Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

Noah could not find the breath to agree with her comment as he let out a yell of happiness as it spun round and round and round. Finally, after a few minutes of screaming and yelling, it slowed to a stop and one by one, the cages rotated around to let everyone off. When it came to them, Noah stepped out on somewhat shaky legs and helped Lily down after him.

"Fun sometimes." He said after they had a moment to steady themselves. Noah looked about for a moment. "There, it's a much slower ride." He pointed to the ferris wheel in the distances. "Let's try that one to calm down a bit."

Lily kept her face pressed tight against him the entire ride it wasn't until the ride slowed that she finally lifted her face from him. As they got off the ride her legs felt weak and she sort of tumbled into Noah. She blushed a little as she moved away. "Sorry." She then looked to where he pointed to and saw the Ferris wheel. "Yes that looks to be a ride that is more my speed" she laughed.

Noah had thought as much. He wrapped an arm around her waist and started towards the Ferris wheel. The line for it was rather long, so they had a few minutes to wait. While they waited, nearby there was a man in a red and white stripped shirt and white pants. On a small table in front of him were three cards.

"Step right up, find the lady and win a prize." He called out before catching Noah's eye.

"Sir, you already have a lady, but find another and you'll win yours a prize."

Noah raised his eyes in surprise at being targeted before leaning over to whisper in Lily's ear. "He's going to try and hustle us, let's give it a try."

Noah stepped out of the line and pulled a fresh, smooth five dollar bill from his pocket and passed it over. "Okay, so how does this game work?"

"There's one queen and two kings." The dealer explained and flashed the cards as one. "You find the queen and you'll win a prize. Want a practice round to warm up?" Noah nodded, so the man did a slow shuffle to move the cards around. Noah was kept a watch on the cards, but did not seem to be paying too much attention. After the dealer stopped, Noah smiled.

"That's easy. The one in the middle."

The dealer nodded and flipped the card. "That's right! Ready for the real test?"

Noah nodded again and the dealer began to move the cards much, much faster.

Although their first ride was scary lily was having a lot of fun already. She put her arm around his waist as they stood in line for the Ferris wheel. She really didn't pay attention to the man calling out to them but he seemed to catch Noah's attention. She was about to tell him it was a waste of time however she then remebered he was magician so he knew it was a trick.

Lily stood next to him watching the young man shuffle the cards and Noah picking the right one. She knew that was the set up but she wanted to see what Noah would do with the real thing.

Noah watched the man shuffle back and forth. After the first few passes, he realized that the man was doing a classic shuffle. At one point, he stacked one card on top of the other to give the illusion that he was shuffling a certain way. After the man stopped, Noah reached out and flipped the card on the right over to reveal the queen underneath. "Excellent guess, double or nothing?" The man asked and forced a smile. It was obvious that most people did not catch the shuffle.

"Sure, if I win, I'll get two prizes then?" Noah asked and glanced up at the stuffed animals behind the man. "Deal."

Again, the cards were dealt out fast. Noah gave them his full attention and caught the first trick, then the second, then the third. When everything stopped, he flipped over the center card to reveal the queen. Regardless of how sophisticated the shuffle was, once the tricks were known, anyone could keep up with it. "Go ahead and pick out our prizes, Lily. I'm sure there's something cute in there you like."

The carnival worker nodded. "That's right, pick them out. Congratulations, that's the first win tonight!"

Noah chuckled, "If you ever want to leave the carnival, I know a guy who might be interested in seeing what you can do." A business card appeared between Noah's fingers. He passed it along. "Give him a call, let him know that Noah sent you and you'll get an immediate audition. It'll be worth your time to check it out."

Lily watched as Noah won the game twice she giggled a bit as she knew he knew what was going on. She picked out a stuff dog and the classic bear and the laughed as they walked away from the table. "That was mean, poor kid thought he had a good hustle on his hands." She kissed Noah cheek "thanks for winning these however"

"He does have a good hustle." Noah corrected and smiled at the kiss from Lily. It was good that she was getting more comfortable with him. Her initiating it showed a level that he had not thought they were at yet. "That's why I gave him the business card for my old manager. Kid could go far. He's got good handskills and okay charisma. Given real instruction, he could be big."

They rejoined the line to the ferris wheel and soon were front and center. When it was their turn, Noah led Lily forward into the compartment and passed over enough tickets that it would just be the two of them in there. "Ready?" He asked as the door closed and the large machine rotated around for the next passengers. "I bet the view is amazing."

"The kid may be good but no where close to as good as you are, I should know I probably seen your show more than anyone else." She smiled as they got back in line, the line seemed to move more quickly now. Before she knew it she was climbing In to the cage. She took a seat next to him and held his hand not out of fear but because she wanted to. "Hopefully we get stuck at the top for a moment so we can see the view"

After a few minutes longer, the ride began to move. It was slow and steady as it rotated. Noah gave her hand a squeeze as the they passed over the top for the first time. It rotated back down. "This is fun." He said after a moment and gazed out at the fair as it approached slowly from the ground. When they passed by the ticketer and started on the way back up, Noah nodded past Lily. "That'll be the best view over the rest of the park. Noah scooted closer to her and let go of her hand so that he could wrap an arm around her waist. They paused at the top of the ride and the whole fair was laid out before them. "It's such a pretty night isn't it?" Noah asked and looked into her eyes.

Lily looked out over the fair as the past over the top for the first time. It was beautiful but they quickly started back down. She smiled as Noah moved closer to her and she felt his arm go around her waist. She turned to look at him as she felt his eyes on hers. She locked eyes on his. "It's the Perfect night."

"It's a wonderful night." He agreed. Noah leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. It was a slow, lingering kiss. He was in no hurry to pull away as they had the entire ride back down the ferris wheel before they were expected to part. He deepened the kiss and had just ran his tongue over her lips to seek entrance before the wheel jerked to a stop to let them out. "Now it's perfect, but maybe we should finish this later, hmm?" He asked before lacing his fingers through hers and pulling her to her feet. "Come on, let's grab some terrible carnival food before we check out a few more games."

Lily rested her hand on his thigh as she leaned in more to kiss him back. She had lost all interest in the view or the Ferris wheel, she was lost in the moment of them kissing. When his tongue sought entrance she wanted to allow it but then the ride suddenly came to an end. She sighed and got out the cage. She held his hand as they walk towards the food stands. "Later can't come soon enough" she giggled.

Noah chuckled along with her. He was looking forward to it as well, but for now there were other things to catch their attention. The food stalls were set up side by side and each was run by a different organization. He looked over everything before glancing at Lily. There was food from every type of ethnic group and quality that he could think of. "What did you want to try tonight?" he asked. The gumbo was calling to him, but he was curious about what she wanted to try.

Lily took in all the sights and smells the food stalls had to offer. It was the fried foods catching her attention. She normal ate pretty healthy and it was hard to top the smell of deep fried foods. "Hmmmm so many choice, I guess I would have to go with the classic fair food of a corn dog."

"Alright, we'll get you a corndog and I'll grab a bowl of gumbo." He grinned as something caught his eye. "Then we are both trying a fried Twinkie."

The simple fact that fried twinkies existed was enough to make him laugh, but he had never tried one and now seemed to be a perfect opportunity. It was not like the fair was around all the time. "Let's get yours first, then we can grab mine." Noah nudged her towards the corndog vendor.

"Ummm what's a Twinkie?" She felt a little embrassed that she didn't know what it was. Biting her lip as she moved with him to the corn dog line. The line was quick really only taking a few minutes to order and then moved to the gumbo stand which was not a very long line either. She waited till her got his food before eating hers.

Noah laughed a bit at the question. "You'll see. I'm not surprised you haven't had one. They're pretty much the quintessential junk food." Noah dug into his gumbo. It was absolutely delicious. "Seems like there's a lot that you haven't experienced. Cars, junk food, gumbo I'd bet... we'll just have to fix that." It would be good to get her out more often. Getting too involved in anything was a good way to lose yourself. He would not allow that to happen.

"Ha that's where you are wrong, I actually know how to male gumbo" she stuck her tongue out at him before taking a bit of her corn dog she was amazed right away "but I do need to learn to mak these" she quickly ate the whole thing

"Well then, I'm impressed. Good thing, cause I know how to make corn dogs. It's a closely guarded secret though, so maybe I'll teach you one day." He winked before finishing off his cajun stew. He gathered their trash and disposed of it before taking her hand in his once more. "What kind of games did you want to play?" He was curious about what she liked. All the games he would try would have to do with his hand eye coordination. Darts, cards, tossing apples, anything the involved his hands he could try, but he was not sure about what she would like.

"Well you better teach me how to make them or else I won't make you gumbo" she teased him. She cleaned her hands and face as he took the trash. She took his hand as they starting walking through the games. "I haven't played many carnival games before, but I remember playing when I was little the game where you had to throw the ping pong balls into the fish bowl to win a fish"

"Yeah, poor fish." Noah agreed as they walked through the game area. He stopped at one booth where targets were lined up with large water pistols. To win, you had to keep the jet of water in the middle of the target so that you meter filled up. At a certain point you would win a prize. "How about this one for starters?" He asked and set out a couple tickets so they could play. "All you have to do is fill the meter with water to win."

Lily walked with him and stopped as he stopped she looked over the game. It seemed easy enough to her since a witches life was about accuracy and hitting your mark. "This looks like fun maybe this time I will win you a prize." She laughed a bit but she did like the idea

The fair had turned out to be a big hit. Not only did they have fun together, but both of them went home with prizes. Lily HAD won her game while they had both lost at others. All told, Noah had enjoyed himself and he was certain that Lily had as well. When they left, they stashed the prizes in the car before Noah followed Lily's directions to the pub. They were parked just down the road from the establishment. They'd have to walk about a block, but that wasn't so bad.

"So tell me, how long has your Uncle run this place?" Noah asked as he slipped his arm around Lily's waist and started for the pub.

Lily was amazed at how much fun she had. It had years since she enjoyed herself at all. As they made there way to her uncles pub she leaned against him a bit as he held her waist. "After my father left Ireland to come here to be with my mom my uncle missed his brother. So he moved here and my mom bought the brothers this place, my uncle pretty much ran it though." They walked up to the building that looked as though it had been ripped from the streets of Ireland "Raglan Road" was the name of the pub "my uncle did pick the name of the bar because it was the song my father was singing at the time he and my mother met" she opened the door and entered the pub, there was an Irish band playing lively tunes and just happy people all around.

"Sounds like a cool place." Noah commented as they came to the front of the old pub. He could hear the music through the closed door and when it was opened, it blasted him. He chuckled to himself and followed Lily inside the pub. Everyone seemed happy and welcoming. How Lily could be quite so serious with a hideaway like this, Noah did not know, but he was glad that they had found it now.

They had a seat at a small table in the back and two drinks were brought out almost immediately for them.

"Can't say anything bad about the service." Noah winked at Lily before lifting his mug.

Back
Top Bottom