Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

Lily smiled "bet you can tell I have never been here before" she took a sip from her mug.

"What are you two doing here" Liam came up to the table before kissing his niece on the cheek and shaking Noah's hand "are you here to sing tonight Lily"

Lily blushed "no we were just out at the fair and the decided to come here before heading home"

Noah nodded along with what she explained, though when Liam asked about her singing, Noah looked intrigued, but did not push Lily for an answer. If he was that curious, he could ask her about it later in private.

"Turns out that a bit of fun in life makes things a bit better for everyone involved." Noah winked at Lily. "Did you know your niece is an ace shot with a water pistol?"

Liam laughed "I am not suprised this girl accuracy with her magic his hard to beat so I wouldn't be surprised she would good with a pistol, maybe you two should go out shoot"

"I think I am good I don't need a gun" she shook her head at her uncle. Just then a waitress appear with another round of beers for each and a cheese and cracker plate filled with strong Irish cheeses.

"Erin bring a round of whiskey for us as well, the good stuff" Liam said to the waitress who disappeared for a short time then came back with whiskey for the lot

"Are there many ways to magically stop a gun from firing or stop a bullet mid flight?" Noah asked. He was clearly intrigued by the line of thought. He owned a gun, but rarely carried it and certainly had not brought it in Lily's household. It was stashed at his apartment.

Noah sipped at his beer and tried a bit of the cheese and crackers. It was much stronger than what he was accustomed to, but he liked it.

Figuring that the band would hide their discussion if need be, he pressed on. "How do people like the council feel about non-magical weapons?"

"Of course magic can stop a bullet but, can the witch, now there is the real question. Takes focus and timing a lot of young witches don't have that" Liam explained as he took a bit of cheese.

Lily sipped her whiskey and nibble her cheese "the council does not care if you use weapons as long as your not super charging them with magic"

"Do you hunt Noah, if so your welcome to come out with me and a few friends" Liam questioned

"No, I can't say that I ever have. I'm not opposed to hunting at all, just never really saw the need." He paused, "Nor do I own a rifle. Just my pistol." Noah sipped at his drink as he considered his options. He would start carrying it again. Go to the range and brush up on everything. It would just be one other weapon in his arsenal to protect Lily.

"What about bladed weapons?" Noah questioned. "I'm a pretty deft hand with a sword. I learned it early on when I first started learning slight of hand and close up magic. The guy I was working under would only teach me if I helped with his shows. That's where I picked it up."

"Sure you can go to the supermarket and pick up meat but you can't really buy venison or wild turkey or boar, and if you find a few places to sell you pay big money for it" Liam explained "I will bring you hunting some time don't worry about a rifle I have plenty"

"I didn't know you could use a sword, maybe you can show me sometimes" lily smiled

"So Noah seemed like you are making plans for the future does this mean your staying and perhaps be Lily's guiridan?" Lima asked. As he took a sip of his whiskey

"We've discussed it." Discussed seemed like a bit of a light term for it. It had been more of a debate, but there was no need to put it that way. Not in polite conversation. "Yes, I'm going to take over as her Guardian as soon as we speak to the Counsel to get it approved."

After answering Liam's question, Noah turned to Lily. "I'd be happy to show you a few things about swords. They're good for more than just decoration after all." Noah could not explain it, but he knew for a certainty that there was something magical that could only be killed by a sword. Surely, with all the wonder of magic, there had to be something like that. "I have a couple training blades we can use."

Liam could tell by the look in Lily's eyes she was worried still about Noah being a guardian Liam reached out across the table and grabbed her hand "if he is keeping you safe Lillian I will make sure he stays safe"

She smiled a moment "can you gentlemen excuse me" lily then slipped from the table.

"She has feelings for you, I hope you know that, I have never seen her look at anyone the way she looks at you, and I haven't seen that sparkle in her eye since before her parents died. I thought it was lost forever." he said to Noah he was now very serious "I am asking you this flat out if you don't feel the same for her you need to leave now, she can't handle getting her heart broken not when she has hardly put it back together from her parents"

Noah did not look at Liam as the man spoke. He was too busy following Lily with his eyes as she moved through the restaurant. He was effectively on duty, even if he had not been officially sanctioned by the Counsel just yet. When Liam had finished his warning, Noah nodded and looked towards Liam. Lily had disappeared into a separate room. He could see it out of the corner of his eye as he looked to Liam.

"I am not unaware of how she feels." Noah agreed. "It was something I noticed when I first met her. She had been watching me for days at that point in an attempt to determine how much of what I was doing was real and how much was fake." He did not need the explanation, but Noah felt it was deserved. "I can't say what it is exactly that I feel for her, but I do feel it deeply and it was just as fast." Noah chuckled. "I don't normally follow or trust so easily as I do with her. She puts me at ease in a way I've never experienced."

It was not the concrete 'yes' or 'no' that Liam wanted, but feelings rarely came in such black and white ways.

Liam thought over what Noah had said, it made logical sense and he knew that, even though he understood as her uncle he wanted a more straight forward answer. But he knew maters of the heart were never straight forward. "Just don't hurt her...please" Liam said softly and gently, there was a pleading in his eyes as he looked into Noah's hoping he understood.

"I don't think I ever could." Noah answered back as he looked into Liam's eyes. That, at least, had been a straight forward answer. Noah honestly could not see himself hurting Lily at any point. He would just as soon hurt himself first. "She's not just important, she's important to me. I will keep her safe and if I can, happy." Noah sipped at his drink again to wet his throat. He glanced towards the door that Lily had moved through. "No offense, but just how safe is this pub?" Noah questioned.

At that Liam raised his glass to Noah "that's all I ask" he then took a swing of his drink and the laughed "it is very safe there are more witches here than there are mortals, and most have known Lillian since she was a little girl."

As they were talking laughter and cheering could be heard from the room Lily was in. Music was playing and man was singing "Galway girl" it was then that Lily appeared back in the room followed by the guy with the guitar and he was sing chasing Lily right up on stag with the rest of the band.

"Seems like Lily is sing tonight Matt made sure of that" Liam laughed and turned his chair to face the stage.

Matt ended his song and Lily stood on stag blushing a bit "Matt you are wicked I should have know. Not to come to the pub tonight." Lily exclaimed the pub going cheered her and the music started again. Lily and Matt began to sing "Raggle Taggle gypsy" her voice was beautiful and she looked like she was have fun

Noah had never heard the song before and even now, he could never replicate a part of what he heard as he was focused solely on Lily. She was beautiful, that was not a new thought to him. Each time he had seen her at his show, he had seen her beauty, but there was something much more human now that only served to enhance her beauty. As the song went on, the guitar seemed to fall away and it seemed like he could only hear here now. Even the crowded pub fell away until it was just the two of them.

Was she putting a spell on him?

If she was, he did not care.

It was not until the song ended that the world around him came back into focus and the roar of the crowd came back to him.

Lily took a bow after the song and then slipped from the stage back to her table. Not before the pub booed her not because she was bad but because they wanted more "sorry guys night tonight" she said loudly as she sat back down with Noah and her uncle. Her cheeks were still red from blushing "sorry about that Noah I didnt mean to get suckered up there and ruin our night."

"I'd hardly say that you've ruined the night." Noah chuckled. "Quite the contrary. I had no idea you were so very talented." Noah set his mug down and smiled broadly. He pushed her drink to her so she could hide the blush a bit. "What other talents are you hiding from me, Lily?" He teased and tried to figure out just what else she could do.

Lily took a sip of her drink and then shook her head "no I dont"

"Bull shit Lily your father and I didn't spend hours teaching you how to play the fiddle or your mother didn't teach you play the piano for you to say you don't have any other takents." Liam looking at lily "and don't let her fool you Noah she is very good at both."

All lily could is blush more

Noah smiled into his ale as he took another drink. "And here I thought I had it good 'cause I could solve a Rubik's cube in a minute." He glanced at Lily. "You'll have to play for me sometime back at your home when there's not such an audience." Perhaps that would put her a bit more at ease about her abilities. "Speaking of your home, we should probably head back soon." The ale had not hit Noah very hard, but he knew that if he continued on drinking it would be a bad time getting home and he did not trust himself to teleport while tipsy.

Liam rose from his chair hugged lily then he reached out his hand to Noah "you both come back soon" Lily took Noah's hand and lead him from the pub "I had fun today thank you for that" she said softly as they made it back to the car

"I'm sure we'll be back sooner rather than later." Noah agreed and walked with Lily through the pub and out into the cool night air. "I had a lot of fun too." Noah smiled as he let her into the car before moving over to the driver side. He cranked the car and pulled away. "Liam is a good man and runs a good pub."

The trip back was rather easy as it had grown into the evening. Traffic was light and they made it there faster than anticipated. "Home sweet home." Noah pulled back into the garage and shut the car off. "Let's head on inside." Noah moved about to open her door for her. "Come on then, beautiful."

Lily was happy that Noah liked her uncle he was the only family she had left she didn't know what she would do if Noah didn't like him. It was a busy day and lily was now excited to head home and just relax, As they pulled back into the garage she smiled a bit. Lily got out of the car and kissed his cheek as a thank you for opening her door as she opened the door to the house. She through her house keys on the table and turned to Noah she wasn't sure what to do now.

Noah smiled as he walked in behind her. When she turned to him with a lost look in her eyes, he simply smiled. "I've been waiting all night to do something." He gave her little warning as he crossed the short distance between the two of them and wrapped his arms around her slender waist. He drew her to him with his strong arms and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was demanding and driven by desire. For Noah, the world began to fall away from around them as he lost himself in the kiss.

She was at first a little confused by what he said and then suddenly she was in his arms. His lips pressed firmly to hers. He took control and she liked it. She melt into his kiss and into his arms. Her body was pressed tightly to his and her lips moved to kiss him back.

Noah smiled into the kiss when he felt her react to him. As she pressed her body into his, he could not help but groan in appreciation. Even through two layers of clothes, he could feel her curves pressed against him. After a long moment, he broke the kiss and looked into her eyes. The passion, adoration, and lust were clearly visible in his own eyes.

"I want you, Lily. I need you." He insisted and allowed his hands to roam lower on her body so that he groped her ass through her jeans. "In so many ways."

As he grabbed her ass it sent a shiver down her spine. Although she was still a virgin her body knew what she wanted, her eyes shown clearly to him her hunger and her need.she leaned closer to him standing she kissed his lips gentle "if claim my body as yours it will seal your fate as my gauridan, my partner, we will be one, if you want to be" she then pressed her chest against his and stood on her tip toes leaning close to his ear "I want you to claim me as yours." She whispered softly into his ear and the kissed his neck gently waiting for his choice.

Back
Top Bottom