Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A modest proposal

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
So, unfortunately, my new CMS project is not anywhere near finished.

Also unfortunately, the way the lot of you has used these forums is such that MyBB is simply not designed to cope with it.

To address this, rather than continuing the torture with such a moronic database schema being retained for MyBB's next version, I was thinking of instead moving us to Elkarte, if we can find/make an appropriate theme for it.

It's a fork of SMF, and while not the same, it should be close enough that I could port some of the custom code I created for Elliquiy over without too much effort.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

After an initial search, this is the only theme I could find worth posting.

http://themes.elkarte.net/2014/12/Silence/

I know diddly about coding a theme, but I can probably help with any graphical assets. I would just need to work with someone that can inform me on what I need to make. The vast majority of visual elements for this sit are very simple (gradients and solid colors), and can likely be recreated (I do find them kinda ugly though). If the process is still as I remember it, most of the graphical assets are smaller "tiles" that are created with a horizontal and/or vertical repeating code in mind. Simply make sure the correct edges match, and the graphic can be repeated an infinite amount of times, which allows the site to stretch, and for a small image to cover a large space.

I don't wanna be That Guy, but my only concerns are:

-Would the PM system still allow for long series of nested quotes like MyBB does? I struggled to find an example screenshot or anything and that feature is like, borderline imperative for PM RP in my opinion (which I find myself doing more and more) and I know certain message board codes by default parse to only the most recent quote, which would make PM RP a massive, massive pain in the ass, especially archiving offsite (which I do so I can keep a reasonably low number of stored PMs so as to lessen the load on the servers).
-I'm actually not crazy about it visually but that might be as much a matter of familiarity as anything.
-Say my first concern is, by default, NOT in this new system. Is that the kinda thing you could write site-specific code for? I dunno how easily customizable stuff like this is.

Apologies if these are dumb questions, they're just my only real concerns rather than being admittedly averse to change in general. :p

Back
Top Bottom