Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Warrior and the Sorceress (ZodiacDragon1014 and Shani)

ZodiacDragon1014

Super-Earth
Jerik wasn't quite ready to admit to himself that he was lost. The forest around him seemed to thicken with every step that he took, and already, the road that he once used to lead himself through had disappeared. He sighed heavily to himself, frustrated that his attempt to flee his past and pursue his possible new future seemed to already be in vain.

Jerik stood at about 6 feet high, average muscle mass, short, dark brown hair, and blue eyes. He was covered head to toe in thick plate armor and carried with him two long swords that looked to be custom made, as well as a custom shield shield sporting an insignia that looked to have the head of some sort of reptilian creature against a blue circle.

Jerik paused for just a moment, looking every which way that he could before settling on a direction once again.

"This had better lead me out of here..."

Lucinda lived out in the mystic woods away from the kingdom and from the people with in it. She loved to peacefulness the forest had and the privacy she had it seemed to have a calming effect on her. It gave her time to think and hone her skills.

That morning Lucinda left her peaceful camouflaged cottage to stock up on supplies. Going to the forest to gather the ingredients she needed, in a basket she carried. Lucinda was about 5'5" tall, her skin was pale and fair, the sun often blocked by the trees. Her emerald green eyes sparkled having life to them, her crimson curls cascaded down to her mid back.

As Lucinda returned home she felt the ground tremble looking around wondering if it was an earth quake until she saw the foot come down onto her house. "NO! HEY WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!! YOU'VE CRUSHED MY HOUSE!" Lucinda yelled calling up to the giant. The giant stopped an looked, "I'm sorry Lucinda I didn't see it." The giant said back, "I have to get going my wife is having the baby!" He exclaimed. "I'll help you rebuild later." He said beginning to move once more. "IT'S ALRIGHT... CONGRATULATIONS...YEAH..." She called watching him walk away. Cursing herself her house was protected by many things but she didn't think about giants stepping on it.

Lucinda gathered some of what was still good, intact, or usable and went to sit down on a large rock thinking of her next move not sure what to do needing shelter before nightfall, debating what was closer the kingdom or to go farther into the words to find a spring.

"What Am I to do now?"

Jerik had been walking now for a good long while. The forest seemed to change its thickness almost at will. It was difficult for him to tell if he was finding a way out, or if the forest itself was playing tricks on him and leading him to his own death. Jerik was no stranger to death. He had tangled with it many times before, both with his own life and others. The thought of death itself didn't frighten him. What did frighten him, was the manner in how it was carried out.

After having gotten lost in thought after just a few moments of walking, the ground beneath him began to shake. This quake shocked Jerik quickly back into reality as he immediately braced himself for the continuance of the event. As soon as he had readied himself, the event was done. He paused, listening and preparing for a possible aftershock, but instead nothing. In fact, it had sounded like something big had hit the ground not too far from his position. Always more curious than cautious, Jerik took off in the general direction.

Jerik's armor slowed his movements, but despite this, he managed a quick pace while making his way through the thick of the forest. It wasn't long until he reached a small clearing, a large rock set in the center. Atop the rock, he took notice of a figure. Squinting his eyes, shielding them from the sun and to hopefully get a better view, he approached, his right hand upon the hilt of his sword as a precautionary measure. He said nothing as he approached until he could more clearly see the figure. Once close enough, he could see atop the rock was a woman, small in stature and build. His hand relaxes, relieving his grip from his sword.

"Hello? Miss? Are you alright?"

Upon approach, Jerik had missed the destruction that had once been her home. Even among the wreckage, the house had been camouflaged well enough to elude itself from even his own sight.

Lucinda sat there contemplating and weighing out her options she knew the giant meant no harm and even offered to help her rebuild if he remembered. With a baby on the way he had his hands full. It just stunk she had lived there for many years but now he knew it was a house and would have to relocate anyway. Though she went through the forest and kingdom no one really knew where she lived. Everything she owned was in that house and a good chunk of it was destroyed, thankful that she wasn't in the house as it was squashed.

Closing her eyes as a light breeze ran through her hair, then hearing something, it wasn't natural it was a clanking sound looking into the distance someone or thing was coming towards her. As it grew closer she recognized him as a shoulder of the kingdom, wondering what a lone solder would be doing out here, and if it had something to do with the Giant for they normally didn't get too close to the kingdom then again the sea was closer here so he might have gone to get water. So many thoughts running through her head. She switched her gaze from her crushed house to the soldier.

Focusing on the man who looked like he was about to draw his sword but didn't. "Yes, I suppose I am alright...I wish I cold say the same for my house though..." She shrugged looking at where it stood, though with the way it was all that could really be seen is wood, stones, and fallen trees. Lucinda slid off the rock landing on her feet with her basket in hand. She wore a dark purple and emerald dress, with a red and black cloak on her back.

Jerik looked confused initially, unaware that her previous home now lay in a pile beside him. Once his head turned to see the wreckage, however, he understood. The structure... if it could have been called that, looked like it had been flattened by some thing or some creature. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be much left to salvage from wrecked home, anything inside it most likely having been flattened to dust.

"At least you were not in the building when it happened and not seriously hurt."

Jerik approached her a bit more, his sword hand now resting at his side, Jerik visibly much more at ease. He kneels down to one knee and takes a bow.

"My name is Jerik. Do you require aid, Ms.? I'm sorry. How rude of me, I never asked you for your name."

Jerik remained in his knelt position as he spoke. His armor glistened in the light of the overhead sun, giving him a more, almost regal look to him, even though he was far from so. He imagined that it would often be assumed that anyone laying eyes on him would believe that he was a soldier of the nearby kingdom. He was in fact anything but. He was no knight, though his own personal code and sense of chivalry might lead others to believe he was.

Lucinda figured he would think her mad seeing that her house was now in shambles crushed by the giant. It hardly looked like a house stood there at all. Disgruntled not knowing where to go or what to do at the moment, the loss of her house now what appeared to be a soldier, her luck got better and better.

"Yes I went to replenish some of my supplies...lucky me." She spoke softly with a sigh. Really she had been for if she was in the house and if she wasn't killed from the disaster no one would know she was there.

Turning to look at him then seeing him kneel before her, looking around curiously not sure why he was doing so. Never in her life was she bowed to like so, even from the knights in town. Something was different about him, she couldn't determine what it was.

"Charmed...Oh, Lucinda...Lucinda Jessup." She said giving Jerik her name, knowing it wouldn't do any harm. "I am not sure if I require aid...for I am not sure to which path I should take. I've no where to go now." She said knowing she'd have to find something before night fall. "...and what of you? What brings you to the wood?" She asked curiously not usually seeing humans there.

Jerik rose from his bowed position, standing tall once again. In the light breeze that blew through the trees, is short brown hair moved along with it. The breeze was calming, a wonderful shift from moments earlier of wandering around lost. Now that she had climbed down from the rock, he could see more of her than her silhouette against the sun had originally allowed him. She was a beautiful young woman, adorned in a beautiful purple and emerald dress, her dress only partially covered by the cloak she wore over herself. He was somewhat taken aback at the beauty she possessed.

"Lucinda... It is a pleasure to meet you."

Jerik took a half bow this time, rising immediately as soon as he had done so. He looked again briefly to the shambles that was her house, and then again back to her. Now that the initial shock of her beauty had passed, he began to realize that something didn't quite fit. Although the house she lived in didn't look like much now due to it being destroyed, he had trouble imagining it looking much better before the incident. Lucinda seemed to be dressed in far too nice of clothes to live out in the woods and in a hut such as that. Few races, with the exception of elves, would resort to living conditions such as these, and she was clearly human. For now, he decided to leave the issue alone.

"I myself was passing through and lost my way. Whatever trail I was following before has eluded me. Then I stumbled upon you and your... home."

He hadn't intended to pause at that moment, but he had realized too late that he was referring to her home that was now flattened, and seemingly beyond repair. Jerik let out a soft breath.

"If it pleases you, Ms. Lucinda... you are more than welcome to accompany me. I can help take you back to the nearby town if you wish it. Only thing is, I'm not sure now how to get there from here. I assume because you were living in these woods, you know your way around."

Lucinda smiled as he stood back up, he seemed much more relaxed now, probably realizing she wasn't a threat. He didn't seem like he was there to trouble or bring harm t her so she wasn't in danger thus her defenses were down. She leaned against the rock slightly resting this morning was something else. As the breeze moved through her hair she sighed softly relaxing against the rock.

Turning her attention to him with a soft smile, "Likewise Jerik."

Lucinda didn't think about how she looked compared to what her house looked like. Coming to think of it, it would seem pretty strange she looked more upper class then most who are forced to live in the woods. Then again Lucinda didn't care her home was her privacy which she often cherished. Her family still lived in the town but she preferred the woods.

Nodding her head as he explained why he was in the wood, it was indeed rare to see other humans unless the knights were off to battle, or to scout the area. She laughed softly as he mentioned her house sure it was a sensitive topic right now but there was nothing to be done.

"I see..." she muttered, cocking her head to the side as he offered her to accompany him. "Oh, hm...Well, I will be needing more supplies, than I thought I would now...Sure I'll go with thee. Yes I know my way, weather and creature permitted it should only be a days journey but one never truly knows in the woods."

((Sorry about the delay. Traveled back home, and have been spending time with friends and family.))

Jerik smiles warmly to her, both happy and relieved that she was willing to accompany him. He had been fortunate enough to pass by the town on his way through, but being an individual being unable to navigate through a forest, he certainly didn't remember the way back.

"Excellent! Do you have everything you need for travel?"

Hearing that it should only be a day's journey was a relief to hear. He might not have gotten nearly as lost as he had initially thought. That was not to say that journey would be without its own obstacles. He had had a couple run-ins with local wildlife and creatures foolish enough to think they could best him in battle. Jerik, despite his very kind and humble nature, was a very capable warrior, and wouldn't hesitate to cut a threat down to size. And now, serving as Lucinda's protector, it would be even more the case.

(That's fine I understand.))

Lucinda was no stranger to the woods, nor was she a stranger to the town always finding new routes to take trying to find a shorter way there. Yet still far enough away to keep her piece and to practice her trade.

"Well seeing as most of my stuff hath been destroyed I'm going to assume I have everything I need."

It was usually a fair travel to town but then again the woods often had a mind of it's own. Lucinda hardly worried about a majority of the other creatures, many were her friends like the giants, while others weren't so friendly.

"Well we should begin the journey for it will grow dark eventually neither of us have shelter, you don't want to see some of the creatures who roam the night."

Back
Top Bottom