Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Unexpected Reunion (SithMistress & DeviantAngel)

SithMistress

Super-Earth
Aubrey Fairchild
5'9" 145 pounds
Voluptuous build, 40E-28-38
Copper red hair, green eyes

Appearance and hair color: http://rs90.pbsrc.com/albums/k255/Dark_Lady_of_the_Sith/IMG_20140314_145737_zpsab9aa62e.jpg~320x480

The blaring of her clock radio alarm jolted Aubrey Fairchild from her blissful slumber abruptly. While she was inclined to reach over and hit the snooze bar again, she had already hit it twice. Given that she had rounds at 7 am, she couldn't afford to spend any more time sleeping. In her fourth year of medical school, she had been deprived of a good night's sleep since the start of the most recent semester. She was used to getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep. Now, she was lucky to get in 5 hours. Between the time spent at the hospital and the required coursework, she was afraid she was starting to burn out, and she hadn't even done her internship. But she loved what she was doing, because it what was she had always wanted.

Aubrey reluctantly dragged herself out of bed, wiping sleep from her eyes as she padded into the bathroom. She splashed some water on her face to try and wake herself up before stepping out of the bathroom and down the hall to the kitchen. It was still dark outside and quiet in the house. Her mother would be asleep for several more hours. 'At least she'll wake up to a somewhat fresh pot of coffee,' Aubrey thought to herself as she started the coffee maker. Because she could be groggy and prone to mistakes in the mornings, she prepared the coffee maker every night before going to bed. She had learned her lesson in pre med, when she shorted out a coffee maker by pouring water in the wrong place.

While the coffee percolated, Aubrey padded back to her bedroom and began rummaging through her dresser. She pulled out a pair of faded green scrubs, some cotton panties and a comfortable bra, which she packed into her gym bag. She then stripped out of her night shirt and panties and changed into her gym clothes, a pair of black lycra yoga pants and a specially made sports bra that had extra support for her large bust. It showed a fair amount of cleavage, which couldn't be helped. When one had E cup breasts, these sorts of things were unavoidable.

She picked up her gym bag and purse and walked back into the kitchen. The coffee was ready and she poured some into a travel cup, adding sugar and creamer. And then it was into the garage and her 2014 Audi S4, her bag placed in the back seat.

It was a short drive to the local gym she worked out at every morning. The place was usually slow this early in the morning, which she preferred. On this particular morning, she only saw one other person working out. She smiled at the receptionist and walked back into the locker room to stow her gym bag in a locker. When she had closed the locker and slipped a padlock onto it, she slipped the key into her sports bra. She had just turned to walk out when she bumped into someone walking in.

"I'm so sorry," Aubrey said as she looked up at the woman she had bumped into. And froze. The face looking back at her was one she had not seen in 4 years, since graduation. Recognizing the woman she had bumped into, Aubrey could feel a hurt she hadn't felt in 4 years bubble to the surface as she spoke her name. "Holly?"

Holly had awoken to her alarm clock going off from her phone, she didn't see the point in wasting money if you could use your phone as an alarm. Plus, she hooked it up to her iHome speaker so it would be louder. Holly often got plenty of sleep but lately a new project had her staying late and going in early. Her project manager had her and a team working on a new robot that could assist troops with checking houses for enemies. It used both infrared and microphones so sensitive that you could literally hear a pin drop at an AC/DC concert. Holly was proud of the work done so far but there were many more hours to spend on it.

While groaning as the woman slipped out of bed she strips off her too large t-shirt and kicked out of her panties as she walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and perform other duties. When she had finished she walked to her closet and pulled on a pair of booty shorts, black with a pink heart on the back. She tucked away the member between her legs so nothing could be seen then pulled on a sports bra. Over the sports bra she slides into a running jacket. Other than her tennis shoes she was ready for the gym. After securing her laces she grabbed her gym bag that also had her lab coat and a change of clothes in it. She often wore a pair of black dress pants and white dress shirt to work.

Outside she walked to the garage she was renting with the apartment and starts up her all black and leather BMW M3. While adjusting her mirror she slides on a pair of sunglasses. Syncing her phone to the radio she drives off and speeds to the gym. "15 more pounds." She tells herself as she pushes open the door and steps out of her car. Once she grabbed her bag from the trunk she heads for the door only to be bumped by one of the only people in the gym. "Hey watch...." She stops in mid sentence as she sees who it is. A moment of silence between the two and Holly shakes her head free of the shock. "Um, hey Aubrey." Is all she can really say since it was just as much of a shock to her as it was to her ex-girlfriend.

Holly can remember the day they broke up, it was sort of ugly since it was Holly's choice to leave for MIT and the subsequent break up. "How have you been?" She asks, obviously a little nervous of how this is going to go. She could get smacked, or even worse, ignored completely by the girl she once loved and worshipped back in high-school. While waiting for a response for her ex the once chubby girl moves to the side as another gym customer walks inside, sort of looking at the two girls since they looked deep in thought as they stared at each other.

Time stopped for Aubrey as she gazed into Holly's eyes. It had been so long since she had seen her ex-girlfriend that she had forgotten what she had looked like. Almost. Which was a moot point anyway, because Holly looked like sue had put in some serious time in the gym and lost a lot of weight.

Where she had once been a touch pudgy and her features soft, she was now toned and her facial features had changed, becoming a bit more angular and defined. She had always been cute in her own way. But now, Holly was stunningly beautiful. And Aubrey couldn't help but stare.

"You've been working out, I can see," Aubrey said, her mind racing as she tried to think of what to say. She was still hurt about the way Holly had left her, but the rage and anger was not there any more. But the hurt was, and it hurt Aubrey to look at her ex for too long. But she just couldn't take her eyes off her ex.

Holly's next question brought back a tiny bit of the anger. After all this time, after all they had been through, THIS was how she was going to greet her? "I'm fine. In my fourth year of med school. In fact, I have to finish here so I can get to work on time. I have rounds at 7 am. But, I have to know. How long have you been back? Or are you?"

Aubrey had to move to let a woman pass by to go into the locker room. She barely noticed, so entranced was she by Holly. There was so much she wanted to say, but her tongue was tied in knots. "I have to go. If you're interested, we can grab dinner and catch up sometime soon. Let me give you my phone number."

Holly listened to Aubrey as she went on about what she has been up to, though it was hard for her to pay attention as she attempted to inspect the body of her ex. Aubrey was stunningly beautiful and she still had that beauty mark on her upper cheek that Holly just loved back when they were dating.

"Ah, yeah I've been working out. I got tired of being the way I was and decided to use college to get into shape. I figured my life was changing so I might as well go all out." Holly shrugs before listening to Aubrey talk about med school. "I'm glad you went down the path that you always talked about." Holly smiles sweetly at her ex as she fidgets with her fingers.

"I've been back for about three months. I work at Excelsior, the robotics lab." Holly sighs before nodding to the phone number comment. "Sure, we can hang out some time, it'll probably have to be later in the day since I have been working long hours lately in order to make head way on a new project." The curvy woman exclaims while reaching into her bag to grab her phone and take down her exes new number.

"I'll send you a text so you have my number, just give me a shout when you're free. I figure with your rounds and all that that you are kept pretty busy. Let me know some times that you're free and we'll get together." Holly smiles before waving as she leaves her ex alone. Holly lets out a sigh of relief as the tension was broken by her leaving. Of course she wanted to catch up with Aubrey but the first run in with your ex is always awkward and Holly was beginning to sweat with nerves

As soon as Holly walked off into the locker room, Aubrey took a deep breath to slow her heart. After having been so long since she had seen her ex, her emotions were varied and her mind was reeling. She hadn't expected Holly to have changed as much as she did, and she had to admit that she was still attracted to her ex. But that attraction was warring with the feeling of hurt and betrayal from her abrupt departure.

Rather than spend any more time thinking about the encounter, Aubrey went through her workout. She spent 20 minutes on the treadmill running, every now and then seeing Holly working out from the corner of her eye. When the cardio was done, she spent another 20 minutes with the weight training machines, toning her already taut muscles. Her cool down consisted of another 10 minutes of cardio, on an exercise bike before she grabbed her towel and walked back to the locker room to shower and change.

The locker room was empty when she entered, and she gathered her things, carrying them into the shower. She stripped and hung her clothes outside the small stall, turning the water on as hot as it would go. When it had heated up enough, she stepped into the stream of water, washing away the sweat and grime. If only the water could wash away the feelings she had once had for Holly as easily as it did the thin film of sweat. Water cascaded down her body as she washed her hair, rivulets running down her arms and between the valley formed by her breasts. She didn't want to rush through her morning shower, but she dreaded running into Holly again so soon.

She turned the water off, wrapped herself in a towel, gathered her things and walked back to her locker. She dressed in record time, shoving her things into her bag before carrying it over a sink to brush her hair out and put on a little makeup. She didn't wear much at the hospital. Just enough to mask the dark circles from lack of sleep and a bit of lipstick to accentuate her full lips.

She was just about to walk out and to her car when Holly walked in. "See you soon," Aubrey said as she passed her. A fleeting pang of longing made her heart skip a beat as she walked by and out the locker room.

Her drive to work was quiet, as her mind remembered the times they had shared.

Holly takes a long shower as she recalls the run-in and her mind wanders back to all the times that Aubrey had stood up for her. Yes Holly felt bad for how they broke up, but she had to look out for her future and nothing was going to stop her from going to MIT. She wanted Aubrey to come with her, but she knew that wouldn't happen and it was best to just break if off then instead of trying to attempt the long term relationship which never works. After shutting the hot water off the curvy woman dresses in her black dress pants, button up shirt and dress shoes that had extra cushion for long hours on her feet. A black lacy bra and thong under her clothes. Once she was back in her car she blares her music while heading to work. Showing her badge at the guard and she waits for the gate to open before driving to her parking spot. "Just try to keep your mind on your work." Holly tells herself as she gets out of her BMW M3 and chirps the alarm while she walks to the building. After walking through the metal detector and showing her badge she heads to her office to check her e-mails.

While reading over her e-mails she keeps looking over at her phone as it sits on her desk, she really wanted to talk to Aubrey again but she understood if she never even got a call. Holly had hurt Aubrey and she wouldn't be surprised if Aubrey switched gyms so they wouldn't have to see each other again. "Alright, I have work to do." The busty brunette tells herself as she walks out of her office and takes the elevator up to R and D so she can get back to work on the project and keep her hands busy.

As a fourth year medical student, Aubrey had a fair amount of duties that kept her busy throughout the day. And not just the scut work the residents passed on to their med students. She was learning procedures and how to relate to the patients as well. Both from the residents and from the nurses. One of the first things she remembered learning as a third year med student was to treat the nurses with respect, as they would be there long after Aubrey left.

But, between the scut work and the patients she was assisting the residents with, her mind was occupied and she didn't have time to think about her encounter with Holly. Which was probably for the best, as she was still very conflicted about how to feel. Despite the fact that Mondays were one of the slower days in the ER, she was still very busy.

When the resident she was attached to told her to take 30 minutes for lunch, Aubrey was surprised to see she'd been on shift for several hours already. The day was going by quickly and she hadn't thought about Holly since the drive to work. Just thinking about that brought the encounter back to the forefront and she began dissecting it, trying to figure out what to do about it.

On the one hand, she wanted to see Holly again. After four years or so, she had to catch up and see how her ex was doing. See if they couldn't at least resume some sort of cordial relationship. On the other hand, Aubrey couldn't forgot the abrupt way Holly had left and how devastated she had felt after that. She had been an emotional wreck for weeks after and lost her job because of it. She almost missed registration for the University, she was so distraught. And now, she judged every woman she dated against Holly, her mind altering certain aspects of the woman she had forgotten. The pretend Holly she had created in her head was so different from the one she had bumped into this morning. And Aubrey just didn't know what to do now.

As she took a bite of her lunch, she picked up her cell phone and started text messaging her best friend. Even though her best friend was several states away and going to law school, Aubrey was sure she would have some advice for her. She would hold off on contacting Holly until she heard that advice.

'Maybe I should have done that before inviting her out to dinner sometime,' Aubrey thought to herself as she ate.

Holly sat on her lunch break thinking about all the times that Aubrey and herself had shared and she couldn't help but smile at a majority of the memories. Though some of them were bad, like when Aubrey would fight someone to protect Holly, she smiled at the fact that she had a true friend that would do that for her. While playing with her salad she started to feel bad for what she had done over four years ago, she didn't feel bad for putting her education first but she did feel bad for the way she went about breaking up with Aubrey. If Holly wanted to catch up with Aubrey then she had to make the effort to bring the two back together, she had to be the one to lay her heart on the line this time. With her hand shaking a little she grabs her cell and finds the recently added number of her ex. "So I will be getting off around 7 if you want to meet up..." Holly types it up before sighing as she erases it. Shaking her head the busty woman places her phone down and tries to put a dent in her salad.

After a few more minutes of deep thought she picks her phone back up and tries again, "I know I hurt you and I can't expect you to ever have the same feelings for me that you did back in high school. I went about it the wrong way when we broke up and for that I apologize. If I could go back and change the events that took place then I would. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but we could have tried the long distance relationship. There were several ways to go about it and I chose the wrong one. I would very much like to get to know each other again. Again I am sorry, I hurt you and there's nothing I can say that can change what had already taken place. Hope to hear from you." Holly sighs as she reads over it several times and finally she sends it.

Through out the rest of the day she keeps checking her cell phone and around 7 when it's time to call it a day she grabs her bag and heads to her car. After clearing security she drives off towards her apartment. Checking her cell again she gets out of her car and heads inside her apartment. "I tried." Holly tells herself as she wiggles out of her pants and kicks them into the basket. After stripping to her birthday suit she wraps a robe around her before walking to the couch and turning on her television and waits with a prayer that she will receive a text from her ex.

Aubrey felt her cell phone vibrate in the pocket of her lab coat as she was threading an IV into a patient's vein. Ever the consummate professional, she kept steady and finished the procedure, starting a bag of antibiotics mixed with saline for a man with a gash on his leg. "We'll let that run in and check on you in a bit," she assured the man, who was watching every move she made. Ever since she had walked in, the man had been checking her out. "How do you feel? Any pain?"

"Not since the morphine. 'Course, having you here helps too. The other doc was a little too abrasive." The man winked at her and Aubrey resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She was hit on several times a day by patients. Even ones who were bleeding profusely and missing fingers.

"I'll be sure to mention to Doctor Lee that you said so. He enjoys hearing compliments like that." Aubrey stood from the stool she was sitting on and walked out the door. She was just reaching into her pocket to check her cell phone when she saw a few people running to the ambulance Bay. She started running to the bay herself, in time to see a quartet of ambulances screeching into the bay.

With the mass casualty incident taking up her time and concentration for the next few hours, Aubrey forgot about her cell phone and the waiting message. After several hours of intense, hard work, she was exhausted when she finally clocked out at the end of her shift at 6:15. Rather than walk straight to her car, Aubrey decided to avail herself of an amenity the hospital offered its employees. She pushed open the door to the women's locker room and removed her lab coat. She picked out an empty locker and hung her coat on the hook. She then say down on a bench and removed her shoes and socks. Her socks were spattered with blood from the trauma rooms and she put them aside. Her scrubs were also soiled with blood, so she removed them as well and piled them atop the socks. Clad only in a bra and panties, she stood and gathered the bundle of soiled clothing, dropping them in a hamper by the entrance to the showers. The hospital laundry would clean them and put them in the ER clothing closet.

She walked into the shower area, a group of stalls obscured by frosted glass doors. She doffed her bra and panties, placing them on a bench in front of the shower stall she had chosen and stepped inside. She took her time showering, washing the days grime from her body, reveling in the hot water cascading down her lithe frame.

When she was finished, she pulled a towel from a cart near the stall and dried off, wrapping her copper hair in a separate towel. She gathered her undergarments and walked back to her locker, stopping off at the clothing closet to pull out another set of scrubs and another pair of socks. In her bag, she had another set of undergarments, and she donned them quickly, her modesty lending a sense of urgency as she worried someone would walk in on her. She then dressed in the replacement scrubs and pulled her lab coat back on.

Her hand slid into the pocket and she felt her cell phone inside. She paused, remembering the message she had received earlier in the day and pulled it out of her pocket. The message was from an unknown number and she was tempted to delete it without reading, but she paused. 'Might as well see what the spammers are sending me.'

"So I will be getting off around 7 if you want to meet up." she began reading. Who the hell was this from? A wrong number, perhaps? She continued to read, dismay growing. "I know I hurt you and I can't expect you to ever have the same feelings for me that you did back in high school. I went about it the wrong way when we broke up and for that I apologize. If I could go back and change the events that took place then I would. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but we could have tried the long distance relationship. There were several ways to go about it and I chose the wrong one. I would very much like to get to know each other again. Again I am sorry, I hurt you and there's nothing I can say that can change what had already taken place. Hope to hear from you."

It had to have been from Holly. There was no other explanation. Aubrey's exhaustion was forgotten as her heart began to pound. She had to reply. But with what? How could Holly be so cavalier about Aubrey's feelings?

She began tapping out a message. "I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. We had a mass casualty alert and all hands were needed. I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you." Aubrey paused, composing the message in her head. "I appreciate the sentiment, but you have to understand how I felt. You abandoned me without so much as a warning. I knew you were going off to college, but I was not prepared for you to just vanish off the face of the Earth like that. It hurt me more than anything else has ever hurt. It still hurts. We have a lot to talk about, so maybe we can do dinner tomorrow night after my shift. But, I want you to know how much you hurt me."

A tear rolled from her eye as she pushed send. She then dropped her cell phone in her pocket, grabbed her bag and walked out the locker room to her car and, eventually, her home.

Holly was asleep on her couch, having fallen bored of the usually shows on television and she wasn't in the mood to read or play any of her video games. When her phone politely reminds her of a text with a loud ding, she slowly flutters her eyes open and fiddles around on the couch before finding her phone under one of the pillows.

Holly wasn't usually the emotional type but she too had a tear roll down her cheek as she read the text. "I know and I can only imagine the pain that you felt. I just didn't see the point in us keeping in touch while we were in college if we couldn't actually be with each other. I feared the pain would just be greater and greater as the days went by. I know we would have sent cute texts to each other, had long nights of talking on the phone and have seen each other on holidays. But the pain would come back every time I had to leave again. Every time we would have needed each other to hold we would only be reminded of the distance between us. I am sorry for how things ended, but I also felt pain too. You were always my rock when we were together, you stood up for me and always made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. I lost my rock that day I left for college, I had to learn to stick up for myself and I learned the hard way what happens when you try to stick up for yourself. I hope you can forgive me one day, but for now I would appreciate baby steps in getting to know each other again." Holly read over the text a few times before finally pressing send and tossing her phone on the charging pad after she got up from the couch and went to her bedroom.

The curvy woman heads to her large bathroom and drops the robe that covered her naked form before turning on the tub. The whole time the tub fills she can only think about the good times that her and Aubrey had. She would give anything to have Aubrey back in her arms. With a sigh the busty chick slides into the hot water and lowers down until she was completely submerged but her head. The whole time that she lays in the bath the only thing that Holly can think of is the first time that Aubrey stuck up for her. The girl that called Holly fat really didn't see the first coming that broke her nose. All Holly could do was stand in shock as the girl was dragged off by her friends and Aubrey acted as if nothing had happened. Sure Aubrey was suspended but she really didn't give a damn and it probably helped that Holly would wait for Aubrey after school since it was an in-school suspension.

After realizing she had been in the bath tub for a while Holly washes up and drains the water before stepping out and drying off with a towel. Wrapping a towel around her head she walks to the bedroom and lays down, getting comfortable then opening a book to read herself to sleep.

Aubrey was just walking in the door of her home when her phone vibrated in her pocket. Knowing it was a reply from Holly, she decided to wait, as she needed to be in an isolated room to reply and, quite possibly, cry. Her mother was in the kitchen finishing up dinner when Aubrey walked in.

"How was your day?" She asked, stirring some spices into the pot of whatever it was she was cooking. It smelled wonderful, whatever it was.

"Busy. A multi car pile up on the turnpike today. 25 injuries, all came to us. 3 DOA. Not the most fun shift. I'm going to go get changed for dinner." Aubrey's mother nodded and went back to cooking while Aubrey walked out to the hallway leading toward her bedroom. As she walked, she stripped out of her lab coat and scrub top, clad only in her bra. As she stepped into her bedroom, she dropped the clothing on her bed and untied the scrub bottoms, letting them fall to the floor with a whisper.

She pulled out a scoop neck t-shirt and jeans and slid them on. She was feeling better when she heard her cell phone vibrate a reminder. 'No time like the present,' Aubrey thought as she reached into her lab coat and pulled out her phone. Reading the text, she felt tears welling up in her eyes once more. Holly was proving to be more callous and blameless than Aubrey could ever have imagined. While she didn't quite expect Holly to take all of the blame for their estrangement, she appeared to be saying that, if they'd never been in a relationship, she would have probably spoken with her in the past few years. Holly was trying to apologize or understand, but the text made everything sound like it was planned. That Holly broke up with her to protect her own feelings and to hell with everyone else.

"I know you think you can imagine my pain, but you can't. You can't know the many nights I cried myself to sleep. You can't know the crushing depression I fell into. I understand that you were trying to protect your own feelings and all, but to not have the courtesy to address my own really hurt. As painful as it may have been to keep up contact, not keeping any contact hurt me more. I'm not trying to diminish your own pain, but rather to ask why you didn't even consider how I might feel about this. I always considered you in everything I did. Sometimes going out of my way to accommodate you, because I cared. I feel like you didn't care about me, because you didn't at least try and prepare me for this, or make some effort in keeping up a minimum of contact. I tried emailing you on several occasions but never received a reply. I got your phone number from your family and made several calls, all unanswered. I tried so hard, and you never acknowledged me. And I need to know why. But not like this. We'll discuss all of that in person. Tomorrow night, if all goes well at the hospital."

Aubrey sent the message off. She thought she'd be sad, crying over lost love and reconciliation. Instead, she was angry. Her best friend and ex had distanced herself for what seemed like very selfish reasons. She didn't seem to care one iota about Aubrey's feelings, despite her entreaties to the contrary. Aubrey was tempted to cancel plans and just forgot all about Holly, but she knew she was just angry and emotional right now. To make such a decision would show the same lack of forethought and callousness.

She walked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen to eat dinner with her mother, masking whatever after she felt. Aubrey didn't feel like discussing the issue with her mother. Not yet.

By the time Holly had received the text from Aubrey she was already asleep with a book on her chest. One of her favorite relaxing tasks was to read and fall asleep from it. Though she didn't get the best nights sleep, tossing and turning from her strange dreams, Holly awoke in a bit of a cold sweat. "Just get through the day." Holly tells herself as she wipes the sweat from her brow then slides out of her bed. She hadn't planned to shower but with sweat on her she decided to take a quick shower. Once she ditches her robe on the floor the busty brunette turns the standing shower on and awaits for the water to heat up before stepping inside and washing away the night terrors.

Once finished with her shower Holly steps out and wraps a towel around her body before stepping out into her bedroom. Hearing a reminding ding from her cell she walks over and sits on the edge of her bed as she reads over the texts. Holly was over getting emotional, the woman was not good at sharing her feelings and she wasn't trying to outdo Aubrey when it came to who hurt more after the break up. "I won't understand the pain you went through, I know I hurt you more than I hurt myself. I know what I did wasn't wrong, but how I went about doing it was. You know I am piss poor at anything having to do with emotions. I can only apologize so many times before it starts to sound like a broken record. If there is still something between us, perhaps a little spark I would go to the ends of the Earth to try and grow that spark. I've had years to think about what happened the day I left. It was agonizing to think about what I did to you. In the least, I would like to be friends. As long as I can be in your life again..." Holly groans as she sends the text, figuring she will get some sort of text back that involves yelling.

Though Holly wanted to keep texting Aubrey, the woman goes to her closet and dawns her dress pants and shirt, the usually attire for work before putting her hair up in a bun then heading to the kitchen to grab a smoothie. After checking everything is off she heads out and locks the door behind her. Heading to her car she jams her music while driving to work, hoping tonight goes well for the two women, Holly would love to share her life with Aubrey again if Aubrey would have her.

Once through security the woman heads to her office to drop off her bag then heads to research and development. The day went by as normal until one of the interns decided to trip over a wire while holding a sauntering iron, the hot steel going across Holly's forearm, sizzling and burning the skin about five inches long. It hurt like a bitch as Holly held in her scream and was escorted by another scientist to his car. Holly held a rag against the bleeding wound as she was taken to the hospital. Though Aubrey worked at his hospital that didn't even cross her mind as she was taken to the emergency room and waited in the lobby to be seen.

Aubrey had just finished eating dinner when her cell phone vibrated, signalling a response from Holly. After the last text, Aubrey was tempted to just stop responding. Holly clearly had closed herself off from being hurt, and that felt like a major betrayal. As if being cut off entirely hadn't hurt enough. To find out that it had been a self preservation technique of Holly's to save herself from the pain had hurt, renewing the pain Aubrey had thought she had rid herself of long ago.

"Mom," Aubrey started as her mother cleared the table. "How did you deal with dad leaving you like he did?"

Aubrey's mother froze in midstep. "Why do you ask, sweetie?"

"It's...um...well...do you remember my ex, Holly?" Aubrey's mother nodded slowly in response. "I ran into her this morning at the gym. We've been texting each other all evening. And...I just can't get over feeling hurt and betrayed that she left."

"Does it hurt just thinking about her? Cause it did for me when your father left. It still hurts. You need to ask yourself a hard question. Do you still care about her? Because I get the feeling you're trying to reconcile your feelings with a longing to reconnect."

"I don't know if I can go through that again."

"Sounds like you're protecting yourself. But is that what you want? Do you want to be with her again?"

"I don't...I don't know."

"Then you have a lot to think about. Ask yourself this. Is your life better without her? Or would being with her enhance your life?" With that, Aubrey's mother went back to clearing the table. Aubrey helped as best she could, but she couldn't shake the questions her mother had asked. Did she still care about Holly? Was she better off emotionally without Holly? Could she go on without taking a chance at reconciliation?

Aubrey walked back to her bedroom and shut the door. She sat down on her bed and pulled out her cell phone, reading the text Holly had sent. There was little question that Holly still wanted some form of relationship. Clearly, she still had feelings for Aubrey. But could she reciprocate?

"I'm not trying to diminish your feelings and I'm not trying to play a game of who hurt more after you left. I was, and still am, very upset with the way you left. It was callous and selfish. And it will take me some time to work past that. However, I would be a fool to continue to hold a grudge against you. Because, in the end, you followed your dream no matter the cost. And freed me to follow mine. Whether that was your intent, the result cannot be discounted. I'm willing to try to get along again. Whether that means we'll be together again, I can't say. But, I can't let this pass me by without at least trying to make things right. I have always loved you. As the sister I never had, and as more. So, let's take that first baby step and have lunch tomorrow." Once the message was confirmed sent, Aubrey stripped off her clothes and collapsed onto her bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Her alarm woke her up what felt like moments later. Groggily, she slapped the snooze button and moaned, rolling over to get a touch more sleep. The sun's brilliant rays peeking through her window made her bolt up in bed a second later. She glanced at the time and saw it was 6:45, 15 minutes before her shift was supposed to start.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed as she stood up, turning off her alarm clock. The power had apparently gone out the night before and her clock had reset. Were it not for the backup alarm on her cell phone, she'd have slept for several more hours.

She dressed quickly and ran out the door, jumping in her car and speeding off to the hospital. She parked quickly and ran to the elevator, riding it down to the ER. She glanced at her phone and swore again. 7:25. Almost half an hour late.

The ER was it's usual chaos, packed with patients, doctors and nurses moving from room to room. Aubrey grabbed a chart at random, only glancing at the complaint that brought the patient into the ER.

Her shift was busy and a blur for the first few hours. However, as lunch time approached, her resident handed her several patient charts to work on. Aubrey glared at him behind his back. Picking up the first chart, she glossed over the name to the chief complaint. Laceration and 2nd Degree burn. The patient had just been brought back into an exam room. Aubrey made her way over and pushed the door open, staring down at the chart. "Good afternoon," she started, flipping to the front to get the patient's name. "My name is Dr Fairchild. What seems to be the issue Ms..." Aubrey froze mid sentence. "Holly?"

She looked up and saw her ex sitting on the exam table cradling her arm, which was swaddled in bandages. Her face contorted in pain. "Oh my God, are you alright?" Aubrey walked over to the table and placed her hand on the makeshift dressing. "What happened?"

Holly sat with her arm wrapped in a thrown together bandage with dried blood on the outside and fresh blood still leaking from her wound. Her arm hurt like no other and Holly was getting tired of being tough since all she wanted to do was scream and punch that intern in the face. Holly did have a bit of a temper when it came to stupidity, especially when that stupidity got her hurt. While waiting for the doctor to come, Holly has the other scientist sit out in the waiting room before she removes her lab coat and lays it on the vacant seat. In her white dress shirt she pulls the end of the shirt out of her dress pants, seeing as she is not at work she doesn't need to have her shirt tucked in anymore.

When Holly hears the door open she looks up from her arm and looks just as shocked as the person who opened the door. "Hey, Aubrey." Holly comments with a sincere smile at her ex-girlfriend. After getting over the shock of her ex being her doctor, Holly realizes she was asked a question. "I um, was working just as usual and one of the interns decided to go for a walk with a hot ass soldering iron and tripped over one of the exposed wires that runs out equipment, and well when he tripped he found my arm." The wounded woman explains before holding out her arm.

"I figured I would let you remove the bandage since I'm sure it's going to bleed when you remove it." Holly groans as she clinches her eyes shut, her arm was throbbing with pain and she was tired of holding in the emotion. Tears begin welling up in the corners of her eyes before finally getting too heavy and falling down her cheeks. "Stupid intern." She mutters as she wipes her tears with her good arm. "You're gonna have to cut my arm off aren't you? I'm gonna lose an arm today." Holly exclaims, being a little over dramatic but she knew she was and she even chuckled a little as to break the emotion she was feeling. "In all seriousness, will I have to miss work or anything for this or can we wrap it up, give me drugs and all will be well?" She asks as she looks up towards her ex, eyes red from the tears but her smile remains stuck to her face.

As much as Holly wanted to apologize for all the paint that she put Aubrey through, she holds back since this wasn't the time nor the place to discuss such matters. They were going to have lunch tomorrow and Holly could wait until then to apologize and try to mold together a friendship with her once girlfriend. Though Holly wanted to plant a big one on her ex, she of course didn't as she awaits for her doctor to check out her arm. The pain was searing but all she could think about was how much she missed her ex and what she would give to be back in her arms.

Holly was acting stoic, but Aubrey knew she must have been in terrible pain. Her face was ashen and her hands shook from adrenaline. While she was smiling, it was a weak smile that didn't extend to her eyes and masked a grimace of pain. And frustration. Aubrey couldn't tell if Holly was more frustrated by the accident or the act of pretending not to be in pain. Regardless, she held up her arm, swaddled in a makeshift bandage and covered by her hand. "I'll need to examine the wound, of course. But first, let's get you into a gown. No sense ruining your clothing."

"I figured I would let you remove the bandage since I'm sure it's going to bleed when you remove it." Holly groaned from behind Aubrey's back as the copper haired woman searched the cabinets for a gown. "Stupid intern." Holly muttered. Aubrey found the gowns and pulled one out for Holly. Unfolding it, she turned around and saw the tears rolling down Holly's cheeks.

"You're gonna have to cut my arm off aren't you? I'm gonna lose an arm today." Holly exclaimed. Aubrey rolled her eyes at the melodrama. Holly was always one to blow an issue out of proportion on purpose to make fun of the scenario. But, this was rather serious and Aubrey wasn't in the mood to joke. Before she could speak, Holly continued. "In all seriousness, will I have to miss work or anything for this or can we wrap it up, give me drugs and all will be well?" She asked as she looked up towards her ex, eyes red from the tears but a smile remaining stuck to her face.

Aubrey sighed. "Until we know the extent of the wound, I don't want to make any promises. But, most likely it'll require some stitches and sterile dressings. You won't be able to shower properly for a week or so. And you'll favor the arm during that time." Aubrey began pulling at Holly's shirt, helping her to undress to get into the gown. "Just relax for now and let me get you undressed and into this gown. Then I'll start an IV and we'll run in some morphine and antibiotics."

Holly seemed somewhat puzzled as Aubrey lifted her shirt up, taking care to slide the sleeve over the would slowly, so as not to disturb the dressing. Aubrey was certain that Holly had fantasized about having Aubry remove her clothes, but probably not like this. But, it was necessary in order to properly treat the wound. Once Holly's shirt was off, Aubrey draped her with the gown, easing it over the wound and taking care not to jostle the area. "I'm sorry about this, Holly. We'll keep your clothing safe while you're here."

Once the gown was tied into place, Aubrey pulled a stool over and sat down. She gently lifted Holly's hand from the bandage, making sure to maintain a little pressure where the wound was. Slowly, Aubrey raised one side of the bandage to get a peek at the wound. Blood spurted out, spraying across her cheek and Aubrey quickly reapplied pressure to the wound. "You got a pumper, there. OK, we'll need to apply a tourniquet to properly address this. First things first, though, let's start that IV."

Aubrey grabbed the sterile IV tray a nurse had brought into the room. Opening the tray, she pulled out the alcohol wipes and began wiping down the skin on top of Holly's left hand. Since it was the opposite side from where the wound was, it was a perfect IV site. She could see the veins under the skin rising to the surface. "You've got a perfect vein right here. Now, I have to warn you. This will sting a little." Aubrey grabbed the IV and needle, guiding it along Holly's vein. The stick was quick, but she could still see Holly start a bit at the brief pain. Quickly, Aubrey taped it down to hold it in place and removed the needle. A quick saline flush proved that the IV was in place and working, so she hooked it up to a bag of saline hanging from an IV stand.

Next, Aubrey pulled out a syringe and a vial of morphine from a locked cabinet. She filled the syringe halfway and tapped out the bubbles. "Now comes the happy part." She attached the syringe to the IV and pushed the morphine in. It took a moment or two to take effect, but when it did, the effect was immediately obvious. Holly relaxed the tense muscles in her jaw and neck and smiled lazily. "Good stuff, eh? I'll be back with a suture kit and we'll clean and suture the wound closed."

When all was said and done Holly had her clothes removed and before she knew it she was shot up with some very good drugs. Her head was woozy and her mind was on cloud nine as she watched her ex leave the room to get the suture kit. A breath of relief comes from Holly since Aubrey didn't notice the one tattoo that the busty woman has. She had a heart shaped tattoo just above her slit and the wings stretched out along the bottom of her belly to her sides. It took her months to muster up the courage to get such a piece of art put on her body, but she was in college and she had pretty much threatened herself to get the tattoo. Once she was convinced she would get one though, she waited on her parents to make their visit and she went with her mother to get the tattoo. Her mother wasn't so keen on the place where the tattoo calls home, but it made sense since it would be hidden and only be seen by a lover.

In her delusional state the brunette begins playing with the paper on the table she was sitting on, once she got bored of that she began thinking about all the good times that her and Aubrey had. One such memory was the summer that the two took surfing lessons and Aubrey had gotten stung by a jelly fish. Though a minor injury, Holly stayed with her girlfriend as she waited in the emergency room and for the medication to take away the pain that Aubrey was in. The two were so close back in the day and while thinking about how close they were, it had suddenly hit Holly and she sobered up pretty quick. Thought the physical pain of her injury was gone, the emotional pain that just slapped her across the face really made her heart break all over again.

Once Aubrey had walked into the room with her needed kit, tears had already rolled down Holly's cheeks and her make-up had ran. Mascara stained a black line down her cheeks. Holly wasn't about to tell Aubrey why she had cried, "Sorry about the tears, I was just thinking about how lucky I was that the injury wasn't as bad as it could have been." Holly was clearly lying but she couldn't just break down and beg Aubrey for forgiveness and she wasn't about to spill her heart out while on morphine and sitting in a hospital gown. Holly would eventually spill her guts out to the one girl she had ever loved, but for now she had told a fib and just wanted to get her wound taken care of.

"I figured for our lunch together we could go to this new Japanese place. I haven't been to it but from the reviews and some friends that went said it was pretty nifty. I also heard they have the best sushi and hibachi in the city." Holly wipes her cheeks and puts on a smile as she awaits for her arm to be cleaned and stitched up, she was a little worried she would feel the pain from the needed but she knew that she was in good hands and Aubrey hopefully wouldn't hurt her. "So lets get this show on the road, by butt is cold from this gown and cold table." The brunette holds out her arm, the drugs definitely doing their part to keep the woman calm and pain free.

(Example of the tattoo.... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/062/b/1/heart_tattoo_by_hibbary.jpg )

The suture kit Aubrey needed was on a cart filled with such kits just down the hall. She had just grabbed one when her resident asked her to come over in order to show her how to place a chest tube again. Aubrey watched every motion, memorizing the steps carefully. When the procedure was over, her resident released her to finish what she was doing. Suture kit in hand, she pushed open the door to the exam room Holly was in.

Setting the suture kit on a tray, she rolled that tray over to the bed next to the rolling stool she had been sitting on. Settling onto the stool, Aubrey pulled the seal off the kit. Glancing up at Holly as she grabbed a spool of thread and a needle, she froze. Holly's mascara had run down her cheeks, a ragged black line running down to her chin. She hadn't been crying when Aubrey had left.

"Sorry about the tears, I was just thinking about how lucky I was that the injury wasn't as bad as it could have been." It was an obvious lie, and Aubrey was tempted to call Holly out on it. But, common sense won through. The needle properly threaded, the copper haired woman pulled out a tourniquet and wrapped it around Holly's arm above the wound.

"This may pinch, but it won't be on for long," Aubrey stated as she cinched the tourniquet tight and tied it. Holly winced at the pressure, but said nothing. With gentle care, Aubrey moved Holly's hand away from the makeshift bandage covering her wound, then slowly pulled it away. This time, no blood spurted out and Aubrey was able to inspect the damage. The wound looked rather gnarly, the cut partially cauterized by the heat of the iron. Aubrey picked up a syringe with a thin needle attached and filled it with a local anesthetic. "Okay, I'm going to numb the area now, Holly. This will sting a little."

Each stick of the needle elicited a soft gasp of pain from Holly. Aubrey had to make 4 injections to make sure the nerves around the wound were numbed enough for her to suture. "I figured for our lunch together we could go to this new Japanese place," Holly said, making small talk as Aubrey worked. "I haven't been to it but from the reviews and some friends that went said it was pretty nifty. I also heard they have the best sushi and hibachi in the city."

"That sounds good," Aubrey said, a bit distracted as she placed the syringe back onto the tray and picked up another syringe. This one did not have a needle attached, but something that looked akin to a small plastic bell at the tip. When Aubrey depressed the plunger, a shower of cold saline washed over the wound, cleaning it out a bit. "I need to debride the wound, now. This may feel a bit weird." With that, Aubrey pulled open a package filled with damp gauze and started packing the burned part wound. As it was a rather shallow burn, it didn't take much to cover it completely. She then picked up the needle and thread.

"I'll stitch up the bleeder here, but that burn is going to need time to be cleaned out properly. You'll need to come back in 12 hours so someone can change the dressing. Or, you can do it yourself. Be warned, it will hurt like a bitch if you do." Aubrey said as she began deftly sewing closed the part of the wound that was not burned. It was also small and shallow, and only required a few stitches to close properly. "I'll also prescribe a pain killer to help manage the discomfort."

Aubrey realized she was hiding behind her clinical skills to avoid a confrontation with Holly. But, her ex WAS hurt and this WAS her job. Slowly, Aubrey reached up and untied the tourniquet that had been restricting the blood flow to Holly's arm. The stitches held and only a small amount of blood welled up from the cut. Aubrey then cut a piece of gauze to size and taped in in place over the sutures. As for the burned area, Aubrey left the moist dressings in place and covered them with a larger, dry piece of gauze, taping it in place.

Holly had been remarkably quiet throughout the process and Aubrey was surprised. Usually, Holly had a tendency to ramble on about nothing. The copper haired woman wondered why she was so subdued, then remembered the dinner plans the two had set for that evening. Maybe Holly was thinking about that.

"It occurs to me that we had planned to have dinner this evening to talk. Are you still up for that? I can bring some dressings and change that for you, if you like. Maybe we shouldn't go out, though. Do you mind coming over to my place? We can order take out like we used to." Aubrey really didn't know what to say. She felt bad that Holly had been hurt, and wanted to show that she was above pettiness. Was she being too forward by offering a quiet dinner in a private setting? Was she asking for trouble?

Of course Holly could feel the physical pain being put upon her by Aubrey, it did hurt like a bitch when the initial sewing began. But, the mental and emotional pain she was still feeling from earlier thoughts was still haunting her. It was a bitch of Holly to do what she did four years ago and she was going to make it her mission to make it right, come Hell or high water she was going to have Aubrey back in her arms and treat her as the princess she deserves to be.

All Holly could think about while being stitched up was some ways she could make it up to Aubrey. All involved being overly nice which wasn't how Holly did things. She was blunt now, she didn't sugar coat much since over her time in college she learned that sugar coating things just made people fat, well have fats heads at least. Holly was a big girl now and she had responsibilities.

With her free hand Holly digs through her pocket until she grabs her cell phone. With her free hand she punches out a text, a long text about her injuries and takes pictures of it being sewn up and sends it to her boss. Within minutes a text comes back and Holly sends one more before putting her cell phone back down on the table. "That was my boss, I told him I would be in tomorrow and he told me if I came to work he would have me escorted back to my apartment. So it looks like I get the next two weeks off, with pay." It was a work place injury so Holly knew she would get paid time off, but she didn't know her boss cared that much as to make her take the time off.

Once Holly had that out of the way she hears Aubrey offer such a dinner and she shakes her head. "Well we could do that, I don't have a problem meeting your mother since it has been a while. I will be brutally honest with you, though. Being alone with you at your house doesn't mean I'm going to jump your bones, it does mean I might steal a kiss on the cheek. Yes, I am a dare devil like that." Holly smiles innocently before chuckling. "Seriously though, it sounds fun and I'm looking forward to it. You can change my dressings there if you'd like. Take out and a movie, then perhaps we can go for a drive just to see the city lights, that was always fun when we were younger." The brunette shivers a little as she feels the air conditioner kick on and a cold breeze finds her exposed back.

"Remember that time when I first got my license and we went for a drive, I forgot to put gas in the tank and we ended up running out in the middle of downtown Miami. It was so funny when people honked their horns at us as she pushed my car to a gas station. That line of traffic was so long before we could finally get to a gas station." Holly chuckles at the thought of Aubrey yelling and flipping people off as they honked at the two girls. "And when we finally got to the gas station we only had five dollars to our names and we barely made it back to my house so my dad could get the tank filled. I may have been book smart back in the day but as for everything else I'm glad I had you." With a sigh Holly looked back to see how the progress was on her arm.

"I'll call a cab when I get done here. Later I'll take another cab to get my car and head over to your house. I figured I can drive with the meds in me so I'll just do that." After finally going silent Holly just sits there and thinks about the night ahead of her, it was going to be fun hanging out with Aubrey again and hopefully Holly does muster up the courage to steal a kiss.

Holly's declaration broke Aubrey out of her professional facade. Suddenly, the idea of having dinner in a private setting seemed kind a bad idea to her. If Holly was trying to make a joke, it was in poor taste. But then, a lot of her jokes were. Holly always had bad timing and delivered her jokes poorly at times. The chuckle afterward was probably supposed to signify that it had been a joke, but Aubrey was still a bit worried. Still, she did promise to try and work things out between them. "Dinner and a movie sounds great. As for the drive, well...let's take things slowly for now."

Hearing Holly reminisce about their past, Aubrey couldn't help but think of the times the two had spent together. They'd had a lot of fun and there were lots of great memories. But, the abrupt end to their relationship had tainted Aubrey's memories, causing her to see everything as a prelude to it. While Holly could look back on things and laugh, it was harder for Aubrey to see anything in their past in a jovial light.

Aubrey was a bit shocked at Holly's admission that she was planning to drive while on pain killers. "Holly, those pain killers explicitly state not to operate heavy machinery or drive while on them. And it's for good reason. Working in the ER for the past year or so, I've see the results of people who've thought the same. Half of them go home in a body bag. Promise me you won't do anything dangerous like that. I can arrange to have your car towed or something."

Aubrey was a bit surprised at how she'd instantly jumped back into the role of protector for Holly. She'd always been willing to fight for or with her ex and do whatever was necessary to keep her safe. Aubrey just hadn't expected to fall back into that role so easily. "I'm going to get your discharge paperwork filed so you can get home. I get off work at 6 tonight, though I'll probably be finishing my charts and won't be out of here until 6:30 or so. Pick you up around seven?" Aubrey asked as she stood up and started writing discharge instructions on Holly's chart.

Holly sat and nodded to what she was being told and when she was able to she turns her back to Aubrey and slides her gown back off and pulls her shirt on, along with her lab coat that she had one when she came in. "Sounds good, I will be ready at 7 and be waiting outside for you." Holly walks over to the counter, finding a piece of paper and a pen, the paper being that of a doctors note for work but it'll do. After writing down her address she gives it to Aubrey. "Thank you for everything, I will see you at 7." Holly did want to hug Aubrey but she didn't, she just offered a smile and took her discharge papers before walking out. After finding her colleague who brought her to the hospital she heads out with him. "Two weeks off work." Holly mutters to herself as she looks down at her arm, it was going to be a long two weeks since Holly was always used to working.

Once back at the facility she has a talk with her boss then grabs her things before a couple of her friends show up and one takes Holly's car back to her apartment as the other follows in her own car. After her two friends follow Holly up to her apartment the busty brunette spills the news about having a date night with her ex. "Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to reconnect with Aubrey, but it seems that I say the wrong things, all the time. She's been very critical about the things that I have said and I feel that I'm just going to fall on my face. Being serious all the time just isn't what I'm used to. I spent too many years being serious and I like to joke around. I want to get back with Aubrey but I don't want to be silently judged or think I'm this dumb girl who hasn't outgrown college." Holly sighs as she tosses her lab coat into the dirty hamper then sits down with her friends Tera and Chrissy.

"Well you can't build a relationship on lies, and you not being yourself would be a lie. Just be yourself, if your ex doesn't like who you have become or your take on situations, then it wasn't meant to be. But you will have to give it time, you haven't seen your ex since high school so the last impression she has of you is how she still sees you now. It'll take time for her to get used to you again after four years." Holly nods at Tera before the two friends sit and watch some television as Holly goes to take a shower. Of course the two friends helped her wrap her arm with a trash bag to keep it dry before she takes on the task of showering with one arm.

Once finally finished with her shower the wet haired beauty slides on a pair of red booty shorts. Blessed with such perky breasts she didn't bother putting on a bra as she pulls on a yellows sundress. It fit perfectly around her curvy body and offered a fair bit of cleavage. It was hot in Miami and Holly did enjoy showing a bit of skin.

After talking with her friends for a little while longer the two leave and Holly locks up her apartment. Grabbing her phone which has a case that allows her to store cash and cards in it, she holds it in her hand before heading outside to wait on Aubrey. Standing on the curb as the wind blew her dress around, her naturally curly hair draped over her shoulders and her arms crossed under her breasts as she awaits her exes arrival.

IMG_20140314_145737_zpsab9aa62e.jpg~320x480

Holly didn't wait long to get dressed. She fair ripped off the hospital gown and started donning her Street clothes before Aubrey had removed the IV. "Holly, I need to finish this real quick and I'll remove the IV. You'll be good to go then." The IV tubing had gotten caught inside of Holly's shirt as she tried putting it on and Aubrey rolled her eyes. Placing the chart down, she walked over and took Holly's hand in her own, gently. A bandage in hand, she slowly pulled off the tape holding the IV in place. She then placed the bandage atop where the IV was and pulled out the tubing slowly. A bead of blood welled up at the site of the stick, but Aubrey pressed down on the bandage, laying it flush against Holly's skin.

"Sounds good, I will be ready at 7 and be waiting outside for you." Holly walked over to the counter, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. The paper was Holly's doctor's note for work, complete with Aubrey's signature. After writing down her address, she gave it to Aubrey. "Thank you for everything, I will see you at 7." And with that, Holly left the room.

Aubrey was stunned at how quickly Holly had flew out of the room. Her ex had seemed almost eager to escape, and Aubrey felt a touch hurt by it. She got over it quickly, realizing that Holly was probably just eager to leave the hospital under her own power. A lot of the patients she saw didn't want to be in the hospital and did everything they could to try and avoid an extended stay. When discharged, few lingered long enough to say goodbye.

The rest of Aubrey's day was a blur of patients, lab tests and scattered traumas. Grueling as it was, Aubrey enjoyed it and when it came time to end her shift and finish up her charts, she was always a touch sad. She knew she was making a difference in people's lives, and wanted to work more. But, she was also aware that she would be working a whole lot more once her internship began the following year and to enjoy her time off while she could. It would be in short supply soon.

Aubrey walked out the door of the hospital at almost exactly 6:15. On the walk to her car, she debated going home first to change out of her scrubs and into street clothes. Tossing her bag and purse into the back seat of her car, Aubrey pulled out the paper Holly had written her address on. Her handwriting was marginally legible, though Aubrey was able to make out enough to know roughly where she was going.

The drive was slow, traffic snarled on several major arteries because of accidents. As she passed one of them, Aubrey had to suppress the urge to park the car and help the EMTs. She knew she could help them, but she realized she had made a commitment to Holly, and she was determined to show her ex that at least she knew how to honor her commitments.

The bitterness of that thought made Aubrey rather pensive as she drove. She knew she had every right to be bitter about the way she and Holly had separated. But, was it healthy for her to continue to hold such a grudge? After all, it had been several years already, and the two had clearly gotten on with their lives. Also, would their relationship have survived the distance between them? As much as she had hurt when Holly had left, wouldn't she have felt the same every time Holly went back to school?

Turning know the street where Holly's apartment was, Aubrey promised herself that she would treat her ex better than she had. A nugget of remorse settled into her gut over the text messages she had sent. They had been a bit harsh. She needed to remember that Holly had done what she had done to better herself and not to hurt Aubrey. There was no malice in her actions, and Aubrey couldn't fault Holly's decision to follow her dreams.

She saw Holly standing out front of her apartment complex and pulled the car up beside her. She was wearing a bright yellow sundress that hugged her curves, showing off a fair amount of cleavage. The wind whipped the dress about as Holly opened the car door, and, for a brief second, Aubrey caught a fleeting glimpse of Holly's red underwear. And her naturally curly, brunette hair was obscuring her face a bit, blown about by the stiff breeze. Even so, she looked amazing and Aubrey could see how she'd been attracted to Holly in the first place. She really was quite lovely.

"I hope you weren't waiting long," Aubrey stated as Holly slid into the passenger seat and buckled her seat belt. "You look amazing. I don't think you've ever looked more beautiful than you do right now."

Aubrey almost regretted saying those words, knowing that Holly had a tendency to take compliments a little overboard. Back in the day, Holly had been so starved for attention, she latched on to anyone that was complimentary of her in any way. It had been a bit uncomfortable for a fair number of people, but Aubrey knew why she did it. She had been lonely. And Aubrey had been the one person who'd understood her and fought for her.

She started driving toward her home, sneaking an occasional glance over at her ex. Aubrey hadn't realized just how stunningly beautiful Holly had become. In the gym, she'd been to stunned and angry to notice. And at the hospital, she'd been to focused on her work. "Holly...I...I feel I owe you an apology for the text messages I sent the other day. I was angry over things that had happened years ago, and was lashing out at you. While I was hurt by your actions, it was a long time ago and we've both grown since then. I shouldn't have taken out my anger over past events on you like that. You deserve better from me. And, well, I'm sorry. I hope you'll forgive me for such pettiness."

Holly was standing with her hands clasped together, the wind blew her dress around and if the gust was big enough it would blow the dress high enough to show a bit of her red panties. Once Aubrey had showed up in her Audi the busty beauty opens the door and slides into the passenger seat. Holly clasped her seat belt then sat back as she waited for Aubrey to drive off. "Thank you, for the compliment, I really worked hard in the gym to lose that fatty frame I had in high school." Sure Holly used to latch onto people back in the day, it was rare for her to warrant a compliment from a stranger unless they were related to her. Though over the years since Holly had been taking care of her body, and even her mind, the curvy girl has gotten used to such compliments.

While listening to Aubrey apologize for the text messages and the way they came out, Holly knew that Aubrey was in her full right to be angry. Holly was just getting worried that Aubrey was going to give her little chance to get close to her ex again. "Aubrey I have to be honest, the way your text messages were coming out I was starting to think that I wasn't even going to get a chance to be...even just your friend again." Holly shifts in her seat, wanting to look over at Aubrey. "I'm still sorry for what I did over four years ago, it was childish of me to just leave." Playing with her thumbs, Holly figures this is the time to just pour her heart out. "Aubrey you were the best thing to happen to me, I knew what I left behind that day and it was painful. I would be lying if I said that I didn't want to be your girlfriend again. Though I would give everything to have you again, I would also give the same just to be your friend if a relationship was out of the question." Holly shifts back into her seat, placing her hands on her lap.

IMG_20140314_145737_zpsab9aa62e.jpg~320x480

Aubrey was a bit surprised at Holly's response to her compliment. She'd been expecting some sort of awkward comment from her ex, or that Holly would have seemed some sort of validation that she was, indeed, pretty. That was how she'd reacted in the past. Her modest reply spoke to a maturity she'd been lacking the last time they'd spoke, and Aubrey found it refreshing. "It really shows. When I saw you in the gym, I almost didn't recognize you."

Listening to Holly discuss how she'd felt about Aubrey's text messages was also an eye opener. Aubrey had known that what she wrote was hurtful, but she didn't think it had affected Holly to the extent that they had. It was a remarkable lack of foresight for the copper haired woman, who'd normally been quite solicitous of Holly's feelings in the past. "I won't debate the decision to leave or if it was a wise one. We both have our opinions on that, and they differ. But, it was equally as childish of me to hold a grudge for as long as I did. Seeing you the other day, I couldn't help but remember the good times we'd had, but that grudge blinded me to a few things. One of which is that I was attracted to you still. Maybe a bit more so. But, in my anger, I couldn't see that you'd changed."

Aubrey sighed as she drove down a major road toward her home. The street lights were on, the sun having set an hour or so prior. "I am upset, but the person I'm upset with isn't here. She disappeared years ago and a woman I'd never met replaced her. It was wrong of me to lash out like I did. I want... I don't know what I want. I want to give you another chance, but I'm terrified that the past will repeat itself. It's silly, and a bit immature. And as much as I was the best thing that had ever happened to you, I could very much say the same. I was madly in love with you, and devastated when you left. But, that wasn't the you that's here now, and so I'm conflicted."

Aubrey turned onto a side street, stopping before a wrought-iron gate. A keypad was on a pedestal next to the car and she punched in the gate code. The gate opened slowly, a security guard stepping out from the guard house to meet her car. "Hey, Carlos. It's me, Aubrey, from 2175. Heading home with a friend."

The guard waved his flashlight, letting Aubrey's car pass. The car had grown silent, that silence roaring in Aubrey's ears." I may not be as madly in love with you as I once was, but... I can see how I could be again. And that terrifies me. So, anything between us... Well, can we just take it slow? I need to be sure. I need to be sure that I want to be with you again. And I need to be sure that you want to be with me. Does that make sense?"

Holly waits for Aubrey to pull into the driveway before she takes off her seat belt and turns to face her ex-girlfriend. "Aubrey, I don't want to jump into bed with you, a relationship or even a kiss right now. We knew everything about each other when we were in high-school, now we're damn near strangers to each other with the way we grew up after we graduated. I'm not going to compare you to the person you were four years ago, nor will I assume anything. I want to get to know the person that is sitting across from me at this very moment, not the person that was sitting beside me four years ago. I want to take this slow, I want to get to know you and I want you to get to know me. A lot has changed in my life, I really am NOT the same person I was when we dated. I don't hump any persons leg that gives me a compliment, nor do I really pay any attention to it unless I know that person. I'm not ablivious to how beautiful I am, I worked for it, I gave up pizza rolls for this new body." Holly exclaims before taking a breath. "I posed in an art class for a friend with nothing but a thong on. I'm not some shy girl that I used to be, I chose to confront people now when they have a problem with me. I have been in fights and knocked girls teeth out." Holly knew this was a lot to say, but she had to make sure it was clear that the new Holly kicked the old Holly's ass and buried her six feet under the ground.

"I realize these are just words and actions speak louder, but I just wanted to tell you some of the differences between the old and new me. Aubrey, I loved you like a mad woman we were dating, as much as I want that feeling back, I want to get to know the new you before I allow that feeling to return. I also want you to hold onto that grudge, I know what I did was a bitch move and I want you to hold onto the feeling that you felt four years ago cause only when that feeling vanishes will you know that I am a new person. Only when that feeling is gone will you know that I have your well being truly at heart. Be mad at me, cuss me out, just don't be so closed off that I don't even have a chance to get close to you. I realize I have a single chance to reach the level of love we had for each other four years ago, and I will not disappoint you again. Again though, I will prove it to you instead of just blowing hot air up your well rounded booty." Holly was soon out of breath as she finishes her rambling. Her heavy chest heaving up and down when she sits back into the seat.

"Sorry, I just needed to get that all off my chest, there haven't really been some good times for me to do so and I wasn't going to say all that over a text message." Holly comments before looking back at Aubrey. "Now, as a friend, shall we go inside and have a good laugh and order some food? I'm starving and want to learn what you have been up to for the last four years." Holly says as she reaches for the door handle so they can get out.

Back
Top Bottom