Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scaremonger (Mr Quixotic & Lait)

Zai knew there were without a doubt more fish in the sea than the two girls that had just invaded Kyle's truck that were more stupid. They were annoyances, like little flies that buzzed in in the ear in a quiet room. They'd been driving all day this was the last thing they needed. Not to mention Kyle still was the last person they wanted to fuck with. Their voices, giggles, posture, presence all annoyed her. They were obnoxious children, not yet girls and no where soon to be women and it annoyed the living shit out of Azairah. Though the minute the blonde turned to smack whatever she had left of an ass Azairah snorted, trying to hold in her amusement. So attractive. Any guy (who thought with their dick) would have fallen for that. Except Kyle. And if only the poor duo knew ahead of time that the man they were attempting to entice and tempt with invitation into their filthy world was a murder. That is until Azairah was pulled into the situation. 'Skinny bitch?' Azairah was the furthest thing from just a 'skinny bitch'. Zai gave her props though. She gave the effort and gotten the bitch part right for the most part, skinny part not so much. Azairah had structure to her form. Curves and dips that weren't awkward or misshaped. She was a woman. Leaning against Kyle's truck as he pumped the gas, she crossed her arms under her chest and shook her head. It was terrible how desperate for attention they were.

Like little pups begging for it.

Bitches begging for it.

However, at the mention of the scars Azairah was just about to turn away and head back into the truck to grab something when Kyle encouraged her join him inside. Just like she thought there wasn't much inside the gas station to begin with. Just the gas they needed to fuel up anyways. "I didn't think it'd be possible to be that awfully atrocious," she said softly. The more the fucked with the murderers the more Azairah was losing her patience with them until they made the ultimate mistake. Kyle's booming voice screaming at them made her jump for the first time until she was pulled along suddenly and watched as the two girls vanished into the dark forest. "You've got to be kidding," she said displeased. There was no way they were going to let these two girls have their way. Especially not after taking their belongings. Zai entered the truck again, putting her seat belt on seeing how it wasn't going to be a smooth ride. Not with an irked driver or with that driver being Kyle. Though, for some reason it was interesting to see this side of Kyle. Someone who'd lost his patience and wanted nothing more that for the two girls to piss off the hard way. They brought this upon themselves regardless. The tires to his truck ate the dirt road as the car took off and Azairah held on to whatever she could as the truck freely rode through the forest they'd entered.

In seconds the two girls were in sight- not that she'd expected it to take too long- and from there Azairah knew it was going to happen next. With her eyes forward, watching intently on the terrible scene that these two girls called upon themselves unfold, Azairah felt and heard the thud and the violent crunching of bones as Kyle forced the vehicle over the brunette. Just a scream and soon after... deafening silence. Of course Azairah thought that was the end of that when Kyle surprised her and threw the car into reverse just to make sure she was dead. It first started as shock. Pure unfiltered shock, before amusement. "Holy shit," was all she managed to whisper out with a smile as Kyle reached in front of her to grab a blade. As her brown eyes rested upon the glinting metal, with no hesitation, Azairah rested her hand against Kyle's as she then looked over at him. They weren't the eyes she'd normally looked at him with. It was the piercing glare of an opportunist, relishing in the moment she was offered. Like a kid in the candy store. Kyle was allowing it and since there was two of them Azairah could at least do the honors of taking one of them. "Well I can't have you do all the work now. An apprentice has to learn right?" A wicked, smile filled her lips as she slipped out of the car.

Goosebumps teased her skin under her layers of clothing and hairs stood on the back of her neck as she rounded the truck to see a screaming girl. "Awh, you're scared," Azairah purred. "Stay away from me! I'm calling the fucking cops on you fuckers! You killed my fucking friend!" Putting the handle of the blade between her lips a moment, Azairah pulled off her jacket, tossing it on the ground to the side of them before taking the blade in her hands again. "What. Are you scared of a skinny bitch like me? You can't just go around fucking with people you don't know honey. Next think you know you end up dead like your little shit friend over there. I can give you some pretty little scars just like mine too. How's that sound?" Azairah taunted the blonde, approaching her as she took quick, frantic steps back. "C'mon this is what you were looking for right? A little attention? You were sure begging for it back there." "Shut up! Shut up and stay away from me. Leave me alone!!" Zai laughed, holding her stomach as the girl took it as her chance to bolt out of there. Yes Azairah wore heels, and dresses and wore make up and was the epitome of what a classy, elegant woman was but it didn't mean she couldn't run. Yet another mistake made was assuming a pretty girl like Zai wouldn't and couldn't kill. Azairah hauled after the girl, catching up quickly as the blonde slipped, landing on her face.

The terrified, screaming female scrambled to get up, leaves and dirt flailing as she only got up to her knees before Azairah's foot impaled her right in the center of her back. The blonde grunted in pain as more screams followed after. Annoying, loud, piercing screams... She was sure they weren't too far from the road and having the trash beneath her screaming so loud wouldn't be good. Besides, it was giving her a headache. So in return Azairah's foot moved up the girl's scrawny body and to the back of her head, forcing her face into greenery of the forest floor. "You're really killing my ears sweetie. I'd appreciate it if you stopped." The more she struggled against Azairah the deeper Azairah pushed her face into the dirt. She waited a minute, enjoying a small game of asphyxiation for her precious little blonde friend. Azairah watched as her movements went from trashing to light thuds against the dirt ground which was finally when Azairah raised her foot and pushed the gasping blonde over onto her back. She was covered in damp dirt, a good look for her if she said so herself. Watching closely as the girl, wiped dirt from her eyes and face while coughing to catch her breath, Azairah got down between the girl, straddling her after knocking both her arms to her sides. She sat, her knees digging into her frail biceps as her lower half held as much as the girl's body down as possible. The thrashing and screaming returned and Azairah held the blade to her neck and all of the blonde's movements came to a halt. "That's a good girl," Azairah praised. Wasting no time, Azairah sliced the rest of the way down on the girl's top, ripping it off of her body and balling it into her mouth. "For your information, because you seemed to be so interested, no. He-," said nodding her head back towards Kyle. "-didn't beat me." With the blade to the girl's forehead, Azairah began to pierce the skin with the metal.

"He's a lot better than a lot of guys you've probably met. A lot more handsome too I bet. Oh excuse me, I need to use terms only you would understand." Muffled screams and heavy pants filled her ears as the first thing carved into the girl's now bleeding forehead was a 'B'. "He's 'hotter' than a lot of guys you've probably slept with. I know you couldn't help yourself, honey. But it's okay." The girl began to buck trying to get Azairah off of her so she could be anywhere but there in that moment but it was much too late. Azairah laughed at her failed efforts and forced her knees deeper into the girl's arms. The next letter came, 'I', carved into her forehead as neatly and legible as she could make it. "But see now... I can't have little trashy girls like you taking him away from me." Azairah left a space between the 'I' and moved on to a 'C'. "I need him. He's a very, very important man to me. You can understand that much right?" 'H' and before she knew it blood had covered the girl's face and hair. From dirty blonde to red. Though Azairah was sure she could still hear her over her screaming. Back to the center of her forehead pressing the point of the blade to the girl's skin, Zai began to make the cross of the 'T'. "So I can't have little shit's like you taking that away from me." Standing, then leaning over, Azairah pushed the blade in enough so it'd pierced enough to stand up on it's own. By then she was sure the girl had lost consciousness not too long ago but a job always had to get done properly. Raising her foot just over the blade, Zai's foot came crashing down over the blade, silver disappearing into the blonde's bleeding forehead. Her body jerked a minute before going limp and carefully Azairah pulled the blade from the now dead female's head.

"And dead." Azairah stared for the moment, watching as blood seeped through the marks on her forehead and the large gash in the center. This was probably what their parents had probably always worried about. Why weren't they just good girls who stayed home? When would be the next time they saw them? Identifying their dead, long rotten bodies? Azairah took a step back, shaking the dropping blood off Kyle's blade as much as she could before she sighed. It was still difficult to get used to the act itself after it was completed. There was no problem letting the adrenaline take over seconds before though. It was a lot of work and effort taking the time to kill but she could see why Kyle enjoyed it. It was still exciting knowing she was doing something that was completely un-human, barbaric, illegal. Zai had been cold all day but finally she'd broke a sweat and with the back of her hand she wiped her moist forehead before heading back over to Kyle by his truck, grabbing her jacket on the way.

Her eyes met the familiar blue pair before stopping to lean her back against his truck. She pinched the bridge of her nose before holding up the bloody blade. "I hope you don't mind that I got it a little dirty," she said flashing Kyle a smug grin. "You'll forgive me right?"​

Kyle was pissed when he walked out of the station, and discovered the girl's attempted thieving, but he wasn't out of control. It was simply the last straw after the comments they'd directed at Zai, which he may well still have decided they deserved to die for, as to the Army veteran, disrespecting the woman beside him was now akin to disrespecting Kyle himself. That was something the man never accepted lightly, nor without retaliation.

In the rush to his vehicle to ensure the woman didn't escape, there was no time to express his thoughts to Zai, and he hoped as the truck's engine screamed, the vehicle flew in the air, and then the tyres spun wildly on the dirt track of the dark forest, that the harshness of his tone, and urgency of his actions, hadn't alarmed her. That was the last thing he wished for, however as the truck bounced and jolted, and he saw realisation strike, the smile that flitted across her face elicited one from him in return. That soon turned into a broad grin as the last remnants of anger disappeared, to be replaced by a sense of euphoria. Kyle screamed in triumph when the body of the brunette shattered on impact with two tons of metal, then spewed from the undercarriage, and threw a wink at Zai's shocked reaction before he slammed the car in reverse and drove over her again. This had become pure fun.

However, if the that action demonstrated Kyle's deliberate intent, lack of remorse, and enjoyment of the murder he perpetrated, it was nothing in comparison to what he witnessed shortly after. When he offered Zai the blade, and presented her the opportunity to willingly take the life of the second woman, he was uncertain as to how she'd react. But then, that expression filled her soft-brown eyes, and a shiver of anticipation snaked its way down his spine. Her silky tresses brushed his cheek as he leaned in to whisper in her ear, "Do your worst, Zai," then allowed the knife to slip from his grasp, and sat back to watch.

The girl's screams were loud enough to pierce his eardrums, but the laugh that Kyle emitted was even louder when the bitch tried to run, and Azairah taunted. Zai really did have a dry sense of humour. And once her prey was snared, Kyle nodded in appreciation at the common sense Zai exhibited by stuffing the blonde's mouth with her own shirt. Although he was confident that he'd see the glow of headlights approaching from miles away, and that the screams would be absorbed by the thick foliage, it impressed him that she'd had the foresight to think of it through the emotions. The mind of a true predator. And as faint as the howls were that slipped through the wad of fabric blocking the blonde's esophagus, the terror and agony they contained as Zai placed the tip of the knife to the skinny bitch's forehead and began to carve, were undeniable.

There were also other noises, and one in particular captured Kyle's attention. It was that of zai's voice, and the words it spoke pierced his soul.

"He's a lot better than a lot of guys you've probably met."

"I can't have little trashy girls like you taking him away from me."

"I need him. He's a very, very important man to me."

"I need him."

Finally, what he'd been waiting for, and without, had been an empty shell.

I need him.

And as much as she needed him, he needed Zai.

The sentiments reverberated in his ears as he stepped from the cab, just in time to witness the tip of blade being driven through the young blonde's forehead, coating Zai in blood, and causing gray brain matter to ooze from the split skull, and dribble down to pool in the dirt.

When Zai then turned to him, silhouetted in the glare of headlights, hair and face matted and streaked with blood, dress caked in dirt, skin glimmering with perspiration, and dripping knife in hand, she appeared to Kyle, an angel; the Angel of Death. Every last breath of air departed his lungs, and his body stiffened, as if a statue cast from stone. The reverie only broke when she reached him, and he blinked rapidly to clear the images. She still appeared an Angel.

"Nothing to forgive." Kyle replied as he took the blade - a gift presented to him the day he'd joined the Services, and had carried through his tours of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the knife that had on more than occasion saved his life, but up until now, never taken one of its own - and reached through the open truck door to place it in its sheath. He then swiveled back to Azairah, and pressed the ivory to her palm, "It's not mine, it's yours. In appreciation of your work," before his head shot around to locate the cause of a sudden noise.

"Appears the vultures have come to pick the carrion already." Kyle's gaze had landed on a raccoon, who nervously stared at them from the centre of the dirt-track about fifty yards away, before it quickly darted in to sniff at a tattered and torn scrap of bloodied meat that had once been attached to the brunette. Kyle thought it might be an eye. "I was going to suggest we clean up, and dispose of any evidence, but you know what, Zai? I don't care."

The man shrugged as he grasped her elbow, and guided her into the cab of the truck. "Scum like that deserves to be left as it is." And it wasn't as if, after they'd taken care of Cole's buddy and his girlfriend, their names wouldn't shortly be on the Authorities radar anyway. They'd just have to hope that, in the meantime, the bodies wouldn't be discovered, or if they were, that the forest animals had ravaged their corpses enough to make swift obtainment of forensic evidence that could be directly linked to them, impossible.

"Have I mentioned how gorgeous you look, covered in blood?" Kyle emitted a wolf-whistle after they hit the highway, and grinned at Zai. He could hardly recall ever being in a better mood, and it stayed with him for the fifty miles they put behind them and the scene of the crime before reaching a small-town with a dingy bar located on one side of the road, and a couple of budget hotels on the other. Kyle pulled into one of the latter. "Stay here, and I'll get us a room, then, after you've cleaned up, we'll celebrate with a drink." It had been a while since Kyle had consumed more than a beer or two, but suddenly, he had the taste and he exited the truck with a bounce in his step.

However, as he stepped from the warmth of the cab into the cool night air, the man's countenance changed, and he pirouetted to rest his forearm's on the door and peer at Zai with a worried expression on his face. It had just struck Kyle that through the euphoria, and his excited talk since, he hadn't really spoken to Azairah of the acts she'd committed. Despite all of their plans, his murder of Lisa, and their intent for Lauren Brennan in Florida, there was a vast difference between killing men such as Adam Hunter and being the one to brutally snuff out the life of another female in cold blood. So now, after the initial thrill had dissipated and reality had a chance to set in, how did she feel about the murder, and the man who'd encouraged it? "That's if you wouldn't rather stay in, and I can get two rooms, if you'd prefer some space?" His voice shook as he recalled her words in the forest, "I need him. He's a very, very important man to me," and fervently hoped that he'd done nothing to change that.

Another one down.

The two of them didn't take their new professions lightly now.

Azairah had taken a deep breath, unsure of where to wipe her hands so she could remove tickling stands of hair from her face. Didn't matter so much now that the small amount of blood on her hands was soon to dry; a soon natural feeling her body would begin to acquaint itself to. It was bad that Azairah was enjoying it, horrible that she'd found absolute closure in the taking of lives. For all she knew, killing was just another way to let the stress off her shoulders and who didn't want to relieve when they had the chance? As the knife was handed back to her, returned to its original, sheathed form, Azairah was suddenly surprised but smiled as he returned it into her hands. A gift to boot. "I'll be sure to take good care of it," she said playfully. Though it was just a knife visually the meaning behind it and it's purpose for Zai changed as it probably had for Kyle. She was worthy enough to be given something Kyle owned. He trusted her and it meant more to her than he knew because Azairah too, in return, had trusted Kyle. When she could figure out what she could give to him in return she would of course do the same. For the time being, Azairah placed the knife in the pocket of her jacket and turned her head just as Kyle did suddenly in the direction of the sound. Laughing softly at Kyle's objection to the cleaning of the scene she agreed with him. "Besides, we have drinks waiting for us at some bar around here," she said quietly, following Kyle leading her by her arm. "Who'd want to waste precious time cleaning?" Though his next statement had her in all laughs again.

"Oh Kyle, stop that. I look good in everything, honey." Zai chimed confidently as she reentered Kyle's truck. "But by all means if you need to say it again to remind me, be my guest. Hearing it again only makes me like you more and more." As they finally took off from the forest, leaving the corpses to the fate in which the forest and it's creatures ensured for them, it took Kyle moments before they were on then off the highway. Civilization and buildings were finally in sight. It wasn't much sure enough but after hours of driving and seeing nothing but greenery and road, Azairah was a little happy and happier the minute he pulled into the lot of a budget motel. She sighed, relieved to have shelter for the night that wasn't in Eden but somewhere far, far away instead. Feeling a slight bit of ease, she relaxed in her seat as she watched Kyle once more exited the vehicle. But he didn't leave. Those beautiful blues of his just stared at her a minute as his face, once excited had gone worried. Azairah smiled, confused surely but gave a reassuring smile. His voice shook and it caught Azairah by surprise. It was the first time she'd ever noticed him slip. Pulling off her seat belt and scooting herself over to the drivers seat she pulled down the window. Her dark, solemn but honest eyes found Kyle's. "I'm okay... If that's what you're worried about. It's written all over your face," Azairah whispered with a subtle grin. Reaching up with her hand, Azairah took no hesitation to cup Kyle's cheek in her cold hands.

"I meant what I said back there. Though, honestly it was more of me thinking out loud. Regardless, I meant it." She broke her gaze a minute to look down at her jeans covered in dried, dark blood as her dark brown locks fell off her shoulders. "I'm okay. I'd tell you if I wasn't." She lifted her head to look at him once again. Zai wondered if there was something she was doing giving off the impression that she wasn't okay. Mentally, the over processing of thoughts had nearly stopped. It wasn't so much about Cole anymoreโ€” though he hadn't disappeared from her mind completely. Definitely not. He just wasn't nearly as important of a thought as Kyle was. She'd get her revenge and Cole Douglas and his friends would have to pay ten-fold for what they did and Kyle would assist with that but moments like these were what made her at ease. Kyle worrying about her felt almost too good to be true. What fairy tale did she suddenly jump into? Pulling her hand back finally she spoke again. "The last thing I'd want is to be suffocated in a room all to myself, with nothing but me and my thoughts. I know we just started this trip but we're on a budget here. It's cheaper," she said knocking his chest with the back of her hand. "Don't worry, I won't do anything perverted to you if that's what you're worried about," she teased.

"Now hurry up and go check us in. As good as I look in blood I still want to get it off." Shooing Kyle away and watching him disappear into the building a deep breath she wasn't aware she was holding in for so long slipped her lips. "Fuck," she whispered under her breath. Azairah never regret her decision to run off with Kyle. Anything was better than living in the repetitive cycle of Eden. Anything was better than having to relive the nightmarish rape, eyes open or closed. Having to pass the house it all went down every day, the scars that covered her body head to toe that would never go away. A constant fucking reminder. People like Coleโ€” garbage like Cole had to taken out. Azairah swore on her life that she'd take everything from him. His dreams, his family, his friends, his pride his safety net of a father who had the audacity humiliate her. All of it. One by one, would be taken from Cole Douglas and his life will come crashing down and waiting in the black pit he drowned her in would be Azairah, ready to break his bones. It's all start with his legs, there would be no running. There would be no safety net, there would be nothing but the two ofโ€” Azairah jumped at the sound of Kyle's return with the key card to the hotel room. Rubbing her cheeks to get a hold of herself, she stepped out of the truck finally, feeling her jeans stick mercilessly to her legs.

Yet another article of clothing she'd seemed to ruin. "There's got to be another way to kill people without getting it all over myself. Blood is a pain to get out," she complained, following Kyle. Grabbing her bags from the back of the truck, along with Kyle's belongings that she could carry, Azairah once more followed him to the end of the rectangular building, to the second to last door. The key card read and they entered a small, double bed, decently clean room. It was their home for the night so it'd have to do. Setting her things down and pulling her hair up into a messy bun, Azairah pulled off her jacket, just to see the real damage done. Dried. Blood. Everywhere. Came with the territory though and there was nothing she could really complain about anymore if this was what she was doing for a fun living. At the end of the day she was doing something she coming to terms with and that was the gentle art of murder. "I'll try and be quick." she said softly to Kyle before taking her bag with her into the bathroom. It wasn't guaranteed seeing how Azairah was well... Azairah. Shower, hair, make-up, clothes. That was always the routine and when Azairah was done just near an hour later she came out dressed and dolled up as usual. Her body filled the outfit, curves resting in their designated spots while it covering but revealed just enough.

Chocolate brown tresses lay at her shoulders, covering just one of her dark eyes. There was no way she was going to let someone like Cole Douglas waver her confidence as a woman, regardless of what he did to her... Besides, in the moments she'd spent with her dear murderer, Azairah, deep down in the pit of her stomach, without a doubt thoroughly loved when Kyle rested his dangerous blue eyes on her as though she was light to his dark.

"All set?" she questioned softly before fastening the straps to her heels.​

Zai's cheerful good-humour and repartee had Kyle grinning like an idiot all the way back to the highway, and beyond. It was a treat to see her emerging from her shell and becoming a woman, proud of her femininity and attractiveness again. At least that's how Kyle perceived it; that he was seeing a different side to Azairah D'Amici, and possibly one that had been displayed to very few others.

That her charm, wit and sensuality contrasted against the murder she'd so viciously perpetrated in the forest, evidenced by the blood-smeared features and crimson stained dress, was not contemplated by Kyle as it may have been by others. You could be a cold-blooded, brutal killer, and simultaneously be a desirable woman. It all depended on perspective, and who was deserving of seeing which aspects of your personality. Kyle had viewed a number of Zai's and looked forward to even more. He wanted to know her completely, and for there to be secrets between them. Along with the sweet sound of her voice, and the entrancing laugh, those internal contemplations caused him to feel content on the journey to the Motel, and not speak about the details of what had occurred. He was caught up in his own world.

It must have been the cooler night air, which caused his brain to switch modes, or the profile of Azairah viewed through the window that mingled with the image of an Angel he'd seen as she walked towards him in the forest, and the Army veteran realised he'd never felt as he did with Zai with any other woman. Not even Amy. That had been love, but a love ignited simply by physical attraction and base carnal desires, which had quickly burnt out in his absences, and left naught but charred remains when he returned from Afghanistan.

However, with Azairah D'Amici, he sensed an infinitely deeper connection was possible; that which was granted to so few, and mocked by so many. A soul-mate. In mind, and in body, for Kyle couldn't deny that, for the first time since the destruction of his marriage, he'd begun to consider sexual intimacy. But, for the moment, that only lingered in the back of his brain, and what was most important was Zai's emotional well-being. That's what led to his question.

The concern carried in his expression and tone was evident, as Kyle had swiftly decided that, although he'd meant the words of sacrifice he'd spoken before, this was the true make-or-break time for he and Azairah, and that sent a jolt of fear through his entire body. If she'd displayed hesitation, regret, remorse or blame, he'd have departed in the dead of night, leaving her to deal with the pain of his betrayal, but with his conscience clear that he'd cause no greater agony. Even if her choice of words had been ambiguous, he may have well done the same, however, thankfully, the question of how both would have handled that, and what would have become of them, was one that would never require an answer when she responded in the manner that he'd so fervently hoped for.

The man's eyes brimmed with tears, and he nuzzled his cheek against her hand when she scooted over and touched him. "Thanks, Zai. I wanted to make sure, for my own piece of mind." Those softly spoken, almost sad, words were the only ones he uttered before he lightly kissed her palm, forced a small smile, and headed towards the check-in office. When he arrived, his full cheer had returned, and Kyle then called out, "However, if you don't plan on doing anything perverted to me, I may as well get two rooms," over his shoulder, before disappearing through the door.

He'd parked the vehicle under a broken light so that his passenger would be out of sight, and as opposed to her, Kyle's body and clothing displayed no evidence of their brutal crimes, so obtaining a room was a breeze, and Kyle swiftly returned with the key. The accommodations were small and cluttered, as he'd envisaged they would be, with just the one bed, and a bathroom off to the side, but at least the room was clean and comfortable enough. "Go on, wash that blood off if you must. I'm sure this won't be the last time I get to see it, and we wouldn't want any of the men from the bar getting as worked up as I over the sight. Or am I the only male who appreciates how sexy it is?"

Kyle winked, and then, when she entered the bathroom, headed back outside to appraise his truck. The bull bar was coated in hair and blood, and scraps of flesh from the brunette, and the undercarriage was sure to be worse, but it wasn't noticeable in the darkness unless you peered closely, and Kyle concluded that if anyone came to inspect the vehicle during the night, that would be the end of them, regardless. They'd find a hose in the morning and wash the remaining trash down the drain, where it belonged, amongst its sewage brethren.

By the time Zai was ready, he'd changed into a pair of jeans and a buttoned up blue and white shirt, which didn't come anywhere near to matching the class of the woman who'd be accompanying him. "Damn.' Kyle wolf-whistled again, and allowed his eyes to roam Zai's form. "Red definitely is your colour," he grinned as he approached to gently grasp her elbow. "Let's go have some fun."

Five minutes later they'd entered the small, but accommodating, bar, with a throng of tables occupying the majority of the visible space, except for a dance floor located on one side. Music blared, not too loudly, from a jukebox, and Kyle wasn't surprised, considering the Harley's outside, to discover it half-filled with Bikers, men and women alike, many of whom turned to check out the new arrivals. "Try not to kill anyone tonight," Kyle whispered in her ear as he caught the eye of some of the men, and shot them a nod, which received one in return before they went back to their beers. The army veteran was comfortable with establishments such as this, and believed it should also not hold any fears for Zai as the males who inhabited them were real men, not little boys, and whilst they'd display an appreciation for a beautiful woman, that's as far it'd go. She was on Kyle's arm, and they knew the meaning of respect.

"What will you have?," he asked as ordered himself a jug of beer at the bar, then turned to Zai before his attention was distracted by a loud clacking noise, and he quickly appraised the two, three-hundred pound, bearded and tattooed bikers, who owned a green-felted table located off to one side. "Then, once our need for alcohol is satiated, shall we challenge them to a game?" A brow raised, and his eyes crinkled with mischief when he indicated the men, "Because I wager you're a killer at pool, and maybe we can save a little more of our budget, by playing for drinks" If Zai wasn't a killer on the tables, Kyle certainly was - put it down to a misspent youth, and plenty of down-time at the barracks -, and whilst their acts of that night and future intent hadn't been forgotten, as far as Kyle was concerned this was also a vacation. One that he wanted Azairah to savour. "Or shall we just enjoy each others company, instead?"

The displays of emotion Kyle never seemed to be ashamed to show Azairah lingered in the back of her mind. Never had anyone let alone a man shown her such feeling and meant it. Yet still through their journey and just only the beginning of it, he still found ways to amaze her. Kyle was like an open book who's pages just couldn't be read. At least not read at first glance. He was hard to understand, hard to know exactly what it was he was thinking but still displayed the appropriate emotion at the perfect moment. Azairah knew so much, yet nothing about him and it drove her crazy. The good kind of crazy at least. He was perfect though. Kyle nonetheless, was who she'd been searching for her life. Trying to find someone who understood her, praised her and yet didn't look at her like she was just a piece of meat or a trophy. Someone who intellectually grasped her, look her in her eyes and could tell her the god honest truth.

He did it all.

Kyle gave her relentless butterflies, he made her blush, he made her brave, he helped her find the confidence she'd momentarily lost. There was no way she couldn't give back to this man. He was worth it. His comment on her attired had filled her lips with a smile. "I've been covered in red this past month. A little more doesn't hurt, especially if you agree that it looks good on me. All the more reason to."

With her arm hooked around Kyle's and her hand in his, she followed quietly along side him until arriving at the scene of what obviously seemed like a well occupied biker bar. Not her average place to be but it'd have to do. Besides, Azairah was with Kyle and he was bound to make anything interesting. It wasn't surprisingโ€” the amount of stares and subtly glances they'd received upon their arrival. Kyle's encouraging words had her covering her mouth to hide the smile that curled up on her plump, dark red lips. "Nothing I can guarantee but I'll do my best just for you," she purred back softly, her dark brown eyes meeting Kyle's in reassurance. They weren't Cole and they weren't Adam. These were men for one and twice the size of Adam and Cole. There was nothing in this world she would do to provoke any of them. "The same goes for you too," she teased.

Azairah was sure their presence was enough to provoke any one of them and if they weren't careful there was bound to be someone drunk and stupid enough who'd think he was hilarious and try to impress his friends. A sigh slipped as she took a seat in one of the bar stools next to Kyle. "Make that two please," she called out softly, just as the bar tender took Kyle's order.

Turning her head to follow Kyle's gaze and sound, Azairah laughed softly. Finally to have a moment where they weren't contriving murder and hopefully it would have at least stayed that way for the rest of the night. Zai couldn't take anymore blood on her for the time being. "Pool I'm not so sure about," she said with a nervous laugh. "But by the confidence in your voice, you've me convinced that between the two of us you're definitely the one killer at pool." She smiled wide and just as she finished speaking, the bar tender returned with their drinks, setting tall mugs in front of them. "I would much rather watch you play pool. Not saying that your company isn't as appealingโ€”" There was just a small need in Azairah that wanted to just... observe Kyle. Kyle had done enough of it lately and just for the moment she wanted to be the one to do so finally. To watch the way his body moved, how his face lit up, his excitement, his possible competitive nature that would soon sprout the moment challenge was accepted.

Embarrassed by her own thought, Azairah looked away a minute at the men on the table to regain her composure. She felt like a grade schooler all over again talking to her crush for the first time and trying not to blurt something embarrassing out. Though she'd done an oh too fine job doing that in the forest. It was unfair Kyle was able to do things like this to her. To make her feel this way. To just look at her, search her and have all these feelings erupt. There was a rhapsodic storm in those blue eyes of his and every part of her wanted to stand in the middle of it. To tell him it was okay, that she was there, that she wanted him, that she cared about him. After biting the inside of her cheek just a minute more to calm the nerves Kyle unknowingly stirred in her, she turned back to her dear partner and nodded in the direction of the guys.

"I trust in your ability to kick ass," she cooed, confident in her partner. Slipping out of her seat and taking her chilled mug, her free hand found Kyle's warmly and dragged him along with her. "But when we have more time you should teach me how to play so we can kick even more ass. Ultimate team, don't you think?" Zai laughed suddenly, leading him over to the table surrounded by large men laughing and talking among each other. Their heads raised the minute Azairah's presence caught their attention and sly, concerned expressions covered their smug faces. "My guy here says he's killer at pool and you delightful bunch look like you need a little fun for the night. Care for a game?"​

Removed from the cesspit of Eden, with nightmares behind him, and a beautiful woman on his arm who enjoyed his company and that he could make smile with simply a word, touch or a glance, Kyle felt as if he inhabited a dream. One that he never wanted to wake from. Azairah D'Amici desired to be with him; Kyle Evans, the emotionally detached, damaged murderer, whose motto for the last few years had been, Trust no-one, care for no-one, get close to no-one, allow no-one to get close, and you can't be hurt; and appreciated what he could offer.

That helped prove to Kyle that, after Amy, and all else that occurred, he did, indeed, have something to offer, and in turn, was worthy of Azairah's companionship, not just of being forever alone. He trusted her completely, and that her reactions and words were sincere, and together, they occupied a world of their own. A world that would never be comprehended by the rest of society, but one that, together, they'd see through to its end.

"Anything would look good on you," he'd replied, enjoying the sensation of her skin against his, and especially the way she smelled, so fresh after the shower, and her scent intoxicating, and Kyle's eyes regained more of that long contained mischievousness and flirtation that a week previously he'd forgotten they could possess. What the hell was this woman doing to him? Whatever the answer, it was good, and as they'd walked, he'd not released his touch. "I can control my impulses Ms D'Amici, however, you're just learning", he joked before they entered the bar, and were met by the stares of the large, tattooed and bearded clientele.

"You have nothing to fear with these men." Kyle spoke under his breath, and squeezed her hand reassuringly as the bikers continued to appraise the duo's journey to the bar. He left the 'or me' unsaid. Whatever physical desires she'd ignited, Kyle was prepared to wait as long as it took. Just having her by his side, bodies touching, aware of the trust she'd placed in him, and witnessing the laughter and smiles he'd helped bring back into her life, were enough. It was those little things, that came so naturally to others, but not to this damaged couple, that were helping Kyle to recover a portion of the happy adolescent he'd once been. Not that that his old persona would ever fully re-emerge, or change the man that he'd become, but it was one he believed Zai deserved to meet, along with the hidden depths of emotion buried within.

It was the memories of the long-ago Kyle that led his eyes to the pool table. "To us." He spoke softly as he clinked his glass against hers, then laughed when she suddenly dragged him away, "I might have played once or twice in my youth days, and don't worry, I won't be letting you out of my presence." Or reach, he didn't add. "You're my good-luck charm." Kyle's expression turned momentarily serious as he contemplated just how true that was, before he winked and dropped his hand from her arm when they reached the two bikers. His eyes rose upwards so that he could meet theirs, both men almost a foot taller and twice his size, and gauged their reaction to Azairah's words. The tension departed his body when both smiled, though their cocky expressions remained.

"A killer, huh?" One asked Zai, staring at her a second longer, before he turned to Kyle, and motioned to the table. "We'll see about that."

"She's the real killer, guys. It's just lucky for you that she's already had enough for one night." Kyle grinned at Azairah as he flicked a coin at the man. A moment later, he'd racked the table.

"Stand back and watch the master at work." Kyle teased Zai with a reminder about their earlier, jocular master/apprentice discussion , before he selected a cue and walked to the table. He felt like he was performing for her, and the man enjoyed that sensation as he pulled the cue back, grinned at his companion, and then sent a ball of the same colour crashing into each far corner pocket.

"Damn." The Army veteran shrugged at the surprised expression on his opponent's face, as if to apologise for the fluke, then stepped around the side.

"Sure you don't want to play?," he asked Zai as he paused to take a swig a swig of his beer, and waved for the bartender to bring them a fresh pitcher, then casually swiveled to pocket another ball.

"A fucking shark is what he is." The bikers gruff voice permeated the air, but there was no malice in the words. All the man could do was stand and watch as three more ended up in the side pockets, before Kyle missed a shot. However, after potting one of his own, the biker didn't receive another opportunity, and the game was swiftly over. As were the next two, and as he played, Kyle deliberately motioned each time in secret to Zai where he expected the next ball to go, getting it right more often than wrong. However, despite the easy wins, and the wiping of smugness from their demeanour, his opponents displayed no signs of anger or annoyance. It was difficult for them not to respect Kyle for the friendly banter he'd maintained throughout the games, and the easy confidence he'd displayed with two men who outweighed him by a combined five hundred pounds, and could squash him like a bug in an instant. Or so they'd believe.

Eventually, after beating them both thrice, and with a second pitcher of beer finished - he'd no idea how many he'd drunk, or how much she had consumed - he shook hands with the men, then knelt by Zai, threw an arm over her shoulder, and whispered in her ear. "I haven't had this much fun in a long, long time." It wasn't only the pool game he referred to. "Thank you, my beautiful, depraved murderess. Stay here." Kyle graced her with a mischievous smile as he pushed himself to his feet and walked backwards to the jukebox, his eyes on Azairah.

It took a few moments to locate the selection he'd hoped to find, and when he hit the play button, Kyle told himself that that he could always use the excuse that he'd been more drunk than he'd realised. However, that wasn't the case, and the fact of the matter was that he simply wanted to make this night special and memorable for Azairah, even if that led to his own embarrassment. The man didn't care in the slightest about the strange looks received from the tattooed clientele, nor the jeer, hoots, whistles and catcalls of laughter from they, and their womenfolk, when the first bars of the song, so unlike the Metallica and AC/DC that had played all night, rose, and he sauntered back to Zai to proffer his hand. "Shall we dance?"

I never will forget the way you look tonight...
The lady in red, the lady in red,
The lady in red, my lady in red.

They had no idea of its true meaning.

There was no denying that Azairah was wary of the men in the bar. They were so much bigger than her and Kyle. And it was no help that her grown fear of social scenes and people in general made her horribly uncomfortable. The only plus side was that she had Kyle which seemed eased her fears a bit but still the feeling crawled under her skin and everything in her her being was screaming that something bad was going to happen all over again. Azairah unsure if she could mentally handle something like that even with Kyle there but then soon pushed the thought from her mind. It was okay. It was absolutely okay because she had Kyle. Her precious partner who'd assured her that she had absolutely nothing to fear. Tapping classes with Kyle in cheers, she drank, letting the coolness of beer help calm her rioting nerves. Though Kyle's comment at her being the real killer had her in smiles all over again. Real crafty with his words was what he was alright. Remembering what happened so few hours ago replayed for an instance in her head and she turned to keep herself from smiling too wide. They were murderers. The word rang in her ears relentlessly over and over. "Besides I wouldn't want to put anyone to shame," she tease playfully. Kyle's play on words excited her and she bit her bottom lip in attempt to conceal her laughter. Though he was right. She was exhausted. Her arts and craft project in the forest wasn't as easy as it came off. Coughing to help down the urge to laugh, Azairah moved along side of the pool table and pulled up a stool, took a seat and just... observed. "Oh yes, please teach me well," she said just as they began their game.

Azairah wasn't much of a pool player but she knew the concept and that math that went behind pool. 'Technique' was a different story and she was sure that technique was something she was not ashamed to admit she didn't have. Though within a few rounds of watching watching Kyle she'd grown to understand where and how to hit the cue ball. Not that it so much mattered at the time. Her dark brown gaze was on the man who was showing off and doing a very good job at it. Zai sat in her seat, legs crossed one over the other, gently swinging her foot at her nails tapped rhythmically to the beat playing from the jukebox. "I'm sure I don't want to play," she said with a grin. "Don't worry, enjoy yourself. I'm fine just watching you."

She really was.
Azairah loved the way his masculine form moved, the way he familiarized himself with the pool table quickly. The way the muscles in his arms flexed when he forced the cue forward. The way he leaned over to aim right down to the way he slowly and confidently returned upright to watch as the balls on the table clack and scatter. The excitement in his face surprised her but she loved it. It gave her a warmth. A part of her couldn't believe his ex-wife had given up on someone so amazing. This was what she was missing out on. It was okay though. Azairah D'Amici was falling for him. Though had she not given up on Kyle, Azairah wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to try make someone happy. She wouldn't have gotten the chance to understand in return what it meant when someone was deeply concerned for her well being. A sigh was pulled from her lips as her third mug of beer had the room moving just a little. She was a little buzzed and it was strangely nice. Every chance he got to turn and look at her made her warm and give him nothing but smiles.

Azairah hated men, there was no denying that but Kyle...
Kyle was the exception and she didn't know why she allowed herself to let him in. Azairah wasn't sure why the words of his first e-mail that lonely, depressing night had swayed her. She wasn't sure why she agreed to meet him, a complete strangerโ€” male no less that evening at the coffee shop and she wasn't sure why she allowed Kyle to begin heal the deep pain that was buried so far down into her core.

He knew everything.

He knew of the humiliation she had to take from Cole and his father. He saw and he watched in agony every minute of it. He saw the scarsโ€” at least the ones on her face and shoulders at the very least and still he didn't care and called her beautiful. The biker's booming voice interrupted her thoughts as their final game ended of course with Kyle victorious. She straightened herself against the seat, clapping softly for her partner as girlish giggles left her red lips. The mellow feeling of being just slightly drunk was pleasant and something she hadn't felt in a while. The bodies united in the bar moved slower, colors were brighter and more vivid. Kyle joined her and the weight of his arm against her shoulder pulled her back into reality. His whispers tickled her ear but she laughed softly and took his free hand to play with his fingers. "You looked like you needed it just as much as I did." His whispers brushed against her ear once more and she nodded, watching as he pulled himself up and headed backwards across the barโ€” eyes never leaving hers.

It wasn't until the chords of a familiar song rang in her ears. He didn't. But he completely did. A good, hard laugh left her, joining the excited crowd as Kyle reached his hand for hers. "So you dance too?" she questioned coming down from her laugh. "Alright you've done it. You've officially impressed me." Azairah slid out of her seat, pulling her skirt down back into it's place before taking his cool hand in hers. Following her partner as the first verse of "Lady in Red" played. A part of her almost couldn't take it seriously. It was absolutely cheesy but it was perfect. It felt like something Kyle would do which made her okay with it. The smile on her face never rested as they found a spot. "I can't believe you and I can't believe a biker bar has this song to begin with." Azairah was just near speechless at the songs' accuracy. A part of her wasn't going to let Kyle live it down, but it was cute so she couldn't help but go along with it. It was then, standing before Kyle that she realized exactly how much of a man Kyle actually was. Still till that day she wondered why she'd put so much trust into Kyle. Why she didn't hesitate with him anymore...

She moved in, one hand taking his, letting her fingers interlace between the spaces of Kyle's. It was a pattern of caramel and white, reminding her of the first time she'd ever taken Kyle's hand. In the cafe that destined evening. "Do you remember?" she said looking up. Azairah wasn't sure if being a tad buzzed was the reason but the blues of his eyes just seemed so much bluer, so vibrant and spirited. "The day at the cafe when I took your hand for the first time? I ended up putting my complete trust into you that night."

It felt like it'd be such a long while but it was just so few months ago. Azairah lifted her arm, letting her small hand rest against his shoulder. She moved with him, dancing with him to the slow beat of the song. "And stupid me wiped my hand on my dress," she said with a light laugh. "Sorry about that." In truth, Azairah still had the habit buried deep inside. It wasn't something she couldn't let go of but felt no need to do in front of Kyle. "Thank you for not giving up on me," she said as her fingers fiddled with the collar of his shirt, "I'm glad it was you behind that one-way mirror because if it wasn't we wouldn't be here now with youโ€”" she began, lowering her voice just enough for Kyle alone to hear. "Having a blast as we count bodies like sheep." There was a pause from her as a slow laugh left her again. "But Honestly, I don't think I'll ever forget this. So," she said letting her arm move up around his shoulder. Her cool hand rested against the warmth on the back of Kyle's neck teasing the soft, short hairs against the nape of his neck. "Thank you, my handsome, mysterious murderer."

Her eyes for a moment moved down the length of his face and followed the shape of his mouth. The way they moved when he spoke and the way they looked rested against one another. 'What the hell', she thought. Kyle had done enough to sway this woman's heart and finally at this point it was all urges mixed with the warm embrace of alcohol. Moving up on the tips of her toes to fill the gap between them, Azairah took the initiative while she till had the courage. At first it was just the tip of her nose touching his on the brink of pulling away, then came a nervous breath in as she pressed herself into Kyle. Before she could even think about calling it off, it was too late. Azairah's dark red lips touched Kyle's in an all too slow kiss. She pulled back, keeping her eyes low, too worried about his reaction to look him in his eyes. One wasn't enough though. Not with him... "I'm sorry," she began. Pushing herself back enough to allow the space between them to return she kept her head low. "I couldn't help it," she whispered with a cunning grin.​

His steps were light, the mischievous grin beamed brightly, and Kyle felt giddy as he walked back towards Zai, the last from the effects of alcohol he'd drunk, or for the woman he asked to dance, he wasn't certain. Most likely the latter. He'd sensed her eyes upon him as he played, and loved every moment of it, the glances and smiles they'd exchanged as with his arms outstretched on the felt, and his eyes lining up the next shot, he'd looked up, and witnessed her appraising him. In return, he'd done the same.

With Zai in his peripheral vision the entire time, whenever her head turned, or she paused to take a sip of beer, Kyle would drink her in. Occasionally, he'd focus on her body, and the manner in which red dress formed to her figure, and how the muscles in her shapely legs flexed when she moved, but mostly he concentrated on her features. Everything about her was entrancing, even the scars that adorned her caramel skin, and Kyle wanted to know the story behind each, and then to exact retribution for the pain she'd had to endure in their receipt. One by one, scar for scar, until her mental demons were healed, and she viewed the physical injuries as he did. An addition to her uniqueness, evidence of her strength and will, and a source of pride.

"Only with you, Azairah." Kyle replied with a cheeky grin when her fingers entwined in his, and nodded at one of the bikers who watched them. "He's not my type," which elicited a chuckle and shake of the head from the man. It was stupid, it was dumb, it was cheesy, but it was also perfect. The situation was perfect, Zai's expression and reaction to the first bars of the song were perfect, as was the smile that lit up her features, and the twinkle in her gorgeous brown eyes. Fuck the customers, they could laugh and jeer, shake heir heads, consider him a romantic pussy, or whatever they liked. All that mattered was that Kyle felt free to play the fool if it could make Azairah happy. Free to be himself.

"Ten thousand songs, it had to be on there somewhere," he continued as they found their place, and, when one of her hands moved to his shoulder, he placed his lightly on her waist. "Though, after tonight, they may well remove it." To the clientele, they were the centre of attention, but, to Kyle, Zai was the entire world. The man moved moved slowly and naturally to the beat of the music, and, with eyes locked on hers as she spoke, tightened his grip on Zai's waist. "I remember, and that's when I knew that the epiphany I experienced witnessing you through the one-way glass wasn't a product of my imagination. I wasn't becoming crazier, and losing my mind completely, but that in each other there truly was something that we both needed. I noticed the wiping of your hand on your dress, but I understood why, and you have no idea how much the one little gesture of even taking it meant. The trust it indicated when you had every reason, considering my gender, to stick a knife through my heart." Now was not the time to speak Cole Douglas' name.

God, she was beautiful. Kyle couldn't take his eyes off her face, and with Zai so close, her scent, and the touch of her warm body melding into his, invaded his senses. He found himself becoming lost in the depths of her luminous brown eyes, and the brush of her hair against his skin sent a pleasant shiver of goosebumps down his spine. "Don't thank me, I'm only being selfish," Kyle replied softly to her words, his tone hiding a little of the truth also contained in his response. "Hearing you laugh, seeing you smile, helping you to have fun and let yourself go, and knowing that I'm the one who is, at least in part, responsible for that, is healing. I feel alive as I haven't for years, possibly never. Sheep are innocent, I much prefer counting slaughtered humans."

So engrossed was he in the music and whispered conversation he missed the wandering of her gaze, and the subsequent kiss surprised him. The first he was aware of her intent was when her felt her warm lips pressed against his, and his eyes widened in surprise. For a moment, he just allowed it, then he responded in kind, before she pulled away. "It's okay, Azairah." The Army veteran lifted a hand to cup her bowed chin, and used his forefinger to gently lift her head back up, then laughed aloud, when rather than the embarrassment he expected to see on her features, there was instead, a cunning grin. ""See, I told you, you couldn't resist your impulses. Just don't do it again."

Kyle teased as he ran the pad of his thumb across her lower lip, and his pointer finger touched her cheek. It found the outline of a scar left by Cole Douglas and lightly traced around it as he pulled her toward him, and claimed her lips with his. "Do you know how long it's been since I've kissed a woman, Zai," Kyle spoke against her mouth after he broke the gentle, lingering kiss, then continued with a soft peck between each further word, "How long it's been since I've found one I wanted to," before he pulled back when the song eventually ended, to a round of rapturous, slightly mocking, applause.

When the cacophony of noise interrupted their reverie, he arched a brow at Zai, encircled her waist with his arm, and maneuvered her back towards the table where their drinks lay. He was quite pleasantly drunk. "I hope you don't regret that in the morning," he joked, and his demeanour turned a touch more serious as he held her eyes. "Because you know, I'd never attempt to do anything to betray your trust." Then, Kyle leaned in for a further kiss. Why some people needed to rush things, or take a woman by force, he'd never been able to comprehend, as just being able to hold, caress and exchange intelligent conversation with a woman such as Azairah D'Amici was as good. He could do it all night.

The last thing Azairah was expecting was for Kyle to laugh, but then again a part of her was hoping he wouldn't show any negative feeling towards it. He didn't hate it. That was all that mattered. Her hands moved from around his neck and to his clothed chest, over his heart. If she didn't know Kyle as much as she did, there was no denying that she probably could have had they encountered another possibly ungracious way. The way he was staring at her, into her...There was no denying it made her nervous. But with great nerve came a great poker face. Kyle looked into her to the point Zai couldn't even continue to look him in the eye. "Be selfish," she murmured softly. "I like it. Hearing that you want these things that take little effort." Sure he was right. She couldn't resist the pure, carnal, desire to finally kiss him. There had been too many occasions where she needed to, craved to but didn't in fear that Kyle didn't want her or even look at her in a romantic way.

The feel of his thumb against her lower lip and his eyes piercing into hers made a light rush fill her. Her ample, red lips molded themselves around the tip his thumb, giving a light suck all while her eyes never left his. He was touching it... The scars that were deeply etched into her skin and still he knew how to continue to make her feel beautiful. Azairah didn't so much remember for the time being where there scars even came from and just the simple fact that they were there and the cool touch of his fingers against her warm cheek had found them. The moment was too perfect to start thinking of anyone else anyways.

It was only a second later that she felt him lure her body forward, into him as his lips again found hers. Azairah easily melted into him. It was the first time another human being had ever made her feel this way and it startled her, excited her and the selfish desires in her heart only wanted more. Her eyes closed as his lips embraced hers. Azairah kept her eyes closed, not that she could open them. The exulting, overpowering ecstasy of their first kiss that filled her core allowed her not to open her eyes but instead to stay there in his arms and let the moment soak into her. It was a rush and as he spoke against her lips, kissing between each word, he still managed a way to make her smile. "You're doing quite well for someone who hasn't kissed a woman in while so he claims," she said, not helping but to tease him as he'd teased her. "Hmm? What's this?" she spoke again through his words and affections. Azairah's dreamy eyes opened slowly. "And exactly how long have you wanted to kiss me, Kyle?" The sudden obnoxious applause pulled her back into their reality but swiftly Kyle moved with her, returning to their table. "Trust me... I know you won't betray me, love. You know what I could do if you did," she said cupping his cheek with one of her warm hands. Though before she could say anymore Kyle was on her again.

The contact. The connection. The embrace.

The feeling of Kyle Evan's lips on hers.
The feeling of his body pressed against her.

There had never been anyone she could have ever dreamed of doing something like this with. Warm lips, the lingering taste of alcohol and the light tickle of being drunk. There was no way she'd regret it. Not after how amazing it was making her feel. Not after having such a good time. Her arms found themselves around Kyle's forcing him in closer to try and fill space that was already occupied by their bodies. Maybe it was because in months it was the first time she'd felt somethingโ€” like the desperate, selfish need to have bodily contact with another being that didn't involve violating or assaulting her. Let alone felt something for another person and craved nothing but this person's attention. Yes it was selfish of her but it didn't hurt to be a little selfish once in a while. Finally pulling back a minute to catch the breath Kyle had stolen from her, she spoke. "I won't regret it," she said with half a smile. "I nโ€”" needed it. "โ€”Want to head back? I think you've done a fine job of massacring them at pool, getting us drunk and impressing me." Azairah's arms unraveled from Kyle's shoulders. "Great night, hands down," she said with a laugh.

Just as they came, the two of them left. Seeing off some of the bikers Kyle joined for the pool game, they left the bar. The cool, night air was exactly what she needed. The alcohol was already making her feel inexplicably warm and Kyle hadn't made her situation any easier by kissing her the way he did. She sighed happily before letting the events of their night replay. She kissed him. Azairah actually kissed him. Letting a fit of drunken giggles leave her, the murderess took Kyle's hand and swung it back and forth childishly as they returned to their dingy, little hotel room. It had a bed, it had a shower and it had TV. I'd have to do for home as the night. No room for complaints. "I will say though," she began again as they entered and shut the door behind them. "You're a really good kisser." To be frank, Kyle was a damn good kisser but she'd only let him off with that to save herself from actual embarrassment.

Taking a seat down against their bed, Azairah sighed before laying back against the soft comforter. Kyle couldn't have done anything more to make the night perfect than looking her eye in the eyes and telling her he wanted to kiss her. Curling into a giggling, giddy ball against the bed, Azairah kicked off her heels and undid the zipper to her skirt. Tomorrow they'd hit the road again and tomorrow mean one less person that needed to exist and just one more person who'd be saved. Undressing and not concerned whether Kyle saw and slipped off her red outfit. Azairah knew he'd be the first to understand the scars that adorned her body. That small gashes and nicks and cuts painted across her body was the result of her experience. But it was okay if Kyle saw them.

He accepted them.

"Come lay with me," Azairah finally said. It had been a long day no doubt. Driving for hours even if she was just a passenger exhausted even her. Grabbing a loose tank top from her bag and throwing it over her head, she patted the spot next to her. "Come lay with me when you're done. We have another long day tomorrow right?"​

Her lips tasted like honey, and her body was magic. Kyle could have remained in the centre of the bar, arms wrapped around the incredible, amazing woman, kissing, holding, and gazing into her luminous brown eyes, for eternity. He didn't believe in a Higher Power, and wasn't certain what had brought them together; fate, coincidence, a psychic connection, an alignment of the Heavens?' and he didn't care. All that mattered was that they'd discovered each other, and the weight that had held him down for so long had lifted. Breathing no longer required an effort, his lungs were filled with oxygen, not poison, and the fear of going to sleep, terrified of the nightmares that would consume him, then waking up with nothing to live for, no longer occupied his every waking minute. Not now that he had Azairah. Surely, with her hands placed on his chest, she could sense his heart about to burst with happiness.

Her scars intrigued and entranced him, and the contours of the one he traced with his fingertips was forever imprinted in his memory. As was the way in which she briefly sucked his thumb before he pecked her again and again, and smiled against her lips. "Since forever, and I guess it's like riding a bike, once learned, never forgotten. I wouldn't want to mess up the first time as you may not allow it again." The lightness of his voice, and expression of pure contentment was something to behold, and it was with great reluctance he called their dance to a halt, and maneuvered her back to the table. Although intoxicated, Kyle retained the mental acuity to realise when enough was enough, and they had a journey to continue in the morning. Something better done on adequate sleep, and sans hangovers. "I'm very aware of what you could do to me, and that's one of the reasons I adore you as I do." His entire body tingled when her warmth melded into his, and she took his hand.

"I don't think it was only you that I impressed." Kyle continued as they pushed their way through the crowd, who continued to watch, some shaking their heads, and others cat-calling and laughing, but all stepping out of the way to allow them through without trouble. When the cool night air magnified the effects of the alcohol he'd consumed, Kyle Evans stumbled, and emitted a laugh that emanated from somewhere deep in his belly. "Damn, I'd forgotten what it was to enjoy myself, to really let myself go. Thank you again, Zai." Once more, he pressed his lips to hers before they journeyed back to their room. Two depraved murderers, laughing, giggling, holding hands, walking jauntily and swinging their arms, everything forgotten but each other, and all right with the world.

Finally, he released her when they entered the room, and the one negative thought that had lurked in the back of his mind was swiftly resolved. Would Zai would be concerned that Kyle would attempt to take their kisses further, would she comfortable sharing a bed, or should he offer to sleep on the floor. Even pretend that he needed to stay awake to keep watch on the truck? The very last thing he desired was to spoil a night that had been so perfect, however, it appeared his concerns hadn't even Zai's mind, and he watched, unmoving, as she fell onto the comforter and undressed.

He couldn't take his eyes off her, and to the Army veteran, the sight was as erotic as any he'd ever seen, however, not in a sexual way, or one deigned as an invitation. It was difficult to explain, but it was the trust placed in him, that she'd so reveal herself so unhesitatingly, that pierced his soul. "God, you're beautiful." Kyle whispered under his breath, unaware as to whether Zai heard the words, and made no effort to hide the direction of his gaze. He intently appraised Azairah D'amici, and each and every scar that glimmered on her caramel skin, like stars, in the moonlight filtering through the window.

When she requested he lay with her, Kyle didn't respond. Maybe because he didn't need to, or possibly because the vision of Zai had taken every last breath away, but, instead, nodded and began to undress. He, too, showed no hesitation, and allowed his jeans to fall to the floor before he unbuttoned his shirt, and stopped with it half off his shoulders to reveal the crisscross of ragged red lines and puckered flesh that ran all the way from his navel to chest. A result of knife wounds sustained in Afghanistan, and physical scars of his own that would never heal. They were two peas in a pod.

"Tomorrow, when we're closer to Ian and Lauren we'll form our plan, then, the evening after, commence our revenge against Cole Douglas." Kyle spoke quietly as he slipped under the sheets, and reached for Zai. One hand found her waist, and he pulled her towards him as he tangled the other in her hair at the nape of her neck, and stole a kiss. "But that's tomorrow. For now, just be safe in my arms." He continued to stroke her skin as he lay Zai's head on his chest, and closed his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As was his habit, Kyle woke with the first chirping of the birds. Momentarily he was lost in that half-comatose state, confused as to where he was, before his brain fully awakened, and a smile broke out on his face. He tilted his head, and surveyed the woman whose limbs had become entwined with his during the night, and for a minute or so, simply watched her, and listened to her breathe. Then, slowly, so as not to disturb her, Kyle, untangled himself, pressed his lips to her forehead, and silently slipped out of the bed. Locating the hotel stationery, he left a note to assuage any worries in case she woke to find him absent, and departed the room.

Forty-five minutes later, with dawn's full arrival, and having used a hose at a deserted gas station to wash the filth of the brunette from his truck as he best he could, he returned with a paper bag containing freshly baked muffins, and two large mugs of coffee. "Morning gorgeous. The sun's shining, it's a beautiful day, and we've got some killing to do," he called as he kicked the door shut behind him. As enjoyable as the night had been, Kyle Evans was as eagerly anticipating what lay ahead.

Not a single nightmare or even a dream for that matter. Nothing. Nothing but blissful sleep yet again. Sharing a bed and blankets with a man who could kill without a moments hesitation.

Waking up to silence in their hotel room and the cleaners in the next room over, Azairah opened her dark eyes expecting Kyle to be there beside her but there was nothing but cold sheets. For just a split second Azairah felt a nauseating panic seize her stomach as she sat up but it wasn't until the sound of crumpling paper that it eased. A note from Kyle saying he was gone and would be back in a moment calmed her and she dropped herself back against the bed. He was most likely cleaning the blood off the truck if she wasn't mistaken. Reading the letter over or rather studying Kyle's hand writing more than anything, Azairah let go of the letter and let it fall to land against her face. A giddy smile lit her face as she pushed her body up remembering like the back of her hand the events of the night before. As much as she wished she could stay snug and warm in bed, Kyle would be back soon and it'd be time for them to leave. The more time they wasted idly, the less time they had to reach Ian. Her red outfit from the night before lay scattered on the hotel floor among other things and she thought about how she unhesitatingly got undressed in front of Kyle. He didn't seem to dislike it so then it wasn't a huge deal. Neatly folding and opening her bags, at the top of her rows of folded clothing was the 'gift' Kyle had given her.

She stared a minute remembering exactly what they did the day before. It was happening. Killing was getting easier. Enjoyable even. Parts of it still freaked her out regardless. Watching excessive blood gush from open wounds among other things. But it was just as Kyle promised and everything. It'd get easier, she feel satisfied and she would only want more. Did this make her a sick, twisted person? Well of course in her mind she found it absolutely not okay to kill, but there were just some people out there asking for it and who was she to deny anyone of anything if they're asking so kindly for it? Azairah found herself letting the thoughts of murder creep into the back of her mind. How to kill them, how to torture them, to make sure they felt what she felt Everyone had to know. They had to understand why. They had to know why she was now doing the things she did.

Cole's murder came about so easy. How she wanted to do it, how she wanted to execute it and everything and so soon would it be a reality. Him and his father would soon have to face her and Zai and Kyle were so close yet still so far from him. For now she'd make do with Ian and Lauren. Slipping on a pair of high waist jean shorts and a white tank top, the door to their hotel room opened and Kyle's familiar voice found her ears. Immediately, a smile formed and her eyes followed to her darling and charming murderous partner who appeared with coffee and other goodies. She moved over to him taking one of the cups and a sip of the hot coffee. "Morning handsome. Lots of killing, lots of driving." Reaching up on the tips of her toes to reach Kyle's height, Azairah placed a gentle peck against his lips and grinned. "Told you I wouldn't regret it, right? Lets get moving then. We're busy murderers!" Gathering her belongings as well as Kyle's and putting them back in the truck, Azairah double checked their room and watched as Kyle went and checked them out of the hotel. Noting how he took care of most of the blood on his truck, she laughed as she took a sip of her coffee remembering exactly her kill in the woods before Kyle suddenly returned. It didn't take long before Kyle revved up his truck and they were back on the highway and yet again they returned to nothing but road, trees and the occasional car.

It was a quiet ride for the most part. Relaxing in the passenger seat and humming as she reviewed the map and let a breeze in through her window. They weren't far from Florida and she sure as hell could tell in the humidity South Carolina had to offer them. If they drove the whole day they would make it the rest of the way. That would only be possible if there wasn't someone stupid enough to cross paths with them. The closer they were arriving to their destination, the more confidence Azairah was feeling. Sure there was no doubt that she felt fear in getting caught as it was a normal reaction but nothing beat the feeling of wanting to kill someone or just watching them writhe in pain. Everything in her being craved the feeling again and again and it'd only been hours since her last kill. Whatever she was turning into felt great... Placing the open map down beside her Zai turned to Kyle and spoke with a wide grin against her lips. "You know what?" she began. "I want you to beat Ian's girlfriend. I want you to break her pretty, little face," she said reaching over. Her small, caramel hands found Kyle's resting against the steering wheel. "I want to see her blood all over your hands and I want Ian to taste what it's like when the girl he cares about is in pain. Literally." Azairah leaned in letting her lips linger near Kyle's ear as she continued to speak in a low hum. "So he knows what a slow painful revenge tastes like. I want to see what you look like when you're killing someone with your bare hands."

Azairah's mind raced with thoughts of cruel murder for the soon to be dead couple. She just wanted them to hurt so bad so that Ian finally could understand what he was observing and aiding in the night of Azairah's attack. "I want to watch you get aroused knowing that I need and want you to do this for me," she whispered sensuously. There was no way she ever forgot what he told her in the cafe especially not when there was a chance for her to finally be able to see it happen. For Azairah to finally experience and observe and understand what Kyle meant. She wanted to witness it. Azairah wanted to witness Kyle do unspeakable things to this woman. Destroy this woman. "I'm being selfish and demanding I know," she said finished playfully in his ear before putting herself back in the passenger seat. "But I know this is only something you can do for me though, right?" She knew he could. She knew what this man was capable of. Lisa was a clear example. Zai certainly knew that if she asked nicely Kyle would do anything for her. He'd promise this one too many times for Azairah not to take advantage of. "I'll make sure Ian's watching," she snickered. "But all that aside, how exactly are we going about this?"

It was obvious Zai had no experience in catching the prey, but enough enough to kill it. "Should that be something I leave to the master?" By the looks of it, Azairah could have probably taken on Lauren, but Ian obviously not so much. She didn't want to get too ambitious and say she could and she sure as hell knew she couldn't pull what she did to kill Adam again. Not when Ian knew who Zai was.

After driving for what felt more like days than hours, it was already late into the afternoon when Azairah spotted the state line. They were out of Georgia and finally into Florida and it was too hot for words. Palm trees, coconuts, wicked humidity that wasn't going to do her hair any justice and a couple whose time was dwindling the closer they got.​

Kyle sighed in contentment as he handed Zai a coffee and muffin, sipped his beverage, and openly appraised her attire. She looked just as good in shorts and tank-top as she had in the red dress, and the memory or her revealing her body to him the night before floated through his mind. That had been a sight to behold, and he shot her a cheeky grin when he responded to her comment. "Obviously you held no regrets, otherwise I'd have been cut up in little pieces and been flushed down the drain-pipe by now." Kyle bumped his head lightly against hers and stole his own kiss before he pulled back. A short while later, they were on the road.

With the sun shining, birds chirping, forest animals visible through the trees, and roads deserted in the early morning hour, it was as peaceful a scene as Kyle could envisage, and for the first part of the journey he reveled in the ambience. The silence was only intermittently broken by casual conversation with Azairah, but made comfortable by the admiring glances, exchanged smiles, and squeezes of the hand, along with what appeared to be a shared psychic connection. Soon, once Ian and Lauren were no longer breathing, Cole Douglas would be aware he and Zai were also gunning for him, and the arrogant rapist would, for the first time in his spoiled and protected life, be forced to live in fear of becoming the victim. Would the kid crumble under the pressure as, one-by-one, the remainder of his friends met a violent and painful end, and his mind already be broken before Kyle and Zai got to him? If not, it would be after they were done.

In regard to how their rendezvous with Ian and Lauren would go down, brutally and without a shred of mercy was Kyle's preference, and he possessed no doubts after the incident in the forest that Azairah was capable of the most heinous acts. The thrill of causing human beings to plead for their lives, to howl in terror and pain, and holding the ultimate power of life and death in your hands was a thrill like no other. Although Kyle had always previously selected victims he deemed unworthy of living, he'd discovered something new about himself when, the day before, he'd killed for no other reasons than for killing's sake. Had the blonde and brunette deserved such violent retribution for their petty baiting and theft? Not really, concluded Kyle, but damn, hadn't it been fun.

Eventually, he was brought out of his internal contemplations by the sweet sound of Zai's voice as it contrasted against the words she uttered. Kyle tilted his head, raised a brow and a smile flitted across his face. 'You know, Zai, I'm beginning to think you find this as enjoyable as I do?" He paused as his eyes shifted to the caramel hand moving over his, and shivered at the cool touch, then brought his attention back to Zai. "Not just the revenge, but the killing itself. It feels good."

That was more of a rhetorical question and a statement, and Kyle didn't wait for a reply before he continued. His hand moved on the wheel to cover hers, but stopped in mid-air when she shifted closer, and the soft insistence of her requests entranced him. Enticed him. There was a palpable seductiveness to her demeanour that he hadn't witnessed before. "If you want to me to break each bone in her face, smash her nose, and extract every last tooth with a pair of pliers. I'll do it. I'll damage her so badly, and then gut her like a fish so that she's no longer recognisable as a person if that's what you desire. Anything to show Ian exactly how it feels for a woman to be overpowered, and incapable of stopping the pain. He'll come to comprehend what he and his buddies stole from you that night, Zai, and believe me, to have you there as I do it will arouse me.

His promises were emitted without thought, and Kyle scanned her face to see if his response pleased her, before the spell broke. He relaxed back in his seat, and took a deep breath. "However, I want you to take care of Ian. An eye for an eye.' Kyle spoke softly when his gaze returned to Zai. "Make him hurt, Azairah, and scream like a stuck pig, make him bleed. Exact your revenge." The intensity then dissipated and Kyle teasingly patted her knee, and returned his focus to the road. "As to how we'll go about it, those plans are best left to the Master. All will be revealed in good time."

A couple of hours later, having crossed the state line, and the humidity in the hot Florida night air closing in around them, he once again pulled into a budget hotel, and yawned and stretched when he stopped the vehicle. "Let's eat and rest up." Kyle met Zai's gaze as he reached across to the glove-box, and removed a map of the Everglades. "'Then, tomorrow, we walk in when it's dark, ensure they have no visitors, and knock on the door. That's all there really is to it, I'll control Ian from there." The man exuded self-confidence in his abilities as he tossed the map on her lap, a marked red X indicating the isolated location of the cottage, and began to exit the car. "In the middle of nowhere, where their screams can't be heard. We'll have all night. Now, let's find a restaurant, I'm craving a steak. Rare."

Kyle understood just what was going through her head without her having to explain.

He understood exactly what pain she felt and the pain she ached and craved so passionately to share with Coleโ€” his friends being the ones to demonstrate Azairah's desires. Every part of his understanding made a whole new side of her reveal itself slowly and surely. Azairah loved everything about this destructive man in the drivers seat next to her. From his violent tendencies, thoughts and philosophies to his tender kisses that struck her heart and glances that drowned her sentimentally into a dangerous blue ocean. Zai loved how he'd do anything she asked of him, how he emphasized that he'd do it, how he looked at her and reassured her with those formidable, bright blue eyes. It was hard at this point in their journey to deny that she'd fallen for this man. For the first time in a long time she found her heart skipping a beat the moment she exchanged glances with him. He occupied her mind just as much as her thought of revenge had. Thinking of Kyle. Thinking of him much differently than before. The thought of sex or anything physical still completely and utterly made her nauseous but after watching Kyle just the night before and the way his body moved and played pool with the other bikers in the bar, curiosity had genuinely struck her. The murderess craved to see what expressions he made when he was enjoying the heightened pleasures of manslaughter as well as what he looked like when his body scummed to sexual pleasures. Azairah wanted to feel the scars that adorned his body under the tips of her fingers as she called his name. It was terribly contradicting feeling of hating the feel of a man's hand on her but then again Kyle wasn't just any man. Like hell she'd lie to herself about her own feelings. Turning her head to face the passenger window to help distract her thoughts she spoke.

"Honestly, 'good' just might be an understatement. Killing feels... Like there's no perfect word to explain how amazing it is. It's one hell of a sensation that just takes over and there's no way to stop it." She turned back to him a minute with a toothy grin. "Who'd really want to oppose a feeling like that? It feels too good. Frightening almost." Azairah was 100% down for Kyle enjoying himself with Lauren and thus nodded in approval for his plans. Every word of it thrilled her, made her frustrated knowing they were so close but still so far away even just having passed the state line. She wanted to be there that second but knowing nightfall would come before they made it to the Everglades made her relax. "Oh love, trust me before anything happens to Ian, he is going to watch the entirety of his girl suffering graciously right up until her death. Just like he and his two other friends watched as Cole did the same to me. Then I'll make him squeal," she impishly replied. Azairah was going to have her cake and eat it too and savor every bit of it to the last painful bite. "Make sure to have her suffer good for me, my dear partner."

It wasn't long after dusk that they stopped at another hotel. At this point Azairah's excitement depleted and all she wanted in that moment was food and a bed. As great as road trips were, in cramped vehicles it wasn't so great. Watching Kyle pull out a map of the Everglades and toss it onto Zai's lap, her eyes fixed on the large red 'X' over what looked like nothing but trees in the surrounding area. If they were lucky, no vacationers would be residing or camping in the surrounding area therefore making their job easier. But Good things like that didn't happen often. Stepping out of the truck moments later after Kyle checked them into a room, Azairah gathered her things and joined her partner.

It was an overly anxious wait.

In hours she'd have Ian's neck around her hands and screaming like the child he was.

Azairah never would have imagined her life would have come down to thisโ€” to justice in the most painfully executed way possible. Sure it was a normal emotion to feelโ€” 'revenge,' but to actually go through with it and actually be assisted? Zai sat at the edge of their unruly hotel bed, waiting as Kyle returned all of their stuff back into his truck. It was finally happening. Today was the day and the more she thought about it the more her body couldn't decide if she was terrified or excited. With the map leading to their destination clenched in her hand, she took one last look it. Once they passed Miami, headed west and entered the Everglades, it was really no turning back. They were too far in for Azairah to bail now. And thus they drove on. From Jacksonville to West Palm Beach to Miami and then west into the Everglades. There was nothing but trees. Palm trees, lakes and dirt roads. It couldn't have gotten any better than that. It wasn't that much more of a drive and by the time they arrived it was already late into the afternoon. Just several hours later and they'd do what was right. What was right for them in their eyes and what was the beginning of Azairah's new life.

The murderess gripped the map for dear life as they trekked along a dark, dirt road shrouded by nothing but green and the sound of crickets singing. At this point she was sure she was palpitating a bit and as Kyle's truck came to a stop just a ways ahead of a large cabin across a massive lake. Her eyes followed the figures moving around in the lit cabin. "This is to be the place of Lauren and Ian's death. The last place they'll ever see light. The last Cole will ever hear of Lauren and Ian. And then he'll scream and cry and demand the murderers be found because he's lost two more people in what he believes is his perfect world." Azairah watched as the taller figureโ€” assuming it was Ian, opened a window to let in the cool Floridian night air. "A world where he believes he can do what he wants without consequence. A world where he thinks he can assault women and get away with it because of his precious daddy." She turned to Kyle then. "Their deathsโ€” all of them, will be by our hands." Inching in closer across the seat towards Kyle, she took hold of his hand and a smile sketched itself slowly across her face. "Lauren will die by yours and Ian by mine," she said letting their fingers cross.

"So fill me in now. What's our plan? Realistically, I'm sure I can take Lauren down. Ian not so much."​

The steak was as delicious as Kyle had anticipated, and the subsequent sleep even more so. It'd had been a long day of traveling and, after their late evening the night before, Kyle was exhausted and his muscles ached. Once again, they slept in the same bed with Zai in his arms, a comfort and blessing that the man was becoming accustomed to. There was no rush to take their physical relationship further, if and when they made love, it would occur naturally at time when both were healed enough to enjoy each other without fear or restriction.

Not that Kyle didn't imagine how sex would be with Zai, or believe that the deep connection they shared would make it so much more amazing than with any woman he'd ever slept with. However, that was in an abstract way, and for now, the sensation of her body melded to his, the tickle of her hair on his chest, their soft kisses, brightness of her eyes, and the sound of her laugh were enough to sustain him.

It was Heaven, and Kyle drifted off into a peaceful slumber with the memory of Zai's response when he'd spoken about how good murder felt. Tomorrow, they'd experience it, and it would be even arousing than the depravities they'd already shared, because of who their intended victims were. This would be personal, and they'd have all the time in the world, allowing yet unrevealed aspects of the inner Kyle's and Azairah's to become acquainted. That could only bring them closer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D-day. Death day

A sense of anticipation was palpable in the truck as they journeyed, mostly in silence, across the State the next morning. The roads became narrower, traffic and gas stations more sparse, and the trees and forests that surrounded the swamps closed in around them, the deeper they got into the Everglades. When Kyle turned onto a road wide enough for only one vehicle, and branches scraped the side of the vehicle as the sun was blocked out by the canopy of vegetation above, it was as if they'd entered another world. Ian's Father's cabin was well off the usual tourist trail.

The knowledge that they would be truly alone, brought to reality by their surroundings, elicited a smile from the Vet as he glanced at the map in Zai's hand, though he knew the directions by heart, and gently touched her wrist. "Not long now." He said no more, and allowed her to deal with her thoughts and possible fears in her own way. He was there if she needed him. Eventually, they stopped across the lake from the cabin. As picturesque a sight as could ever be imagined, and soon to a place of death, horror and destruction.

After he'd switched off the engine, and the duo surveyed the cabin, noting only two figures inside, he gathered his rucksack from behind his seat, where he'd placed it that morning, then his intense blue eyes bore into Zai's when she took hold of his hand. "That's right, Lauren is mine and Ian, yours. Both deserve to be butchered like the animals they are." His tone was cold and insistent, but simultaneously, his expression was one of care and encouragement. "Cole needs to be aware of the suffering they endured before they died, and know that it was his doing, his choices, that led to it. Compensation for what they stole from you that night is to be paid in his conspirators blood and tears, followed by his. No mercy, no remorse."

He held her eyes a little longer, then dug his hand into the rucksack to remove a .45 calibre pistol, and lengths of nylon rope. Kyle tossed the ropes into her lap, and held up the weapon. "This is our plan, until we have him tied up. Stay behind me." To take quick, decisive action was what the Army had trained him to do, and that's what spurred the man now. Waiting any longer, when all appeared as safe as it ever would be, served no purpose, and could only possibly lead to hesitation, or the making of a nervous mistake. Kyle didn't allow time for Zai to respond before he exited the vehicle, and quietly approached the isolated residence.

"Grab me another beer, baby."

Ian Drummond, splayed out on the sofa in the main room, lifted his head to speak to his girlfriend, who pottered about in the adjoining kitchen. It was just after she'd closed the refrigerator, and popped the can, that the sound of splintering wood echoed around the cabin. The noise caused the beer to drop from the pretty brunette's hand, spraying her tank top and frayed denim shorts with foam, and for her eyes to fly wide open in surprise.

Simultaneously, her boyfriend jackknifed off the sofa, with his features screwed up in an expression of shock and anger. "What the Fuck?" The athletic twenty-three year old, in jeans and muscle top, swiftly moved across the floor to tackle the intruder who'd burst through the front door, before he suddenly stopped in his tracks at the sight of a gun aimed in his direction.

"Remember me, Cole Douglas said that I should drop in, hope you don't mind?" Kyle stepped forward to press the muzzle of his weapon against Ian's forehead. "Oh, and I brought a friend." In complete control of the situation, adrenaline coursed through the Army veterans veins as he swiveled his eyes to see if Zai had followed him in. "Now sit the fuck back down, before I put a bullet through your head."

That's when Lauren Brennan found her voice, and began to scream.

Following Kyle around the lake and up towards the cabin, excitement finally set it. It was happening. What she'd been so anxiously waiting for had finally arrived. So much closer to hurting Cole. So much closer to reciprocating the same pain he'd so generously given to her. Though just before they left Zai had made sure to take the knife Kyle had given her and secured it against her hip in her shorts and followed behind Kyle. The smile on her lips never left as two duo went up a set of stairs quietly before appearing before the cabin door. Azairah flinched as Kyle kicked the door in and entered closely behind him as not to reveal herself yet. Her eyes moved quickly around the cabin's interior. They were way too exposed. Too many windows open and without blinds. Appearing from behind Kyle with her hands behind her back she waved. "Hey there handsome. Remember me?" A clear twisted, confused look sprawled against Ian's face.

"Oh c'mon, it wasn't that long agโ€”" Interrupted by a shriek that ripped out of Lauren's mouth, Azairah sighed and turned to the girl frozen in her scream. There was no helping it. Zai had to shut her up and she really wish she didn't have to be the one to do it but it's what it came down to as Kyle was occupied. "Sweetie, sweetie, I'm going to need you to shut your whore mouth, please." And in that moment, Azairah lifted her leg and let her foot drive as hard as she could into Lauren's stomach. Not a second later did the girl choke on her scream and fall to the floor gasping frantically for air. That didn't mean Zai was finished. Certainly not. She was barely just getting started.

Another blow was landed on Lauren, only this time Azairah's foot crashed into the side of her head, knocking the girl onto her side to cringe in pain. "HEY. BITCH. DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER." "Do you remember who I am yet? The longer it takes for you to remember, the more I'm just gonna hurt her," Zai purred as she lifted the gasping girl's head up by her luscious brown locks. "I don't know who you fucking people are. What the fuck do you want with us?! You come into my fucking house and fuckingโ€”" "Hush. Do you remember who I am or not?" Azairah pushed the heaving girl over onto her stomach, knocking her hands out from under her stomach and pushing them above her head so she could lay flat against the ground. "I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE! How the fuck do you know Coleโ€”" Ian stopped his words mid-sentence and his dark eyes followed Azairah carefully as she took a seat down against his sobbing girlfriend. "Ah, I think you're remembering. You don't mind if I take a seat here right?" Azairah chimed. "You're that chick from that party," he said with a nervous laugh. "The one that Coleโ€”" "Bingo! The bitch that Cole Douglas wrecked! The bitch that you watched getting beaten. The bitch you encouraged Cole to fuck up. Nice to see you again babe. Fortunately we're meeting again under these circumstances."

Azairah watched as his hands clenched into fists and his body shook just slightly. "FYI, I wouldn't take on the big guy in front of you. He'd snap you in half and we can't have that yet. We have to have a little fun first before we do that." Standing and walking over the girl Azairah marched around the cabin, first at the door to shut it as much as it could go before dragging one of the seats in the living room to block the now broken front door.

Next came the windows and blinds that came shut and locked and after any major lights. Moving quickly she spotted one of their cellphones and put it in the back pocket of her shorts before then returning to Kyle with the pistol still at Ian's head. "We're gonna get him in a chair, tie him down and the "First Act" of our lovely premier will begin shortly," Zai said with a smile. Dragging another wooden chair from across the room and placed it in front of Ian. "What the fuck do you mean first act? What the fuck are you guys going to do to us?" "What do you mean 'what the fuck are we going to do to you?'" Azairah smiled, teeth and all before a cackle came from her. "Oh man, sorry, that was too funny. Ian honey... He has a gun to your head and I have rope in my hands and a god-damn knife," she said lifting her shirt, revealing the sheathed blade wedged between her shorts and her body. "I'm sure if you put logic together you'll come to realize that I'm hereโ€” we're here to kill you, Princess. You and your girl."

Her wild, vibrant, excited eyes looked right into Ian's as terror began to slowly set in. Glancing and nodding at Kyle to pull him into to the seat, Azairah returned to the poor girl who'd finally caught her breath in the corner. "Are you back honey?" Nothing but slow, tired gasps came from her until Azairah that is, grabbed a handful of her hair and dragged her across the room.

Shrieks once more lit up the cabin until Azairah had her just a ways in front of Ian, seated in front of the couch. Once Ian was seated, with Kyle's help, Azairah pulled the rope around Ian and secured him as tight as she could and as far as the rope would allow to go around his body evenly. "Move an inch and all he has to do is pull the trigger at this point and your brains will be painted along the walls of your cabin. Comfy?" Ian shot her a look, and she smiled. "Good." "You guys aren't going to get away with this shit. You guys aren't gonna make it out alive. I'm gonna kill the FUCKING BOTH OF YOU," he screamed as spit came flying from his mouth before thrashing around in his seat. "See, that's the same exact shit I said and look at the positions we're in. Look what I have to do to get back at your idiot friend?" Before taking a seat down against the couch next to Ian she pulled out the knife tucked in her shorts and sighed. "Now look at the mess you dragged your darling, little girlfriend into Ian. She's crying, hurting and probably just wants to do home at this point." "Ian..." Lauren said through gasping sobs. "Ian I don't want to die... Why are you... guys so fucking stupid..? Ju-just say sorry..." "Good question," Azairah answered. "Why do you and your friends make stupid decisions? Look where it gets you. You tied up and your girlfriend living her last moments."

Her eyes then followed Kyle and she smiled to her dear partner. "Now if you'll be so kind Ian, my lovely partner here would like to start the show." "DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER. DON'T YOU FUCKING LAY A HAND ON HER. I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU BOTH."​

Zai had entered right behind him, and when Kyle caught her eyes, he perceived the same excitement in them that had consumed his entire being, and sent goosebumps of anticipation down his spine. They were about to write the first act of their depraved play. It was real, Ian Drummond and Lauren Brennan were real, as was the fear in the former's eyes, and the latter's piercing scream.

"Zai, can you please shut the bitch up, she's giving me a headache." Kyle spoke over his shoulder, after Azairah re-introduced herself to Ian, then swiped the handle of the gun across the man's cheek. At the same time, and not having required his request, Zai handled the brunette. Evan's watched on in admiration as his companion didn't hold back, brutally laying into her fists and her feet, and then displayed the foresight to close the curtains, block the door, and grab the cell phone.

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU."

He shook his head in mockery at the red-faced, foaming-at-the-mouth Ian when Zai took up the ropes, and together they bundled him into the chair. He attempted to resist, but Evan's simply waved the gun, lifted his foot to kick him back down, and remained silent until after Zai had him firmly bound. "You reap what you sow, buddy."

Kyle spoke in a tone devoid of empathy, and his expression dared the kid to even try to escape. After he tested the ropes, ensuring the knots were secure, and while Zai dragged the sobbing Lauren across the floor, Kyle placed his gun on the adjacent coffee-table, along with the rucksack and theatrically withdrew a six-inch blade, similar to the one Azairah carried. "As the Lady says, time for the show."

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER. DON'T YOU FUCKING LAY A HAND ON HER. I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU BOTH."

"I don't think you're in any position to make threats, son." Kyle shrugged, and looked down at the woman Zai had deposited at his feet, before she'd settled down in the front row.

Lauren lay on her side, with eyes closed, and whispering under her breath. However, she didn't remain that way for long, for the pain elicited by Kyle simultaneously tearing clumps of hair from her scalp and driving his knee into the brunette's pretty face immediately garnered the girl's full attention. Bone shattered, blood splattered, and a gleaming white tooth flew across the room, accompanied by an earsplitting howl of unadulterated agony. "On your knees."

"You're fucking sick, she didn't do nothing to you." Spittle flew from Ian Drummond's mouth, his legs and arms struggled uselessly to break free, and the chair rocked back and forth with his fury.

"And Zai did nothing to you."

"Please, don't hurt me any more. He's sorry, he's sorry, Ian, tell them you're sorry." Lauren pleaded through swollen, bloody lips, almost choking on the viscous red fluid that flowed internally from her broken nose and clogged her windpipe.

"I'm sorry, I'm fucking sorry"

Kyle ignored the both of them as he maintained control of Lauren by the hair, and placed the tip of the blade against her throat. "You know what he did to Axairah, don't you, you know your boyfriend is a rapist, but you don't fucking care?" No mercy, no compassion, the man's veins contained nothing but pure ice as he dug the point into the soft flesh of Lauren's throat. A drop of crimson fluid dribbled onto the metal, which became a steady stream as he drew the blade down, carving a shallow incision into her flesh from neck to chest. "I should do the same to you."

Too in shock to scream or fight, Lauren could only moan, and beg with wet-eyes. Blood and tears smeared her face when Kyle glanced over at Zai. "What do you think, honey, should I rape the slut?"

He had no intention of doing so, but Ian and Lauren weren't aware of that, when next he sliced through the material of Lauren's tank-top, and cups of her cheerful pink bra, causing her perky tits to fall free. Rivulets of red ran from her battered face and sliced skin, coated her exposed breasts, rolled down her stomach, and dripped onto the carpeted floor.

"Please, no, no." Lauren's weak slaps pattered against Kyle's legs, as she believed her worst nightmare, even more-so than the pain he'd already caused, and one that every woman feared, was about to be realised. The same nightmare Zai had been forced to endure.

"Don't." Ian's face had turned pasty-white, and a lone tear fell from the corner of one eye as he trembled under the ropes.

Kyle deigned to look at him, "I thought you liked to watch," then swiftly refocused on Lauren when a second soft, pleading denial slipped from between her split lips.

"Think you can say no to me, bitch?" The Army Vet wondered if Ian would recall where he'd heard that phrase before, so vivid in Kyle's own memory from the initial police statements of Zai's rape, as he reacted to the plea by violently lifting the man's lover up by her tresses, and savagely slamming her head against the glass top of the coffee table, splintering it with the impact.

Razor-sharp shards of glass shredded Lauren's features, and flaps of skin, the colour of raw steak, hung from her cheeks when Kyle released his grip, allowing the half-naked woman to flop to the floor like a rag-doll, and pinned Ian with a merciless gaze. "Tell me it's okay to rape her, and I'll let you live. An eye for an eye, we'll be even. Your choice."

He wouldn't be surprised if the sorry excuse for a man agreed to sacrifice his girlfriend to save his own skin, and such a display of moral cowardice could only provide incentive for Zai to further increase his suffering. Whilst Kyle would fulfill his promise, he neglected to mention that his companion had her own intentions, or what the woman was capable of.

Kyle blew Azaiarah a kiss as he awaited Ian's reply and for the moaning, semi-conscious, pain-wracked and writhing Lauren to recover her senses enough for him to continue the performance. "Having fun?"

Such a tragic, beautiful moment filled Azairah with pain.

Inexplicable pain... It was unbearably sad that she could relate and understand what Lauren Brennen was going through. Innocent though just as guilty as Ian. But she didn't care. No one cared for her when she was in this situation. No one care if she lived or dead. So she sat there and she witnessed this young woman get battered and beaten by her handsome accomplice. The more she watched, the less her heart ached for Lauren. The less she felt sorry for herself anymore. This was her reality. "This is what I had to go through Ian. And you and your friends watched as this happened to me. You're just as much a rapist as Cole is." Taking a deep breath in through her nose the smile returned to her face. Watching Kyle pull off what he promised... "You said it yourself, honey. An eye for an eye. You should definitely rape her." But listening to Kyle defend Azairah and what she'd been fighting for, for so long, what was haunting her and terrorized her for months... It was relief. It was like a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. Smiling like a school girl as Kyle blew her a kiss, she stood then, Ian's eyes watching carefully as she moved around him. "More fun than you could ever imagine. So," she spoke softly, standing on her feet once again. Zai turned to the sobbing, infuriated Ian and smiled. "He asked you a question, Princess. Does he rape her, sparing your life or what?"

Clearly not amused with his options, Ian sat in a struggle, in torment, watching as his bloody, just barely conscious girlfriend cried and moaned in pain. "Taking an awfully long time to decide there. Shame on you Ian. Are you actually thinking more about yourself than her," Zai question pointing behind her at the two. "Just let her go. Just let her fucking go. Please. She didn't do anything to you." "Like my lovely comrade just said, I didn't do anything to you or Cole. Did I deserve that? Of course not." Unsheathing her knife Zai took her place behind Ian who'd suddenly began to shake violently in front of her. It was cute. He was scared. "You know she's going to die right?" Azairah lowered herself ear level to Ian before speaking again. Ian turned his head as much as he could to see what the murderess was up to but Azairah took a handful of Ian's hair and forced his head forward. Nothing but whispers into Ian's ear, she continued. "She's going to die and it's all your fault. You put her in this situation. You and you friends all put yourselves in this situation. Now you have to watch your girlfriend die by the hands of another man... And you?" There was a momentary pause with Ian's uneven breathing and heaving chest as he shook in his seat. He was pissed obviously but there was nothing he could do about it. "'If only I could get out of this seat. I'd beat all there asses and we'd go home and report them.' I'm sorry to say, love... But your fate is just the same as hers." "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Azairah returned upright and moved from behind Ian and returned to Kyle where she then proceeded to pull the rest of Lauren's blood-stained top off. But before walking away Zai's eyes met Kyle's for a moment and she nodded. "Kill her," she announced loud enough. "Kill her and enlighten Ian and I. Paint the walls and floors of this cabin in her blood, my darling." Turning then on her heel and returning to Ian, she held his head in place before stuffing his mouth with Lauren's shirt as much as Ian's mouth would allow and it was then Zai really began to feel how scared he was. Ian was sweating, shaking, and if she wasn't mistaken she was sure he was crying too. It was in that moment Azairah pulled his head back to reveal Ian's long neck. It started first as a shallow mark, from one side of his neck to the other. A rush of blood poured from his neck and down onto is shirt. Ian immediately howled through the bloody top as he thrashed about in his seat.

"This is better than I thought it was going to be..." Zai whispered. "You're making this so much fun for me Ian. Sing a little more for me, honey..." Zai's hands continued, the blade moving down into Ian's collarbone. The further down she moved the more he howled a beautiful melody of agonizing pain. Zai then moved around towards the front of Ian's eyes wide in shock and horror. "The problem... are those eyes... Those ugly gray eyes of yours that watched it happen..." Meticulously, the murderess lifted her hand once more, letting the bloodied blade drag along Ian's cheek. "It's those eyes. That's what's pissing me off. That's what I hate the most about all of you." Azairah's eyes had met Ian's but she wasn't looking at him and instead she looked at how she was going to take those eyes from him. Her delicate caramel fingers cupped Ian's face, thumbs rubbing the slight bags under his eyes as she hummed silently. Not giving it much thought and more letting her body react to the situation, Azairah's thumbs pulled Ian's lower eyelid down before her thumb nails pushed into Ian's eyes. He blinked and squeezed his eyes shut trying to turn his head away from her yet that only made the rest of her nails dig into his head to keep him steady in her hands. Muffled, violent screams filled her ears as her nails pushed and pushed into his eyes. Humming turned into light singing joined together with Ian's screams. "'โ€”and I watched a change in you... It's like you never had wings. Now you feel... so alive. I watched you change...'" Blood poured from his ruptured eyes. It was disgustingโ€” the feeling, the texture of his eyes against her fingers. The sight of it giving the sensation no justice โ€”absolutely disgusting and it was shown on Azairah's face but she continued because she wanted to to rid the world of his disgusting gray eyes that observed her rape. "'I took you home, set you on the glass... I pulled off your wings, then I laughed...'" She sang with a smile. Ian's chest wildly heaved, and he screamed through the fabric.

Pulling her hand back from piercing his eyes and wiping what ever followed out on her jacket. Azairah, with her knife, pieced Ian's cheek before violently pulling her hand back to watch his cheek split open. Blood splayed everywhere and it was that moment where rage filled her and she wanted nothing more than Ian to die. She wanted to make it so he wasn't recognizable, completely ruined... just as Cole did to her. So she did what she came to do.

Kill Ian.

She broke him.
"'Now, now look at him, look at him now, look at him, sting.'"

He had to feel it.
What it felt like to have broken bones, broken spirit, broken hope of any help. It was only fair that she show him what it was like to have his arms broken, his legs broken, his ribs broken, his means of escape broken. Taken. He wasn't going anywhere any time soonโ€” ever. But she had to keep him with her, alive and awake and aware that he was being hurt by this small, angry, powerful woman. With every groan of pain and slipping consciousness she brought him back to the moment, smashing the back of his head with a broken chair leg. There was no sleeping yet... No matter how bad he wished he was relieved of this moment. Ian didn't deserve that. "You're going to be good and sit there a little while longer honey... Who knows when it'll be over... Who knows when I'll finally break your spirit."

She tortured him.

He had to feel it.
What the pain of what being raped did to someone's sanity. How it haunted them, tortured them, how the pain held them responsible for letting it even happen. How it all could have been avoided had they not been where they were when they were. She cut him and cut him and cut him, till he was nothing but a canvas of redโ€” a canvas of blood. He couldn't see, and she was sure he couldn't feel anything anymore. By then the dear murderess was certain he was slipping and she was so glad he'd lost his life by her hands and Azairah was overcome with such a sweet satisfaction. As much as she hated his gray eyes... it was a shame she couldn't get to see the light disappearing from his eyes, the life being pulled from his body with each freshly made wound he received.

She killed him.

He couldn't feel it anymore.
He was dead.
Limp, cold, and gone.

Azairah had long ago felt his blood seep through her tank top and shorts. It covered her legs, arms and face, filled her shoes and dripped back onto the floor by the tips of her fingers. The murderess dropped the knife letting it thud loudly against the wood floor. It was over. Three of them were dead and soon Cole would get word of his oh too good friend's death. Dropping to her knees, Azairah looked down at her hands and the pool of blood under her and smiled. From smiling, to giggles and giggles to laughter. "I did it." She managed to say through her fit of laughter. "Look at how beautiful he is, Kyle."

Kyle had witnessed before the terror in a woman's eyes, her squeals and flinches, the shocked expression as blood filled her vision and dripped from incisions carved into her flesh, and he knew Lauren's screams were only caused partly by physical agony. The pain wasn't great as those who'd only seen death as it was glamourised by Hollywood would expect, as the human body had an incredible coping mechanism, and the chemicals that flooded her veins dulled her sense. However, they could not do the same for her mind, and the true anguish was created by the knowledge of her impending demise, and it was that anguish which soothed Kyle's. His victims suffered for him, and it was obvious from Ian' pleading, and the tremors that had overcome his voice and limbs, that the assault of Lauren was having as much an impact on the woman's boyfriend, as it did on her. Exacerbated by Zai's taunting, and the promise he was next.

When Zai instructed him to kill Lauren, Evans gripped the battered girl by the hair, placed his lips adjacent to her ear, "I wouldn't touch her cunt with a ten-foot fucking pole, let alone my cock. I've known where it's been," and smiled at her boyfriend as he drove his blade into her stomach. Careful to avoid major organs, steel tore through sinew and tendon, ripped apart soft flesh, and hot splatters of her blood sprayed onto his face and coated his clothing. Lauren's teeth bared in a silent scream as the hollow pit of her stomach acted like a vacuum to draw the knife deeper, before the tip met the resistance of the girl's vertebrae, and halted the blade's momentum. However, not for long.

It took only another thrust of Kyle's arm to sever her spine, and for the point of the knife to protrude from her back when he released the hilt, causing Lauren to flop to the floor, and spasm and twist like a fish on dry land. Ragged moans and sobs escaped her lips, and the girl coughed up clots of black blood, as crimson fluid leaked from her wound, forming a spreading, viscous puddle beneath her. By Kyle's estimate, it'd take at least fifteen, slow, agonising minutes for Lauren to die. Time enough to savour Zai's performance.

In a posture designed to leave Ian in no doubt that the baton had been passed to Zai, the Army Vet casually folded his arms across his chest, locked eyes with her victim, and nodded for her to get on with the show. And what a show it was. The kid thrashed, bucked and moaned through the shirt stuffed down his throat, but there was no escape and, when humming as a woman might do on a pleasant Sunday afternoon whilst out picking flowers in the garden, she clawed at his eyes, Kyle laughed aloud. As the frenzy became ever more wild and brutal, the man stepped back as to not accidentally get in her way, and she swiftly became as caked in Ian's blood as he was in Lauren's. Bones cracked, moans erupted, flesh tore, optic fluid leaked from his ravaged sockets, and Kyle Evan's revelled in every second of it.

Was it wrong that he became erect as the previously arrogant and confident Ian Drummond was transformed into a bloody, mangled mess, barely recognisable as the handsome college-boy he'd once been? Undoubtedly, to the rest of the human race, but not to Kyle Evans. Only when the boy drew his final breath, appropriately, only seconds after Lauren Brennan had let slip one last wet gurgle before her eyes had rolled, listlessly, back in her head, did Kyle move again.

Not towards Zai at first, but to the mantlepiece above the unlit open fire-pace where he collected the items that had garnered his attention, before he turned to grace her with a look of pure admiration. Ian Drummond, arms and legs spread wide, flesh tattered and torn, and eyeballs burst open like squashed grapes, was splayed out in their seat behind her, and Zai appeared to Kyle as she had to him in the forest; the avenging angel of death. He'd been fortunate enough to witness Zai release her inner fury, without inhibition, and it wasn't the blood or gore, or half-naked body of the once beautiful and desirable Lauren that aroused him, it was Azairah D'Amici, So unlike any other woman he'd ever encountered, and possibly unlike any other who'd ever existed.

Considering the mutilated corpses, and the reasons behind their presence, the end should have been a sombre occasion, however, Zai's giggles were infectious, and with the strange reaction likely brought on by an adrenaline rush come-down after the murders, the Army Vet found himself responding in kind. "He's perfect, and so are you, do you have any idea how fucking hot that was, how fucking hot you look right now?" Kyle lifted Zai to her feet, enfolded her in his embrace, and planted a soft kiss on the murderess' lips, not caring about the sticky wetness that soaked from her clothing onto his, and through to his skin. He simply held Azairah, and pecked her lips again and again, as he had when they'd danced at the bar, giggling, and whispering, "My Lady In Red."

Eventually, it could have been one minute later or it could have been five, the kisses ceased, and accompanied by a grin, Kyle brought a hand up to display the plastic bag filled with yellow pills, discovered on the mantle-piece. "Look what I found, it doesn't appear as if our hosts are going to provide much in the way of conversation, but at least they were gracious enough to cater, so I think it'd be rude if we didn't stay the night, and take them up on the hospitality. Then, in the morning, well what's a vacation to Florida without a visit to the Alligator feeding?" Another fit of giggles struck Kyle as he glanced at the deceased Ian and Lauren, then arched a brow at Azairah. "Sound fun?"

And thus the first act was complete leaving just two more before the finale.

Sadly enough Azairah only wished it could have lasted forever, wishing she could have brought the prick back to life just to kill him again. An endless cycle all for him. Azairah's body trembled gently as she sat in the small, red puddle of Ian's blood trying her hardest to come down from such an incredible rush. This was what she was missing. This excitement, rush, euphoria... It was an ultimate feeling and had she not replied to Kyle's email she'd be miserable and missing out on the opportunity to feel alive again. Red. Nothing but red stained everything, everywhere and slowly seeped into the cracks and creases of the cabin's wooden floor. It was on her clothes, he once white tank top now a crimson. It was relentlessly drying against her skin, splattered across her cheeks and buried deeply under her long, dark painted nails. Zai's fit of laughter continued as she thought, three down and who ever came in their way to go.

Lisa was dead. Ian was dead. Lauren was dead.

Hell, they were even closer to Cole now. Coming down from her spree of cackles, Kyle's sudden excited voice brought her back to her reality and with his help, her murderer pulled her up from her spot on the bloody floor. But as he spoke excitedly at her, there was nothing but laughter once more. "Hot?" she questioned through giggles. "Are you sure about that?" Lowering her voice into a delicate coo she continued. "I mean if me killing another human being just to end up covered in their blood is something you like, I promise I'll do it more often," she said with a conniving smile. However, before Azairah could dare say anything else, Kyle's bodyโ€” his warmth was pressed against hers and so were his lips. Surprised by the sudden passionate gesture, Zai's body still remained honest and ached under his touch. Unable to resist, unable to fight the urge, Azairah groaned against his lips and melted against him as she grabbed his shirt. Not expecting Kyle to react in such a positive way was way too good. Way too wonderful a moment to just have once. The murderer praised his murderess for a job well done.

Just as her comrade finally pulled back after what felt like a few solid minutes, Azairah let out a deep breath, smiling as her eyes followed up to the small plastic bag of yellow pills. Drugs. Of all things they had, they had drugs. It'd be rude and a completely waste if they didn't take them. It was the least they could do after killing them after all. "Who'd want to talk to them anyways? At any rate, it'd be completely rude if we left without enjoying their generous hospitality." Reaching forward and slipping the plastic bag from Kyle's grasp, Azairah parted her lips and popped the pills in her mouth before joining lips again with Kyle. Her arms found themselves around his neck, smiling into their kiss as she forced the slowly dissolving pill into his mouth with her tongue. Based the horrible taste... "Ecstasy," she said softly with a smile. "Tastes like complete shit but you'll feel great before you know it."

Zai was never one for drugs. The most she'd done was a little weed back in high school, cigarettes maybe a few times but never anything hard. Though this was a celebration. A joyous moment that had to be thoroughly enjoyed. Allowing her pill to dissolve just a bit under her tongue, and making a sour face at the taste, Azairah pulled back letting a fit of laughter leave. "If this is what it feels like to kill him..." she said nodding toward Ian's now dead body. "Imagine Cole, Kyle. Image the fucking damage I'm going to do to him." Azairah grabbed Kyle's shirt, pulling at the bloody fabric gently. Her eyes were wild with excitement with the thought of Cole Douglas' murder. Her sleek, brown eyes glazed over the scene yet again. Lauren's mangled body, bleeding out on the wooden floor. Ian's disfigured form lying limp just near the two of them. "You though," she said suddenly with a wicked smiled. "You were so, so... So sexy. So violent. So destructive. You terrify me knowing that you're capable of that-" she said through frantic giggles. Zai turned in that moment, pointing to the broken, bloody once lively Lauren. "You're capable of so much violence and it excites me and for some bizarre reason... arouses me." She took a step back, nearly slipping in the pool of blood on the wooden floor and took a moment to breathe. Her cheeks and stomach ached from her riot of laughter. It was the truth. Kyle had taken Lauren's life without any hesitation and what a speckle it was. Azairah could finally relate to him. The feeling of being turned on after watching such a beautiful moment. Releasing Kyle's shirt and looking down at her own, her eyes rested on the horribly blood stained, once white, tank top. It was beginning to stick to her in a god-awfully uncomfortable way. Though deep down inside, as horribly twisted as a thought it was... Ian's blood felt...good. The blood of a dead humanโ€” a dead man against her skin. A man she killed herself and knowing he suffered and ached and cried and begged and pleaded all before his death gave her goosebumps.

Peeling her jacket from off her shoulders and the sleeves from her arms and tossing it to the ground she smiled at her lovely murderer. "Well if they're quietly and kindly providing us a place for the night, might as well get comfortable, huh? My top is starting to stick to me uncomfortably. Must mean I did too great a job, huh?" Placing her hands at the end of her shirt and peeling the damp material up and over her head, Zai dropped the sticky, red tank top right into the puddle of blood at her feet leaving her in just her bra and shorts. It wouldn't be too long before whatever they'd just taken hit. Only they ride they were bound to take would tell. Azairah didn't want to think about they were going to do with the bodies. She didn't much care at this point. Her only concern was Kyle. Her only focus was the man before her and the burning happiness that shrouded her body.

It came about slowly, a smooth hour and a half later.

The indescribable, feeling of elation. It felt silly, stupid and amazing all at once. Colors looked richer, the cabin felt bigger than it actually as Azairah felt everything. The high took her by the shoulders and embraced her magically. Even more than before Azairah was a mess, giggling hysterically at the two dead bodies resting against the floor. Appreciating their mangled, dead, distorted forms and appreciate the creations the two of them made. They looked horrible but perfect and that was there doing and she was proud of it. "We worked hard," she said slow and softly. "We made them gorgeous..." Sitting down on the floor with a sigh and her back against the bottom part of the couch, Azairah leaned her head back letting it rest against the cushion seat. "You're so wonderful Kyle," she began again through light giggles. "You're such a good person... A good helpful person. You make me so happy. Did you know that? I'm so glad I met you. I'm so glad your mine. My favorite murderer." Raising her head and waiting for the room to stop spinning a little she pointed Kyle with a huge toothy grin. "I appreciate and I love you," she said confidently nodding. "Please don't go anywhere. That would make me really... angry, okay?"​

Pulling his gaze away from the mangled bodies, and back to Zai, Kyle's stared into her warm brown eyes. Ones which to him had remained warm, even when she'd clawed out those of Ian. Both of them painted in blood, the sensation of it seeping through their clothing and melding them together, felt natural, and there was no hesitation in his words, or the heat of his embrace and passion of his kisses. "Yep, hot." His blue orbs twinkled, and a crooked smile lit up the Army Veterans face. "And, you're right, they probably would've just pissed us off, and then we'd have had to murder them."

The smile transformed into a grin as he slid a hand down to Zai's waist, and displayed the bag of pills in his other. Kyle wasn't a man who sought out drugs, but nor was he inexperienced in their use. There'd be many an occasion on his tour of duty in Afghanistan where he and his comrades, implicitly condoned by his superiors, had required assistance to ease the effects of an adrenaline and endorphin rush come-down following a mission, when they were likely to collapse in exhaustion before the debriefing, or fight between each other. That high was addictive.

When the build-up of chemicals in his bloodstream dissipated, the muscles in Kyle's arms and legs quivered, and he sensed the first strains of mental exhaustion begin to claim him. He didn't want to sleep, he didn't want to collapse to the floor, he didn't want the darkness to pass, and for the time to fly where, before either of them knew it, they'd be woken by the breaking of dawn, and required to leave. Kyle Evans wanted nothing more than to spend until the early morning hours awake, talking to and holding Azairah, and savouring the completion of the first act of their depraved play.

Zai didn't hesitate when he offered her what was, he knew from experience, an ecstacy tablet, and slipped it between her lips before she kissed him again. Kyle's mouth opened to hers, and he moaned softly as her tongue danced against his, barely noticing the bitter taste of the pill through the sweetness of her mouth. "I couldn't have done it without you." The room appeared to close in, leaving only space for him and Zai, and nothing else existed in that brief moment as the drug dissolved. Then their lips parted, and all came back into focus when his gaze followed hers to appraise the scene.

No mercy, no remorse, simply excitement at the acts they'd perpetrated. "That was only a warm-up," he replied, nodding at the duo when she stepped back and tugged on his shirt. He liked that. As she pulled him closer, he lifted a hand and caressed a scar on her cheek, flecked with the life-blood of one of the men who'd caused them. "You think I'm violent, then you should have seen yourself. Remind me never to anger you, Ms D'Amici. You're terrifying when you're mad, but so fucking sexy." Kyle teased as he briefly slipped his tongue into her mouth, and nipped at her lower lip. "I'm glad you enjoyed the show, and believe me, your own was just as arousing. Cole Douglas is going to rue the day he was born."

An image entered his mind of the poor, and as yet unaware of his doomed future, Cole, being crucified, arms and legs spread and screaming in agony as Zai drove six inch nails through the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet, although he didn't mention it to Azairah. She was sure to have her own plans for the asshole. By the time the image cleared, she'd released him, and Kyle was greeted with an enticing sight. That of the fabric of her shirt sliding off her body, leaving Zai in naught but shorts and a bra. Kyle lowered his gaze, and allowed it to linger for a few moments, before he pulled his attention back to her face, a mischievous smirk playing across his lips. "You did great Zai, and as gorgeous as you look in red, I think I could grow to appreciate that view even more. Promise you won't kill me if I stare?"

Kyle wasn't aware when the full effect of the E kicked in, if it happened gradually, or at a particular instant, but suddenly he noticed that the world appeared brighter and clearer. The crimson splatters that dripped down the walls and off the ceiling constantly changed shape and formation, telling their own story, whilst the bodies, which had been left as they'd died, took on an artistic pattern. Outlined in the light filtering through the drawn curtains, the corpses perfectly aligned with the moon's beam, as if it were a spotlight being shone onto a painter's canvas at an angle designed to best show off the perfection of his creation.

That concept elicited a laugh as, with a glance at Zai when she folded to the floor with her back to the couch, he theatrically squished through a pool of blood, wrapped his fingers around the blade embedded in Lauren and, in an effort reminiscent of King Arthur extracting Excalibur from the stone, placed one foot on her thigh and drew it free of her torso. Dead flesh further ripped and tore, and Lauren's body lifted in the air with the impetus, but Kyle didn't notice as he turned towards Ian.

"A present for our friend Cole." Every movement and action heightened in his drug-induced state, Kyle gripped Ian by the hair, and lifted his head up to stare into the black hollows that had once contained his eyes. A second later, he placed the serrated edge of the knife to Ian's left ear, and sliced through cartilage and tissue. "Maybe a third will help him hear the next time a woman says no." The Army Veteran displayed the grisly trophy to Zai, then nonchalantly tossed it on to the coffee table, and approached her.

In contrast to the emotionless way he'd just further degraded their victims, Kyle's eyes welled with tears when he dropped down beside Zai and threw an arm over her shoulder. He remained silent for a few moments, then gently cupped her cheek in his palm, and held her gaze. "I'll never leave you, I'll never hurt you, because, and I never thought I'd say this to a woman again, I love you, I need you. You complete me." The words came out in a whisper, and were followed by a soft, lingering kiss, before the drug once again swiftly dragged his mind off in another direction.

"Now, how about we take some shots for posterity." Breaking the kiss, and sliding his cell phone from his pocket, he snapped a picture of the incredible woman beside him, then focused on their victims. "You know, they are gorgeous. Once we're done, we could have our own photographic exhibition." Kyle spoke in a tone of pure amusement, and he began to laugh as the shutter clicked again and again, capturing the death scene in all its gory, bloody, beautiful glory, "A real-life Jackson Pollock tribute."

In the slow moments that Kyle's touch came into contact against her, did E heighten that sensation more. His hands were warm against her, big and firm against her body than usual. His lips more delectable than before and only made her want more of him than usual. The Feeling as if being pushed and pulled in and out of reality, the thing that at least remained the realest in that wild moment was Kyle. Those blue oceans staring intensely into hers that had glossed over with tears, Zai knew were real. She smiled then, adoring his soft, genuine confession. It wasn't the ideal situation or location for it, especially not covered in the blood of a couple they just murdered but at any rate, it was perfect. It was their normal. Her hand at his shirt, tugged just slightly wanting him nearer even if there were already shoulder to shoulder. It wasn't enough for her. Boldness mixed with the slow mixture of drugs took over a moment and Azairah moved slowly into Kyle's lap. Even then it still wasn't enough to satisfy her need to be closure, but it would do for the moment.

Nuzzling her cheek against Kyle's hand as she lifted her own to his to replicate the amorous gesture, she leaned in letting her forehead press to her partners. "If you're saying it again to a woman, will you promise to only say it to me only?" Zai whispered back, caressing her thumbs against his cheeks. "If I say it to you and mean it every time, will you say it to me? I think you're absolutely perfect... I won't leave you either..." Eliciting yet another smile from the murderess she brushed her lips against his heat filling her body. "I love you too..."

It was just a second later that Kyle did break away to pull out his phone and in that instant Azairah's laughter returned. "This masterpiece of ours is far to brilliant for a museum. Those art wannabe's wouldn't understand the creativity or where our muse comes from anyways." Still, the situation presented to themโ€” two dead, mangled bodies, blood soaking through the wood floor, high on ecstasy and here they were enjoying themselves with photos making cute faces silly faces just to commemorate the night. After all it was technically still a vacation. Memories had to be made. A wonderful thing had just occurred and even if this moment was just one of many more to come, it was one that would remain permanently.

"The ear is a real nice touch," she said through giggles. "I wish we could be there when he receives it. Just a friendly reminder not to fuck with people. Us for that matter," she said leaning over once again. Azairah easily let a kiss linger on his lips. "And Kyle..." she began to mutter almost embarrassingly. "You can't kiss me like thatโ€” more than once for that matter and not expect me to get a little... excited. That's no fair at all. I could be a huge tease if I wanted and I know you wouldn't like it," she cooed, leaning in to nip and tug gently at his lower lip. Soon enough hours rolled on, the ecstasy had settled in and Azairah felt like she was on another planet. If not another planet, she at least felt like another person in that moment. The dear murderess rambled on about who knew what at that point and it didn't matter. It was just ecstasy talking and it felt great. And as it began to slowly fade from her system Azairah had finally passed out next to Kyle on the floor at the small waking hours of dawn.

There was that familiar feeling around her again...

Warm and sheltering around her.
Kyle.

It was definitely a feeling she was easily getting much too used to. If it wasn't for the rumbling of her stomach letting her know she was hungry, she would have slept for just a little more. Just five more minutes... But it was useless. Taking a breath in, Zai finally opened her eyes and there was Kyle's handsome face, quietly dozing. Silent and still, she watched him. His peaceful face, though worn and tired remained the person she was undoubtedly falling in love with. "You make me so happy," she whispered to her darling, sleeping murderer. With her starving stomach pulling her away from her thoughts, Azairah slowly and carefully as to not yet wake Kyle, pulled herself away from his embrace and immediately gasped when he eyes landed on the dead couple in the center of the room.

It wasn't a dream.
No matter how small a part of her wanted to wish it was.

Azairah swallowed hard, staring at the two dead bodies line up beside each other in the spacious room. They did it... They actually did it and not deny it but the two of them looked pleasantly better dead at night. The warmth of the morning sun that spilled through the light curtains did them not justice either. Turning to her sleeping Kyle to once again admire his sleeping face for a minute to push out the alarming sight Azairah rubbed her tired eyes. Peaceful and undisturbed... But sadly they had to leave. It was already dangerous enough that they spent the night there high off their asses. Taking a soft breath in and sighing, she reached for Kyle's cheek when she realized it was covered in dry blood. Taking a moment to brush away what she could, the murderess gently pressed her hand to his cheek. As much as she hated to do it, she had to wake him up.

"Kyle, honey, wake up. We have to leave soon, love." Part of her wanted to watch him sleep blissfully like he was but that reality would never happen. Not with the position they were in. Leaning in and leaving little trails of kisses against his face, she upped herself and grabbed her blood stained jacket and proceeded to inspect the rest of the house. Finding the bathroom and Lauren and Ian's things in the corner of the bedroom. Azairah knew for a fact she couldn't and very well wouldn't leave the house looking the way she did. Well, she could, but preferred not to. She wasn't going to risk a quick walk to Kyle's truck around the lake to get a change of clothes. At least not in broad daylight. Laura's clothes would have to do for moment no matter how much she actually didn't want to remember Kyle having killed her. It certainly was a shame she had to wash herself off. Azairah was quite proud of her efforts and blood on her body was the reward she'd gotten for a job well done but sadly the cruel society they lived in wouldn't have accepted her had she walked out of that cabin covered in dried blood.

In her search through Lauren's god awful choice of midriff exposing, as see through as possible and incredibly short clothing, Azairah managed to find a plain cropped tank-top that was dark enough to conceal the blood on her bra at the very least. Unlucky finding a new pair of bottoms, to curvy for Lauren's size Zai had to deal with the slightly blood stained shorts she had and pulled her shoulder length brown locks into a messy bun. When she looked up at herself in the mirror she smiled. It was horrible how liberating it was. The situation as a whole. No matter how hard she wanted to try, there was no way she could go back living that way she did. That boring, bland, miserable life. Kyle had changed all of that for her, pulled her out of that cycle and into something new, exciting and dangerous. Her smile changed into a toothy grin before sudden giggles. "Hey!" she shouted from the bathroom, hoping Kyle was at least awake somewhat. "When we leave, you should let me drive."​

The soft whisper of her voice floated into his ears, and Kyle Evan's attempted to keep his lips from curling up into a smile, so that she wouldn't realise he was awake. "You make me so happy." How long since a woman had said that to him, how long since anyone had said that to him? As she bade him good morning, the man's mind drifted to the previous evening's events. Not the murders, but afterwards. Zai's melodic laugh had filled the room, when he'd taken the photographs of their dead victims, her appreciation of their artwork, and removal of Ian's ear. How her tone had changed, and he discerned the hatred of her attackers, and in particular, Cole Douglas. How, then, she'd slid into his lap and told him she loved him.

The man's heart had almost burst with pride, and an excited chill of anticipation had trailed down his spine, raising goosebumps on his arms, as she'd jested about his teasing. He'd had to stop himself from embracing her tighter than he already had, for fear of crushing Azairah with his need to be closer. "You're already a tease Ms D'Amici, just watching you move, hearing your voice, being in the same room as you, is a tease. Every moment."

His response had been barely audible, as hands slid down her back, stopping just above her butt, and Kyle fell back against the wall with an expression of adoration on his features. "But if you insist, next time I won't stop." The man's gaze had remained on her for the next few seconds, before it drifted to the mutilated corpses, and any thoughts of taking it further dissipated from his mind. The act of consummating their union was growing ever closer, but now was not the moment, not with drugs in their veins, and in the presence of the dead. Not their first-time anyway. So, the subject had changed, and they'd talked and they'd laughed, and they'd kissed, and they'd rambled until, as had become their custom, the murderers fell asleep, content, in each others arms.

One eyebrow slowly lifted as she raised from the floor, and the Army Veteran finally allowed the smile to pass his lips as he watched Aziarah D'Amici, still soaked in blood, move across the cabin, admiring her beauty in silence. Only when she disappeared from view, and he heard the water running in the bathroom, did the man move. In the harsh sunlight filtering through the curtains, Ian and Lauren didn't appear quite as beautiful, and although the sight still elicited a sense of satisfaction, he decided to dispose of them before Zai returned, and they could get on their way.

Rigor mortis had set in, causing Kyle to grunt in effort when he first lifted Lauren. He carried her to the patio door, opened it, and walked around the back to peer down at the swamp below. No alligators visible, but they were around, however, as if to they consumed carrion, he didn't really know. Possibly it depended on how hungry they were. Kyle watched the body tumble from his arms, and when it hit soft ground twenty feet below, returned for Ian. They could have remained in the cottage, but Kyle believed such trash didn't deserve the dignity of an open-casket funeral, and if the 'gators didn't get them, other animals and insects would. When they were discovered, Ian and Lauren, no matter the skill of the mortician, would never able to be made appear fully human again, and that was an appropriate finale to their pathetic lives.

As he finished, and dusted their filth off his clothes, Zai's voice ringing out and telling him to wake up, elicited a laugh. "Morning, gorgeous, I've disposed of the trash, so after I've washed, I'll be ready to leave, and, of course you can drive." Kyle's eyes twinkled with mischief as he approached her in the bathroom, the car keys jingling in one hand, and leaned in for a kiss. "As that means I get to just relax in passenger seat, and stare at you all day." He pressed the keys into her palm, then pulled back. "Something you mentioned last night sparked an idea."

Whether it was a thirst for more danger, a need to amplify the thrill of killing, remnants of the Ecstacy still in his system, or a desire to impress Azairah, a thought had occurred to Kyle, and as he spoke, he slid a cell-phone from his pocket. One that belonged to Ian Drummond. "You said you wished you could see Cole's face, but unfortunately that's not possible. However, rather than post our gift via snail-mail to buy time, we could always just stop along the way to phone him, and share some happy-snaps." Then dump the cell, and get the hell out of Dodge. Assuming Cole even contacted the authorities, it'd take the various jurisdictions a while to get their act together, ensure it wasn't a hoax, and trace the signal's originating location. "What do you say, your call?"

Appearing at the bathroom door was Kyle waving around his keys playfully. Azairah smiled taking them from his hand before resting a kiss unhesitatingly against his lips. He knew what to say or what to do to make the murderess smile and so she did and flashed him a bright, cheeky smile. "Staring at little me all day? You sure you'd get anything out of that? What good could that possibly do for you?" She questioned before leaning against the bathroom counter out of his way. Azairah hadn't worn a bit of make-up in days and was quite surprised she didn't look like trash yet and still parts of her felt less of the need to wear it. She only ever wore it to stop people from staring, questioning, wondering what happened to her. If she was a woman suffering from abuse or some other horrible case. But she wore it only to conceal the scars and marks left against her face from that terrorizing encounter just so few months ago and it was very clear Kyle enjoyed them.

The indents, the imperfections, the way it was just near the corner of her lips giving him all the more reason to touch her, to caress her face. Oh of course she'd noticed the way he'd touch it before or as he kissed her. The more he touched her reminder, the less pain she felt towards the and the less she hated the rest of them that were marked forever across the rest of her body. She didn't love how they happened, but Azairah loved how he loved them.

As he spoke again, Kyle's sudden suggestion had her full attention. Giving themselves away like that so soon? Realistically, it would take a while before they were even found. The police would have a lead and then what? They'd be running around like chickens with their heads cut off for a good while at the very least. What did she have to lose other than Kyle at that point? Azairah knew from the moment of her first kill that she was already a goner and nothing could change that. Granted Kyle took care of that for her. The kills she committed with him were just numbers. Painfully, fun numbers. One after the other. Letting out a sudden sigh after thinking she spoke. "It's fine with me," she said pushing herself off the counter. " Send him the gift too. You did all that hard work getting it off and I won't allow that to go to waste. We could even throw in a 'wish you were here!' with a heart. Butโ€”" she said suddenly. Azairah moved before him reaching forward to find his hands. Letting her caramel hands fill his, she squeezed. "Before we call him, let him get the box, let him... appreciate our kind gesture and when he has we can call him and ask him how he liked his gift." Releasing her hands from his, she instead let her arms rest around his shoulders and forehead pressed to his as her dark, amber eyes found those gorgeous, dangerous oceans of his. "I want to at least enjoy my time with you if that isn't too much to ask?" Letting herself in closer towards him, Azairah grinned. "Besides, we're on vacation. Lets go sight-seeing and all that snazzy stuff."

Releasing and moving around Kyle to leave the bathroom to him, Azairah left the room and returned to what was left of the destroyed living room. Red. Red everywhere but the bodies were gone just as Kyle had promised. Her eyes fixed on the chair that she murdered Ian on and a small laugh left her. And now Kyle wanted to risk what little coverage they had for the time being. A chill ran up her back and goosebumps teased her skin at the thought of actually being on the run. The possibilities, the problems, the loss. The last thing she wanted to lose was Kyle. The last thing she wanted was to lose the one person who filled her with life, who had returned the one thing she'd only ever wanted and asked for. But then again a part of her fought with the 'why play it safe' and continue as they had?

After all she had something she needed to get done.

A particular life she needed to takeโ€” a boy she needed to crush in her small, desperate, powerful hands.

The murderess knew that the minute she had Cole it was game over and in that moment she'd enjoy her time breaking him in the little pieces he deserved to be and just like Ian, he'd die. It wasn't until a second later did Azairah realize she was breathing much too hard as she scowled at the bloody, knocked over chair. Relaxing herself, she picked up anything that belong to them, her bloody tank top and the knife Kyle had given her along with other little things she could find.

When Kyle had finished it was time to finally depart and leave behind yet another kill and if she could, Azairah would burn the God-damn place down to boot but that would have been much to dramatic. The Floridian air was hot, extra humid and suffocating that morning as she followed Kyle back around the lake and as they finally approached his truck hidden in the greenery, Zai tossed the things in her hand in the back and got into the drivers seat. "Disney," she suddenly spoke. "We're going to Disney because what's a trip to Florida without going to Disney World? We can treat ourselves tonight with a nice place to sleep and everything. We worked hard last night, right? Slept on a cold, hard floor and everything, granted you had me to keep you warm," she snickered.

The truck roared to life and Azairah backed out of the small, dirt driveway alas finding the main road and taking off. In a moments drive they were back on the highway heading North and it was trees, road and the occasional car all over again. "Thank you," she voiced. "Thank you for last night."​

Leaning against the bathroom wall, Kyle teasingly lowered his gaze to appraise Azairah from head to toe, and smiled when his eyes eventually returned to her face. "Granted, you're not coated in blood, but still definitely worth staring at. However, I won't admit just what it does for me, as if I compliment you too often." The man flirted in a manner expected more of innocent adolescent lovers than one half of a duo who'd recently disposed of two brutally tortured and mutilated corpses. "You might tire of hearing how incredible you are."

A wink followed his words, before Zai approached, slipped her hands into his, and the conversation briefly turned sombre, Her scars, as always, attracted his attention, and even if she'd asked what it was about them, he thought added to her beauty, Kyle would have been unable to verbally express it. They were a feature unique to Azairah, that he couldn't imagine her without, and their cause, albeit painful, what had led to their union, and inspired their future. As she spoke, Kyle nodded in agreement. It made sense, and posting the ear would provide Cole definitive proof that his friend had indeed been butchered, and the subsequent graphic photo's he'd witness, not faked.

Her initial words, with their hint of potential loss, pierced his heart, and brought a momentary sadness to the man's expression, before Zai's subsequent smile elicited one of his own, and he pushed any negative thoughts away. "Not too much to ask, and I did promise a memorable Florida vacation, so that's what we'll do." Issuing a soft kiss to Azairah, he placed a hand on her hip, and maneuvered around to take his turn at the basin. Despite the red-rimmed eyes, and lack of sleep, Kyle experienced no tiredness or physical exhaustion. That's the effect the woman had on him, and he watched her in the mirror as he splashed and scrubbed Ian and Lauren's filth off his flesh. After finishing, Kyle dried his face with a towel, placed their trophy on ice scooped from the refrigerator, and, without a second glance at the scene, trailed Zai through the gore-stained living room.

"Always wanted to visit Disney, and we deserve an opportunity to relax, recharge, and for you to keep me warm again." Kyle laughed as he slipped into the truck, and met her gaze. "Thank you for last night. Thank you for providing a reason to exist." The Army Vet slipped his hand on top of hers, and squeezed, before the intensity departed, and he relaxed in the passenger seat. As promised, Kyle hardly took his eyes off Zai the entire journey. When she focused on the road, he admired her profile and the flex of the sinews in her limbs whenever she turned the steering wheel or applied the brakes, and each time she glanced his way, Kyle grinned and arched a mischievous brow, as if to jestingly ask if she had a problem with his ogling.

Except for a couple of short breaks, the duo didn't stop until they'd reached Orlando, where, as a reward for their previous night's success, he checked them into the Four Seasons; all expenses paid courtesy of the Amex card taken from Ian Drummond's wallet, whose removed appendage Kyle placed in the room's freezer. He'd add a postcard of the big-eared Mickey Mouse to accompany the red bow when he mailed it from the self-proclaimed, 'Happiest Place on Earth,' and hope Cole Douglas appreciated the humour.

Only when they were comfortably ensconced in their luxurious King size bed later that evening, with his head resting on a goose-down pillow, and arms tightly wrapped around Zai, did Kyle articulate what he'd been musing on since the conversation in the bathroom. "Back at the Cottage, when you mentioned our time together, I contemplated the possibilities of capture, and if warning Cole in advance is a very, very bad idea."

The man paused, then shrugged under the silk sheets. "But, I don't believe it is. Watching you kill, excites me, arouses me. I want more, and I want the world to know about you. How special you are, and that it's not us who are sick, or deranged, but them," Kyle nodded, ostensibly toward the hotel window, but meaning those outside, "and they're only reaping what they've sowed. I love you because of your courage and determination, and vow to protect you, regardless of who sets out stop us. Try as they may, I'll never allow anyone to harm you, or our mission to fail. That's my oath, and I'll die to keep it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holding Zai's hand, the expression on Kyle's face was one of unadulterated delight when they approached the Disney World entrance. Having woken with the break of dawn, the man had showered, and allowed Azairah to sleep for only a bare few minutes before he'd ordered room-service breakfast and jumped on the mattress, akin to an impatient kid unable to wait for his presents on Christmas morning. No who witnessed his keen anticipation could have envisaged Kyle as a savage multiple murderer, or that, as they entered the park, he carried the severed body part of a dead man on his person. However, as a child raised in an impoverished household, a Disneyland vacation had been his unrequited wish, and now here he was, living it out on a gorgeous Floridian day, with a beautiful woman by his side.

Kyle slipped an arm around Zai's waist, then laughed aloud when, as after they passed through the turnstile, Donald Duck approached, followed, like the Pied Piper, by a bevy of giggling and excited kids, and high-fived him. Every care, and every worry disappeared from his mind, as he grinned at Zai, then leaned in to peck her lips. "How about a hog-dog, and cotton candy?" For this day, they were normal. "Post Cole's gift." Well, mostly normal. "And then locate an attraction that'll have our adrenaline pumping." Disney World wasn't famed as a Mecca for thrill-seekers, but that was okay. Kyle had the bag of yellow pills secreted in his pocket if they required chemical assistance to boost excitement levels.

Finally miles away from the cabin after completing only part of their satisfying deed, the couple ended up just on the outskirts of Disney and after driving endlessly north with the occasional stop. Kyle certainly was good at keeping his word. That much was a given and occasionally Azairah would glance over to her relaxing and ogling partner just as he promised. Thanks to Ian's generosity, the two of them were able to rest well that night. Naturally, the first thing Azairah did was throw herself down on the massive King sized bed and after settling in and cleansing herself of the left over patches of dried blood. It wasn't until later that night did she realize how much effort she actually exerted in the killing of Ian. Poor woman was sore in place she didn't even know could get sore. Kyle holding her reassuringly under silk sheets later in the evening was just the cherry on top.

Exhausted as she was and finding herself dozing off a few times, when Kyle did speak did she give him her attention. Adjusting herself towards him, a look of concern spread across her face just as it had at the cabin at their previous conversation. But there were those smooth words of his again. Slipping from Kyle's embrace and turned to him face him to cup his cheek gently.

"I'm not going anywhere. You're not going anywhere. No one is going anywhere or getting captured by anyone," she said gently. Her concerned gaze turned to determination because what she felt was true even though that was the furthest thing from reality. And from determination came defeat. A deep sigh slipped as she momentarily closed her eyes and the hand that had tenderly caressed his face had listlessly dropped. But Kyle always had a way with his words and in no time the smile had returned.
"Ultimately, my love, we're the only ones who truly understand each others desires and that in itself is enough for me."

Returning back down against the bed at Kyle's side, Azairah let her hand curl around to the back of his neck in a gentle, endearing gesture. "I kill for us. I take lives because they deserve to die. I murder because that's the only plausible way to rid this disease ridden Earth of the filth that's taken over. You've taught me this and the most I can do is execute your teachings as graceful, bloody and fashionable as possible," she finished with a grin.

"The only objection I have with your oath thought, is that I refuse to accept your death in order to keep it. Iโ€”" she began. Averting her eyes and letting her slender digits tease the short hair at the nape of his neck, Azairah took a slight breath in.

"I love you, Kyle. Probably more than you'll ever get to truly understand. And I don't know whether or not it's too early to feel and express that to you but the least I can give you is honesty. " Her eyes remained on him for a moment as her hand moved from around his neck and her index finger touched his lower lip.

"You're mine." she said.

"I want you to be mine."

"If you want moreโ€” more of me, then I'll be sure to give you everything you've ever wanted."

Awakening to Kyle's excitement was completely expected and undeniably cute and only meant the day was going to be a good one. The last time she'd been there was when she was child and her family wasn't as broken as it was now. But why bother with sad thoughts so early in the morning when the man she wanted to give her heart to was excited over an amusement park? It was Disney World though. Kyle had the right mind to be excited.

After wake up completely, showering and prepping herself for the day she changed into white skirt and top to match. The most she could do was look nice if they were going somewhere together and deep down Azairah appreciated Kyle's ogling. So why not give him a pretty sight? It was the least she could do. From the moment they left their room, the quick walk to the park neighboring the hotel, right down to the minute they passed the turnstyle's entered the park Azairah's eyes never left Kyle.

His happiness was genuine and his laughs were pure and for once he looked like he was enjoying himself without the involvement of blood. The murderess loved watching him regardless. His expressions to the way his face lit up brighter than the sun, his gestures as he pointed at different monuments in the park, how she found his hands on her, around her waist or holding her hand tightly as she led him along the busy park to keep from losing each other. Azairah D'Amici wanted this moment to last for as long as it could. Basking in the sun, watching the one person who didn't hate her, honestly happy. Nodding to Kyle's suggestion of food, an small smile crept along her nude lips. "Cole's gift needs proper presentation though. A nice Disney World box with the biggest bow the gift shop has. To show him we care, you know?"

Though when all was said and done, the gift shop purchase ended with a black mouse eared box with a bright red bow which the two of them would have mailed. For the time being, Azairah forgot about Cole. She forgot about the revenge she'd long been waiting for and the pain and the anger that rested firmly at the core of her being. Instead Zai enjoyed her time with Kyle because they were numbered and the only thing she wanted in that moment was to get the most that she could of Kyle.​

Back
Top Bottom