Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

No rush, Luce said gleefully, her face illuminated by the crown shaped muzzle flash of her Peacemaker. Windows, concrete...bodies. The return fire was sloppy, she had her side covered by the van, and the wall was too high for them to do anything with. She had made a firing line of corpses. That was, of course...until she heard the rumble of a tiltrotor overhead, and glanced up. Ah, shit...that changed some things...

She dove into the van quickly as the minigun on the tiltrotor spooled up. It was a weird nose, sounding like a sped up sports car without a muffler as thousands of rounds tore into the roof of the van, metal screeched as she scrambled for her duffle and yanked out an underbarrel grenade launcher, clipping it onto the rail and loading in a forty-millimeter shell. They were moving in, clever bastards. Ugh, why were they doing this for some prissy bitch again?

Hey! You got that Princess, right? Tell her to get rid of that bird! I can't do shit with it!

Aernir heard the sound of the tiltrotor as well...fuck. He wasn't going to be able to do anything when the goddamn thing was firing straight into their getaway vehicle. He heard Luce through his commlink and he looked at Ashlotte..err Rayna. "I hate to ask you to work on a job you're paying us for, but.."

"Leave it to me." Rayna said, as an ominous dark cloud appeared right over the Tiltrotor. She needed to make the attack as natural looking as possible so this could be chalked up to a freak accident caused by mother nature. Just because she'd rather not have her parents blamed for what she was about to do to these men firing down at Luce. A massive bolt of electricity struck the tiltrotor. Aernir was completely dazzled...how could a person do something like that?

The tiltrotor went spiraling, and Luce moved out of the van with a wide smirk, forty-millimeter grenades in between her fingers as she loaded one up. "My turn!" she said as the aircraft tore into the house across the street, bringing it down in a scatter of flames and rubble.

twhump went one, landing against the wall in a shower of explosions and people scrambling for cover. She fed another one in, letting it loose to the second group of packed cars. The explosion was deafening, a orange fireball roaring into the sky.

Hurry up! Luce growled, shifting back to gunfire as she put down four of the straggling, wounded cops. Probably did them a favor.

Aernir made a beeline for the vehicle, Rayna still on his back. He only carried women like this because he could move much faster than he could if he tried to drag them. Rayna buried her face in his neck so she wouldn't immediately get recognized. Or maybe she wasn't used to so much blood in destruction? Either way...it felt nice and she smelled good.

Once he got to the van, he opened it and pushed her inside and then climbed in after her. "Ready when you are, Luce." He shouted out to her.

Luce slid into the van, shutting the door as a .50 Beowulf slammed into the interior and she shut it. "Hang on tight, princess," She said, shifting into reverse and backing out. There were a few cries of pain, but the tires seemed to fix that problem as rounds harmlessly slammed into the windshield and Luce spun the van around.

Wizard, give us some breathing room! Luce mumbled, picking up speed.

Scrambling what I can, you guys need to lose them before- Wizard started, but Luce snorted.

"Fucking think we're a bunch of losers, or what?" she muttered. They couldn't take the highway, so they'd go into downtown.

"What should we do now?" Rayna asked Aernir as he got himself comfortable in the backseat. He shrugged, taking out another cigarette. Eh, if it bothered her, oh well. He was a ball of stress at times like these because he couldn't do anything.

"We just wait. Luce will lose them. Good news is they won't try to blow us up or shoot at us knowing we have a hostage." He winked at her and then looked over to Luce. He wouldn't distract her right now...their lives depended on her at this point.

"If they remember, since you took out the chip," Luce reminded, taking a sharp left to speed down the road. "Might not be so concerned about that-...the hell is she wearing?" Luce said, glancing at the rear-view mirror. "...Come on, Aernir, seriously?" Leave it to him to take her at her most...vulnerable. "You couldn't have grabbed a coat or something!?"

"Fuck, that's right..." Aernir grimaced and then looked at Rayna. She seemed a bit nervous, but for the most part composed, even in her night gown. Damn she had some curves and..fuck. Luce noticed.

"I didn't have time to think about it..." Aernir told her, looking back at Rayna. "Why are you dressed like that anyway?"

"I didn't want to raise any suspicion." She responded, though her eyes suggested a far less innocent reason.

"Oh, gross," Luce muttered. "Don't tell me you actually want to fuck that skeleton of smoke and tattoo, do you? Is that some rich girl thing? Screw the lowest common denominator?" Sure was a rich guy thing, that was for damn sure.

Rayna turned towards Luce and just laughed a bit. "He's a bit more handsome than smoke and tattoos...but no, I don't want to sleep with him. I generally am always bathed and ready for bed at eight pm. If mother checked on me and I was wearing clothes, they would find that very strange." She explained.

"Finally, a woman who isn't grossed out by me..." Aernir muttered. Shouldn't she be more worried about losing the cops?

"Tch," Luce muttered. "Nag, nag, nag...sorry if you're not my type." she said, glancing in the rearview mirror. Cops were always coming, weren't they? A few turns and twists down into the city, and they'd eventually get into places that even cops didn't want to go. Too many people with too much firepower, the neighborhood they had moved into was probably one of the nastier ones in downtown. But the sirens were starting to die down.

Aernir began to relax more, feeling that gap starting to widen. "I don't really think you have a type, Luce. Between not wanting me or Wizard..wait...you like the really buff men, don't you? It's not like I'm that skinny..."

Rayna started to laugh a bit. The way these two interacted even while in danger...it was just amusing to her. Aernir looked down at Rayna and started to chuckle a bit too. Maybe that's what he liked about this girl..she already had a shitty sense of humor.

"The only men I like are dead and dickless, Aernir," Luce muttered, reclining back a little. "The only good man is one who keeps his dick in his pants. Or they're liable to lose it." Oh great, someone who would encourage his crappy sense of humor.

"You should relax, Luce...I keep it in my pants. Right Rayna?" Oh yeah, she was definitely encouraging him...Aernir loved a woman that laughed at any joke he made. He didn't talk much, really...so if she was going to enjoy what he had to say...well he'd talk.

"From what I've seen, you do on missions, at least. When you're getting shot at. Other than that, I think I'll reserve my opinion for later." She gave him a wink, and Aernir couldn't help but chuckle a bit. So she was one of those types..

I like her, Wizard grinned, she could hear it in his voice.

Good thing nobody asked you, Luce replied in annoyance, slowing the van.

Oh come on, Luce...way too much dick in this group, it'll be nice to- Yet again, he was cut off. There was a sizable group of gentleman standing in front of the way.

"Well, that's new," Luce muttered faintly, fingers tapping on the wheel.

Uh, not so new...looks like...Rayna's father has put a bounty out on us. Oh, good. That'd make the day go super well.

"What's going on?" Rayna asked Luce softly as she leaned up and saw the group of men in the way of their path.

"Oh, nothing. We just gotta deal with some more people. Your parents must have a lot of money to spend..." Aernir pointed out as he tried to make out what they were going up against. Ah, no mission worth this much money would ever be easy.

"Good ones, too." Luce mumbled, her right eye dilating. "I see a lot of tech in this bunch, they didn't skimp on the money." Huh, thought she knew some of them. Oh well, price of doing business. "We won't be just ramming through these guys...but we're safe in the van." That of, of course...meant a few complicated things. Especially, and most definitely...when an eight foot troll came out of the alleyway, cracking his knuckles.

"Ah, shit..." Still safe, but it was going to be bumpy. "Hey, sweetheart...toss me my bag, would you?"

Rayna looked at Aernir, and he truly wondered if Luce was talking to him or not..but Rayna obviously thought so. So he reached back and grabbed her back, shoving it in the front seat.

Rayna wanted to do something, but her spells did not work well in vehicles...even the ones that didn't come from her hands. She needed to be in the open air to do her magic. However, if things got dicey, she'd open a window.

"Trolls, big ugly fucks." She sighed, rummaging around to find the proper grenade before loading it up into the Peacemaker. "Even worse, people who know what they're doing. Ugh, this is going to sting." she grimaced, opening the door just enough to stick the grenade out. Gunfire was already pinging against it, but she still let the grenade fly with a squeeze of the trigger. It slammed in the pavement, and let off a giant roar of flame. She slammed the door, and then slammed the gas.

She hit about four people on the way through, and one who was burning to death was stuck on the hood as he screamed and squealed in pain.

"Ugh, that's not going to get out of the paint job..." she muttered, rounding the corner.

"I'm serious, Luce. Next time we need one of these vans with a bazooka attached and a Flamethrower. And we need it in black." Aernir told her as he finished off his cigarette. Well..she seemed to have it under control. He looked over at Rayna, who seemed to be very nervous. She watched everything very closely and her body was tense. Was she scared? No..she was looking for a way to help. At least, that's what he could determine from her expression. He placed a hand on hers, making her jump. "Hey, relax. It's under control, and if it gets out of control, you're not going back there, okay?"

"No kidding," Luce muttered, but it wasn't the end...not that Luce was surprised. Her eye dilated a moment, then cursed. A man at the end of the street, with a rocket launcher. Oh, for fucks sake!

Oh, shit! Luce! Wizard started. You've got all kinds of shit-

"RPG! Heads down!" Luce said, not that they had a choice, because Luce dove to the back seat with her arms down to force them to the ground. The impact was...horrible. The entire van jerked viciously, the engine block exploding in a ball of fire as the frame went tumbling and rolling. Luce did everything she could to wrap herself around Rayna, her body could take it...hers couldn't. Her body was hard and solid.

Aernir tugged Rayna down since she seemed to not know what Luce was shouting about. Though the next thing she knew, Luce was back there with them, and she grabbed Rayna protectively. Aernir did what he could to keep the girls from bouncing all over the place when the frame rolled. Rayna opened her eyes and looked at the two of them to make sure they were still alive. She was....but everything ached..her ears were ringing from the explosion....

"Shit...!" Aernir shouted, feeling blood trickling from the side of his head. "Are you two okay? We need to get out of here! What the hell....would they rather Rayna be dead than escape them?!" Or were these shitheads aware that they would protect her from the blast?

Ugh, that hurt like a bitch and a half...

"Stop yelling, Aernir...my head hurts enough as it is." Fuck, Wrench really did make some amazing vans. The frame was pretty much intact, but the front had mushroomed like a fat lady with a seafood allergy. She did a normal check, head, arms, legs, chest...all good. Then went to do the same to Rayna. She glanced around, spitting out a faint bit of blood. Her weapons had been scattered. But she was able to get her Peacemaker and her MAC-50 was still on her hip.

It took her a moment to get her bearings again...but they were on the roof of the van. That was...something.

"Princess, if you value your hearing...I'd plug your ears," she said, checking to make sure her rifle still worked. They were tugging on the back doors, this was going to get ugly... "Aernir, I go first...you go after, got it?"

"Of course.." Aernir said as he drew two of his blades. He then looked at Rayna. "Don't come out of here. These guys are idiots and they might hurt you..if you can help us long range fine, but...don't put yourself in danger, got it?" He asked, and she nodded ever so softly. However, she wasn't as helpless as either of them thought. She wouldn't just sit here and watch them die in front of her. Then again, she supposed they could handle themselves..but why wait around when she could accelerate the process?

She watched as Aernir got in position, taking up the rear. Why couldn't this just be a simple getaway? Of course that would be too easy...

The moment the doors were ripped open, Luce was like a lion on the pounce. Her Peacemaker roared thunder, the muzzle flash as long as the spot she was in to the door as the noise reverberated. Two shots sent a hand and a top of a head flying as she moved out, gunfire pinging against the van as she let loose with a handful of rounds, sending people scattering for cover. She moved fast, fast enough that people weren't quite sure what the fuck was going on.

Her gun rotated back on it's sling when she was close enough, her arm drawing the machete as she swung down, hacking off an arm as the man screamed in pain. She kicked him forward, bullets slamming into his body.

Back
Top Bottom