Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Please read the whole thread!

P

Philakori

I'm not one for griping. I've been on this site for years by now, and this is the first time I do this, but I'm really getting fed up.

I have a couple of request threads, and in both of them I clearly write that I prefer to roleplay by instant messenger. It's not for everyone, which I respect. I just wish that others would show me the same respect.

Time and time again I get PM's asking to roleplay, and I'm happy to do so. However, it usually turns out that these people will only roleplay by PM's or emails, so either they haven't read my entire request thread, or they think that they are the exception to the rule. Both are incredibly arrogant and disrespectful.

Argghh!!! Sorry, but I just needed to get that off my chest.

You could try emphasizing your notation on your only roleplayed locations. Make it large, in bold - the very first thing they see in your thread?

Unfortunately, it's just one of those things that happens. Some people tend to read into a thread only what they want to read into it, and no matter what you do there are always going to be those who are ignorant or self-centred.

However, having said that, I viewed one of your threads, and it states:

"Mostly I roleplay by instant messenger (Yahoo!, AIM and MSN)."

Possibly if you removed the 'mostly', and state definitively that you only play by IM, that would help. Having it there leaves your comment open to the interpretation that you do, on occasion, write elsewhere. Or can be convinced to.

Mr Quixotic said:
However, having said that, I viewed one of your threads, and it states:

"Mostly I roleplay by instant messenger (Yahoo!, AIM and MSN)."

Possibly if you removed the 'mostly', and state definitively that you only play by IM, that would help. Having it there leaves your comment open to the interpretation that you do, on occasion, write elsewhere. Or can be convinced to.

But I do, as it reads afterwards, "very much enjoy spicing it up with some kinky emails which either develop the story/characters or include ideas and other thoughts which can highten our pleasure." Hence there can be little doubt that the roleplay is to be primarily by IM, and only spiced up by emails. However, I have heeded your suggestion to spell it out in no uncertain terms.

Back
Top Bottom