Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

"I would talk to her soon the council is pushing for her to have a guardian after the attack I do feel that is you." Liam stood up and stretched "I think you can handle her I don't think I need to stick around " he smiled and then gave a lab his card "you can call me if you need anything." He then left Noah in the library and headed back out the front door

Despite not knowing quite what to make of Liam, Noah followed to the door and made sure it was locked before moving back to the study to pour over the books for another couple hours.

It was early in the morning when Noah closed the last journal he was going to do in this stint and looked towards the door. Somewhere in this house, Lillian was asleep. It had been a good six hours and she would be upset if he let her sleep too much longer. The man who would be guardian left the table in search of his instructor.

Lillian was on the second floor. Her room was larger than most master suites. It held her decorative king sized sleigh bed and matching dressers and vanity. A large closet through one door and bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub. She left the door cracked open in case Noah needed her. Her body was so tired that she slept deeply.

Noah explored the second floor quietly. He was certain that the door at the end of the hall belonged to Lillian and approached slowly. He paused at the door. Could magic users use magic in their sleep? If he surprised her, would she curse him?

Noah slowly opened the door and glanced around the room. His eyes had to adjust to the darkness, but he soon was able to make out most of the furniture and Lillian's sleeping form.

"Lillian." Noah called softly as he approached the bed. He did not wish to wake her too suddenly. "Lillian, get on up. We've got stuff to do and things to talk about." He called again and reached to touch her shoulder.

Lillian mumbled a bit when he called her name but she remained sleeping. When he touched her shoulder her purple eyes slowly opened. It took her moment to focus and realize Noah was in there when she saw Noah her mind remembered that he was looking through books trying to help her. She sat up "did you find anything?"

Noah fought the urge to mentione how she looked first laying in her bed then sitting up and looking at him still half asleep. He lost that battle. "You know, you're rather cute when you're looking at me while half asleep." He chuckled, but moved on "I found a few things, but nothing too exciting. There were a few references that I marked for you to check up on, but that's not why I'm here to wake you. It's been just over six hours since you came up to sleep and I just had a most interesting discussion with a friend of yours. Liam stopped by to check on you. That's part of why we should talk, so come on. Get up, get dressed, and meet me back in your library."

Noah stepped back from the bed and shot her a smile and a wink before turning away towards the door.

Lillian's cheek turned red at him called her cute. She couldn't atop herself she tried to focus on the rest of what he said. While listening she out of habit brought her hand up to her eye to rub it gently waking herself up more. "My uncle stopped probably just worried." She yawned and then got out of bed as he made his way to the door she smiled back at him as she walked I to the bathroom. She took a very fast shower more to just wake herself up more than anything else. She then changed into her skinny jeans a black top before heading back downstairs to the library.

She noticed right away that the whiskey glasses were out so she was sure Liam did stop by. She smiled at Noah "so what did we have to talk about."

By the time Lillian had made her way down to the library, Noah had restacked the books he had gone through on one side of the table so they would not be looked through again by accident. He was finishing the last diary when she voiced her question.

"Oh, we just had a quick chat." Noah said in an off hand manner. "He wants me to talk to you about becoming your guardian."

Noah knew it was a big subject. One that they would need to discuss. At length probably, but he did not see any reason to be overly serious about it.

"I told him I would consider it, but wanted to hear your thoughts on it before agreeing to anything." Noah turned the page in his book.

Lily was impressed with how many books he had gotten through. She hope learning some of these things also would help him learn his magic better. Lily took a seat across from him as he spoke but what he said nearly knocks the air right from her. Her turned paler and she shook her head "no I will not let anyone else did for me again, especially not some I care about like you Noah. I can't and I won't but any up for that."

Noah did not immediately respond to her words. He did let out a short 'hmmm' at her response. Some of what Liam said was starting to become clear. "Liam seemed pretty adimant that I was the right magician for the job." Noah explained, "But he also seemed to know that you would not go easily into the situation." Noah looked her in the eyes. "Knowing what I already know and how important you could be to our survival, I will be protecting you anyway." It was a statement of fact. "But, before we stop debating, why don't you want me to be your guardian? What has happened that you would hate the idea so?"

"Because I can't watch another person put there life at risk for mine, I can't let someone else die for me." She looked down tears now slipping from her eyes "Liam is right you would make a great guardian and that fact scares me, because you would put your life at risk for mine and not even think twice about it. I care about you Noah, I care about you a lot, I don't know know what I would do if something happen to you." Although she did not come right out and say it lily was starting to have romantic feelings for Noah she knew she shouldn't but spending so much time with training him she couldn't help it.

Noah listened to her quietly and frowned at the tears that were flowing freely now. He stood up from the table and walked towards where she was seated. He went to a knee and grabbed her hand in it and gave it a strong squeeze. He could see how worried she was and could see how this was tearing at her. "Listen to me, Lillian." Noah said softly. "I want to help you with this as best I can and if protecting you is how to do it then that's it. I don't plan on getting myself killed. I'm stronger than you think." He smiled softly to encourage her. "Liam made it sound like I would have access to more information on magic or new training to assist as a guardian. Is that true?"

"I know your strong I knew it from the moment I meet you that's not the reason why you shouldn't do this." Tears still feel from her eyes as he held her hand he could feel it trembling. "Yes what my uncle said its true there are ways the council could give you the knowledge and the power you would have learned with me. But why Noah why would you want to do this I don't understand"

"Because, you're important. To the world, to the council, and most important to me." He smiled. "We haven't known each other for very long, but you're really one of the most important people in my life." Noah looked back up at her and did not flinch away from her tears. "And I will protect those that I treasure." Noah pressed a soft kiss to the back of her hand. "And I do treasure you. Now, let me protect you, Lillian."

She was shocked at his statement that she was important to him, he was certainly important to her but she never thought he would feel the same. She didn't know what to do she did not want to see him get hurt. "If you do this it means giving up your apartment and moving in here, why don't you stay here for a few days to see if you want to do that" plus that gave her more time to talk him out of it.

"I..." Noah paused, "Yes, okay, but don't be horrid on purpose just to chase me out." That was a good compromise. He did not know if she would be successful in changing his mind, but he knew that she was going to try her best to do it. "First thing in the morning... well, later in the morning I'll run out and grab a few things for a longer stay."

Noah let her hand go. He was surprised by how much he hated to do it, but he did let it fall back to her side. No straightened back up and looked down at Lillian. "It's quite early in the morning." He smiled. "I could do with some rest. Mind if I crash on the couch here for a few hours?"

Lily didn't argue about changing his mind she was going to try no matter what he said. She was sad when he let go of her hand it felt so good to her but she didn't say anything out loud. "I would mind if crashed on the couch" she paused and then smiled a bit "I have a dozen empty bedroom that are more comfortable then my old couch. And if you like we can use a bit of magic to bring some of your clothes and other items over here so you can just rest for a bit not have to worry about running off"

"That... that sounds like a wonderful plan." Noah admitted and stifled a yawn. He stretched a bit to get the blood flowing back through his body. "But I tell you what. We can perform that bit of magic in the morning when I'm awake. That way I don't have my clothes dancing around my room Sorcerer's Apprentice style." Noah twisted his back a bit as if stretching again and a popping sound could be heard. "Ah... Now, where do you want me, Lily?" He smiled. "I'll sleep wherever you want me to."

Noah knew exactly what that sounded like. He was not completely socially inept and reading people was a part of learning to be a magician. All the greats could do it and while he had never reached stardom, he could certainly handle the basics of a cold read and right now he knew that something was building between the two of them and he was not at all upset by it. She was an attractive woman. Intelligent and talented to boot. There was no reason he could think of not to pursue her at some point.

Lily laughed about his concern for his clothes dancing "have a little more faith in your Magic." She then stopped her laughing when he asked her where she wanted him to sleep. A thought came to mind right away, her bed, but she quickly pushed that from her mind. She wasn't sure how he felt about her, plus she would never be that forward. "Come on I will show you a room fair you don't like it there are others" she smiled. She lead him back upstairs and down the hall. She opened a door that was directly across from her room, fashioned the same way as hers with large bed, and bathroom.

"I have faith in mine." Noah countered. "I'm just not putting it past you to play a prank of some sort on me while I'm asleep."

When he was directed to his new living quarters, Noah stepped inside and looked around the spacious room. It was almost as big as his apartment. Living in the city had its perks, but large living areas for cheap was not one of them. This though... was on a whole other level. Noah turned back to Lily. "This is very generous of you. Thank you." He glanced past her towards her room where the door was a bit ajar. "Very close to yours to. A short walk if you ever have need of me in the night." Again with the innuendo. Noah stepped closer to her now that he had a place to sleep. He invaded Lily's personal space and wrapped his arms around her slender waist. He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "I'm serious about how important you are to me. My reasons for protecting you aren't completely unselfish." he spoke softly and his breath tickled her ear due to his closeness.

She was glad he liked the room and she wasn't suprised he picked up in the fact it was right a cross from hers, in fact she hoped he noticed. She was about to say something when suddenly she felt his strong arms go around her. Her knees almost buckled she couldn't hardly believe it, this was more than just a friendly embrace of thanks. A shiver went down her spine as she felt his lips touch her cheek and his breath against her ear. She looked him in the eyes now so very close. "Your important to me as well." She said softly. Lily had practically no experience with romance. She had been on a few dates before but there was never really any attraction or connection, with Noah however she suddenly felt like a million butterflies now we're fluttering inside her stomach.

"Good." Noah pulled back just enough so that there was a gap between the two of them. Not much, but enough. His eyes danced with some emotion that she had never seen on his face before as he leaned closer once more and pressed his lips to hers. It was not a rough kiss or overtly passionate, but it was filled with emotion. His whole world focused on the feeling of her lips against his. It was electric and he could feel his heart racing. After what felt like forever, but had only been a few moments, he pulled back. "Goodnight, Lillian."

Lily kissed him sending the same emotions back to him, or at least she hoped. She never had kissed someone like this before. She had only kissed guys goodnight after a lack luster date. This was different, this was something she never thought she would ever experience. And then he said goodnight. She knew he was tired but she also knew what she was feeling. "Good night" she said softly before giving him a kiss on the cheek. She then in wantingly started moving to the door. "Do you need anything?"

Noah watched as she moved back towards the door and when she paused, he looked on curiously. At her question, he smiled and winked. "Yes, but I should wait." The meaning behind his words was not suble. "Goodnight. If you need anything, come and wake me."

He moved to the bed to check it. It was soft. Comfortable. He could already see that he was going to like it here. As he once again glanced at the door, he knew that he would be enjoying it for many reasons. A good bed was just one of them. Noah stripped down to just his jeans and slipped into the bed. It did not take him long to fall asleep.

Lily blushed a bit and the slipped from the room. She closed the door behind her but just stood there a moment she couldn't believe this was all happening. She glanced at the door again before moving down the hall and back downstairs. She was still so excited from everything that just happen. She couldn't think of nothing else except for Noah even though she knew she should focus her mind on more important things.

Back
Top Bottom