Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Doom of the Union (Causeway / Kurosaru)

causeway25oclock

Supernova
The Union, the greatest empire that Valador had ever seen, was in jeopardy. The prosperous nation, with citizens of both the Free Peoples and Wildlings, was after a century of peace once more at war. From across the Sea of Sorrows, the Soloi had descended like a bitter wind.

Precious little was known about this race of exotic, arcane amazons. Their armies seemed to be made of only women, with grey skin, ram-like horns and whip tails. They were warlike and well-disciplined, as equally capable of besting an army in combat as reigning terror down on unsuspecting villagers. And they were skilled in magic, as well.

The young sorcerer Kyras was one of many who had, either voluntarily or not, joined the Grand Union Army. Beings of all races had signed up to hold this foreign terror at bay.

Their bravery was only matched by the incompetence of their leaders.

The Soloi were dangerous, but the Union had the numbers and resources to hold them at bay. These were wasted, however, because the Grand Union Army could not overcome the politics of the Union. Command went not to merit, but to those who had friends in high places.

And so it was that Kyras was placed under the command of an effete, socialite son of a noble, who was far more suited for the intrigues of noble courts than the battle field. The young fool had blundered his army into a strategic death sentence, and now, on the fields of Plavair, they were all getting slaughtered.

Kyras cursed to himself, flinching as he heard the explosion of a nearby stone. Ducking behind a boulder, he let out a sigh, regretting his decision to try and fight in the war. Instead of being on a battlefield where his skills were put to use, here he was, practically in the firing range for the Soloi, flinging their magics to come blasting down around the army. They were too far away for him to try and use his enchantments on, and the Plains were to open and flat for him to try to sneak towards him, as far as he could tell by his foolish commander's map rendition. The boy had decided to draw the map in the dirt to act dramatic, even going so far as to forget the real map he was supplied at home, in order to be relied upon and looked up to. It just made him seem more idiotic and empty headed, as they had no real direction, and ended up walking straight into the situation they were in now.

The sorcerer turned battlemage glanced around, looking for any of his 'teammates' or his foolish leader, trying to get some sort of direction or instruction, or any hint on how he would be able to survive this whole clusterfuck. He growled as he heard the boulder get battered by a deafening explosion, knocking off nearly half of the stone that was protecting Kyras.

As he looked around, he noticed that, fortunately for him, the Soloi battlemages had begun to relent on their bombardments, apparently deciding that they had expended enough of their arcane might on this regiment. However, whatever relief the young sorcerer had felt was quickly extinguished, as he noticed that the Soloi warriors had begun advancing, their light infantry sweeping over the field, delivering final killing blows to the wounded, and mopping up what little resistance they had left. Kyras saw no sign of either friendly banner nor officer.

What he did see were a pair of Soloi soldiers rapidly approaching his current position.

Ducking back behind the rock, Kyras cursed his misfortune silently. Laying back against the rock, he tried to play dead as he prepared a spell for when they arrived. Preparing his only spell that could affect multiples, he readied the words for Hypnotism for when they would pass by or approach him or a nearby body. Casting his eyes around the clearing, he looked for any other way out of his situation, but was ready for the worst should they come to try and finish him off as well. He could only hope they no longer considered this true 'combat', and just finishing off some helpless foes. Perhaps they would not be prepared for his spell.

1d20+8=12

The trick seemed to have worked, as the pair of young-looking horned women walk past him, in scaled armor and carrying broadswords and wooden shields. They give him one look, and one of them says something dismissive in her alien tongue, causing the other to laugh.

Staying silent, Kyras watched them pass by with lidded eyes. He didn't risk using his spells less one of them somehow resist, or there was another one nearby, not when playing dead worked perfectly fine for now. Holding his breath, he watched them leave, refusing to react to the laughter that was almost obviously directed at him. Casting his eyes around, he looked for a possible place to run after they left, lest another small party come looking as well and not be fooled by his acting. He still prepared the spell in case they decided to make sure he was dead, or he got caught in his attempt to escape.

1d20+1=18

Kyras noticed that there was a small gully running down a hill next to the rock pile he was lying behind. If he could get to it, he could probably crawl along it, too... get somewhere else, he supposed. Not a real obvious way of escape from his current predicament.

Staying silent for a few more moments, the young sorcerer waited till it seemed quiet and like no one was watching. Hoping that he wouldn't be seen, and without any better idea for a way to escape, he silently pushed himself to his feet and dashed into the gully, trying to crawl along it to wherever the destination was. He continued to keep an eye out around him as well, to be wary on anyone trying to sneak up on him, or to find a place of civilization or something to catch his attention or indicate where he might be able to run to, after the gully.

Stealth roll: 1d20+2=22

The young sorcerer dives into the gully, quickly finding himself with a face-full of mud. It is most undignifying, but better than death at the end of a Soloi blade. The battlefield is leagues away from any civilized area; the plan was in fact to decimate the Soloi before they had a chance to reach any settlement.

As well as that went.

Kyras crawled on his belly for... what felt like an hour along the gully bottom. Then, he decided to look up, and saw three Soloi warriors standing on the gully's edge, snickering at him contemptuously.

When he looked up his face fell, even as he felt it flush with embarrassment. That sure didn't work... He held up his hands, trying to ward off any attacks. Letting out a sigh, he said, "Look. I'm caught. Can you not hurt me? Are you able to speak Common?" he asked, hoping to somehow convince them to let him go or not to kill him, even as he glanced around to see if any more were approaching. If not, then he would prepare to cast hypnosis, hopefully catch them in the effects and make them forget his existence.

There did not appear to be any other Soloi nearby; it appeared that the army was moving on.

"I zhink zat maybe ve can vork somezing out, yes?" One of the warriors said in Common with a thick accent. "You are very pretty boy. We zink you might be good fun." She licked her lips, and the other warriors eyed him equally hungrily.

He blinked, not having expected something like that. "Fun how?" he asked hesitantly, quickly adding, "I can guess what you mean, but of course, I want to be sure. I don't really know Soloi customs, so I don't want to do anything wrong..." he babbled, before lowering his hands. "Is the army ok with you staying to have fun with me?" He asked as well.

He then added. "And what will happen after we have 'fun'?"

"Oh, ze sort of fun zat involves you taking off your clothes, of course. And if ve are caught? Our captain may require us to share you wiz our sisters-in-arms. She may even vant to try you out herself... Who knows, you might find yourself a new job... as one of our Grand Army's comfort boys. Now, climb out of zat ditch."

He nodded. He had no idea if he could cast his spell before they beat the breath out of him, he still hadn't gotten enough training to do his spells silently or without moving. He stepped out of the ditch, and then decided to at least enjoy the offer he was getting from the attractive amazons before him. "Very well. Let's have some 'fun' then." he said, as he began to try to strip out of his coat, still somewhat wary of them, but deciding that this was his best shot at survival at such close quarters and such a disadvantage.

As he began to remove his coat, the two warriors who had not spoken common yet begin to make remarks in their language that, despite not knowing the language, were clearly lewd in nature. "You are a very, very pretty boy," the apparent leader of the group said again, and took ahold of Kyras by his neck. "I vant to see your ass..."

He flinched, not quite liking the idea, but being a sorcerer, he was still at the grave disadvantage, especially with her grip around his neck. "Fine." he said, turning to show her his firm ass. "Here." he said, as he hid a glare, wishing he had the power to not have to be submissive or listen to their commands, to make them be his toys. "Why did you want to look?" he asked hesitantly.

She didn't answer, instead she took her hide glove off and gave his ass a hard slap, then firmly grabbed and groped his cheek. "Mmm yes... very nice." She shoved him to the ground. "Very nice indeed," she said, kneeling on his back.

He growled, getting pushed to the ground after having his ass slapped and groped. Letting out a sigh, he decided, "Hey, girls. You don't look like the arcane Soloi that were shooting at my group. Do you ever work with them? Do they know any sexual spells? Because I do, and I can show you it if you give me a chance. I can guarantee it will make this more fun." he bluffed, feeling annoyed and just wanting to leave, memorizing their faces to try and get revenge in the future.

1d20+8=24

Kyras suddenly found a broadsword blade at his throat. "You shoulda kept your mouth shut, witch-boy," the warrior said. "Ve kill enemy spellcasters. Too dangerous. More's the pity, I was really looking forward to fucking you..." She raised her weapon high, preparing to decapitate the young sorcerer then and there.

There was a mighty growl, like a cross between a lion and a tiger, and a mighty figure leapt out from the shadows of the setting sun. She was evidently one of the catfolk from the Valus Mountains in the North, and she swung a mighty greataxe.
liger_female_by_felsus-d3s0x0u.jpg

The Soloi about to execute Kyras barely had time to widen her eyes before the warrior took her head clean off.

Ducking back from the spray of blood, Kyras's eyes opened widely. Taking the moment of surprise, he spun around, facing the other Soloi, and quickly began chanting as he tried to move back, casting hypnotism on them, his waving hand and chanting words making the world blur as he tried to fascinate them with his spell. "Stop moving and ignore us!" He shouted, hoping the words would take effect in their trances if they failed to resist his spell.

Kyras' spell took ahold, and the two remaining Soloi stared at him, their expressions a blank look. The catgirl seemed to calm down a bit from her bloodlust at the sight, moving her axe from preparing to deliver an overhand-chop to a guarded position.

She then looked at you. "Are we safe?"

He glanced around. "I'm not sure. I tried sneaking away, and was caught by them. I could try to cast detect magic to find any possible spellcasters nearby, but otherwise, I have no idea if there are any more. It sounded like these three were alone though." he explained, as he cautiously began to dress again, still keeping the two Soloi in the trance. "Should we finish these two off before they wake from the trance? I was in a rush and forgot to add in that they should forget us. They still remember you decapitating their leader and saving me, but they just can't pay attention to us now. They can still report to their officers about us though."

The catgirl shrugged, and then with a roar, chopped one Soloi's head off, then the others. "Well, now the only folks they'll be reporting to is whatever heathen gods they served. She looked back at Kyras, eyeballing him head to toe as you were still dressing, apparently liking what she saw. "Name's Tabitha Suun. You can call me Tabby, by the way. Since I got to see you naked and all. It was a good thing I found you when I did; sword or not, you would not have lasted long as a Soloi sex slave."

He nodded, face flushing. "Yeah... Well, three attractive women asked me to have 'fun' with them and they were close enough to kill me before I could do the hypnotism to them, at least without a surprise. It became clear just the type of 'fun' though. I don't really like being dommed that much." he said, rubbing his head jokingly. "Thanks again, Tabby. You saved my life, obviously. What were you doing here? Oh, my name is Kyras." he added, smiling at her as he continued to dress.

"What was I doing here? Apparently getting ordered to my grave by some limp-wristed, powder-wigged momma's boy who decided to take the afternoon to play war with the Soloi, at the expense of all our lives. So, basically the same as you, I suspect."

Back
Top Bottom