Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

Noah did not know how long he slept, but he woke ups with light filling the room and an empty stomach. He sat up and gazed around the unfamiliar territory as his mind fought to put everything together. Slowly, each moment of the previous evening began to come back to him and he was pleased with the results. He pulled on his day old clothes and made a note to get the summoning magic done as quick as possible so that he could shower.

Dressed and ready for the day, Noah made his way downstairs. He would check the study first before moving through the rest of the large house in search of Lillian.

Lily let know sleep for as long as he wanted, he had spent a lot of time helping her and she didn't want him to be tired. As the hours ticked by she grew restless and went to the kitchen and began cooking. Filling the downstairs with wonderful smells. Even though it was later in the day she still figured breakfast was good anytime. She made home made biscuits, blue-berry muffins, sausage gravy, and corn beef hash. Once he got up she would make him any kind of eggs he wanted.

Noah had gotten half way to the study before the smell of breakfast caught his attention. His stomach rumbled in protest and he began the short trip to the kitchen. As he grew closer, the smell grew stronger. In the doorway, he paused and watched Lillian as she moved about the room. She was rather good in the kitchen. This was twice she had proved that to him.

"Good afternoon." He called from the doorway. "You've been busy." He looked over the spread that she had already cooked up and grabbed a muffin. He tore a piece off and chewed it slowly. "Mmm. That's good. Very good actually." He looked about. "Anything I can help with?"

Lillian jumped when he said good afternoon she was so wrapped up in her cooking she didn't notice him come in. "How did you sleep?" She asked as she poured him a cold glass of fresh squeezed orange juice "I am glad you like it." She smiled as she got a pan out to cook his eggs "you can help, me by telling me how you like your eggs"

"Scrambled." Noah answered and sat down at the bar so that he could watch Lillian move about the kitchen. He sipped at the drink as she worked. "Did you find anything else while I slept?" He was curious. Since she had not woken him, it could not have been anything too important if she found it.

She got a ball and the eggs and cracked them into the bowl. "I looked throught your notes, they all seem like good leads but then as i dig further they don't lead anywhere." She poured the eggs into a hot pan. As they began to cook she got a plate, placed a biscuit on it covered it in gravy and then put a large spoonful of corn beef hash on the plate. She went back to the eggs and moved them around, once nicely scrambled she added them to the plate and placed it in front of Noah. She then poured him a cup of coffee and gave it to him. "Do you need anything else?" She questioned.

"Right now? Just for you to join me." Noah smiled and kept the utensils down while he waited for Lily to join him. It would just take a couple minutes for her to whip up a couple more eggs for herself then they could eat together. "That's too bad about the leads not going anywhere. We will just have to keep looking until we find the right leads."

Lily loved the way he was cute but also strong in telling what he wanted. She made some eggs and a plate for herself and then took a seat next to him. She wasn't super hungry as she had been nibbling while she cooked but she wanted to enjoy a meal with him. "Maybe we are just looking in the wrong books I don't know but there has to be something some where." She took a bite and hope he did like what she made if he didn't she would surely make him something else

"Can we visit the place where the magic wielder started working?" Noah asked before digging in to his breakfast. "It's possible that someone missed something and now that you have rested a bit you might notice something you did not before. At the very least, it'll get you out of here for a bit." Noah took a few bites of the food. It was wonderful. "This is good. You're a talented cook."

"I can ask the council if they will let us go, they might though since I don't have a guardian and it would be dangerous but I can try." She sighed a little there where so many rules to follow it all seemed silly to her just now. She smiles though as he said he liked her cooking "thank you but my mother taught me everything I know about cooking, she was the talented one"

"You could always tell them I'm a guardian that you're considering." Noah smiled. He was still planning on taking her up on becoming her guardian. He was not yet dissuaded and if she kept cooking like this he did not think it would happen anytime soon. "Have you not been to see the location yet?"

Lily still planned to try to talk him out of becoming her guardian, but she didn't want to start that argument now. When if she had been to the location yet she bit her lip. "Not since the day my parents were killed there" she looked at him a moment and then took a sip of her coffee

Noah frowned at her admission. So that's what had happened. He hated to press further, but he felt he needed to. "What happened to them? I hate to ask, but it's something that could be important to what's happening now."

Lily knew he was flick to ask that question at some point and she knew she was going to have to answer it even though part of her didn't want to. She drew a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "It was the night of my birthday my parents knew how much I loved musicals and surprised me and took me to one as my present. It was after the show we were walking home when a group of dark witch came after us. My mother and father did what they could but they were to many of them. I was knocked out at one point and when I came too I was tied up and we were I front of the archive" she looked down she couldn't look up as she remembered the next part tear already falling from her eyes.

"I could hear a man yelling at my mother to open it but she kept refusing, I could see my father struggling against his ropes to get to my mother but he was to late the man yelling at her became so angry he had slit her throat. I remember seeing so much of her blood covering the floor." She had to pause to refocus her mind a moment.

"It was after that the man approached my father, he told my father because my mother could not give him what he wanted that he was going to make me open it. That's when my father was able to break through his bindings, I thought he would use his magic to get us out of there but I was wrong. He told me he loved me and then pressed into his chest and ripped out his own heart crashing it to dust. Suddenly over 200 witches were there with us. They quickly over took the dark witches and saved me. It wasn't till after that I understood what my father had done. By reaching inside his own chest and crushing his heart he summoned all those witch in that moment to where we were. Every witch can do it if they truly need to protect something that precious to them, they make the ultimate sacrifice" her voice broke she couldn't say any more she couldn't look at him she just looked down at her lap and let the tears fall.

Noah frowned to himself as he listened to her story. He even touch his chest a bit when she began to explain what her father had done. That was terrible. What was hidden there that was so important that these people would sacrifice a family in the pursuit of getting to it?

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all that." Noah had set his knife and fork down. He was no longer very hungry. That sort of story seemed to take it out of him. He reached out and took her hand in his own and gave it a strong squeeze. "Come here." Noah opened his arms to her.

Lily tried to stop her tears but she couldn't she remembered it all like it yesterday and talking about it brought all those imagines to her mind. When he called her to him she paused a moment and then moved to him pressing her face against his chest and wrapping her arms around his waist. For the first time in a long time she didn't feel alone.

Noah wrapped his arms around Lily and pulled her to him. He let her cry. It did not seem that she had ever properly grieved for her loss and he was more than willing to help her grieve now. He did not speak or try to push her away. Instead, he simply held her and allowed her to cry herself out.

Lily didn't know if she would ever get over the lost of her parents. Not when she felt like the cause of it if they hadn't gone out for her birthday they wouldn't have taken her family, or lily would have been stronger she could have fought wither father and he wouldn't have needed to die to protect her. It took a moment for her to collect herself and she slowly lifted her face from his chest. "do understand now I don't want you to be my guardian, why I can't let anyone, I can't watch another person I just don't think I am strong enough to live through it again"

"I do understand." Noah said softly. He reached up and gently brushed her hair from her face. He smiled softly. "But that will not be our fate. I do not plan to die and will see you live to an old, wrinkled age. That is... if you do wrinkle. Who knows with magic."

Noah wiped the tears from her cheek. "We are going to get through this. We are going to figure out the mystery and we are going to take care of ourselves and see it through to the end. I promise."

"What if you are put into situation like my father was where there really wasn't a choice or option" she looked him the eyes. There was something new in her eyes that she might have realized, love shown them. With each moment she was falling more and more in love with him. Witch had a better sense about love then mortals, witch often knew their soul mates which resulted in very few divorces.

Noah gave himself a soft headshake. "We will not find ourselves in that situation, but if we do, we will find a way out of it where we both get out safe and alive." He locked eyes with hers even though he did not quite recognize the light that shown in them for what it was, he did realize the fondness that he could see in them.

"We are going to get through this. Together." He reiterated and actually leaned in to place a soft kiss on her forehead before giving her a gentle hug. It was much different from what he had done the night before, but it was much more intimate, more caring.

She didn't know how to argue with him about it any more. He was so sure of himself, maybe he was right. She didn't know what to do anymore. She closed her eyes as she felt his warm lips against her forehead. She then looked at him "alright, on one condition that if we both are in trouble you don't give your life for mine, let me die if it comes down to it."

Noah did not know that he could agree to her terms there. "I'm not looking to sacrifice myself, Lily, but I can't say that I won't trade myself for you if you're in danger." He shrugged gently, "What I can promise is that I won't go into a situation like that without having a plan to get out. I have no intention of letting you be taken or me being taken from you." He ran his fingers through her hair. "I'm going to do everything I can to ensure we're both okay. That I promise."

She closed her eyes as she felt his fingers run through her hair. When time touched no matter what the touch it felt good. She opened her eyes again hitting her lip slightly. "It does not sound like I am ever going to talk you out of this, am i?" She tried not to think about the negative so much after all not all her family was killed because they were guardians "I am however going to kick my uncles ass for ever bring it up to you"

"No, probably not." Noah agreed and smiled. "I'm going to protect you as best I can. Guardian or not, it's still going to happen, but coming on as your Guardian would give us more opportunities." Noah put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back softly so he could look at her. "Something to remember, fight the battles you can win. Kicking your uncle's ass is a winnable battle."

Back
Top Bottom