Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Night...Forever Changed (Reydan and LingeringDesire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled at her as she spoke, enjoying everything that she had said. Letting it sink in. Marriage. Kids. A home. A whole life. With Keeley Frayne. Or rather Keeley Browning, nee Frayne. How lucky could he have gotten?

He climbed out of the car as well and was surprised when Maitlyn kicked up a fuss about her mother getting her out of the car. "Dadda! Dadda!" the little one squealed, pounding her fists in the air and fighting off her mother.

He frowned, reaching in to undo the car seat, and lifting the triumphant infant into his arms. She clung to him, pressing her little face into the crook of his neck and burbling happily. He looked over at Keeley and smiled. He knew she was mature enough not to take offense at the child's whims, but still....

"She only wants me, I think, because she's sussed out I'm a soft touch" he said, grinning at his fiance. "I've clearly send out some sort of signal to Frayne women or something! Like a big 'hopeless romantic' sign tattooed across my forehead".

He heaved the child in his arms, causing her to gasp and giggle, and followed Keeley. Despite the number of other people in the carpark, all heading to the Falls, he unashamedly kept his eyes on Keeley. Checking out her ass. Watching the sway as she walked. God she was delicious. He thanked his lucky stars that they had booked out the cabin for more than one night. As they waited in the queue for tickets for the boat-ride to see the Falls from below, he let her chatter wash over him as he wondered idly what it would be like to eat ice-cream off Keeley Frayne's perfect behind. He caught her eye, clearly having missed something, and blushed. Leaning in, moving Mait over to the other shoulder to protect her modesty, he put his mouth to Keeley's ear and whispered "Sorry. Caught up in the moment thinking about what I'd like to do with you on night two of our holiday" He kissed her ear, drinking in the soft smell of her hair, before withdrawing.

They were ushered onto the boat, sitting on deck in their lifejackets, Mait on his lap and Keeley between him and the rails on the side of the boat. He kissed her cheek, loving this simple family outing, and then jiggled Maitlyn. "Ready to go?" he asked the little girl as the boat roared into life.

Keeley shook her head at their daughter and her silly antics. She laughed at Matt's words, it may have been true, though she didn't see him as a soft touch. Not when he'd fucked her and walked away so abruptly years ago.

Excitedly she walked ahead, eagerness painted over her every feature. Of course, she felt his eyes on her ass and a peek over her shoulder confirmed it. It was sexy, and such a turn on to be so wanted by the man she wanted. She knew this was how it should have been. If only he'd realized it sooner, then he'd know about Maitlyn and they would possibly have her a sibling on the way already... dreams.

On the way to the kiosk for tickets she picked up a pamphlet on local attractions. One was an Old Mill Restaurant near their cabin. "Oh this might be ideal for an early dinner this evening, seems like their prices aren't bad and they have a lot of good options." opening her phone she smiled, "Online reviews look good... what do you think?" She waited a few moments, scrolling through the menu. She heard nothing, she looked up and stared at him. He was off in his own little world, Maitlyn people watching with her head on his shoulder on top of her monkey.

His words caused a blush to rise on her cheeks. Thankfully she was urged forward to the window where she bought their tickets and then moved to the area to prepare for launch. He was so lucky, curiously she wanted details about the plans... after last night and her lust filled desires. She was certain she could handle most anything.

Slipping onto the boat, the little family looked the part. Monkey was tucked away in a locker with the rest of their belongings. A simple key on a lanyard hung around Keeley's neck beneath her life vest. Maitlyn squealed and grabbed a chunk of Keeley's hair. "NOOOOOOO." She yelled laughing.

Keeley, untangled her tresses from the little ones hands and put them in a bun on her head. "Rotten girl.." She teased her, pressing little kisses all over her face. Turning her attention to Matt, she smiled. "So these plans for tonight... I'd like to know more, but later. I wish to enjoy the falls for the moment." She placed her sunglasses over her eyes and turned her face to catch the breeze.

"She is a little rotter at the moment" he grinned back, helping Keeley free her hair from the little one's grip. "Honestly you little devil child" he said, bouncing the little one on his knee to distract her from bothering her mother "What are your Mommy and I going to do with you?".

He looked over at his fiance and smiled. Stroking the little one's hair he leaned over and kissed Keeley tenderly on the lips. "I love you" he said. It was wonderful to be able to just do this out in the open, their little half-truth - acting like a family unit. Acting like they were Mom and Dad and a little one out for the day. "God how I love you" he whispered again, nuzzling his nose against hers.

Matt looked down at the leaflet in her hand. "I think that place sounds like a great idea." He turned back to the little one, now peering around at the other passengers, and tickled her vigorously so that she squealed with laughter. "What do you think terror?" he teased as she writhed in his arms "what about you? You coming to dinner with Mommy and Daddy?"

The Falls, when they approached in the boat, were more amazing than he could have guessed. Huge columns of tumbling water, cascading from a point high above them, and spattering the clear roof of the boat as the Captain took them underneath for a second. It was like he'd stepped into a dream world. Time seemed to stretch out, seconds into long minutes, minutes into hours and hours, as he felt Maitlyn gawp up. For once the little girl was quiet, awestruck by the sights and sounds, and he enjoyed the sensation of her clinging to him. Feeling suddenly jealous he half-turned, wanting to offer to hand her back to Keeley, but the little red-head was pressed up against him too, eyes fixed on the scene. Like mother like daughter. Matt Browning slipped an arm around her shoulder, drawing her closer, and sighed. He was happy. So happy.

It was a pleasant experience, she and Maitlyn holding onto Matt as they came into view of the falls. It was so loud she could hear nothing but the water rumbling over the edge. safely, on one side of the falls they moved just under the falls shooting and spraying water all over but not on the passengers. A bit of mist blew on her face and she smiled up at Matt as he wrapped a strong arm around her. She loved how safe he made her feel.

She was filled with joy too. The boat roared away from the falls for a tour further down. nature surrounded them and came to life. Deer and even a bear sipped at the water's edge. Maitlyn squealed and clapped her hands, to the delight of the other passengers. The little show off enjoyed being the center of attention as even the tour guide took notice and spoke directly to her at certain points. Her trademark "No," causing chuckles to rise up.

Once they arrived back on land, Keeley felt dizzy. The solidness of the ground after the jumpiness of the water was hard to get used to. Gathering their things she clung to Matt and moved with her family to the gift shop. Trinkets and toys, a tee shirt for monkey and Maitlyn and then a "family" picture with the falls behind them completed the experience for the trio.

Slipping back into the car, Maitlyn asked for a snack. "NACK!" she yelled, then giggled.

"Snack?" She had Cheerios packed, but was sure Matt wouldn't want them all over his car. "Is there a park nearby? I have some nibbles packed if we want to grab a quick bite, or should we head back for lunch then another outing or a swim?" Her eyes went wide... "Our suits... our suits are still on the deck..."

Matt was in seventh heaven throughout the day, even enduring the attention of the whole boat with good grace despite his usual shyness. This was just a perfect day. He mused in the gift-shop, Keeley holding his arm lightly but affectionately as she did her shopping, and picked out a little picture frame for their family picture. He also, noticing you could get the images printed off in the shop then and there, got a second one of the group shot and slipped it into the little clear frame of material inside his wallet. The three of them beamed out at him from the small window. "Perfect" he muttered to himself before kissing the top of Keeley's head.

They were just debating whether to stop for a "nack" when Keeley gasped out her comment about the costumes. He nearly lost his grip on the wheel he laughed so hard at that, gasping for air. He looked up at her, eyes streaming, with wordless mirth, before turning the car towards home.

Once inside he let Keeley fuss with Maitlyn and ran ahead to scoop up their costumes before, still chuckling away, meeting his ladies in the kitchen.

"Good God I love you" he purred to her, chuckling still more, as he sat next to her. "You are just....Keeley".

She wanted to smack his arm, but new that would do no good. He found it hilarious that she just NOW realized where their swim wear was. The drive was quick and short, arriving quickly. It seemed Matt disappeared before she could say much else. Maitlyn didn't care much, who got her as long as that person was willing to feed her.

Avoiding being latched on to as the child attempted nursing through her shirt. Keeley turned the girl face out and bounced her on her hip after a quick diaper change. "Into the highchair you go, Stinkbug!" she said. Then she cut up some grapes and doled out a few cubes of cheese with the already dished out Cheerios. "There is your snack."

She sat down and pulled her shoes off and stretched. After their long night in bed and a early morning outing she was pretty tuckered. "I'm glad someone finally does..." She murmured back, leaning against him only to hear Maitlyn squeal. "What does that mean?" She asked softly as she rose and threw their suits in the dryer to warm them up and dry them out. A family trip to the tub could be such fun, but Keel feared she'd fall asleep. She couldn't remember being this tired... at least not since she'd been pregnant with Maitlyn.

He smiled as he held her in his arms, swaying lightly from side to side, drinking in the soft smell of her hair.

"It just means that you've always been the girl for me. Even when I've been too much of a fu----dging idiot to see it" he said, glancing up at Maitlyn for a second, "I love everything about you. You know you were the only one who could always make me laugh." He turned her around in his arms to press his lips to her own. "Remember that time you got me thrown out of art class because you kept telling those awful knock-knock jokes? Or the time I almost had an asthma attack because you made me laugh so hard at your impressions of Kenzie?" He circled her waist with his strong arms, feeling the delicate young mother before him lean in against him. Perfect harmony. "It means I adore you" he concluded softly "thats all".

The next hour or so was taken up with feeding Maitlyn, changing her again (Matt's turn this time), struggling to get Maitlyn into her costume to accompanying screams of "NOO!" and, finally, slipping into their own and sinking into the pool.

He sat against the side, relaxing in the warm water, his arm around Keeley as he watched Mait paddle, finally content, around in her little rubber ring thing. Even though it was a small jacuzzi, it was still big enough to be an adventure for the little tyke.

"You made a beautiful little daughter" he said, holding her close, "you really did."

He sighed, content, "I want more days like today. With the two of you...." He was about to say more when he noticed her head sink a little against his arm. "Hey sleepy" he said, in a soft kind voice, "you ok there? Its not too hot for you is it?"

She let him rock her, it was so nice to have someone care for her for a change. Laughing with him, she knew it was true. But she'd been to young to understand it, even though she did know it. Keeley leaned against him, wrapping him up in her arms. "Good, as long as it's nothing bad..." That concluded that and they were off to their new task.

In the heated tub she slid carrying a wiggling and giggling Maitlyn. She loved water and this was no different. In their matching bikini's the duo posed with a smile before one swam off and the other curled into him. She sighed when he complimented her on Maitlyn, "I didn't do it alone... someone handsome helped." She laughed and settled again.

Her cheeks were red and warm, the water was warm but she was feeling a bit off but assumed it was only the late night fun and early morning hours. She jerked awake even though his words were soft. "I'm fine... just a little sleepy... all our fun at night is catching up to me..." She smiled up at him.

Maitlyn splashed, slapping her little hand on the surface of the water and laughing. "Mamma! Dadda!" She hollered. She gave Matt a toothy grin and kicked at the water. However, it seemed she knew something was up with her mother and moved closer, kissing her cheek and snuggling against her before wiggling away and floating back to the middle.

He smiled as she settled against him and grinned at the handsome comment. Although he couldn't help feel a twinge of jealousy at the thought of another man with Keeley. He pushed the thought away. No use dwelling on it now. It had been his own stupid actions that had allowed it to happen.

As Maitlyn pressed her face to her mother's and kissed her he smiled before, gently, pushing the little one away in her float so that she could explore the other side of the jacuzzi. A little concerned, he turned to face Keeley, cupping her little face in his hand and looking into those sea-green eyes. "Hey gorgeous" he whispered, kissing her cute little nose, "You're worrying me a bit".

He glanced back out at her daughter, giggling away, and added "Why don't you let me look after terror tonight? I can put her to bed after she's swum herself silly. There's a bottle in your bag ready to feed her. You could curl up on the couch and watch some crappy tv with a cup of tea or something. I'll take care of everything else and you can take a break." He grinned. "I think, having missed out on two years of raising a little girl that could have been mine if I hadn't been so stupid, you're entitled to cash in some overdue 'Mom's night off' tokens!"

With that he scooped an arm under her and gently lifted her out of the water and, keeping a careful eye on Mait as she rode the waves created by their movement, wrapped Keeley in a towel. He kissed her lips and then patted her bottom. "Scoot" he said lovingly "I've got this".

"I'm fine... I swear..." She mumbled, but her eyes could barely stay open. Maybe she was coming down with something. Keeley smiled at him, he hardly would take no for an answer. He sent her on her way, wrapped in a towel and nodding. "Breast milk is in the fridge, but if I'm awake... let me." She gave her blubbering girl a wave and blew her man a kiss, then she ducked into the house.

Cooling down she felt a lot better, but she did as he suggested. Taking a warming shower she washed off the chlorine and when she had dried off she lotioned up and slipped into her pajamas. Turning on the TV she found a show to watch while she heated up some milk on the stove for hot cocoa. Instead of using the couch she curled up in the bed and watched a cooking show while drinking her cocoa. It took her twenty minutes and she was out curled in the blankets on their bed under the thick blankets.

It took a long time to settle Mait into bed, the little girl loving the attention but hating the lack of her mother. She was confused and it took three stories, a lot of cuddles, and even a little singing (badly on his part and enthusiastically on hers) to get her to settle down for the night.

Matt returned to the lounge, expecting to see Keeley on the sofa, but instead was forced to follow a trail left by the blankets to the bedroom. She was curled up under the thick blankets, sleeping soundly, and he sat gently on the bed next to her after slipping out of his clothes. Wearing only a t-shirt and boxers he sat, admiring the sleeping form next to him. Her face was a picture of comfort and rest, eyes fluttering a little perhaps from some dream, and her chest rising and falling ever-so-gently. There was a little smear of chocolate around the edge of her mouth, a small smudge in the corner of her lips, and he reached in gently with a thumb and wiped it away. She shifted, slightly, at the touch, a smile creasing her freckled face but remaining asleep.

"What d'ya think Matty?"

The voice was from a long time ago, ten years ago, and he looked back, teenaged in his memory, to see Kenzie behind him. Looking back, he saw that the Keeley in front of him was younger, slighter, but sleeping as she was in the present. He was kneeling in front of her sleeping bag watching her.

They were at the lake. He remembered this now. Maybe the closest he had come to kissing her. Instead they'd just talked for hours and hours until she fell asleep. He knew that, without their parents around, Todd and Kenzie had been necking in the other tent, but now he could hear his brother's snores rending the quiet air. Kenzie leaned forward, placing her chin on his shoulder, and stared down at her sister.

"She's super pretty. And she's nuts about you. She loves you, although maybe she doesn't know it yet. I can tell. You should kiss her when she wakes...."

He lifted the covers softly, admiring the soft curves that motherhood had added to Keeley's slender frame. The pajamas were buttoned up but, far too big for her, he could catch glimpses of soft pale flesh through the gaps. She was, if possible, more gorgeous everyday. He slipped into bed with her, running a hand down her side and over the slight swell of her ass. He could feel himself growing hard but also his heart, filled with devotion, hammering away in his chest. He watched as her eyes fluttered open, nudged awake by his proximity, and he smiled warmly.

"Hello you" he said and, as if jolted on by the memory of yester-year, he leaned in and kissed her lovingly, longingly, on the mouth.

She was dreaming of him. The night he'd taken her to bed two years before. He pulled her close, kissed her and said he wanted her, she'd smiled and said I want you too. Their bodies moved in tandem beneath the sheets, she told him that he was amazing and he kissed her thoroughly. She gave him her virginity without screaming in pain, she thought they would be together forever afterwards.

Never had she thought she would get pregnant and have their daughter alone. Yet, in her dream it was different. He bent and told her he loved her, nipping her ear as he stilled his movements within her, she repeated it back. He began to move as he kissed her. When they finished he held her close and giggled late into the night.

Instead of the 'Oh, Shit' and run, she got breakfast in bed and then a healthy does of sperm to get her moving. Life flew by, she told him she was pregnant and he proposed... but the love was already there and so it changed everything. She woke after giving birth to Maitlyn, him holding her first with tears in his lovely eyes. It was such a beautiful dream.

--

Her eyes fluttered open, lovely chocolate brown orbs and she smiled back at him. Keeley returned his tantalizing kiss. Pulling back she whispered, "I was just dreaming of you... you never left, you stayed and took responsibility. We got to this point a lot faster in my head..." She sighed. They both had been immature and a bit stupid about it all. She should have told him and she should have made him stay. She sighed and gave him a half smile, "So how were things?"

"Fine" he murmured, sliding under the covers next to her. "Fine. I think she missed Mommy, to be honest, but you know what she's like - as long as she's the centre of attention everything is alright in her world!" He smiled. He did love the little girl. He really did.

Dreaming of him. Of them. If nothing had sundered the future they were meant to have. He looked into those large eyes, the curled lashes still heavy with sleep, and then down to her full lips. Keeley Frayne was gorgeous. He sighed, rolling onto his back, pulling her with him gently so that her chin rested on his chest. He looked into her eyes again and chewed his lip. "I love you Keeley" he said softly, stroking her bum through the pajamas, "and you've no idea how much I wish that little girl was mine. How much all of the last two years could have gone right for us, if only I hadn't been a dumbass." He was struck, not for the first time, at how quickly she must have moved on and had the fling that led to Maitlyn. The little girl's date of birth must have been around nine months after he left town. He frowned. Could he really blame her for seeking comfort in the arms of another, especially as he now knew just how she felt about him back then. The way he felt about her.

He reached up and brushed the hair from her forehead, smiling as her nose twitched at the tickling sensation. "Don't you think I wish things had been different?" he said ruefully, still stroking the perfect curve of her little backside. "I mean, I feel like I constantly need to make amends to you and Maitlyn for skipping two years out of our shared future." He grinned, tweaking the flesh a little with his fingers, and added "Don't you think I wish your dreams about me were a little bit more saucy rather than sad?" He craned his head up to kiss her again.

"Very true..." She murmured, her breast ached and she would need to pump unless Maitlyn woke up. Either way she'd get some relief. He rolled her with him, she landed on him and made a "oof" sound. Smiling up at him she batted those long curly lashes. "You do? I hadn't noticed!" She exclaimed with a wide smile. His hand on her ass was rather comforting.

However, his words took the wind right out of her sails. Her face fell and she was sure it blanched a bit. IF he only knew the truth he spoke of. If he only did the math and realized. She bit her tongue, holding back her info while her heart raced behind her full breasts. "I didn't mean it like that... Matt."

She swallowed hard and gazed into his eyes. "I love you and I never meant to hurt you, I want you to know that." She bit her lower lip. "You don't have to make it up to me... or her... already you've..." She felt nauseous for a moment. Pushing it away she continued, "Done so much for us... and we have all the future... ahead. Excuse me."

Keeley took off running for the bathroom. She expelled the contents of her stomach into the toilet bowl and flushed. At the sink she washed her mouth out with water and stared at her reflection. Pale, large brown eyes a bit dull. Her nipples had been sensitive and she was exhausted, but hadn't these been the norm? She gripped the edge of the sink and turned away from her reflection. No.. oh no, this couldn't be happening... not again.

She turned and stared at her reflection. Keeley knew she had to tell him, but one thing at a time. First, Maitlyn.

"I lo....." The words were caught on his lips as she suddenly heaved herself off him and, at a run, headed for the bathroom. He heard retching and then the flush of the toilet and was about to venture in to see if there was anything he could do. Was it food poisoning? No...they had eaten the same meals for the past week. He sat up, concerned, worried about Keeley. She had not been one for getting sick when they were growing up, always the little picture of health, and this sudden onset of nausea was worrying for him.

He swung his legs out of bed but before he could stand his cell phone began to chirp from the nightstand. Anxious not to let it wake Maitlyn he flipped it open to see who was calling. It was Todd. He frowned. He'd told his brother they were away for the weekend, escaping from it all, and had tried to emphasise the fact that he REALLY didn't want to be interrupted on this trip. Had thought Todd had caught the message. Maybe it was him and Kenz trying to ascertain if he'd popped the question yet. He slide the phone to answer.

"Hey doofus, you pick your moments I can te......"

His jolly tones were cut off by the clear anxiety in Todd's voice. His brother's tones were short and laboured and, he had to admit, a little slurred. The drinking hadn't gone away then. But it was what he said that chilled Matt to the bone. "Matt its Dad. He's back in the Hospital - we had to rush him there this evening. The Doctor doesn't think he's got much time left. I know you're on vacation but you need to come back now, the Doctor says, if you want to see him before..." his brother stopped and heaved a dry sob. They both knew what he meant. Then the line went dead.

Matt's legs felt numb as he stood. His whole body felt numb. Or more accurately was simply the absence of any emotion at all. He moved slowly over to the bathroom to see Keeley glance away from her own reflection in the bathroom mirror.

"Its my Dad" he said in a hollow voice "Todd just called - he's dying. I...we....." he didn't know what to say but pushed on, mouth dry and head buzzing, "need to get back to Hammond's Cove. Tonight." He stood there, poleaxed, just staring at her, all other thoughts gone from his brain.

Her eyes met his as he peered into the bathroom door. He looked ashen, did he realize what was going on? His words moved her to him. Keeley didn't touch him, not yet. When he finished talking she wrapped her arms around him. "Yes, we can head home."

"I will help you pack and the last thing we will put in the car is little miss. After a feeding she will probably sleep in the car..." She bit her lip. "God, Matt... I don't know what to even do."

She gave him a squeeze and then rushed off. Quickly she rounded up their clothes and left a set for herself on the bed before dragging the duffel to the door. Toys and items from Maitlyn's room were next. Keeley got dressed and then gently woke Maitlyn. The little one was not happy, but handing her to Matt made the little one a bit more tolerable.

Keeley finished with the packing and took Maitlyn back, "Can you load the car and I'll feed Mait, then we can get on the road." She settled into the front seat with Maitlyn on her lap and then tucked under her shirt. The child ate from her hungrily and eagerly. Keeley tried not to cry. She knew she was pregnant and that Maitlyn was Matt's daughter. The man that was dying was Maitlyn's grandfather, her Poppy. It was such a sad situation.

He loaded the car mechanically, his actions stiff and awkward, as he mulled over the situation. His father. With very little time left on the clock. A man who, over the years, had always supported Matt. Through all the stupid mistakes and over-eager decisions he had made. Had always grounded him. It was like a piece of him was being torn out and thrown away. He felt like throwing up at the churning emotions inside him.

The drive back was awful. Keeley was divine, an oasis of calm who let him know she cared in a thousand little ways, but he struggled all the way through. Once or twice he had to cuff at his eyes as the road ahead began unexpectedly blurry. He was glad, most of all, for Mait. She was oblivious to the situation and, after a short sleep in the morning, was ecstatic to be allowed to sing along to her cd. He found himself, for some reason, first murmuring the words and then, ultimately, belting them out with Maitlyn in the back. He didn't know what Keeley must think but the release seemed incredible, lifting his heart and giving him hope. He turned, at one point, to speak to Keeley after they entered their home state. "You're both too good to be true" he said simply, his eyes pricking with tears "too good to be true".

Finally they pulled up, that evening, in front of the Hospital. Kenzie was outside, waving at him as he pulled in and they jumped out.

"Want me to take her?" Kenzie asked, gesturing to Mait.

"I...." Matt looked to Keeley, then to Mait, then to his sister in law. He was all at sea.

She sensed it. "Go on, you go. Get inside".

He paused, taking Keeley's hand gently. Desperately. Feeling the engagement ring on her finger. He looked at her sea-green eyes framed by that red hair. "I need you with me right now" he whispered, kissing her tenderly but ever-so-urgently, before heading upstairs. He didn't know whether she would broach the engagement with Kenzie yet or what. Didn't have time to think.

He pushed open the door of the room. "How you doing Pop?" he said, his voice quavering, as he looked down at the pale figure in the bed, hooked up to tubes and machines. "You...y...." he wanted to crack a joke but, seeing his ashen-faced mother he couldn't do it. His father waved feebly and Todd, tears streaking his face, stood to hug him.

"He wants to speak to you. Been holding on I reckon" Todd said softly, before sitting back down.

The drive was nothing like the way there, though she did see a new side of him as he sang along with Maitlyn and the cd. It was refreshing but the instant they were at the hospital it all went away again. She hoped out, Matt grabbing Maitlyn in her ducky pajamas and all three rushing forward.

Kenzie took Mait, who cried out for Matt. Her hand was in his and she looked back at Kenzie watching them. He didn't care and pulled her into a kiss, her ringed hand going up to caress his face as they kissed. She watched him walk away, feeling Kenzie approach and Maitlyn grabbing at her.

"Mama!" Maitlyn yelled and tugged on her clothes.

Taking her from her sister they walked inside together.

"You want to tell me what that was all about?" She asked her softly as they moved, stopping her younger sister in the hall.

Keeley looked into her eyes and sighed. Holding out her left hand she whispered, "We're engaged..."

"OH. MY. GOD. Keeley!" She squealed, causing Maitlyn to clap. "Oh wow... oh you have to tell him! He'll be so happy." She looked at her sister's face, "Keel? What's wrong?"

"It's Maitlyn, she's his daughter. He doesn't know..." Keeley whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"Maitlyn. But?" Kenzie asked, looking very confused. "That means you two... oh my god... the party, you two.. and then Maitlyn... Oh Keel... oh shit... WOW!"

Keeley only shook her head. "I need Maitlyn to get back there... I need to tell him..."

She didn't know what was going on in the room, She just hoped she had time.

"Dad" Matt whispered, eyes stinging with tears, as he leaned in close to the old man, hearing the rasping breathing in his lungs.

His Dad reached up, putting a frail arm around his shoulder. Draping it there, really, not having the strength to actually hug his son. He said nothing but smiled and motioned Matt closer.

There were wires and tubes everywhere around his Dad, who over the past two years had wasted away to a shadow of his former self. His eyes were sunken now, tired and small in over-large sockets. Matt sobbed as he nestled his face against his Dad's shoulder, smelling the strange mixture of starch and cleaner that only came with hospital beds.

"She's your little girl Matt" he whispered, voice hoarse, "that little one".

"Wh..what Dad?" Matt said, unsure what his father was talking about. "She's your little one. Maitlyn".

He must be confused. Tired and confused and mixed up by all the drugs. "No Dad" he started to say, but his father gripped his arm with those once powerful fingers.

"She's your daughter. I know. I know" he coughed a couple of times "I know how you felt about the Frayne girl. You and she" more coughing "you were meant to be together. It could only ever be you." He patted his son's hand. "That little girl might be a Frayne in almost every way, but she's got a Browning smile. You must have noticed. I've held her enough to".

"Dad" he said softly, knowing the old man was confused "Dad, its ok..."

"Look after her boy" his father said and patted Matt's hand. "Be proper". Then his hand stilled.

"Dad? Dad? DAD?" Matt pulled back, looking at the glassy eyes and fixed smile.

"He's gone" said the Doctor in a quiet voice, checking his Dad's pulse. He heard his mother sob and turned to see Todd holding her in his arms. And then turned again to see Keeley at the door.

Keeley moved away from her sister, Maitlyn on her hip as she rushed. The nurses stopped her in the hall. "Ma'am, she can't go back there, only immediate family."

"Please, he's her grandfather...her Poppy and she needs to say goodbye."

"POP!" Maitlyn said, followed by "Daddy!" and a squealing laugh.

"I understand, but neither of you are on the list." The woman said, smiling at the baby.

"No? Well, it did just happen, but she's his by blood and I need to let her say goodbye... please, it will just be a second. Please?" Keeley begged.

"Just a few seconds..." The woman said and let her pass.

She paused in the door, hearing the news, frozen.

"Pop!" Maitlyn said with a smile, curious eyes looking up to Matt. She smiled and reached for him, "Daddy... DADDY!" Her smiled widened.

Keeley shook, tears falling down her face... She rushed forward. "Matt I'm so sorry, I tried to get here in time... I wanted Mait to say goodbye..." She whispered wrapping an arm around him.

Kenzie followed her in, embracing both her mother in law and her husband.

He seemed to be in shock. Maitlyn smiling and babbling at him and he just stared.

Kenzie whispered the news to Todd when their mother moved to the bed to kiss the cheek of her husband. Both sets of eyes lifted to watch the new couple.

Keeley couldn't help but watch and know the ache in her chest. She didn't know what she would do with out Matt. At least now she wouldn't have to find out.

He let her wrap him up in her arms and let Maitlyn, who obviously could not process what was going on, cling to him. The little girl pressed her little face to his, smothering him in messy kisses, and he clung to her and Keeley as a drowning man might to a piece of a sinking ship. He needed them more than ever. He breathed in, ragged, and let the tears come.

"Lets go home" he murmured "Lets go home". He put his arm around Keeley, not ready to let go of her yet, and they made their slow way back to the door. He thought, as they passed, that he saw something odd in Kenzie's eyes, a hint of something strange as she took in the trio, but brushed it off as nothing. He paused, at the doorway, and hugged his mother and brother. "We'll get through it" he murmured to them both although, to be honest, he wasn't sure who needed to hear that more.

"It'll be alright Matty" his mother said, reaching up to cup his cheek with a small hand, "we'll see you tomorrow. We'll talk through things tomorrow. The lawyer and the will and the...the..." she blew her nose "the funeral...."

"Come on Mom" Todd said, guiding her to the door, "lets get you back. You should stay with us and the kids tonight".

xxxxxxx

He sat on the sofa in his upstairs apartment and held a sleepy Maitlyn close to his chest. He was in his PJs and on the table before them was a half-eaten pizza and beyond that a TV showing some sort of comedy film. Keeley had, as always, been right. This was what he needed, even if he hadn't been sure about eating or watching or anything, really, after they returned from the hospital. He stroked the little's girls back, feeling her shift against him and nuzzle closer. He'd hardly let go of the child since they got back. He knew it was stupid and soppy but something about the little girl seemed comforting. He glanced over at the little redhead sitting next to him.

Keeley's eyes were full of concern and his free hand, not supporting Mait, was laced in hers. Fingers on fingers. He looked down at the ring on her finger and smiled. "Thank God for you" he said, leaning in to kiss her nose gently, "you always know what to do".

He sighed, rubbing Maitlyn's back again and looked over at the TV. It had all been so much to process. "I'm glad we managed to get here for my Dad's last minutes" he said, squeezing her hand, "even if he was a bit confused". He sighed, stroking both Browning girls with each hand, and smiled sadly. "He thought Mait was my daughter. I mean, yours and mine. It was sad. I mean, I can see why he might think that, but...." he shook his head. "At least he was happy at the end even if he didn't know he was talking rubbish".

"Okay... okay..." She whispered back to him. Watching him encounter this was so hard. She wanted to tell him, pull his head down and make him listen to her. But, she was too scared and not with his family. Keeley stood next to her fiance, silently giving him her support. Their news could wait until after the dust settled, Lord knows they could follow that with a few other announcements. Silently, she groaned.

At home she sat on the sofa next to him. She'd had him stop at the drugstore, she ran in and purchased a few things while he waited in the car with Maitlyn. the anticipation was killing her and she had to figure it all out. Notebook, pencil, pregnancy test, children's Tylenol, children's vitamins, Tums, chips, toothbrushes and hair brush. the clerk gave her a look as though she had lost her mind, but rang her up and cashed her out.

They ordered pizza and turned on the TV set. None of them really watched the show that was on. They ate pizza, Matt feeding Maitlyn in his lap. Maitlyn would take a bite and num on it smiling up at Matt. Keeley didn't know what had happened, but it seemed Matt and Maitlyn were now inseparable.

After a slice of pizza her stomach settled, she dove into the chips. Already she had figured out a budget for them and knew that they could afford the house, but she wasn't sure about school or any of the other things. She unpacked the supplies, wrapping the pregnancy test up in the multitude of bags and tucking it in the back corner of his lower bathroom cabinet. There was no way he'd find it before she took it the next morning, but she had to know.

Holding his hand she kept her eyes on him and Maitlyn, he had her so worried. "You do the same for me Matt so it's only fair." She said softly, moving in closer and placing a hand on Maitlyn's back. The child was out and hadn't even bothered with wanting to feed. It was mid day, but the rain out made it seem later.

Her head tilted, eyes looking confused as he said his father was also confused. "About?" She prompted softly. Her heart skipped a beat, Poppy had known. A soft sad smile slid across her lips, she was glad he knew deep down. She watched him, unsure if it was right to tell him like this. Keeley took a deep breath.

"What if your dad wasn't wrong Matt?" She asked him softly, her teeth biting into her bottom lip. She waited until he looked at her to nod her head. Tears welled in the brown depths, she prayed he wouldn't be upset with her and call everything off. Especially suspecting what she did...

His Dad was...right....wha....ri.....

His thoughts seemed to fracture. Everything crumbling into tiny pieces. He stared, glassy eyed, at her as his mind struggled to process the day. He was exhausted, running on fumes, but his whole body seemed now flush with a nervous sort of energy. He frowned. Perplexed.

Keeley was teary. Little pin-pricks of bright moisture in the corners of her eyes. He saw her little freckled nose twitch, trying to hold back a sob, and her white teeth gnaw on her red lip. Her little hands knotted and re-knotted in her lap.

Maitlyn stirred, hands tiny and needy. She gripped his ear, pressing a sleepy face to his. Wanting comfort from the suddenly still man holding her. "Dadda" she whispered in a tiny sleepy voice "Dadda"

He stood, mechanically, every fibre of his being weirdly tired and energised at the same time. He lifted Maitlyn, with tender care, and carried her through to where her crib stood. Gently, he placed the little girl in the crib and tucked her in. Her hands reached out, imploringly, and he scooped up the little teddy and handed it back to her. Little arms wrapped around it and held it close. He looked down at her. She was his child. His daughter. His heart beat faster.

Matt returned and, wordlessly, knelt down before Keeley. Before she could react he scooped her into his arms and, with the exact same care as he had with Maitlyn, carried her through to their bedroom. Before he even had her up in his arms his lips were pressed to hers, tongue tracing the delicate line of her lips. He placed her on the bed and, still silent and tender, tugged off his pajamas. He was stiff and hard for her, he didn't know why, but he needed her. Needed her desperately. He crawled onto the bed, pressing her back before him, kissing her passionately. His hands met hers and they tugged off her top together, his lips instantly chasing her pulse down her throat and onto the maternal swell of her breasts once they were free. He tangled his hands in the waistband of her trousers, unable to say anything, but eyes deep on hers. He needed her. Needed her physically. He tried, with every scrap of his being, to convey that to her.

Biting her lip she watched him, it broke her heart to know this could be their final moments together. She suspected there was another child growing within her womb, another gift from the man she loved with every fiber of her being. But, there could only be so many shocks in one day. he held their daughter close and rose, Keeley wasn't certain what he was doing but she was not scared he would hurt Maitlyn.

She knew the only way he would hurt them is by leaving them. She buried her face in her hands, silent sobs wracking her body as he put the little one down for a nap. She knew he was back, but she couldn't look him in the eye because she was so ashamed. She wanted to say something, beg him not to break her heart.

But, his lips pressed to hers silencing any words. Her mouth opened to him, tongue touching his tentatively. She was confused but wasn't about to push him away.

When she was placed on the bed, lips abruptly parting she sat panting watching him. Her fingers lifted to dry her face as she watched him drag his pajama pants off his body. Keeley saw his cock standing proud and hard, so very hard there before her. Her pussy fluttered, she was nervous.

Pressing back to the mattress her lips found his, hands lifting and stroking his chest and then his cock. She moaned and helped him remove her clothing as well. She was panting and moaning as he slid his lips along her throat and down to her full breasts. Their eyes met, so many things unspoken between them but fueled by need nothing was vocalized except moans and grunts.

Soon she was bare and guiding him to her. Lips pressing soft kisses to his skin as her legs wrapped about him, waiting for him to have her. She was confused, slightly mesmerized and all too curious about what all of this meant for them. However, her desire for him and need to feel him spurred her on. her small hand grasped him and rubbed the head of his cock along her bare folds, parting the flesh and guiding him to her entrance. her fingers left him there, rising to caress his neck and draw his head down for a kiss. Her eyes begged forgiveness.

He felt her guide him into her, her eyes confused and alarmed but her grip and her gentle actions encouraging and caring. He was a mess, a hot mess. A jangle of emotions and conflicted feelings. But he needed Keeley Frayne. Had realised, ever since he moved back to Hammond's Cove, that all he had ever needed in his life had been here. All along. A little bundle of quiet red-hair, freckles, soft curves, tinkling laughter, emotions, intellect, and passion.

"I loved you for so long" he gasped, his voice sounding strange after the hours of silence "So long".

He slid into her, her pussy welcoming his cock. She was tight but wet, gripping his shaft, and he felt the soft embrace of her hips and thighs as she moved against him. She kept pulling him into kiss her, little fingers tangled in the stray hairs of his nape, and he kept talking whenever they broke the kiss for air.

"Ever since we were small I think. I've always loved you Keeley. There was never another girl. Never even the thought of another girl".

Their movements were tender, careful and loving, rather than the more passionate and wild sex of their first encounters since reconnecting. He wasn't fucking her. She wasn't humping him desperately. They weren't drunk or hazed with lust or anything like that. Matt Browning and Keeley Frayne were making love. The bed creaked soft beneath them.

"I think ever since you held my hand in the movie theatre when we were twelve I've loved you" he said, memories flooding back as if the room was a swirl of energy. Past moments resurfacing at this moment of connection. "I doodled your name in so many notebooks. Carved it in so many tree trunks."

He was deep inside her now, could feel her need. She kept trying to press up against his, rise up from the bed with her back arching as if she was somehow supplicating herself before him. But he didn't need it. Didn't need her apologetic movements. For he worshiped Keeley Frayne. Every move in that bed between them was an act of devotion on his part.

His lips found her throat, tongue caressing the hollow as her felt the breath rise and fall ragged within her chest. Her fingers were tighter in his hair.

"That little girl is mine isn't she?" he asked of her skin. His lips found the top of her breast now, nose pressed to her shoulder, beard scraping lightly on her skin. "And inside you is another child. Or at least you think?"

He was harder, if possible, thicker and more aroused at the thought. He pressed deeper into her, their movements still caring and passionate but now more urgent.

"I'll love all three of you till the day I die Keeley Frayne" he said, catching those sea-green eyes. "I'll never let you go".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom