among other things." Sieglinde told him as they finally stopped at one of the doors. She pulled out a card and flashed it over the security lock before it opened. She glanced at him as she pushed the door open slowly. They didn't even have to walk in for the dorm to light itself up. It was small, a single room with a kitchenette, a little breakfast nook. The only other doors were to the closet and bathroom. Sieglinde was glad she had just cleaned up but this was the first time she had brought a guy over to have lunch with her. It wasn't unheard of...inviting a guy to a dorm room. But it was mainly for coupling. Authorized coupling. "Come in. What kind of stuff do you eat? Do you like juice?" She asked as her cheeks reddened slightly at her lingering, unnecessary thoughts. This was completely innocent...it's not like she wanted him or anything. He was handsome but...she was just trying to save a new student from the hands of that trouble maker Adrian!

"Sure," Ian sighed, glancing around at the simple room after a moment. "Juice is fine, I could probably eat anything right now." he said, finding a spot to sit down on one of the few seats in the room. Well, at least he was familiar with the housing arrangement, a tiny bit nicer though. There was something strange about Seiglinde, though. Something that made his nostrils flare up faintly in curiosity as he looked at her, his burning red eyes trailing down her body with an almost innocent curiosity. What was that?

"But you are right," Ian agreed. "...as much as I hate to admit it. I'm...whatever you guys are now."

She seemed blissfully unaware at his staring because she was so busy trying to be...accommodating to her guest. She had done this dozens of times with female students. Males she usually left to another male student. But he wasn't around today, so...this was fine. There was something about him that made her nervous and now that she wasn't in front of anyone anymore it was hard to keep her constant guard up. "Hate to admit it? Are we that bad?" She asked as she poured him a glass of apple juice and placed it down on the small breakfast table for two. She was finding it hard to look him in the eye, what was going on with her? He was just a guy!

"No, I mean..." Ian sighed. "It's complicated, alright? Not like a lot of the people in Eden even know about you guys, really. I mean...we do, but we don't know a whole lot. A lot of people know we're supposed to be grateful, but we don't always understand why. We just know you deal with the hard stuff."

Sieglinde was quiet for a moment before she pointed at the chair. "Have a seat." She simply told him before she moved over to the fridge once more and grabbed a few potatoes and a pack of bacon. "What do you want to know?" She asked absentmindedly as she began to prepare the food. She could talk to him without feeling stupid nervous when her back was turned.

"What do you do here?" Ian asked, watching her cook. "This is kind of like the Ranger barracks, but a little nicer." he said. "Do you get deployed as often?"

"Here, there are two things that we do." She began as she started chopping up the potatoes. "We hone our skills..learn about how our powers work. We learn how to control them and get the most out of them without hurting ourselves. You have only fought the drones...the blood thirsty zombies. They are not truly vampires. The real vampires, there are different types. Here, we learn about those types and the best way to fight them. The second thing we do, is we breed. We...started doing this recently. The strongest of us are picked to join with each other and once the woman conceives, she is on inactive duty. It's actually...you still have to work because they do a lot of tests on you...tests on the life growing inside of you. They monitor everything, some girls even go under more treatment to keep them strong through the pregnancy. I heard...some bad things. That if the woman is too weak, she doesn't survive. Or the baby doesn't survive. But...even after everything...all the pain that we go through to carry that baby. They just take it away and we go back to being on duty. Who knows if the mothers will ever see their children. It's kind of...a top secret project and not even we know what they do with them afterwards." She stopped for a moment and then shook her head. It was their duty to do this, they knew that when they signed up.

"Anyway...I'd say we as a whole get deployed often to deal with threats that Eden has never seen because we don't let those threats get close enough."

Ian crossed his arms in thought, head tilted with a puzzled frown. "So...selective breeding, I suppose it makes sense. It's not like we have a lot of room for being compassionate," Even so, there were limits...taking children away from mothers for some shadowy purpose? All of this just put a bad taste in his mouth, but maybe that was just his military training talking....and his life experiences. In a world like this, could there even be secrets? "Guess I have a lot to learn, then."

"You'll have plenty of time to learn..." She responded as she pulled out a large frying pan and dumped the potatoes in. "So, is it true? Do you really have one hundred percent compatibility?"

"I guess?" Ian shrugged. "That's what everyone is telling me, I find it a little weird though. I mean...this sort of thing, they pick them young, right? So you guys have an easier time adjusting to it...so why couldn't they find me when I was younger? Then all of a sudden I'm...completely compatible? It doesn't make sense." Or maybe that was just his forlorn bitterness talking, he knew he had to accept...this, but why did it feel more normal than when he was normal?

"I don't know." Sieglinde flatly responded as the smell of bacon started to fill the room. "But they do things for a reason, even if they don't think we understand them. Maybe they'll tell you eventually, maybe not. But what happened happened. You can't go back to being normal now, so...you might as well just accept that this is your life now. It's easier said than done, but once you come to terms with things you'll see that this isn't all bad."

"Even though I'm a vampire?" Ian said dryly. "What else could one hundred percent comparability mean? I am what we've been fighting our entire lives for, our entire species has been fighting for." And it felt normal, painfully normal. Why? What the hell was wrong with him?

"Unless you were bit by a vampire, you're not a vampire. I don't know what 100 percent compatibility is, but it can only be considered a miracle. Perhaps you are what the human race needs to overcome this war. Ian, you can very well be considered a gift from above rather than a monster." She turned back and gave him a warm smile...as warm as a girl like her could be anyway. "It all depends on your point of view, don't you think?"

"I suppose so," Ian admitted. "...But one hundred percent compatibility sounds like Vampire, to me. Whatever the benefits are, I don't think I'm any different...I just don't seem to want blood."

"That and your humanity seems to be in tact. Only a human would whine so much about something like this." She added with a smirk before she went back to cooking. "Food's almost done."

Back
Top Bottom