Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Good Intention's Destination (LingeringDesire & Greeneyed23)

Greeneyed23

Pulsar
Numir has long been known as the largest continent on the planet. It covers nearly the entire Eastern hemisphere of the planet, an as such has always been the biggest center of populations, especially since the destruction most of the population on the western continents in the last Great War.

In the millennia since the lives were lost, the world has shifted. The orcs and goblins have taken command of the seas and their shores, the dwarves have retreated so far into their tunnels and mountains people think they have vanished, the elves never leave their forests and swamps, and the various magical races have taken to living as they will, most as gypsy caravans.

With little other choice humanity has taken to the fields and plains, farming what they can, and settling as they willed. In that time they have bred so fast and far that they were soon overpopulated and to serve their needs they went to war.

Things were truly growing dangerous when the Council of Rulers, a panic formed group of the more powerful human monarchs, managed to call a tenuous treaty amongst humanity. Since then a hundred years have passed, and things have not improved for humanity.

Intrigue, politics, maneuvering, blackmail, murder, and all sorts of other crimes and horrors have been used to gain leverage and power, and only luck and sacrifice by the rare decent monarch have prevented further war.

The current leader of this ever shrinking faction is King Geoffrey of Umin Hills, a access point from the human lands to the rest of the continent, thus possessing few resources but a pivotal tactical point for the rest of the Council thus providing him with what little power he has.

Geoffrey knows he has little power, and even worse he has no allies, and he is frantically searching for new possibilities. he is even considering seeking out the Dragons. No one ahs even seen a Dragon in five hundred years but they had always been forces for the good and he needed help.

He was now in his office staying at the heavy rain outside and nodded thoughtfully. "Get my daughter."

jasmine-sanders1.jpg

She ventured out amongst the workers in the field as she walked, the rain falling and soaking her clothes, but she didn't care. Unruly golden hair, deeply tanned skin and blue grey eyes reflected off the far off streaks of sunshine. Looking back over her shoulder, a rainbow could be seen over the castle... though it could hardly be called that. Not when the place they lived was just a large bare bones estate that housed most of their villagers from the last uprising.

Houses had burned to the ground and remained in ashes, everything save for her fathers stone fort. They barely had weapons, the villagers using tools and the sparse items they had left to defend their lives. Several didn't survive, but most did. They were a happy people, except for the occasional upset. The last one, had been twenty years prior when Traelana had been just a girl. Now she stood as a woman surveying her land, multi-colored eyes drinking in the sight while her nostrils flared to take in the strong scent of rain and earth.

A single nod of her head sent the horn to blowing. Daylight was fading, they needed to gather their things and go.

Watching them scurry back to the protection of the stone structure, she followed. Her golden mane of hair was drenched, water dripping off her plain green dress before it fell to the stone floor of her chambers, a small room in the basement. Her wet foot prints turned to those of another kind as she padded across the floor to the tub of water that sat steaming for her. A sleek golden furred creature sank into the water and sighed, shining eyes closing before there was a hard knock on the door.

When those same eyes opened, tanned skin was back in place and human features were once more available to the female. "I'm bathing..."

The door creaked open, "His majesty would like to speak with you."

"I'll be there." The door shut after her confirmation, leaving her alone to finish bathing. She didn't slip back into the animal that lived just beneath the surface. Instead she finished washing and left the room in a new gown, light blue in color with her hair held back from her face with ivory combs. People often said she looked like her mother, but having never met the woman she was often left wondering why she looked nothing like her raven haired father.

Her trim fingers pushed open the door, "You wanted to see me Father?" She waited, a soft smile on her lips as she waited.

Geffrey sat in his throne. Well what they called his throne. it was really just his best chair but the people needed such titles. He was watching the night fall and the rain that was coming with it begin to gather.

When his daughter entered the room he smiled. Traelana. the one joy in his life. "Hello my love." He smiled but it did little to hide the fear and exhaustion that plagued him. His magnificent mustache was drooping and his eyes were red and masked under heavy bags. "The Council has promised yet another legion of troops to our aid."

He said this with the same energy he might have told her that it was going to rain and perhaps the harvest would be enough. It was obvious, but also something that was never going to happen. Not while his fellow Council members, the same bastards who kept promising him help, stole from him. In all, he had counted carefully, they had promised him more than ten million troops, and as of yet not a single soldier had arrived.

"Because of that I am afraid it has become obvious we need allies. And there is only one group who has not yet refused us or told us they will not get involved. The Dragons."

He sighed even as he said it, knowing how dangerous and likely futile it was. "I know no one has seen them in centuries. But we have no other choice. if this land is to remain in this family and if you are become queen we need allies."

He touched a scroll on the table beside him. "This is the letter to the leader of their thunder. I tried to be polite and persuasive but wholly honest. Whole never lie to a Dragon thing. I've been told that the best person to ask about this is one named Ptolemy the Grey-eyed in Tresslton to the north. Take what you need and set off when you are ready. And good luck my love. Otherwise we are going to become the watchers of a roadsign."

The flicker of the candlelight played across her skin causing it to darken in the dim lighting. Her father looked so frail, so old sitting upon his ornate throne. The chair was decorated in colored glass and bits of rock, ornate but severely outdated. Her smile widened when he acknowledged her, rushing forward to bow at his worn slippers and to rest her cheek upon his crinkled, weathered hand.

She knew what his words meant, he kept her in the loop with all the going on's under his roof, their roof. The Dragons had come up in talks before, a foolhardy idea that was tossed out the window with the rest of the rubbish in the bin. However, this time it wasn't a public statement to his advisors. A quest for the heir to the throne. Her head nodded as she came to understand his missive.

It would be dangerous, but because of her special skills she knew he had thought it well out. Her hand rose and grasped the sealed bit of parchment. Her expressive eyes taking in his manners while her ears took in every single drop of advice and guidance.

Rising she tucked the paper away into her cleavage, her corset and bodice keeping it close. "I understand what is expected of me. I shall ride like the night, swift and free. I will take only what I need and be gone before morning." Her lips brushed his cheek, "God speed father." She dipped low, and then with a flourish... was gone.

It was crazy to believe she was expected to charm the dragons into standing by their side. But here in the dead of night, shadows plaguing the land and bringing the eyes things that weren't there, anything was possible. Traelana rode wearing the clothes and armor of a man, looking right in place with the few that surrounded her, three in all... including herself. In her pack was a dress and hair pins should she need to look the part of a female.

Her horse, a large stallion that was swift and surefooted and black as midnight, with only a touch of gray on his flank. She pulled him to a stop at a crossroads, the large beast reared and whinnied, ready to fly through the woods to their destination. However, she wanted to be smart about it. Tressleton was at least a two days ride out and already they had covered almost half of that since they left home.

With the castle far behind them and a small inn before them, the three riders entered. Lany behind her guards, beauty hid behind the cloak she wore. "Breakfast, one bath and three beds." The tallest guard stated, digging out enough coin to cover the cost from his coin purse.

Keen blue-gray eyes swept over the other patrons as she waited, her eyes landing on a kitchen boy that stood over a scalding pot full of bedding. He yawned, lifting a crippled hand to cover his mouth full of half-rotted teeth. Her attention was jerked to the stairs as a weary prostitute shuffled down to greet the guests. swallowing hard she moved her head away from the woman, she needn't be found out about just yet.

"Aye sir... Oi Myrtle move yer arse!!" The whore jumped but picked up the pace, her eyes betraying some fear. The kitchen immediately set to washing the bedding and moving out of his master's way while the man bellowed. "Janice!! Breakfast for four!"

A very loud growl met his shout and the sound of banging cookware followed for answer.

While the newcomers were greeted weakly by Myrtle then lead up to their room, four sets of eyes followed every movement.

"Farewell and adieu ye wee Fainish ladies. Farewell and and adieu ye ladies of Fain!! For we have received orders for to set sail to Hamden...." The much loved folk song was being lead by a spindly bard who towered over everyone in the place, despite his silly feather hat, and he played his lute rather well, but his eyes were amongst the four watching the newcomers. He made his way toward them still leading the song and bumped into the third member of the party, almost reaching the hidden Princess.

"Oh i do beg your pardon good sir." His hands reached out to steady the fellow but another pair of hands caught his. These hands were gloved in crimson metal and for a moment the room was silent. The hand had shot out of a blue cloak hiding the wearer's face and body but now everyone knew just what lay there. Only the the Knights of Order wore crimson metal armor. Established by a former judge these knights had taken it upon themselves to fight lawlessness and crime throughout the land and refused to endure anything that was not entirely within the law.

The cloak fell back revealing the faceless red helm as the man stood, his solid red plate armor gleaming in the morning light from the still open door and window. "Barnaby o=Shea I arrest you for theft. Return the man's purse." Barnaby, face ashen, obeyed returning the purse then began to beg piteously as the shorter but far stronger man dragged him from the inn.

"No please!! It was a first offense!! Have mercy!! HAVE MERCY!!" His sobs filled the air until there was a loud crack followed by silence then the sound of a falling axe. Few had noticed but the Axe of Judgement had been on the knight's hip. A short battleaxe it was used to deliver punishments the Knights deemed necessary as in accordance with their order's charter and the power granted them by the Council of Rulers.

An unknown foot kicked the door shut as the sound of sizzling flesh and the smell of burning human came upon the air and the innkeeper quickly shouted. "Lindsey sing!"

A small but tough looking girl scowled but stood, clasping her filthy hands before her trim hips, and began to sing a love ballad in a very sweet childlike voice that drew all ears. She was not very good nor very bad but her voice somehow had that quality that simply demands listening. While Myrtle hurried the paying customers up to their room the girl drew all minds away from the events outside. Save two. Still two sets of eyes followed the newcomers with thoughts hidden behind a mask of a smile in one, and the other hidden under a thick cloak, feigning sleep.

Her head moved back and forth, alert and always watching. There was a lot of action and the bellows from the minstrel was enough of a distraction on it's own with out the callings of the kitchen as they slaved about. While their head remained covered they all continued to watch as they mounted the stairs behind the weary whore. Sebastian, moved from the head of the line to follow behind Traelana. All stopped as he was bumped into. Seb's hand coming up to ease the princesses hand away from the hilt of her sword, a quick shake of his head alerted that he was fine.

"Drunken fool," He snarled into the man's jovial face. Another set of hands spared the thief of his wrath.

Lany watched as the cloak fell back, she'd heard of the Order, but had never met one. None wanted to meet them. Keeping her head back, in the shadows of her cloak she stayed her ground watching as the thief returned Sebastian's purse and then began begging for his life. the sounds were horrendous and shook the female to her core.

Sebastian urged them forward, "No more mishaps..." he whispered. The trio moved up to their room, three beds within the interior, as asked.

"I felt eyes upon us the entire time..." Garrison whispered, yanking off his cloak and tugging at his dusty riding clothes.

"But with the place as packed as it was, it was hard to tell where they came from..." Sebastian finished for his younger brother.

"Back corner, left hand side... I don't know the number, but more than a few..." Traelana stated matter of factly. She slipped out of her clothing, becoming bare beneath her cloak. Her back was turned to the men, she spun, everything covered and still in darkness. "A bath awaits me while you figure who they were..." Her hand lifted to stop their words. "I have my dagger. I bid ye adieu... for now."

She was as curious as they were, however she needed to soak and rest. Locking the door of the wash room she slid into the heated water with a satisfied groan. After her bath the night before had been interrupted it served as a wonderful reminder that she was, after all of this, still a lady. Her beast was on high alert, she didn't like being left so vulnerable in an unknown place.

The inn had changed radically since the newcomers had gone upstairs. The corner she had mentioned was now empty, the person who had been there at the bar now. She had everyone's attention. Her hair was a deep startling blue and braided into tight dreadlocks that were tied back into a thick tail that fell against her back.

Her face was striking, rivaling even the Princess upstairs in beauty. She was entirely human but somehow otherworldly.

She turned her face towards the bar smiled. No one could not deny her exquisite beauty. Her full pouting lips curved upward in a come hither smile that made everyone in the room save one long for her kisses, while her solid blue eyes told everyone that while human she was also something more. She spoke and her voice was utterly musical and filled them all with even more longing.

"Hello everyone. May I buy you a drink?" She held out her hand gesturing at several drinks. As they rushed forward she bonded up the stairs and into the newcomers room and before they could react cast a spell on both men halting their actions. In that moment she learned everything about them and their fellow and they also learned what she was. The witch giggled. "My name is Altaya. When do I meet your lovely friend?"

She seemed calm and defenseless but her powerful magics told them everything that they need to know about her. "I would like to discuss your journey. I need to join it."

Down below the Knight of the Order had returned and now sat at the bar watching everyone from under his visor, while the sole remaining watcher kept themselves so well hidden not even the Princess would or could sense them, and no one even seemed to know the person them-self was there at all.

This person remained silent, wondering why the blue one ha gone upstairs and just what exactly was so interesting up there, but with all the people at the bar devouring the free drinks, there was almost no way to get up the stairs. They would have paid dearly for that speed the witch had used and wondered how she had achieved the movement.

Upstairs the witch smiled watching the two brothers. "Do you two talk? And don;t you lock doors?"

Lany couldn't even will a change, fearing that she'd be found long before she could change back. Then what would she even say. Instead she sank further into the water and came up only to lather her hair and body.

Sebastian and Garrison lay upon their beds when the door burst open, leaving each to reach for their swords. the blue haired wench stood there while they remained frozen. Their princess was unprotected at the moment and both slightly panicked, before she set them free.

Steely gazes assaulted the poor female as they each drew their blade and stood their ground. They didn't know what to make of her.

"Witch," Sebastian snarled. "We have no answers for you, only a blade."

"By that he means, yes we talk and the door was unlocked for our lovely friend's return. No, you may not join our journey." Garrison piped in.

"Our journey doesn't concern you..." Sebastian moved forward to toss the witch out on her arse.

Freshly washed and completely clean, the cloaked figure of Traelana appeared behind the girl in the doorway. With her hood low she caught the girl and steadied her on her feet, before moving around her and entering the room. "Go home whore, you're not needed." She tossed a few coins her way and closed the door, clicking the lock into place.

"Turn around, you two know the rules..." Lany stripped free of the cloak and dried completely before slipping into a fresh tunic from her pack. Putting her cloak back on she opened the door. "Oh good, you're still here. I need these washed for my ride tonight." She tossed more coins at her , the guards behind her snickered.

"What?" She asked, irritation in her voice.

"She's a witch, majesty..." Sebastian stated.

Traelana stepped away from the door, acting as if she'd been scalded. "We've been found out? Then why, pray tell aren't you moving out? Then why, pray tell aren't we on the road?"

Garrison added, "Your highness, the witch wishes to join our ranks and journey with.."

"NO!" Traelana stated firmly, yanking back her hood and glaring at the girl. "I forbid it!"

"Well ain't that just too bad?" Altaya was sitting on Traelana's bed idly polishing her nails.

"You see either I'm coming or tell everyone downstairs and of course all those lovely friends of our fathers on the council that you are here and just what exactly you are up to. How does that sound? And boys and girls when you expel a witch you have to do it properly. Otherwise she can enter any room she pleases at will."

She had peeled off her cloak and now lay in a resplendent outfit that resembled fish scales in color, design, and texture, though of course everything was the same blue as her hair. Her body was trim but also well built, and while her outfit covered her well, it did dive at the neckline, so low that her well-rounded cleavage was impossible to miss.

She gave a wicked little giggle. "Now boys. Such dirty thoughts...."

She looked at the Princess. "And my dear....whatever it is you are.... I advise you not touch me again unless you wanted me to know. And the next time you do...remember." Her eyes flashed now as she flexed her fingers, revealing three inch long talons that were blood red before shrinking down to normal length blue nails. "Witches always have tricks up their sleeves."

Below the watcher was still calculating how to achieve their goal. They needed to go upstairs. Finally it came.

With a few coins given and a silent urging to end questions, the watcher, still becloaked, made it tot he newcomer's room with their breakfast. They knocked rapidly, producing a loud rapping.

Trae blinked and the woman was in the room AGAIN. Oh this would never do. She rolled her eyes and tossed her cloak aside. "Go for it, wench... I dare you. However, what business is mine of yours that you would see fit to ruin it? Considering you yourself are a lowly servant, what pull does you tongue have... besides wagging in the ears of those you service?" Her lips curled in a satisfied grin, that is until the wench sat up to peel off her own cloak and stretched out upon HER bed.

Crossing her arms she barely held back her irritated snarl. Glowering at the woman she nodded at her guards... but stopped them with a raise of her hand when she questioned what she was. She scoffed, "You think I care about the tricks up YOUR sleeve, how self centered of you. Foolish girl, arise and bow before your princess the next ruler of this pitiful little nation. For to just sit there... or lounge there, as were the case would be disrespectful and we wouldn't want that."

She had more biting comments to make as the rap on the door stopped her. Donning her cloak she hid in the shadows behind the door and let her guard answer it. "Wait, tell me witch... what purpose shall you serve in my company of going? Speak wisely and quickly, we mustn't keep breakfast waiting."

Sebastian and Garrison snuffed all but one candle and moved it to the middle of the single table. "Just a moment."

"Well, shall I open the door or will you give me your answer now?" The princess hissed impatiently. The witch was a fool to think she could be trusted... Traelana could easily smell the self serving attitude upon her like a scent from the woods. She didn't trust this girl, and didn't want her on the mission. However, as bait for the dragons, an offering of sorts, it was a great idea.

Altaya smiled and stood. "We all have our friends my dear Crown Princess." She bowed provocatively smirking at the princess. "As to service? Little. Aid? I am a magician and I can assure you there are a number of magical obstacles between us and the Dragons. You let me come and I will defeat those obstacles as needed. My business with the Dragons is my own."

She then moved forward reaching for the doorknob. "So shall I leave to discuss your travel plans below or shall they become OUR plans and then we may discuss them while you eat?"

The rap at the door came again while the becloaked figure waited. They couldn't hear anything from inside because of the witch but they were getting nervous now.

They took a chance and called out. "Please hurry sirs. The food is getting cold."

"And I am certain that mine are stronger than yours,: She fairly well snarled as the woman put on her show. "For god's sakes woman, cover yourself... it's no wonder I mistook you for a whore." rolling her eyes she ignored the woman's words, slipping her gloves into place and feeling righter in the world.

As if she needed any aid to slip past a few obstacles, she was the damn princess and a beast at that with hidden talents of her own. She gave the woman her own smirk and then using the rap on the door as a distraction wrapped her gloved about the woman's thin throat and pressed her to the door.

"Let's get one thing clear here. I am in charge, your lips stay sealed and I will allow you to tag along... but if you get in my way or prevent me from my duty and I will end your life. Hunt you down and gut you like an animal if I see fit, do you understand me... witch?" Traelana said, pulsing her hand on the woman's throat. Brute strength and threats earned her, her prowess on the battle field and in the throne room.

Releasing the woman she ordered the room cleansed by the witch's hand and had Sebastian give her instructions on where to meet them. The princess stayed hidden, sword drawn just in case as the door was opened to allow the servant entrance and the witch an exit.

Garrison stood before the door, eyes intent on the cloaked male. Sebastian pulled his own sword and stood silently beside the door. "Breakfast..."

The witch just smiled at the Princess' biting words but obeyed, nodding at her instructions and once the room was clean, far cleaner than when they had first entered actually, she vanished, though she did hiss into the Princess' ear. "Remember all that rage and hate. But also remember this. Daddy can't guard you out here. And you can't guard him."

When the door open the cloaked one nodded and entered the room setting the tray on the table. They then started for the door before suddenly kicking it closed and dropping to their knees before the princess, throwing back her hood to reveal pointed ears, impossibly smooth white skin and pointed eyes that could only belong to an elf.

The elf spoke quickly. "Majesty I must beg your aid. In the name of the Royal blood that binds us both." She was referring to the legend that all royal persons were connected by the divine bloodright. "Give me aid. I must find a way to my people and I cannot travel in these lands alone. Please?"

The exotic beauty bowed her head. "My name is Princess Xchilnha. I go by Xchi. Please help me. I will do anything...I just want to go home." She was trembling in her fear and hope.

"Who says daddy or I need guarding..." She hissed back. Eyes violent but hidden by the cloak. She stayed in her spot behind the door, that is until it was kicked closed. Three swords were pointed to the person or creature until she was revealed. Traelana stared down upon the kneeling beauty. So many knew she was here, even though her mission was to have been a secret. Either the castle had spies or there were a lot more intuitive people.

Traelana listened to the girl, whether she believed them or not, it wasn't known. Dragging her hood off her own head she stood before the elf. "How do you know your home is on the way to my destination?" She asked, stepping around the elf and uncovering a plate of food. She was famished.

"If I help you, what is in it for me and my kingdom. We have no allegiance with the Elves.... would this guarantee something for both parties involved?" She asked curiously, sitting and beginning to eat. She was royalty after all and they waited for no one. She bade her men eat too, soon they would sleep and then off again they would go... apparently two additions joining them... if it all worked out well.

"Because I know where the last Dragon was seen. I read the mind of the witch when she was watching you... and you should know there are spies in your father's house."

Xchi followed her waiting until she sat. "I understand your hesitance but I truly need you. If you take me at least to the last known Dragon lair I can get home myself then I promise I will use what power I have to help your family however I may. You have my word as an elf. Please cousin. Help me?"

She was well fed so she ignored the food but her eyes were filled with desperation. This was beyond rare. An elf asking a human for help, and even more so a royal elf.

"I am a master archer and warrior and I could help you fend off the witch should become...troublesome. I can handle my own food and gear and I have my own mount. I just can't be alone...you must know what has been done to my people."

They had been skinned, hung, tortured, murdered, hunted, and destroyed, simply for being what they were by the thousands. Chiefly by the humans in whose territory she was effectively buried in.

"Please cousin..I simply wish to go home."

Tilting her head as the elf confirmed what she already suspected about spies. The fact she knew where the last dragon was seen, let her know she did need this girl by her side. The feeling she got from her was more trustworthy than the witch.

Without looking up Traelana smiled, "I'm taking you home then..." Her guards glanced up, barely acknowledging the girl. "Please, sit and eat... but either way when we are finished. I must sleep... you must sleep and so must my guards."

She wondered if the girl had a place to sleep, but pushed it from her mind. She'd survived plenty before they got here.

Xchi smiled. "Thank you so very much cousin. I am beyond grateful. Thank you." She took some fruit and bread for herself then lay in the corner wrapping back up in her cloak and drifting off to sleep rapidly.

Xchi was the first awake the just before dusk and gently woke her cousin. "Royal cousin should we not be going? It is dawn and I fear persons less....kind attempting to gain access to your information."

She was shifting from foot to foot nervously. "Perhaps it would be best if we left by the back stay? I hear trouble downstairs."

She clearly wanted to be away and would follow Trae wherever she wished to go.

The princess and her guards finished their meals, then slept. Having a room without windows was beneficial and made sleep easier, though as tired as they were nothing would have woken them.

Except the nervous Elven princess that shifted from foot to foot. Traelana couldn't focus, instead she closed her eyes and rubbed them gently before stretching and rising to her feet to greet the evening. "Yes, we must be off. Sebastian, secure us provisions for our travel then prepare our horses."

She wasn't asking, royals didn't ask.

Traelana dressed, tucking the tunic into breeches and pulling on a shirt over that. The armor she wore fir her well, thin leather over chain mail. She pulled her hair back with a strip of leather before strapping her weapons to her sides. The large cloak and heavy boots were the last pieces.

It was a short while for Garrison, Traelana and Xchi to find Sebastian and the witch, someone the princess ignored. "I hope all are well rested, we will only stop in Tressleton... If you need to stop, you will be left behind." With a flick of the reins, they were off.

The road was dark and the weather clear, She pulled back her hood and rode free. Blue-gray eyes clearly able to see everything, as if it were day. Sneering as they came to a river she halted her horse, "We must cross, the bridge is washed over with the spring rains. We need to dismount and be careful." Honestly she didn't care about the witch, but the elf she wished to help. The ridiculous nature of the witch and her mount grated on her nerves, fearing that she would say something she'd regret, the princess steered clear of her.

Xchi grunted. "Hey witch...This might be a time when you would be useful."

Atlaya giggled and moved forward. She raised her hand. "Some help elf?" Xchi nodded and touched the witch's outstretched hand and together they spoke in low guttural tones. Slowly the river stopped moving. Then the section to their right began to roil backwards until a bare section of riverbed lay before them.

Xchi lead them across quickly then they released the magic both of them gasping. "Well done Atlaya..."

"And you..."

They both began to eat from their stores, Atlaya's nose beginning to bleed from the strain. She wiped it away and showed the Princess. "See? I told you i'd be useful."

The journey was free to continue now. Xchi moved closer to the Princess and smiled. "I'm sorry for showing off but I didn't want to chance anyone getting hurt. Thank you for trusting me."

Trae held back a snort as the elven princess verbalized her own thoughts. The witch wasn't very useful when all she did was weigh them down. She'd hoped to be along further than they were... Shrugging it off she hopped the witch would lose interest and mosey on away.

Watching the water part, she didn't have to wait for an invitation. Her party crossed, Sebastian and Garrison hot on her heels to reach the opposing bank. Each wearing wide shit eating grins.

The duo began to eat, even with that display Traelana wasn't about to allow the witch in. "That's one time... Let's away from here... we're behind schedule." Tugging on the reins she spurred her horse forward into action. Nodding and smiling at her elven companion.

"It's quite alright, others seem to be more apt to show off than you." She nodded her head toward their blue companion and all her accoutrements.

"Sebastian, hurry along our witch... unless she wishes to be left behind." Trae winked at Garrison and was quick to follow suit of her guard, the elf behind her and then followed behind by her other guard and the witch.

Xchi laughed. "Tell me cousin..why do you seek the Dragons?" She looked sincere. "Everyone assumes you are going to cause the Dragons to attack the other races to prevent them from attacking you. but that cannot be true. The Dragons have no reason to do die for you. So what is it you truly plan?"

Atlaya scowled at the two men. "I do not need your aid or urging mortals. Leave me be. I will not abandon the journey."

As they rode Xchi guided them onto a narrow but straight path that lead them much closer to Tressleton than was to be expected, though Xchi explained worriedly. "We should not have been able to make it so far so easily...not with all of the many armies here and there."

She was just about to point one camp out to her Royal cousin when she screamed in pain then was yanked out of her saddle as was the witch and Trae's guardsmen, while three huge men grabbed her horse and reins, their spears right at her throat. "Make no sound woman or your mates will die."

A very short but very powerfully built troll of man marched forward and pressed his own spear to her throat. "Princess Traelana of Umin hills. what brings you here? Come to sell yourself like the other cheap holding whores?"

He moved into the light and revealed one of her own distant blood cousins, Percival Longtongue, her father's cousin's eldest. He had bullied her many times over the years and as she had grown into a woman had tried to force his way into her bed. Now he grinned. "fate has indeed been kind to me. get down Trae. And maybe if you are nice to em i won't torture your friends before I kill them."

The one man that rode near the witch laughed, if only she would it would be less of a burden on his princess.

"Why I seek them is my burden to bear..." She gave the elf a wink and was off following her guard and ignoring the witch.

Garrison was still at the head of the pack, but the elf took over. Garrison was reluctant but Trae urged him to let go. Watching in horror as the trolls came upon them. She huffed, her horse rearing and kicking at the men.

She felt her stomach turn at the thought the man put in her head. "Just passing through. I would never stoop so low as to sell myself like a whore. I have many options at my fingertips." she sneered at her cousin. "I am a princess, I do not follow YOUR demands."

She glared at him. "If you must kill my companions don't hurt the blue one... she's my favorite." She hoped her words would piss off the woman, enough to have her strike back. Trae had weapons that weren't even on the level of these. More advanced and lethal. It was dark, she was counting on the dark... but not yet.

Percival started to speak when a flurry of arrows fell upon him and his men, skewering the lot, killing them all instantly. before there could be any reaction several people walked out of the forest, bowing to Trae.

The leader, a rather short curvy woman with green hair bowed to the Princess. "Forgive us Milady. Your...cousin has been vandalizing and murdering people for months. Last night they attacked Tressleton."

She helped Xchi and the others up though Atlaya glared at Trae she said nothing. The leader turned back to the Princess. "I am Ericka Vitri leader of the guards of Tressleton it would be my honor to escort you to the city."

While her words were polite she also had her blade still out, as did her people. It was clear that there was no choice in the matter. The guards encircled the group and Ericka moved in. "Come along Your Grace. And please don't argue. My mages are well hidden, better guarded, and have dealt with great magics before."

The guards began to gently but firmly guide them along and within an hour they were at the gates which opened for them then slammed shut behind them.

They were then taken through the city to the main palace right to the throne room of a very old and oddly dressed man. He was laying on the throne, his feet hanging over the back of the chair while his long while hair pooled below his head along with his extremely long beard while his purple dress hung oddly on him,though might have been because the arms were on his feet and his head was sticking out of the skirt.

He giggled. "Hello cousins!! I am Ptolemy!!" His eyes were indeed grey but also filled with madness. Xchi stared in horror while Ericka leaned in. "My Master was attempting to track the Dragons and things got...complicated. He blew out his own mind and we think damaged his soul because..." At that point Ptolemy began to have a puppet show for himself with his feet.

Ericka winced. "He was once the greatest scholar alive and now..." She gently pushed the Princess out of the room to very fine and elegant sleeping quarters. "Rest here... We can discuss your journey later."

She left before Trae could say anything else, leaving her only with Atlaya, her men having been taken to other rooms, while Xchi had utterly vanished somehow. Atlaya scowled at Trae. "I heard what you tried to do. That was very rude." She turned and flopped onto a couch. "And now we are the prisoners of a madman. Thanks a fucking lot."

Traelana watched as their captors were killed off and a green haired woman came out of hiding to bow while her companions were released. Ignoring the angry witch was fine with her, in fact she hoped it would help her find another escort...

They were forced to follow their rescuers. Slipping into her saddle once more Traelana followed the woman and her companions to Tressleton. it was an interesting turn of events and she hated that everyone knew she was there and coming. It was the element of surprise that she thrived on, but that seemed to die somewhere along the road.

Word spread like wild fire and there were throngs of people standing and pointing at the princess and her companions upon their arrival at the city gates.

The palace was clearly their destination. Off of their horses and forward they were ushered. until the doors to the throne room opened and they were greeted by the man they sought.

In her heart she felt the last of their hope slipping away, same as the man's sanity as she watched. They were whisked away, the princess unable to even get a word in for the rushing she was shown.

Blue gray eyes glared at the offended witch, an indignant huff leaving the princess as she stripped off her armor. "What I tried to do, eh? Damn, to bad I didn't succeed... if I had then we wouldn't be here so THANK YOU a whole fucking lot!" She said tossing her sword on the bed.

"I needed you to get angry, like the stupid little bitch that's tucked away inside that ugly fucking mess you call hair. I needed you to be pissed off, ranting and screaming mad. Instead you sit and pout like an offended school marm." Traelana spun to face the witch. "You are free to go at anytime... it appears the window is your only option, but alas... I hate to see you go!"

Sharp boots slammed onto the ground as the left the room to wander the hall, closely followed by guards she'd seen the woman, Ericka Vitri order about. "Must you follow me about?" She asked them, when they didn't answer she returned to her room. Ignoring the witch she moved to the balcony. She could transform and escape... but leaving those in her company, behind, would not look good.

Atlaya scowled at the Princess then suddenly flinched. "Oh gods..." She leapt to her feet looking around frantically then back at the Princess and closing her eyes shook her head.

"Alright..I may hate you and it's clear you hate me but...Your men are being interrogated..and they are torturing the elf...I can't do anything more than protect their hearts and minds from damage. You will have to do something. Maybe that thing you think about doing all the time. I don't know. Whatever it is do it fast. They are really hurting her. And since Ptolemy is a loony bird she is our only chance at finding the Dragons."

She started to turn away then flinched again and moved to the window and grabbed Trae's arm and pointing before the Princess could react. "Don't you know her?"

Sitting on another balcony several floors down and in the further wing were actually three women, all of them in riding clothes and laughing. Two were nobles of the city, but the third was the wife of Lord Ballin, her father's financial advisor and one of the biggest opponents of the mission to find the Dragons.

"Her hubby is here too...off in the harem doing some truly....terrifying things. Did you really think they would all just bend over and let you burn up their deals with other cities? Although I gotta wonder who Ballin has a deal with. it certainly isn't Ptolemy... Oh...Oh my..."

She shook her head and pulled hand away from the princess but not before she saw an image of Ballin naked and surrounded by men and women and as Atlaya had said doing some truly terrifying things to them, while Ptolemy sat in a puddle of his own filth giggling and doing similar things.

Atlaya gagged. "Wow....this place is fucked up...maybe you should kill them all and then we can flee in the chaos..."

Back
Top Bottom