Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

Silverknight

Pulsar
Prince Edward, was out on his own, he had been the only son of the king of Norhumbria, and now it was his job to go after a famous relic and to gather it and bring it back home as to prove his worth of being king of his great human kingdom. He had no idea that others might be on the trip as of the moment. He was moving carefully with his party of 3 people who were with him to help him in his journey. The group had just set up their camp near a large river which would be great for water, and would be a great place to store up water, before they had to make their trek across the desert on the otherside.

Edward, left the camp and sat by the river a good bit down, leaving his three companions to prepare dinner. He had brought 3 merceneries along with him for his adventures. Yet, he knew these three well, and trusted them as they had worked for his father for a number of years, and they were also very skilled. They were a samurai, a ninja, and a former pirate, each with their unique skills that they could bring to bare. He knew them each and trust them each as if they were family. Yet for the moment, the prince wanted to relax, wanted to think about as little as possible as he rested there listening to the sound of the water as it ran over the rocks. He wanted to focus on neither and just destress for a good moment before he woudl head back to the camp and have his meal.

Princess Mystique had been just ordered to complete a suitable Quest or give up her hopes of being the Queen of Southerland Shores. Her uncle had been very cruel to her since the death of her parents. He was very greedy and had taxed the people of the Southerland Shores Kingdom for anything that they might have that could be of any worth. Most were attempting to escape his tyranny except a few who were loyal to the orphaned Princess who looked down from her tower high above the village. None knew that this young princess was basically being thrown out of her castle that very night.

Princess was given a peasant gown and a cloak. A satchel and a basket of food was all that she was allowed to take except her maid who was allowed the same. A young male silently followed for he knew of the quest. He was a kitchen page and knew many things about life that he felt obligated to follow her. He could not leave at the same time or he would surely be punished. But once the meal was finished and he was able to, he went to the pantry and took a few things in a basket. He had no weapon of any kind except a small meat dagger.

By now Mystique and Bessie were hopelessly lost beyond the castle grounds. They decided to wait until day light to go any further. By Bessie's suggestion, they have crawled into a set of bushes to rest and sleep if possible.

As Edward was sitting by the river he heard a noise, a strange noise that was coming from nearby, he blinked as he realized that someone was in the area. He knew that hew as going to have to deal with this possible danger. He looked at the bush, as it moved and said nothing for a moment as he watched the bush move. He waited for it to move again, and then shook his head as he looked at the bush, "Now, out of there, I know that you are hiding in the bush, get out, of the bush, I won't harm you," he said loudly to make sure the person in the bushes would know they were found, but also to make the point that he wasn't going to harm them. "I am Prince Edward of Norhumria," he said as he looked at the bushes telling them who he was, which he figured would tell them more about how he wasn't going to harm them.

He waited for the reaction, he knew this might be a foe and they might attack, but what dangerous person hid in bushes. He figured based on this, that the person was most likely not dangerous at all. He stood there his eyes focused on the bushes, ready just in case he was wrong and they attacked him head on for some reason. He hoped they would be peaceful and he would be able to figure out what they were after and perhaps he could help them, who knew. He stood there hoping that this would go well but also a bit nervous at the encounter as well.

Bessie and Mystique were quietly whispering to each other because they knew that they may be killed if they had trespassed on someone's land. Finally, after a bit of talking, Bessie crawled out of the bushes. She brushed herself off as well as she could and straighten her hair just in case it was Royalty. One must be careful not to step on their toes so to speak. And to remember her manners as well. Slowly with a bowed head, Bessie came forth and stood in front of the man. Always assume that you are at fault not the Royalty is a good rule as well.

"I am so sorry, Prince Edward of Northumria. I did not realize that I was on your land. I shall leave at once if you would just pardon me this once. I will not travel this way again. I promise on my very own soul that I will not bother your lands again if you could find it in your heart to pardon me." Bessie spoke softly with her head bowed low and her hands behind her back in case the man wanted to take her as a prisoner. She was not sure what the Princess would do without her but at least the Princess had a chance to escape after they left.

The Prince looked at the woman as she got out from the bush and blinked as he looked right at her. He could tell she was hiding something but what she was hiding he didn't know. He figured that she had to be very down on her luck if she were hiding in a bush of all things. He took a deep breath as he shook his head. "Now, miss, this isn't actually my land, and your not in trouble at all," he said as he looked at her in the eyes. He thought about what he should do and how he should deal with this woman who just popped out of the middle of nowhere. He wasn't sure actually at first glance, but he was a knight and a gentleman and he then smiled as he figured being good was in his nature.

"Well, miss, come along, I can provide you if nothing else with a good meal, and a better place then a bush to sleep in, we have a couple of extra tents and you can use one of them and rest there, we are on a bit of a journey, and we have a long way to travel tomorrow, but I figure that helping you out couldn't harm anyone," he said with a smile on his lips. "I know sleeping in a bush has to be challenging, and well, you don't look so prepared for your trip where ever it is too," he also commented as he looked at her, his tone that of a friendly and helpful knight which was, what he was in reality.

Bessie was now in a mess. She had promised the Princess that she would not tell about her being in the bush but she could not bear to have a good meal and a tent to sleep in when the Princess was still in the bush. But as destiny had planned a few things for the Princess, a young man came riding up to Bessie.

"Yo there Bessie! Where is the....... Excuse me but Bessie is a friend of mine. I am Sean. May I ask as to who you are, Sir and what you are going to do with.... Bessie?" Sean asked in a slightly confuse voice.

"Now Sean, this here is Prince Edward of Northumria. He said that he would give me a good meal and will allow me to spend the night in one of the spare tents." Bessie spoke rather quickly as she glanced at the bushes then back at Sean.

"Is that so, Bessie? And who will be sleeping with you, I wonder....." Sean spoke as he frowned at the man.

The prince looked at the young man as he paused for a moment and then narrowed his eyes for a second, "Well, Sean was it, no one she would sleep on her own unless she choose otherwise," he said as he looked at her, "You can come along as well if you want, we have more then enough supplies, and we have a few extra tents that you can use in our camp," he said as he looked at Sean his eyes focused on the young man as he then looked at Bessie and then Sean one at a time. "Now, you can come with me, be welcomed at my camp, enjoy a nice night sleep there and relax, or you can stay here out in the bushes, and well eat berries or whatever," he said as he paused and thought about it for a moment.

"Whatever other person that your friend is talking about Bessie, can come as well, just follow along, nothing bad will happen to any of you," he mused as he looked at her as he stopped pausing for a moment before turning back to the group, "So, what will it be, would you want to join me and head to my camp or would you rather rough it and sleep in the bushes out here," he mused as he looked at the pair wondering many things about the nature of their relationship to who this third hidden person was and why they were still hidden.

Upon hearing all of the conversation and thinking that while a tent is not as nice as her tower room, it would be far better than sleep in the bushes and a good meal would be very much welcomed, Mystique carefully crawled out of the bushes and brushed herself off very carefully before walking to the man who was offering to share the tent and the food.

"I think that we should be grateful of our lucky stars that shine down on us for having someone who is willing to share with complete strangers. Sean, please bring out our satchels and baskets so that we may travel to this camp of Prince Edward of Norhumria.
My name is Princess Mystique of Southerland shores. I believe that we are very fortunate to have met up with you, Prince Edward." Mystique began.
"Thank you Sean. Now perhaps we may see your camp?"

Bessie and Sean was not sure about visiting a stranger's camp but knew that they had to protect the princess and not let that cruel uncle have the crown any longer than it could take to do the secret quest. All that they knew was that the Princess had to fulfill some kind of a Quest and they were sure that it was a foolish Quest invented to keep her from her rightful inheritance.

Edward looked at Mystique and smiled as he now knew why they were so defensive about the other member of their group. He took her hand into his own as he kissed it kneeing to the ground before rising to his feet and walking her to his camp. He figured that she would be at home the moment that she got to his camp. Edward, was curious why the princess and her helpers were out here, but he figured he might some time that night be able to find that information out from her or her helpers. He figured they would be more guarded about their reason, so she would be the best place to get that information from. The first from the camp could be seen form a good ways off before they got there.

Marvin was sitting there and watching over the camp when he noticed the group that was arriving, he said nothing for a good long moment as he remained sitting on the top of a box, relaxing keeping an eye on things. Tomel was working on his arrows making sure that they were put away correctly and also making sure the arrow points were sharp enough and then putting them in one at a time as he watched as well. Aeris was also from the Southerland and went and bowed before the princess knowing just who she was. She was a exile from the kingdom and had been exiled years before, but she always had a great deal of respect for the princess and the royal family.

"Well now, this is Aeris, Tomel, and Marvin the one eyed," he said introducing the rest of the group as he looked around for a moment. "Okay, get moving set up three more tents for our guest, and add more food to the fire," he announced as Tomel and Marvin went to work preparing the tents for the guest as they set up the tents for each of the group that joined them. "Well princess make yourself at home and don't worry no one will harm you, trust me on that," he said respectfully as he let her figure our way around as he helped the other two set up the three extra tents which were up and ready rather quickly.

Bessie was not too happy about not being in the same tent as Princess Mystique but Sean felt that Princess Mystique would be fine if Bessie's tent was next to hers. It was like that at the castle any ways. And he would be on the other side of the Princess and since Nellie (his horse) accepted the small group. The two of them talked for a bit while Princess Mystique was warming herself by the fire.

Princess Mystique was quiet and in deep thought. She did not recognize Aeris but was sure that she was one of those who her uncle had tossed out for not having enough money for the taxes. Or maybe just one of the few who was able to escape his clutches. Her basket and satchel were next to her feet and Bess's things were close by her. She also was wondering why Sean left his comfy position.......

"Bessie and Sean. Please come here. I wish to speak to both of you." Princess Mystique called.
"I want each of you to be on guard like. I am not sure what to make of this Prince. I have heard of him but it was a few years ago
before the Plague went through. Uncle Richard was sympathetic at first. But after my 15th birthday two years ago and he showed me my my new room in the tower, I have lost all contact of everyone as well as everything. I only wished that he had sent for Aunt Miriam.

Back to here and now. I will take the center tent and you two will take a tent on either side. Sean, keep your horse hobbled close by. I wish that each of us had a horse but at least we have one. I have very little to offer as far as money. And as you know I do have a quest to do so that I can gain my rightful inheritance. Are there any questions?" she asked of the two of after the whispered talk.

Bessie shook her head no but Sean asked "What is the quest?"

"I have not yet looked. I will let you know sometime in the future. Please be courteous and on guard. Thank you both for coming to my aid." Princess Mystique smiled as she looked at her two companions.

Aeris left the princess and her advisers, or whoever her supporters were, and she would be right, her uncle had kicked her father out of the castle long before, cause of money that was owed. It was more one of his first land grabs but no one knew that at the time, but Aeris knew that man was not one to be trust, and was told and raised to respect the royal family. She went back to the pot that was cooking as she looked over it adding more spices and then mixing up the meal a bit more she wondered what the princess was up to much like the others were doing at the moment. She remained quiet as she worked, thinking saying nothing, though.

"Well, odd group," Marvin commented as he looked over at the rest of those who had been there first. "They seemed to be up to something, but they don't really seem dangerous," he mused as thought about them before letting their presence fall from his mind. He was thinking about the next day and how far they should go and where they should stop. He had been to a lot of lands, but he had never been to the lands they were going to go. He did know it thanks to Tomel who had been there and now who was reading some book or something. "Well, Prince, I figure that group will be gone by first like, they seem like a really flighty groupf," he mused as he thought about them causing the prince to chuckle a bit.

"Yes, I tend to agree, and I am guessing they don't have that much experience with this type of travel either," the prince said openly, "but we are stopped and they are, so we might as well help them. I am sure they are not going to head in the direction we are tomorrow, so we won't see them again after this night no matter what, they will go their own way," he mused as he went over and put his noise near the pot and then smelled the food and smiled for a bit. "Aeris, the food is going to be good," he said to the elf, before looking at the tent he knew the guest were, "You all, food is ready if you want it," he said very loudly to get the attention of the guests.

"I am glad for I am quite hungry. I did not have a lunch or dinner today. Pray tell me what you have for us to eat this evening, please. " Princess walked towards the fire and food.
"Bessie and Sean, please place our things in the tents before you eat. And find a place to hobble the horse, too."

Bessie and Sean followed with all of the belongings as well as the one horse. They placed the baskets in the tents and the horse was hobbled at the back of the tents as an extra guard. Sean was very worried about the Princess not having the things that she needed and not one thing to actually keep her comfortable on a trip. Of course, Sean would insist on the Princess be the one to ride. He would whittle a couple walking sticks for Bessie and himself. He was trying to figure out how to make a comfortable bed for the Princess. Perhaps some soft grasses......

Meanwhile Princess Mystique walked up to the Prince.
"Excuse me Prince Edward but I would like to ask you a few things. If you have not noticed, we are not exactly prepared for a journey of any kind. We do not have the bare necessities that we should have. Would you be so kind as to help us?" she asked softly so that no one else could hear her speak.

The Prince looked at the princess as she admitted that she hadn't had a meal for a while, which wasn't that surprising given the conditions that they found them in. The fact that they were to find them in such a condition on the other hand was a great surprise to find her and her friends in. How would a princess be forced to hide in the bushes, this was something that he didn't know at all. He figured he would ask her in given time, but he figured that he would wait for the chance to be able to ask what trouble that the princess happened to be in at the moment. He was curious but she had some serious issues from what he could tell, and he was a bit worried about asking her more to find out to much at the same moment.

Edward looked at the Princess as she asked her question and thought about it for a moment before he let out a soft sigh. He then looked at her and then shook his head, "there is a bit we can give you, but there isn't that much over all that we can give to you. You see, we are on a important journey ourselves and we have to make sure we have a lot of danger and chance ahead, so we have to keep a good amount of our supplies cause we are going to be traveling for a long period of time. I also know that this land we are going to be going to most likely will be dangerous. So, I am overall sorry, I can't help, but we will give you what we can give to you," he said as he went over to Aeris and got a bowl of stew which was rich with meat and veggies as well.

He sat down and then looked at the princess, "I hope that you like stew, it is a hardy meal and should help solve for that need of food that you mentioned earlier," he mused as he looked at her and then took a bite of food. "We have prepared for this trip for a while, we are heading across the river in the morning and heading out over the desert and then to the hills beyond," he told her letting her know his plans for the coming days and what they were going to do. He didn't have to do this, but he figured it was respectful enough to tell her this that she would understand what his people were going to do.

Princess Esmeralda was sadden that the Prince was on a journey himself. She sat down on a log next to the fire. She thought for a moment before calling out.
"Bessie! Bring out some bread, please. A loaf should do. Part of the cheese round as well. We are not completely with out food. Sean can hunt and skin animals. Bessie can cook and I have some learning about various edible herbs. We could manage the eating part. Granted we have very little salt and pepper but we can manage without them.
What help I really need is a tent, blankets, perhaps a horse or two. I cold give you some of my jewels in payment. I'd like to keep what I can of course. " Mystique began.

"Here is one of the loafs, Princess. I took the liberty of slicing it and the cheese quarter." Bessie announced as she arrived with a small cloth of bread and cheese.
"Please do not promise what we cannot afford. We will manage on your quest, whatever it may be."

"Aye, we can manage. Perhaps we could buy a tent or two and some blankets. I have the bit of money that i have put away with me." Sean spoke confidently.
"Although we could use a bit of company for a safety for you females. Particularly for you, Princess. I was at the dinner table serving tonight. Heard a bit of disturbing news there. We need to talk together and decide what we should do. But you are doomed to fail the quest no doubt in my mind."

"Yes, we shall talk in my tent later about what you heard, Sean. Meanwhile, offer bread and cheese to everyone please. Also dip out some stew for me. I am sure that some fresh bread would be a good addition to the meal, don't you think so, Prince Edward?" Princess Mystique spoke in her ever patient voice.

While Bessie passed out the bread and cheese, Sean was dipping out the stew in stoney silence. He was brooding over something.

So she had things to contribute after all, he made a mental note of this, as he smiled at the response that he got from the princess and the aid that she added to their meal. He also thought about his supplies and what they had extra of and what they could spare for the woman. It would be poor on his part if he were to not help out a lady in need. That would make him look extremely bad and he would feel bad for not helping this woman. "First of all Lady Esmeralda, you don't need to pay us in jewels, keep them, for you might need them somewhere along your journey or something as a bargaining chip. Secondly, I can give you what you ask for, do not worry about the payment. Your father helped my father many times in the past, so it is only right for me to help you out."

"I wish I could be more of a help for you, but we are on a quest ourselves, we have to get this item. It seems that someone found a old record that the new kings of the kingdom must find this item within a year or a old branch of the family will take the crown. Oddly, that branch left and went to your kingdom generations ago, and that would mean the heir to the throne then oddly would be your uncle. I don't know the man, but I hear that he isn't the best leader and only cares for himself. That is what my ninja has told me anyhow," he explained as he looked over at the princess, figuring that being honest with her would be fine. He wondered what quest she was on as well, curious what was the aim of it.

"I think that it will be a fine thing to add to the meal, a great idea," he added in to her idea about the bread and the cheese.

The mercenaries were quietly having their meal, none of them had said a word, they were working and doing pretty much their own thing as they kept tabs on what Bessie and Sean were up to as they worked, knowing they always had to be on guard and had to protect the prince from possible danger on this quest.

Bessie brought the basket of bread over to where Princess Mystique was sitting patiently. She nodded at Bessie who immediately went to get a bowl of stew for herself while Sean brought the princess a bowl. She took the bowl from Sean and spoke to him softly.

"Please bring me my satchel. I want to read the Quest."
Sean hurried away for the satchel without saying a word. Princess Mystique took a small bite and smiled.

"I can quite honestly say that this is a fine stew. Thank you for sharing with us. Now back to my problem of being able to travel safely.
Is there any way that you could get us 3 horses? I would like to have an extra horse for baggage. I suppose that I can get someone who would be willing to ride with us. Ahhhhh..... Let me see what my Quest is........." Princess Mystique spoke as Sean came with her satchel.
She gave Sean her bowl and she took the satchel. Under all of her things were the Diary and the letter inside it. She quietly read the letter and sighed softly. She carefully placed the letter back into the envelope.
“Where would we get a map. I need to find a great desert.” She asked the prince.

The prince looked at the blonde elf and then nodded his head as he thought about it for a moment or two. "Well now, the most we can give to you is two horses, but we are also going to the desert, so if your journey is going in the same direction that we are going perhaps you can travel with us, we can help each other that way, and it will be easier to defend ourselves with more people. Plus, as they say more mind working together work better," he mused and kind of proposed to the princess. He also knew by helping her that he could create an alliance after the journey that would strengthen the both of their kingdoms a great deal. He figured that would be enough for him by it self. He motioned to Tomel to come over to where they were, which the half demon male did.

Tomel took from his bag a large scroll that he unrolled before them. It was a map of the whole area, the man looked at the pair of them and then focused his attention on the princess. "My lady, we are here," he said pointing to the point they were at along the river, across the river a mile or so is the great desert, we have found a path across it using the oasis as resting points as we go, we are heading to this spot here," he said pointing to a spot in the middle of the desert. "It is said there was a great city that once lived in an oasis here, and we think we can find more clues for our quest their. It is also pretty much the only thing in the desert, so it is our target. I would guess there is a high likely hood you are suppose to go there as well," he explained calmly as he looked up at the princess, before stepping back to give the princess and his boss room.

Edward looked at Mystique as he waited her reply, he couldn't tell what she was thinking cause he didn't know her well enough to guess. He knew there was a chance she would want help and a chance she would be afraid of getting help either way was possible. Yet, either way also their path had been determined for them by the clues that the wise men of the council found before he even started on his trip. He would head there, there was but no other choice, he just hoped after that he could return home and this egg hunt didn't go on that much longer after but he had a feeling it would.

Mystique studied the map for a bit before she spoke. Of course, Sean came to look over to look at the map as well. Bessie had no interest in maps but began to do the clean up from the dinner.

Sean whispered to Mystique
"I think we should go with the Prince Edward. Your Uncle is up to something but I don't know what. I can use my knife and sling shot very well. Bessie is not good at defense nor are you, begging your pardon."

Mystique slowly nodded as she studied the map but no one could tell if it was because of what Sean spoke, the prince or if she was in deep thought.

" I think that we will travel with you as long as our paths are the same. The company will be nice and while Bessie and I are not fighters, I am sure that we can do something to help. Do you mind if I copy your map? I am a fair hand at drawing and an extra map could come in handy, particularly if we part in the future." she finally spoke to Edward.

She began to wonder why her uncle wanted to take over her land and the land next to hers. And what did her uncle want with these trinkets? A coin from the desert pyramid, a relic from some jungle temple and a gargoyle of a distant castle? She knew that her uncle dabbled in the magic arts...........

Edward didn't say anything as he let the group talk it over, they would decide what they wanted to do and it would only be right to leave the choice completely up to them on the matter. It would be rude if he were to try to get in the way. Of course he wanted them to come with him, company wouldn't be bad, and he knew they could help each other along the way. He smiled as he nodded his head. He was glad when Mystique announced that the would in fact be coming with them. "Then I suggest that you get some sleep soon, tomorrow will be a long day of traveling, you and Bessie will most likely have to share a horse, so you can decide how you want to do that before the morning. We wake up early in the morning and we will leave early as well."

Edward looked at his group who dutifully were busy preparing themselves for bed, they knew they would have to get up early, and the surprise of the new group showing up which wasn't much for the experienced mercs was wearing off. Even Aeris was over the fact she was going to get to help the princess and was in a good mood but one that was rather common all things be told. "Thank you for agreeing," she said kindly as she bowed before the princess, "it has been my dream to be able to actually help out the royal family for once in my life as my father did before me," she said with the upmost respect in her tone before she headed to her tent and slipped off to bed. The other two slipped away quieter and with little to no notice.

"Now, I must head to bed as well, should you need anything my tent is the one right there," he said pointing it out before he bowed, "it will be a honor to work with you princess as Aeris commented, now till morning," he said politely as he walked over with the left over food and put it in a area for the horses to eat from it. It would work for horse food. He then went and headed to his own tent, what a interesting change of events, he thought to himself. Things were going to be more interesting, he knew finding the mystery item he was after was something that he had to do, and now he could do a good deed as he worked by helping the princess as long as was possible.

Mystique smiled and spoke softly
"Sweet Dreams and Pleasant Rest, Prince, Aeris and to the two who slipped away all too quietly."
Mystique lead the way to the her tent. She turned to the other two.
"Check your horse, Sean then get yourself in bed. Bessie get yourself into bed. I shall do the same."

Mystique went inside and laid out her blankets. She sat on her blanket and wrote in her diary of the days events. She took her hair down and brushed out then braided it herself. She enjoyed being able to to for herself in spite of Bessie trying to do for her. She was very independent person. Once she laid down in her clothes, she fell asleep.

Bessie frowned but since she knew her Princess meant what she said, she went to her tent and rolled up in her blanket.

Sean found his horse and petted him. He took off the saddle and rubbed his horse down. He spoke softly to his horse as he did.
"Shadow. We are going on a grand adventure. Aye that we are. We will be riding with that Prince in the kingdom next to ours. Not too sure of him honestly. I hope that he won't be as bad as I have heard. Not that her uncle is the cream of the crop. But we shall keep that as our own secret, eh, Shadow? Now get your rest. I will have Bessie riding with me. Princess Mystique can ride one of those majestic horses of the Prince. I am sure that they will take great care of our Princess. Rest well, old friend."
With a final pat night, Sean headed off to his tent.

Marvin was the first person up as the one eyed man was normally, he had work to do, he always seemed to set things up for the others in his own group. He didn't mind, it was a old habit of his to do this type of work. He had nothing to say the night before, he was measuring up the group as well as he could. He knew they came from a family which had some bad apples in his opinion, and he wasn't one to be so trustful of them as the prince was. He had to be more careful and watch the back of his lord. He made sure that the things were set for them, the fire was going again as he actually started to cook for the morning, he started to clean the pot in the river and made some oatmeal for the large group.

He figured they were not used to waking up early or doing things early in the morning either. He was the early bird, and as he cooked, he took out a book and read it, quietly standing by himself as he looked at the tents, would they be able to handle themselves, or would they be more trouble then they were worth. He wasn't sure about that either. There were many more things that the situation had, he had to think about the math behind the rations, and do the grunt work and the planning for the prince, knowing the strengths and weakness of the half demon, the prince, and the elf and their tendencies. With the new people though, that would change too, which would make this even more unpredictable.

Sean was up early as well. he went to the back of the tent where he had Shadow hobbled. He gave Shadow a good brushing, checked his hooves to make sure that the shoes were on good and tight. He didn't want Shadow to throw a shoe and possibly become lame. It would certainly slow them down. Once he had Shadow saddled and brought around to the front of the tent. He went inside to make a bed roll out of the blankets and tucked his clothes in his saddle bag.

Princess was up and doing her exercise routine and wishing that she had her weight pole with her. She used it as a balance on a walking beam and for helping her jumping over obstacles. She did as much as she could do then she put her outer dress back on once more. She then began to pack her belongings. Mystique used a ribbon to tie up the bedroll and was ready for breakfast.

Bessie was not exactly an early riser and when Sean was ready to eat, he went to Bessie's tent and called out
"Bessie, I do hope that you are and ready to go for we shall leave soon. Princess has already done her exercises and is doing her hair."

"I'll be out when I get out....." Bessie groaned as she sat up.

Slowly she got dressed and was ready to go though not quite awake when Princess Mystique went to her tent.
"Come slug a bug. The day is awasting as usual. Adventure awaits for those who are waiting and for those who are ready to eat can eat before they leave." Princess Mystique called out as she headed to the campfire.

"Good morning! I see that you are an early riser. And enjoy reading as well. Now let's see what you have cooking..... oatmeal! A good choice for starting a trip. Thank you for starting breakfast for all of us. " Princess Mystique spoke warmly as she walked up to the fire.

Marvin didn't need to look up to know that the princess and her companions were up, in his silence he could hear their conversations and knew they too were preparing for the day. He also heard Tomel raise and head to start packing the supplies and check upon the horse, his talking to them as if they would reply was something that Marvin honestly would never understand. He figured that the man had some desire to learn some new language of horses or perhaps it was connected to his half demonic origin. He wasn't sure which one it was, but to him, the horse was just an animal that was to be rode from point A to point B, a tool for use, nothing more then that. He shook his head as he refocused on his book.

He then heard the sounds of the ninja getting up, he knew that she most likely had been up most the night keeping track of the newcomers and making sure they didn't make a move to harm their prince. He knew that she was dutiful and despite her happiness to meet her would be queen, he knew that she would always be loyal to her job and her prince as well. He knew she would head off and walk the riverbank, checking out herbs and such that could be used as medicine that wouldn't be found again when they got to the desert. He figured that made some sense, and he then looked towards the prince's tent, he was still asleep at that moment at least it would seem.

He then looked up at the princess who sat down nearby. "It is a needed action, there is no need for thanks," he said with a calm, near emotionless tone as he looked at the princess. His eyes measuring her up as he looked at her, trying to figure out just who this woman was, what her true goals were. He knew little about her, other then she came from the same kingdom as her uncle, and was related to him. "Princess, may I be so bold as to ask you this, what is your opinion of your uncle truly, and what is your current grand ambition, do you wish to serve your uncle, replace him, or are you figuring this all out as you go," he asked boldly as he looked at her. "The prince, is to idealistic for his own good, I don't want a servant of that evil around, so if you are working for him. I advise you to leave," he said still with basically no emotion in his tone.

The Princess turned to Marvin in complete surprise. She swallowed then narrowed her eyes as she stared at the bluntness of the man.

"He is my uncle and was my legal guardian. I won't support him in his sordid business of cheating my people out of taxes and ....."Mystique glared at Marvin for she just realized that he might be thinking that she would do something to hurt a person who was very kind to her in her time of need.

"If you are implying that I am working for my uncle, you are dead wrong. I will not work for that demon man. And that is the best I can say of him. As far as I am concerned, he is only an obstruction to me and my kingdom. One that I plan on crushing as soon as I figure out how. I have been locked away for the last five years but I do know what is going on in my kingdom. I know more about my uncle than I wish to do so and he will be banished one day and I hope that the gods will show me the way to do so.

Further more, he has too many upstarts in his employ for me to do anything about. I know approximately the numbers and I will need my own army to conquer him. I will need many things before I can have my kingdom back. I need to know why he wants these artifacts and so much more. But I will guarantee that I will die trying to get my kingdom back and set everything back to rights.
The only thing that I can not do is to bring back those who he had killed or died in imprisonment.

Now please excuse me for I need to be ready to go when the Prince is ready." Mystique spoke in a hurt and yet very much harden way for she hated her uncle... no more like loath and despised him." Mystique dropped the ladle back into the kettle, turned and left.

Sean and Bessie was just walking up that way when Mystique walked by them not saying a word.
Bessie was at a loss for she never knew that her calm, happy Princess could be so upset that she just stood there dumbfounded.
Sean walked up to Marvin and spoke in anger for he hated to see the Princess hurt or angry. But he had seen her many times cry n her balcony when she thought that she was alone.

"Just what in the name of Hades did you say to Princess Mystique? She was obviously upset about something and you are the only one out here. Normally she is the most optimistic person that one can find." Sean asked in a stern voice that showed concern for his Princess.

The anger in the response told him as much as the words told him. He was able to get a much better reading of what type of person this princess was, and while he knew that she was not here as an agent, there was something that somewhat worried him as well. He could see that light within the young woman that would be trouble down the road. Not in any fight or any way she would stab them in the back, but he knew that personality of hers would naturally draw the prince towards her. That was his prediction, a woman who acted as she did would most assuredly attract Edward, and he knew that then she would have his support no matter what, and he knew that could cause problems in the future, but that could wait for the future. He looked at the other two who walked up to him.

"Well, I was seeing something nothing important," he said calmly as he looked at the two helpers of the princess. They were much easier to read, he looked at them and could tell what their ambitions were, which were to help their friend. He stir the oatmeal as he looked at it for a moment. "It would seem, that you have a spirited young woman you follow. I think that she shall need your support a great deal in the days to come. "I shall apologize to her in due time, I have my reasons for my questions, for planning and adjusting takes knowledge," he mused as he looked at the pair, "we are going to be leaving in a half hour, I suggest you get something to eat, and finish packing up your things."

Edward woke up about that time as he went about putting away everything that was his and packing up his small tent and preparing himself as well for the trip ahead. He whistled slightly as he packed a old tune that he had heard many time over the years from his parents. He was excited about this day, to go somewhere he had never been before, this was going to be a rather exciting and fun adventure, unlike anything he had ever done before. So the ancient town, there was a clue to the next place they would have to go, what they were after was unknown, but it was said to be an ancient relic that would prove that he was the true king, and thus he had to get it more then anything else. He blinked as he noticed the princess. "Good morning, lovely weather for a trip don't you think," he said with a upbeat tone as he smiled.

Back
Top Bottom