Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Art Miracle (Gaceful_Pain x Style)

Everyday I went through the same routine, wake up, get ready, go to school, then go home. Every day it was always the same, nothing ever changed...until today. Fourth period. Art 3. Everyone in here was really good at art and was nice, but I didn't talk to anyone anyways. Four rows of tables and the three in front of me were filled with students, the row I sat in? Empty. I liked it better this way, it was easier to concentrate without the constant chatter of someone in my ear. "Carson" No one ever bothered me back here so I was left to my own devices, even the teacher rarely talked to me only because she didn't need to. "Carson!" Everyone had their own style of drawing and for me it was more realistic designs that look like they could be tattoos. "Carson Weakley!"

The loud snap of the teacher calling my name shocked me. I looked up quickly to see her and everyone else looking in my direction, I hadn't even noticed I had been zoning out, I normally always focus here. My pale cheeks began to turn to a light pink as I lowered my head ever so slightly to allow my oddly colored hair to fall in front of my face to block my view of my peers as the teacher cleared her throat. "Well then, now that I have everyones attention...we will be moving onto the next big project for the new year. You will partner up with one other person and create something original, there is no need to rush since this won't be due until the Friday we return from break. I have already paired you up and have your partners up on the board." She said before sitting down and allowing the flow of students to see the paper on the board to find their partner.

I was the only one who didn't get up, she knew I liked to work alone so I knew she wouldn't put me with anyone, besides I didn't get along with any of the people in this class...everyone was different in their own right but to them, I was too different. I placed my chin in my hand and sighed quietly watching the others as they began to work on ideas for what they would do. I closed my eyes slowly, I would come up with something at some point but now it was too loud to think.

I sighed as the calm uproar of 25 or 30 voices began following the teacher's instructions. This class was so stupid I thought, still spiteful that the school required at least one "arts" class in order to graduate. I'd only chosen this because I assumed creative writing would be full of tools. Now, though, I wasn't so sure it had been the best call. At least half the people in this class were weird...at best. I had hoped it would be an easy A- all the better for my already impressive transcript- but I was annoyed and bored already.

Trudging to the front of the class, I adjusted my perfectly starched collar as I searched for my name on the board. Todd and.... What? That punk chick? Oh cmon this had to be some sort of a joke! I turned to where I recalled she sat. There she was, head in her arm, weirdly colored hair askew. Great, just great. I didn't even like talking to freaks, let alone having to work with them. She was probably a total burnout too, smoking with the other losers behind school after class. Or so I guessed. I didn't know her in the least. Nor had I cared to. Ah well.

"Uh...hey. I'm Todd. I guess we have to do this stupid project together."

For at least a minute I didn't look up, I could hear the voice, louder than the others but I was still sure he wasn't talking to me. Finally I looked up enough to see his perfectly clean shirt and frowned. I lifted my head up slowly and narrowed my dull green eyes at him "Um....no." I said simply and rose to my feet. He was joking right? I walked around the table and up to the board and sure enough...Todd and Carson paired up for the project.

With a frustrated groaned I pinched the bridge of my nose and glanced towards the teacher who simply flashed me a smile as I stalked back to my table where Todd was still at "Alright pretty boy I highly doubt you would have any good ideas for this or supplies outside of school so I'll probably have to do everything...won't I?" I asked flatly as I place my hands on my hips frustratedly

I watched as the girl put her hands on her hips. She was more shapely than I had previously noticed, which stood to reason because I'd barely noticed her at all before this stupid class. "Uh, no, I have neither" I replied defensively. Who did Punky Brewster here think she was anyway?

"I'm only in this stupid class to meet that arts credit requirement" I continued, turning my nose up slightly and without realizing it. "But I can tell you take it more seriously." I bet it's all you're any good at anyway, you burnout...I thought to myself. "Look, I'll make you a deal...you do the lion's share of work on this stupid thing- including coming up with an idea- and I won't be too much of a dick about things. I might even help where I can." He paused. "I'd offer more, but I'm not sure how much use I could be, anyway." He didn't mean it to sound conciliatory, it was just a statement of fact.

My full green eyes narrowed to slits at I glared at him, why did I have to be paired up with someone like him?! Slowly I place my hands on the table and lean towards him, making sure to keep my voice low so the others wouldn't start looking back here "Lets get a few things straight pretty boy," I paused to jab my finger against his chest as I continued "I don't make deals with anyone, if I do all the work only my name goes on this, and so help me god if you turn your nose up at me again I'll take your perfect little shirt here and shove it down your throat." I growl before standing up and flashing him a sweet smile "Kay?"

I tilted my head to the side ever so slightly and stared at him, daring him to make a wrong move. As I stared at him I was wondering just how this project would go, something that was going to take this long would mean the two of us meeting outside of the school and me trying not to kill him. But this wasn't a project we could do just anywhere, we needed room and quiet so my house was out of the question especially in its current state. I wasn't about to go to his house to do it either, that was like Satan willing walk into a church, not gonna happen.

I was more than a little stunned when she jabbed me in the chest, but I said nothing. I merely looked down, then back up at her. She did indeed have large, piercing green eyes. "Whatever..." I replied dismissively, unwilling to hand her even a small victory. "Hopefully you've at least, like, got some good ideas..."

There was a pause as the dull roar of conversation continued, the teacher now thoroughly disengaged from the students at her desk. "We'd probably need to work on it after school....maybe, like, the art room? It's usually unlocked, yeah?" Loathe as I was to take time away from SAT preparation or lacrosse practice, I certainly wasn't going to advocate either of us visiting the other's residence. Noooo way...

My body relaxed ever so slightly when Todd seemed to be more willing to cooperate. I looked around the room towards other kids "I can come up with something by tomorrow but we probably won't be doing a painting cause that's what everyone else is doing." I say, pointing out the fact that kids had out their sketch books and were indeed sketching out designs to paint on a canvas. I let out a sigh and sat down in my seat, running my fingers through my hair and glancing around the room.

"Yeah it's unlocked for two hours after school before the teacher leaves but we aren't going to be able to get this done with just two hours a day." I say with a frown, my fingers tapping on the desk irritably. I knew I could come up with something for the project but what? It couldn't be too easy and it couldn't be too hard and like I had said everyone else was doing paintings.

I sighed as I took the empty desk next to her. Shit, I thought. There may not be a way around this. "Well...l..." I said, beginning to doodle absentmindedly on my notebook. I sighed again. I certainly wasn't happy to be putting this out there, but I saw little other choice and frankly the sooner this endeavor was over, the better.

"My parents are rarely home," I continued without making eye contact with her. "They're both super busy high-powered business-types and they spend a lot of time abroad." I paused. "Hence why I'm able to throw so many parties" I continued smugly.

I looked towards Todd as if he had grown another head, I knew what he was suggested and he must be insane just for considering it as an option! I'd rather take the two hours and a shitty grade!! I placed my head in my hands and groaned "I am not going to some pretty boys house no matter how big this grade is." I say flatly before turning my head just enough to see him.

"I know what parties your talking about, the shitty ones where no one actually has fun." I say in a bored tone before standing up as the bell rang. I gave him a little wave as I began to leave "Meet me at the city library at six, you don't show your name isn't on the project." I called before mixing in with the flow of students and disappearing out into the hall.

Back
Top Bottom