Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My place of Proze and Doze...(comments welcome)

I am behind in replying mostly due to holiday and internet, which won'the be back for another day or two. Sorry about the wait I will write my replies offline and post when I have access again

Thanks for your patience.

Finished the Song of Ice and Fire series, overall not a bad one. I was definitely having trouble putting it down in a few places wanting to know what happens next, and with all the characters I got impatient wanting to know what happened to some, and some I wanted to die since they were just so nasty. Sadly it did not all work out that way, but I guess it keeps me coming back.

Not sure what series I will read next, probably catch up on some of my American Revolutionary History new reads.

My schedule is switching around a bit, so sorry for the time lapse to reply. I can only do a couple a day so I will be going in order for what I receive. A big switch from what I used to be able to do, apologies, but at least I can fit some in.

Just because I love the lyrics to this....

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftx0cm74w-Y[/video]

So its been a couple of weeks since Ice and Fire was done, but yes I have still been reading.

1. Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson, found it in my old paperback bin (I have a box of paperbacks in my basement of what I collected years ago, I occasionally go through them and keep them for the kids, give them away, or throw them out if the condition is bad). This was a Cyberpunk novel from the 90's, a little dated now but still not a bad read. Twice in my life I think is enough of it. Nice characters, but got a little long in a few parts. Great if you want to understand how Sumerian and the interweb connect...and its not through Al Gore.

2. Whirlwind - another history book, on my favorite subject - The American Revolution. This one was more on the British side, which we don't learn here, and how the policies and government changed along with the causes of the Revolution. There was a lot more going on than they EVER taught in History class, and I was a History major back in College (well the second time I went back for a degree...longer story there....) Unless you like dense history books not for the faint of heart, but I learned a bit more about what was going on to influence the whole "taxation and representation" argument. Of course, the more you learn about the "Founding Fathers", the more you learn what hypocritical, classist, jerks they were.

3. Planet of the Apes - funny what you find when you browse the stacks at the local library. Loved the films as a kid, never knew there was a book until years later and saw it somehow as I walked by. First time I ever got shushed in the library since I was too excited to see it. Not too bad a read, definitely very old age scifi, a little twist at the end that makes it amusing. Definitely not like the film, but had its moments, although there was a message in it, I am not sure what that was supposed to be. Interesting fact, the guy who wrote it also wrote the book Bridge on the River Kwai, a very well known WWII film in the US.

Next up, something from the John Carter Barsoom series...mostly because I had the film on my hard drive and watched part of it with my kids yesterday, I read one or two of the books years ago but not many of them. I think my library has some copies, I am going to check today before the snow flurries hit.

Support your local library! I do! Of course they save me ridiculous amounts of money since I read about 3 or 4 books a month, if I paid for all these, yeeshhh

Since my kids and I watched a bit of John Carter (the movie) a couple weeks ago I decided to pick up the Edgar Rice Burroughs books again. I read a few of the John Carter of Mars/Barsoom books long ago so it was nice to catch them up again. Found a three volume set in one, which is nice since the first two books end on major cliff hangers. So I got through Princess of Mars, Gods of Mars, and Warlord of Mars. ERB has some nice stories to tell, but honestly, not the best writer overall. Some of his characterizations are rather flat, or complete caricature, Dejah Thoris at the beginning is a warrior/scientist/priestess almost...but after she falls in love becomes the most beautiful woman on Mars prize. So yeah, she gets kidnapped alot and sort of just waits for John Carter to get her out of the situation.

I should try and check out the Tarzan novels by ERB, never read those.

For now I am stuck on Mars, but on the Ray Bradbury train...The Martian Chronicles is a different take on the planet, but with a lot of similarities. This is another of my old paperback collection, I am keeping, but wanted a quick read for the week while I start a new set of training classes. Need to brush up on a few things at work, since my Manager has mentioned I hadn't done any new classes lately; though I have spent a lot of time learning other things just to get parts of my project done...but that never seems to count. Odd that....

Anyway, way behind on responses...need to catch up!

This has to be one of the funniest commercials I have seen ever...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q[/video]

Happy Six Month Anniversary for Anger Management ! :D ♥♡

tumblr_mrl5s0lC8h1svyuveo1_r1_400.png

It's been six months since we started messing with the lives of Aria and Vincent and you are truly one of the most talented writers here.Easy to work with, highly compatible, a true gentleman and a friend who always offered his virtual shoulder during dark times.
I remember when I first contacted you, six months ago, a day before my exam.I honestly expected you to reject me based on my crappy request but you didn't! Instead you told me you would be glad to RP with me, accepting all my crazy ideas.I remember at first how we used to respond to each other every day, and even though our posts have slowed down (Because we both have matured), I still count minutes to your next post.
You are truly amazing and I think people who read about Vincent and Aria truly think so too! Vincent has been an absolute doll, right from the start. (I'm sure Aria begs to differ).You have been encouraging, even when my posts were shitty.
I know all your partners are lucky to have you and feel the exact same way as I do.They agree how truly talented and sweet you are!

To Aria and her legs that inspired you,
To Vincent and his naughty thoughts,
To you and your amazing work!

All my love,
Aarya

Well, I must thank you as well. It's been a pleasure to craft that story, though it definitely went places we did not expect. It's one of the few that the initial picture of your character brought on a lot of useful content to add to the story. I liked your bit about having the character imagine something about what to do, and threw that in when I could, something I am using elsewhere more as well. So you taught this old dog some new tricks, thank you!

Nice picture of those two! heh

Apologies to all my partners I have been gobsmacked, as my friend says, with work and home details lately so have had little time to catch up. I will get back to everyone, just a little patience if you can.

Happy soon to be Spring!

Dealing with most of the family in the house being sick last week, so not much time to get on.

Sorry for anyone waiting on me!

Back
Top Bottom