Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sistehood of Brion // HP // Vahildr&GingerCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahildr

Moon
The Sisterhood of Brion (pronounced Bree-ahn) is made up of both male and female members, and are all witches and wizards who find they are out of touch with the Otherworld and with Nature. Their main practice is Druidism, with close relation to Morrigan.

Also known as Morrigu, Morrigan is a triad Goddess; Macha, Badb, and Neman being her triad, and all are said to be blood thirsty. She was the High Queen and goddess of the Tuatha de Danann.

As Macha, she is the goddess of war and fertility who takes the shape of a crow.

As Badb she is the water-goddess whose sacred well is a source of knowledge.

As Nemhain, she is the goddess of war and battle.

A triple Goddess of the Valkyries, exalting in battle frenzy, chaos, and the gore of slaughter, The Morrigan has a particular role of choosing who will be slain in battle; selecting, severing from the body, and guiding to the afterworld the spirits of fallen warriors. She has, however, many and diverse aspects and functions.

She has been closely associated with water in general, and rivers in particular. She seems in this latter aspect to be a chooser of the slain as well, in that she is seen by those whose fate it is to die in an upcoming battle as a crone, washing their clothing beside a river.

Their leader is a pair: a High Priestess (HPS) and a High Priest (HP), and there is a council of four members who call the quarters.

The Sisterhood has a set of rulings that must be followed:

1. Anyone who wishes to join our ranks may do so.

2. Guests are allowed to any function, be it ritual, celebration, or meeting.

3. Each member must bring one item - tangible or knowledge - to every meeting to share.

4. A member can only be removed by majority vote.

5. Every member has a say in how and when rituals are created and performed.

6. A personal grimore or book of shadows is required.

7. Moving up within our ranks is encouraged, and learning and teaching is as well.

Ranking System:

The ranks - from highest to lowest - is as follows:

-High Priest/Priestess

-Council of Four

-Third Degree

-Second Degree

-First Degree

-Initiate

-Friend/Guest of the Sisterhood

Ranks are gained through learning about one's chosen path and studying the world around them. Their are requirements to reach different ranks within our group.

Rank Descriptions:

-Friend or Guest of the Sisterhood; Guests and honored friends who are unsure as to if they want to take the leap into the path of Druidism. They are allowed to take part in ceremonies and meetings, though they are not permitted to join in and do ritual work. Guests and friends are encouraged to learn and ask questions.

-Initiate; New students and practitioners. Once you formally join the Sisterhood, you receive a white cord, signifying your new path. You are allowed to come to celebrations, rituals, and meetings, but like friends and guests, you will not be permitted to do ritual work. At the end of your learning period, traditionally a year and a day, you will be required to come before the Sisterhood and share what you have learned. Some requirements for becoming a First Degree are starting a grimore or book of shadow, writing their dedication ritual, and researching a topic of interest like divination or herbalism.

-First Degree; At this rank, a member is given a yellow cord and a bronze pendant bearing the Sisterhood's symbol. The yellow cord represents your journey into your new path, and life. First Degree members are permitted to take part in rituals. A witch or wizard can work to reach the rank of Second Degree by mentoring an Initiate and becoming adept in their field of interest, among other things.

-Second Degree; The last rank that one must complete tasks to receive, Second Degree members are given a red cord. Red signifies your passion for path and that you have taken the steps to become a Priest or Priestess of the Sisterhood.

-Third Degree; Unlike the First and Second Degrees, Third Degree individuals are chosen specially by the HP/HPS. This rank is given to those who show promise, and who have shown a desire to learn and grow in their path. They receive a green cord, signifying their dedication to the Goddess Morrigan, their course of study, and the Sisterhood.

-The Council of Four; These are Third Degree witches and wizards who have been hand picked to represent and call the Quarters. Their turn lasts four months and at the end of those days, they pass their knowledge onto a new Council. Council members are given cords and silver pendants and circlets depending on their element: garnet for fire, emerald for earth, amber for air, and sapphire for water. The pendants have a piece of the stone set into the silver.

-High Priestess and High Priest; The leading members of the Sisterhood, the pair leads the group during rituals, celebrations, and meetings. They make decisions regarding rulings and are who a lower-ranked member should talk to if they have a problem.

A HP/S can hold term for up to four years. And each individual is hand picked from the previous pair.

The High Priestess receives a rose gold pendant with Morrigan's symbol on it, a circlet, and a black and silver cord, and The High Priest receives a matching yellow gold pendant, a circlet and a black and gold cord. Silver representing the female spirit and gold representing male, while black represents a wearers pride at their status, in this case as the HP/S.

--

High Priestess - Lady Verida is a motherly woman who used to teach at a Wizarding primary school before she took her calling as the founding High Priestess of The Sisterhood of Brion. She is stocky, used to hard work and her hands are calloused. Her skin is fair, almost fawn in color, and her blue eyes are a startling contrast to her curly red hair. Her hair is shoulder-length and curly, held back with a leather tie.

High Priest - Lord Brenwyn is a tall, thin, willowy individual who is soft spoken and wise. He is Lady Verida's wife, and works in the herbalist shop they own. He is knowledgable on the healing properties of herbs and how to devise tea blends to heal. He has smooth ivory skin and shoulder-length black hair, with kind, dark brown eyes.

Council of Four;
Fire - Scathatch represents the element of fire aptly. The blood of the Celts runs through her veins, and she was raised on the stories of the Tuatha de Danann. Alabaster skin and mid-back length dark red-orange hair give her the appearance of being wild as the fire she represents, while her green eyes hint at a hidden, softer side. She is outspoken and never willing to let a bully win.

Water - Luna represents the ever changing tides of water, and the connection that the moon and water hold. Pale-gold hair falls to nearly her waist, and is most-often pulled into a tight braid, with beads woven in. Her eyes are inquisitive and grey. She is eccentric and unwilling to let others tell her what to do.

Air - Kestrial is easy going and free-spirited. Copper skin, brown-black and dark, reddish-black hair give him the appearance of being akin to the bird he takes his name from, and his beaked nose adds to the look. He's tall and gangly

Earth - Malek's rough exterior and protectiveness comes from his dislike of those trying to put down others. Underneath that, is a quiet-yet-enthusiastic wizard. He is built with strength over speed in mind, and has toffee-colored skin, with pale brown eyes and short, black hair.

Third Degree;
Tyrell is a pixie of a boy, always hopping around and never still. Ebony skin with patches of ivory cover his body, the most noticeable, a mask across his eyes. He has a laughing, bright brown gaze and short brown hair. He is biologically female, but identifies as male. He has been chosen to train as the next High Priest.

Second Degree;
Nova's silver-white hair and porcelain skin make her a stand-out among the Sisterhood. Her eyes are a pale, cloudy blue. She is blind, due to a potions accident during school. She's quiet and demure, but willing to be a friend. She has been chosen to train as the next High Priestess.

First Degree;
Magnus is one of the youngest members of the Sisterhood, though he doesn't look it. With a dark sorrel complexion and black hair and grey eyes, he is wise beyond his years. He still goes to Hogwarts, and is in his fourth year, as a Slytherin. He has a big interest in wand lore.

Initiate;
Ronan is the newest Student, and began coming to meetings with his older brother, Magnus. He is at Hogwarts as well, a third year Gryffindor, and like his brother, is interested in wand lore. The same sorrel skin and black hair grace his features, though Ronan's eyes are a dark brown, not grey.

Luna Lovegood toyed with the sealed envelope in her hands, a bit nervous about the task at hand.

Normally, the eccentric witch wouldn't care what another said, but this was one of her best friends, and unlike those who didn't really matter, Luna did care about Hermione's stance on different things.

Which, of course, why the eccentric witch was waiting patiently for her friend at The Leaky Cauldron, dressed for warmth, and wanting to talk: something they hadn't been able to do in a long time.

Then again, Luna mused, I do have motive for talking with her today...

Since the Battle of Hogwarts - more accurately, a year before the battle, Luna had joined The Sisterhood of Brion, and worked her way up through the ranks.

They believed that modern witches and wizards were out of touch with the Natural, Old Magicks that made up the world, and the Ravenclaw found that she connected with the path she had chosen.

That's why she was waiting for Hermione: she wanted to invite her friends to the All Hallow's Eve celebration and ritual that the Sisterhood held.

She fingered the set of pendents around her neck: one, a bronze Raven and the second a silver and sapphire charm with a water-themed design.

She was dressed warmly for the brisk fall day, in a long, grey patchwork skirt, black leather riding boots and a sky blue turtleneck sweater, a patchwork bag over her shoulder.

Luna slipped the invitation into the bag and waved, spotting the bushy-haired Gryffindor student, hoping to catch her attention.

"Great to see you Luna" Hermione said after walking into the Leaky Cauldron and taking a few moments to spot the girl with the long blonde hair sitting at the table in the corner waving her arm.

It had been 2 years since the final battle and 6 months since Hermione had seen Luna. Last Hermione had heard Luna was hiking around the country looking for some magical animal that Hermione was sure didn't exist but that Luna seemed equally sure did exist.

They still saw the world in different ways. Hermione was very logical and had a difficult time believing something unless she could read about it in a book. Luna on the other hand seemed to accept things on blind faith sometimes which Hermione always found confusing as she could not understand how anyone could do that and be happy.

Still despite these things Hermione had progressed a lot since 5th year when she was outright rude to Luna and showed contempt for Luna's ideas. These days Hermione considered Luna to be a good friend, someone that she really trusted and someone she wanted to see happy. Hermione may not think any of the creatures Luna often talked about were real but she would love to be proven wrong simply so Luna could be happy having discovered them.

"So how have you been" Hermione said smiling as she sat down at the same table as the blonde haired girl?

Luna smiled as Hermione sat down across from her, and the blonde picked up the cup of tea that she had ordered, and had been brought just moments before Hermione had arrived.

The blend was curious: lavender, rose hip, and mint, and Luna breathed in the calming scents.

"It is good to see you as well, Hermione! Things have been splendid! I just got back from Scotland. My father told of stories of a huge sea monster living in one of the Lochs, and I can't pass up the chance, can I?"

Luna Lovegood, upon graduating from Hogwarts, had become a Magizoologist, one of the top in her field, and she had traveled many places in search of unusual creatures and the like, and she enjoyed her travels, but being home was a chance for her to see everyone again.

"I think I've found my niche at last, and I'm happy with where I am."

She set down the teacup and toyed with the charms again, suddenly nervous.

"That sounds great" Hermione said honestly "I knew you would" she said knowing how smart Luna is. She had no idea what sort of job Luna would get after Hogwarts even after being in the same year as her when they both went back to Hogwarts after Voldemort had been defeated.

When Hermione finished her year at Hogwarts in the same year as Luna and Ginny she immediately got a job working at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Her position was entry level but along with Ron's salary as a trainee Auror they were able to afford a small place together in London. She could not wait until she was in a position where she could influence actual policy. After Dobby helped save her at the Malfoy Manor, sacrificing himself, Hermione thought it was her duty to make the lives of all house elves better.

"Butterbeer please" Hermione said to the waiter who quickly left to grab her order. It was rather cold today and she thought a warm butterbeer would be just what she needed.

"So not that I am complaining as I love seeing you again but why did you call me out of the blue" Hermione said. Perhaps Luna wanted help finding the Lochnes Monster that Hermione thought Luna might be referring to. She did not think it existed and that it was just a muggle story but she was not quite as prepared to instantly dismiss the notion like she would have a few years earlier.

"I actually wanted to invite you and the others to a celebration of sorts," Luna said, jumping right in, despite her nerves.

She took another small sip of the calming tea and smiled brightly at Hermione.

"During my time at Hogwarts, while you, Ron, and Harry were finishinf Dumbledore's final mission, I found a small group that I really connected with. I formally joined them, and I truly find that I'm where I'm meant to be."

Luna pulled the invitation out of her bag, setting it down.

"You are Muggleborn. I'm sure you have heard of the Irish lore... The Celtic Pantheon and Druidry and the like..."

She paused, almost wary of continuing.

"The group I joined is a group of us, witches and wizards who feel that we have lost connection with our roots. With the original Magic-users... The Ancient Druids, and their abilities to work in harmony with Nature."

Hermione was somewhat surprised to hear this. She had never been a religious person, in fact since joining the magical she had become even more sure of that because all signs of miracles that the muggle religious texts mentioned could have very easily just been a witch or wizard. To a muggle magic could easily seem like an act from some sort of god.

She did know a bit about druidism though, only a bit but from what she knew a version of that seemed like a good fit for Luna.

Picking up the invitation she saw that Luna wanted her to come to a meeting. Seeing this Hermione felt some mixed emotions. On the one hand she was really happy that Luna trusted her enough to talk about this, clearly it was very difficult for her to do so, but on the other hand Hermione was a bit worried that Luna was trying to convert her. She didn't think Luna would do that but she was not sure.

"I have heard of groups like that" Hermione said "and if you find what you are looking for in this group then I fully support it" she said and then she paused for a moment and deciding she was not going to bring up her slight reservations "I would love to come with Ron if you want us to" Hermione said with a smile.

Luna sighed softly, a bit in relief. She had been expecting the worst from the anylitical witch.

"Members are allowed to bring guests to celebrations, and as All Hallow's Eve is getting closer, we have something going on then.

She glanced up at her friend and smiled slightly. "I'm not trying to get you to join us or anything like that. I just find that celebrations are best spent with friends and family... And you are basically my family."

She brushed her hair back, pushing a strand behind her ear.

"Speaking of Ron, how have the two of you been?"

She knew they had started living together, and Luna was glad that they had finally realized their feelings for each other.

Hermione relaxed considerably when Luna told her the reason why she wanted herself and Ron to come to the event and she could not keep the smile off her face at the thought that Luna considered her family. She did not know until then that it would be important to her but apparently it was.

"Ron and I have been great" Hermione said enthusiastically. "I mean the flat we are staying in is small as we are both earning so little with our jobs but I love living with him, falling asleep next to him and then waking up in the morning next to him" Hermione said and even though she loved Harry like a brother she also loved the privacy she and Ron now possessed, that they could act like a true couple.

"Assuming it is on a day that we can both get to the celebration Ron and I would love to come" Hermione said knowing she could speak for Ron here who did have a great deal of respect for Luna. "you inviting anyone else" Hermione asked casually?

Luna smiled at her friend, glad that the pair had been doing well.

She herself hadn't found 'the one' quite yet, but she was sure she'd meet him when the time came.

"Well, I wondered if Harry and Ginny wanted to come, and maybe Neville... I haven't been able to see them yet, so I was hoping you could pass on the message?"

Her voice was bright, and she shrugged softly. "I haven't seen you all in ages so I thought this would be a good time."

((Sorry I vanished! Root canal + being sick was not fun .-.))

"I am sure they will want to come" Hermione said smiling knowing that they will. They may not care so much about the ceremony as such but all of Dumbledore's Army had a sense of loyalty to each other, a loyalty that Hermione thought would be there for the rest of their lives and that included Luna.

Hermione remembered herself what it felt like to have friends in her 1st year at Hogwarts and how it was not until 4th year where she felt properly secure in that friendship, knowing that Ron and Harry would not ditch her at some point. Hermione knew it was similar for Luna in that she now has friends but after so long without them it was hard for her to remove the nagging voice in her head that her friends would disappear at some point, or at least that is what Hermione thought Luna probably felt.

(no problem at all. I am glad you are feeling better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom