Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Start of a New Peace (DaveTheHuman and Nightsorceress)

nightsorceress

Supporter
Supporter
Eliana had been in the forest behind her palace practicing with her bow and arrow when suddenly two the palace guards approached her. She lowered her bow from the next shot and greeted the men "my lady two girls were attacked in the forest this day by human slavers." Eliana was in shock and she angry "how did this happen, never mind are they are ok were then men stopped?" She demanded. "Yes my lady they are both safe thanks to a young man who stepped in on their behalf. However he was wounded. Although he a mortal he was brought back here in hopes you may help him." Eliana thought for moment a human inside her realm what would her father say? Luckily for her her father was away and she did not have consider it long. "Yes of course"

She moved quickly from the forest to her palace she was told the human was in a guest room and she made her to the room. She paused just outside the door, she never actually seen a mortal as mortals and elves were at war, but she had to trust this man, he had saved her people and she could not let that kindness go to waste. With a deep breath she opened the door and saw him laying peaceful on the bed. One of the servants bowed "my lady he was struck on the head" Eliana nodded "leave us" she commanded.

Eliana took a seat on the edge of the bed and just looked at the mortal for a moment. He was very handsome and kind looking. She knew could stare at him all the day long but she needed to heal him. She removed the bandage around his head and saw the wound she winced a little. She closed her eyes a moment playing a gentle hand on his cheek and began speaking in elvish. With in moments his wound was healed and her eyes opened. She smiled softly she would wait for him to wake.

Laying limp and unconscious, the two guards carry me through the palace to the nearest guest room they can find. They lay me on the bed and say to a servant woman "Watch him." Both guards split up through the palace to find you, knowing you are one of the few elves with the power to heal someone this badly injured. They are also well aware that you will help someone who intervened on the slave trade, regardless of race.

The guards meet back in the entrance hall, both unable to find you. The guess you are in the forest and quickly head there to find you. Bringing you back, the guards wait outside the door of the guest room as the servant woman closes the door behind her.

Inside it's just us. Laying on my back I'm a fit man wearing a simple pair of brown pants, leather boots, and a dark green shirt. My brown hair is cut short with a matching short beard. Nothing about me indicates my true identity, only that I'm a human male. As I remain in the deep slumber of unconsciousness I slowly feel a warmth building inside of me. It starts as barely recognizable until it becomes as warm as resting near the fireplace.

My green eyes open as I wake up with a start. My vision is badly blurred, making me lean up to gain control of my surroundings. I see the outline of a woman near me and my eyes focus on her. As my rapid heart begins to slow my vision returns to me and soon I see her true form.

Looking closer at her I can tell she is very beautiful, but there is something about her ears. I like how they look on her but something about them seems different to me. I can't place it.

Breaking from my thoughts I say "What's going on?" Confusion sweeping heavily over me.

Eliana watches closely as the man begins to wake. She doesn't want to startle him much so she lets him focus his mind on his own. When he ask where he was she smiles softly "it's all right you are safe here, after you help saved my people I helped heal your wounds" she moved from the bed to a table where a pitcher of water stood. She was graceful in every moment she made as she poured the water into the crystal glass and brought it back to him. "My name is Eliana what is yours sir?"

I look at you confused when you say I saved people. Reaching to scratch my head I feel the bandage and a very small amount of soreness that is dissipating. I wonder how I was wounded but nothing comes to me. It worries me slightly that I can't remember, but my mind distracts itself by watching you pour the water and hand it to me.

"Thanks." I say as I take a drink, my eyes looking at your soft features and then ears again. When you ask me for my name, my mind is unable to distract itself from such a basic question. "...I ... don't know." I gaze as my mind frantically searches for an answer. How could I not even know my name? The most basic of questions and not a single thing comes to me.

I work to calm my heart beat and I ask "What has happened to me?" I feel so very lost inside my mind, as if this is some sort of dream I'm unable to wake up from.

Eliana could see the confusion on his face very clearly and felt sorry for him. She sat on the bed again this time she reached for his hand and held it gently in hers trying to reassure him that it was going to be alright. Her purple eyes locked on his and she smiled softly "to girls were in the forest and they were attacked by slavers you saved them but not before you were injured. My gaurds found you and brought you to my palace." She hoped to trigger some memories for him but she weird she would need to creature a tonic that would restore his memories. "I can let you rest a bet maybe some sleep with help to restore what you have lost, I can bring you diner in a bit and check on you"

nightsorceress said:
Eliana could see the confusion on his face very clearly and felt sorry for him. She sat on the bed again this time she reached for his hand and held it gently in hers trying to reassure him that it was going to be alright. Her purple eyes locked on his and she smiled softly "to girls were in the forest and they were attacked by slavers you saved them but not before you were injured. My gaurds found you and brought you to my palace." She hoped to trigger some memories for him but she weird she would need to creature a tonic that would restore his memories. "I can let you rest a bet maybe some sleep with help to restore what you have lost, I can bring you diner in a bit and check on you"

As I look into you purple eyes another thing seems off to me but I can't describe it. Listening intently to what happened to me I say "I have no memory of this..."

When you suggest resting I nod "Maybe you're right... that could help." I lean back down in the bed, feeling the soft pillow on the back of my head. Watching you leave and close the door behind you, I reach up to feel my bandaged forehead, not even the slightest ache or pain anywhere.

I then feel my ears, noticing the roundness of them, much different than the long points of yours. Deciding to close my eyes, I relax into the soft bed. The stress of the evening takes me and pulls me into a deep sleep.

Fragments of dreams come to me but they seem as if they're random flashes without any cohesiveness. I see a King, Queen, and maybe Princes and Princesses. I then see people arguing over a map some with ears like yours.

Hearing the door open, I snap out of my deep sleep. I see you walking in with a servant behind you wheeling in food.

Eliana watched him settle into bed and then she rose from her spot and left him to rest. There was a guard waiting outside his door for her. "My princess how is the mortal doing will he be well enough to leave soon before your father returns." As eliana closed the door she looked at the gaurd. "His wounds are healed however his memory seem to be lost inside his head. Since he can't remember who is or where he has come from we can not send him away. If my father returns alert me right away and I will address this matter with him." With that eliana walked away from the gaurd.

She went to a room full of all sorts of herbs and she began to mix a tonic to help restore his memories if they did not come back on their own. She looked at the tonic once completed and sighed she hoped it worked. She noticed the clock on the wall and knew the servant would be up with his dinner and she quickly returned to his room just as the cart of food arrived. She entered the room as he awoke and she smiled warmly at him. "Hello, sir, any luck with your memories?"

I shake my head at your question "No, nothing yet." Getting a smell of the food as it comes closer and the servant pulls the top of the trays off. "That looks good though." I lean up, feeling much better. There isn't any soreness on my body, just my mental problems. I feel the bandage and say "Can I take this off? It feels as if there isn't even a wound there." Remembering you said I suffered a blow to the head.

The servant fills our glasses and then bows before leaving. I decide to test my rejuvenated self and sit on the edge of the bed. Feeling just fine I think after dinner I'll go for a walk, maybe get my memories back that way somehow. I look into your eyes again, then at your ears.

Eliana smiles as he sits up and begins to move "hold on a moment let me remove your bandages for you to make sure it healed as it was suppose to." Eliana moved closer to him leaning close to him she removed his bandages. As she leaned so close he would smell the delicate smell of lilacs and vinilla. She looked closely at the wound "it has completely healed come eat" she motioned to the table where his food was set. Once he was sitting at the table she took a seat across from him and set a vial in front of him. "I am sorry you did get your memories back but this should help if you drink it before you sleep tonight, it should restore what you have lost."

Your scent when you lean in close makes me feel like everything is going to be just fine. Feeling relaxed, I wish you would have stayed closer to me. I get up off the bed, glad to have the bandage off, and take a seat with you at the table.

Looking at the vial I say "I hope it works." feeling a bit skeptical but open to trying it. I sit there and take a bit of the food before saying "Eliana, tell me about yourself." I smile wanting to grab hold of any memories I can but especially wanting to learn about you.

"The tonic should work I am very good at making tonics especially ones made for healing" she reached for her glass and sipped her wine "hmmm i am not really sure what to tell you about myself other than I am elf" she paused a moment turning her head to show him her ears before her purple eyes looked at him again "my father is the king who is away at this moment so I have been left in charge of our kingdom." She took another sip of her wine "I hope by tomorrow you do have your memories back and I can ask the same question about you" she giggled a little. Although she should be more careful around this mortal she did not sense any danger.

When I hear you say you're an elf and motion to your eyes and ears I realize that's why I've been looking at them for so long. Hearing you are a Princess my eyes widen. I wasn't sure who you were. I knew you weren't a maid or servant because of how you dressed but I didn't think a Princess would personally tend to me.

"I had no idea you were a Princess, Eliana." I smile and then reply "I hope they've returned by then too." We eat and drink together and once we are finished I say "Would it be ok if we walked around?" I've been feeling pent up in this room, especially now that I'm all better with the exception of the memories.

Eliana almost laughed when he said he didn't know she was a princess, how would he have known if she hadn't told him. She enjoyed his company as they ate their meal. Once hewas finished and ask to walk around she nodded. "Yes you are welcome to explore as you wish. When you return to your room I will make sure some clean clothes have been laid out for you."

"Thank you... for everything." I know you did something to heal me and it clearly worked. I don't know what my exact injury was but if it knocked me out and cut my memory it must have been very bad. Perhaps bad enough to end me if left untreated.

From the way you responded to my question about walking around it sounded like you wouldn't be joining me. I'd prefer for you to be with me but I understand you are busy ruling the kingdom. Once finished I thank you again and walk down the hallway.

The architecture is beautiful, decorative marble, suits of armor that have steel looking as white as snow. I look all around at paintings of royal elves and paintings of battles. Reaching the great hall I see the royal throne, a large chair that looks like it is a living tree. The trunk seems as if it shaped itself just so a King could sit in it. I walk closer and take a look.

After that I walk outside, feeling the gentle cool breeze as I walk along the patio. I see a few other elves all have pointed ears and different shades of purple eyes. I smile and nod to them before seeing the royal garden. I walk down into it looking at all the different flowers in bloom and trees.

Eliana left the tonic on the nightstand by the bed she hoped he remembered to drink it when he went to sleep then she left the room. As walked down the hall she instructed a servant that was passing by to lay out fresh clothes and night clothes for their guest as well as clean up from their meal. She then headed to her fathers office. She need to keep an eye on things while her father was gone however she found it very boring she would rather be practicing archery or visiting with her guest but she was stuck behind a wooden desk reading over papers from the day.

Walking through the garden takes a great deal of time. Not only is it massive but it seems to be shaped like a labyrinth. If I didn't know the sun was opposite the palace I might have become lost in it.

By the time I reach the palace the sun has nearly set. I yawn, tired from my mini-adventure. Heading to my room I see the clothes there and put them on the chair for tomorrow morning.

After bathing, I take the tonic and head to bed. Dreams soon take me and again I see a family of royal humans, then elves and humans arguing over the same map.

When I wake in the morning it feels like I've had the dream a hundred times.

Eliana remained at her fathers desk for most of the night, she fell a sleep looking over documents. It was not until she heard birds singing outside that she finally awoke. She sighed as she noticed where she had fallen a sleep. She rose from the desk and went to her room. She bathed and changed her clothes and then went to check on her guest, hoping very much he would remember his past as well as his name. She made her way down the hall and to his room and knocked on the door.

Back
Top Bottom