Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The new farmer. (( nerdfuck && Angel_Lina ))

nerdfuck

The Magnificant
Their little island of KaKuta didn't get much as far as tourism went. There really wasn't anything worth touring there. They had a number of old buildings and houses, some old rusty shops, a large farm that was slowly decaying and other than there was nothing but woods as far as the eye could see. Sure, they had a small beach with a port, but a ship came so rarely... they never had visitors, after all. Not until recently anyway. Word had traveled like wildfire that the deed to the old farm had reached the hands of its new owner and said owner purchased a ticket to their little island. Would they be staying, everyone wondered? What would he be like? Was he married, the women wondered? No one thought for even a moment that the new farmer might actually be a woman..

Lyla was no different than the others, she had done her fair share of gossiping about the new farmer as well. It was exciting to know someone new would be coming to the island, even if they weren't staying. The day of the new arrival the whole small town was abuzz with excitement and the town did well to show its ass off. The resident police man came to visit with her, along with an old lady who needed help walking but just wanted a look at her, to talk to her. Her name was Able.

Next she got a visit from a man who would be managing shipments from the farm whenever it was productive again. That was at least relevant to the farm. And just when she thought all of the guests had stopped, came Lyla. Lyla was one of the younger people on the island. She stood at only five foot two, dark black curly hair and dark brown eyes. Her skin was darkly tanned from time in the sun. She wore a pair of dusty jeans and a red tank top that meshed well with her dark features. As Lyla approached it became clear she had a bag in her hand. What was in it was yet to be determined..

Once Lyla reached the farm house she paused and glanced around. "Helllo!" She called out loudly, trying to tempt the farmer from wherever she might be.

As soon as she arrived on the little island of KaKuta, Ariel could not feel more excited than she ever was in her entire life. This was the chance to turn something that was decaying and rotting out into something positive and inspiring. Farming was in her blood. Her father was a farmer and his father before him was also a farmer. Her family couldn't quite grasp the idea of why Ariel wanted this farm out in the middle of the ocean but to her, it was a way to get away and enjoy the peaceful outdoor life.

As the ship landed, many of the native people were shocked to find out that she was a woman. The looks and gasps from all of the people in town definitely surprised them. Her long wavy brown locks were pulled back in a pony tail as she wore a pair of denim overalls with the pants legs cut off just above her knees. Underneath the suspenders was a white V-neck T-shirt that did have some spots on it that would suggest that she did work while wearing it. Her skin was much paler than the natives on the island as it seemed that she stood out among the crowd.

Finally reaching her newly bought farm, she let out a soft sigh while putting her bags away inside the also decaying house that was surrounded by the farm. The house was definitely what one would call a 'fixer-upper' and needed a lot of work.. almost as much work was needed for the farm itself. "This is going to take some time to make you look sweet." She admitted to herself just before the resident police man introduced himself. She shook hands with him and did the sweet hellos and good byes before he walked off back towards the town. Many people came by but one that was very dear to her was an older woman named Able. Ariel could not help but to look how frail Able looked but this old woman seemed to have a mind that was sharp as a twenty year old.

Her and Able seemed to click as they talked for a few minutes before getting interrupted... not rudely mind you, by the man would would be her primary contact for her shipping needs. She made sure to make note of him as he walked off as now, it was time to unpack and settle in for what could be a long time here on the island.

As she was just about to finish unpacking her last suitcase, the voice from what seemed to be a young woman shouted out as loud as the farm was visible. Putting her things on the bed, Ariel walked from the back of the house to just outside of the door as she let out a sweet smile seeing this dark skinned Polynesian beauty for the very first time. Walking outside of the door, she allowed the woman to look at her completely as she started out with the usual Western style greeting. "Hello? May I help you?" She asked, hoping that this woman was not just another visitor in town.

Lyla perked softly when she heard the sound of a door opening and closing followed by the sound of a welcoming voice. The sight of the new farmer, Ariel, was one for sore eyes. For far too long they had too few people on the island, had seen too few faces too many times. It wasn't that she didn't like the people on the island, quite the contrary, it was only that at times she felt isolated. They had so few visitors and so few people wanted to visit their island especially after their main source of economy had died with the old farmer. Plus this girl looked nice, there weren't too many people her age there so it would be nice to make a new friend.

"Hi! I'm Lyla, it's nice to meet you! You must be the new farmer! I heard you were a girl... you're very brave, taking the farm on all by yourself.." She grinned ear to ear, the happiness she felt for Ariel's arrival was quite genuine. She glanced to the house Ariel had just come out of and sighed gently. "You know I remember when this place was in good shape... it was really a wonderful farm. We tried to pitch in together and keep it from falling apart too badly, but it definitely needs work..." Her voice trailed off gently before pointing at a nearby tree. "You know I fell out of that tree as a little girl, broke my arm in two place. Well not fell, exactly, I was pushed.. but that's neither here nor there." Lyla was certainly a talkative one, but that was perhaps not such a bad thing at times.

"I'm sorry, I brought you something." She noted apologetically and indicated the bag by lifting it slightly and pulling out a bottle of wine. "I'm a waitress at the tavern in town. We brew our own liquor, so you should come down and have a drink sometime! We're also a diner! Anyway, this is just a 'welcome' gift. You should come into town some time, I know everyone is dying to meet you..." She blushed ever so slightly, she was rambling and she knew it.

"Anyway, I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time..." Just when you thought her words had stopped, she found something else to talk about. "You know, you should really be careful with your farm work with that kind of skin tone." She touched her own tanned face gingerly, "You're likely to burn, I hope you brought sun block..."

Ariel had no idea how isolated these native people were on this island. Sure there were rumors about the isolation but she never figured that these rumors were actually true. Lyla certainly was a looker and she figured that she was close to her own 26 years of age.

Seeing the grin coming from Lyla, it seemed to Ariel that Lyla was genuinely excited about meeting her. No stalker thoughts to worry about her... at least that was what she thought. Listening to the story about the tree nearby to their right, Ariel let out a soft giggle as she wanted to actually speak. Just when she was about to introduce herself, it was then that Lyla brought out a bag of some sort.

From the looks of the bag, Ariel figured that it would be wine and sure enough, she was right once she saw Lyla break out the bottle. She let out a smile of her own as she listened to Lyla being a waitress at the local tavern and diner. She figured that after a long and hard day of work to get this farm back into shape, a good meal and a drink afterwards would not be such a bad idea.

Finally, when it seemed that Lyla was finished, she heard one last apology. Her words were broken when she heard Lyla talking about the sunscreen. Letting out a soft giggle, she waited for a second or two before she finally was able to let her words out.

"Oh I have burned many times. In my days tending to my Dad's farm back home, I learned my lesson the hard way and burnt to a crisp. I was out for a week after that so I can't go outside in the sun without it now." She admitted as she remembered her own manners. "I'm sorry, I'm Ariel and it is very wonderful to meet you too, Lyla. Thank you so much for all of the gifts. I really do appreciate them." She appreciated while wiping a bead of sweat off of her forehead with her right arm.

"I am sure that I will come into town. Maybe tonight after I get settled in. I guess that I am the new celebrity on the island now so how do you think a celebrity should dress to make her grand introduction at the local tavern? Do you have any suggestions?" She asked, hoping to find out about the customs and maybe getting into the style of fashion that could be very prominent on the island.

It was true that Lyla was a nervous talker, and it was also true that Lyla was very nervous. They got so few visitors on the island, let alone so many visitors that were her own age, that she could possibly become friends with. When Ariel finally had the chance to speak Lyla settled into silence with a smile that could be perceived as awkward. But her big brown eyes still watched closely as Ariel remembered all the times she had already burned in the same way Lyla had warned about. The natural give-take of a conversation allowed Lyla to relax just slightly, ever so slightly, and her awkward smile became just a little bit more natural.

"It's nice to meet you Ariel." She offered genuinely as she learned the woman's name. "Now this isn't a gift." She warned, "This is incentive for you to come to the tavern, to get more of our yummy wine." She grinned ear to ear, it was a gift no doubt.

Lyla paused for a moment as Ariel went on to pose a question concerning what she should wear when she showed up in town. It was at that point that Lyla realized Ariel truly had no idea how the island worked! "Oh, II wouldn't worry about that!" She assured her with a soft laugh. "Life on the island is very relaxed, we have no real traditions... unless you count the festivals we hold every month but.. that's for another time." She didn't want to overload her any more than she already had. "Everyone will just be happy to meet you, and we're all really nice, I promise!"

Lyla breathed heavily as she nodded. "Well, I need to be getting to work. I know you're still settling in.... I look forward to seeing you later, Ariel?" She posed the comment as a question before stepping away, to leave the farm and leave Ariel to her work with a small wave of departure.

She had made an utter fool of herself...

With her own blue eyes shining brightly, Ariel was enchantingly listening to Lyla as she found out that the wine was not just a gift but an incentive to come to the tavern. Though she didn't really need any incentive to go there, the wine certainly would help for a small nightcap before heading to bed or for some other special occasion.

She was glad that life on the island was just about how she imagined it. All she had to do was be herself and dress like herself and things would be all right. Ariel let out a soft sigh of relief as she already knew that she didn't bring any fancy clothes to her new home so that thought was thrown out of her mind. She was very curious about the festivals that the people on the island have each month but she figured that she could ask about that another time.

To her, it seemed that Lyla was even more nervous than she was as it was time for the sudden departure. hearing the question, she let out a wide smile of encouragement while responding, "Count on it, Lyla." it was after the wave from Lyla and her walking away than Ariel let out a loud sigh. "Gods... She is to die for. If I can keep it together, than things could be wonderful for us. Just take it slow, Airs. Take it slow." She whispered to herself after turning around.

Throughout the rest of the day, it was spent moving rocks into a huge pile and trying like heck to till up some of the ground that wasn't in as bad of shape as the rest of the farm was. At worst right now, she could sell off some of these rocks to generate a little bit of income. Maybe these were priceless rocks or just the generic brand? Ariel wasn't too concerned about that part right now as the sun started to set and her stomach started to growl. "Time to clean up Airs. you did enough for today." She admitted to herself as she walked inside the house and settled back in, making sure that she didn't forget about the wine bottle from earlier.

At least two things worked as she made sure that they did before she arrived. At least there was electricity in the house and taht the well in the backyard was full of water. Getting herself ready for the night, she took a small shower while feeling much better but anticipating the night to come. Tonight, she decided to let her hair down and dress in a black T-Shirt and a pair of almost tight blue jeans. A pair of black cowboy boots filled the ensemble as she put on a small squeeze of the perfume bottle and put it onto her neck.

With the night ready to start, she started to head into town, knowing that she would be greeted by everyone once she stepped foot into the town limits. "Let this night be good. No drama. it's my first night here. Let me remember this forever." She thought to herself as she was now outside of the town limits and awaiting what she might figure taht the mob of people would come.

After leaving the farm Lyla beat herself up mentally the whole way back home. She had acted like such a fool, Ariel likely would never speak to her again after that. She probably thought her to be lame or something! After some words of encouragement to herself and a few mental work-ups Lyla had finally forgiven herself for her introduction to the farmer and she vowed to make it up to her in one way or another. She could start by being herself tonight when the farmer visited their tavern! With a renewed sense of purpose, Lyla's day continued.

As Ariel entered city limits, she might be relieved to find no mob. The small island actually became quite sleepy after a certain time of night, there were only a few residents walking home who paused to greet her, the tired underworked police man making his rounds who would stop to greet her as well. Yes, not many people were out but Ariel would find the tavern sitting not too far away. It was two stories and one of the largest buildings in the town. Every light was on, inviting any weary travelers to take a load off and relax.

"I don't know where she is... Ariel said she would come..." A small smile crossed Lyla's face as she spoke the new farmer's name, Ariel, it was a pretty name... That small smile went unnoticed to her boyfriend, however. The man stood at the bar, his black short hair in a mess on top of his head and his tanned cheeks somewhat flushed with alcohol. His meaty hand held a shot glass which he quickly downed before speaking again.

"Well we can have our own party here." He offered with a cheesy grin.

Lyla spared him a glance, her face anything but happy. "You're supposed to be serving the alcohol, not drinking it." She warned him quietly. Layla was dressed differently than she was before. A colorful island-based skirt held her hips, resting softly on the sandled toes of her little feet. A black tank top held her upper body. Her long hair was pulled up into a messy up-do that had to leave people wondering how it stayed up. Her hair matched her skirt, however, as a beautiful red flower sat caught in her hair at the side of her head.

"Lighten up Lyla." He responded simply. "I think alcohol is supposed to help PMS symptoms, why don't you try it?" With his charming comment he threw a bottle in her direction, narrowly missing her and smashing instead into one of the tables. The girl cried out in surprise, then quickly turned to face her drunk boyfriend.

"Ana! Pick it up! What is your problem!" She began to snip at him furiously.

It was just another night in the tavern...

To Ariel's surprise, it was just a small crowd of people here and there that greeted her once she stepped foot inside of the town. There was an older couple that waved to her and the under worked policeman that decided to chat things up and maybe grab a donut with her. Ariel politely declined the request but she did make sure to keep in contact with him as he went on his merry way.

Each step was filled with nervousness as the biggest building came into view and the sign on the Tavern told her that this was the place. "All right, Airs. It's now or never." She whispered to herself as she opened the door feeling very surprised all of the sudden. She entered just as a loud bottle seemed to be crashed onto a wall on the other side of the tavern. "Is it... always this rowdy?" She asked to no one in particular.

She knew that she already stood out from the crowd as she took another deep breath. "Maybe this isn't such a..." Her thoughts were distracted as she recognized one very pretty and familiar face with her hair almost kept up by a lot of pins. If there was one thing that Ariel liked was that at least they shared a similar taste in black. She looked around at Lyla who seemed to be yelling at one of the local drunks at the bar but not knowing the truth about the relationship between Lyla and the drunk. To her, the drunk was just another drunk as she went on closer to Lyla. "Hi. Is this bar taken?" She asked in a small giggle while letting Lyla look at her and let it all sink in that yes... Ariel was here and in the flesh.

Lyla murmured to herself furiously, but silently, before turning and crouching to begin picking up the glass off the floor. It was a safety hazard after all! She at first hadn't noticed Ariel coming in right as the bottle smashed, but when the girl approached her and spoke Lyla jumped up all too quickly. "Oh! Hi! Have a seat!" She grinned ear to ear, adjusting the broken bottle pieces in her arms. "I'm glad you came! Just be careful, I dropped a bottle." As if Ariel couldn't see it for herself. She flushed up slightly. "Can I get you something to drink? Or eat? Or are you just visiting?" Lyla moved off as she was speaking to dump the pieces into the trash and grab the broom and dustpan. Ana, who had thrown the bottle originally watched his girlfriend closely, sexually, with something of a grin on his face but didn't speak.

Lyla moved back to Ariel and began quickly sweeping up the pieces from the floor. "I'm sorry, I'm such a clutz. Oh, and this is Ana, my -- b-boyfriend." She stammered slightly over the word 'boyfriend'. It wasn't that she didn't like him, it just... he, well, he could really embarrass her sometimes with his drinking. There weren't really a lot of people to chose from on the island, though. They had a hefty population of elderly people and not many newer generations.

Concerning the introduction Ana didn't say much to Ariel, he only vaguely acknowledged she was there by pouring her a drink and setting it on the bar with a nod. Lyla blushed at Ariel gently. Anyone with a brain could see that their relationship was anything but satisfactory. "So... did you want something to eat? Or..."

Ariel seemed to have her mind distracted by not only one thing but two. The first distraction was the best one as she could not help but to notice how beautiful Lyla looked tonight. Even though Lyla's hair looked like it went through a wind tunnel, it suited her looks just fine. The second distraction was one that she hoped would go away very soon. Yes, she did have a brain and realized that Ana was one thing and one thing only... a complete asshole. It took Ariel a couple of more seconds to finally answer the question from the sweet distraction that she really liked.

"Uhh... sorry about that." She apologized as she let out her patented soft smile again after getting the shot glass fron Ana. "How about one of those drinks that you all make here on the island. I think that it just might feel better if I had some wonderful company to join me..." She flirted at Lyla before continuing on. "That is if you are free for a little while." She added, knowing that Lyla would probably have to get up in the middle of a conversation but... to Ariel, that was a small price to pay in order to at least enjoy a good drink and have a wonderful time at the tavern tonight.

Lyla was notably effected when Ariel gave her that little smile, a large smile crossed her face and she couldn't help but to blush just slightly which was an impressive feat considering her skin tone. "O-okay." She noted quietly, scooting away one step at a time before slipping behind the bar to pour the drink for Ariel. The hand that had begun pouring that drink however shook slightly when Ariel went on to ask if Lyla was free. Lyla recognized this as flirting, would Ana notice? She glanced sideways at the man before looking to Ariel herself.

"No one ever visits us after a certain time." She admitted, putting the top on the bottle and setting it away. "This is more like a hobby, than a job." Lyla carried the drink over to Ariel and set it down in front of her before tenderly taking a seat next to her and crossing her legs. "Ana, why don't you take a break?" She suggested sweetly to the man, smiling.

He looked at Ariel, then to Lyla, then took another long hard look at Ariel. Had he noticed Ariel's interest in Lyla? Or the other way around? Lyla smiled and soon enough her forced a smile as well, dropped a glass he was cleaning with a loud 'clang', and walked off. Lyla breathed a deep sigh and pushed a strand of her hair back. "I'm sorry about him." She noted softly, notably not looking at Ariel. "He likes this job just so he can drink."

Seeing Lyla finally sitting down next to her, Ariel could not help but to be a little miffed at Ana... especially after the comments that Lyla made about him. It was like her face took a soft turn towards the frowning side as she looked back at Lyla in hope. "If he can get away with it, I wouldn't why he wouldn't like it here." She let out a soft sigh trying to get away from the conversation about the jerk of a boyfriend that the dark skinned beauty had to deal with. That conversation could be mentioned another time but right now, tonight was all about Lyla in her eyes.

"Let's forget about him for a while. Out of sight means out of mind right now, OK?" She asked with her smile slowly returning as she looked up back at Lyla in hopes of getting to know her better. "How about we talk about happier things... maybe... planting the seeds of a wonderful friendship between us?" She asked but deep in her mind, she wanted to add 'to start with'. Right now, she wanted to make sure that the interest was mutual before she went any further than just being friends. She hoped that the interest was mutual since she hated the alternative of being alone and not able to share her feelings with anyone on the island... just like what happened to her back home.

"Right, right..." Lyla sighed deeply. "Out of sight out of mind..." but her words were just a listless murmur. It was more than evident that Ana put a dampen on her parade, so to speak. But then Ariel offered a new conversation to start with and Lyla couldn't quite help but to smile. "Okay." She said excitedly, agreeing with the change of topic! There was just something about Ariel that made her easy to talk to. Something that she liked... something she liked a lot.

"Right!" Lyla's eyes widened when Ariel reminded her about their 'seeds of friendship'. "That reminds me! Before I came into work I stopped at Neil's! He's our local carpenter! He's going to be able to fix up your house and barns for you! Isn't that great? You just have to worry about getting your fields cleaned up!" She grinned ear to ear, evidently proud of herself for the surprise she had gotten Ariel.

"He said he would swing by and talk to you sometime this week, so you can decide on some details."

Ariel's night went from a small down period to one of a lot of elation when she heard the news about her house being rebuilt. She was very surprised to say the least as it seemed that Lyla was going to pay for the rebuild. Right now, Ariel didn't care who was watching as she could not help herself. Wrapping her arms around Lyla in a very happy hug, tears of joy started to come down from her eyes.

"Oh my... God! You shouldn't have!" She exclaimed in her joys. "I don't.know how to thank you. Maybe you can help to offer a suggestion?" she asked as she was very speechless at the moment. "Maybe a good drink or a walk across town?" She suggested, not sure if Lyla can take a walk outside or not just yet.

Right now, Ariel felt like she was on Cloud Nine and the reason for that wonderful feeling was looking at her right straight into her own deep eyes with very alluring brown eyes of her own. Yes, this was definitely the start of something very special in Ariel's mind.

Lyla couldn't help but to laugh softly as Ariel was moved practically to tears by the news. Her dainty arms wrapped around the other girl, hugging her back happily before Ariel went on to talk about repayment. She would hear none of it! It was a gift from the whole town! "You don't owe me anything!" She laughed softly again, "really! We want you and your farm to succeed! It's important to this town! Everything used to revolve around that farm.." She wished she could make Ariel fully understand what that farm meant to the town when it was still lively. It practically doubled their economy, people even visited their little island from time to time..

"Well maybe a walk through town would be nice." Lyla reasoned coyly, taking Ariel's hand and giving it a soft rub before she stood, smoothing her skirt down as she did so. "It's not like we have any business around here anyway, besides, I want to show you the town square." Just the mention of it caused a large grin to cross her face.

"Come on!"

Lyla waved Ariel on so they could leave the inn. She instantly felt the weight of Ana dropping off her shoulders once she was gone. She looked around the darkened streets, before she began walking. "So tell me why you decided to take over the farm." Lyla prompted gently as they began to talk, Lyla sticking notably close to Ariel. The dark always kind of scared her, the shadows seemed to have a mind of their own.

Ariel had no idea how important her farm was to this town until now. At first, she thought that it was a good investment to fix up but now, she was starting to see the importance of her farm to this town... and it was way more than she could ever imagine. Now, she started to see how important she was to this town so if she was to play the role of celebrity, so be it.

Feeling Lila's hand on her own, that sweet touch sent very sweet tingles up and down her spine. Just to see and feel Lila close to her made Ariel feel very giddy and happy. Her own love life was a disaster but maybe... maybe there could be a chance with Lila? She had to remember to take things slow and the most important thing not to do was screw up a good thing. So far, Lila was starting to be a good thing and she was going to do anything to prevent this good thing from leaving her... at least on this night.

Looking back down at Lila, she noticed that Lila seemed to relax a lot more. She figured that the asshole of a boyfriend had a lot to do about the tensions that Lila had been holding inside of her. Her own curly hair blew in the small brisk breeze that swept them from side to side but not enough of a breeze for them to be toppled over. Feeling Lila moving closer to her, she could not help but to wrap an arm around Lila as if to comfort her and tell her that things were going to be all right. Hearing the question, Ariel let out a soft sigh at first as she began retelling her journey to the island.

"At first, there were two reasons why I wanted to take over the farm. The first was that I saw the farm as a challenge. My entire family are farmers and I wanted to prove to my father that I could take care of something special on my own. I love him to death but he kept bringing me down when I wasn't doing something right in his eyes... and unfortunately, the last straw came when I told him something about myself that I knew of most of my entire life." She explained as a soft breeze came across them, moving Ariel's hair more towards the walking Lila tickling her unexpectedly.

"The second reason was that I was in a bad relationship and wanted to get as far away as possible from the bad memories. It was horrible and I should have seen the signs coming from... her." She paused for just a bit to let Lila sink in that last word. "She wasn't physically abusive but the words that came out of her mouth were very hurtful and painful. I finally had to break us up and move away before I lost my sanity so I used up most of the money that I saved up, bought the farm and went away from home... maybe for good but we'll see. So far, I want to stay here but I am still not sure at this point." She finished as she hoped that this was something that Lila could comprehend and maybe share a story of her own with her.

Ariel's arm slipping around her, as if to protect her, made her feel safe. The darkness suddenly didn't seem so dark and she couldn't help but to grin a bit cheekily, like a child. She squeezed her shoulders slightly and shifted into Ariel just slightly as she prepared to hear Ariel's story. The weather on the island at this time of the year was relatively nice. It wasn't too hot, nor too cold. Yet at night there was just enough of a brisk chill to drive bumps up the spine. Lyla had to admit that she had those bumps.

Lyla nodded with Ariel's story in understanding. She could understand how it would be difficult to grow up with a harsh, opinionated father. So this was Ariel's way of proving herself to her father, she totally understood that. Lyla was a bit surprised when she found that a relationship problem was the second reason she had moved away. Could it have been so bad? To want to move? Lyla was ever the good listener, nodding in understanding as she lead Ariel through the darkly lit streets of the silent town. The last part hit her pretty hard though, her. She had left because her relationship with 'her' had been terribly. She felt a catch in her throat and glanced at Ariel in surprise. Suddenly Ariel's arm around her felt a bit heavy as if it had a new meaning. A blush touched her cheeks and she looked away with an awkward smile.

"That must have been difficult." She agreed softly, but left it at that. She liked Ariel a lot. There was something about her that made her feel secure, she wanted to help Ariel... but things were complicated..

"This is where you came to the island." Lyla steered the conversation away from Ariel's ex as they entered the beach. The large dock to the side was where they got cargo ships in on occasion, the rest of it was just a lazy beach. The waves rolled to the shore, sensually caressing the sand and receding as if some sort of lover's game. The beach was just a little more brisk than the rest of the island, but the sight of the endless ocean and the sparkling stars was worth it for her. "I love coming to the beach, it's quiet.." Lyla paused with Ariel to stand on the shore, looking out over the ocean.

"I've thought about leaving too." She glanced at Ariel again, finally dipping into her own story. "I don't really feel like I belong here. And I don't, I don't think.. there's nothing here for me."

Ariel did notice the blush and the sudden turning away from Lyla... so much that it could have some benefits down the road. Yes, Ariel was attracted to Lyla but she wanted to make sure that the attraction was returned in spades... and then some before making the next step.

She was glad that Lyla turned the conversation away from her ex. If she ever spoke about her ex again, she would wish that she would have run away yet again. Her thoughts were distracted by the beauty of the beach. When she arrived at the island, Ariel never had the chance to take in the beauty of this beach but now, she thought that it was one of the most beautiful things that she saw in her life. "It is very beautiful." She admitted as it seemed to give Lyla an opening to tell her own story.

"There is always something for everyone... or maybe someone for everyone. Maybe we haven't found her yet... or maybe we have but we don't realize it yet." She reasoned as she added on one more thing. "One thing is very certain for me. If you do leave this island, it will be one boring place to live." She added as she looked into Lyla's eyes and then back out towards the sea hoping that Lyla would get the small hint.

Lyla looked at Ariel, surprised again, when she mentioned maybe they hadn't 'found her' yet. For a moment she watched Ariel silently but finally looked back to the ocean with that small blush still tainting her cheeks. "Ariel..." she murmured softly as she mentioned that the island would be a boring place without her. "Don't say that... there are plenty of people on the island to make things interesting.." She smiled but the smile was faint. It was clear that the topic at hand was a sensitive one for her.

As for Ariel, her subtle advances had not gone unnoticed. She did pick up on them, but who would have thought that another gay woman would move to the island? She had dedicated herself to Ana, whether he deserved it or not. It was clear to her that Ana was not right to her, and it was clear to her that Ariel had a wonderful heart and she knew what she wanted but what was right? That was an answer she didn't have...

"Haven't you ever felt trapped, Ariel?" Lyla asked softly finally as she released a deep breath. The waves rolled closer to them at that point, threatening to get their shoes wet. "I feel it more... every day.."

For Ariel, being trapped was an entire way of life before she came to the island. Letting out a very soft sigh, she reached out her hand towards Lyla hoping that she would take it within her own hand. "Before I came to the island, I felt trapped in nany ways. I felt trapped in not revealing my true self and my feelings. Yes, I am sure that you realize it now but I am a lesbian. I always have been but it took me all the way until two years ago to tell my father that. He didn't take that news too well, especially when he saw me kissing my ex Dawn. That broke the straw with him so, I was pretty much asked to keave the farm back home."

She took another look at the ocean while feeling her boots getting a little wet as she continued on. "Dawn, was another thing that trapped me vack home. I wanted to keave her dor a long time but I didn't have the courage to tell her that we weren't right for each other. I... finally broke our relationship right before I came here to the island." She admitted as she looked back at Lyla and into her eyes. "So yes , I have been trapped more than you realize... and I can guess that it is Ana that is trapping you?" She asked, hoping that she made the right guess.

Lyla looked at Ariel's hand as she offered it and took it relatively without thought. She gave the woman's hand a squeeze as they stood their on the beach, a sight for sore eyes for sure. Ariel had so much courage coming to the island, coming out to her father and leaving her ex, Lyla couldn't help but to feel protected when Ariel held her hand. She couldn't help it, she just wanted to be so close to Ariel.. she had never felt that way about anyone before..

Lyla tensed quite a bit when Ariel made a 'wild guess' as to who was making her feel trapped. Ana was a source of tension and discomfort for her naturally. She didn't want to disown him, but at the same time she couldn't lie.. "Ana..." She began to explain but had to pause so she could figure out exactly what she was trying to say. "It's complicated... Ana and I used to be the youngest people on the island. It was kind of like, everyone was pushing us together. Like it made so much sense to them that they made it make sense to me too... Ana is not what I would want, if I had a choice.. but it is the hand I have been given, and so I think of leaving. Surely there is more out there for me. Surely I can do more besides wait at a bar... maybe I could be an actress..." She smiled softly at the thought. But it was a fleeting thought.

"I don't know."

Feeling Lyla's hand on her own, Ariel started to feel those warm and fuzzy feelings again as she really hoped that Lyla was feeling the same way. She was not about to rush things but it seemed that having Lyla talk about Ana made Lyla feel tense and uncomfortable. "I can see it now... Your name up in lights on the silver screen... with a very special admirer being with you every step of the way." She imagined as the brisk breeze gave her some small goose bumps.

Shivering a bit, Ariel couldn't help but to think of the future as well. She wanted the best for Lyla and she wanted the farm to succeed as well but in order for them to live out their dreams, something seemed to have to give. "How about you and I take a trip off the island sometime... like a little mini vacation to see if life off the island is right for you. I am sure that the farm can hold off for a few days or so. What do you say?" She offered as an alternative in hopes of trying to help Lyla feel better and get comfortable while being away from the prying eyes of the people on the island.

Lyla couldn't help but to grin softly as Ariel imagined her being some sort of star... it wasn't that Lyla wanted to be famous, persay, she just wanted some kind of purpose besides serving drinks and being target practice for Ana's flying bottles. At this point, it felt as if the only way she would get away from Ana would to be to get off the island and find some sort of purpose worthy of pulling her from her homeland... but then Ariel made that offer, a trip off the island... the thought of it caused butterflies to swarm around in her tummy and she couldn't help but to squeeze Ariel's hand just a little bit tighter.

"Really?" She murmured softly, looking to Ariel. "You would take me off the island?" It was like a fairytale. A distant stranger visits her little spot off the map and offers to show her what the real world was like. But was she really cut out for that world? She wasn't so sure... it was scary to think of...

"Well... you might have to stay off the farm while they're making the repairs to your home and barns.." She reasoned out loud. She couldn't help but to chew just slightly on her lip, anxiously. She wouldn't really be alone, if she had Ariel with her. "I have a little money saved up.." She added softly.

"Would you really take me on a trip like that Ariel?" She turned to look at the woman and in that moment she felt her heart ache. Oh how she wished Ariel had made it to the island just a little bit sooner. Maybe she could have saved her from Ana..

Ariel let out a wide smile as soon as she saw Lyla's enthusiastic reply to her suggestion. Still holding Lyla's hand within her own, her own response was just as enthusiastic.

"Of course! I mean, you said it yourself that I would have to stay away from the farm while the carpenter rebuilds the house and barn... and I would really love to have some wonderful company to join me." She look really excited as she knew that this trip would take at the very least three weeks and maybe more than a month.

"We'll be away from the island for a long while. Is there any particular place that you like to see during the trip?" She asked, trying to get some plans going for the trip ahead.

"No... I.. I never even thought I would be able to go, I never even.. looked!" Lyla was steadily getting more excited as her dream slowly began to seem more reasonable. With Ariel here it seems her horizons were rapidly opening. "Oh, Ariel! Thank you!" She couldn't help it, she grabbed the girl by her shoulders and pulled her close before wrapping her arms around Ariel's sides. She hugged the girl tightly, burying her head in her chest. Her own chest pressed against Ariel's and it was so soft, she couldn't help but notice. A flush crossed her face furiously and she pulled away a bit too quickly.

"I Just want to know what it is like out there." She confided in Ariel softly, regaining composure. "I want to see a big city, where there are so many people you couldn't possibly meet them all!"

Back
Top Bottom