Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Childhood Reminiscence

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
So I was talking with my mother today about some of the things she remembers me asking her when I was little and it got me thinking about all the interesting stories I've been told about my littler self. And I was wondering something else: What is one of the best stories you were told about when you were little? Or your favorite childhood memory?​

My mom has a poem book I made from when I was in either first grade or kindergarten school where I depicted my brother as the spawn of all evil.

I'm dead serious, I even drew pictures with the poem. xDD

Bahahaha. Priceless.

Apparently when I was four, I picked up my neighbor's garden hose (He was like, my best friend back then and passed away recently) and I kept spraying him with the hose and he yelled for my mother. XD My mom was like, "Why don't you just take it away from her?" Every time he got near me, I sprayed him.​

Wow...I was so happy when I saw this topic, and I thought I would ask my mom..So I went downstairs while she was cooking and my Dad was reading the paper. I hugged my mom and asked all nicely and sweet, "Ma,tell me a story about when I was little.."

To which she promptly and in very Chinese mother like fashion, pulls away and smacks at me with her soup spoon saying, "[my real chinese name here], this not time for story! This cooking time! Can't you see I making dinner? Your father around too when you small, you ask him! He not cooking! No, you ask me! I busy! I busy everyday! Everyday [my real chinese name here]! When you little, I tell you I cook you if you bother me while I cooking! You remember!? Get out of kitchen!!"

...Yes I do remember...

*sighs*

Maybe I can find a story after dinner...or after my dad stops laughing u_u

• Probably watching the Brave Little Toaster,
            which still horrifies me to this very day.

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I was a fucked up little kid. Zero social skill, did completely bizarre things that didn't even make sense to me, deeply suicidal by the age of 7.

I'll stick with adulthood, kthx.

....My daddy has a picture book hidden somewhere that we made together before I could write, where I came up with a story about the monsters under the bed and in the closet and how my daddy is the super-awesomest super-hero because he vanquishes them every night before he goes to work....

I had NO artistic ability....

I don't recall any stories offhand, I'll have to ask. But I do know there's a photo of me in the family album butt naked while playing my grandmother's piano.

Oh my.
Well.
My brother and I used to be like, buddy buddy when we were really young.
One day, around when I was 2 and he was 3, I was walking around the backyard and came to find a 1 or so foot pipe.

Totally like clueless as to what it was for, I tottled over to my brother and proceeded to beat him upside the head with it.

D:

He like ran to the door and was like "mommy! Help! Anji's crazy!" xD

He had to go to the hospital to get checked out, but was fine all in all. He came home and promptly punched me in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

I cried for like ever because I didn't know what I'd did wrong.

^_^;;

My mom loves telling me this story because ever since then, he and I have like this intense sibling rivalry thing going.

All my fault. XD

Once when I was about two or three, for no apparent reason I shoved a small rock up my nose. While that in and of itself was no big deal, the problem arose when my mom tried to get it out, which she could not.

So off we went to the emergency room, the rock still firmly lodged in my tiny little nasal cavity. Well we get there and go through all the paperwork or whatever it is you have to do when you go to the emergency room. The doctor came in and according to my mother, got the pebble out with some sort of long, special tweezers or something.

Needless to say, I don't remember a second of this, but thats the way it happened.

Anj, I have a similar story.

When I was about 5 years old and my sister was almost 2 years old, she exploited the fact I wasn't allowed to hit her. She would kick me, punch me, bite me till I bleed, and threw shit at me all the time. I would just sit there and cry because it hurt and I couldn't retaliate.

Well, my mom got sick of me crying because my sister attacked me again. The next time she bit me, my mom picked her up and bit her hard. My sister just hung there frozen, with a "OH MY GOD. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" look. My mom says that she then wailed the loudest she ever had in her life. After that, my mom told me to do to my sister what she had done to me. Talk about excited!

Since then, my sister think we're on good terms, but I'm always plotting against her to ruin her. It's like the supervillian always thwarting the stupid hero.

I did a slew of embarrassing things.

My personal favorite is when I was about four and the kittens of my mom's cat, Bighead, were very ill. One had died and I had found it. Instead of screaming or crying I picked it up by the tail, found my mother up in the living room, and in a gravely voice said, "It's dead."

dramamine213 said:
Anj, I have a similar story.

When I was about 5 years old and my sister was almost 2 years old, she exploited the fact I wasn't allowed to hit her. She would kick me, punch me, bite me till I bleed, and threw shit at me all the time. I would just sit there and cry because it hurt and I couldn't retaliate.

Well, my mom got sick of me crying because my sister attacked me again. The next time she bit me, my mom picked her up and bit her hard. My sister just hung there frozen, with a "OH MY GOD. WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" look. My mom says that she then wailed the loudest she ever had in her life. After that, my mom told me to do to my sister what she had done to me. Talk about excited!

Since then, my sister think we're on good terms, but I'm always plotting against her to ruin her. It's like the supervillian always thwarting the stupid hero.
XD
Oh the woe's of having siblings.

My mom actually did that to me because I bit a lot.

^_^;

I still bite. Ehehe.

My mom told me that I bit her once, and she too bit back. I never bit her again. xD

Let's see the little Aku was delightful- she loved costumes and refused normal clothes...she ran around the house singing the "ahhh ahha ahh" from The Little Mermaid ((Its on video)) and knew more about where babies came from and how to make them than most college students, all by age 5.

When I get home I'll see what delightful sotry my mom comes up with later...

I don't have any stories, but I got little weird quirks about me when I was little.

When I was little, I hated birthdays. Instead of celebrating, I'd cry, because that meant they were a year older, and a year closer to dying.. ^^;; My mom had to lie to me about her age for years because if she told me she was any older, I'd get upset.

I hated wearing clothes, but the only thing I would settle to wear were bathing suits. Also, I loved my cowboy hat and boots, so essentially thats all I wore... a bathing suit (apparently I had an entire wardrobe of them), cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat.

My dream career was to be a professional KIKK-er. My mom thought I said kicker, so she thought I wanted to be in karate, but there was a radio station my parents listened to called KIKK, so essentially, it meant I wanted to be a radio DJ.

I was almost kidnapped by a man claiming to be Barney. He told me he was the man in the suit and if I came with him, he'd get me on the show. Thankfully I hated Barney.

I was an easily scared kid. I thought evil leprechaun's lived under my brothers bed, so I'd freak out if I had to go into his room. My cousin had this moving and talking Winnie the Pooh doll, I thought it was possessed because I had never seen a moving and talking doll before. And whenever my aunt would bring it out for me to play with, I'd run out of the room screaming and crying. But I was brave enough to go hunting for crocodiles that I thought lived in the woods near my house.. o_O

I was obsessed with the Trojan Man jingle, "Trojan maaaaaan!"

I thought my Power Rangers pager really worked, they were just ignoring me :(

when i was five my mom and dad got married, and i was the flower girl. During the bride/groom dance i walked up to them, and they picked me up and i got to share the dance with them. It was to the Judds Love can build a bridge, to this day, i cry every time i hear that song.

By no means is this my -favorite memory-.. but my first memory...

Me and my elder sister were in our Christmas Dresses, she was six, in a green one, her blond hair all curly. Me, in my red dress, red hair everywhere and I was 4. We sat between my mother and father. And the exact thing she said was:

"I am not in love with your father anymore. I'm leaving."

At least. That's how I remember it.
It was three days after Christmas I believe.
That's my first memory...
:(

I got suspended from elementary school for trying to escape. Then the principal made me swear on some bibles I wouldn't do it again.

You cant make this shit up.

Back
Top Bottom