Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

BMR Cookbook~

BM Cookbook!

After some serious thought and a brief conversation, I realized BM is missing a Cookbook.

These kinds of community cookbooks have worked well in my experience. The things that have made them so excellent are as what I feel is the following:

- Family recipes
- From-scratch meals (with corner cutting advice in case something is too much hassle/effort for some)
- Pictures if possible
- No recipes that are made mainly from boxed/processed/pre-made meals

Let it begin, BM! Add your treasured recipes and let us all make new family traditions, a more interesting dinner table, and an expanded palette!

Re: BM Cookbook!

I'd like to start off this thread with a delicious recipe I learned while vacationing in FL.

Gourmet Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:

6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1 4 oz. Lobster tail, cooked and diced very fine
¼ of a Red Onion, peeled and diced very fine
1 tablespoon sweet relish
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chives, chopped very fine for filling
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish

Pop out (remove) the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, dice lobster tail, diced onion, sweet relish, mustard, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with paprika.

Serve chilled or store covered in refrigerator for up to one day before serving. Doubling this recipe is safe.

Fettuccine Alfredo (stolen from my SIL)

* 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
* 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
* 1/8 teaspoon salt

1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thermometer reads 160(do not boil)--I usually just wait for it to start thickening. Drain fettuccine; top with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.

Yield: 2 servings.

I discovered this while horsing around on Mexican night.

Lamburger Burritos

1 lbs. Ground lamb, cooked and drained
1 package Flour tortillas, 12" preferably
1 8 oz. package of Mexican-style shredded cheese
1 can Refried beans, regular flavor
1 can Black beans
1 bunch fresh Spinach, diced in medium chucnks
1-2 Red Onions, diced
1 Red, Yellow, and Orange bell pepper each, diced
5 Tbs unsalted butter
1 container sour cream
2 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs garlic powder (or 3-4 garlic cloves minced, fine)
1 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs chili powder
1/2 Tbs Thai basil (regular basil will work, but Thai is very nice)
1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (optional to make spicy)

Cook 1 lbs. ground lamb, drain, and set aside. Melt 2 Tbs butter in large frying pan and add diced onions. Cook until opaque, add remaining butter and diced bell peppers. Cook until tender, add ground lamb. Add cumin, garlic, oregano, chili powder, basil and optional ingredients for spicy tacos. Cook until lamb is darker brown. Place in casserole dish, place in over on lowest heat to keep warm.

Loosely dice spinach, place in glass bowl, cover, place in refrigerator.

Open can of black beans and pour into frying pan with 1 Tbs butter. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes and then gently mash beans in pan. Add refried beans to mashed black beans, stir, and add dollop of sour cream and 1 oz. of shredded cheese. Stir gently, not fully mixing sour cream and cheese into hot beans. Cover and set aside.

Warm tortillas in large fry pan by placing on very low heat, flipping after letting it rest for ONLY 2-4 seconds until slightly hot. Remove tortilla and place on foil-wrapped cookie sheet in over next to casserole dish. Place a paper towel in between each tortilla for easier removal.

Serve from counter top via buffet style for a Make-Your-Own meal night. Optional - you can add tomatoes, cilantro, enchilada sauce thickened with arrowroot, green chillies, or diced black olives for more tasty condiments. Click here for a helpful guide to folding burritos.

More Exciting Pasta

Alright, this one's all my own and it's not a strict recipe. I was cooking for my girl and wanted to impress her(also regular meat flavored sauce has been boring me lately and I wanted to do something different).

* 2 jars of sauce
* 3-4 cloves of grated garlic
* 2 cups heavy cream
* half a red pepper
* 1 whole tomato
* 1lb of Italian sausage
* grated Parmesan cheese
* grated Romano cheese

1. Cook the pasta(whatever kind of noodles you like; I used Ziti when I made this) according to package directions. Use whatever brand of sauce you like(used Prego Garlic and Onion) cooked on high. Cut up half the pepper and a whole tomato and add them to the sauce. Then grate up 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and add that with the 2 cups of heavy cream.

2. In a pan, cut up the sausage into chunks, brown it and then add it to the sauce. Raise the temperature to medium and let it simmer on for 10 minutes(I did both the noodles and the sauce at the same time; by the time the noodles were ready, the sauce was as well). Add the Parmesan and Romano cheese on top before eating.

Blue Ribbon almond roca cookies.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 package toffee bits
1 cup coarsely ground almonds
4 ounces milk chocolate
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugars together on medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and then the toffee bits. Mix until just blended; do not over-mix.

Place ground nuts in a small bowl. Using hands, roll balls of dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll in the ground nuts. Place on cookie sheets several inches apart. Bake approximately 22 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

Melt the chocolate with the vegetable oil in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate is firmly set.

Note: BEST EFFIN COOKIES EVER
ALSO: EDITED

Chili
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef - i use ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes - i use ro*tel chilies & tomatoes w/ lime & cilantro
1 can (24 ounces) tomato paste
1 can (14.5 ounces) light red kidney beans - i always drain and rinse my beans thoroughly.
1 tsp chili powder
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
dash of crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese (optional)
1 11.2 fl. oz. bottle of beer (optional, and the alcohol cooks off so the chili is kid friendly)

Directions:

Heat a pot over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, and the meat. Season the meat with: chili powder, red pepper, salt and pepper, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles.

Brown meat 5 minutes, then add garlic, onions and cook about 7 minutes more. If using beer, add 1 cup and de-glaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol (then drink the leftovers).

Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and bring to a bubble. If using beans, add them now. Reduce heat to low and let chili simmer about 10-15 minutes. - If the chili seems a bit thick to you, stir in about 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth, adding more if necessary until it's the consistency you desire.

Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste. Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with cheese, fresh chopped onions if desired.

Note: Chili is one of those dishes that really lends itself to be altered. Play around with ingredients that you enjoy and add them to your chili, this is just my basic go to recipe. Enjoy, and remember-- chili is always better the next day after the flavors have married!

Be golden.

Home Made Fried Rice

2-3 cloves of garlic
1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger
1/4 of an onion
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 egg
Soy Sauce

Heat up the oil in the pan first. Dice/chop up the onion, garlic, and ginger, and throw it in with the oil. Cook that until it all turns to a golden brown. when that happens, throw in the rice, and mix it up. Let that cook for a minute or two, then stir the rice so there is a gap right in the middle of the rice where you can see the pan. Beat the egg and drop it in, and let it simmer for about 30 seconds. After that, stir in the frozen peas and make sure the egg gets mixed in with everything. After you see little bits of the egg cooked in the rice, throw in some soy sauce (and this you can't really measure exactly, gotta eyeball it). Cook for another minute or so just to make sure the sauce gets mixed in thoroughly.

You can also throw in beef/chicken/anything else you want, and I usually throw it in along with the spices so the flavor mixes with the oil.

4l2g3o.jpg

Blueberry syrup and vodka...yum..I'll post recipe later

SO. I figured since this was a "Food" oriented hobby of sorts and needed an outlet I stuck it here >.> If you guys don't think it's in an appropriate place feel free to move it as you see fit.

What exactly is this? Well it's a general collection where Members can place their recipes and then get reviews xD; in general I think this is an awesome idea for those who uhhh. Like food, and may or may not be on a budget. xD

That being saiddddddd I'll post first :D

Vega's Chili Recipe
1 29 oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 15 oz can of Kidney Beans (You can get Dark red or red for color)
1 lb of Ground Meat* (I personally use turkey 80/20 but this will go well with beef as well Just be careful on the fat content)
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Salt
Salt
Pepper
Oregano

*I normally cook the meat separate from the sauce to save time >.>; as in two different pans.

Cook meat with Garlic powder, salt, pepper, and A dash of onion salt until brown. In another sauce pan on Med heat mix Sauce, Water, and Paste until is dissolved. Drain kidney beans and add to sauce. Add Spices to taste* (I have no exact recipe for how much. However I would say I use at least two tablespoons of chili powder and a tablespoon of Oregano). Incorporate meat in slowly - add more spice as necessary. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes.

General Cost: Under $5 depending on Sales - Not including Spices.

A full out Mexican meal that's super easy and not overly expensive either. Enjoy!!!

Mexican Lasagna
Whole pre-roasted chicken
1 whole yellow onion
1 bunch of scallions/green onion
1 can of green chiles
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of black beans (drained)
Olive oil
Whole wheat fajita shells
Shredded Mexican-style cheese
Your favorite salsa fresca

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degF. Shred all the meat (dark and white) off whole pre-roasted chicken and set aside. On a skillet over medium heat, grease with olive oil and cook yellow onion and scallions. Once tender, add shredded chicken and taco seasoning. Mixture will become dry, but once mixed and cooked through add the green chiles. When nearly done cooking, add the drained black beans. After everything is mixed and cooked, take it off the heat. In a baking dish, place down a fajita shell, then coat with the chicken mixture, followed by salsa, followed by cheese. Keep doing this until the mixture is gone or the dish is filled. Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes.

Corn Casserole
1 can whole kernal corn (drained)
1 can creamed corn
8 oz sour cream
1 stick of butter (room temperature, cut into slices)
1 packet of jiffy corn muffin mix
3 tbs sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degF. Mix all the ingredients together in a big mixing bowl. Once everything is fully mixed, pour into a baking dish and bake for 1 hour.

Tomato & Cucumber Salad
1 large tomato
1 cucumber
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar

Chop up the tomato and cucumber, toss. Add olive oil and vinegar to taste, toss. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Fresh Guacamole
2 avacadoes
Lime juice
Your favorite salsa fresca

Cut and mash up the inside of the avacadoes. Add lime juice until the consistency is what you like. Add a few scoops, to taste, of salsa, mix thoroughly.

Eggplant Skillet Parmesan

Ingredients -
1 Eggplant, unpeeled, sliced
2 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 jar Marinara Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

BEFORE ANYTHING SOAK EGGPLANT IN HEAVILY SALTED WATER for 20 minutes.

Preparation:
1. Add beaten eggs to shallow dish. Dip eggplant into beaten eggs. Coat with breadcrumbs.

2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in skillet over medium heat.

3. Add eggplant to skillet. Saute until brown, turn, brown other side. Transfer to plate.

4. In small bowl, mix salt, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and tomatoes.

5. Wipe skillet clean. Add ¾ cup marinara sauce to skillet. Arrange half of eggplant slices over marinara.

6. Spoon half tomato mixture over eggplant. Spoon 1 cup marinara over eggplant. Sprinkle half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over marinara.

7. Repeat layering procedure with remaining ingredients.

8. Cover skillet. Simmer 20 minutes

Butterscotch Cream Cheese Bars

1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
1/3 cup butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
8 ounces cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup chopped pecan

In a medium saucepan, melt butterscotch chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in cracker crumbs and mix well. Reserve 2/3 cup mixture. Spray 13 x 9-inch ovenproof glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Press remainder of mixture firmly into bottom of dish making a uniform layer.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and egg; fold in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Scatter reserved crumb mixture evenly over top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool to room temperature, then chill. Cut into 1 1/2 x 2-inch bars to serve.

A quick search and you would have found this.

Could a mod merge this thread with the other to keep the chronology accurate, and place it in the appropriate section? Not sure if General is the right place for the BM Cookbook, but it was at that time.

Thanks! Also, nice recipes. :D

Sorry Drama! D: Probably why I didn't find it. e.e;

But! You're quite welcome :3 The latest one from me was one of my recent Experiments. Omnom!

Out of pure curiousity, could I maybe have a small note in on every recipe with the measurements in kilogram, gram, ml >.< because I'd like to use the recipes but I have no clue how much it is. Same for the fahrenheit if possible xD

Russian Vodka said:
Out of pure curiousity, could I maybe have a small note in on every recipe with the measurements in kilogram, gram, ml >.< because I'd like to use the recipes but I have no clue how much it is. Same for the fahrenheit if possible xD

I can try that xD I mean most of the "Can" stuff is mainly what you would find at a grocery store but I can look up measurements for you real quick for mine :)

Breakfast In a Basket Sandwhich
(A silly little twist on an old and easy recipe)

So, I'm sure everyone's heard of Eggs in a Basket, Toady in the Hole, or some other name for this. Pretty much toast and eggs in one. But I do mine a little differently.

What you'll need:
1 egg
Butter
Bread
2-4 slice of bacon or a piece of thick cut ham, fried.
Your favorite kind of shredded cheese

A pan, spatula, butter knife, circular cookie cutter about the size of the lid from a seasoning container.

1. Fry your bacon or ham and have it kept warm.
2. Butter a piece of bread front and back.
3. Cut a hole in the center of the bread using the cookie cutter.
4. Butter another piece of bread front and back.
5. Put both the holed bread and the normal piece in the frying pan, then quickly crack the egg into the hole of the cut one.
6. Fry both of them on both sides. The egg in the basket will take a bit longer than the regular. How long it takes depends on how you like your eggs.
7. Now, with both of them fried, pull the bread and the egg in the basket out of the pan and put them on a plate.
8. On the egg in the basket, top with the shredded cheese to taste. However much you want. Then the bacon/ham. Hell, if you want to, you could prepare hashbrowns and put those in there too.
9. Put the other piece of fried bread on top, then flip it so the egg in the basket slice is on top. Pop that sucker in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
10. Plate and enjoy.

(Not overly exciting like everyone else's but I like it.)

At the request of our lovely DarkAngel, here's the recipe for the tomato soup i made to go with my grilled cheese sandwich.

Ingredients

1 Tsp Beef Bullion
1 Cup Water
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 Can Tomato paste
Seasonings, I used a Sicilian Blend

Directions

Warm the water in a small pot and add the bullion. Stir until the bullion is completely dissolved. Add the tomato sauce and stir. Add tomato paste to desired thickness. I needed about 3/4 of the can. Add preferred seasonings to taste.

Enjoy with alone or with a grilled cheese sandwich and a pickle!
208465_202905943076468_7381279_n.jpg

Here are a couple of Korean dishes I've learned how to make. They aren't overly difficult (BONUS... especially for someone like me, lol) and they are most definitely very tasty. Enjoy!

BEEF BULGOKI:
1lb of beef (best to get very thinly sliced rib eye, easily found at Korean/Asian markets)
6 tbs of soy souce
6 tbs of sugar
1/2 tbs of garlic (I used jarred minced roasted garlic)
1/2 tbs of sesame oil
1/2 a yellow onion
Crushed black pepper to taste

Place ingredients for the marinade into a large bowl and mix together with your hands until the sugar is fully melted. Place beef in a large freezer/storage bag and add the marinade. Make sure beef is thoroughly coated and place in the refrigerator (I made mine at around 7am and prepared at 2:30pm). Place marinaded beef on a lightly oiled fry pan and cook on low heat until fully cooked.

KIMBAP (Korean Sushi):
Japanese rice (I use Nishiki)
Tamanoi sushinoko powder
Sushinori
Veggies (oshinko, carrots, cucumbers, spinach, anything you want really)
Egg omlette
Smoked salmon
Sesame seeds

Cut up your veggies and smoked salmon in long thin strips and set aside. Cook your rice, but prepare it so that it's a bit wetter and stickier than normal (I added a bit more water than I usually do when making rice in a rice cooker) when it is finished. While rice is cooking, boil spinach for about 3 min in hot water with a small amount of sesame oil. When spinach is done, squeeze out excess water and set aside. Prepare egg omlette by beating 2 eggs together (do not add milk!) and frying it up on low heat in a lightly oiled fry pan. When omlette is done cooking, let it cool, cut into thin strips and set aside. When rice is done cooking, let it cool to room temperature and then add Tamanoi sushinoko powder to taste (this is a powder form of rice vinegar).

When everything is cooled and cut into strips, you are ready to make the actual sushi. On a sushi wrapper, lay out a sheet of Sushinori. Place a thin layer of the rice mixed with Tamanoi sushinoko on it along with strips of your veggies, salmon and omlette. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top next. Then, wrap the Sushinori upward until you've made a roll. Once made, use the 'wrapper' to roll around it and help pack it down so that everything is firm and stuck together.

Here's the recipe for a very delicious, yet simple, crab bisque that me and my family absolutely adore.

CRAB BISQUE:
1 tablespoon of minced onion
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of half-and-half
1 pound (or packet) of artificial crab/lobster meat
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

1. Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

2. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and half-and-half; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.

3. Break the crab into chucks; add to the broth.

4. Heat thoroughly and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.

There you go! I really hope this helps!
:3

Back
Top Bottom