Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Super vs Super: Who would win? JOHN CONSTANTINE VS DR. STRANGE

Who would win in a fight to the death? Constantine or Strange?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archmagos Issac

Sir Ser Issac of Clarke of Chad the II
It's a question that any self respecting comic book fan has asked at least once in their life. "Who would win in a fight? A or B". It's one of my favroite discussions to get into and it only seems fitting that I put this topic up for the forums. So every week, I'll pose a question and I'll let the forum decide who would win and discuss why in the forum. Seems only fitting right? So for the very first post in this exciting new thread, I'll ask the age old question......

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT TO THE DEATH?!?!

DC's John Constantine
Hellblazer-sm.jpg

Known by many as 'The Worlds Greatest Con Artist', this laughing magician is considered one of the most powerful magicians and has managed to not only win a fight against Hell's most powerful demons, but also has managed to cheat death by tricking God and Lucifer

OR

Marvel's Doctor Strange
Doctor-Strange.jpg

The Sorcerer Supreme, this Marvel magician is the most powerful in his universe. His power is comparable to that of Dr. Manhattan. He's faced the likes of ancient gods and demons and even the likes of Thanos and the Incredible Hulk

ROUND 1:
Well the fight was a brutal one but alas, the jolly green giant couldn't stop the Slayer of Superman, Doomsday winning 6 to 3

ROUND 2:
It was close, perhaps too close for comfort for the Dark Knight. He'll be glad he didn't fight much longer, winning 6 to 5, you don't get much closer than that

Leave your comments and criticisms below and be sure to vote in the poll​

RE: Super vs Super: Who would win?

Being a Marvel fanboy, I gots to go with the Hulk. It's been proven that the Hulk only gets stronger the angrier he gets and his strength is almost if not definitely limitless

True, Superman might be able to beat the Hulk but the question I pose is if he's doing that with simply pure strength or if he's copping out and throwing Hulk into the Phantom Zone? If it's toe to toe with no use of the Phantom Zone, I think it'd be a pretty even fight. Superman has smarts but Hulk has limitless strength

I'm going to assume that we're talking the modern Superman (post-1986).

Doomsday was able to nearly kill Superman (put him into a 'healing coma'). And Banner's intellect has in fact merged with the Hulk's brutality (last I checked, at least), so the Hulk is not just a beast of limitless rage (even though that is the core of his power, aside from his insane healing factor). So it goes without saying that given the right conditions, the Hulk could very easily incapacitate (if not kill) Superman.

But...Back to Hulk v. Doomsday

If you think about it, Doomsday and Hulk are similar. Doomsday evolves so that whatever 'killed' him before could not do so again, the Hulk's physical power increases with his anger (a kind of evolution, if you think about it). The point is, both only get stronger over time. However, given that Doomsday really only gets more resilient when he's beaten, versus the Hulk who gets stronger the longer a fight goes on, it comes down to who can deliver a fatal blow faster.

And after a certain point, Hulk would become too much for even Doomsday to handle. So...It comes down to whether Doomsday can finish him off before his rage reaches a certain limit. If so, Doomsday kills the Hulk. If not, Hulk kills Doomsday.

BUT...That's just me.

Razgriz said:
I'm going to assume that we're talking the modern Superman (post-1986).

Doomsday was able to nearly kill Superman (put him into a 'healing coma'). And Banner's intellect has in fact merged with the Hulk's brutality (last I checked, at least), so the Hulk is not just a beast of limitless rage (even though that is the core of his power, aside from his insane healing factor). So it goes without saying that given the right conditions, the Hulk could very easily incapacitate (if not kill) Superman.

But...Back to Hulk v. Doomsday

If you think about it, Doomsday and Hulk are similar. Doomsday evolves so that whatever 'killed' him before could not do so again, the Hulk's physical power increases with his anger (a kind of evolution, if you think about it). The point is, both only get stronger over time. However, given that Doomsday really only gets more resilient when he's beaten, versus the Hulk who gets stronger the longer a fight goes on, it comes down to who can deliver a fatal blow faster.

And after a certain point, Hulk would become too much for even Doomsday to handle. So...It comes down to whether Doomsday can finish him off before his rage reaches a certain limit. If so, Doomsday kills the Hulk. If not, Hulk kills Doomsday.

BUT...That's just me.

I completely agree. It's a pretty even fight and you are right, in one of the comic universes, Banner's intellect (to some extent, I'm not sure if the Hulk is quite as smart as Banner) has merged with the Hulks. I also agree with the fight against Superman but again, this is if Superman doesn't throw the Hulk into the Phantom Zone. On top of the evolution thing, in one of the issues of Hulk, it was shown that Hulk can breath underwater through his healing factor, much like Doomsday in a way. It's a pretty even fight and really comes down to a lucky blow from one or the other.

Depends on the incarnation of Hulk, I suppose. Grey Hulk and Banner Hulk are both smarter than Doomsday, certainly, but the tradeoff is that they're not as strong and don't gain strength through anger. Green Scar (From the World War Hulk mini) and War Hulk (from his stint as Apocalypse's horseman) on the other hand both have a massive boost in strength compared to the normal savage Hulk and a slight boost to intelligence.

Ultimately though, if it's Savage Hulk vs Savage Doomsday, I give DD the win by laying the smackdown before Hulk can get angry enough to physically match him.

Okay, so I had to do some reading as my knowledge of comics is relatively superficial, and DC even moreso...

Seems Doomsday has been getting steadily worse since his introduction. It's also worth noting that he was crippled by intellect, while Hulk becomes incredibly empowered by it. Even if we assume complete savagery as Mellow stated, Doomsday is repeatedly contained, even when not strictly defeated, often by being put underground. Given Hulk's love of playing in the dirt, and putting big chunks of dirt on his opponent's head, I really don't see this going well for Doomsday.

People are giving The Hulk a little too much credit, I feel.

Let's not forget that Ultron managed to kill the Hulk. While its never been a crossover, I can't quite imagine Superman losing to Ultron, an A.I robot. It's just not plausible. Anyways though.

If it was Hulk Vs Superman, I don't doubt Superman would win. Realistically he's extremely over powered, and cannot actually die. You just need the sun. Furthermore, while the Hulk can survive in outer space (aka breathe), he cannot actually fight without an environment that has gravity. So, worst comes to worst, Superman can just toss Hulk into the stratosphere and beat the crap out of him until he turned back into Bruce Banner.

Though Hulk would probably beat Doomsday.

I know nothing about Prime Earth Doomsday, so I'll only talk about New Earth Doomsday.

Not only is Doomsday roughly as strong as Superman, but he's also very very fast. In a matter of moments he takes out the JLI, which included Guy Gardner as a Green Lantern. Doomsday was created by the writers for one purpose: to kill Superman. At that time Superman was among the most overpowered characters in comics. There was nobody that could feasibly challenge the character. To make it at all believable, they had to create a villain that was essentially immortal, and became ever stronger every single time it was "killed". Doomsday's raw power was so formidable that nothing could stand in it's way. A big point in the story is that Superman actually finds himself tired, and hurting, and bleeding. A character so overpowered that these things seem foreign to him.

The most important tool in the Hulk's arsenal would be Banner's intelligence. However, it should be noted that Superman is far from a slouch in the intelligence department as well. His kryptonian physiology gives him a brain greater than that of any human brain. What it comes down to is Banner's unique knowledge versus Superman's unique knowledge. Would Banner have access to some knowledge that would aid the Hulk in battle that Superman was ignorant of?

The problem with a character like Doomsday, and most comic book characters, is that comic writers tend to be really shitty. They love writing themselves into corners (to be fair, they sometimes have to write around a shitty writer's mistakes). Once they realize they've made a character that cannot really be challenged they have two options: Ignore the character's power or create something more powerful. In an attempt to not make the same mistake twice, they tend to go ignore certain strengths of the character. How exactly does anyone slower than the Flash ever hit him? How come Spider-Man can dodge just about any small arms fire at point blank range, but still get's smacked around by much slower punches and kicks? Why is Bane such a chump now, despite being as formidable as Batman in most physical and mental categories?

So, looking at Doomsday's raw power set, I don't think the Hulk would be able to win it. I don't think Doomsday would easily win, but I do think he could come out the victor. For every easy defeat that Doomsday has suffered in the comics, I'm sure that the Hulk has suffered one just as silly.

One point I feel the need to make is perhaps one of the Hulk's greatest assets: Bruce Banner. Bruce Banner is considered one of THE greatest minds in Marvel. Perhaps Banner's intelligence would be Doomsday's downfall. I'd also like to point out that Doomsday has faced many threats in the DC universe, but what about the Marvel universe? Doomsday has to die to adapt to a threat, it would stand to reason Doomsday has died countless times in the DC-verse but what about the Marvel-verse? Maybe it's a fruitless argument but I figured I would throw my hat into the ring and see what happens haha

RE: Super vs Super: Who would win? BATMAN VS IRON MAN

It's time for a new battle to ensue! This weeks combatants? The Billionaire Bad Boy Iron Man vs The Dark Knight himself. Two of the smartest comic characters ever conceived.....I LOVE IT!

Record the winner of last week!

Batman takes this one. Tony Stark is probably smarter, academically, but Batman gets all the benefit of owning a giant company that makes DARPA dreams without actually making the dreams himself. This frees his mind to focus entirely on his hobby, while Tony has a known problem with high-stress situations.

I can't help but feel this wouldn't even be a fight. Batman would just wage subtle psychological war on Tony Stark from behind the scenes until he was committed or offed himself.

I give Tony about an hour... before he razes Gotham to ashes with an entire fleet of remote controlled Iron Men.

And don't think he won't. This is Tony 'I'm going to shoot the Hulk into space, clone Thor and throw all my closest friends into Negative Zone Auschwitz' Stark we're talking about here.

MellowYellow said:
I give Tony about an hour... before he razes Gotham to ashes with an entire fleet of remote controlled Iron Men.

And don't think he won't. This is Tony 'I'm going to shoot the Hulk into space, clone Thor and throw all my closest friends into Negative Zone Auschwitz' Stark we're talking about here.

I agree, the same Tony that killed life long friend Obadiah Stane without so much as a flinch to keep Pepper and the world safe.

Honestly it's a hard call for this to be honest. I want to say it's not really a fair fight, since Iron Man is using a bit of a different scale of weaponry than Bats, but then...it's the fucking Batman.

I find Iron Man has a certain set of things that he makes his suits do. Rarely does he really vary them too much. Some of them are better in a few different aspects, but by and large they are all, or nearly all, flying suits that use repulsors as the main weapon with some add-ons.

Batman...honestly, he's almost impossible to nail down. Especially if he has any inkling that the fight is coming. It's been said that Batman, given enough prep time, can and will beat most anyone. While I'm not firmly in this camp, as I do think there are limits involved here really, in this case I'm inclined to agree. I mean, this is the same person who put together lethal or near lethal contingencies to bring down essentially the entire Justice League, most of, if not all of which are monumentally more powerful than he is. And what's more, without his own intervention, they would have worked too, without fail. So Tony Stark, a smart guy with Toys and issues? Yeah, that'd be playing slow pitch. Fight would be over before it started.

Batman, hands down. I also agree with Alvis that it'd probably be over before it really started. I think Batman's got more smarts and, also like Alvis said, Batman has ways to take down pretty much anyone and anything. He also has more than enough utilities/gadgets just in case. But ... yeah. He's almost always prepared, mentally and physically.

Point definitely goes to the Batman for me.

Esyel said:

Batman, hands down. I also agree with Alvis that it'd probably be over before it really started. I think Batman's got more smarts and, also like Alvis said, Batman has ways to take down pretty much anyone and anything. He also has more than enough utilities/gadgets just in case. But ... yeah. He's almost always prepared, mentally and physically.

Point definitely goes to the Batman for me.

Yeah but he's never actually met Stark before, and he wouldn't have any real foreknowledge of his abilities. And the other power armour people are decades behind Stark in the tech department. Stripe and Steel aren't exactly anything special compared to him. And Batman's own powersuits are rarely all that spectacular either.

And while I know Tony isn't the most powerful, he doesn't exactly have any easily exploitable weaknesses like some of the League do. Magneto found out the hard way that the guy was smart enough to render his tech immune to electromagnetism.

True but Batman can adapt to pretty much any situation or opponent rather quickly. Few things catch and keep him off guard, be it a foreign opponent, setting, anything. So while the points are valid, I'd still stick with Batman.

I will say this:

It's a tough call, but if batman is un-aware and simply prepared as he would for any DC enemy, the chances are not looking good for him.

However,

Assuming that during the fight Batman figures out a way to get Tony out of his suit, Tony has no chance. The base difference between their raw, unarmored capabilities is too much. Batman would win in that case.

If you look at their strengths in a fight Iron Man is basically a protective shell with long range weaponry, Iron Man, unless required, often does not get in the nitty gritty of hand to hand combat. Even the Iron Man armors, as was noted by Alvis, tend to be specialized. Hulk Buster, Stealth, Underwater, there is relatively little generics other than flight, repulsors and Jarvis. Tony does add some, and he is smart, but not always the best strategist.

Batman has actually trained to be where he is, Iron Man is more of accidental hero. Depending on what back story and canon you want with Batman he has spent time learning to be a vigilante/crime-fighter and over time has developed an arsenal that can take down a wide range of heros, plus the ubiquitous bat-belt holds nearly anything that he needs. If a fight is not decisive then Batman usually comes back with something new to deal with a weakness in an enemy.

While intellectually they may be similar, just for sheer combative knowledge and general situational awareness I'd give this to the Bat.

It's astounding, Iron Man and The Dark Knight are tied up and appear to be equally matched. I gotta say I wasn't expecting that haha

Back
Top Bottom