Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

Aernir got out of the car and opened the door for Rayna. Before she even took a step towards the apartment, he placed his hand on her shoulder. "Rayna...look. I don't know what you did to make Luce that angry but please. For you own good, don't mess with her for a while." He told her as he looked into her eyes.

"Okay. I did not mean to upset her, but...there is a spirit that hovers around her. I think she is angry because it is haunting her, not because of what I said. Just like there is one around you, Yamato." Aernir froze as Rayna said his real name. How..did she..? Before he could even question her, she was walking to the apartment, making sure to keep her distance from Luce. Aernir just followed her. He really wasn't so sure it as a good idea to have her around. He'd have to talk to Wizard about it.

By the time they were both inside, he heard Luce's tantrum...felt it even through the occasional vibration of the floor. He looked at Wizard, sighing rather heavily. "Well, here's match that set off that explosion.." Rayna, the "match" just politely smiled at Wizard.

"Hello. You must be the third. It's nice to meet you."

"...Right," Wizard mumbled, rubbing his neck. "...So uh, what the fuck happened, Aernir? I haven't seen Luce this angry since we almost got her in a dress." It was never spoken of, again. Ever.

"I actually don't know what happened. Rayna just said two words, words I'm not going to repeat. It was pretty nasty..." Aernir shuddered..remember that day. Well...bits and pieces of it. Luce got him really hard in the back of the head, so he always had trouble remembering exactly what happened.

"I called her Little Doll." Rayna answered truthfully, making Aernir double take at Luce's door. Oh god, he hoped she hadn't heard.

Wizard's face went as pale as a ghost, and the punching stopped. He had never heard such...frustration in his life. Luce's door went off the hinges as she came forward, machete in hand. She was seething, a huffing, horrible mask of anger and rage and...probably other things that didn't end up anywhere but 'angry'.

"Fuck this," Luce hissed. "I'm going to kill her, I'm tired of hearing her shit mouth. Get the fuck out of my way, Rice Paddy."

"Luce-" Wizard said, moving closer...before he got the tip of her blade right to his throat. He swallowed faintly, her gaze was glacial. Shit.

..Of course she heard that. Aernir immediately stepped in front of Rayna, drawing one of his knives as Luce stalked over to them. Her face...she didn't even look like the same girl right now. He was going to get himself killed over this...and so was Wizard if he didn't step out of the way. "Calm down, Luce. Please. She didn't think you'd be able to hear her. Come on, I'd rather not get into a fight with you."

However, Rayna moved from around him. W..was she stupid?! Did she just want to die?! "I'm sorry, Luce. Aernir is right, I didn't think you would hear those words. However, he's laughing at you. You shouldn't let him make you so angry or he'll never leave you alone." Aernir grabbed Rayna and threw her back. Rough, yes...but whoever Rayna was talking about...apparently was the source of all that woman's anger. Whatever words she said..would not quell the emotional pain that Luce was going through.

"Wizard.." He began. Him and Rayna needed to back up. If Luce was going to fight..it would get ugly.

It was probably a good thing that Aernir moved her out of the way, because Wizard backpedaled the moment Luce came at him with a downward swing. Her boutique body had more strength than it looked, and that worked well for the heavy chopping blade of a machete. She didn't care anymore, Aernir was in the way and Luce would go through him one way or another. "Get the fuck out of my way!" she snarled. "I'll kill her! I'll skin her and use her skull as a fucking cup!"

Aernir was going to parry but he did not expect that kind of strength. She wasn't playing around. All he could do was hold his knife in place to keep her from swinging any further. He was at a disadvantage. One, he didn't want to hurt her. Two, she didn't give a fuck who she had to go through to get to Rayna. "No," Aernir would have to focus on getting that machete out of her hands...even if he did he knew he was going to get fucked up anyway. Luce was...well simply put, she was a tank. It would be really hard to stop her or over power her. "Wizard, please take Rayna and get the fuck out of the way."

"You fucking move her and I gut you too," Luce warned with a snarl. "Get the fuck out of my way, you goddam chink!" she said, lashing her knee out to slam into his gut. She would have her...she would see her bleed for this! Wizard was in no mood to be gutted, but Luce was like a wild animal right now. He didn't want to...he really, really didn't want to...but they had to subdue her. So he carefully edged to his computer.

He kept a tazer with him at all times, he didn't...really like guns. But his tazer could put a troll down.

Aernir wasn't going to fuck with whatever Luce was trying to do. He moved to the side and then attempted to sweep kick her while she was off balance. "Rayna, run! Please, don't make me beg you..." He shouted to her in the middle of his attack.

Rayna sighed and then turned her back, walking away from the fight. She wasn't moving very quick though. She really...did not understand the word danger.

She fell, but she was already recovering when she landed forward on her hands and flipped back into position. There, nothing between her and Rayna. Her hand gripped her machete tighter, and she made a full sprint towards her. She didn't really care about what hurt her, so she hurled her machete like a tomahawk. That bitch was going to scream, and nothing was going to stop her.

"Rayna!" Aernir shouted as he grabbed Luce by the shirt just before she threw the machete. Rayna turned just in time to she the machete hurling towards her and she threw her hands up in defense, attempting to cast a spell...but it didn't come up in time. She felt the Machete cut into one of her arms..and it went deep. She immediately cried out in agony upon feeling that sensation...it was pain. She had never been hurt before. Note like this. Blood started dripping onto the floor and she as crying. Crying hard. Not even the people who kidnapped her before had made her bleed like this.

Aernir grabbed Luce with all his might, his hands absentmindedly groping one of her breasts, but he didn't care. He was trying to restrain her. "Luce, calm down! You did enough, just leave her alone! She doesn't know any better!"

"Now you know how I feel," Luce spat at her. "Every day, when I wake up, and those memories come back. That's how I am, I want to scream all I day, because nothing I do gets rid of the pain. You've got no fucking right acting like you understand me, or how the world works. You should have stayed in your little cage, Princess. You think that hurts? You don't know anything. Next time you open your fucking mouth about things you don't know, it's going to be your tongue next." She growled, shifting off of Aernir's arms.

Fucking bitch thought she was too good for pain? She was going to be in for a literal world of hurt. It'd leave a scar, and she'd have a memory that she couldn't just fix.

Aernir released Luce and then rushed over to Rayna, who was on her knees. Light was shimering from her hand, but it was flickering in and out. Was she trying to heal herself? It didn't seem like she could. He picked her up as she tried her hardest to use her magic to fix things but..it wasn't fixing that wound. Aernir would have to stitch her up.

"Why..? Why isn't it working?" Rayna sobbed, and he could only guess she was talking about her magic. "Shut up! It hurts! This is your fault! Leave me alone! Leave her alone!" She continued on as she clutched her arm. She was...talking to someone. But right now it just seemed like she was talking to herself. But Rayna was mad...and he needed to get her to the bathroom...away from Luce.

Luce took the bloody machete off the ground, wiping the blood off on her tattered shirt. Good, maybe her fucking head in the clouds would come back down.

"...Luce," Wizard mumbled. "Did you really have to do that?"

"Yes," Luce said, turning to head back into her room. "Order a pint of blood, Wizard."

"...Right," Wizard sighed, scratching his head. Ugh...

Aernir took Rayna to the bathroom as she continued to whimper and mumble under her breath. She was still attempting to clothes the wound herself it seemed. "I think you should stop, Rayna. I'll do it for you." He told her as he sat her down on the lid of the toilet. He moved her arm so that it was over the sink, and then ran the water. Waiting for it to warm up a little, he reached underneath the sink and pulled out a first aid kit. "Have you..ever had a wound stitched up?" He waited for an answer, but there was only silence with the occasional whimper or gasp of pain. She was..probably mad. Doubted she'd want to work with them now.

Aernir worked on the wound, cleaning it first and disinfecting it..that machete was probably covered in other peoples blood. Then the minute he pressed the needle against her skin, Rayna screamed and attempted to yank her arm away. Oh boy...

"He is trying to help, you know," Wizard said, finally heading into the bathroom with them. "It's going to hurt no matter what, Rayna...just take a deep breath, and it'll be done sooner than you think." Not a mark on her skin, barely old enough to have wrinkles...she lead the precious life, being a mage probably made that even better. A corporate mage didn't have it easy...but he doubted she experienced the same kind of thing compared to the guys and gals who just had body armor and a gun.

"I can heal it myself!" Rayna shouted, attempting to push Aernir away. He would get really upset if she cursed him or something for this..but he doubted she could cast spells right now. She was in too much pain. Aernir turned his back to her, holding her arm in places underneath his as he started to stitch her up. Her screams started getting higher pitched, and he she was still trying to pull away even now. He had to wait for her to stop moving her hand to really do anything.

"Rayna, hold still and it'll be done faster!"

"No, you can't," Wizard said firmly, moving closer. "Otherwise, you would have healed it already, wouldn't you? Now stop your goddamn screaming, before you make your wound worse." And he thought Luce was being bad. "You should know better to say that shit when the first time is worse, Rayna. I don't know what your deal is."

"She should, but she doesn't. I guess when you spend all your life talking to spirits and not people who are alive, you forget this little thing called common sense." Aernir said as Rayna finally stopped moving her arm and hand. She didn't stop crying though. By the time he was done stitching the wound, he felt a massive headache coming on. Ugh, she had a really piercing scream.

Before he bandaged her arm up, he put some ointment on the stitched up wound, being careful not to press too hard against it when he spread it out. Finally he released her and then looked down at her with a grimace. "Rayna...I'm sorry about this but...honestly it's a consequence to the things you said. So I really hope you learned from this." He went to wash his blood covered hands as she continued to sob.

"I just wanted to help."

"...Luce isn't someone you help like that," Wizard grimaced. "...And you can't just go around airing people's skeletons out to the world to see, there's a reason that Fixers don't talk about what made them become Fixers. It's not our place. Let's just hope she's satisfied and not trying to find a way to kill you while you're sleeping." That wasn't really a joke, Luce would probably do that. She worked on her own clock and fuck everyone else.

Rayna was quiet for a moment. She didn't seem to have much to say for herself. "...Okay. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused." She apologized as she looked away from the two.

"Ugh. I guess for now she should stay in my room." Aernir was worried about that too. Luce was the type to hold a grudge, or at least she seemed to be the type. He doubted Rayna would ever get forgiveness for today.

"...Yeah, well..." Wizard sighed. "Look...Luce is...complicated, she's always about ready to hurt something...but just...give her a while to cool off before you talk to her again, okay?" he murmured. "We'll get you comfortable in the meantime, Rayna."

Rayna looked at Wizard and sighed softly. She wasn't sure how comfortable she'd be. The fact that she wasn't able to heal her own wound bothered her. Not to mention she still wanted to help Luce, but now she couldn't even get remotely close to her. "Why haven't you two tried to fix that? How angry she is?" She asked after getting up from the toilet. Aernir just looked at her and shook his head.

"It's not our place. We don't know anything about her. We've all got problems, Rayna. Sometimes we don't even want them fixed." He said to her, speaking from his own experience.

"That's not true. Nobody wants to be angry or sad all the time." She looked into his eyes, and it was almost as if she was accusing him, too. It kind of pissed him off, but...she didn't know any better. She really didn't.

"Oh boy..." Wizard sighed, hand running through his hair. "Maybe Luce was right...maybe this was a bad idea, Aernir. Last thing we need is a girl scout thinking she can make the world better." Even if nobody wanted to be angry or sad all the time, it didn't mean you could just fix it like taking a bandaid off.

"...I'm not going against my decision in saving her. We did that part, we got paid. A lot. She's free now. As far as her actually joining us, I don't know if it's going to work." He turned to Rayna and then almost turned right back around. She was giving him that look...that look girls did. It had been a long time since he saw it. Luce never did anything like that. "I'm sorry. We're just going to take it one day at a time. The least I will make sure of, is that you have a place to stay until the heat dies down from this. But that means you can't leave here so please..don't start anymore trouble."

Back
Top Bottom