Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread clarity Help!

Zero_Kyrael

Super-Earth
Hi. My Name is Kyra and thank you for taking the time to help me out here! I have a thread I have been working on and slowly improving for quite a while now and I have wanted to make it very clean, clear, and accessible. However, It seems that I keep having to constantly answer questions that I have answered on thread. Also even though they are very few I have to remind people about the rules in place. I believe I have got it so it is not just a wall of text and I think the idea is appealing, but perhaps there is something that is making it hard to either read all the way or I might have worded it in a slightly unclear manner.

I was hoping I could hear some suggestions on how to keep things as clear as possible without becoming like you would be reading a Microsoft excel print out. I want it to not alienate yet very clearly states how everything works. Any advice on the topic would be most welcome! Thank you all for your time.

Use line breaks. Prioritize information. Be mindful of how people will read.

For example, you want your point here, in the first sentence. Immediately subsequent sentences should clarify the point sufficiently. If there's lore, logic, or other fluff relating to the point, save that for last, as people that don't care won't make it that far.

New paragraph, new point. Repeat the template.

---

It sounds like this thread you're talking about has kind of... Built up on top of itself? Perhaps you should rewrite the entire thing.

Maybe!

RULES / RULES
TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

Align them to the center or right or something.

Try and enforce that you need people to read the rules and if they're really interested make a secret message in the color
#333333(that the color of BMR's background) at the end of your rules like:
"When you send your application through PM (or where ever) include the word "banana" accepting that you've read the rules."
Y'know? Or some other word associated with the theme of your thread.
Try and seriously enforce your rules~

I do agree with Trygon to be mindful of what people are reading and how you want to persuade people into joining.
You could even color code each section.
Bring a little life to it and what not.

You can also use the code [ hr ] if you want to create separated sections. For example:

Rules
tex textext

application:
text text text

Yes try redoing your thread? Even making a new one where you can make separate posts for each section (I went a snooped as well.)
Introductions: Explain with your company's about. Motto whatever

Rules: Enforce, enforce, enforse because yod refuse to repeat yourself and answer questions that are already answered on your thread

Application:

Accepted Members/ "The girls" If you want to display them. You could even ask the the girls who play that role give you little 100x100 icons showing the character they're using or not.

> Extra's Any tidbits you want to add.

Hope that helped?

Yea those are some good Idea's. I had thought about adding the "please add banana when PMing me" but I thought it might feel a bit odd.

I think some color could be a good choice ^ ^ . I get a fair amount of people replying to my thread it just killing me to post it is in the thread over and over and want to have it be more clear.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=61367&pid=1560643#pid1560643

Here is how the Thread looks now after adding in some of what your suggestions are. Thanks again for help trying to make it more clear ^ ^ Please tell me what you think

Back
Top Bottom