Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Awwww. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. That was sweet of all of you. It meant a lot to me.

My birthday was fun. I went out of town to a restaurant we all enjoy. Dinner was great. Afterwards I had a birthday cheesecake. Yeah. I had to be different. Lol.

I owe replies. What a shocker. I also still want to my request thread. When I can find the time, and I’m not so sleepy, I’ll get it done. Fall is certainly in the air around here. The temps have dipped down. I read somewhere that fall is a southerner’s reward for surviving summer. I can believe that. Lower temps, leaves falling, and a breeze with a nip in the air. Ahhhh. I do so love this time of year. Hurricane Mathew is also set to hit the South Carolina coast. Where I’m at is only looking at some wind and rain. That’s a good thing. I live three hours from the coast. As much as I wish I lived closer, I don’t. I love the beach. Haven’t been in a while, but I love the beach. Maybe next year.

Well I have to work tonight. Another night of closing up the department. I’m not going to complain. At least I have a job. There are so many that don’t and would love to. I’m thankful for what I do have, even if it does get on my nerves at times. Lol.

Have a good day Bluemoon!

Well Hurricane Mathew is getting closer. Today we’re getting a little bit of rain and a lot of clouds. Tomorrow is the day things might get a little hairy. The weatherman said the winds should start around 6am. Then of course there’s the rain. Here’s hoping I won’t lose power. A paid day off because too many people can’t make it to work would be nice, but if it means I lose power, then no. I’ll go in. lol. To anybody that may be at the coast or anywhere in the path of Mathew, please stay safe. My prayers are with. For those who have already seen his destruction, you too are in my prayers. I hope you and yours’ didn’t meet too much damage.

Well tonight is still a work night. So it’s time to be heading to it.

Have a good night Bluemoon!

Mathew is hitting us today. Some wind and rain are all we’re getting. While I’m glad for that, I’m also a little let down. This means I have to go to work tonight. Lol. It’s okay though. I have the next two days off. I want to get all my rps caught up in that time. As it stands right now, I only have two more to do. My count has gone down drastically from what it once was. That’s right. I don’t have as many.

My active rps are as follows. Active means I’ve gotten a reply, or sent one, in the last two weeks.
Thread
Unearthly Lust – DonVoltonus (Don is a great partner)
The Hotel - Reydan (I have to smile at the title of this one consider not too long ago I watched the season of American Horror Story Hotel)
The Mages – Silvernight (This is our second rp, and it’s still going)

PM
Tipping The Scales – AeonTrailion (What can I say? I love this guy. Graham is unbelievable. Aeon indulges me in some dark fantasies, and I thank him for that.)
A Father’s Love – BennyQ (Someone I’ve known for a few years now. Our rps are always interesting)

On Elliquiy
A Fresh Escape – BurningWilliows (We worked on Eternal Peaks here, and after it came to a close, we decided to continue with two of our characters here on this site. So the beginning of this rp is in Eternal Peaks which is in the group rp section. While I miss it dearly, I am enjoying our new adventure, when I have the time of course.)

Time. Yeah. I never seem to have enough these days. Today I’m taking some time for myself. That’s why I was able to get some replies out. I still want to write one more before I call it day. That will leave with only owing one, and I just got that reply back last night. Then in the next couple days, when I’m off, maybe I can get that work done on my request thread. I want something exciting. I’ve had discussions about new rps, and I hope they work out. Not ready to give up on rping yet. I’ve enjoying writing for a while. I just lack the discipline the actually write a book on my own. So rps is a good outlet. In the time I’ve been on this site, I’ve had some wonderful, talented partners. Some I’ve lost, and they will forever be the ones that got away. Among those, I’d like to say one of them that if you ever wish to pick up our rp again, I’m here. We don’t talk like we use to, and that is a shame. I miss you. I know real life is….real life, and I understand that. To hear from you more would be nice. I’m always here for you. You’re my friend. You’re one of the few people on this site who has ever seen my face. Lol. And I’ve seen yours’.

I have three of these ones that got away, and sure I’d love to work with them again. Is it in the cards? With two of the them, probably not. With the other one? Maybe. I hope so. Former partners, current partners, and ones who got away the time we have spent together has been unforgettable. You’re all talented in your own right. Never let anyone tell you differently or make you feel like you’re not.

Well it’s time to get that one last reply for today done. So BurningWillows, I’m off to E to write for our rp. Have a good day Bluemoon!

At work, we have Halloween decorations out, and we have Christmas decorations out as well. What? Literally you can see both while standing in the same spot. Can we please just slow down and enjoy one holiday before we start planning for the next one? Christmas isn't even the next one. Thanksgiving, for those of us in the states, is next. Now next month I will admit I would like to attend The Southern Christmas Show. It's a huge event that takes place about an hour away from where I live. Vendors come in and sell their goods. It takes up three buildings, and it can take hours just to go through all of them. I mean it is a lot of people selling there. I got a cameo as a gift a few years back that I picked out from someone in my family. Yes. I like cameos. I like the old, vintage look. I put it on a lace, offwhite bow that I have, and I can wear it in my hair. Anyway, we go before Thanksgiving to The Southern Christmas Show. Why? The show travels, and they stop close to us around that time of the year. So if I go this year, it will be before Thanksgiving. Aside from that, I don't want to do anything for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I want to celebrate the time with my family before I celebrate the next holiday after it. These holidays only come around once a year. I'm going to slow down and enjoy them.

Congratulations Reydan! Today is your two year anniversary here at BMR. Ladies and gentlemen this is a very talented member. He and I have completed two rps together, and I must say that I have enjoyed them both. You are also a good friend. We’ve shared a few things together since we met, and I hope there is so much more to come. Happy anniversary Rey! Here’s hoping the next year brings you more rps, friends, and good times.

Today is day one of three days off. I’d like to get caught up, but I know how that goes. Lol. Still it’s nice to hope. I’ve gotten hooked on a tv show that I’m binge watching on Netflix. I know I missed the boat on this one, but I’m loving Lost. So I end up watching a lot while eating popcorn, white cheddar popcorn to be exact. Mmmm. Lol. So I’ll try to get some replies done in the next few days.

On a different note, I’d like to thank everyone that reads this journal. It’s nothing more than the rambling thoughts that play on my mind, and it amazes me how many people actually read this. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts.

Have a good day Bluemoon!

Last night I watched the new version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. *Ahem* Well…..*sighs* I was afraid they were going to ruin it. My fears were confirmed. Adam Lambert as Eddie was the most enjoyable part next to the ending credits. Yeah. It was that bad. I made an evening of it. Cooked fried chicken, called out from work, using my sick time, just so I could sit down and watch, and then…..that was what I saw. *hangs head* They mangled the dancing to Time Warp. It was like Time Warp meets interpretive dance. Frank was played a woman. A woman! *gags* Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever give Tim Curry a run for the money in that role. She tried so hard to BE Tim Curry, and while her voice was pretty good, that was where the praises to her performance end for me. Rocky’s shorts were too long. Columbia had her own style, and this actress clearly missed it. The sass that was there when the original Columbia delivered the lines was missed. Riff Raff was okay, but he too was trying too hard. Magenta lacked the same sense of style as the orginal as well. They were either trying to hard to be like the originals, or they were missing the mark completely. The only person who got it right, as far as I’m concerned, was Adam Lambert. He portrayed Eddie clearly enough so that you knew who he was, but you could also Adam’s sense of style on the character. To do so with a role previously done by other actors is hard, but he hit the mark. Bravo! Tim Curry did play the part of the narrator. It was good to see him. I wasn’t aware until last night that he had suffered a stroke. It made seeing him all the sweeter.

So tonight I decided to take myself to the basics. Tonight was pizza and the original Rocky Horror Picture Show! Yes! I love it! Meatloaf! That man is something! Tim Curry in heels with full make-up on singing is still a sight to see. I can’t even walk in heels, and that man can run in them! I loved it! My roommate loves the audience participation. Me? I’m a purist, or that what he calls me. I just want you to sit down, shut up, and let me watch the movie. It makes no sense. The layout of the house, the time lines, it just all makes no sense, and yet the movie is great. It’s a cult classic. Who doesn’t leave seeing good looking people running around in their underwear? Tim is sexy dressed like he is in the movie, and of course nothing beats the Time Warp. After all, it’s just a jump to the left.

I’m home tonight, clearly, but tomorrow starts five days straight of going in. Varying times, of course, but I’ll still try to be around. My muse for writing has been absent, for the most part lately, but she’s trying to surface once more. Good. I welcome her back. Have a good night Bluemoon!

Well I’m getting ready to get dressed and head out for the day. Being in my pjs has been fun, but the day must start. Stinks, but it’s true. I’ve done some replies this morning. I still have one in thread, two in PM, and two on Elliquiy that I have to do. Five. That’s not that bad. I’ve owed more at one time before. I have to go to work today though. So I won’t be able to do any writing until tonight. There’s a slim chance I could do some while on my lunch hour at work, but I doubt it. One, it’s usually not quiet enough in the break room for me to do that, and two, I’ll probably be watching Lost on my break. Besides right now I don’t think I’m taking my laptop to work anyway. I don’t write replies for my rps on my phone usually. I work the next five days, but today is the longest day I work. *rolls eyes* I hate long days, but at the same time, I like them. I hate them because they’re long. Lol. Clearly. I spend most of my day there. I like them because I can get things done because I am there so long. It’s a tough situation. Lol. Anyway, have a good day Bluemoon!

Well, it’s the weekend again. I’m caught up on my rps here at BMR. Yay! Small victories. I still owe three at Elliquiy. Maybe they will get done today. Maybe not. I know one I’d like to get done there because my partner only posts two days out of the week. Sunday is one of those days. So I’d like to have something up for her to post to. Otherwise I’ll have to wait until later in the week. Seems Saturdays are a good day for me to get a lot of replies out. I don’t have to be anywhere, most Saturdays, until later in the day. It’s getting close to time for me to get ready to leave in face. It’s 12:41pm now. Usually I’m already out of the house by now. It’s nice to have a few hours where I can do this. I try to get a few replies during the week, but time and muse are always an issue. Still I try. I remember the days where I have well over 20 rps, and I was writing every day. Times change.

My life is good though. I have my family and my job. Things stay fairly busy. Halloween is this weekend. While I’m not a big celebrator of this holiday, I do wish those that do a happy and safe time. Next month brings Thanksgiving to those of us here in the states. I will also, hopefully, be attending The Southern Christmas Show. It’s a wonderful event that, in the past, I’ve gone to with my mother and sister in law. Other people have joined us in the past, but those two are always there. This year my mom and I are going. We may take one other person with us. We’ll see. I don’t spend tons of money there. One year I did buy this beautiful wreath though. I also picked out a cameo that my sister in law gave me for Christmas. Mentioned that before I think. Lol. It’s all about the holiday spirit, finding a few gifts, food, and having fun. We’ve gone on the weekends in the past, and the crowds are horrible. So this year we’re going during the week. Maybe it won’t be as bad.

Well that’s enough rambling. I would like to take a shower before heading out. So have a good day Bluemoon.

Happy Birthday Day Reydan! I hope you have a wonderful day!

My posting may be a little more strained than usual for the next couple of weeks. I may not be on Skype as much as well. Sorry for this. It can't be helped. As much as I wish it could be, it can't.

The holidays are coming up. Here in the states, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Our store shuts down for Thanksgiving, and they are giving up a free turkey. My family may be traveling half an hour out of town to my brother and sister in law's house. Lots of food and conversation. I look forward to it. One thing I love about Thanksgiving is the way the house smells when you come inside. My family doesn't cook turkey through the year. So the turkey, the ham, the dressing, mom would cook that every Thanksgiving. Homemade biscuits. Few things compare to a ham biscuit when it's homemade. I'm sorry, and no offense to anyone else, but my mom is the world's best cook. There's just no competetion. Now she usually gets the turkey from the restaurant she works at. There's nothing wrong with it. Heck it's pretty good. The food isn't the best part of the holiday though. It's family. It's being together and being thankful for what we have. So I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving when the holiday gets here.

Christmas? That's for another post.

I'm heading out. Today is a long day at work, and I have other things to do today. Have a good day Bluemoon.

I haven’t made any journal entries in a while. Well at least it feels like it’s been a while since I have. I’ve been busy with work and other things. Maybe we all are around this time of the year. The holidays can be a happy, fun time. I just finished working an 8 day stretch at work. So today I’m enjoying a day off. Seems like it was longer than 8 days though. I had 2 days off last week, but my mom and dad both were taken ill. So I spent those 2 days at their house. The baby I babysit lives there. So there was no way they could take care of him, and his mother works third shift. So I slept there. As soon as my 2 days off were done, it was back to work. I was scheduled to be off Monday, but they called wanting to know if I could work. Of course I said yes. I’m so tired sitting here. Lol. I think falling asleep is certainly in my future soon, and I don’t mean when I go to bed tonight.

Replies have been slow. What a shocker. Lol. I’m trying. The finishing touches will be going on one of my posts today. I rather enjoyed writing it. Some posts were posted yesterday. I think after this one goes up I’ll have 4 left. Not too bad. I would like to start a new rp, but I don’t seem to see any plots that interest me. I know I’m tired of mindless smut. I want it to mean something. She wants him. Why? Is it just because he’s attractive? Is it because she wants to be dominated? Why? It’s so easy to write scenes about people engaging in passionate or lustful acts. I want some build up to it. I want it to mean something. I know I’m not the best by any means at coming up with plots, but they all seem like I’ve done them, or some variation of them. I want something new and exciting. When Eternal Peaks was started, I remember feeling this incredible excitement. I couldn’t wait to post my character. I want to feel that again with a new rp.

Well anyway, I’m going to add the finishing touches up to the reply I’ve been working on. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Have a good day Bluemoon.

BTW, to any new people to the site, I would like to say hello and welcome. Seems I don’t know many of the names on the Who’s Chatting list these days. Some are familiar, but a swarm of people I don’t know occupy that space lately. So hello and welcome. If you would like to chat, by all means send a PM. I don’t bite, but I may take a while to reply. Lol.

Good afternoon Bluemoon. I’m sorry to those I owe posts to. Lately I’ve just not had the muse to write. I’ve been working and doing other things. It doesn’t help that I’ve lost two partners, and a few of my rps seem dead in the water. Not to mention the fact that I’m sick right now as well. Head cold or allergies. I’m not really sure which one. I’m going to post the rps that I consider active. If there is a rp that we are doing that is not on the list, that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t continue. It just means it’s been inactive for a while.

Thread
Unearthly Lust – DonVoltonus
Keeping it in the Family, the next Generation – Alvis Alendran
The Mages – Silverknight
The Hotel – Reydan

PM
A Father’s Love – BennyQ

That’s it. I remember at one time having 20+ rps. Now look at how many I have. Lol. One of those listed above is teetering on not being active. I’ve been here at BMR for almost three years now. This had been a year of change, and part of that change is time. There’s never enough time for me to do what I want to. One of my partners left rping for that reason. Her life became so full there wasn’t enough time. I can understand that. I can relate. Lol. I’m just too stubborn to say the same thing. Rping is fun, and I like it. It’s become part of who I am, and I’m not ready to give that up. So no, I won’t walk away from it because I’m busy. I’ll just keep my number of rps low and make the time. I just finished watching Lost on Netflix. So that opened up some of my time. Lol. Now I just need to find some plots I find interesting and reply to the rps I do have. That’s another thing. I look at the plots, looking for one that will make me excited again, and they all seem so done. Finding that spark is elusive. I want a plot that when I read it, I’m so excited I can’t wait to send a message asking if the person is interested in doing said plot with me. I know it’s out there, and I know it’ll happen again. It’s just a matter of being patient.

Well BMR, I’ve got a full day today. Going Christmas shopping with my mom, and then tonight will be about wrapping what we buy. This year I’ve done all the wrapping for her. So yes, I’ve wrapped my own presents. Lol. It’s okay. We do a Chinese auction after all the gifts are done. It’s a fun way to bring the Christmas gift giving part to an end. This year my gift is so good, at least I think so. Every year giving money or candy is a big hit. This year I’m not giving candy or money. I bought a 2 gallon Homer bucket from Home Depot. How easy that was since I work there. lol. Now I’m buying one of those big bag of small bags of chips, and I’m going to stuff it full. So they get the chips and the bucket. It’s a different idea this year. My roommates get involved. One of them is doing a bag full of health care products. Bath fizzes, toothbrush, tooth paste, bath puff, that kind of stuff. All of it travel size inside a gift bag. I don’t know what my other roommate is going to do. Gift giving is a big thing at my house every year. It takes a while. I’m talking we’ve had to take breaks in the past. Lol. Smokers go smoke, people go to the bathroom, and some of us eat. My mom has all these finger foods out. It can take hours for us to all open gifts. At my parent’s house we will have 12 people. We have A Christmas Story on the TV in the background. My mom plays Santa, and everybody has their own spot that they go to. Me? I stay in the kitchen, not because of the food, but because only one other person gets close to that spot, and there is the table to sit my gifts on. I like the extra room. It’s not crowded in there. I sit at the bar, and I can see the entire living room. So it’s the best. So today I’m going out to finish the gifts so that I can wrap them tonight. So have a good day BMR.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Tonight I have to close the department. The good news is we close early. Lol. Plan on doing some drinking tonight, having something to eat, and watching the ball drop. No club, no bar, no big party. No. All of this will be at home, and I’m happy with that. Sure it would have been nice to go to a party, but I’m happy with what I’m doing.

I've been sick this month. Twice now I’ve gotten my behind kicked by a cold. Well, either it's been twice or I didn't get over the first one. So I apologize for being absent and slow with replies. Well. Slower than usual. Lol. In the coming year I plan on making more of an effort to set aside some time for myself to do what I enjoy. I’m not going to make a lot of grand resolutions. I will make resolutions that are able to be kept, that are something I can actually achieve. No, I’m not saying I’ll make easy ones, but I won’t set myself up to fail.

On the other hobby front, the Netflix addiction, I have been watching Orange is The New Black. It’s actually pretty good. I’m almost finished with the second season.

Well, once again I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Have a good day BMR.

SNOOOOOOOOW! We have snow on the ground here! Here in the south, that doesn’t happen a lot. So I get a snow day from work. The boss was already going around telling people they could come home if they wanted to. So, needless to say, I don’t think I’ll be going in later tonight. So that gives me today off, via the snow, and I’m off tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday off! Yes! I am a happy camper.

One of my favorite rps has come to a conclusion. What Goes Around was posted to for the last time by my partner DeRe. While I have privately spoken with him regarding the rp, I would like to thank him here as well. DeRe is a talented partner, and the experience I have had with him writing this rp has been amazing and unforgettable. He helped me bring a plot that I adored from start to finish. Cole is a character that will certainly be remembered.

January 22 is a special day to me. January 22 is my three year anniversary here at BMR. Wow. That long already. Three years. Hard to believe. My time here has been a journey with highs and lows, and I wouldn’t change of them. Anyway I’ll write more about that on the 22nd. For now, I just want to say thank you to all that have made these past three years here at BMR some of the best times in my life. Have a good day BMR.

I don't know why I do it. It's something I know better than to do, and yet I keep doing it. If it's not Netflix, it's something I got my roommate to download for me. A while back I got him to download the last season of American Horror Story. I've seen them all. So this last season was not something I was going to miss. So now that I'm caught up watching Orange is the New Black, which by the way I can't wait for the new season to come out, I started watching AHS. So, lol, after I post this journal entry, guess what I'm going to do?

I did some replies today, and frankly that felt good. As is now, I have three replies left to make. Gone are the days of 15+rps. My numbers are lower these days. I actually wouldn't mind starting up another literate rp. I do love my short rps dearly, but I'm starting to crave something with a little more meat to it. I thought about making another adopt-a-rp thread. This one would have MurderMe.com to it among a few other failed rps. I don't blame my partner for leaving MurderMe.com. I don't blame any of my partners for leaving rps. Life interrupts. Real life is more important.

On another note, I cleaned out my inbox. Trust me, that was no small feat. As it stands now, I only have a few messages in there that I need to clean out, and I just got a new one. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take care of a few other things before watching more AHS. Have a good day BMR.

Okay. It’s official. Last night I was called into the manager’s office. He offered me the full time position that has come open in my department. I took it. I did it! I reached my goal. Do I want to go into management? No. Why? Because I’ve done that before with another job, and I know the headache. The money being full time is great. I still get full benefits. Sure management would be even better, but to be honest, I’m happy where I’m at. Sooooooooo I did it!

I know I owe some replies. When I get a bit of time where I can do those, I will. Have a good day BMR.

Today is three years that I have been a member here at BMR. Wow. That’s incredible to me. Three years. It’s been an amazing journey here. I would like to thank all the wonderful people I’ve met along the way. Some I’ve worked with, and some have been in passing along the way. Every comment, every pm, they all mean something. Don’t ever think you’re not making an impression on someone with a simple message. You are. For the longest time, I kept every single pm I received. Even now I’ve got folders of messages from different people. It’s crazy. I don’t like to throw many things away. If you’ve sent me a pm, then I might have it still saved. Lol.

The first rp partner I had here was great. His username was Jason. Granted there were other letters with it, but sadly I can’t recall them. He and I worked in email as well. I think we were rping in pm here. Back then I wasn’t so fond of thread. In fact, I was terrified of them. Jason was very understanding and patient. He gave me advice and continued to work with me. I owe him a lot. My second partner here is still here on the site. Actually he’s pretty well known. His journal and his threads are well read. Sadly most women seem to not comprehend what exactly he’s looking for. I’m included in that. It’s why our pm rp failed. When two people aren’t on the same page, interest is lost. Still Mr. Quixotic is a talented writer, and I’m happy he’s found writers who are able to indulge his specific interests. My third partner is still a member here, but sadly he’s not a very active member. His life is a busy one. At one time, we had four rps, I think, going. Lol. I looked at his username for a while before I finally gathered the courage to send him a pm. He was hesitant, as I didn’t have any threads, but he took a chance on me. I can never thank him enough for that. Tyr and I still chat here and there. He is another great assesst to this site.

I’ve found in my time here many great assets. This site has a talented writers, and it will never cease to amaze me that some of them actually agree to work with me. Alvis Alendran, Reydan, Benny Q, those are just a few of the wonderful people I’ve been blessed with. Victorian_Virtue, Sync, LadyDark, there are too many to list. I would certainly forget to put a name up, and in the end, I’d feel horrible for it. Adam Edwardson. Lol. Oh my gosh! He gave me the plot that I was determined to finish, and thanks to DeRe, it found it’s end. BurningWillows, who doesn’t rp anymore, founded the group rp that I shall never forget.

Some of the writers on this site I will never measure up to what you’re looking for. I can accept that, but all of the people I’ve worked with have always left me wanting more. Another post, another rp, another pm, something. For that, I thank you all. I’m fond of saying that a good post makes you feel something, whether it’s happy, sad, angry, aroused, scared, something. Thank you to all of those you whom have made me feel something. Keep writing. Here’s to another wonderful year on BMR. Have a good night BMR.

**If your name was not mentioned specifically, please do not take offense. None was intended. You are still dear to me.**

@ Sirix

Thank you. I owe a thanks to you for making these three years amazing. You got me to step beyond my comfort zone. Doing a period rp was something I was nervous about, but you were patient, understanding, and willing to be so helpful. Thank you so much for that.

@ AnnaBeth Belle

Awww. Thank you so much. Glad you like her.

Back
Top Bottom