Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Newbie Question

I am still learning the ropes here at BMR and I am having a great time. A big issue I run into though is how to organize my thread to make it more appealing, enticing, etc. I look around at other threads that are popular and see if I can imitate anything, spice up my own, and other things like that. I do get messages and roleplays but I'd like to make my thread look more presentable and catch my reader's attention. I know it's bland and I need to make some changes. I'm asking if I could see different opinions about what you look for when you view a thread, tips on organizing a thread, ways to make the text look appealing, etc. I'm not asking for specific suggestions about my own, real thread, I'm asking in general, what you think a good topic consists of, maybe a sort of checklist of sorts. I hope this isn't just a stupid question or ridiculous but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for some tips and advice. Thanks!

I like minimal stuff. I don't need loads of emotes, or colours. I want it to be easy to read- don't made huge chunks of text explaining something around the bush if you can do it concisely? Split up text so it's easier to read, utilize Bold, italic and Underlined to emphasise and split apart text that is bunched together.

I use bulletpoints/lists a lot, and any chunks of text for plots are good in colours or under a /spoiler bracket.

To avoid huge long Post boxes, you can reserve a few posts to split up your requests thread- personal interests/no goes and info as an RPer, plot ideas, images, if you have a lot of content you want to involve or get across.

Look at all the other request threads! Pick up which ones YOU find appealing, and try and recreate parts of it that visually work for you

I like using colored text for different sections and make my words short but potent. I know it can be overwhelming to see a huge wall of text, which is why I like to use spoilers if something needs further explaining. It gives them the option to click and learn more if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom