Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Super vs Super: Who would win? JOHN CONSTANTINE VS DR. STRANGE

Who would win in a fight to the death? Constantine or Strange?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Super vs Super: Who would win? BATMAN VS IRON MAN

It's a fair question, we are dealing with two genius inventor billionaires after all. Iron man wouldn't be an easy fight for old Bruce but I see him pulling out ahead in the end. Though some might argue that Tony Stark's suit gives him the edge, but Batman has made similar suits himself in the past, and he has faced stronger foes than Iron Man before. I'd say its a pretty equal fight though..

RE: Super vs Super: Who would win? BATMAN VS IRON MAN

Batman is an extrodinary man, who has access to some very advanced and sophisticated technology. Utilizing his fortune, intelligence, training, and equipment, Batman can even be a threat to the great and powerful Superman. He always has the right tool for the right job, and some writers portray him as being many steps ahead of anyone else in terms of tactics and strategy. In pop culture, if Batman has time to prepare, then Batman will always win.

I just don't think so.

He's great, sure, but he's not unbeatable. If you've read as much Batman as I have, you see him get his ass kicked more than anything else. Most people cite the Dark Knight Returns or Hush to really show how formidable the guy can be. In both stories he goes toe to toe with Superman and survives. A normal human surviving against one of the most overpowered, non-celestial beings in comic books is quite the feat. However, he knows Superman's weakness and knows how to exploit a man he has been working with for (usually) a decade or more. Batman has limits as to what he can deal with, and when things get too close, he can rely on the luck of the hero to get him out alive and victorious. What if he was also going up against someone with the "luck" of the hero?

While their disciplines may differ, Stark is every bit the genius that Wayne is, and more. He's a man that graduated from MIT at the age of 17, and built his own suit of highly advanced battle armor out of scrap in a cave. That suit would then be turned into one of the most advanced weapons platforms in Marvel Comics period. Even outside the fields of engineering, Stark is brilliant. He managed to beat Reed Richards in chess. Not just on one board, but on multiple boards at the same time. Pretty damn impressive. Outside of the areas of intelligence, Stark has excellent physical conditioning and has been trained by some of the most formidable martial artists in the Marvel Universe. Outside of the suit, Stark stacks up very well on paper. Put him in the suit, and what chance does the Batman have?

The Iron Man suit has the ability to create magnetic fields and to simply ignore them as well. There is literally nothing Batman could throw or shoot at it that would have any kind of effect. In fact, Stark could snatch Batman's weapons right out of his hands. The only chance that Batman could possibly have is to utilize some kind of EMP, but Stark's suit automatically detects such things, and then protects itself. All that leaves is some kind of magical hacking device, but good luck making that happen. You see it often in the cartoons, but Stark is a super-hacker himself. JARVIS is probably protected to such a degree that only the likes of Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, or Amadeous Cho could dream of doing it. Can I put Bruce Wayne on the same intellectual level as those three, specially in the fields of computer sciences? Perhaps, but even then it's up in the air if THEY could actually hack JARVIS.

There is very little, if anything, that the Batman can do to Iron Man offensively. Defensively it's the same story, because the sensors in the Iron Man suit make Batman very easily tracked. Iron Man can fly, shoot beams of energy, fire off missiles, and shatter steel with punches. This is a fight where Batman is hopelessly outclassed, because there aren't any weaknesses that he can exploit. In this scenario he is going up against a flying, highly mobile, tank that eats RPGs for breakfast and doesn't have a hatch to pop a grenade into. It was designed to be a perfect anti-personnel system, and then to go toe to toe with things greater than mere humans.

Batman would have to devise a robot suit of his own, but that's an entirely different argument.

Iron Man put up one hell of a fight but Batman proved to be just a bit more clever than Tony. He's battered and will probably spend weeks, if not months in recovery, but he managed to beat Iron Man. Now for this weeks battle, John Constantine "The Laughing Magician" VS. Dr. Strange "The Sorcerer Supreme", two of the comic universes most powerful magic users. Who will win? I put my money on John Constantine.

Strange, at his peak, would probably be able to wipe the floor with Silver Age Superman. That was just how broken the character was. Seriously, look at some of this:

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/DrStrange028-13.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11116/111160578/4193526-3887219135-10755.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/6955/1509640-strange_black_hole.jpg

The man is absurdly powerful.

Don't know Constantine but Strange was always capable and being able to put down some absurdly powerful demonic forces I have to give it to him, at least for the cape.

I love Constantine. And I think he's by far the better character.

But Strange is...well, in a nutshell, broke as fuck. So much of what he does seems to be just incredibly over-the-top, even by comic standards. So if the two throw down...yeah, going to have to give it Strange.

Back
Top Bottom