Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Books

Queen of the Damned

Come join the coven
I'm looking for some new books to read. I'm into mostly romance, young adult, dystopian, sometimes historically fiction. Paranormal romance is my favorite thing to read. I've a lot but kind of getting into that mode where it's hard to find good books.

I'm more into horror, supernatural, twisted, duality themed books, so, I don't really have any suggestions for titles. But! I am pretty good at finding new shit to read!

Goodreads.com

That's my fav website. When I'm craving a particular theme or element in a story, I type it in there and boom! Lists!

Example: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

There's the "readers of this also enjoyed" list off to the right hand side. There's "more books by this author" just down below it. Then my fav, the one I lose myself to for hours, "Lists with this book" lists! :D Sometimes they get really specific about different elements of the story. Just type in the last book you liked that you read and that you wanna read more books like.

Then you can use Amazon.com the same way, if you have an account there. I spend hours wading through the "buyers of this also liked these" lists.

Then, last but not least, my trump card: Tv Tropes.org

If I just can't find the specific shit I'm into or a similar themed book, I go there and look through trope lists. Fight Club(Literature) tvtropes Using Fight Club as an example again, it'll give you tropes that are featured in this book. Click on the trope for what you're craving at the moment, Imaginary Friend, for instance, and go down to the "books" folder and look through other books that featured this trope.

That's all I got, man. Good luck!

Crank by Ellen Hopkins- Ellen Hopkins is a very creative writer. The format that most of her books come in is just WONDERFUL. I loved the book Crank although I have no idea if it would be your kind of thing.

Flann O'Brien's 'The Third Policeman.' It's just... it's so hard to describe but it's so fascinating. It's paranormal, it's comedy, it's science fiction, it's horror, it's absurdism, it's fantasy... all rolled into one. I can't recommend it enough, and the real tragedy is that O'Brien died before the manuscript was rediscovered.

Have you read the Outlander Series? The Feng Shui Detective is a wonderful series if you can find it.

Back
Top Bottom