Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fight for True Love ( wolvenrogue & I)

vampire07

Pulsar
For some time the Stone family had been friends with the Worthington's estate since they were business partners. Lilliana Stone was a young dirty blonde curly haired girl who rode the ponies with the Worthington's daughter while their son was off to school. The Worthington's had employed the Whithers' family to tend to the landscaping, horses and the house chores. There had been a moment or two when the ponies would throw the girls off or the dogs get aggressive but that didn't stop the Stones from visiting their business partners. Though when the girls came of age they were all shipped off for boarding school. Years passed as the Worthington sisters returned at the proper age but word got out Lilliana stayed for further schooling. This was a big piece of gossip for the elites as no woman goes for further schooling as it was the man's duty to provide for his family. Two years passed as Lilliana had came home in a steam powered car but as she stepped out she was in a white corset with a laced jacket and black flowing skirt.

Her family welcomed her home as they told her they planned her welcome home party and they were inviting everyone they knew. Lilliana smiled as she stood there with the small top hat was tilted to the side. "What about the Whithers?" She asked as her mother took her arm and walked her up the steps.

"Them? Their retired and their sons....I don't know what happened. All I know is two turned out to be thugs while the third one...I think he moved. I don't blame him on not wanting to be associated with his brothers. I heard they raped their daughters! I don't want you near a Whithers."

"Mother! I can assure you Elizabeth and Sara wasn't raped. Those two boys snuck up to the school and those girls slept with them like common street walkers." Lilliana filled her mother in as she entered her bedroom. Removing the hat as her once dirty blonde hair had lighten to a golden blonde. She leaned into the mirror looking at her own green eyes. "The only reason they cried rape is because they ended up pregnant." Lilliana filled her mother in on the whole story and her mother even asked about her own virginity. "Taken by my own hand and no man has touched me. Who needs one when your own mother hands you something better?"

Her mother giggled as she kissed her daughter's cheek. "I want my daughter to have a sense of self worth. I fought for you to further your education. So you better put it to good use after you marry." She walked off to let her daughter get comfortable and before she knew it within two weeks her welcome home party was in full swing of things. The most elite families were invited down to the recent noblemen and even the newest one, Eric Whithers. The party was a formal attire as Lilliana wore a red corset dress with long sleeve gloves and her golden locks in curls. Her father gave the announcement that his daughter had returned home and of marrying age. That got a nasty look from Lilliana but he took her around the room to introduce her to eligible men he approved of. Though after awhile Lilliana noticed one man who reminded her of that stable boy at the Worthington's estate. After being crowded by few men she began talking to them but her eyes would drift to that unknown man who stood with a red headed woman who seemed to command the room with her mere presence.

For Eric Whithers the Worthington estate had been the only home he had ever known. He had been born there, but for him it was not his families estate. The Whithers, all of them worked there as caretakers from his mother, the cook to his uncle Frank the grounds keeper to his father Edward the stable master. The girls did laundry and cleaned, and the boys all worked in the stables and barns. The oldest of the boys Eric , had a knack with horses. It almost seemed he could talk to them, that and he was a trained Blacksmith and there wasn’t a finer iron worker in the region. It was his skill with iron, that would earn him a singular honor from his employer, the right to attend private school with the children of nobility. Eric was a handsome young man with blonde, almost white hair and bright blue eyes. Eric was tall at Six feet four inches and had broad shoulders and a narrow waist. A big man by any standard, though at 18 he was still young.
Eric was smart as a whip , and capable of engineering at a level that wasn’t common among his peers. Though he had the added advantage of being able to fabricate his designs. The headmaster at his school had recognized this unique ability and had nominated him for honorary nobility, which had been conferred upon him by the king on his graduation. It was this status that had allowed him access to Lilliana’s party as a guest instead of as employee of the Worthington’s who had volunteered their estate for the party to honor their partners. Eric had known of the beautiful Lilliana at the school. He had helped her to construct her designs from time to time, always using the funds to help his family. As lovely as she was Liliana had a reputation as a serious student of great ability, and one who was not particularly interested in socializing. When Lilliana arrived at the party in her custom steam machine, he took pride in the event, because although she had designed it, it was nearly all of his construction. No one had a machine of equal quality, even Eric, as he could not afford the materials for a project of that magnitude.
When Lilliana’s father announced that she was of age to marry, Eric cringed, and his heart went out to her. Her father was treating her as any other debutant, which he knew she was not. She was a skilled designer and highly educated having studied like he had for six years and graduated with honors. From opposite edges of the crowd, their eyes met and he started making his way towards her. He had never seen her dressed for a party before, and he couldn’t believe just how truly beautiful she was.

Yes, Eric had helped her during school but it was only business for her. In fact she was planning on starting a business in the future but yet wasn't sure if this world was ready for her ideas. Her painted red lips turned into a smile as Eric made his way over but he wasn't alone. Her eyes drifted to his date he had brought and she seemed rather familiar. Right there it hit her, this was someone from a different region who went to the same school as them. Seeing her hand on his arm had make her heart sink. She had a crush on him when she was a teenager but she took her school work seriously.

"Mr. Whithers, I'm surprised you decided to come." She said as she bowed her head to him. "Care to introduce me to your company?" She asked as she knew her father was using her as a pawn in his own elite world. Eric had graduated before she did but thankfully they kept in touch when it came to fulfilling her designing ideas. Her father gave her an allowance in which she gave to Eric as he was her consultant.

The red haired young woman , while lovely, was a pain in Eric's side. Her father, a friend of his father had asked that he bring her. while the girl was a noble woman, the title was for her something to be used as a hammer. She was forever telling people what to do, as though she actually knew what should be done , but unlike Lilliana, she was an empty headed redhead. Having done his duty in bringing the girl, he had been more than happy move away from her and congratulate Lilliana. "I was very happy to be here, we did a lot of good work together, but as to Heather Saunders, I honestly think you would be better off not meeting her, but if you want I will introduce you. I brought her as a favor to my father. She is the daughter of his friend, and her father wants her married off and after the evening so far, I can see why. "

Just then the music started to play. "Would you care to dance?" he asked. Almost noone knew, but Eric was an excellent dancer. He offered her his hand as the crowd cleared a path for them anticipating she would accept. Eric bowed slightly and waited politely for a response.

Lilliana had heard of Heather but she as trying to be polite unlike he was bluntly announcing he didn't care for her but she was here out of pity. When he offered his hand to her for a dance, he wasn't the only gentlemen who was requesting her to dance. The way he referred to Heather seemed off putting and other women stayed cleared from him. To them if he spoke ill of someone in public then he wasn't acceptable company.

The two of them worked well together and communicate rather well. Handing off her glass to the other man who waited for her answer, she slipped her hand into Eric's grasp. He seemed to pull her out with some force that sent her spinning with him across the dance floor. He had taken her breath away with his large hand on her tiny waist and his other hand grasping her free hand. "When did you learn how to dance?!"

"When I was at school" he said "The head master knew that a commoner like I was had no way to learn, so he arranged for me to have lessons when he decided to nominate me for honorary Noble status. The woman that taught me was a dancer in the Royal court, so I learned well. I hope you enjoy it." He danced her around the floor for the entire piece, before releasing her. "I should be honored to dance with you again if you wish. He bowed to her.

With the other girls put off by what he had said he had no other dance offers, but honestly he didn't care. He really had no interest in any other noble girl besides Lilliana. He went over to a table to sit down and eat a little. His dancing though had not gone unnoticed.

He had shocked her with his dancing. It was graceful and elegant as she heard rumors of a dancer from the Royal Court was paying special visits but the student was unknown. Excusing herself from him while he ate though she was off to the side trying to recollect herself knowing her family didn't want her to have anything to do with him because of how his younger brothers conducted themselves with their friends' daughters.

Another man came up to her offering her a plate but she refused and moved away from him. Flushed cheeks a she dashed by Eric to reach the French double doors where it lead out to the gardens. They weren't lush and beautiful like she remembered when she was a child. Standing outside as she looked up at the full moon and the stars was sparkling from the cloudless skies. Now she felt herself at a conflicting position. She was wanting to know Eric on a more personal level but yet it would make her family mad at this. Though she didn't know how he was making a living so she had to be careful about all of this.

Seeing her leave for the garden, Eric got up and after a discrete pause left to follow her. He headed out in the garden, having a good idea where she was headed. He had grown up in these gardens and knew every nook and cranny. there was a bench under an arch near the fountain and he guessed he would find her there, so he went looking and was not surprised to find her. He walked up to her and leaned against the arch. "Are you ok? Want some company? or should I leave you alone? Who was that guy anyway?" Hearing the band strike up, He bowed to her and offered her his hand, hoping she would take it and let him dance her about the garden.

When she heard him she looked up at him when he asked so many questions about why she was out there. Before she could answer the band began once more as he held his hand out as on cue or basically instructed to. Silently she took his hand with him pulling her up but she stumbled into him while he held her up. Dancing about around the fountain as she answered his questions.

"One thing at a time. I'm alright, company would be nice, apparently you don't want me to sit here alone. That gentlemen...Not sure who he was. More than likely a business associate of the Worthingtons or my father's." She said with her hand resting on his chest as she a good foot shorter than him and she had the untrained yet perfect hourglass figure. The skirt of her dress hits the roses as the petals fell to the stone cobble pathway. With the petals on the ground she couldn't imagine this any more perfectly. When the dance ended she stood there with him while her fingers curled around the hand that held hers. Looking into his bright blue eyes as she felt at a loss of words while she stood with him in the gardens.

He smiled but didn't release her at the end of the dance. Here he didn't have to share her, no-one else had seen her leave. "well I'm glad you don't mind my company. I certainly welcome yours." he was seeing a completely different side of Lilliana than he had ever known. This was a distinctively feminine Lilliana. He knew she hadn't lost her intellect, but she certainly possessed a feminine poise that was irresistible to him. He was thanking the headmaster over and over for the dance lessons. The music started again and they began another dance. He loved how well they fit together. Lilliana was light as a feather in his arms and she felt wonderful in his arms. "I know you love your steamer, but would you like to go riding with me tomorrow?"

When he decided to take her for another spin she giggled as he did sweep her off her feet to the point she had to hold on to him. Once her feet touched the ground she managed to regain her composure to keep up with him. "Yes I love the steamer..." He stopped her with the question of her joining him for a ride. In that moment she stepped back from him as the look of terror and conflict entered her face.

"Eric...You know my parents doesn't wish that I spend time with you. They declared this after they learned of your brothers so called raping the Worthington Daughters." Standing there with her hand still enclosed within his own. Looking back to the ballroom knowing sooner or later it came down to her picking the man she'd be spending her life with. After a few silent moments she looked back at him with the look of worry erased from her eyes. "Come by our estate in the morning and we can make a day of it." Leaning up as she kissed his cheek letting him hold on to her.

Eric hadn't given a thought about the rumors around his brothers and the Worthington girls, though when he first saw the expression on Lilliana's face that he had made a mistake. Those rumors were going to affect Him and effect Lilliana even more. As she pulled back, he prepared himself for the whole evening to fall apart. "It wasn't fair" The thought crossed his mind for only a moment before she changed her mind, and asked him to pick her up in the morning. Everything had changed in a moment. He could barely comprehend that choice and all that it meant, but it made him happy. "I'll be there, and I won't hide from your father, I have done nothing wrong, and he knows that." He kissed her again and just then the music started again. He hadn't yet let go of her so he danced off with her again.

He kissed her for the first time as it was her first kiss ever! She stood there stunned at what just happened with the music growing louder in her ears. Dazed as he danced with her once more. Her heart was pounding within her chest as she laid her head on his chest letting him take charge. Since her schooling she had taken charge of her courses and her life. Now she was back her parents had control up to a certain point in her life.

Looking back up at him as she touched his chin so he could look at her. "I don't want you to hide from my father either. I know he's using me as a pawn for his business schemes but in the end I choose my suitors. Don't you dare forget that!" Laughing as she felt light and free even within his arms. She found his whitish blonde hair charming and his intelligence and willing to work with his hands rather appealing. There were rumors if a man or woman show quality of knowledge and grace the school can give them a chance to earn the title of a Lord or Lady then from there the King had to be impressed by the person to make it all official. Sadly Lillian couldn't attend his ceremony to congratulate him properly. Perhaps this new budding friendship could be her gift to him. "Have you thought of what you do for money?"

She had heard her mother asking her father to invite him and he only agreed as a charity case. Lillian would never dare tell Eric he was a charity case to her father. Ina way Eric was his pawn to boost his image in the public's eye.

" Even the king has recognized that I am the finest iron worker in the kingdom. That will be my carreer. I love working with my hands, working with metal and fire. True enough I can design machinery, but a hammer is my pen, and a rod of iron my paper. The sparks that fly are amazing!" The excitement in his eyes was obvious. He loved his craft and was proud of his ability. "Well I hope you choose me, but if you do, you may be the wife of a noble, if that is granted, but no matter what a smithy's wife you will be. I can't promise much else, but you shall have fine horses, and the finest metal work around. " For the moment the music had stopped , so he sat on the edge of the fountain and pulled her into his lap. He was a bit informal and always would be, but he respected her, who she was, and who she wanted to be.

After the music had stopped and he pulled her into his lap. "Eric!" Hissing softly in disapproval of how he pulled her into his lap in public as if they were lovers. Getting to her feet to where she sat beside him but she had herd love stories where men promised everything to the woman and yet they suffered for it all. "Please, don't promise me things you can not make happen without suffering for it." Lilliana commented as she laid her hand on his arm. He knew he wouldn't be the only man after her hand in marriage but she was surprised he was wanting her.

"Eric, there is something that peeked my curiosity. Why are you pursuing me? You're a fine man and I imagine you'd have your pick of women from the low brow to your status level. We only spoke when it came to my assignments." It hit her there that what if her asking him to make such designs got him recognized as a brilliant man while she was over looked? She wasn't going to hold that against him since that's how this society worked. Man were highly respected while women were second class but very few went through a higher education like the men.

"Lilliana, do you not know that had I been allowed, I would have persued you all my life? I used to watch you from the stables as I mucked out the stalls and you paraded your horse about the arena as the noble boys looked on. Then, I dared say nothing, but now my prayers have been answered, and I have the title required to persue you without shame. I don't want an empty headed woman, no matter how beautiful, who when she giggles, she does so , not because she is joyous but rather because she knows not what else to do. A woman who rides next to me, not out of understanding and respect for me, but because , were she asked to drive she could not. You have intellect, and decernment. You don't need a man to survive, so I know that if you accept me it is out of desire and not pure need. Besides all that you are simply the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, and the only one I ever want to live for. I must persue you, I simply must!"

He held her close he looked into the moonlight reflected in her clear eyes. His smile split his face and did not falter. "I love you , I have since I was a boy, I can do nothing else."

He spoke with such passion which took her breath away. Her hand went to her chest over her heart then he held her so close that she felt every muscle. "Eric..." Speechless as she sat there looking up at him in his blue eyes. "I had a crush on you when I was younger and I think I still have feelings for you." Her voice was a soft whisper as she confessed to him. "I want to be at your side, Eric. Not because you promised fine things for me but you have character, morals and loyalty. Those are hard to find in this area."

Lilliana gave her consent of Eric's proposal for courting her. At this point in her life, her parents can't control or deny her the right to court a man of her choosing.

Eric smiled broadly at her and his eyes just sparkled. Just then the band started to play again. "I think we need to have a dance on the main floor, will you do me the honor? I'd like to show that stuffy crowd just how good a dance can be with the right partner. I have her now." He took her hand and whisked her inside. He swept her to middle of the floor and his presence was so commanding that the floor cleared around them giving them room. He bowed to her in grand fashion then rolling her of his arm in a spin and the dance began. He loved how graceful she was and how effortless it was to show her off as his prize and the star of the dance. He had been taught to make the woman the star and he did it very well. Those on the floor stopped dancing and just watched them and broke into applause when he rolled her along his arm and their lips met in a kiss at the close of the dance. It was a shocking move but one that inspired everyone.

Afterward, he walked her across the floor to the head table and her parents. Facing her father he bowed and said "Lilliana has given me permission to court her, and I would like your blessing as well." The request was intentionally bold and intensely public. He waited breathlessly for an answer.

Getting to her feet while he lead her back inside to the dance floor. Her feet barely touched the ground while he rolled her across his arm the brought her back in. He may have noticed the floor being cleared but she didn't while her attention was all on him. The moment he spun her back in with him pulling her up in a bold kiss. She didn't push him away or create a bigger scene than he was already creating.

In silence she walked with him to her parents' table and she could see her father was fuming from this union. Before she could say a word he put his hand up in which she fell silent.

"She may have said yes but I won't give you my blessing. I already promised her to another." He growled but her mother nodded to Eric showing him she got his support knowing he was a good boy or now a young man.

"I hope you have another daughter in waiting because I made my choice." Lilliana spoke very clearly with her head held high. "If you haven't noticed just about those with money has purchased my steamers and it wouldn't have happened without Eric. I have my small fortune and I plan to let it keep growing by continuing this union." Her father was upset with what she said about not breaking this courting with Eric plus now he knew how to assumed that amount of money. She was smart enough to open an account so her family couldn't touch it or hold it over her head.

Eric spoke again to her father. "Your quarrel is with me not your daughter, but even so it is unjust. You seek to hold me responsible for the alleged acts of my brothers, which, if you were honest with yourself, you know in your heart they did not commit. Sir I can forgive all of it , unjust or not, but I will not forgive what you are doing to my wife to be and your daughter. You are acting the fool and everyone here knows it. We shall return tomorrow for Lilliana's things. You have until then to reconsider. Otherwise, we shall say our final farewells then and there and leave you to wallow in unjustified hatred." He bowed to her mother and said "to you I am most deeply sorry. Good day" Placing Lilliana's hand on his arm. he walked her out to the steamer. "I'm sorry my dear" he said before looking deep in her eyes and kissing her for all he was worth. He prayed she would approve of his brashness.

Him claiming her to be his soon to be wife before her father and everyone else. She stood there in silence and shock with him pulling her away from the scene to her own little steamer that was outside. "I just don't know what to say about all of this." Looking up at him after his kiss knowing what they were doing wasn't traditional. It was normal for women to stay with their parents while they were courted but she was being uprooted tonight after returning home.

Though she wasn't traditional as she should have been pregnant and tending to another child. "So I'm going to be staying with you now?"

"I suppose you may if you wish, it is after all up to you. You know as well as I that you couldn't stay at home any longer. Your father would have you effectively in prison. Just the same, I won''t have you shamed. I will arrange for you to stay with my sister and her husband until we are properly married. I won't let him accuse me of your rape or kidnapping. I will be sure that it is quite public, both where you are staying and why. Our best defense here is openess. We have nothing to hide. Just the same, if your father should recover his wisdom, and can find his way into your good graces, I will acceed to your wishes." When they reached the steamer, he asked her "Would you mind if I drive her? I love this little car. She is as fast as a race horse."

Lilliana sat there at the wheel while he spoke of where she could go. "How ab-" He asked if he could drive her little car since he loved it. Sliding over so he could take the wheel. "Remember my Aunt Rita? From my mother's side. Why don't I stay there since my Aunt is open minded like her Husband. I think you three would get along wonderfully since they are from a similar background as your family." She didn't know how to say it without sounded like it was an insult or off putting.

"I love you but I don't want to exclude my family from my life because of this...Silly accusations towards you and your family. I know what happened since the sisters were with me then disappeared. Leaving me alone at that very party where we first saw eachother then started to work together." Laughing softly. "I think that was the last time you saw me dolled up but afterwards it was a relief not to put the make up on and have my hair up constantly."

"As I said, you may stay where you wish, I just want to protect your right to choose, and my right to accept your choice. Your aunt's it is. But first the night is young, and we have a courtship to celebrate. We could celebrate it at the party if it were not for your father. Where would you like to go? What would make you happy? I have an idea if you don't." His thoughts were all of the lake in the moonlight. The lake was the last place they had actually played together, before their parents made them aware of the class difference, and that they might no longer associate as friends. they had been only 12. He waited quietly while she thought and the steamer built the necessary pressure to fly over the road like the wind.

Thinking it over as she smiled with her taking his hand into her own. "Remember your idea for a horse ride? How about horse back riding under moonlight?" Leaning up as she kissed him softly with her free hand moving over his chest. "Why should this dampen our plans when we can alter our celebration?" Her lips never let the smile go while she leaned up against his strong form.

Back
Top Bottom