Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Finding an engagement ring?

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
So, to the ladies and fellas out there, I have a question for you who are engaged and or married.

What was it like finding an engagement ring? Did you pick it out and hope for the best or did you and your loved one look for a ring together? Did your loved one pick it out?

I've been looking through engagement rings for WEEKS and still don't have a solid idea of what ring I want. [And no, I'm not even looking above 150$] My SO looks at rings with me and there still isn't The One Ring to Rule Them All after all the searching.

So tell me, how did you find The One Ring?

My husband had a custom ring made for me (platinum band with a princess cut diamond in the center) and proposed during my visit to Okinawa in December 2010 (he's Air Force). Originally he planned to give it to me on Christmas morning but couldn't wait any longer and I got it about a week before the twenty fifth. We were in bed and he just pulls the ring out of a little box and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Now it's four years and one kid later and we're still incredibly happy.

My wife and I went together, knowing her if I bought the wrong thing I never would have heard the end of it. Turns out we just decided on plain gold bands, as a guy who wears no jewelry other than ear rings (long ago...yeah another life phase) I had no real idea of what was good so just asked her point blank what would work. At the time she mentioned Tiffany's, and I think they allow you to buy something then upgrade it later, the price you pay part of the next step up. Not sure if they still do that.

Back
Top Bottom