Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My place of Proze and Doze...(comments welcome)

RE: Boyo's Place of Prose and Doze - Drive By's Welcome

In discussing a recent rp with a partner I started thinking of this scene of a character being at the mercy of someone else. Not quite a dominatrix but definitely a woman in control, then in imagining the scene I thought to write it out with only the idea of a voice and a touch to drive it all.

Added this to the Storytelling section, basically one write through from the perspective of the male character with a minimum of edits. I should probably edit more, but it seemed too fresh in my mind to not put out there.

RE: Boyo's Whinging Corner - Comments Appreciated

Sometimes when I feel stuck, or in a mood like now when I feel like everything I write could be much improved (even after 3 or 4 edits...my norm is two), I will step away and do something else.

Don't know what other people do but I will cook, bake (I do this weekly anyway, I make my own bread on Sundays), or because I have a large backyard can always tend the garden or work on my new patio area. Noting like digging and yanking ivy to get your body sore. Nothing gets my creative juices going like physical work, my imagination goes off while my body does its thing and I can draw weeks of plot out in my mind in a good half hour. Thinking out parts ahead of time, or pieces that I want to use help out, since they sit around in the aether until I can draw them out. Sometimes marinating with the Muse until I need that bit for an rp, and by then its much improved.

Lately I've felt the need to improve my writing more, but I have found that I can still draw plots out, now if I can just get my inner grammar beast to shut the -eff- up, things would be dandy.

I often listen to music to get inspiration to write. The Fucking Pub story threads are actually mostly written with an exchange of inspirational songs.

One I have been listening to more and more is the theme song Guren no Yumiya to Attack On Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin), one of the most disturbing but awesome anime's I have watched in years.

The actual anime opening:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM[/video]

Such a true statement.

"Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation." - Kin Hubbard

Work from home days are fun, they allow me to catch up with rp's and get slightly ahead.

Glad I have some multitasking genes!

I always feel bad when I see an rp waiting for a response and I can't get to it, or can't complete my thought on what to post.

Then it sits there, nagging at me. Biting into my subconscious, making me think of it even when I should be doing something else.

It's like monsters from the ID...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2BYyeS-fIU[/video]

I know what you mean. It seems like the longer they sit, waiting for a reply, the harder it gets for me to reply to them.

If only they were like a wine or cheese and improve with age...

If only I had more cowbell!!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd0OjjCz88[/video]

Since reading has been a topic on everyone's mind lately, at least at my house, and it came up in a conversation with a partner recently I may as well give my thoughts on it.

I love books. Always did, always will. I am a semi-luddite in that I have no interest in a digital reader or e-books. I like paper in my hands, something solid. I grew up always with a little library of my own books, as I grew and my interests grew I expanded, but even by middle school I was a member of the Sci-Fi book club (I am older than most users here, let's just say it was the Carter Era). I had a big collection of books where my allowance went, and I read a lot of older and at the time 70's-80's scifi and fantasy, that was my thing. My current partners have expanded my interest in other writers and domains, and for that I owe them a big thank you.

In elementary school I used to ride my bike a mile or more through town to the library and pick up a book. Never really knew it but as a youth my Dad has continually told me that I was an early reader, and a voracious one. Know your library, not only does it provide us with the weekly family movie, but books that the kids can check out and enjoy. I always insist they take one, even if they only glance at it at home later.

In school I knew English. Passed all my tests wonderfully, did lengthy essays in all my subjects easily. Though if you asked me a particular point of grammar I couldn't tell you, still can't, but I know what sounds right. I can account all that to the books probably, with all the reading I did I knew how to communicate but couldn't put into words how to do it. I still write and document a lot at work, I am well known for writing up how we do things and I tend to get that task a lot, which is fine with me. Working in software development the documentation is poor most of the time anyway.

Getting back into writing now I still read a lot, my current job allows me to commute by train so I spend a lot of time in my local library, in the past year I have gone through about a book every week or two. I read to my kids constantly, though less than I should, I don't remember my Dad reading to me, my parents did when we were younger but I did all my own after I was old enough. We have books in the house, even comics, since anything with the printed word is gold to me. My older son being dyslexic, which makes it hard to sound out words, and his concentration problems means reading is harder for him - so we look at alternatives, audio books that highlight the text do well for him. We continue to find other ways to engage, reading should never be a barrier is my opinion, and I doubt my passion for books will be taken up exactly but if they get a little bit, I am happy.

Reading should be fun, I love being able to immerse myself in a world others have made. I can do the same for my own writing and characters. Reading is fundamental and much as I love my own library of books, having a town that can maintain one, and allowing me to requests books from the inter-loan system so I can get anything in catalog is priceless to me. I could go on, but that's enough pontificating for now, I have rp's to answer.

Remember, as we used to say - Reading is Fundamental.

With age comes wisdom. One thing I have realized is that if you remove your pants and your underwear comes off, those pants are probably too tight.

It's odd, when I catch up on rp's and have that lull I want to do more...but can't since I know that in a week I'll be inundated again.

I love this, one of the things I used to tell my niece and nephew, is my life is a warning not an example, but this says it so much better.

"Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Just when I start getting into my current responses I see tempting new stories that I don't feel I have time for.

It's like trolling the buffet, filling up your plate and thinking, I am going back for that, only to find out the buffet is closing in 10 minutes.

arrggghhhhh

Good thing I did not bother looking for too much new, the wave crashed and one again I am behind.

As Nietzsche said "The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time."

And with characters in an rp, you can do the same.

Or I would, if I reused characters, which I don't. Which probably makes me unusual but I like the creation of something new, something different, that I learned from the last creation. I don't get too attached to characters, except when playing them. Like hats its easy to move on to another, once I know them and understand them I let them have their own life in the rp, but enjoy making a new one after.

RE: Sexcuse me, but what the good, is all the violence...

You know boyo, I don’t feel that way. I get very attached to my characters, and I do reuse characters. In fact, I incorporate past rps and story lines that I have done with another into other rps. It’s like one rp helps create their past, adding on to the pone I gave them, making them stronger even. I become so involved in their lives, the rp itself, that yes I do become angry when something bad is happening to them. I have one character that if you even mention trying to break her, I will become livid. Does that mean no one has ever done it before? No. In that same respect, when they’re in the midst of an intense scene, I feel their pleasure as well. I love a post that can create a reaction, and being so close to my characters helps. Granted there is one partner that I have who always seems to hit that nail on the head. He creates emotions from rage to lust. Those are the partners I enjoy keeping around. The ones who I can work with my characters who almost seem to be alive because I have invested so much time into who they are and where they’ve been. I like the creating something new, yes, but a plot is more than enough for me most of the time.

Just came across your post today and wanted to say I think your title is awesome, I am a huge GWAR fan and that is one of my top five songs... also apologies for interrupting your conversation

Andi, that's great. Investing time into keeping characters growing and alive is a wonderful way to go, just not my thing - or at least not so far. I usually look for something new to try and that doesn't always mesh with the way characters have grown in a previous story. I wouldn't hold it against anyone, and I have played with people who did have a long standing character they wanted to run, its just not me. Usually with the plot I am trying to get somewhere so maybe its a sense of completion, and I feel I have done enough with a character I don't want to do more, maybe with the right opportunity I would, but so far it has not happened. I may make someone close to a character I have done before, with a new twist to make the story new, and that is how I usually go.

WhiteWolfFang, oh I am with you. GWAR is awesome! Sexecutioner is one of my top 5 fav's from them. Sadly one of my favorite bands that I never got to see live, only saw one of their shows in video. The theatrics in their show surpassed Rammstein, who I have seen, and thought one of the best shows ever. Hard to go wrong with pyrotechnics.

Finally some inner depth from me...

Taking the family out to a regional indoor water park, and of course, its set to rain most of the day. Somehow I find that ironic, but I have a weird sense of it probably. Raining outside, going inside to get wet. Makes me laugh. Maybe its a New England thing. I like water parks because I have a sun allergy, Polymorphus Light Eruption, so I can't go out in the summer in day time, unless I take this really nasty tasting Chinese medicine (long story there), but short story stay out of the sun kids, its dangerous and will mess you up! Of course being a light skinned kid in the 70's where sun tan lotion was for wimps didn't help me out either.

The boys do love water parks, the slides, the pools, new people to meet and play with for the day - my boys are the complete opposite of me, total extroverts, me is completely opposite. I'm polite but honestly not really good at chit chat, so I tend to be the guy hanging around quietly unless someone talks to me, or its someone I know well. Sadly, being a guy who knows nothing about, and little interest in, sports teams doesn't give me a lot of conversational openers. My kids can make a friend anywhere, and that's great, so I encourage it, they don't need to be me.

Of course I'll be offline during the next few days, I tend to take offline vacations when I can, I have a book to finish - Ceclia Holland's Serpent Dreamer, I randomly picked up the series in the library - and one to start - Diana Galbadon's Snow and Ashes (an Outlander series recommended to me from Tesora, one of my longest rp partners).

Have fun all, see you when I get back.

I love my French Press.

bodum-chambord-32-ounce-french-press.jpg

I also love my personal Tea Pot.

personal.jpg

Some days its hard to decide which to use.

An oldie but a goodie.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZZ_J4A4X9Q[/video]

To find more about my relation with Alien Sex Fiend, read below.
I used to work as bar back, security or whatever in an alternative club in the late 80's and early 90's. When I sported a mohawk and multiple ear jewelry. Alien Sex Fiend came to play and I got to work security for them, helping them at the airport getting their equipment, set up on stage and get them from the dressing room to the stage. Yeah I did it all, or whatever my boss used to tell me too. It was fun working in a bar/nightclub, but don't do it unless you want to lose your desire to drink.

Anyway, on the stage was amusing, even if I was in a smoke machine for about an hour. I worked security on stage for a few bands over the years, this one was a special Halloween show so it was truly packed. We brought in friends who got to hang out with us on stage, and it was one of the few times I had goth girls all over me. They wanted to get closer to the stage, funny what people will do for a closer look. Sadly for them I was having none of it, there was a job to do!! That and I was on mushrooms most of the night, lol.

Fun time to see a band I loved up close, hang with them and get stoned with them a bit afterwards. They were genuinely nice folks.

It's seriously been so long since I've seen anyone mention this band.
They're a favorite of mine even though I wasn't even born when they were rocking the stage.
Good song. Thanks for posting it!

Always glad to bring back, what to me is, an oldie but a goodie.

Back
Top Bottom