Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trouble is her name (PatientOne x Squee)

Squee

Planetoid
5c182dbb-9f6f-435d-b1b8-8d65c53d838a_zpssboccsot.jpg
a73eba61-a76a-4224-860b-3fe26d007047_zpsnymzgwl8.jpg
╔════════════════════╗
Mina Dreesens ▀▄▀▄▀ Alexander Relic
╚════════════════════╝
98d93c00-51f2-49a6-bf42-6b1a02858c99_zpsj8sesk4f.jpg

╔══════════════╗
Alice Walker
╚══════════════╝

RE: Witty title here (PatientOne x Squee)

Mina Dreesens was the only child, and she was treated as such. Never wanting for anything, all she had to do was mention it and she would have it. She worked hard to not let all this go to her head though. She hated those girls that walked around like the world owed them something. She made the promise to herself on a daily basis to never be like any of them. She even had a couple friends who acted just like that to remind her.

The problem was, when your father was a high level prosecuting attorney people knew who you were. Putting away a few mob bosses, and drug cartel had angered more then a few people. Multiple times they had received death threats, and more then half of them were aimed at Mina. That was when the body guards started showing up. She couldn't even get up to use the bathroom without running into them outside her door.

Knowing it wasn't just some paranoia on her fathers part, she tried to just deal with it. She couldn't help it though, they were all so stuffy, it drove her crazy. Out of the ten that had been hired so far, she chased of nine. Some only lasted a week before they couldn't handle it. Now there was a new guy, and he was closer to her own age then the others. He also knew her father, besides just having a quick interview. This time around she might find it a bit of a challenge to chase him.

Shrugging her shoulders at the thought, she grabbed a towel and a robe and headed down stairs towards the pool. Wearing only a dark blue bikini, she knew she wouldn't run into anyone besides maybe her worthless drunk of a mother. Who knew, maybe the new guy would show up early, and the games could begin. Her dark hair was pulled back with a small barrette, letting it cascade down her back. Her black flip flops echoed through the halls, as she swayed her hips towards the pool. With IPod in hand and pair of head phones, she was oblivious to most everything around her.

Alexander Relic had grown up as the eldest of three. His mother worked two jobs and was barely home after his father left. His middle brother had been killed in a drunk driving accident when Alex was sixteen and his little sister was in and out of the house ever since she was twelve and started hanging out with the wrong crowd. After his brother's death his mother had taken a turn for the worst and Alex took on the job field to help pay bills. When he turned eighteen he joined the armed forces to not only get away from the hell hole of a city he lived in, but for a stable pay check to send home for his mother and sister. Alex spent eight years in the Marines and had even gone Special Forces. He discovered he had a talent for the things that most found impossible. During his travels and missions with the Marines, that was where he met Mr. Dreesens. The man was very respectable and well rounded. He'd talk about his daughter Mina all the time when he was traveling with Alex and his unit.

The way Mr. Dreesens talked about his daughter really told Alex that he did truly love her and while yes, he spoiled the shit out of her, it wasn't to shut her up or occupy her elsewhere. He was doing it because like Alex, Mr. Dreesens didn't have an easy childhood so he wanted to make it as stress-free as possible for Mina. When Alex had gotten out of the service, he had been contacted by Mr. Dreesens with a job offer. He needed someone with special skills to protect his daughter. After he explained the situation to Alex, Alex figured that it was a job and that he'd owed the man for being so kind to him in the desert. Taking the job made Alex trade in his DCU's for a very nice and tailored black suit with a white undershirt and black tie. Classic secret service look right there. To keep it moderately professional his hair was kept short on the sides and back and styled to a loose spike up top. He shaved his facial hair out of habit mostly and made sure he was good and clean.

Showing up to Mr. Dreesens estate made him feel about an inch tall as the man had an enormous house but the welcome he got from the male was enough to remind him that the man didn't take his money for granted. Hearing the horror stories of how his daughter had chased away all of the other guards made him chuckle a bit. Alex had a hellish sister who was just NOW starting to get out of her rebellious streak and she was twenty years old. So as he walked with Mr. Dreesens to the massive pool he had out in the back of the property he explained the house security and told him his soul duty was to protect his little girl. Not his wife or him, but Mina was top priority. Nodding to him Alex shook the man's hand as they came out into the open air and he spotted a bombshell laying on a sun chair. She was wearing a two piece bathing suit, dark blue in color and giving just enough to view so that the imagination could take hold. Her hair was beautiful, well managed and even from where he stood it looked soft as a feather. She currently had in her head phones and was listening to her IPod which was fine with him till her father walked over to get her attention and inform her that the new guard was there.

Alex straightened up and sighed as he walked over and offered a polite and genuinely kind smile, extending his hand to her as his crystal blue eyes focused on hers and no where else.
"Afternoon Miss Dreesens. It's a pleasure to finally meet the woman my unit and I heard so much about."
He said as Mr. Dreesens blushed slightly as he had in fact told Alex and his men so much about her they practically knew her without meeting her.

Reaching the lounge chair, she kicked of her flip flops, not really caring which way they flew. For whatever reason she was feeling slightly annoyed today. It probably had something to do with the new babysitter. The fact that her father wouldn't allow her to get her own apartment was more then a little maddening. Mina had always dreamed of a place of her own. Some place small, and just hers. Gloria her mother didn't much care for this house now. Everything was outdated and if you took a closer look most of it was dingy.

Gloria's days were either spent sleeping during the day in her room, or at the house bar. Mina spent a lot of her time hauling her own mother back to her bed. Her father did it when he was home, but for whatever reason he seemed to just ignore the behavior. Things had been this way since Mina was four. The loss of her infant brother had been pretty hard on her mother, and she just never seemed to snap out of it. Maybe this was the excuse that her father Rick used, every time he found her passed out on the bathroom floor.

Her nanny still came to the house every now and then, she was more like a mother to the girl anyway. A life saver for Rick to be sure, if not for her he would never have become this successful.

Flopping down onto the lounge chair, she turned up the volume on the IPod. Her foot tapped along with the beat. Oblivious to her father walking out to the pool area, and to the fact he had company. Her eyes closed, she was simply enjoying the sun that beat down on her already bronzed skin. She wouldn't lay out for too long, maybe fifteen minutes before jumping into the pool. The pool area looked more like a tropical oasis. Even the bottom had sand at the bottom and a bio filter kept everything fresh and clean. Small palm trees surrounded almost everything. If one didn't know better they would think they were in some hidden tropical pond.

By chance Mina opened her eyes a little. They suddenly opened a little wider, when she realized he was trying to talk to her. Yanking the head phones down she smiled sweetly. Blinking quickly as her attention slid to the guest. Immediately she could tell this was the new baby sitter. It was suit that gave it away first, then the hair. Ex military, these guys were fun, all serious and stuffy.

Her own eyes a much darker shade of blue, focused on his as well. Taking the offered hand, she let him help her stand. Well it was more..force him to help her stand, she was sure he just wanted a hand shake. "Daddy, I didn't think our guest was going to show up until much later," she pretended to chastise him. Speaking now to her new body guard, "I am sure he had a lot to say about me. I bet it was all horrid too," she smiled a little.

"Mina this is Mr. Relic, I know I don't need to remind you to show some respect," it wasn't posed as a question. While his daughter never really fessed up to chasing off the others, he knew full well what happened. "I will leave you to get to know one another, I have a few phone calls to make before dinner." Leaning in his kissed her forehead gently, whispering hopefully low enough that Alex wouldn't hear. "Don't chase this one off please, it just gets harder to find someone each time." With a smile and a nod, he headed towards his office.

Leaning over slightly she took hold of her white silk robe. "So...you're the new guy," slipping her arms into the sleeves, she left it open. Going in search of her stray flip flop. "What horror stories have you been told so far," she asked glancing back at him with a mischievous smile.

As her hand wrapped into his he felt her pull on him so he braced his feet and helped her up, nothing new there, he'd been used as an anchor before at the most random of times and his reaction time was above the average Joe. So he adjusted quickly and removed his hand from hers once she was up on her feet. The moment she spoke a slow smile spread across his lips as he shook his head and sighed inwardly. Right out of the gate huh? Well two could play at this game. There was a small bit of information that her father had relayed to him that she seemed to be unaware of and he had a feeling it was because he knew her father so well that he trusted him enough to be able to do this. None of the other guards had been permitted to defend themselves or be too harsh with her simply because she was the Principle. In Guard terms, that meant they were the one you were most lenient with. Alex had been a huge factor in his sisters reformation from rebellious punk kid to a well respected young adult simply because he didn't take any of her shit and he fought back. Nothing was different here.

So as her father spoke with her Alex pretended not to notice and didn't say a word about her comment till her father had left for his own business. The moment the male was out of both eye and ear shot he saw her reach for her robe and as she spoke there was a bit of a sarcastic tone to her voice and the smile she gave him was one that told him she was already diving head first into being a mischievous little shit. So, Alex smiled as he turned towards her and let her see his own mischievous smile as well as a sharp look in his eyes.

"Nothing I can't handle. I've heard how you chased off the other nine guards. However what you haven't heard and I had the privilege of hearing was that while you are my Principle, I am here to protect you by order of your father. He is the one whom hired me and he is the one paying me. That and he's a dear friend who has saved my life and many of my men's as well. This being said, if anything you do makes protecting you even the slightest bit difficult, I've been given full authority to change your mind...even if it's by force. As long as there are no long lasting affects. Which their won't be. You may be pretty pissed off for a while but that's your own problem, not mine."

He said as he gave her a smile and just gave her a piece of information that let her know he was not going to be putting up with her shit like the others did.
"Oh, and you can drop the kind and polite act. I know you don't like me here or want me here. I don't blame you, but again. I'm not here for you. I'm here for your father. He's a friend and I trust the man. Make my job easy and don't be a spoiled brat. We'll get along great. Make my job difficult, you'll be using a lot of ice packs. Simple right?"

He said as he smiled a sly smile and suddenly his eyes shifted to a slightly pained look as he saw Rick talking to as well as helping his wife up the stairs while holding a bucket under her as she was obviously too drunk to do so on her own. Poor guy. He'd been stationed with their unit when his son had died. It beat him up pretty badly. His wife would have been able to pull through the loss...but the major factor was that he wasn't home to help her. He'd been thousands of miles away. That was what really dropped her into the shitter. Looking back at Mina he got a better understanding on why she was how she was. Other than Rick and probably a nanny, she had no real second parent. Neither did he but at least she knew her second parent. Alex never even met his father. Pulling out his blue tooth head set he pressed it into his ear as he'd be expecting a call here soon.

He'd literally gotten off of the plane and poof, got the job. He hadn't been able to see his own family yet and thank god Rick was a sweet guy as he told his mother and sister where to come and meet him at, which was the house, so he could see them. He hadn't seen them in over three years so they were itching to see him.
"Also, here in about an hour, you won't need to worry about me being glued to your ass. I'm expecting company, though I can promise you that if you're even remotely rude to this company, you'll see my bad side very quickly."
He said as he let a hint of aggression creep into his voice. Family and loved ones were high on his list of those to be treasured and he'd be damned if he let her be a bitch to them.

The smile was a little hard to miss, but it kind of excited her. The challenge he was going to present was great. The fun she would have with this guy, was going to be worth everything he dished out to her. "I wouldn't say I chased them off, they just couldn't handle it." Slipping her foot into the flip flop she turned to face him fully. Tilting her hip slightly as he spoke. Informing her he was given a few more liberties then the others had.

So they wanted to play that game did they? Well she wasn't about to back down. If she was going to be forced to deal with someone following her every movement, she was going to have fun in the process. The idea of "changing her mind by force" didn't really sound appealing.

Mina was a little concerned that he thought her politeness was an act. She could be a very nice person, and she really was pretending at this point. The way she saw it was, if he wanted her to stop she was more then happy to oblige. She could be rude, and a bigger pain in the ass then necessary. "I will tell you I am not a spoiled brat, and it would do you good to remember that. I just get bored easily."

When Mina began making her way back towards the house she stopped almost dead. Watching with a frown as her father once again lead her mother up the stairs. She glanced at Alex to see his reaction, but quickly looked away. He was watching it all happen, obviously disgusted by what he saw. All the excitement from the last few minutes disappeared and she became serious. Stuffing the IPod into the pocket of her robe. He would soon learn this was a daily occurrence, just as everyone who came into this house had. You could either over look it, or dwell on it. She hoped he would decide to just over look it.

When he informed her that he had company arriving, she was a little intrigued. That intrigue quickly changed to pure annoyance though. Giving him a slight glare, "look I don't know who you have been talking to. I am sure whatever was said wasn't good. I can assure you that if they said I was an all out bitch, they were exaggerating a lot." She hoped he could hear the slight anger in her voice. For him to just assume that she would treat anyone with out due respect was appealing.

"I might be a pain in the ass, but it was always in good taste. I never once talked down to anyone of the men my father has hired." There was a huge difference between having to search for her in a dark and loud night club, and her just acting like a spoiled bitch. If this guy expected her to just sit in this house and make his job a cake walk he had another thing coming. "I do have manners Mr. Relic, and I was also taught common decency." Closing the robe around herself, she tied the sash around her waist. "My suggestion is for you to rethink the approach you need to take in this job. Acting like an asshole will get you no further then out the door I can assure you of that."

Alex watched her as she stormed off and smirked a bit. So the asshole approach really seemed to test her nerves eh? Good to know. He knew she had been brought up right, his ass hole approach was simply testing the waters, finding her hot buttons and what she could and could not tolerate. Sighing a bit he felt his phone buzz and pushed the small button on his blue tooth as he made his way into the house right as Rick was coming back down.
"Hey mom. You're here? Okay. Rick and I are coming out to meet you."
He said as he hung up the phone and straightened his tie. Rick laughed as he walked over and fixed Alex's tie as well as the collar of his shirt.
"Ya look fine boy. Go and see your mom."
Alex smiled and nodded as he all but ran out of the door. Adult or not, he loved his mother more than his own life and it showed. As he all but jumped down the three steps. A very attractive woman jumped out of her car and was lifted into the air as Alex wrapped his arms around her.

She was roughly early fifties but didn't look it. She kept herself healthy by eating right and exercising regularly. Her mother daughter bonding time was going on runs or doing marathon's with her daughter Emily. Emily came out of the car looking a bit awkward as she fixed her dress. It was a black and red dress and her hair was straight down. The same dirty blonde that Alex had, but longer and much more well kept. Alex kissed his mother's cheek as she cried about not seeing him in so long and giggling about how big he'd gotten. Classic mother responses. Emily was tearing up as she walked over. Alex set his mother down just as his sister slammed into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. She'd lost one brother early on and with Alex being in so much danger, it was most of the reason as to why she was such a pain in the ass.

Rick stayed back and looked into the house to see where his daughter was. He didn't see her so he assumed she was in her room. Her room had a direct view of the reunion so if she was choosing to look from there so be it. This was Alex's time. He'd done Rick a huge favor coming so soon without seeing his family. The least Rick could do was just bring his family here. As Alex calmed his sister down his mother, Theresa, walked over and gave Rick a hug thanking him. She then looked back at her two children and smiled.
"Thank you so much Rick. It's good to see them together again."
"It's my pleasure. He did me a huge favor coming here."
"Yeah, I heard about your daughter. Is she here? I'd like to meet her."
That made Alex's head spin around as he looked at Rick who just played off the look and smiled.

"She is. One second."
Walking into the house he walked up to Mina's room and knocked on the door. When it was opened he offered a smile that was silently telling her to be nice.
"Alex's mother would like to meet you. She's heard a lot about you and asked to meet you. She's a sweet woman. Alex's sister and mother will be joining us for dinner since he got off the plane and came straight here. They haven't seen him in over six years so I offered to let them see him today."

She was angry sure, but she wasn't the kind to just throw a tantrum in her room. She was an adult after all, only teenagers did crap like that. While she had stormed off to her own room, it wasn't to hide out. Mina just didn't think it would be a good first impression to meet the guys guests in a bikini and flip flops. Yanking the robe off she threw it on her bed. That was all the tantrum she would throw on the subject. A harmless act that hurt nothing and no one.

Pulling a pair of shorts from her dresser, she pair them with a simple lilac colored tank top. She had been told many times that the pale colors looked great against her bronzed skin tone. Stepping into her bathroom, she pulled her hair up into a sloppy looking pony tail, even up her hair came almost to the center of her back. Slapping on a little foundation and light coat of lip gloss she was almost ready.

The scene downstairs was unknown to her, as she wasn't present. She probably would have been a little quicker if she knew they were hear already. She was just pulling out a pair of wedge heels, when she heard the knock on the door. Opening the door she was once again brought to annoyance. It seemed her own father believed all the stupid horror stories those assholes told him. He of all people should know how she was raised, he had done a good portion of it.

Rolling her eyes she stepped pass him and closed the door. "Wow, it just really surprises me what you all think of me." This conversation would have to happen later. Causing a scene right now wouldn't benefit anyone, least of all her. She would need to think on how to approach the subject properly, without anyone getting angry. For now she would just be her normal self. Greet these people like she would any other person. After all it wasn't them that would be a hinder on any life she hoped to have.

Choosing not to say another word about it, she walked down the stairs. She had already assumed that who ever Alex had coming over would be staying for dinner. The cook more then likely already had the heads up and everything would be underway. Almost bouncing down the large stair case, she saw the small family at the bottom. With a smile she extended her hand to the woman she assumed was his mother. "Welcome to our home, I am Mina," she flashed a quick smile in Alex's direction. Showing him that he was completely wrong about her.

Playing hostess was a specialty really. It seemed during the warmer months the house was a lot busier. Rick liked to entertain when ever possible. That normally left the preparations up to Mina. He didn't really have much of a talent in decorations or anything involved in party planning. Mina of course was always happy to take the job. "Now I can't even begin to tell you what Mrs. Evans has planned for dinner, but I can promise you won't leave hungry."

Alex was about to glance her way when Emily touched his side which made him jerk and tense. His mother, being a mother, immediately grabbed his suit coat and yanked his shirt up revealing a bandage wrapping his side and a blood stain on the bandage. She gasped a bit and smacked Alex's shoulder.
"What the hell? You're injured and working?"
"It was just a nick ma. Nothing to worry about. Caught some shrapnel on the way to the plane."
Rick was even annoyed at this.
"Alex really? Why didn't you tell me you were hurt?"
"I'm not hurt guys seriously. I've had worse trust me...never-mind."

His mom threw a shit fit when he said he'd had worse and began asking for bandages. Sitting him in a chair he sighed and just looked at Emily who was giggling and giving him an apologetic smile as he let his mother deal with his wound. Pulling the old bandage off the wound was nicely sewn together but it was a bit sloppy too.
"Who did this?"
"Me. Didn't have time to ask for a medic."
His mom smacked the back of his head lightly then began to wipe it with a peroxide drenched rag which felt awesome. Hissing a bit he sighed as his mother and Rick both tended to the wound. As they did there were signs of other scar's on his mid section which his mother chose to ignore for that moment. Emily busied herself with talking to Mina. She was surprisingly mature for her age and had seen her fair share of shit.

Once he was all put back together he tucked his shirt in and adjusted his suit before sighing.
"There, all better. Now, can we move past that?"
He asked as he was clearly annoyed at being babied. He'd been so bad he'd barely been recognizable and his men had just slapped his arm and told him to watch where he was going next time. That was the kind of worry he'd been used to, this was almost suffocating. Still, his mother resumed asking him what it was like over there, what he was going to be doing now and even shooting questions to Mina. Mainly about what she was up to, what her goals were in the long haul and all that fun stuff. When it came time for dinner, Alex pulled his phone from his pocket and looked at a text. His team had made it home safely and Raven had seen Geek's family to let pay their respects.

Pocketing his phone he sighed a bit as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. Geek had been their intel guy and was the life of the party so to speak. He'd been shot in the neck on their last mission and had been killed. It hit the team pretty hard and that's why they were all sent home. Alex got out of the Marine's while his team just took a well needed leave.
"Everything okay?"
Emily asked quietly as to not make his mother aware as she was deep in conversation with Rick. Alex gave a very fake and forced smile.
"Peachy. Just a small update. Nothing to worry about."
"You're lying."
"For good reason Em."
With that he took a sip of his water and glanced at Mina.

Before any sort of conversation could really begin, the attention was turned to Alex. For a moment she wasn't quite sure what was happening. One minute they were about to head to the family room to talk and get to know one another. The next his mother was trying to yank his clothes up. Mina just sort of froze for a minute, trying to catch up to the events. While it didn't look great that he was all bandaged, he also didn't seem like he was too worried about.

The ones freaking out were his family, and her father. Like they had never seen an injured person before in their life. Mina was about to defend him, but thought better of it. She smiled a little at the sight of his discomfort. It didn't look like he was in physical pain of course, she would have been worried if that was the case. No he looked more like his pride was being poked and prodded. His mother fawning over him like a child who just skinned his knee. She found a strange sense of satisfaction in this.

Mina tried to focus on what Emily was saying. Somehow she was able to get all the right responses out. She would continue to glace in Alex's direction. Smiling with satisfaction as his cheeks changed colors constantly. First pink, then red, then back to normal, only to flame up once again. It was all she could do to not giggle at the sight of it. Maybe she should have been showing a bit more concern for his well being, but she was sure he was fine. He insisted he was anyway, and why shouldn't she believe him. She would have to bring it up later though. Her father was genuinely upset, that Alex kept that bit of information from him.

Rick was an easy person to get along with. Once you had his trust, you had to work to keep it. What Alex did in keeping info from him, could injure the relationship between the two. Mina would have to bring that up at some point, if he wanted to keep this job.

When his mother was free and done being a mother, Mina busied herself with talking to the woman. As the conversations wore on, eventually it was time for dinner. Mina left her father in the dust, leading Ms. Relic to the dinning room. Secretly hoping that her own mother would once again fail to make an appearance. So far so good, hopefully her father gave her a sleeping pill to keep her in bed.

Every once in while she would glace over at Alex. He was busy with his phone. A little rude if you asked Mina, but Rick did it all the time. She was laughing at what ever his mother was telling her. Some story of when he was a kid. Mother's pulled this crap all the time.

Dinner was served almost the moment everyone was seated. Mrs. Evan's was apparently trying to impress. She served yellow tail, with a white sauce drizzled over the top. Plump seared scallops, and a baby greens salad. Most of the time dinner was pretty simple. Chicken casserole and biscuits or something similar.

Alex sat at the table and sighed a bit as Emily was sitting there chatting away. Not that bad really. He'd noticed how Rick kept smiling at him which made him a tad uncomfortable and it wasn't till Rick's phone rang that Alex knew why. Rick answered the phone then put it on speaker and a deep bellowing voice rang out.
"Hey Dick face! You couldn't call or text to let us know you made it home?!"
Alex sighed and rubbed his face a bit.
"Rave. My mother and sister are here and you're on speaker."
"Fuck...I mean..Erm. Ma'am. Miss. My bad."
"Smooth Raven."
"Fu...shut up Reap. So ya'll having a good time?"

Rick answered as Alex was using both hands to rub his face.
"Yes sir. How's the team?"
"We're good. Chillin' at a bar and drinkin' one for Geek."
Both Alex and Rick got quiet for a moment then Rick smiled.
"Good. Tell everyone I said hi. We have to eat now."
"Will do Boss man. Reap. You take it easy alright brother?"
"Will do."
When the phone hung up Emily turned to Alex.
"Reap?"

Rick smiled.
"Reaper. He got the name when he ran out of ammo in his rifle. All your brother had left was his machete and he took down a five man assault team with just his blade. So the team called him Reaper."
"It was a four man team. Ace took out their sniper. It wasn't that impressive. They were all pretty close to one another and I'm honestly astounded I didn't get turned into swiss cheese. It was a desperate move really."
"Always down playing your achievements Alex. It was damn impressive and you saved a lot of lives. Deal with it."
Alex just chuckled and shrugged it off while Emily now had new things to talk about. Mainly involving his combat and what he was capable of. Both things he wasn't willing to chat about with his baby sister. Though it did give a small insight for Mina on just how talented and deadly Alex really could be. Close together or not, taking down four armed men with a blade was a feat on it's own.

When supper was over, after Emily devoured her food like it would disappear if she didn't eat fast enough, his mother and sister said their goodbye's, gave hugs and kisses to Alex then left. Alex waved them off then dropped his hand and sighed heavily as he loosened his tie. Ugh, that was embarrassing on too many levels. Looking back he had a small chat with Rick about him hiding his wound. The man was disappointed but Alex told him that given the importance of the situation and the enemy he was facing, Alex handled his injury so it wasn't impeding his work then headed over. Rick told him to tell him next time he was hurt and Alex promised. Scout's honor. Which made Rick laugh a bit. Alex then walked over to Mina as he was taking his tie off for the night, about to head to the room Rick had given him. Stopping in front of her he nodded.

"Thanks for being nice to them. Emily especially. I wasn't around much so she's shy around others. She warmed up to you easy enough so it was nice to see her so open."
Alex loved his sister so he could set aside his own discomfort if she was happy.

Both Mina and Rick kept a conversation with Theresa. They both knew they should let Alex and his mother catch up, but they just couldn't help the exchanging of stories. Mina told her of the plans she once had, that had basically been ruined. Rick of course defended himself by saying he had no choice in the matter. This she didn't believe for a moment. It would be just as easy to send a babysitter with her. His real reason was, he didn't want to lose what little contact he had with his daughter. She hoped that over time she could change his mind, maybe if she could prove that things were nearly as dangerous as he thought they were.

Mina noticed the sly smile on her fathers face every time he glanced at his phone and then to Alex. Knowing the look all to well, she knew he had something up his sleeve. This was the same look he got when he found a good piece of information on a person he was trying to put in prison. The smile held a hint of confidence, pride, and trouble. While she was certain he wasn't waiting for any damning evidence on Alex, she was more then curious.

It wasn't until five minutes had passed of him doing this, that everyone would know the reason. Rick's phone rang, this was nothing new, but he seemed excited about this phone call. A hushed conversation took place, before he set the phone on the tables surface. Putting it on speaker, there was an immediate voice booming from the other end.

She had just taken a sip of wine. Nearly choking on it when the rude words echoed through the room. Mina coughed a little, her hand against her chest. Maybe her father should have said something before hand. Like everyone else, she sat listening to the conversation between the two. Once again she was satisfied to see him suffering from embarrassment. It made him look human after all, she could use all this later to her advantage. Leaning back in her seat, she made quick comments to both Theresa and Emily. Both woman laughed a little at what she said, maybe she would tell him what they were talking about later.

After the phone call ended, dinner continued on with more stories. Theresa had plenty of embarrassing ones of Alex. Mina was a little saddened that her own father didn't have any of her. She always knew why he had to be gone so long and so many times. She just always thought it would have been nice to have him home more. Greta her nanny on the other hand would have so many to share. Mina was glad she wasn't here right now.

All three walked the woman to the door when dinner was over. Saying a quick goodbye, both Rick and Mina thought it good to give Alex a few minutes with his family alone. Pouring another glass of wine, Mina walked to the door leading out to the pool. The area was lit beautifully. She leaned against the door frame, watching the lights dance on the water. Hearing Alex approach, she turned herself to face him full on.

He seemed genuinely surprised about the way she treated his family. He would learn soon enough. She wondered which ex babysitter had gotten to him. Frank hated her the most, called her spoiled bitch on multiple occasions. That was what got him fired, saying it within ear shot of Rick. "Your family is welcome here anytime," she took a sip of the wine. "You will be living here after all. Mi casa es tu casa." Pushing herself from the door frame, she placed her glass on a small table. "I think I am ready for bed, Mr. Relic. I will see you in the morning." She began walking up the stairs her hips swaying gently. Stopping on the fifth step she turned. "Oh I don't know how much of the house he showed you, my room is two doors down from yours though. Gotta keep you close by and in ear shot after all." Smiling, she gave him a little wink and continued up the stairs.

Alex watched her as she walked and caught that little sway to her hips and while under any other circumstances, he'd have watched, but now he was way too mentally drained to care. So he just nodded to the area his room was in and walked back to the main security room. He did a quick check of the property then headed to his own room. He was careful with his shower that night as well as drying off. Sleeping wasn't hard. He'd been sleeping in a tent for a whole year so sleeping in a huge sinfully comfortable bed was a welcomed change. When morning came though, he was back to his usual self. He did a little pre work out in his room. Just a few push ups and sit ups to get his muscles to wake up before he stretched and dressed in a new suit. This time his undershirt was black and his tie was an ivory shade color.

When he walked down stairs he was met by Rick who looked like he was heading off to a meeting of some kind. It was still early in the morning.
"Oh and Alex. I think Mina may be having some friends over. They just kind of show up on their own. Just as a heads up."
Oh goody. More girls. Nodding he waved the male off and sighed as he headed to the security room making his rounds. He then went and had a chat with the chef. She was a sweet woman who loved cooking. Alex smiled and rather enjoyed the conversation. She seemed shocked that all he ate were MRE's for the last few months. Which made her want to plump him up with good food. He just chuckled at this and told her that on occasion he'd try new foods. After having a rather filling breakfast he headed towards the main area of the house and sat on a chair by the steps. Reaching into his suit coat he pulled out a pistol and jacked the slide back. Catching the round that ejected out he dropped the magazine out and checked his gun for cleanliness. Not that he needed to, he just did this when he was bored.

Blowing into the gun to clear any loose dust fibers he set the gun in his lap and put the ejected round back into the magazine. He then slapped the magazine into the gun and flipped the slide release as the slide cracked back into place and chambered the round. Making sure the safety was on he holstered the gun once more then reached for his belt and drew a Recon Tanto combat blade. This blade had served him well in the sand box and he carried it with him regardless of where he went. It was scratched up a bit but the razor edge was still sharp as a scalpel due to him taking meticulous care of it. Running his hand along the blade he remembered every time he had to use it and smirked a bit. This blade had bailed him out of more problems then his rifle or his side arm. He preferred blades as they were much more personal.

Sighing a bit he looked at the steps as he heard a door upstairs open and close. Sheathing the blade and hiding it once more he sat on the chair and simply waited for his Principle to make her way down the stairs. He hoped to God the other girls didn't come but he had a sneaking feeling, that hope was going to be shattered.

Mina had always found that sleep eluded her. A couple hours would pass before she woke up. Staying up for an hour she would sleep another two. It was mostly because she had to check down stairs or other random places for her mother. Last night was no different, she found the woman simply staring at an unopened bottle of wine. The meds she was given impaired her abilities that much was clear. Leading her back up stairs and into bed, she went back to her own.

When she finally got back to sleep, morning came just a little too early. Shoving at the heavy blankets, she sprawled on the bed for a few minutes. Staring out the balcony doors as the sun came up. With a groan she hauled herself out of bed and to the shower. Throwing on a black skirt, dark purple halter top, and a pair of knee high boots, she was ready for the day.

Alice was suppose to come by at some point, and the girl was normally punctual. They had been friends since pre-school, and though they were as different as night and day, they were still very close. Snagging her IPod, an item you almost never saw her without. Closing the door behind her, she headed down stairs to Mrs. Evans. French toast and hash browns would be on the mornings menu for Mina.

The heels of her boots clicking along the floor, in time to the music playing in her ears. Skipping down the stairs she was just about walked right pass Alex. Coming to a quick stop she tilted her head a little to one side before removing the heads phones. "An early riser I see, hhmmm," she wanted him to think there was something behind her comment. "Anyway, my friend Alice is coming over today, maybe a couple other people." Letting the head phones hang around her neck she continued. "Please don't be all weird and stuffy like the others, it creeps my friends out."

She actually wasn't trying to be rude, just merely stating a fact and asking a favor. With a slight wink she replaced the headphones and continued on her path to the kitchen. Talking with Mrs. Evans and eating her breakfast, Mina always enjoyed her mornings with the woman. When breakfast was done, she helped to clear the dishes. The clock on the wall told her Alice should be showing up in just a few minutes. As always she walked to the front door and opened it. A sign for her friend to just walk in. Headphones and music made it a little hard to hear the doorbell.

Alex looked up at her as he stood up and checked his watch. He then lifted his eyes to hers and shrugged.
"My job is to protect you. Your friends aren't my concern. They're just extra bodies around me. Also, while you're here in your house, I won't be in your bubble. This is a safe zone till proven otherwise."
He said as she popped her headphones back in after a slight wink. Her winks were pretty frequent which meant he didn't really know what they were for at the moment. Shrugging that off he simply went into the security room and sat himself down in the computer chair and flicked through the images on the screens as well as making himself up to date on the newest systems and how they worked.

While he was in there he would occasionally check on Mina through various cameras, just seeing where she was. Other than her room and the bathrooms, every spot in that house had a camera in it, if not more. About an hour had gone by when Alex noticed a blonde female and a few others walking towards the front door which was conveniently left open. Raising an eyebrow he turned the volume up on the camera feeds and listened to the chatter. Useless shit really till the blonde mentioned her new guard and what he was like. She asked if he was an old fart like the others and if he took orders well. Oh great, stuck up to no end. That would be fun. Still, she wasn't his concern. Mina was his main and only focus in this house, no one else.

He wasn't one to make himself known unless he needed to be and as the blonde began to wander about calling for him by calling him 'guard' he simply ignored her and locked the security room door so she didn't just barge on in. That was likely a good way to get herself shot. Instead he simply watched Mina through the camera feed. Should she request his presence, he'd have to go. He doubted she would but, one could never be sure. Even through the camera feed, he could see this little mischievous smile on her lips which told him she was up to no good. That same smile that Rick was so found of sporting.

As she had predicted, Alice showed up right on time. Walking through the front door like she belonged there, and she sort of did. In tow she had Judy and David. They both followed Alice around like lost puppies. Mina found it annoying, both seemed as smart as a box a rocks put together a lot of the time. Sometimes they were fun though, mainly when you could easily confuse them. Hugging her best friend she pulled the head phones down again.

Mina also predicted her friends curiosity of the new babysitter. She never was one to keep her nose out of other business. You got the feeling, she thought she was entitled to all information. "He is actually a lot younger then the others. I would say mid 20's, not entirely sure though." She would have to ask him later. "He seems to follow my dad's order very well. Why what are you getting at Alice?"

Chasing her friend around the house as she searched for Alex. "Come on Al, he is nowhere to be seen lets just keep it that way." Looking to the two silent followers, "Judy and David don't want to wander around my house looking anyway." With a huff Alice gave up for the moment. "Fine but I want to meet him before I leave today, or I just won't leave at all." Rolling her eyes, at least she got her off the task for the moment. "Agreed, later when you are ready to leave," it would be kind of interesting to see what he thought of Alice anyway. Maybe she could do the job of terrorizing him for her.

Moving to the family room, Mina plugged in the IPod. Turning the volume up a little, they sat around the bar for a few minutes. Talking and catching up, though they had just spoken two days ago. After a while they set up a game of pool. Mina thought she was a pretty good shot, Alice on the other hand thought she was great. Playing in pairs, Mina got David as a partner. Letting him break, he sank a ball meaning it was now her turn to shoot. Leaning over the table, the black skirt sliding up just a little bit. She aimed for the right side pocket and missed.

The day wore on, with more games being played mixed with a bit of dancing around. After lunch David and Judy had to leave. When it was just the two girls, they went to sit by the pool. "Ok, I can't wait anymore. I want to meet this guard of yours." Hoping this wouldn't be brought up for a while longer, Mina sighed. "Fine, I will go find him," she glared at her friend briefly. "Just stay here, I will be right back." Getting to her feet, she went immediately tot he security room. That was where they all hung out, an easy way to spy on her every movement.

Knocking on the door, "Mr. Relic, my friend is insisting on meeting you. I'm afraid she won't leave until she has her way." Leaning her forehead against the door she waited for him to answer.

Alex watched here and there, glancing at the screen to just keep an eye on the group of 'kids' while he read over a newspaper and sent a few texts to Vixen, an old friend and fellow soldier. She was British Special operations, mainly intel but she was a damn good soldier to have in a fist fight. Woman could move in ways most thought impossible. When he saw that they had moved to the pool, he heard the order from the blonde and sighed as he rolled his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose. By now he'd taken his suit jacket off which showed his side arm and his knife. He also had a few smaller knives at the small of his back, sheathed on his belt. Sitting up out of the chair at the knock he looked back at his coat and shrugged. It was pretty warm outside. His dress shirt gripped his thick arms nicely and his chest. The abdomen area was a bit loose letting the viewer know that he was tight muscle under there and not flab.

Opening the door he looked at her as he rubbed his face.
"It's Alex. I'm not old enough to be called Mr. just yet."
He said as he rolled his neck a bit then followed Mina out to the pool side. He kept his hands at his sides and stopped about ten feet from the blonde as he suddenly felt like a raw slab of meat in a lion cage. Her eyes raked over him in a way that gave him the chills but seeing that smile made him groan inwardly. This woman was going to be a hassle and he had a feeling 'no' wasn't a word she was accustomed to. Well, things change.

When she stood up and reached a hand out his hand shot up and locked onto her wrist.
"You don't need your hands to look. Touching is not permitted. Ever."
He said in a stern tone as he released her hand and despite him blatantly not allowing her to touch him, she seemed amused or entertained. Oh boy. He had a feeling he could slap her in the face and she'd come back for more. He hated women like this. Glancing at Mina he tried to silently tell her he was about ready to drown this woman rather than be polite to her. Instead he simply nodded.
"I'm the new guard. Just call me Relic."
He was mentally hoping Mina didn't catch how he'd only told the blonde his last name but gave her permission to use his first name. He doubted she'd miss it though.

First she thought he might just ignore her, he didn't even answer her through the door. Her forehead was still pressed gently against the door when it suddenly opened. Mina was quick though, barely managing to keep from face planting into his chest. 'Crap, that was close' she thought to herself. "Fine Alex," she really couldn't help it. She just felt the need to poke at him. "Only when you are not acting stuffy though," she stuck her tongue out childishly. Then wondered why she had done it. Was she seriously flirting with him right now?

Happy that he was agreeing to meet her pain in the ass friend, Mina lead the way. Sure enough Alice was resting back on her elbows on a lounge chair when they returned. "Aaahhh, yeeeah, this is Alice," what was this girl after exactly. She never presented herself to the others this way. Shrugging it off as just another strange quirk of her friend. Leaving space for the two to shake hands or something. The sooner this was over, the better.

Alice on the other hand, thought if the guy was young enough she could flirt with guy. Not like she would really give him much of a chance, he probably wasn't even attractive in the least. Chubby, sweaty, and dorky is what she had in mind. What came around the corner however was....well it was wow. Keeping her cool as they entered the pool area, she sat up slowly. Maybe she would give him a chance after all.

Getting to her feet she came closer, her hand reaching out to touch the toned arms he flaunted before her. Gasping in surprise when his hand latched onto her wrist. "You can touch me whenever you like," she said with a smile. This was not the end by any means. She would touch that body if it was the last thing she did. "I promise I don't bite hard, you might like it."

The look on Mina's face would shift from boredom to sheer awe. Alice was laying it on thick. What the hell was the girl doing? This was her hired guard, was she seriously trying to get him in bed right now?

Alice wasn't done, she tried once more to at least run a finger over his tight stomach. "I could make you a very happy man," if he didn't know what her thoughts were he was an idiot. Without so many words, she was inviting him back to her place for a good time....on her.

Mina hadn't missed the silent conversation Alex was trying to have with her. She was once again enjoying his discomfort for a moment though. As she continued to watch her friend though, it was actually starting to annoy her. Right now, she just really wanted her best friend to leave. "Alice come on, lay off will you? He isn't up for sale so you don't need to sample the merchandise." Taking her friends other wrist, she began leading her back towards the bar. "Lets have a drink shall we," she sure could use one right then anyhow.

Dark blue eyes searched him out quickly, checking to see if he was following. "You want a drink...." she looked to Alice quickly "Mr. Relic." She didn't want to let her friend know the liberties she had been granted with his first name. "One wouldn't hurt right?" It would be obvious she was feeling uncomfortable with the situation. Her attention would quickly change between the two.

Alex's eyes narrowed to slits as the blonde kept pushing. While most guards didn't have a personal bubble, Alex did and he wasn't fond of people pushing into it. When she went for a second reach Alex backed up with a quick step and slapped her hand away, his hand connecting to hers with a sharp crack.
"What part of no touching aren't you clear on? I'm not sure who or what you hang around with but the only one I take orders from is Mr. Dreesens and his daughter. You're not on that list and until you are, you're just another person taking up space in this house. As for making me a happy man, I doubt that. Besides, you're not my type. I prefer women that don't throw themselves at the nearest dick to them."
He said in a disgusted tone. What he'd forgotten about was that he'd been talking to Vixen via face time and she'd been listening to all of this through his chest pocket.

A feminine voice rang out from his chest pocket and it sounded less than amused.
"Tell the bitch to lay off. Sorry hun, throwing a hot dog down a hall way isn't his thing."
Alex winced as he plucked his phone from his breast pocket and showed a stunning raven haired woman with piercing grey eyes. She didn't have any make up on simply because she didn't need it. She was sitting in a computer chair wearing a pair of black yoga pants and a black tank top. Her hair was shoulder length and very well kept. Vixen's eyes landed on Mina and her thick British accent carried through the phone.
"But she's cute. Damn Reap. You've got your hands full mate."
"Yeah, thank you for the update Vix. I'll talk to ya later okay?"
"Sure thing."
With that he closed the window to face chat and looked at Mina as she offered a drink.

While he really didn't want to be around this blonde bimbo any longer he nodded. He could use a stiff drink.
"Yeah. Southern Comfort if you have it."
It was a sweeter whiskey that he'd come to really enjoy. Following them to the bar he found a bottle and thanked the god above. Pouring himself a shot first he threw it back and smiled as he felt that burn as the air felt like it was ripped from his lungs. Oh that hit the spot. Pouring himself another glass he added two ice cubes so it wasn't straight whiskey now and stepped a good ten feet from Alice. It was plain as day that he didn't like her. As he leaned against the wall he rested the back of his head against the wall and closed his eyes for a split second. When he opened them Alice was right in his bubble which made him jerk back a bit and smack his head into the wall.

"Seriously? I have a bubble. Get out of it before I remove you."
He growled as he rubbed the back of his head. She moved surprisingly fast and her hand planted onto his stomach which made him tense like a board. His abs bunched up at the contact and that seemed to be a highlight for Alice as her eyes shot to where her hand was. Alex's cup was on the bar and he soon had Alice's hand wrenched behind her, bent over the bar as he had his other hand planting her cheek into the bar. Growling a bit he shoved her away from him.
"Fucking hell. You really don't understand English do you? Do that again and I'll serve you a bullet."
He said as he fixed his tie and shot a glare at Mina. Oh he'd make her pay for this later. Leaving his cup where it was he turned and left the area before he killed someone.

Alice didn't give up easily, hell she didn't even give up hard. When she wanted something, she did her damnedest to get it. Alex was no different, she wanted him, so she was determined to have him. Unaware of the audience they had, she kept up her act. Trying to touch him, entice him. Pouting slight when he slapped her hand away.

Mina was helpless, which meant so was Alex sadly. If the girl wouldn't listen to her own friend what chance did he have of changing her mind. The sudden surprise of a voice coming from his pocket surprised even Alice though. A hand flew to Mina's mouth to keep from laughing out. The look on her friends face was priceless.

Completely dejected at the moment, the blonde girl actually took a couple steps back. Folding her arms over her chest in a genuine child like pout. Her attention flashed to Mina, her own best friend was laughing at her expense. "I'm sure you would know plenty about hot dogs in hallways hun," she said in retort to the girl on the phone. If the little twit thought she had a chance with Relic she could think again. Alice had the advantage, he was here with her right now. The girl was great at self delusions.

After the phone call the group moved onto the bar. Mina was still satisfied with the phone girls comment. Managing to keep Alice from see the huge smile on her face. "Ppfftt, we seriously have everything Alex." Stepping behind the bar, she chose something a little lighter for her and Alice. Not really looking to get either of them all out drunk after all. He poured his own, and Mina was busy making two drinks for herself and her friend.

The next events seemed to happen in just the few moments she was occupied. All she knew was Alex was pissed, and Alice had her face shoved onto the bars surface. "Woah hey, what the hell...." Mina stopped what she was doing and walked back around the bar. Before she could even reach them he was already storming off. "Wait don't...." he didn't hear her at all. Turning to her friend, "what the fuck did you just do Alice. I said leave him the fuck alone. If you would just stop acting like some little bitch in heat for one second."

Alice stared at her normally mild mannered friend in disbelief. Did she really just call her a 'bitch in heat'. "Look Mina, you don't have to...." she was cut off as the other girl spoke over her.

Enough was enough, the day was still young. Plenty of time to redeem it, so long as Alice left right. "Just go home, I will call you when you are welcome back in my home." With that Mina checked out of the entire situation. Stepping behind the bar she pour two strong drinks. One for herself, the other for Alex. "I'm sure you know where the door is," she didn't even look back at her friend. Later she would find it strange she didn't stick up for Alice instead.

Livid with how things turned out, Alice was more then happy to leave. If Mina wanted to be a bitch so be it. "Ppfftt, welcome back in her home. what the fuck is that suppose to mean." Storming out the door she slammed it shut. Though it didn't seem to catch any of the attention of the resident inside the house.

Drinks in hand, she searched the huge house for him. Finding him finally in the garden. "Hey....uuummm can I join you," she asked shyly. Her hip tilted to one side as she waited for the invitation. Shaking the glass she brought for him, "I made Alice leave."

Thanks to his mother and her garden, the peace and tranquility a garden could offer was his prime place to calm down when he was pissed off. He didn't get pissed off often and in the past, when he did, people died. So here he was forced to keep his cool and just deal with it. Growling he loosened his tie and pulled his shirt off. In the quick movements his stitches had loosened and he could feel his wound opening a bit. Looking down at his wound he reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a small bottle of super glue. Dabbing a layer onto his wound he smeared the glue and let it dry, sealing the cut so that it would heal properly. He was in the process of putting his shirt back on when he heard Mina's voice. She'd get a good view of the phrase written in old English across his shoulders. It was a widely over used phrase but for him and his team, it meant something.
'Death Before Dishonor.'

It was tattooed into his skin in beautiful old English letters along the taunt muscles of his shoulders and back. Pulling his shirt back on and putting the bottle of super glue away he didn't look back at her. He just buttoned his shirt and put his tie in his pocket.
"It's your home. You can sit if you want. I don't need the drink, thanks though."
He said in a calm and polite tone. He was obviously still pissed but not at her so he was trying to be polite. He wasn't exactly in a talking mood though. When she sat down he stared off at the lilies in the garden and sighed heavily. He then pulled out his phone and shot a text to Rick to get permission first. He had one thing in his life that could calm him down. Rick was hesitant at first but allowed it. Alex then shot a text to Vixen and asked her to bring Jelly's tank as well as her to the house tomorrow. Vixen seemed a bit upset even through text as she enjoyed having Jelly around but she also knew Jelly was his comfort animal.

Once the text was confirmed Alex pocketed his phone.
"I'll be having a guest here tomorrow to drop something off. It'll keep me from killing your friend if she comes around again. Also, if she does, unless you're planning on going somewhere, I will not be around you. I don't need to be if you're still at home."
He said very matter-of-a-factly. Which just solidified his disgust and dislike for the female.

It was barely even three in the afternoon, so there was plenty of sun light spilling into the garden . Not sure what he was doing when she got here, she did get a nice view on her approach. When he politely refused the drink she set it on a window ledge. "I know it's my home, but I don't want to intrude on your space either." Sliding into the seat next to him, she set own drink on the ground beneath the bench.

Sitting in silence with him for a few moments, she played with the top of her boots. Switching the the edge of her skirt, something to occupy the time. It felt weird sitting here like this. She just met the guy yesterday, why was she worried about how he was feeling right now?

Cringing a little when he finally spoke again. She didn't realize just how angry with Alice he was. The words he used were strong, a part of wondered if she should take them with a grain of salt. "That's fine, it's your home too now." The thought kind of annoyed her, sharing her home with a stranger. "Look I just wanted to say....I had no idea she would even act like that. I mean she can be a spoiled brat a lot of the time. She has never done anything like that though." Leaning forward a little to look at his face. She tried to smile for him, not her normal mischievous one. "I will make it up to you one day, I promise. She won't be back here for a while anyway."

~~~~~Time Skip Two Weeks~~~~~​

The day two weeks ago at least ended on a better note. He was still angry that much was clear, but she said her peace and that was all she could do. Now she had been stuck in the damn house ever since. It seemed there was always some new danger that kept her from leaving. She was going nuts, there was only so much swimming and pool a person could play alone. Well she was done with it. Trying to be nice ever since the whole Alice thing. She was going out, and she was going to do it with out Alex.

An expert in sneaking out of the large house, she set up her plan. Judy and David had a change of clothes for her, and would wait a few blocks away. From there she would change in the back of Davids SUV and have a night of fun. Keeping everything as normal as ever, she headed to bed at her normal time. Watching the clock, she waited for it to read 9:15pm. It would give her fifteen minutes to get out of the house and to the meeting spot. Judy and David were a last resort kind of thing, but they were dumb enough to not say anything.

Putting an ear against her bedroom door, she listened for movement outside. Cameras lined the hallway, so the balcony was a better escape. There were dark corners for her to hide in out of view also. She was on the second floor, so the drop wasn't that far down. On her feet she ran towards the back gate, and climbed over it. Once on the side of freedom, she stretched her arms towards the sky. The fashion she would assume would look like a prison escapee. Running down the alley she had to keep from laughing.

Fifteen minutes just as she had planned. Davids SUV was parked under a street light, and he flashed his head lights to indicate where they were. They were the only car on the street though, so it was completely unnecessary. Jumping into the back seat she took her bag from Judy. "Thanks guys, you have your IDs right," none of them were quite old enough to drink outside of her house. A good fake ID would get you into most clubs though, and she knew where to get them.

The SUV headed downtown, where Club Red was. This was her favorite place, the music was great and it wasn't all too dirty. Dressed in a tight black and lime green mini dress, she paired it with some stiletto heels, the toes adorned with tiny little spikes. The light outside the building were flashing to whatever beat was happening on the inside. If all she got was this night, Mina was going to make it worth it. "This may be my last chance for a while. So let not waste it," flashing their IDs to the bouncer they headed into the dark club. Bass drumming in their chests, as multicolored lights filled the room.

As he said, the next day Vixen dropped by and delivered a massive twenty gallon glass tank that he set up in his room. The bottom of the tank was covered in a piece of dried drift wood and vegetation with a wooden hide and dried moss covered dirt while the metal grate at the top of the tank held a red bulbed light on the left side and a white heat light on the right side. Inside the tank was a beautifully colored and massive eight foot Red Tailed Boa that was named Jelly. She was four years old and Alex's pride and joy. He'd pull her out and let her hang around his neck multiple times a day, just stroking her head every now and then. The snake, to anyone else was an intimidating creature as she was rather long and about as wide as a football, but in Alex's arms, she was a big old teddy bear and seemed to really love his chin scratches.

Over the next two weeks, Alex noticed the change in Mina's behavior and how she was much more antsy and irritable which told him she'd be planning an escape here soon. Alex informed Rick that he couldn't just keep her trapped in the house. He'd paid for protection, why not use it. Even he was getting a bit stir crazy in the house. Rick wasn't budging though, he was in the middle of a tight case with some very powerful and very dangerous men. So he didn't want to take any chances.

Not that Alex blamed him, but the night that Mina took off, Alex was in the security room watching as she took off and sighing a bit. He didn't blame her for taking off, but leaving without him was not a wise idea. When she was out of the house and off the property, Alex simply sat back and shot a text to her father asking what the popular clubs were. When he asked why, Alex used the excuse that he wanted to go to one. Club Red was a popular place and pretty well kept. Thanking the man Alex stayed in the suit he was in and simply got into the house's SUV that he'd been given keys to. Driving himself to the club he parked the SUV and climbed out. Walking past the line of people he showed his Private security badge to the bouncer and then showed a picture of Mina to the man. He nodded and explained she'd walked in about half an hour ago but he hadn't seen her leave.

Alex thanked the man then walked in, weapons an all. As he made it into the club, the deafening thud of the bass and the strobe laser lights made him wince a bit. Looking around and staying in the larger groups he blended into the party and slipped all the way to the VIP section of the club. Surprisingly he found her mingling with the normal people and not hanging out in the VIP. It was either very smart or she was just trying to be like everyone else there. Since he was there and keeping an eye on her now, he saw no harm in letting her have fun and just be a young adult. She hadn't noticed he was there and he was currently sitting in a booth, well hidden in the shadows of the darker club. He did, however, spot the blonde girl from two weeks ago and this made his mood sour a bit. She was being surrounded by men and touched and talked to. She had all the attention she could ask for and yet she was throwing them out like yesterday's trash.

That let Alex know she saw him as more of a challenge and a prize then a person, which made him hate the girl all the more. So he stayed hidden and returned his attention to Mina who was currently on the dance floor and working that sinful body of hers with anyone who was willing to dance. However, there was a difference between being a slut and just liking to dance. To feel that primal urge when hands are on you and you're moving your body in an older than time way that attracts the opposite sex. Smirking as he watched her, he was the only calm and collected pair of eyes in the building. He also noticed several things about her that he hadn't noticed before. Like how her breasts, despite the bra, were very perky and well formed. Her hips were sinful at best and swayed flawlessly to the music. Her legs were smooth and strong. Gods he could get into a lot of trouble with these thoughts. Shaking them from his head he simply continued to watch her.

Mina had gotten a drink then made her way to the dance floor. Judy always stayed at the table, sort of a buzz kill really. It made for drink protection though, so the brunette never complained. Another reason she liked the club, it played the hits and not techno music. The bass was always turned up though, so you still got the same feel. Vibrations through your body, and at the end a slight pulse in your head. After dancing for a couple minutes, Mina raced back to the table. Taking a big drink, she ruffled Judy's hair and winked. She was planning on trouble tonight, and that was the tell tail sign of it.

She had anticipated Alex showing up at some point. Even the laziest of her guards figured out sooner or later. She thought it would take a little longer then it had, but as long as she didn't know he was here she was clear. Her favorite song of the moment began to play. After another quick drink she rushed back to the floor. Throwing her hand in the air, her body swayed to the music. Catching the attention of a few males in the crowd. What they did, Mina could careless. She was here to have fun, not worry about guys. She already had one at home to worry about.

They got closer each time, turning from innocent to pushy. When Mina got uncomfortable she pushed her way through the group back to her table. Sliding in next to Judy, David followed right after. Maybe it was time for a break anyway. Have a few drinks and some laughs with her tiny group. Alice was on the opposite side, her normal group of drooling guys. Oblivious of Mina and her other two friends. The two best friends hadn't talked since Mina kicked her out.

After about an hour and half, and a few drinks in she thought it safe to return to the floor. She was wrong, while it wasn't the same guys, they were just as bad. Music played, Mina danced, hips swaying hands in the air. She would try to move away, but the would just follow. David was no help, weighing maybe 140, he didn't stand a chance. When she looked to him for assistance he simply shrugged and pointed at them. Once more she tried to put distance between her and the guys. This time they just moved right in.

"Hey sweety come on, we're all just trying to have a little fun here aren't we?"

"You might be having fun, but you are also killing mine. Maybe you can just back off and find someone interested."

"Why do you have to be like that?"

The guy speaking took that opportunity to grab her around the waist. "Now come dance and show us a good time."

Mina had herself a good buzz going, but she wasn't drunk enough to just comply. The attempt to remove his arm from her waist was fruitless though.

Alex watched the game of tag between Mina and the men on the dance floor. It was a common thing to see; a woman who was damn good looking, like good enough that straight women were looking with some interest, and while this woman only wanted to dance and have fun the men had other intentions. Sex and lust were the only two things on a males mind in these situations...usually. Alex simply sat where he was sipping on his water and watching. She had willingly left without telling him or without even giving hints that she'd wanted some fresh air. So, he was going to let her have the fresh air she wanted. Regardless of who was breathing that air with her. He kept a careful eye on them and had alerted a bouncer sitting next to him to keep his eyes open as some of the men were getting a bit rowdy.

This caused an increase of security on the dance floor and that was about the time that Mina took her little break and the men backed off. Smirking a bit he simply enjoyed the music, ignored a few women who had come by his table and simply kept an eye on his Principle. When she hit the dance floor again the security was still there, so the men were making it look like it was all fun and games. When he saw Mina look to the male friend of hers he rolled his eyes. The guy was a gold fish in a tank of sharks. Not the best idea for male security there honey. Sighing a bit he simply leaned back in his chair and watched her.
"Hope this is still fun and games there sweet heart."
He said quietly to himself as he didn't so much as make a move to help her. He was very aware of the men's body language but the bouncers were also becoming aware and moving in to help break it up.

As the bouncer gave the man a warning he backed off but the look in his eye said he wasn't done yet. That made Alex a bit cautious of what would happen when she left the group even just to go outside. Even if her friends were around she'd be in some trouble. So he stood up and moved through the crowd staying out of eye shot of the males. He simply stood a few feet behind Mina without being seen. When one of the men came over with two of his buddies, seeing them at their table he went to sit down but stopped dead as Alex passed by Alice's table and stepped up directly behind Mina.

Placing a hand on her shoulder he spoke up in a calm cool voice.
"Sorry boys, this one is off limits. Go fish else where."
As he spoke his suit and tie made him look like a businessman and when one went to take a step Alex moved the bottom part of his suit coat showing a badge and a side arm.
"Not the greatest of idea's bud. Now, go away."
A shining badge and a gun had a way of dissuading your average horny Joe and the men all ran off. Alex stayed where he was till his hand gripped her shoulder rather tightly, enough to be uncomfortable as he leaned down.

"Next time you want to run off without telling anyone, I'll let them do what they want. If you wanted to go out, just ask. I needed air too. Running off isn't going to help you if you get nabbed."
He said as he gripped her shoulder painfully now before releasing. Just a little warning that he wasn't too pleased.

Back
Top Bottom