Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers 2.0 (Broom and I)

"Tch, figures..." Luce muttered. "Fucking one eyed whore, dig deeper." she murmured. "I need a cell number, anything else. Everything else."

Cyrus was already downloading everything they had on file for her. He had finished with the encryption for her file, so it wouldn't hurt. "One eyed whore? Is that who captured Rayna? Do you want info on her?"

"No, I know who she is..." Luce grimaced. "Get everything you need, we leave tonight." Fucking hell, she should have known. She should have known the first time she saw another fireball let loose. "Sooner we leave, the better. I know a safe place."

"Alright then...I'll let this download while I pack up." He couldn't take much really, he knew that. But then again, he really didn't have a lot. He pretty much wore the same three outfits every week, and he only had one pair of shoes. Everything was down here, thankfully.

Downloading the rest of Rayna's file didn't take very long, so by the time he was done packing, he started to pack up the terminal. The monitor screens were the largest part. The actual computer was about the size of a small stereo speaker. Once he was finished, he started heading up stairs..though he really wasn't looking forward to the carnage he was about to face.

Beach City was not a resort town, it was a fortress. But you'd never know that if you didn't see the subtle clues, clues that the average vapid, extremely rich person would see just as a normal routine. From the ground up, it was built to be an impeterable, man made fortress of corporate might. Rent found arrogance amusing, if it wasn't so goddamned wasteful. The CDA was filled with a bunch of dicksucking, money spitting idiots. He had been against the plan from the start, not because it wasn't a good idea..but because it was a beacon for Fixers. But no, they claimed, there would be no Fixers. Their security would be air fucking tight.

His goddamn ass it was. There were more Fixer reports here than places like New York, Tokyo and Moscow...places that were practically corporate holy ground. He tried to keep a tight ship, but every ship needed to let off some pressure...this wasn't the pressure he wanted, or needed, however. Jamieson Marcus Rent stalked into the SMDA headquarters, his face as stoic as usual. But he was here for a reason: he wanted answers...answers that Kerry probably wasn't going to give him.

"Bring me Kerry, now," Rent said, to the pale faced woman who quickly sent a relevant message to the top of the food chain. She always thought she could do whatever the hell she wanted...he was already feeling a headache start, and morning had just barely peeked out of darkness of night.

It took a little while for Kerry to come..mainly because she was in the middle of something she thought was important. Way more important than being criticized by that nosy man who thought he knew what was best when it came to everyone and everything. Kerry only paid attention to him when they were dealing with non magical entities...but anything that had to do with magic? That was her territory, and if she didn't agree with whatever he had in mind, she just ignored him and did what she wanted.

The blonde haired, golden eyed woman eventually found the time to see him. She had a very annoyed look on her face, because she knew what this was about. The girl she brought it...the one who was attached to a problem that she nearly had gotten rid of had she not slipped through their fingers. Yeah, she messed up by not detaining "Luce". But she had Rayna and that's what really mattered in the grand scheme of things..to her.

"What do you want, Rent?" She asked after their eyes met. "I'm busy."

"You know what I want," Rent said, arms crossing. "Who told you to go ahead with this? Do you realize what you've done, Kerry?" he frowned. "You just set off a powder keg, and you're acting like we need to start bringing out cake for celebrations. Do you have any idea what Luce is going to do?" Everything, was the short answer. Everything dangerous and explosive was the long one. Everyone working for a Corporate entity was expendable on a fixer mind, and that rule was flexible.

Kerry's eyes shifted away as he started talking. She knew that she was going to have to hear this when she found out that Luce managed to get away. "Look, we nearly had Luce arrested too, but it didn't happen. I did take your opinion into account, but just because she managed to escape after we wounded her didn't mean I was just not going to detain Rayna. Me and my men will attempt to find Luce before she causes too much trouble." That was easier said than done, especially if somehow she managed to patch herself up. She already lost a few people to her..she didn't want anymore casualties.

"You won't, and she will," Rent said easily. "She'll be here soon enough, Kerry. Nothing short of a full army is going to slow her down, that woman is a force of nature, and you just stole her eye of the storm." he sighed. "...That being said, have you managed to obtain anything from Rayna?"

"Then I guess we better start assembling the troops." Kerry passively said as she sat on the secretaries desk and crossed her legs. Her single eye was focused on him, but she looked bored. "What do you mean by that? You mean information? Because she won't open her mouth. Hasn't spoken a word ever since we took her."

"Because she's waiting," Rent muttered. "Kerry, let her go. This isn't going to end how you think it will, I can promise you that. There are ways to deal with the two of them, but this isn't the right one." He had sources, and those sources were more informative than anything they could have. "You deal with them together, or not at all."

Kerry narrowed her eyes at Rent. Was he really serious about this? No way, not when she had men die over this girl. Unless... "Fine. But not without giving her a purpose. She's a Fixer..she can lead us to others. I will make sure that this wasn't a waste of time, that some benefit will come from your ridiculous suggestion." A chip..she would install a tracking chip inside the girl. Something small enough that would barely disturb the magic inside her.

Rent's eyes narrowed a fraction, but crossed his arms. Fine, she wanted a lesson? He'd give her one. Humility would go a long way, no matter what those rich pricks thought...things didn't work how they wanted to. They made the rules, and the laws...and Fixers would always worm their way in and poison every one before they left. Beach City was no different.

"Alright then," Rent said easily. "What do you need?"

"A tracking chip and a surgeon. And some powerful drugs to knock her out so she won't remember a damn thing." Kerry answered as she leaned back on the palms of her hands that were touching the desk. "Why? Are you planning on helping me for a change?"

"I'm going to see how this plays out," Rent said casually. "This is your game, Kerry. I'll just watch the pieces move, fine. You'll get what you need."

"Uhuh." The blonde woman muttered before getting up from the desk. "Then make the arrangements for me. I will see if our little Rayna wants to talk now. If not, that's fine." He was definitely one conceited, annoying bastard. He wanted her to fail, or at least that's how it seemed. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

"You're the boss," Rent said, hands in his pockets as he followed her to see Rayna. Hopefully, she was being well taken care of...a hair out of place would have Luce all the more angry.

Kerry may have been a hard ass, but she wasn't a monster. Rayna was fine, but probably unhappy with the anti magic links placed on her neck, wrists and ankles. She wasn't even restrained in the interrogation room, but that was because she was being closely watched. In front of her was a sandwich, something that remained untouched. Guess she refused to eat.

"Gonna talk to me today, Rayna? Or maybe you'd prefer to talk to this nice gentlemen here?" Kerry waited for an answer, but didn't get as much as a twitch from the woman. Hell, it was like they didn't even exist to her.

Rent regarded her a moment, perhaps checking to make sure everything was where it should be before he sat down in front of her, rummaging into his jacket a moment before slipping out a phone that showed video of a very familiar blonde haired woman being dragged out of a junkyard. The two of them, inseparable. Rent wasn't showing her this out of the kindness of his heart...but to get a reaction.

"You and I both know she's coming," Rent said faintly. "So eat, for her sake, at least."

That actually worked. Rayna missed Luce dearly, and her eyes watched the video for a moment before she looked up at him. Their eyes met for just a moment before she looked away. She hated Kerry, so she would talk to him just so she could spite her. "I don't like Rye bread." A simple answer. Enough to keep herself disengaged, but it would still piss off that one eyed woman.

Rent leaned back a moment, pulling the sandwich over as he glanced to Kerry.

"Then get her a different bread, Kerry." That alone was worth it, naturally...

Kerry glared at Rent, her eye slightly twitching with anger. How dare that little...ugh. She did that on purpose, making her look bad. None the less, she left to get that stupid girl another sandwich, but it was clear she was seething.

Rayna didn't even watch her leave. She wasn't planning on breaking her silence again..even if he was pretty handsome.

"Shame you don't like Rye," Rent said, taking a bite. "I do, and it's always better when subordinates get food for you, too....so, are you going to tell me anything, or should I just start talking until something makes you perk up again?"

This man was curious..and a lot more charismatic than Kerry. Was it some good cop, bad cop routine? Rayna would just let him talk for now, whatever he wanted couldn't have been any better than what that woman did. She just wanted to see Luce again. He would get no reaction once more..not unless he gave her something worth reacting to.

"My name is Marcus Jameison Rent," he said, wiping his lips with a napkin. "I'm the current Commanding Officer of the CSA stationed on Beach City. Of course, at times my position is a pointless title...and other times, it is a valued asset." he said, glancing at her. "I know about you, Rayna...and Luce, and what you two did in New York. Very impressive, or maybe a little mind numbing, but still. So, I'll make a deal with you:" he said, sitting his phone down. "I ask a question, you answer it...you ask me a question, I answer it." he said, tapping a button on his phone. Whatever it did, the noise in the room seemed to be a lot less...obvious. The silence was almost numbing.

"I know where Luce is," he said. "What will you tell me to find out?"

Back
Top Bottom