Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Xana writes (and bitches probably.) Comments Welcome!

Alright, another chapter done, in the knick of time. Think I might adjust my schedule to once a week, since I am back at work now. I need to make an outline for this last section, since I know there is work to be done pacing wise.

Man, this chapter reminds me just how much I love Rielle. It also made me this of this PM I got about a year ago:
TheCorsair said:
We're playing smutty D&D meets Exalted meets Diablo, after all. Not smutty Law and Order: Homebrew Fantasy.
Of course, if we had been playing Smutty Law and Order: Homebrew Fantasy, Rielle definitely would have been the main character.

Resists the urge to add Smutty Law and Order: Homebrew Fantasy to my request thread.

Last edited:
Royal Family
House Camden
Seat of power: Landisford

• Giles Camden: King (69)
  • Velka Pilnova-Camden: Queen (68)
  • Reynart: Crowned Prince. Son of Giles and Velka, Brother to Jane and Atrix (47)
  • Salvia Ellesia-Camden: Crowned Princess, wife of Reynart, Daughter of Guerno Ellesia(45)
  • Ellistair Camden: Reynart and Salvia's Son, Brother to Aevell and Hilda (20)
  • Astrid Helgasdottor-Camden: Ellistair's wife (17)

Dukes:
House Camden
Seat of Power: Archdale
Before the Camden's came to rule Landis, they held the lands between Greenhill and Candor, Archdale.

• Osvir Kalvison (50)
  • Jane Camden: Daughter of Giles and Velka, Sister to Reynart and Atrix (50)
  • Reyne Osvirson-Camden (24)

House Bane
Seat of Power: Candor
In the mountains to the Northwest of Landisford are the lands of House Bane.

• Nevyn Bane (27)
  • Aevell Camden-Bane: Daughter of Reynart and Salvia, Sister to Ellistair and Hilda (24)

House Ellesia
Seat of Power: Streganna
Nestled in the northeast, House Ellesia oversees ports of Landis. A very wealthy house, with a strong navy.

• Guerno Ellesia: Salvia's father. (67)
  • Teodia Bellete-Ellesia: Died in childbirth to Salvia
  • Alodia Cancio-Ellesia: Guerno's third wife. Mother to Sophia. (38)
  • Sofia Ellesia: Guerno and Alodia's daughter, Half-sister to Salvia. Was considered for Ellistair's wife before Astrid. (16)
Bannermen:
House Cancio
House Bellete
House Giodano

• Marquis Dario Giodano - Ostred's Father
  • Ostred: Lord Giodano's bastard, Prince Ellistair's bodygaurd. (21)
  • Lucio Giodano: Ostred's Half brother, heir. (17)

House Stratessa
Seat of Power: Greenhill
To the West of Landisford are the lands of House Stratessa.

• Domuk Stratessa (45)
  • Atrix Camden-Stratessa Daughter of Giles and Velka, Sister to Reynart and Jane(42)

Bannermen:
House Malgrave

• Havian Malgrave (24)
  • Svena Stretessa-Malgrave (22)
  • Svetlana Malgrave (3)

House Faerchester

• Rialen Faerchester (25)
  • Rosa Stratessa-Faerchester: Atrix and Domuk's Daugther. Svena's sister. Heavily Pregnant. (20)

House Pilnova
Seat of Power: Euthoria

• Kanimir Pilnova (54) Velka's younger brother.
  • Ilona Bator-Pilnova (51)
  • Kamil Pilnova Hilda's Husband. (35)
  • Hilda Camden-Pilnova: Kamil's wife Daughter of Reynart and Salvia, Sister to Ellistair and Aevell (17)
  • Harris: Kamil's bastard son. (7)
Bannermen
House Corbin
  • Lord Corbin (57)
  • Lady Pilnova-Corbin: Kamil's sister. (33)

In Line for the Throne
  1. Reynart Camden
  2. Ellistair Camden
  3. Aevell Camden-Bane
  4. Hilda Camden-Pilnova
  5. Jane Camden
  6. Reyne Camden
  7. Atrix Camden-Stretessa
  8. Svena Stretessa-Malgrave
  9. Svetlana Malgrave
  10. Rosa Stretessa-Faerchester

Last edited:
Okay, well that took forever. Mostly because I couldn't bring myself to work on it, my anxiety nearly convincing me it wasn't worth the effort. But my beta readers have been mostly positive, and have pointed out that I have some good stuff going on here, and that has given me the confidence to forge forward once more. Really happy I managed to keep the blood soaked sex scene, because that is such a great scene. :blush: Hoping I can get back to once a week chapters, if not twice a week chapters. I am in the home stretch now!

Last edited:
I may have to go back to playing Final Fantasy 14.

Inside the Brothels of Final Fantasy 14

Tepe led me into the mansion and as the doors opened, five courtesans perched on a table slowly revealed themselves, each wearing uniforms matching Tepe’s. “How may we help you?” one said. The brothel was in service. In that two-hour window, Tepe explained, “people can come in with scarcely a waiting period” to visit whichever of Tepe’s 40 courtesans were online. Clients staying for thirty minutes would pay half the 100,000 gil fee upfront. Downstairs, dozens of private rooms designed by those same courtesans, in the style of a wooded hot tub enclave or a luxury hotel room, were available for intimate affairs.

Alright, getting my confidence back, and pushing back through this. It's really not as bad as I keep thinking it is. I figured out an issue with this section, which might have been holding me back in the first place. Not much happens during the trip from the temple to Monsford, especially for how dangerous the demonlands are supposed to be. Now, instead of being plot hole or inconsistency, its foreshadowing. Hydranes is leading an army towards the ten kingdoms after all, and has likely conscripted all the demons in the region into her service. Now I just have to take the time to place hints and pieces in the next few chapters, so that the characters know somethign is off or wrong, but not what or why.

Hoping to have book one done by Christmas. I know I keep giving myself deadlines and not meeting them, but I am feeling more confident that I can finish now. Seven (or eight?) chapters to go!

Last edited:
Alright, another chapter done. Seven to go, I think? Five more chapters proper, an epilogue and a prologue I still need to write. Still hoping I can finish this before the year lets out.

Decided to tell this chapter from Matthias' perspective, since it's been awhile since he had his own chapter. Plus it contains my favorite line, and that was only possible from within Matthias' mind. I think it worked well, and I added in some extra Matthias and Aurianna dialogue, expanding the world building a bit and continuing the foreshadowing towards the demon invasion of Monsford.

Last edited:
Got the best compliment today:

gRztgKQ.png

♥♥♥♥♥♥

I need to get this draft done!

Quendia AU Drabbles
I guess I need some "happily ever after" for these two. Or at least some "happy for now".

The gas was heavy. A strange thing for gas to be, but each breath filled Kaydia’s lungs with lead and dread. She’d be lighter when she awoke, after they cut out the piece that Quentin left in her. Desperately, she clung to conscious, clung to last connection to her husband, clung to the heartbeat that pulsed in time with her own. Calling on the force to cleanse the gas from her lung, Kaydia reached for her husband once more.

“Relax,” a familiar voice spoke, distorted by the haze of sedation, “everything is going to be fine.” With a massive effort, like struggling against the pull of a tidal wave, she managed to look in that direction. A doctor hovered over her, face covered by a surgical mask, leaving only eyes exposed. Blue-green eyes, igniting hope within her. “Let go. We are going to take good care of you both.” Before she could determine whether his voice was real or the remnant of her dreams, she felt a comforting presence in her mind. I promise.

Questions and worries and doubts faded into the nether. It didn’t matter what happened to her. Mara would be safe.

Made another graphic
Cx6thbG.png

That is a sharp Star Wars image. Very evocative, and I love the way they’re both in shadow. The ominous cloaked figure in the background as well.

I will say that I don’t think we need to give up on the idea of a happy ending for Quentin and Kaydia. It’ll just take longer than expected. Much longer.

Okay, so that chapter sort of kicked my ass. Why did those idiots have to have sex for so long? It wasn't even that much! Whatever, It's finally fucking done (like Matthias and Ari) and I can move onto the next chapter. Which is the scene that originally preceded this one. But I decided that the blood rain is a sign Hydranes is close, so if they think Hydranes is close by they aren't going to waste time having prolonged kinky sex in the woods. And I wanted to keep this sex scene, since it demonstrates the building trust before Ari and Matthias.

Anyways, I think this worked well. The next chapter is going to be a bitch too, but the ones after it are in pretty good shape. Still hoping to wrap this up in the next week. Getting past this chapter was a great confidence booster.

In personal news, I decided my resolution for the coming years was to get more involved in the indie writer community. Pushing myself to interact more, offering critiques and validation, instead of expecting it to come to me without effort. Creating the positivity I want to see in the world.

Last edited:
Alright, another chapter done! This one needed a lot of reworking, but I think it's much stronger now. Instead of merely providing expostion, it builds tension and foreshadows the event to come in the next chapter.

Looks like next chapter will be the first chapter Clara gets all to herself. That should begin setting her as a protagonist in the next book. I looked it over, and it already looks to be in pretty good shape, so hopefully I can turn it around in the next day or so. Three chapters and an epilogue left! Though, I still need to write a prologue and I have no idea how that will look.

This will get done, eventually.

Last edited:
I don't , I think I still need to fix the beginning, but I have no idea. I just want to be done. I have been getting some really positive feedback lately, and that has felt so great.

Last edited:
How about this:

There were shadows on the horizon. Long, low-hanging clouds that spanned the horizon, obscuring the distant mountains. Or, perhaps fog. The clouds seemed to rise from the ground, after all. But the weather was all wrong to be fog, and Matthias was convinced there was something more to them. He'd been watching them since the sun was low in the morning sky, watching ever since the three of them had cleared the treeline, and they just didn't look right. Finally, shading his eyes, he slowed his horse to take a better look. Surely it was just clouds. It had to be.

"What is it?" Clara asked, slowing her own mount. "Do you see something?" Her hand fell to the broadsword that hung at her hip..

"I..." Matthias temporized, trying to decide. "I think so... yes..." Details came into focus, revealing the silhouette of a vast host on the move. He stared, silent, and then gasped. "Fuck me. It's an army."

TheCorsair said:
How about this:

There were shadows on the horizon. Long, low-hanging clouds that spanned the horizon, obscuring the distant mountains. Or, perhaps fog. The clouds seemed to rise from the ground, after all. But the weather was all wrong to be fog, and Matthias was convinced there was something more to them. He'd been watching them since the sun was low in the morning sky, watching ever since the three of them had cleared the treeline, and they just didn't look right. Finally, shading his eyes, he slowed his horse to take a better look. Surely it was just clouds. It had to be.

"What is it?" Clara asked, slowing her own mount. "Do you see something?" Her hand fell to the broadsword that hung at her hip..

"I..." Matthias temporized, trying to decide. "I think so... yes..." Details came into focus, revealing the silhouette of a vast host on the move. He stared, silent, and then gasped. "Fuck me. It's an army."

That works pretty well, actually. :blush: I even went back and fixed a previous chapter where I made a similar mistake. Thanks!

~*~
Alright, another chapter done, not much editing needed. One more and an epilogue to go! And this next one is already half edited, so hopefully I can have it up in the next couple days. I have some ideas for the prologue I want to write, likely from Matthias POV.

Speaking of Matthias, now that I have finally begun to find an audience for this book, he is emerging as a fan favorite. Not surprising, really. He is an incredibly compelling character with a fascinating journey.

Last edited:
Speaking of Matthias, now that I have finally begun to find an audience for this book, he is emerging as a fan favorite. Not surprising, really. He is an incredibly compelling character with a fascinating journey.

He also gets some of the best lines in the story, up to this point at least. I had a whole lot of fun writing him.

To tell the truth, though, Clara ended up being my favorite character (although see below) as we started seeing her take center stage in Monsford. I’ll be curious to see how the broader fan base responds to her evolution.

Further thoughts: on considering detection, I don’t know that I have a single favorite. The unexpectedly ensemble cast really played off each other perfectly - I’d love to see more of Justine and her wife, and Arielle, and the Mayor and her husband, and even of those scouts. So many stories, so little time.

TheCorsair said:

He also gets some of the best lines in the story, up to this point at least. I had a whole lot of fun writing him.

To tell the truth, though, Clara ended up being my favorite character (although see below) as we started seeing her take center stage in Monsford. I’ll be curious to see how the broader fan base responds to her evolution.

Further thoughts: on considering detection, I don’t know that I have a single favorite. The unexpectedly ensemble cast really played off each other perfectly - I’d love to see more of Justine and her wife, and Arielle, and the Mayor and her husband, and even of those scouts. So many stories, so little time.
I was just thinking about writing a series of one-shots with side characters in the world. One with Mykel(Sr) and Lyara, one with Rielle and Matthias, one with Rielle, Mykel and eventually Aurianna. I just had the inkling of an idea for Justine and Cassi. Too many interesting ideas to write, not nearly enough time or energy.

~*~

And I finally finished this second draft. Woo! Only took me nearly a year. :-/ There is still so much more to be done (two more books, another draft or two), but dammit, I am taking this victory.

tumblr_o7b9tlNovz1qg0bnzo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Me: Hey Muse, I owe a bunch of replies. Think you could help me out a bit?
Muse: Eh, I don't know. I want a new story instead.
Me: No, I already have more than I can handle. Which one can we knock out real quick?
Muse: Or, hear me out here, we can contemplate an AU of Silken Siren that takes place in the Wild West, after the end of the Civil War.
Me: What?
Me:...
Me: Actually, that could work out pretty well.

So, Aurelia was an escaped slave who ended up volunteering to spy for the Union during the war. Fayette masqueraded as a man to fight for the Union, earning distinctions before she is captured by the Confederates. Aurelia finds her, Helps break her out, and the two lead a revolt among the slaves on this particular plantation, freeing 500 slaves and helping turn the tide for the Union.

After the War, Aurelia, Fayette and a handful of other freed slaves head out west and develop a settlement around Aurelia's extremely successful brothel with Fayette as Sheriff. Most of the rest of the cast would fit well, except Yusef and a handful of others.

Me: Okay Muse, now that we got that out of my system, think we can tackle some posts?

Hoping to have Chapter 1 of book two up by Sunday. Not that I've done anything but separate out a couple chapters and get frustrated by trying to plan out the first third of the book, but I am hopeful, if not confident. Still, need a name. Leaning towards To Beseech the Godslayer, but I am not sure how much I like that one. I rather like To Punch the Godslayer but that might be too much of a spoiler alert.

Cool. And now, I have to play! Let’s see...

Gwynn’s a radicalized Irish immigrant to New York during the Great Potato Famine. She made a living through a mixture of prostitution, armed robbery, and blackmail before joining Bráithreachas na bhFíníní (the Fenian Brotherhood). She was forced to flee west in the aftermath of the short-lived Fenian capture of Firt Erie in 1866.

Fayette Kimball (adding in to your ideas) is a Mormon from the Utah territories, and part of the reason she disguised herself as a man and enlisted was to escape the polygamous marriage she’d been forced into at the age of 14 as the sixth wife to a man in his firties. Legally speaking her wedding night wasn’t rape, but only because it was her duty to submit to her husband - even if that submission came from being concussed and held down. It took two years to escape Matthias Kimball, and enlisting got her out of Utah before his Church connections (he’s a Danite and a member of the Quirum of the Seventy) brought her back again. She was captured in her second battle, and life in a Confederate prison camp went from bad to hellish when it became known she was a woman. (Yeah. Her past is shit in any version of the story.)

Yusef is Santiago José de Sucre, grandson of the Bolivian revolutionary Antonio José de Sucre y Alcalá. He’s a mercenary that served Mexico during the Segunda intervención francesa en México before finding himself unemployed in 1866 and turning to banditry.

Karim’s a French-educated son of a minor official from Ottoman Egypt. He served in the Army of the Second Republic until he was court marshalled for “conduct unbefitting an officer” (he was discovered to be having affairs with his commanding officer’s wife, daughter, and mother) and fled to New Irkeans to avoid being murdered (by his CO and his CO’s son in law). He met José Sucre there and joined his mercenary unit.

Ban Itoku is Chinese, and came to California in 1853 to seek his fortune. Gold mining didn’t pan out, and he drifted east after killing three white prospectors (it was self-defense, but the courts wouldn’t have cared). Eventually he met up with José.

Rudain is still a demon.

...I need to stop. This is sounding really cool.

Seeing as Siren has the reincarnation element to it, no reason the characters can’t get reincarnated across worlds. It could be the sequel to Siren.

Senzang and Aurelia are both house slaves on the same plantation, as well as Igama, Safia, Nehime. Senzang taught Aurelia to read and write in secret. They have something of surrogate father/daughter relationship in this version.

Aurelia is pregnant at 16, the child father by either the plantation owner or one of his sons. Doesn’t matter to her, she still loves her child. (1859)
When the Civil War breaks out, and Aurelia flees the plantation with her young son. Under the cover of chaos granted by the fighting, she reaches the North and is offered safety for her child if she agrees to spy for the Union. She allows herself to be captured and brought back to her master.

Nishi and Kiyone fled Japan after the fall of the shogunate. Initially, they went to China, but found it unwelcoming during the famine and tried their luck in California instead. Amira and Amaravati become Lakota natives Zitkala and Ciqala, who are tired of being shuffled from one reservation to the next, and set off on their own.

We need to hurry up and finish Siren, so we can work on this version of it.

Back
Top Bottom