Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Flames of War and Passion (Razgriz x Ironic)

The creatures finally deemed it fitting to make their appearance, more than one surrounding her and slowly closing in on her for no means of escape. Her body naturally tensed into a battle stance, eyes enveloping in a radiant green that covered it entirely. Her palms clenched as glowing green orbs sparked to life, illuminating a neon green light source.

She was ready to take matters into her own hands until a force that was unknown at the time crushed two of the Zan'gi into a soupy mess. Out of fear, Kori searched around for another predator to make its appearance until Dvaro's familiar tone made its way into her ears.

"You have no idea how ecstatic I am to see you!" Kori jumped with joy as she scurried to get close to Dvaro, smiling in a weird sense of relief she felt. "Where's Khrelan? I'm worried about him..."

"Your guess is as good as mine." Dvaro shrugged to Kori's question. Kori frowned and she couldn't help but wonder the challenges that Khrelan was facing right now.

"We should go out and search for him, I have a bad feeling that this rain isn't good for his abilities. We need to hurry." Kori and Dvaro jogged through the mighty forest in search for their friend who was nowhere to be seen.

Where Khrelan could be, one could only hazard a guess. Unfortunately, the sun would set rather soon; and night-time was even worse for the jungles, forcing the duo to make for shelter. Dvaro soon found a large cave, deep and could feel no presence inside; a rudimentary investigation told them this was an abandoned den by some sizable creature, and it was here they would take shelter.

And though Dvaro had yet to know anything about this world, she had taken some of the good meat from the dead Zan'gi; though if she were honest it looked even less appetizing than the creatures themselves: It was stringy, slimy and had a rather unpleasant odor...But hopefully they could cook it and it wouldn't taste as bad.

"Princess...I realize that this is a game of survival, but just know that I will not betray you...At least not until we're out of this forsaken forest" she then added on as a joke, but she didn't realize it could easily be construed as a hidden threat. Adding on, however, she then said "I wouldn't worry too much about our immolated friend; he comes from a warrior culture, so I'm sure he's extremely adaptable."

And while the meat cooked, Dvaro then asked, "So, this new game the King is having us play: Are we to survive for a certain timeframe? Or try to make it back to the City?"

Khrelan too was holed up in a cave, a small fire sitting at his feet. Pock marks could be seen on his charred flesh, places where the rain had hit his skin and formed something akin to blisters. They weren't too painful, the power Verath could spare went in part to keeping His vessel intact and healing him.

"I hope Kori and Dvaro are doing well" Khrelan mused mentally, Verath stating "What matters most is that you are safe, my son...The Princess is a native of this world, and the one called Dvaro is quite skilled as well. I am sure they are safe for the night" Khrelan was sure Verath meant well, but he did not like trying to ensure his own safety...Even if Praoamia's Patron God was living within him.

"In any event, we must rest for the night and attempt to get back to the King's City. It is there that we will find the next answer to how we free ourselves from this bondage. Rest easy, my son, I will watch over you while you slumber" Verath then said, helping Khrelan increase the fire's intensity as the young Praoamian just stared into the flame, his mind awhirl with memories of his life before all this.

"Verath...O Father...Do-do you believe we will return home?" the young alien asked, uncertainty very evident in his tone. "I do not know...But I do know that we cannot afford to delay, and believe in me that I will do everything in my power to return us to where we belong."

Crackling, the small pit of fire continued to cook the peculiar meat as it was fixed upon a stick. Some of the slimy goo dripped into the flames, a sizzling sound emitted from the depths of the heat. The temperatures were plunging as the suns set over the horizon, the rain continued to steadily fall from the darkened clouds above.

The reflection of the fire could be seen against their irises, twisting and twirling just as their thoughts. At least Dvaro was attempting to bring a smile to their faces, though she was right somewhat. Soon their fates will be determined, and by the end of the survival games one will emerge victorious… perhaps all three would even plummet to death. Kori didn’t want to think about that right now, but it was a lingering thought that had to be occasionally brought up.

Kori was silent before responding back to the tiny alien, apparent that there was a lot on her mind. “There’s never been a time frame in the tournaments but I wouldn’t be surprised if father wanted to spice things up a bit. He’s going all out this year apparently.” A minor chuckle was provoked due to her calamity. “From prior jungle games the goal was to make it back to the city unscathed from death. This is a special round dedicated to worthy opponent. It’s more interesting since we’re not fighting each other but I know father isn’t too pleased with the lack of violence. So, I guess this is how he will get his satisfaction for now since we won’t cooperate too well with his wishes.” The girl twirled her stick of meat around to evenly cook each side. “I don’t even know how we’re supposed to cook this thing. Is it even safe to eat?”

Dvaro rotated her own stick about, her facial features seemingly expressionless. Kori couldn’t help but wonder what truly went through that enlarged mind of hers. “It may smell unpleasant and the texture is unquestionably unique but it is harmless to eat.” To prove her point Dvaro pulled the slump of meat up to her lips and took a reluctant bite. Her unpleasant countenance told it all but nonetheless she swallowed it. “It’s not the best thing I’ve consumed but it gets the job done at keeping your body up and running.”

Koriand’r couldn’t help but laugh aloud. “I’m sorry, your face just made my night.” She wiped an amused tear from her eye before taking her own bite. The hairs on her body protruded upwards, a look of pure repugnance distorting her appearance. “Oh wow… actually, the aftertaste isn’t that bad.”

Khrelan continued to nag inside of her thoughts, wondering how he was doing despite Dvaro’s reassuring words that he was okay. It didn’t feel right to be without him, especially not being able to search for him until tomorrow. Did he get anything to eat? Was he taking shelter? What was going on through his mind? “What’s troubling you, Princess?” Dvaro asked as the air was still for a while.

“I just can’t help but wonder about Khrelan. I know he will be fine, but I can’t shake the thought away until I know for sure.” Kori brought her knees up to her chest as she hugged them, her chin resting on her shin as she stared at the wall of the cave, watching the shadow of the flames dance to their own tune.

“I understand. We should try and find a comfortable position to sleep so we will have some energy in the morning and we will try and find our friend. Let’s hope we don’t run into any more serious trouble along the way.” Kori nodded her head in agreement before padding at the cold ground to find a somewhat soft spot to lay down on. Her arms acted as pillows as her tired body laid down, the thoughts still racing through her head about everything.

“Everything will be okay…” She muttered to herself before closing her eyes.

The night went on without event, the beasts of the wild by and large afraid of the fire that kept the individual parties warm; even then the rain continued to come down, making the forest floor slick and muddy as the moonlight filtered dimly through the heavy cloud cover. By morning's first light, the sounds of squawking and chirping filled the air, the warm light of the twin suns making the cloud cover dissipate and fade away. Leaving only behind a warming radiation that seemed to breathe fresh life into this forest of death.

Dvaro stretched and sat up, her spindly limbs aching all over; how she missed the comfort of her stasis tube. Padded and isolated, their whole colony could comfortably fit into half of the giant coliseum that the King had built for this spectacle of bloodshed, especially since no one from her world. Thankfully, the alien was not feeling any ill effects from the Zan'gi they'd ingested last night; must have meant they cooked it enough to be enough edible.

But she did feel different...Less constricted, something that puzzled Dvaro. A hand gingerly went back to to touch the top of her enlarged cranium...And she found no plate. Her eyes widened in surprise, before a wayward gaze saw the confounded device laying right next to her, small splotches of purple on the hooks that had been dug into her head. A small grin crossed Dvaro's face; this meant she could use her full strength again, oh how wondrous it would be to crush that bastard King for daring to imprison her.

But at the same time, she knew that she needed to play it safe; just because she was free didn't mean they were unprepared, so for now she would play the good pawn until they were more certain of their freedom. Looking over to the Princess and seeing she was still asleep, she then used her powers as a test: The hooks of the badge seemed to bend inward before the device floated back up to rest where it should have been. This way, no one would suspect she was free of her bondage, and she did still need Kori's help...And she supposed rescuing this Khrelan would be of benefit too. Strength in numbers, as the old saying went.

"Kori...Looks like it's morning and it stopped raining." Dvaro finally commented, gently shaking the Luimban's shoulder to help stir her awake; if they were going to have any chance of finding Khrelan, now would be their opportunity.

It didn’t take much from Dvaro to wake Kori up, those green eyes fluttering open on response to her dainty hands touching the skin of her shoulder. At first everything was blurry until she blinked a few times, the cave now focused within her irises.

She firmly placed both palms on the rocky ground before lifting herself upwards, first glancing at Dvaro before peering outside to see that her words were correct. The twin suns casted their rays on the jungle trees, small rays of light randomly scattered against the ground due to the leaves and branches prohibiting the casted light. “I hope you slept as well as you could have.” Kori rubbed some sleep from her eyes before continuing, “Let’s look for our friend.”

Kori hadn't even noticed anything different about her comrade, the device not even seeming out of place. It was a wonder if Dvaro would let them know of her regained power or not.

Today was going to be a humid day, sweat already causing her auburn tresses to stick messily on the moistened skin. The back of her hand wiped across her forehead, the accumulated sweat being rubbed off only to collect again moments later. “It baffles me how hot it can get.” Kori puffed out as it was hard for her to breathe while swatting away insects that tried to land on their skin. The jungle wasn’t too large but it felt like forever as they wondered around. Just in case they got lost Kori marked the trees with a slashed line with a sharpened branch.

“On your search yesterday did you happen to see any other unique creatures inhabiting this wilderness? Each year there’s always something new I haven’t ever seen.” As she chatted away an abandoned den came into view.

"As a matter of fact, I did" Dvaro replied, adding "This world is a veritable melting pot of creations, and I can only fathom there are so much more to be seen!" She seemed all too overjoyed to share this; and while part of it was a facade, the majority was true splendor at the different beasts of this strange world. "I of course, have no idea what your people call them, but they're marvelous! I saw a giant hunting bird, with a purple feather-crowned head and vicious talons, a wingspan wider than that brute Garda was tall! And it had four of them! Not surprising though, considering how massive its body was! And it had snatched this strange two-headed quadroped, right off the ground in large clearing!" And even though Dvaro was noticeably sweating - her own little space a carefully controlled climate at a steady, near constant temperature and pressure - she seemed to be holding up quite well. A benefit from the high surface gravity of her home-world.

Of course, Kori might or might know of these creatures, but nonetheless she had went back through own mind and recataloged every creature she'd encountered here. Yes, she would have a plethora of data to bring back to her people; and though it was likely that she wouldn't ever come back - her people weren't all that keen on starting wars, since it was a pointless waste of life from a preservationist standpoint - she had to wonder how this planet might change once she left.

Though she didn't get to ponder long, for soon shouting was heard; it seemed like someone was fighting. Another contestant? It just occurred to Dvaro that she had no idea if there were others besides these three that had been out here. "Princess...I believe we're not alone" the white-fleshed alien whispered; before long, a throaty but weak yell echoed out...And Kori would hear a familiar voice, but it was not Khrelan's.

"Princess! Koriand'r! Princess....It's me, Tresdin!"

"Oh, wow! I haven't caught glimpse of that creature yet." Kori responded with just as enthusiasm as Dvaro. Life in itself was beautiful and amazing, just knowing that something like that could exist was truly unbelievable. If the creatures weren't so threatening and dangerous perhaps she would try to befriend them. Twigs constantly snapped underneath Kori's feet that were covered by large leaves that blanketed the ground. It could bring misfortune if she continued to be so clumsy with her footing. The shouts were just on cue to her thoughts, thinking that she screwed them over until a familiar voice shouted in their direction.

...Tresdin?

He was running towards them whilst gasping for air that couldn't come to him fast enough. Three claw marks slashed at his face, luckily not deep but enough to cause blood to ooze from the lacerations. His attire was muddy and bloody, cuts and scrapes randomly scattered. "What? How did you...?" Kori didn't even know what to say to him, her eyes frantically scanning his body and his face. "I don't understand, why are you here?"

A snarling figure rustled against the branches, not afraid to make its appearance. Its long tongue flipped back and fourth like a snake, its eyeless face seeming to 'stare' at where the group were stationed, its nose flaring to pick up their scents. Though it was mobile on land it had fins protruding from its elbows and tail, being a hybrid of sorts for water. This was definitely one well developed creature thanks to evolution. This was what had been chasing Tresdin.

The trio froze, not too sure what to do or how to handle this beast. Kori tensed up and squinted her eyes, a large bolt of green radiating light striking the beast in the chest only to cause it to stand on its hind legs and wail a battle cry. Quickly to starting to charge at Kori, sensing who had been the enemy to cause the savage attack its way. Her hands welled up into fists before emitting a fire of starbolts outwards, surprisingly the nameless species dodging every blow before throwing a talon-like claw her way. Luckily she was quick to dodge just in time, feeling the wind of the force against her skin.

"Be careful!" Kori shouted as she continued to dodge blows, tossing her own attacks its way.

Tresdin was quick to try and dodge, the fierce creature known as the Yaui snarling and trying to get at the three tasty morsels. Even without eyes, it had a sense of thermal perception much like the indigenous serpents, the gill-like wrinkles on the top of its head acting as heat and heartbeat detectors. With this, it could track prey on both land and sea. Even as Kori tried to burn it with her starbolts, it was proving ineffective, the badge suppressing her power glowing with activity.

And Dvaro's was doing the same; though it was her own influence that was triggering the circuit, making it look like her device was still functional. She knew that before when she crushed the other creatures, the device's hold on her power was weakened...But further demonstration of this would only tip her hand, and if she wanted to make it out of this in one piece then she needed to play it smart.

Thankfully, Tresdin seemed more versed in war than his apperance let on; right as it tried to lunge at the Princess, the spear-like weapon he carried impaling the beast through the side of the head and lodging into the tree behind them. Flailing its body about, it tried to break free but was slowly losing consciousness, before long the creature's form falling limp. "Cursed Yaui....Thank the High Guard they're a solitary species". Tresdin muttered as he pulled the spear back, letting th beast's form fall flat.

"I believe the Princess asked you a question...One that I'm curious about myself." Dvaro then stated, adding "Much as we appreciate the help, you weren't in the tournament rankings the last I checked. Who are you....And why are you ou here?" At this Tresdin chuckled, "Oh, yes, my apologies. I am Prince Tresdin, the one the King spoke of at the beginning..." He trailed off here, turning his attention to his beloved Koriand'r. Even soiled in dirt and grime, she was still the most beautiful creature he'd ever laid eyes on.

"As for why I'm here? I'm here to show you both the way back, of course..." he then added on, stating "This madness has gone on far too long, Kori; I promised to get out of here...That is why I ask you this: Please, give me a chance. Let me prove to you that I can be your soulmate once we return to the City. If we show the King we can live together, I just know he will accept us once more!" Dvaro just watched on with interest; this man risked life and limb to ask for Kori's hand in matrimony? If that wasn't a surefire sign of devotion, she didn't know what would be.

For someone with his appearance it had taken both Kori and Dvaro off guard with his knowledge in war. Her eyes followed every attack as Tresdin slayed the Yaui, falling limp and lifeless to the ground as he retrieved his spear. After eating Zan'gi she couldn't help but wonder about the meat on the Yaui.

Koriand'r listened to what Tresdin had to say and couldn't believe her ears. "Wait, so you mean to tell me that you sacrificed your life only to help us make it out of this jungle? It makes no sense. Why waste any effort on someone who wouldn't even marry you, let alone embarrassing you in front of the entire kingdom? I am paying for that consequence right now, have you no resentment towards me?" The girl ran her hands throughout her fiery hair in a sign of frustration.

"I've loved you since it was official we would become betrothed." Tresdin admitted as he watched Kori act out, keeping a calm aura despite all the hell he had been through to have those words tossed out at him. "It is true that you turned our love down to the faces that make up our kingdoms but I know that if we spend some time together you will see the man that I am." He clenched up his hand as he pounded on his chest. Nothing could tear through his love for her it seemed.

Kori was finding it difficult with how to respond to his statements, all she could do for a response was nod her head and shyly look into the opposite direction. "If we are to go back to the city then we need to go and seek our Khrelan, he shouldn't be too far away."

Needless to say, Tresdin's lips pursed quite a bit as Kori brought up that immolated foreigner; he was a nobody from some backwards world that worshiped fire. She was a Princess and could be one again if she would just come with him...But he supposed he couldn't fault her; this tournament opened her eyes to how things truly were. How deep her father's cruelty ran, and he could tell the pain from that one alien's voice was genuine...\

But seeing her fret over a species that was so backwards honestly aggravated him, and though Dvaro could hear the mental bemoanings of the Prince, she chose to keep quiet. And even then, it seemed the Prince was willing to do anything to see his beloved happy, even if it made him seethe inside.

"Kori...I know that over this tournament, you and he probably grew quite close. So, if finding this Khrelan individual will help put your mind at rest..Then by all means, let us find him" he replied, though it would be inherently obvious that he was trying to save just Koriand'r herself...

For the next few hours they searched, coming up short; it seemed Khrelan was nowhere to be found. And though Dvaro wanted to help - believe her, she could sense the alien's presence quite clearly now - doing so would only raise suspicion even more. And she did not need to be targeted; better to ask for forgiveness than permission, especially in the name of self-preservation. Though they were unexpectedly getting closer, which made Dvaro sigh in relief a little.

"Koriand'r...Please, the time we have left to travel safely back to the City is growing slim. If we don't hurry back now.." Tresdin started to say, but soon heard it:

"Kori! Dvaro! Kori! Dvaro!"

"This way" Dvaro stated as she took the lead, before long they reached a clearing, seeing the burnt-looking alien standing before them. "Well, well...You're no worse for wear. Seems surviving is definitely a strong suit of yours." the white-skinned alien stated, to which Khrelan breathed a sigh of relief "Oh thank the Patron, I found you! I was worried I would be lost in this jungle for good!"

Koriand'r almost jumped with joy when Tresdin agreed to help search for Khreland, oblivious to his true thoughts though Dvaro could hear them perfectly. "I appreciate your act of kindness, it will not go unnoticed." Kori bowed slightly before him, her smile from ear-to-ear. They were off to search for their alley.

The search took a while more than Kori expected, but then again Khrelan was walking around trying to look for the group just as they were too. Tresdin wanted to abandon their search but Kori didn't even want to listen to him. A familiar call came out through the wilderness, Khrelan stepping out into view. Kori ran over to him, hugging him tightly as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"We are so glad to have you back! Dvaro was right, you sure do know how to take care of yourself. I was mistaken." She nudged Khrelan with her elbow in a jokingly manner, her smiling never ceasing. It was a close call, thinking that she would never see him again. Why is she having these weird feelings for him now?

Tresdin's expression grew annoyed, luckily Kori had her back turned to him and couldn't notice unlike Dvaro. She could sense the jealousy he was feeling, the endless thoughts that ran through his head in regards to Khrelan. He wished that the damn beast would have been killed already.

"Now that we are all here lets quickly go back to the city while there is still time."

Khrelan was a little afraid that Kori was going to burn herself; however, her delighted embrace didn't seem to overly affect her nor did she cry out in pain. Tentatively, his arms came around behind her as well, returning the affectionate gesture. And making dear Tresdin seethe all the more; how dare that cretin embrace his future lover in such a manner! Unknowing to the Praoamian, this Prince was quite defensive of his wife-to-be; after everything he sacrificed!

"Yes, yes...Well done, Khrelan. But I believe Tresdin is correct; we really should make for the City. I'd rather sit in an enclosed cell than be exposed to the elements like this." Dvaro pointed out, making sure to keep her unfettered power a secret. The only thing she would have to worry about is if it came off in her sleep; that would bring about a whole new set of issues if it did.

"Yes...Daylight is growing thin. We'll have to find a place to hunker down for the night at this rate" the Prince added; soon enough, they followed suit, running throgh the dense forest in an attempt to get to the City and resume the tournament. Unaware of what lay ahead...

The Prince's interference did not go unnoticed by the King; for such treachery he too would join in the games, but his family would not know that the King had intentionally leaked his coordinates to the other gladiators that made it to this stage of the competition. And soon three of them would make themselves known: The two on the left brimming with lean muscle and the last one chubby and stout. All wielding metal weapons, the Ironhand Berserkers were a fan favorite of the crowd for their tenacity and ferocity. Often reducing their opponents to puddles of gore and giblets. And in the second round of the Survival Circuit, they easily crushed the second Xeno Hive Myand'r had captured, their extreme regenerative abilities and massive strength letting them push through even the Xenos' acidic spittle.

"Oh...Look who got here. If it isn't Her Highess; real shame Daddy doess't like you, Troq. I'm willing to be if he did, slowly torturing you would make him squirm...And I want that bastard to for making us fight for his amusement!" said the shortest, sticking his sword out to point at her. Tresdin and Khrelan both stepped in front of her, the former replying "How dare you use such a foul term, filth. Retract it, or I'll have you skinned like a fresh-caught Gergi." The second-tallest one laughed, adding "Isn't that cute, Prince-y here doesn't like us badmouthing the woman who royally fucked him. You're even more of a Troq than she is, if you think coming to her rescue will make her like you anymore. Hell, your ugly beetle-ass for a face probably could even make your mother puke in disgust!"

The trio laughed in unison, before long a small ember forming on the smallest one's head; soon the wild tuft of orange hair caught fire, making him scream and run about before dive-bombing into the wed mud. "I know not what those words mean...But I can tell they're of an insulting nature. You dare cast judgment on something that did not happen to you...And you've done it to my comrades no less." then spoke Khrelan, the orange on his body starting to get a little brighter. "I give you this one chance to back down..." he tried to continue; however, the largest bellowed and charged, knocking Khrelan back with a single swing of his own club.

And from there it devolved into chaos, the scenes playing out on a large screen inside the arena using an array of crystals to project the images...The crowd whooping and cheering as they watched on, reveling in the battle.

Koriand'r didn't even flinch when the tip of the sword sparkled in her direction. In response she moved forward until Khrelan and Tresdin blocked the two apart from each other. They all were chiming in their two scents, making snarky remarks and poking fun with their appearances. When Kori was on the opposite side of this battle she thought that this trio was a funny bunch, but now being faced with them it was more annoying than anything.

"It's not nice to say something so crude to someone when you look like the shit you just stepped in yourself." Kori had to respond back to their heated comments, her face boiling with rage with how they spoke. They turned their attention on Kori until Khrelan spoke up, everything happening so fast from there on out. Khrelan was flung like a doll so effortlessly with a club that looked as if it couldn't do much damage. Her eyes widened, knowing they all were facing very worthy opponents. "Khrelan!" Kori shouted, her head whipping around to see where he was flung.

"Now, what did you say about us looking like shit?" The bulky one with protruding ears growled at her, his tail swaying back and fourth in a sign of aggression. He didn't have a weapon but his fists were bigger than her head. She wasn't scared though, instead she straightened her posture in an attempt to look bigger as her eyes squinted in distaste.

"I do not regret my choice of words, if you're so upset about it then come at me." Kori's eyes flickered that familiar shade of neon green, her hands clenched up to form two fists that would never compare to his.

"Stop it Koriand'r, let me handle this. I don't want you getting hurt." Tresdin pushed through to block her furthermore from the enemy, acting like a shield in her defense.

"Are you saying I can't handle myself?" Kori argued back, the trio disregarding their small argument and closing in on them. The smaller one swung his thick sword towards Tresdin, luckily dodging the blade but it was a very close call. A sneak attack from the taller one came through, his right fist quick to aim at his abdomen. It sent him down to the ground where wet soil coated his clothing. He gasped violently as the air was knocked out of him as he clutched onto his stomach. The plumper one raised up his club to shoot it down towards Tresdin but Kori interfered.

Using her calve muscles she would jump up from the ground at an alarming force, kicking the club out of the way before it managed to hit Tresdin and caused the dumbo to spin around before falling on his rear. "Woah, that was a good one you Troq!" He responded before laughing it off.

Needless to say, this fight was going to get a few people hurt.

As Kori might knock back the one that struck Khrelan, the Praoamian had recovered and joined the fray as well. Dvaro, meanwhile, indeed retreated; she honestly had such distaste for direct physical confrontation. And now that there was cover to shelter in, why not use it? Besides, here she could provide support in a different way.

The white-skinned alien knew that she couldn't utilize too much of her power, else the King - who was no doubt watching somehow would get suspicious. Still...She felt that she could at least influence one of them to start attacking his comrades. Soon, her brainwaves began flooding the air, a feeler technique to spot disturbances she could utilize to her advantage. Right as she tried however, she heard one of the three brutes shout:

"Oi, someone's being a little cheater!"

Making Dvaro lose her focus and her eyes widen in fear; was she found out? No, her deception was flawless! But then she felt a hostile presence approach and she quickly jumped up and away just as the one with the meaty fists split the heavy trunk she was using as cover in a single blow. "I could feel you trying to use your psychic abilities; I hate cheatin' cowards like you!" he bellowed, rushing her again and shouting, "But it won't work on me!" Dvaro indeed tried, but for some reason his mind was impenetrable and too late she realized that he was extremely close.

Before he could connect a blow, however, another strike came from his left and knocked the Ironhand warrior on his side. Standing there stood Khrelan, fist smoking with extreme heat and the brute possessing a nasty burn mark on his cheek, screams coming from him. The Praoamian was still winded after such a damaging blow; not to mention his badge still heavily restricted his abiilty. "Thank you, Khrelan...I thought I could..." Dvaro started to say, but Khrelan just replied "It is alright, but we must..." He could only stop as the one he punched finally stood back up, murder in hsi gaze and his cheek blackened and blistered from the heat.

"Fire Pit! You're dead!" the warrior shouted, charging in; it was here that Dvaro had a thought as her comrade began to 'dance' around the berserker, shifting his focus to trying to dodge the madman's fists. Visual hallucinations she would have trouble pulling off, but auditory ones. She then shouted to Khrelan "Blind him!" something the Praoamian did without hesitation. Right as his opponent's heavy fist came at him, Khrelan dropped to a knee and was given his opportunity: The warrior's face was now exposed, Khrelan superheating his hands and driving them into the psychotic male's eyes.

An act that caused the warrior to howl in agony, stumbling backwards and thrashing blindly for a few moments. "Wh-when I find you, Fire Pit, I'm going to enjoy stomping on your skull!" Dvaro then used her ability to make it sound Khrelan and her were talking somewhere to his right, his mental break having him charge again...Only to punch the sword-wielding berserker as he was about to strike down Tresdin, making him stumble. "The hell was that for, you fluhci?!" the other warrior shouted; to the striker berserker, however, he sounded exactly like Khrelan. "Die!"

Soon enough, the club-wielding one that was fighting Kori saw the carnage his two team-mates were causing and broke free to go assist. And within moments, they were fighting amongst each other, the chaos presenting quite an opportunity for them to escape.

Everything was escalating rapidly. One moment they were fighting their target and the next they were fighting themselves. Their intelligence certainly did lack in order for their blunt strength to surpass a high level. Something had to go down for another to go up.

Tresdin managed to catch his breath during the roughhousing, staggering to stand upwards as his abdominal area still pained him. There was going to be an enormous bruise left on him and hopefully the punch didn’t cause any internal problems. “Are you alright?” Kori asked Tresdin as she grabbed onto his arm to make sure he wouldn’t fall, scanning his face as it winced in pain.

“I’m fine for now but do not mind me, we need to get going since they’re all caught up in their own fiasco before it’s too late. We must try and reserve out strength. It’s getting late which means an entire new set of problems will arise once the nocturnal step into view.” He responded as he motioned for Khrelan and Dvaro to get going, jogging away from the trio that were recklessly fighting. Dvaro’s ability still was hanging in affect as well as Khrelan’s blinding technique which would be able to spare them plenty of time.

Hurriedly they dashed off into the distance, the brute with the sword noticing. “Hey! Get bac-“ The one with the large hands swung at him in the back, causing him to fall face-first into the mud and muffle his words. “We have to run, the city isn’t much further away, look!”

Tresdin pointed as the lights were sure enough coming into view. It was still far away but the glow was enough to give them a sigh of relief. They still had approximately 15 minutes before arriving. But that is if nothing else would get in their way. Bad luck always favored them, it was stressful.

“I’m so worn out, I am tired of fighting. My body has had enough.” Kori complained as she jogged with the group, panting as her legs felt like jello. That’s all they have done was trying to survive. It’s exhausting to be on your guard at all times, especially sleeping in not so comfortable environments as well as eating little to nothing, and don’t forget being sleep deprived.

The further they ran, the more the city seemed to get closer. True, the city was one of relative comfort, but only for those that knew how to act and who they truly served. Their King Myand'r was the only authority, the only source of power in this whole village and even most of the planet. At the very least, it seemed they would make to within the cleared areas of the City Walls. Nothing got past those and the King was smart enough to know that not everyone under his thumb was a warrior; besides, he still needed people to enjoy the Tournament and it would be a shame to let them all die.

When Kori voiced her displeasure of having to keep fighting, Khrelan could sympathize with her all too well and happened to notice that she looked ready to pass out. Without warning, Khrelan's lithe form scooped in front of the Princess' and helped hoist her onto his shoulders, saying genuinely "I'm here for you, Princess." Needless to say, Tresdin was a little displeased at the alien acting so boldly; he had been just about to the same thing too. "As are we all; don't worry, friend of Koriand'r. Your other comrade and I will watch out for anyone or any creature that tries to get in our way" Tresdin then chimed in, trying to sound convincing about his approval for the alien's brave actions. "The name is Dvaro, thank you kindly..." the white-fleshed alien respondedly haughtily; other comrade, honestly?

Night was quickly falling, and soon they would see the West Gate of the Imperial City, a regular battalion of troops guarding the entrance with what seemed to be a large number of other contestants at the gates. Seemed they weren't the only ones to make it out of that damned forest. "It's about time you all showe---Oh, Prince Tresdin!" then said one of the larger aliens, bowing to the smaller male out of respect; this was one of the guards at the Gate, who then added, "The King sent out a party to search for you, thinking you dead."

"Is that what he told them...Interesting" Tresdin thought, stating "Well, as you can see, I am alive and well...Now stand aside so Koriand'r and her friends can get through." he commanded; almost instantly the gates were hoisted, a slight smirk crossing his face as he thought about how at least with him she wouldn't have to endure those kind of conditions again. Though he knew Koriand'r would have to go back to fighting in the final rounds of the Tournament, unless she agreed to what he proposed next.

"Khrelan, was it? Do you mind if I...show Kori something?" he then asked, the alien retorting, "Show what?" The Prince just coughed, replying with "I wish to show her that I can get her out of this tournament...And if you're willing to help plead her case, I will gladly attempt to liberate your bonds as well". Dvaro knew, meanwhile, what he was actually planning: Take Kori away and show her what life outside of the Fighting Pits was like. Show her the life of luxury she threw away. Granted, she could hardly blame the man, he really was infatuated with her..But lying to them about it was just plain low. Naturally, she said nothing and waited for the Princess to reply.

“W-Whoah!” Kori hollered as she was unexpectedly lifted up into the air and placed onto Khrelans shoulders. She blushed, not expecting any actions to be taken with her complaints. “You fought just as hard as any of us did, you shouldn’t have to pick me up. It makes me feel bad!” Kori argued in protest but she enjoyed the warm heat seeping into her body. Her skin and heat went well together and as long his flames weren’t too powerful she would be fine.

Finally! The West Gates were here. It felt like years had passed. She did wonder what would happen to the trio back in the jungle. As they walked passed the gate, Tresdin proposed an idea that caused her eyes to widen. Could he really get them out of there? “I… I don’t know…” Kori muttered before asking Khrelan to politely put her down. She patted his back in thanks before gazing at Tresdin, biting her lower lip in thought.

If she would agree, then she would be saving her friends’ lives. It wasn’t much for the sake of hers now, but meaning that she could let Krelan and Dvaro get out of here would be amazing. Kori had a good idea of what he meant and that was for her to vow to him but it was too soon to tell. If it mean to cost her a tad bit in the long run just to save her comrades then she would be foolish to decline.

….But Khrelan. A bit of her was selfish and wanted him to stay here on her planet. They have grown a bit together during their struggles and a new bond surfaced. She wasn’t too sure what they could call their relationship but there was something there. Her heart hurt enough to think of him not being by her side. That amounted to something.

“I do not mind if you show me something.” Kori responded, straightening her posture as if she was preparing herself for the ride of a lifetime.

Tresdin was starting to get impatient, but he didn't let it show; though Dvaro sensed the rise in tension regardless. He was wanting to take Kori for himself, to leave them behind and have her love him and only him. Figured as well, and she wouldn't blame the Princess if she wanted to go; hell, she was just waiting for the right time herself to make sure she won this tournament and got herself a ride back to her homeworld.

Khrelan watched the pair, his voice stepping in, "Kori...I can tell this man cares about you. Please, go with him; if he does have something that can help us, perhaps it would be unwise to delay it." At this Tresdin smiled, especially when the Princess said she wouldn't mind. "Very well; unfortunately, you and Dvaro will have to stay the night in the cages again; I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's for the best...I'll have you both out in no time." Tresdin replied, leading Koriand'r away.

"You do realize he could be playing us, yes? I know you are far trusting more than you should, but we should be cautious." Dvaro rationalized to Khrelan, the fiery-skinned alien replying "Yes...He could very well be deceiving us. But we will have to play along for now, no matter what the case may be." And with that, the two were escorted back to their cells, this time Khrelan would be sitting amongst Dvaro's pets in her own massive cell. The competition was getting to its final stages.

And soon enough, Tresdin and Koriand'r were back at his lavish estate, being transported there by convenience of a shuttle-craft driven by a Luimbian in a clean-pressed white robe. "Koriand'r...What I'm about to show you, I hope you'll understand why I've been trying to get you out of that accursed tournament." he said to the Princess, "I do still want you as my bride, so I ask that you give me this night to show you that I can be the husband you deserve." Walking to the front door, she would see a massive pristine lake off to her right, the entirety of the property walled in so that nothing could spoil his private oasis.

The entrance hall was grand and splendid, immaculately carved from bloodwood that had a glorious crimson tinge to it, insets and accents lined the walls and halls to show his wealth. "This is just the first of it...Allow me to show you where you'll be staying this night, and where you might clean up should you so wish". he then said, gently takin gher hand and leading her to the house.

As Tresdin and Kori were off on their way she couldn't help but turn her head and give Khrelan and Dvaro and apologetic glance before continuing onto her own journey. "Does Khrelan even feel the slightest for me as I do for him?" She wondered to herself as she sat besides Tresdin, not talking much throughout their trip before they arrived at his place.

She listened to what he had to say as he showed her his estate, taking in the lavish aura and beautiful scenery. It was a nice change of events after being held in such disgraceful places. One thing that she did learn throughout the tournament was that wealth wasn't as good as what it had seemed. Sure, it was nice to be brought up in a rich kingdom but it wasn't worth it. She would rather live a comfortable lifestyle other than a luxurious one. Instead of saying what she had in her mind she commented, "Your home is very nice and I do want to thank you for taking the time and showing me around."

"I would wish to clean up." She interrupted him as her body was riddled with filth and dirt. It's been years it seemed since she had relaxed in the warm waters of a bath. Her body tingled just thinking about the crisp feeling. "If you don't mind?" She added on. Tresdin was a very nice guy, he truly was, and the amount of dedication he had for her was awe-inspiring, but that was just something about him that she didn't like. It was difficult to pinpoint it out but it was there and she could sense it.

Tresdin seemed pleased she was enjoying, not knowing what was going through her mind and how much the young Princess was rejecting luxury. "But of course, Koriand'r.....D'yin!" he then called, a lean Luimbian female with a head of cropped short hair and dressed in red servant's clothes soon appearing. "You called, m'Lord?" she asked, bowing out of respect. "Yes, please show Koriand'r the location of the washroom and help prepare a bath for her."

"As you wish" D'yin responded, motioning for the Princess to follow. The washroom, as she would see, would be just as luxurious as the rest of the house: The walls of finely polished bluestone, in the back right corner sat a large grey basin with a spout and twin knobs - one inset with a green jewel, the other a red jewel - on the opposite wall.

"Just a moment, m'lady, I'll prepare the bath for you" D'yin proferred, moving to start filling the basin as she utilized the knobs efficiently, the water soon steaming as she got it to a temperature where it would feel hot but not scaldingly so. "Lord Tresdin has already provided a variety of soaps and scrubbers for your use, m'lady. You should relax to your heart's content; I happen to know that supper will be ready before moonrise. If you need anything, I will be just down the hall." D'yin stated, giving her a bow and leaving the Princess to relax and enjoy herself.

Koriand'r followed the servant as they walked down the hall, feeling out of place for being treated this way after just being treated like garbage. She felt as if she didn't deserve to be treated like this anymore. Did the servants feel like trapped animals as she did in the tournament? They were more than capable of doing things themselves, why hire someone else to do it for you? That's just laziness.

The washroom was gorgeous, the sweet scent of flowers and cleanliness infiltrating her nostrils. She would definitely enjoy taking a bath, washing away the dirt that riddled her form. At first she was going to inform the servant that she didn't have to run her bath water for her but already she was on the task. Awkwardly she waited for the woman to leave so she could undress herself, nodding kindly as she departed. Sighing in relief she would tear away the old clothing from her body, watching as it pooled on the ground in a cluttered mess before she tipped a toe into the water to ensure it was decent enough to get in; it was.

Slowly she sunk into the waters, feeling the heat captivate her and send her into a stress free trance. Her entire body sunk into the depths, staying underwater for a few seconds before diving up to take a refreshing breath of steamed air. "I could lay like this for hours..." She whispered to herself as her arms extended behind her to rest against the basin. Closing her eyes she would rest for a moment before taking a bar of soap and washing her body gently, scrubbing away the darkened area's on her flesh and watched as the once clear water turn muddy. Her fingers scrubbed at her scalp, washing her beautiful auburn tresses, feeling the knots untangle from it.

When finished she unplugged the basin and stepped out of it, patting herself dry with a nearby towel before wrapping it against her body. "D'yin, may I have some clothes?" Kori shyly asked as she peeked her head out of the hallway, D'yin rushing to bring her a silky white nightgown that hugged her body and showed off her feminine curves.

"This is all that I have for now, M'lady. I hope it is good enough." Kori wasn't too thrilled on wearing something so provoking in front of Tresdin but nodded in approval anyways.

"I thank you for your help, D'yin." She smiled warmly before the girl bowed and left her to herself again. Kori changed quickly, throwing her dirty clothing and towel into a hamper out of courtesy. She brushed her long hair before taking her time to walk back to where Tresdin was located. "I appreciate you letting me wash up."

Unlike with the handmaiden, Kori would actually find Tresdin preparing the meal. D'yin was another rescue, something his family had argued against him doing since he was to be wed to Koriand'r. However...She was but a young girl about to be sold into a whoring ring, so instead he used his family's fortunes to pay for her liberation. Initially, he had thought to buy her and simply help her be set up with a replacement family, someone who was well off but incapable of producing an heir.

However, time went on and she felt comfortable enough here, so he offered to allow her sanctuary if she helped around the estate with various chores. Aside from the driver and her, Tresdin had always preferred to do things himself. Hence why he risked his own neck to go out of the city to try and bring her back.

"Ah, Koriand'r...You're quite welcome. I imagine it was nice being able to clean yourself off for a change, especially given the disrepair of most of those cells." he commented; having gone down to visit her several times, he knew that the conditions were nothing short of absolute squalor. "Now, please sit...I'll have the meal shortly ready." he then said, getting the fragrant and hearty stew to a low simmer in the chimney fire, as well as pulling off the roast Phyrian haunch. Seemed he was truly preparing a feast, for soon he imagined that she would feel more accepting of him.

And within a few minutes, the wide-berthed table was filled with food: Breads, fresh-dressed produce, wine and meats and stews aplenty. "I apologize if this is a bit much, Kori...But I just wanted to celebrate your triumphs in making it this far in the tournament, as well as show appreciation to you D'yin and Or'ith, for everything you've helped do for me." The young lady seemed to blush a little, her cheeks turning up into a cute smile "Ah, you're too kind, sire." The driver remained silent, only nodding his thanks as Tresdin served him and Dyin a rather large portion of the haunch, helping to carve the slices from the bone.

"Kori...How much would you like?" he then said as he got around to her, his smile one of honest joy at being able to have her here.

Kori was surprised that Tresdin was preparing the meal and not his handmaiden. It was rare, in fact she had never saw anything like it before. It truly showed a lot about his character and his values. It was admirable.

The lingering sent of the food caused her mouth to water in ways she never thought was possible. After eating the god-awful meat back in the forest this meal would taste like absolute heaven. D'yin and Or'ith joined them in their meal, Kori smiling in their direction in an act of kindness. She felt out of place here. Why did she even accept doing this? Regretful thoughts crept in on her.

"That was nice of you." Kori responded after his toast, grinning as D'yin was somewhat shy towards the kind words. "I would like a plate full, please. Thank you very much for the offer." She found it difficult to keep eye contact with him, her eyes wondering off in the distance as she spoke. It was rude, but she couldn't find the courage to fixate her vision on him.

After he kindly fixed her plate for her she nodded in gratefulness, carefully picking up her silverware before delicately tearing a piece of the meat and letting it rest upon her tongue. It felt as if it had melted in her mouth, her eyes wanting to roll into the back of her head in how good and savory the taste was. "Wow Tresdin... I had no idea how talented of a cook you were. I am impressed!" Kori's eyes widened before taking another heartfelt bite, a blissful sigh leaving her nostrils as she savored the juices rolling against her palate.

Tresdin grinned bashfully as she complimented his cooking; true, the men of his people were never seen doing the 'womanly' arts of housekeeping, but there was no greater pride in knowing one could prepare a meal to fill the belly with his own two hands. Plus...Who would want to risk having a chef poison the food? Still, serving the former Princess her share, he took his own seat again to let the dining room fall beneath the sounds of clinging wares and light chewing sounds.

"You flatter me, Kori. Honestly though, welcome to the homestead. May your time here prove relaxing and enjoyable." he then replied, taking a small sip of his wine.

"Korian'r if I may..." D'yin then started to speak, asking "I...I do apologize if this comes across as too personal, so please feel free not to answer...But the Pits...A-are they really as dangerous as they say?" She didn't know what would have happened to her; though her 'buyers' before Tresdin had talked about dangling her over the beast pits, ramping up their appetites so that they would become even more vicious than before...Hence why she was so thankful Tresdin did what he did. Even now, the laughter and casualness of their conversation rang fresh in her mind, sending a visible shiver down her spine.

Feeling only moderate comfort as Tresdin placed a hand comfortingly over hers, stating 'Now, now...The table is no such place to speak of such horrid things. This is a time meant to enjoy each other's company. To show that there is more to life than just the Cycle of life and death." D'yin smiled and nodded; of course, it was impolite to bring up such a topic at the table, but she was just so curious to know what it was like. Who knew if she might be in the same place as Koriand'r right now..Though given she was no fighter, it was almost no doubt that she would be long since dead.

Koriand'r listened to D'yin's question thoughtfully, pondering on a good response that left her silent for a moment. This may have caused a somewhat awkward feeling around the table and Tresdin interfered with her reply that was about to slip out. Reassuringly his hand was now placed on hers, but in a way she took it as if he had to speak for her. Immediately she drew her hand back from his touch, her eyes almost glaring at his irises before turning her head to D'yin.

"I do not mind telling you how things were during my time down there." Casually she said as if the topic never got dismissed. "During the first couple of days everything was so surreal. It was a wake up call from being used to living this type of luxurious lifestyle to living like an enemy awaiting his execution. Except, the execution was based on if you could handle yourself or not." She frowned, feeling a bit of a flashback of being down there haunting her, but she needed to learn from it instead of fearing it.

"Obviously the conditions aren't so good. You could see how filthy I was before I took my bath. It feels weird being so clean." Her hands rubbed up against her arms, feeling her now clear skin and ravishing the smooth texture instead of the grainy one. "I do miss my friends, and to be honest. They helped me survive and brought me comfort in ways I never thought was possible." Her lips pursed into a smile, just thinking about Khrelan and D'varo. She wondered what they were doing right at that very moment.

"So, the moral of the story I guess is that you learn new things and do things you never knew you were capable of when your survival is on the line. I kind of liked that adrenaline rush, but I don't enjoy ending an innocent person's life just for a sport. I can't believe I was so brainwashed and enjoyed it before. Teh. I hate my father for doing this."

Back
Top Bottom