Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Come And See [Apocalypse plot thread, still recruiting 3-4 more people]

Madam Mim

One Big Modern Mess
Rated M for apocalyptic scenes, violence, and possible sexual themes.

GssXlHc.png

We are living in the end times. The Seven Seals have been broken, the Seven Trumpets have been sounded, and two of the Seven Golden Bowls have been poured by the angels onto the earth. The Beast reigns upon the earth, but you've refused his mark and live outside the oppressed hoards. You've been marked by God, that the locusts of the Abyss may spare you, but they're long gone as are two thirds of the world's population. The seas have turned to blood, there are no stars and no wind, the face of the Earth has been changed by earthquakes and firey hail, smoke and brimstone. Across a third of the world, the grass is scorched and nothing grows. It's a world in which you actually long for the days when the most you had to worry about was the Pale Horse. Now the people outside of major cities—New York, London, Paris, etc.--live in tribes, and even in the cities life is difficult, but no matter where you go only those branded with the mark of the Beast on their forehead or their right hand may buy or sell.

This is the version I'm referencing (Book of Revelations, King James version), and this is the Cliff Notes version that should help you with what has happened so far and what's yet to come.

It's actually not as bad as the movies always made it look. Sure the earth is scorched and the world is in complete impenetrable blackness for eight hours a day, but between the Woes life is actually pretty normal for the most part, even if electricity grids outside major cities have gone down and pretty soon drinking water will be hard to come by. Angels and Demons walk the earth openly, battling when they meet and causing even more deaths. From what you've gathered, however, you're still not normal. It started shortly before the wars broke out, before the First Seal was broken and the White Rider rode across the land. You had a dream, and in this dream an Angel of the Lord came to you and told you that soon you would be instrumental in a Heavenly battle on earth. When you awoke you had these strange abilities.

That was years ago, and there's still been no Heavenly battle, only Hell on Earth. Billions more have died since then. The population of the entire world is probably only down to a few thousand now, thanks to the Woes and the chaos that follows each one, resulting in more deaths and looting and a further breakdown of what little society is left. But now it's time. The Angel came back and told you to start walking, so you started to walk. He told you that you'd find others like yourself, and that when the time came you'd know your mission.

All of this was prophesied in the Book of Revelations, but there were things not revealed to John of Patmos. There are seven objects hidden around the world—the continents of which have crashed together like Pangea in the wake of the destructive forces of the Apocalypse—which might allow the Beast, the Antichrist, to rule on earth and prevent the dead from being judged and the coming of the New World and New Jerusalem even after the Second Coming of Jesus. These objects have been touched by God and hold certain properties which when used correctly can work miracles...or can be used to fight your enemies. You won't know what these objects are until you've collected the one before it and you won't know where in the world they are, but either divine or infernal intervention will lead you to them.

The Objects
-The Chalice-The Holy Grail
-The Spear-The spear which the Centurion (who's a real guy and is still walking the earth) used to wound Jesus on the cross
-The Pearl- “And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl”-Rev 21:21 This is a fallen pearl from the gates of the New Heaven which is promised in Revelations.
-The Shroud- The Shroud of Turin, in which Jesus was buried
-The Shard- A shard of stained glass from the first adorned church
-The Shepherd's Rod-Moses's staff that worked miracles before Pharaoh
-The Feather-A feather from the dove Noah released after the flood which brought back an olive branch as the embodiment of the Holy Spirit

You will need to discover the objects' properties for yourself; as GM I won't tell you outright but I will create circumstances in which you can discover their uses.

-BMR rules apply, obviously, as well as no godmods (heh) or Mary Sues because nobody likes them especially me.

-You get one and only one special ability, and that ability can't be “everything,” or something that allows total control such as “control over all elements.” If you want an ability that allows you to take on the abilities of those around you, you can hold one ability at a time. If you want elemental control, you get one and only one element, and sorry but wind isn't allowed because “And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree”-Rev 7:1. Wind is long gone, dude.

-You are not secretly the Devil, a demon/angel, the Antichrist, the Whore of Babylon, or any other big figure from the Bible. You were a regular Joe who just happened to be chosen.

-No religious debates in the IC or the OOC. I'm using the Revelations Apocalypse because that's what I'm familiar with personally and is arguably the most depicted in popular culture. I hate religious debates because it's just a bunch of people screaming and not changing anybody's mind about anything, so I'm not allowing it. Your character does not have to be Christian or even particularly religious if you don't want. For example, my character doesn't believe Jesus is the son of God, or even that there's only one god, and for the purposes of this RP God is all Gods. This is including Zeus, Thor, the Green Man, and even Udan the Llama. If I decide for Him to manifest He's gonna manifest as one being because that's easier to manage (though He'll probably be mostly sending angels on His behalf) and I figure if God's truly omnipotent and all-powerful, He can manifest Himself to different cultures as a pantheon if He wants. So if your character believes in it, that's the guy who's gonna send Jesus to save the world in the end. If your character was an atheist...oops. Also whether or not your character believes Jesus is the son of God, Jesus is a real guy who's going to be the big player at the Second Coming. This is, for all intents and purposes, as close to a non-denominational apocalypse as we can get.

-Anyone caught breaking Rule #4 (aka ^ that one) will be warned twice then their character will be killed with no chance of resurrection. No exceptions. Speaking of which...

-You will die. I don't know when, where, or how, but it's gonna happen. Everyone will die, even me. Depending on your character, however, you do have a chance at resurrection as either an angel or a demon. I'll get to alignments in a minute, but just know for now that you don't necessarily have to be a good guy. More on that:

-You've been given the mark of God on your forehead because you're one of the 144,000, a descendent from one of the Twelve Tribes of Israel because there are these locusts “And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.” -Rev 9:7-10 and “it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.” -Rev 9:4 So if you didn't have this seal, the locusts would've tortured and probably eaten you.

-You have not accepted the Mark of the Beast. Yet. You have free will, so you still have the choice to, though you may not want to yet. See the alignments section for more. Also, why don't you go ahead and leave me a message to tell me your favorite color so I know you read the rules.

-In-fighting allowed, but if that's all that happens I'm sending an angel to kick your asses and make you behave.

-Rules subject to change or be added to, but I'll let you know if I do because it's good to be informed.

DO NOT PUT YOUR ALIGNMENT IN YOUR CHARACTER SHEET!!!!!!! This will make it less fun.

So here's the way alignments are going to work: you know the D&D scale of alignments? We're all gonna start out neutral, whether it's neutral good, neutral evil, or true neutral. You'll move up or down the scale depending on the events of the RP, your character's personality, and who your character thinks is offering a better deal. Remember how I said in the rules you haven't accepted the mark of the Beast yet? This is where that comes into play. If you're playing for the demons and decide down the line to out yourself as a bad guy and either go work on your own or with your fellow bad guys, you can accept the Mark of the Beast.

So here's what you're gonna do: you're going to private message me your alignment. We need three good, three evil, one neutral, because balance. Neutral guy, you can pick your alignment at a later date or keep waffling because you're morally ambiguous or the Devil makes a really good argument but your conscience keeps nagging at you or something. We'll discuss it when the time comes.

Alignment Count

Team God:
Team Lucifer:
Neutral Guy?

Name/Age/Gender:
Country and/or State/Province of Origin:
Appearance: [If you're gonna use pictures, use realistic ones. No anime or stuff like that please.]
Ability:
Brief background:
Personality:
Location at beginning of the game:

Name/Age/Gender: Rhiannon MacFeegle/26/Female

Country and/or State/Province of Origin: Scotland
Appearance: click click again last one (because angles and lighting and stuff)

Ability: Second sight (premonition/prophecy)

Brief background: Rhiannon was brought up in a small town north of Edinburgh, though she had already lost her parents by the time the first seal had been broken. Color her surprised when those God and Jesus fellows turned out to be real; she was brought up in the neopagan tradition, worshiping the Goddess and various aspects of nature including the Green Man. She counted herself fortunate that her home wasn't completely destroyed as the world began to end, but has been somewhat of a hermit in her little corner of the world. For those willing to seek her out she works as an herbalist and a holistic healer to those who haven't accepted the Mark of the Beast, though she is part of a small black market for those who have and want her goods.

Personality: Peaceful and non-confrontational, but stubborn and strong in her convictions; even in the face of God and all His angels she's kept her beliefs and merely incorporated this new deity into her understanding of the spiritual world. A bit naive due to her hermitry, but full of good intentions; she fancies herself a kitchen witch though the only real power she has is that which God gave her. Rhiannon likes to help whenever possible and the only part of this whole "mission from God" thing that bothers her is leaving her greenhouse behind.

Location at beginning of the game: Just south of what used to be the Scotland/England border

Name/Age/Gender: Joseph Elijah Young/27/Male

Country and/or State/Province of Origin: United States, Utah

Appearance: Joseph is right around 6'2", with sandy blond hair and pale blue eyes that look grey in dim light. He's got a scar on his abdomen from having his appendix out. He weighs around 195 lbs, but he used to weigh a whole lot more, and his posture is the slightly stoop-shouldered one that people uncomfortable with their height adopt.

Ability: Speaking and interpreting tongues. Joseph can understand and communicate in any form of language.

Brief background: Born and raised in Bountiful, Utah - a city just north of Salt Lake City, Joseph learned early in life to keep doubts to himself. He was the middle child of five children, raised in a devoutly Mormon family in the middle of the largest concentration of Mormons on earth. It just wasn't a place to question, not seriously, the faith you were raised with. And so, he didn't. He just coasted along, attending church and church events because that's where his friends were and that's where he was expected to go. When he turned nineteen, he went on a mission. Not so much because he really wanted to, but because it was expected of him.

He did think it was something of a bad joke when his call was to the England London Mission, as a Hindi speaking missionary. But, he attended the Missionary Training Center and learned the rudiments of Hindi. It was expected, after all.

Three months after arriving, the world went to hell in a handbasket. Eight years later, he's still alive. And not just alive, but thriving. He and his knack for language allowed him to build a life in the Apocalyptic wreckage of London as a scavenger and a black-market broker and dealer, connecting people who need services with people who provide services. The Mark means he doesn't see much cash, but there are always people who are willing to skirt the law to get things they need or want. And, as long as that's a fact, he figures he'll still be eating. He misses his family, of course, but for the first time in his life he feels like he's doing something because he wanted to do it. He's just sorry it took the end of the world to make him see that.

But now, he's having dreams and visions. Eight years after having thought the religious life was well behind him, angels are telling him to seek out his Brothers and Sisters. And so he's started walking.

Personality: Joseph is an introvert, who's learned to be outgoing. He's happiest when he's left to his own devices, to sit around and read or hang out with a few close friends. The end of the world pulled him out of that, but he's still moody and introspective at times. He also has an unexpectedly strong stubborn streak - he spent the first two thirds of his life doing what was expected of him, and nobody's going to push him around again.

Location at beginning of the game: Manchester

Name/Age/Gender: Devon Callahan/34/Male

Country and/or State/Province of Origin: U.S.A./Anchorage Alaska

Appearance: Devon Callahan

Ability: Holy Light: Generates a blindingly bright, white light that wards away demons and produces clarity in the darkest of nights.

Brief background: Once an army chaplain, Devon couldn't handle the horrors of war as well as he thought he could and as a result was honorably discharged after he was deemed unable to fulfill his duties. However with the prophesied end times erupting across the world he took up arms against the darkness and helped who he could. Now days he goes out on resource runs when needed and gives almost everything away except what he needs.

Personality: A man of faith who has seen the best, and worst, humanity has to offer. Devon believes that everyone can do good but he is no fool and is wary of all strangers, finger never leaving the trigger.

Location at beginning of the game: Somewhere south of a stronghold, looking for useful resources.

Yup it's still open! :D Go ahead and post your cs in the appreciate thread.

Double post go! Posted some newly accepted characters in the ooc up there. Just waiting for Sirix or The Creator to post a character and we can get started. If one or both of you could PM me please, I'd like to talk to you about alignment if you're seriously looking at joining. I just don't want our group to be overwhelmingly one alignment and right now we are.

Name: Katy Mallory
Country and/or State/Province of Origin: Colorado
Appearance: Katy has long red hair, green eyes, 5 foot 6 inches, and athletic build.
Ability: Elementalist- Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Kate must be touching the elemental source before she can use it. She keeps a flint striker, bag of dirt with pebbles and two small sealed acrylic bottles -one of air and one of water in different pockets so that she can use her ability when she needs to.
Brief background: Kate went to church with her parents from her birth until she was in high school. When she was in high school became a member of the Wild Life Conservation Club. The WLCC went on many weekend trips to various places to watch and record wild life. When Katie went to college, she did not have the time or so she felt and thought. At this time of her life her main focus was getting excellent grades and working towards her degree. As time went on, Kate drifted farther and farther from her beliefs that she had as a child.
Personality: Katy was a warm gentle person who is a pacifist and would do anything to avoid a fight. Now she is very cautious and wary of anyone that she does not know. She has develop a keen sense of self preservation and now knows that her very life is in danger. Yet all she has to do is to accept the mark of the Beast or of God. She has not decided which way to go……….
Location at beginning of the game: Oxford, England

Free bump, and feeling excited about this!

Oh, and Creator? I'd suggest finding an excuse to be in England at the start fo the game. The other two characters are there, so it's (slightly) less work to get everyone together. Maybe she was doing a study abroad semester?

Creator I need you to read over my PM regarding your character before she can be accepted. I sent it on the first and though tracking doesn't have it as unread it doesn't have it as read either. I think you may have accidentally deleted it, so I can send it to you again if you need me to.

Back
Top Bottom