Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love and Other Scares (Nadie x Horror)

ColorMeHorror

Super-Earth
Quimby
Outfit

“I dunno, I think she’s in class or something,” Rex shoved another spoonful of chocolate pudding into his face like a five year old. Sometimes Quimby could still see the brunette with his crazy tuft of hair a crooked teeth chewing on everything he could get his grubby little hands on. That’s what she got for growing up with such a dork. Quimby sighed and turned her phone of, which she’d been using to surf the web about hallucinations. It had been bothering her greatly that the apparitions--or whatever they were--she’d been seeing had started to pop up around their house and in places other than the college. At first she thought it was just stress from all her school work, but now she was beginning to think something was severely wrong with her. After all, seeing mutated figures crawling out of cracks in doors and appearing out of thin air was hardly normal.

“She always takes so long,” Quimby puffed out her cheeks and poked at the pizza slice in front of her. Rex snorted. “Yeah, because some people actually do their work like they’re supposed to.” She gaped at him from across the table, then tossed a black olive from the pizza at him. He caught it swiftly in his mouth like some kind of circus act. Honestly, she didn’t know what she’d been expecting. “Hey, I do work. Sometimes. It’s just that all my classes are so boring this semester because I have to get prerequisites out of the way. I don’t want to solve equations and write essays--I want to sing!” The whining would have annoyed just about anyone, but Rex reached over to where Quimby had laid her head down on the table and ruffled her hair.

“You still sing more than you do homework, sweetheart,” he snickered and ate another bite of pudding. Quimby sighed aggravatedly against the cool wooden table. God, she really hated college. The only thing keeping her going anymore was Rex and his new friend which just, coincidentally, happened to be her new infatuation. She was just so smart and funny and talented and beautiful and--she sighed again. Perfect. She was perfect.

"Shit" Evan muttered as she fumbled in her pocket for her phone. "What?" she barked into the device. "Have you gotten anything yet" A rough male voice asked. Evan sucked in a breath to keep her aggravation in check "No, just like I told you yesterday. It's going to take me a while to get the info I need" Evan said, clearly annoyed by her partners impatience. She could hear him breath out a frustrated sigh. "It has been nearly a month and you haven't gotten a thing. What the hell have you been doing?" Evan bit back her natural response. "Look, I can't just being the subject up casually. Say like "Oh hey Quimby, seen any monsters lately? or something simular" she countered. "I will need some time to get her to trust me. When I get what I need I'll get back to you" she hung up before hearing his response.

After hanging up Evan readjusted her bag and ran her hand trough her collar length black hair which in the right light gives of a blue shine. She had been dyeing her hair this color for as long as she could remember. Everyone said it went well with her deep blue eyes. After grabbing her guitar case from the ground she continued to her initial destination. She never wanted this assignment to begin with. However, being the youngest agent and the only one to pass for a student she had no choice. And now to make things worse she was starting to like the girl she was sent to gather information about. She told herself to never get attached to an assignment. But something about Quimby fascinated her.

Evan shook her head "No, you can't get involved." she said to herself. But then mentally countered herself as she walked. "Although, if I can get her alone maybe I can approach the subject." she mused then pushed the thought away as she walked up to Rex and Quimby, giving them a genuine smile. She actually liked the two. Rex was a goof and fun to be around and Quimby was....just the girl for her.

"Hey guys sorry I'm late" Evan said as she sat down next to Quimby. "I forgot my bag in the class room" she said with a chuckle, doing her best to act like a care free student.

If they only knew.....

Back
Top Bottom