Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Mother's Trials (Tesora & Greeneyed23)

She smiled and then gasped gently as he placed her atop the desk and put himself between her thighs. Lord when had she become such a wanton. As a child she had been taught that the marriage bed was meant for creating children and not pleasure but even in the early days of marriage neither she nor her husband had cared about that stipulation. Sinful it might be but she didn't care. As his lips met hers, roughly and passionately, she moaned happily, feeling him lift her skirts and then part the bodice of her gown. As he tossed aside his shirt, she gave a gasp for air, laying back at his prompting and bracing herself, hands moving above her head to grip the edge of the desk.

"Roland," she spoke, her voice barely above a whisper. "Perhaps next time we can make love in our bed," she teased him, having no complaints about their situation thus far. She kissed him again, giving up on bracing herself and instead gripping his hair, kissing him roughly. "Oh please...please now," she begged softly, guessing that this time it would be no gentle mating and she didn't care.

He thrust into her with a growling moan, his hands running over her flesh, cupping her breasts, toying with her nipples, and dragging his rough warriors' hands over the softness of her silken skin.

His erection plunged deep within her as he kissed her lips with the same hungry fiery passion, then he broke the kiss to shift position slightly to lay full atop her and with that he began to thrust, as she had imagined, without the gentle pushes of making love, but now the wholly wild thrusts of a man who needed to be in his woman as much as possible, to see her pleasured by him.

He smiled as he slammed into her over and over, his eyes filled with that wild light that told her that this was meant to be like those times when they had been frantic for one another and had made love all over the small cottage they had honeymooned in, not stopping until they were both so sore neither could bear to be touched. He kissed her again moaning. "I am yours to command Elizabeth. As always."

As he took her, she cried out and then gasped as he moved over her, his rough and calloused hands touching her and driving her desire upward. She kissed him back just as deeply, parting her thighs wide and then drew back as he continued his powerful thrusting. "Y-yes!" She panted, crying out with each thrust, audible and loud as he continued.

"I'm yours as well Roland Eckert. Just yours. No one else!" She panted and then kissed him deeply before wrapping her legs around his waist to trap him there inside of her. "Give me another child Roland," she whispered then kissed him again, knowing what fertile ground her womb was to his seed. She had gotten pregnant so quickly with Catherine and then with Nathan. It wasn't to far a stretch to think she would not be carrying his child again soon. Being a wife had been her dream, and being a mother was her life's work and she wanted more children. Another boy, another girl. A little one at her breast. A child to look down on. Not to mention Catherine and Nathan would certainly enjoy a younger sibling she was sure. An only child herself, she wanted to fill her home with wee ones.

He grinned kissing her deeply his hands still running over her flesh as he thrust into her powerfully, spearing her with his length, his body tensing atop her as it tensed within her.

He growled into her neck then her lips as he moved them about nibbling kissing and licking at her flesh, needing to taste all of her, to know every inch of her at the deepest level. He would not pretend that he wanted anything more than to give her pleasure with this, but if a child were to come he would be thrilled. He loved his children and though he knew she would have miserable moments, he also knew how happy she would truly be.

Thus he thrust, his balls already beginning to draw up. as his orgasm began to pound at the back of him, urging him on to be let loose, he smirked. As fertile as she was she was likely already with child from last night, but still. He grunted arching his back and shifting to spread his legs slightly rocking off the balls of his feet and pushing off his heels to gain more force for each quick thrust.

His hands cupped her breasts firmly but did not squeeze, he was always careful to restrain himself from harming her, even when in the throes of passion, and let his thumbs draw over her nipples.

She gasped happily as he continued his constant hard thrusting into her willing flesh. "I love you," she whispered again and then kissed him again, brushing her fingers through his hair. "Mmm. I love you," she said again as his mouth went where it wanted and she felt every possessive thrust of his member. As her orgasm came, she exploded, screaming his name and clinging to him as if he were the only think to keep her rooted to the earth, her passage flooding with her essence, her inner muscles seizing upon him to keep him deep within her until he had reached his own heaven on earth. Perhaps it was blasphemy to think so but lord did she love the way it felt to be possessed by him and the sense of the world exploding around her in a moment of high ecstasy.

She shivered against him, nails digging into his flesh as she shuddered beneath him.

"And i love you Elizabeth." he pressed into her hands, then tensed as she tensed around him, clamping onto his flesh. he growled as she dug her nails into him and snarled as her tightness made something within give way with an audible pop. He thrust fully into her and with a growling moan flooded her with his seed, his body shuddering along with hers as his balls emptied.

He was odd in that he was all but silent the only sound his quickened breathing and his hissed breathing of her name as his orgasm came.

Finally he stilled and gently kissed her again then stood up smiling his fingers lightly fiddling with the curve of her breasts, then smiled more. "Well that was wonderful..." He moved his hands down to her back and neck and pulled her up fully as he sat back in his chair her fully in his lap. He pulled her into a kiss then let her lay against him as his head fell back his eyes closed. "You are so wonderful."

SHe could feel him reach his peak within her and closed her eyes tightly, giving a soft moan as she felt his seed enter her womb before relaxing her nails without her hands leaving his shoulders. It took a moment for her to regain some semblance of normalcy and then he was settling himself in a chair with her still atop him. She kissed him langerously and then curled up, giving a grin. "Am I? I was thinking the same thing about you," she whispered softly before kissing his cheek and then sat up a little, her slender fingers tracing his face. "I forgot what it was like to be completely possessed by someone..though I am serious about us actually making love in a bed next time," she grinned and then brushed aside a lock of hair.

"Tell me more about your time in the holy lands...You mentioned Ishim. Was Ishim a great friend of yours?" she asked gently, keeping herself in his lap, his erection still deep within her. She sat up slightly and then took the time to run her fingers over each scar she saw. Small one, wide ones, long ones, of varying shapes. He'd seen so much battle and death that she couldn't even begin to imagine what it must of been like. To face all that death and destruction and pain. How many times had he lain in fever in all those years gone between them. He was so much the same, but yet so different.

He kissed the tip of her nose, then nipped it lightly. "Darling you are far superior to myself. in every way."

He smirked watching her as she traced his scars. Oddly enough not one had made him sick...or at least not sick enough to stop him from going into battle.

"Ishim was my friend almost from the moment I landed. Then he became my trusted right arm in battle. Saved both myself and our forces many many times and I him. Often he was the only thing between me and a dagger or sword in my back. Yet I would still take you first. i was so proud that he both agreed to guard my holdings there, and I was able to name him Lord in his own right."

he smiled then kissed her again. "darling you have but to ask I will make love to you anywhere...but how am I to resist the most beautiful woman i have ever known or seen? My first, only, and last." He kissed her again, nipping her lip lightly.

"By the way...I want daughters. about eighty of them." he grinned. "I'm afraid Nathan would murder a brother in his sleep." his grin grew wolfish. Though Nathan had been on his best behavior since his father's return, clearly Roland had not missed his son's tendencies or humor, though he was joking. "I do assume you still want to fill this whole madhouse with children?" His eyes flashed at her playfully yet with sincerity.

His fingers lightly stroking over her arms, shoulders, and occasionally over the swell of her breasts. "You know I have heard of the many man clamoring at the gates for your attentions. must admit i cannot blame them. You are the envy of Aphrodite herself."

She flushed and grinned. "None of them compared to you. I was lucky when I first married to have a husband who would listen to me and treat me well. All the men who came clambering to the gates after your supposed death, wanted me for an arm ornament and all the money and land. By remarrying, I risked Nathan's life and I couldn't do that. Of course George, dear half-brother that he is, saw to it to send as many men as he could to my gates. And not just for my hand but Catherine's. She is still a child and lord willing she doesn't continue with her behavior. She's going to grow up to be truly beautiful and with any luck, spirited as can be. If only all men had a love for a woman with spirit like you do," she grinned and then kissed him deeply before brushing her hair back from her face and then sighed and kissed him deeply before drawing back.

"If history has a way of repeating itself, I'm certainly going to be giving you a child before the end of next year," she laughed. "I always thought how funny it was that so shortly after our dear Catherine's birth that I got pregnant from that one time. Lord...Nathan was quite a tumbler. He rolled and kicked and then decided to come early. It was a long process. Nearly a whole day but then he came into the world, screaming his lungs out, healthy..." She gave a grin. "I can say it was nice not having you break down the door of the chamber though I did miss your hand in mine to squeeze and hold. I imagine if I have another child you will be ignoring protocol and holding my hand all the way through it?" she teased him gently.

He smirked and kissed her. "Darling if history has repeated then I'll be sitting behind you holding both hands. No one is pulling me away from you again. Certainly not protocol."

He nipped her lips again his eyes flashing. "I just feel bad I didn't even know Nathan existed until I saw him. No one would tell me."

He ran a finger along her throat his eyes following it. He had always loved touching her, somehow it soothed him more than anything else. Their passionate love had been his world, well she had, and even when he couldn't have her in his bed, if he could touch her skin he was at peace. She was the light of his life in so many ways; his guide, his hope, his dreams, and the light side of he who lived so deep in the darkness of this world.

He smiled. "I do love you so much...and I still can't believe you chose me." He kissed her lightly and chuckled. "I may or may not be a good man, husband or father. But I am glad that I am yours and theirs. Our children are beyond beautiful... though I must admit Catherine makes me laugh. She reminds me of my Aunt Dorothy." Dorothy had been a notorious gossip but also adultress and black widow. Despite that Roland had adored her because he thought she was hilarious. She was so strange, petty and combative but always funny to him. She had even told Elizabeth off at the wedding. Not because of anything wrong or because she disliked Elizabeth, but because Elizabeth had not arranged for a lucky Elephant to be at the ceremony.

She had died not long after it had been confirmed that Elizabeth was pregnant with Catherine and had sent them several very fine gifts such as dresses, shoes, and toys for the young lady, but also a huge porcelain elephant that Roland had insisted on keeping in memory of his favorite aunt. It was actually in the corner just over his left shoulder. But his meaning of his statement was clear. Dorothy had been man crazy.

She laughed softly, enjoying the touch of his hand on her flesh. "Well I just hope she ends up like me and decides on a single man to love and fawn over for all of eternity," she murmured and then kissed his mouth gently. Drawing back after a moment, she smiled and then heard a knock at the door. "My Lord...Lord George is in the hall..." The voice sounded and Elizabeth recognized her as one of the scullery maids. Realizing that her older half brother was here, she sighed and then started to lace up the front of her gown. "Perfect," she whispered then kissed him again before gently getting up, giving a sigh as she straightened her appearance.

"I imagine that he is here to be a pain and see that it is actually you. I do believe he will show his annoyance. Especially since I was right in not marrying any of those men," she smirked then fixed her hair into something more appropriate and tried to right herself though her lips were swollen from kisses and her legs a quaking mess from her enjoyable tryst with her husband.

He smiled and gently lifted up off him, his still hard cock wet with their mixed juices. He sighed and closed his eyes and as if by will made his erection soften, then tucked himself away then straightened his pants and shirt. "I would like you to stay my love."

Roland had never really like George. He didn't like pushy people, and knowing what he knew now he especially was not the biggest fan of his brother-in-law.

He looked at her then checked himself stood, then told the maid to let George in, gently pushed her into his chair then grabbed another for himself lounging in it gently taking her hand. "Also....I want you to help with my meetings when you are free. You've been here. You know what is going on. I've been off playing soldier." he winked at her as someone in their family had made that accusation about the crusade.

She smiled and kissed his cheek before squeezing his hand. "I should be glad to do so," she told him and then turned her head as the door entered to reveal her half brother who looked rather annoyed. She could only grin. The only thing the two of them had in common was a father. Not to mention, with ten years between them, they had hardly ever been close though he did enjoy bossing her about as though she were still a small child and not lady to a large estate. She turned to the maid. "Bring some wine would you, Elen. Thank you," she said and then they were left alone. George inclined his head.

"I received your letter Roland but I find myself in a state of shock. You have, after all, been dead for a very long time...my sister has, of course, ever been the mourning widow..." He slowly sank down across from them. "I also heard tell that you tossed our good king out of a church....after landing a fist to his jaw..."

A loyalist to his core, George would follow his king no matter the immorality the man represented.

"Considering William murdered a nun and a bishop, it is best he received some sort of punishment. It is also worth mentioning that he meant to rape myself and my daughter..." Elizabeth said simply and watched George's eyes narrow at her talking and then he turned to Roland.

"So brother...now you are home...plan to pick up where you left off...ruling your peasants?" He asked then shook his head before fixing his tunic. As the maid came with wine, Elizabeth thanked her, leaning forward and filling cups for herself and both men, still feeling quite exilerhated at the previous bout of lovemaking.

Settling back, Elizabeth took a sip and then set her wine down. "You should be less rude George..."

"And you should mind your tongue. I speak with your husband not with you..." He said and she looked at him darkly, glad she no longer had to answer to him nor give Nathan to him to foster.

"Elen? Just water for me thank you."

He waited until George fell silent and Elizabeth had had her say . "he also likely would have raped my son. But yes George I am back and ruling my seventeen nobles, seventy nine knights, four hundred and sixteen skilled laborers, and my thirteen thousand four hundred and thirty five peasants. oh by the way my love we must remember to send a gift to the home of a Goodman Thomas and his family. they just had a baby."

"just water for me my love I don't drink anymore." he had never been found of wine or spirits anyway. he took his glass and sipped it. "Thank you Elen and thank you my love."

He was still sipping it when Elizabeth remonstrated her brother then George snarled at her. He set the cup down and Elen and her fellow servants all backed away. The master's face had suddenly gone very dark.

"George i will give you ten seconds to apologize. No one talks to Elizabeth like that. No one. She is my Lady and my wife. Now say your apology or I'll throw you out myself." Roland was much larger than George and easily the superior fighter but he didn't care. As he had said no one spoke to Elizabeth like that. The last person had gotten a badly broken jaw for his foolishness. And he was the king.

George looked quite shocked at the way the younger man before him darkened but decided to acquiesce. His gaze settled on his sister and he sighed. "My apologies of course," he said and then sighed, turning to Roland. "You were never so quick to anger Roland. Quite obviously war has changed you...of course my sister and her children's welfare are important...but angering the king as you did puts you and them at risk...his word is law...the pope might threaten excommunication but he holds the power in this realm. A broken jaw and a bruised ego. You have men but to go against the king is tantamount to treason. Are your honors so great in battle that any harm he might cause you be equal to martyrdom?" He asked and took another sip of his wine.

Elizabeth stood up, taking a sip of wine, walking to the fire and gazing at the flames for a moment before turning to her brother. "Excommunication will cause him to lose several allies. And by killing a bishop, he invites the holy army to his doorstep. King William, even at his age is naught more than a spoiled child who hates being told no. And you would have had me marry him if only to fill your own pockets and give yourself more land. Sometimes George you can be quite selfish," she said softly then looked away, taking another sip before setting her glass down.

George opened his mouth to retort before setting his mouth in a thin line. "Regardless, he is king and will seek to punish you," he said, looking to his brother in law.

"I am still not quick to anger. Save when people disrespect my beloved Elizabeth. Remember that George."

he chuckled sipping his water. "As for William i will point out that In addition to the murder of a popular Bishop in his own office, and the breaking of sanctuary, he also murdered a nun named Constance. the last of a very old family. I've received more than hundred letters telling me that while they may not actively help m,e fight, they will make it clear to William that they will not support him. no king rules long when hated by his people George. And with Robert and Henry watching him, they will start working with his few remaining allies to back them against each other. if William still sits on the throne by Hallow's Eve I will be shocked."

He smirked at the older man, looking down at him. "And in addition to the nobles of his own land, the entire Church, most of the peasantry, and a number of his foreign allies, William also pissed off several of his former allies with his wickedness. Raping and killing their daughters and sons does not endear him to their heart."

His eyes flashed. "So if he is foolish enough to attack me he will do so with the pitiful fools he calls a Royal Guard. they are lead by an old friend of your's George. Sir Thomas de Ruspby." Thomas was an infamous idiot and degenerate who was at best a fourth rate fighter. William liked the man because he did have a raw animal cunning for finding and collecting his playthings. Roland had beaten Thomas in a tournament when Roland was only 12 and still a squire, and everyone knew it.

"So what will he do? Exactly?"

George frowned and then poured himself more wine, deciding to forgo the issue. "Is there a reason you wished my presence Roland?" he asked and then glanced at his sister before looking back at his brother in law. He'd never liked the little snot. The only good thing about him was the land and title he held but the bastard gave his wife to much freedom. Elizabeth had always been far to inquisitive for a woman, and outspoken and more than once he'd wanted to shake her until her teeth rattled or shown her how to act in the presence of a man. Catherine was growing up to be just as outspoken and it was a shame he could no longer get guardianship of either of those two brats. Catherine needed a husband to guide her proper and not encourage her sinful behavior. St. Paul had said that let a woman be silent and Roland never had the good sense to enforce the will of St. Paul upon his wife.

Elizabeth settled back down by her husband, her glass sitting before her on the table between them and she daintily crossed her ankles before putting her hand on her husband's.

Roland grinned at George coldly.

"I didn't ask for this meeting George. I'd never ask for a meeting for the opportunistic bastard who was looking to sell my wife into sexual slavery, my children in what amounted to child labor camps, and I especially don't need to speak to haughty fucks who think they know everything."

His eyes blazed as he glared at the older man. "You really think I don't see those thoughts behind your eyes you arrogant shit? I have seen murderers with more spine and more honor than you will ever have. Pretending you ever cared about anyone in this house? You're here to try and claim your little piece of me, or my title. Just like always."

Roland stood and moved around the desk, silent as the grave but with speed. he grabbed George by the collar with one hand and hauled him up, lifting the man off his ass, then off his feet, holding him up at eye level easily. he hissed in a low whisper only George and Elizabeth could hear. "I know you think i am brute. an unthinking musclebound idiot. But I will remind you that i just outplayed a king in his own backyard. I ply to win George. And the only reason i don't beat your ass to a pulp is because you share blood with three people I love more than anything else. Now i want you to get your ungrateful, false, and conniving ass, out of here. and say nothing else. Because i have the letters."

The letters in question were the many many many offers that people had sent to George offering payment in his help in forging alliances with the powerful Lady of Salisbury, either through marriage, friendship, the marriage of her children, or simply by necessity. Roland had no proof if George took these, but the letters did indicate he had, but either way ti did not matter. Roland set him down, glowering at the shorter man. "be lucky i am not like your precious king. i do not bully...though I still owe you for all those lovely insults you heaped on me while i was gone or you thought I could not hear."

He reached behind him and grabbed a sheef of parchment and slapped it onto George's chest before walking away. "This is how i prepare for my 'family' George. imagine what i do for my enemies." The parchment held a list of every person George had meet for the last fifteen years, the length of their visit and the reason. Roland sat down taking his wife's hand. "Just because i was gone and 'dead' does not mean i didn't have my people working, trying to help my wife, and certainly not that i was letting anything of note happen with making records of it."

He smirked at the man with the same cold fire in his eyes. now it was George's play but Roland wondered would see the truth. He had no play. Roland not only had him checkmated but had also taken every piece he had, removed the board, and tied his hands. It was how he approached all battles. Cripple and blind the enemy, make him destroy his allies and himself, assure him of superiority and victory, then tear him apart piece by piece and make sure he never attacked again.

He did have mercy though. This was his wife's brother and children's uncle. "thank you for your concern George. I am certain that Elizabeth is most grateful." He looked at his wife. "Anything to add my love?" he smiled truly now and let her know, both with a gentle squeeze and his eyes that not only did he truly mean she could say anything she wished, even counter his own statements if she wished, but that her words and tongue were everything to him. her wish, her whim were his commands. he made sure George saw this.

Roland did not want a slave in disguise for a wife. He wanted a woman. He wanted Elizabeth as she truly was. And no one was going to prevent that. he kissed her hand but remained silent giving her the decision for what to do with George and in that so much more. His eyes glowed as he watched her and the servants about saw it and wondered at it. The Master was freely giving authority to his wife...it was unheard of.

George looked at him with a glare and then straightened his appearance after being put down. Elizabeth had watched the entire exchange and had remained silent, her anger growing at what Roland had been able to find out in his absence. Swallowing hard, she looked at Roland and then to her half brother before stepping forward. "George...perhaps it is best if you do not come back to this keep. I have no need for your pettiness, selfishness and social climbing. If you want to be a sycophant, go to court," she said. Her brother's face turned beet red with rage and he stiffened before curling his hand into a fist.

"You have no idea what you are doing Elizabeth..." He whispered.

"I do actually...I shall have James escort you our. If you set foot on Salisbury land again, I will have you put in the stocks or ensure you don't come back. You are my older brother but your place is at your estate, not here. I have a husband to look after me and to make arrangements for my children. And you can forget Nathan being fostered with you. Roland is more than able to train his son to be a proper lord..."

George glared at her before giving a bow by way of inclining his head and then strode from the room. As the door shut, Elizabeth gave a sigh and then settled down in her chair, closing her eyes and then looking at Roland. "Hopefully he foes not come back. He certainly looked angry," she whispered softly, brushing her hair back from her face and then giving a smile. "The children will be finished with lessons soon. We did promise to take them out with the horses got the afternoon..."

"I do apologize for not telling you my love but..well he is your brother. i didn't want to sever that. I know how much family means to you." he took her hand and kissed it again. "Forgive me?"

He sat back squeezing her hand and smiled. "Darling.... I took Jerusalem. No one can touch the rage I saw there. On both sides. And certainly no one can compare to the wickedness, the backstabbing, and other dangers. It was...horrifying. William and George are amateurs when it comes to such things...and Robert will never be king. He scares the right people to much....Henry is next. I'm certain of it. I just hope he is what he claims to be."

He kissed her hand again. "Oh i do apologize for manhandling your family My Lady. Would you like charges brought?"

This was a whole other first. normally when a family member was 'assaulted' the authorities would seek the nearest MALE relative and ask the same question. No one ever asked the women. Roland however saw everything differently.

He was utterly serious and would not be angry at her no matter her choice. he was doing this by the true intent of the law, allowing the nearest relative to decide, but ignoring the fact that she was a 'small weak woman." He never would understand why women were so despised here. They made the world run. He suspected it was the same old 'Eve brought about sin' line that the church and so many others used to demean women.

In the Holy Land it was much the same in many places, but it was also possible for women to be treated as something more. It often depended on the area, or the sect but many women held great power over there, without having to hide behind a man. It bothered him because his mother had been such a strong woman who had not let anything silence her. Even in death she had her influence. He was sitting right there around the books she had taught him to read, treating his wife the way she had taught him and his father had agreed to. Women were equal partners in life not servants you fucked. Roland would always be an outcast. he knew that. But the would never let that change him.

"Forgiven. And no charges today I think," she smiled and then leaned forward, brushing her fingers through her hair. She was still kissing him when the door opened and both of their children came rushing through the door. "Mummy, daddy, can we please go for our horseback ride!?" Catherine exclaimed and then giggled when she saw her parents kissing. Elizabeth drew back and laughed before nodding.

"I do believe that was the plan," she smirked to her daughter before standing and fixing her appearance once more. "Go grab your cloak little one. You too Nate then make your way to the stables. Your father and I will meet you there. I promise. And if you see Uncle age org, be sure to stomp on his tow," she smirked, giving each a kiss before sending them off, turning her head to look at her husband. "Best we go fetch our own cloaks."

He huffed. "you wound me madam."

He snapped and one of the servants stepped forward with their cloaks along with socks and boots for Roland.

He pulled his own, then helped her with her's before taking her hands and leading her down to the stables where the horses waited to be mounted. He helped his lady into her saddle then made his children laugh by getting into the saddle wrong, ending up facing backwards. "Groom!"

The man appeared and had to fight to contain his own laughter as Roland, quite seriously, made it clear that the horse must have been decapitated and stuffed badly because it had no head.

The groom gestured at the creature's head but Roland refused to look accusing the groom of tricking him, sending the children in hysterics now. The groom tried explain that without a living head no horse, even well stuffed, could support someone as large as Roland, at which point he thundered. "So I'm fat now?"

Nathan and Catherine were sobbing with laughter now as the poor groom backtracked rapidly and managed to convinced Roland he had gotten into the saddle wrong and to dismount. He ran and got the mounting stool while Roland glowered at him. The children were just starting to get themselves under control when the man returned and put the stool in place at which point Roland growled. "you've switched horses on me you trickster!! I'll have you in irons!!"

The man flushed and Nathan called out. "Dad would you stop playing around and mount up!"

Roland huffed. "Well i never." but mounted expertly and flicked a sovereign to the poor groom. "Thank you my good man." And with utmost dignity Roland set off on a quite slow step, making sure he was proper in every way, as was the horse, head high, tail lifting, and the rider's back straight as an arrow, his nose in the air, refusing to speak to the nasty little beasts that claimed to be his children.

This of course only made them laugh more, as did his threats of burying them in elderberry jelly and feeding them to elders. "They may have no teeth but it still hurts!" They could not stop now but Roland just went on, with his ludicrous threats, reminding them that as their father he could do whatever he wanted and just make more that looked just like them. They laughed still more knowing he would never harm them but rather enjoying how wild the plots were getting.

He was just going through how he was going to have them thrown over a mountain side while fastened inside a filled pickle barrel when he sensed his wife's eye on him and grinned at her. "It won't hurt them!.....much. It'd only kill them a little bit." The children were in tears of laughter again, barely able to stay on their mounts.

She shook her head at his banter and gave a soft laugh as he continued to joke with their two children. She could not recall either of her little ones being so happy. It made her quite content. She found herself happier than she had ever been. With a husband at her side, her children happy, it was the life she had always desired. She knew there was still much to talk about, much to consider. William was still a problem, as was George and she wanted to learn more of Roland's absence but that would come in due time.

"Daddy! You aren't ever going to go away again are you?" Catherine asked. "I don't want you to go away again," she said, moving her horse toward him and then looking down , her mitten covered hand brushing back her dark brown hair. "You won't...will you daddy?" She asked, looking back up at him.

Elizabeth smiled gently before looking forward, watching the passing landscape as they moved through the countryside.

"Only if you get uglier child." He leaned across and kissed his daughter. "Darling nothing short of death will make me leave you again. Ever. i do promise you that." he kissed her again.

"Same goes for you Nathan." He ruffled the boy's hair.

"And what of you dear wife of mine? Would I offer you the same promise?' he smiled but his eyes were bright as he kissed her, dong what he could to promise her despite her answer. He would not leave them, his world, again. Save by death.

"I hope you would," she whispered, letting him kiss her and then she drew back and smiled, straightening herself in the saddle. "I do pray you don't die on us to soon," she whispered softly before kissing him once more, much to the giggles of their two children. She drew back and grinned before turning toward the little ones. "What? You don't like us kissing?" she teased them and Catherine giggled.

"It looks funny..." she remarked and Elizabeth smirked. "One day you won't mind so much darling girl...but not for a very long time. You aren't allowed to kiss any man on the mouth until marriage. Do so and I may well throttle you, wee darling," she teased her and then grinned. "But it's best we get back to the keep. It will be dark soon and Jessica's organized quite a feast in honor of your father's return. Dancing and all. I'm sure you'll be glad for the celebration aye? It means cook's famous lemon tarts..."

Catherine's eyes widened at the mention of those lemon tarts and she nodded vigorously. "Come on Nate! Race you back to the keep!" she exclaimed, turning her horse like an expert horsewoman, despite being only nine years old.

Back
Top Bottom