Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reaper Textbook - Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotaro Kuya

Foolish Soul
The World and Lore of Reapers
Grim reapers are feared across the world, known as icons for death and misery and manifestations of evil and dark omens. But they aren't the dark soul stealing beings legends or mass media make them out to be, they are not the skeletal monsters seen on TV and literature portray them as and are far from being a fantasy. The Grim Reapers are as real as any other living thing on this planet, playing an important role in life that the majority of the world knows so little of, unaware their lives, before as well as after death, rest in their hands.

Reapers are the protectors, not harvesters, of fallen souls, the remains of what living beings once were before they left their mortal body. You might call them a form of police force in a sense, rooting out any dark spirits which may manifest as poltergeists, hauntings, and possessions in secret, sometimes in the guise of exorcists, all while defending the innocent ones of the afterlife as they make their way towards an unknown land not even the Reapers themselves are too knowledgeable of.

They are also the front line fighters against the most deadly of afterlife abominations, the Serpentile. Corrupted souls that start as hauntings until they are overcome through negative energy and mutate into a form resembling a human being and animal as if spliced together. Serpentile act as a virus, as any soul they devour to increase their strength and survive is then transformed into yet another Serpentile. Serpentile give off a unique and dark form of energy that can be used in a variety of ways. They usually inhabit the instincts of the animal that they have spliced into along with a massive hunger for souls and a surge of killing intent.

Grim Reapers may be considered a race to some, as they take the physical form of normal humans and are born as such. Reapers have no true genetic code that identifies them from normal humans and, although their origins are traced back through multiple forms of creation and it is still debated how they began, are completely random in appearance of time and may be born from simple human parents. However, the age is always the same in which the Reaper discovers their abilities.

Upon a Reapers 15th birthday the develop "The Sight", which allows them to see, interact, as well as communicate with spirits. However, it is also once they gain the sight that Serpentiles may strike them, as once they can see the corrupted souls and interact with the afterlife, they are easy prey. More Reapers fall through their 15th birthday than in the line of duty sadly. Reapers also gain the ability to control a single element, which over history has shown to be in vast variety, from the simple four of fire, water, earth and air, to far more specific such as shadows and lightning. Certain elements allow the Reaper to create their element from their body (Example: Fire Element summoning fire). While others must have their element in supply to be able to use it. Reapers, once having become completely in tune with their element, are able to summon their own variation of their trademark weapon of choice, the scythe. A reaper that summons a scythe is shown to have mastered their element as well as sync with it as if it were a natural part of their actual form. Reapers also have vastly superior statistical limits in both mental and physical attributes than normal humans, far faster, stronger and even more intelligent as seen in some potentially gifted individuals.

Reapers are also gifted with a vastly expanded life span, though the maximum amount of years has yet to be discovered. In fact, some speculate that Reapers are immortal of aging once they reach the prime of their life somewhere in their early to late twenties, only able to die through disease (Though only diseases contracted through spiritual contact) and through battle. On record, the oldest Reaper to have had lived was 783 years of age before falling to a Serpentile ambush.

In order to combat the death of Reapers upon their conception a age 15, there are teams of 3 Reapers in each city and town in order to search and discover them. Once they have been found, they are then to be brought, for their safety as well as training, to one of 3 facilities fashioned after schools. The Reaper Academies Styx, Pluto, and Angelos, found in Japan, Germany, and the USA Respectively; However, Pluto and Angelos were created mostly as a means of temporary schooling until the students may be shifted to Styx, where all of the original texts remain and are taught.

Styx Reaper Academy is located on an island far from the coast of Okinawa, hidden under multiple spells and out of the range of the various military bases that surround the region. Despite its ability to remain hidden, the island is quite vast and the school itself only takes up a small percentage of its mass, some of it buried into the island as well. The facility acts as a home for the Reaper Students and Teachers that reside there, functioning as a standard school teaching normal studies alongside the teachings of the Reaper ways, branching from controlling the element you house, to weapons training, to survival training. While Styx isn't the only school facilitated to teach these studies, it is the only one that graduates students as the other facilities merely act as bases and homes for the people in the region.

Rules Among Other Things
No Godmodding or Metagaming: This one should be pretty simple to understand but I'll explain it anyway in case we got some people who are new to the RP scene. God Modding is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP'ers try.

It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
It can also be using other characters that other people RP with.

Metagaming is the act of using outside or previously gained knowledge within a gaming universe for personal gain or advantage. Such as if you, the RP'er, learn of another RP'ers character has a weakness to fire outside the RP then in the RP use that information to "Just so happen" use a fire based attack to weaken him as if your character knew.

Respect You're Fellow Roleplayers: Another simple one but I've seen some pretty bad drama get built up for the stupidest of things in an RP. Basically, know that everyone has a life outside of the forum and that they are, like you, doing their best. Respect each others characters, action, and reasons for roleplaying, as they should respect you and your reasons.

Posting Requirements: I understand, like in the Respect section, that everyone has a life outside of the site and has things that come before roleplaying. So I understand posting can't always be done as soon as someone sees it is now their turn. I'm pretty flexible on posting which is why I would like to see a post at least 1-4 days when it is your turn. And if you won't be able to post, PM me and let me know so I can inform the others and continue the story, or put it on hiatus if your character is in an integral point.

I also like to see effort put into a post. Now you don't have to put anything you would see in a New York best seller in style or length down, but I would like to see at least one paragraph per post or a minimum of 250 words if possible. I won't get on you for smaller paragraphs as long as there wasn't much for you to react to, but if I see a small post (Or god forbid a one liner >.>) to a previous post that gives plenty to react and act on, I will ask you to edit your post or I will make it void of the story if you refuse.

Rating and Mature Content: I won't lie, this RP is going to be full of things you might not expect. You will see drama, action, adventure, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, hell even some steam-punk in this. So if you are looking for content or a specific genre or race, you will probably find it available here. Because of this, you can expect a few gruesome posts during any potential conflicts. If this bothers you in anyway, I'll do what I can to make it slightly more bearable, but this story is going to have some pretty dark and gruesome points.

As for any adult themed content, it is perfectly fine by me as long as the rules of Blue Moon are followed to its degree. Which means it must be tasteful (Which this is pretty story driven so I expect that anyways)and respect what some of the RP'ers don't wish to see. Not everyone is into the same thing and some don't wish to see it. But I can tell you if we get a good number of players, we will see some variety. To figure out if it can be placed in the thread is pretty simple. Check what people are interested in, or PM me and I'll let the group know and see if anyone objects to it being there. Hell, you can even make it its own thread in the one-on-one if you like as long as you tell where you got the characters and world from or do it through PMs. Just respect what others are here for and they will to you.

Side Plots and Major Plots: An over-arching plot has already been set really for the world of this RP, though it is one that is pretty dang hard to ever interrupt as its real behind the scenes until its eventual climactic opening. Because of this, I actually encourage players to come up with their own stories and plots to add to the RP.

The only catch is that it must be run through me through PM before it is implemented. If everyone just starts making up some plots and putting them as they wished into the story, things would get real hectic as well as confusing. That is the only reason I ask for you to show me the plot or idea before you use it, as it could harm the RP potentially. I'm very open on it so any type of plot will do and I can promise that, at some point, you will be allowed to put it in. You may just have to wait a little beforehand to keep the structure of the RP solid.

Characters: When you look at this world, the first thing you probably think is "Well god damned, I'm required to create a Reaper. I got nothing to customize but this? Ah crap that is dull." I'll abolish that thought right now. As I said in the Rating and Mature content section, this RP is full of different genre's and casts. Reapers aren't the only thing you can play as, and humans, while the mass of the Reaper population, aren't the only creatures that are born into that lifestyle.

I'll try and put it simply. You can make a Reaper, you can make him any race as long as thy are humanoid. Examples would be looking at Humans, elves, hell if you wanna make a furry go right on ahead. Its a big world and who knows what exists. If you want you can make a robot as well. No kidding. Reapers use science as well so shit can be made.

Ok, more simple. If you have an idea for a character, run it by me through a PM. I don't need to see the entire character. Just what you want it to be and its main skeleton. Odds are what you want is exactly what you'll get.

Also, although I'm sure we will have people wanting to play as students, some as veteran Reapers, teachers, and many other things, I must request that there be a limit to how many you may RP as until further notice. As of now, the cap is 2. In the future this will rise, and if you want more before that, you need to PM me and tell me about the character and their role before I will allow it. This is merely to keep the RP from getting overpopulated with "Orphaned PC's".

Also, in case any roles aren't filled, for example no one wished to create a teacher, I have some in stock. Also, if I find too many roles unfulfilled, I will grant RP'rs the privilege to make more than 2 as long as it is to fill that roll regularly.

Good to see we got 4 members into this RP, counting me. I'm going to get it started.

However, I'm also still going to be accepting new members to join us at any time. That way we can still see new characters and content.

Character Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=60538

OOC Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=60539

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom