Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A stripper's sorrow. (Sixth x Hummingbird-in-a-Box)

Sixth

Moon
Sebastian Callaghan looked as though he enjoyed the finer things in life. Well groomed, handsome, and more often than not in a tailored and pressed suit; the lupine looked as though he might have stepped off the pages of the hundred most eligible bachelors list. While fine clothes, good wine and gourmet food were easy enough for him to come by, lately it seemed that good company was more and more difficult to find.

It wasn’t as though he considered himself a ‘regular’ at the strip club, but the waitress seated him at his favourite table and brought him his favourite drink without an order. Perhaps that was more telling than he had realised – not to mention that he knew one or two of the dancers by more than just their name, even though he was yet to purchase a private dance. He liked to look, but to have such a delicious morsel within paws reach and be unable to touch? Patience and self-control were not his best virtues, especially when his bed had been cold for as long as it had.

Having a few extra bills in his wallet always served him favourably, and instead of being relegated to the restrooms with the rest of the patrons who more often than not reeked of sweaty desperation, Sebastian was entitled to use the VIP facilities. They were adjacent to the corridor where the dancers’ dressing rooms were located, and Sebastian was just re-adjusting his belt after exiting when he heard a quiet sob. His ear flicked involuntarily toward the sound, but it was gone. He must have misheard. Straightening his suit jacket, Sebastian was about to turn to push through the doors that led back to the main floor when the sound came again, from the second room down the hall. He definitely had not misheard that time, and it gave him pause. It was none of his business what went on in the back of house, but Sebastian was soft at heart, even with strangers. It would cost him nothing to knock softly on the door and make an honest enquiry – at worst he would be turned away, at best he could offer someone a shoulder.

A thin beam of light spilled into the hallway from the slightly ajar door, and Sebastian's nostrils quivered in anticipation. The sobbing was louder now, and he whined softly in his throat. Raising a hand, his fingers curled into a fist and he knocked softly, but deliberately on the door with one knuckle. It swung slightly from the action, but did not open further.

“Excuse me,” came his careful baritone. “Are you alright in there?”

Duncan was a stripper with a past he kept hidden from everyone, everyone except himself that is. He only wished he could hide it from himself as well, forget everything and start a new, however every time he tried it always ended the same, with some phantom memory creeping up and leaving him sitting there crying all alone, like he currently was. Today it had been a man, the sheer size of him reminding him so much of the man he was so scared of.

This thought brought a fresh round of tears to his soft blue eyes, already red from the crying. He hadn't been in there long yet, and all he really wanted was to be able to pull himself to go home. it was the end of his shift, and yet he was too scared to go outside on his own. In fact, currently, he was too scared to even leave the room. He didn't realize that although the door was locked, it sat ajar and anyone could just walk in.

He leapt to his feet at the sound of knocking, his eyes going wide at the sight of the moving door. His first instinct was to run, and he took it, whirling around and making a mad dash the other way, forgetting about the couch he had just been crying on in his panic. He ran flat into the couch, flipping over it and landing on the floor behind it with a rather distinct 'thump' of his slender body hitting the floor. He had reacted before he had even registered the words that had come from the man's mouth.

A soft whimper slid from his throat as he lay there, shocked. He wasn't entirely sure what had just happened, however he did know his shorts were giving him a wedgie, his eyes stung from the salt in his tears, his tail was stuck in a very uncomfortable position trapped under his leg like that, and that he would undoubtedly need to wash his golden fur tonight to get the scent of his own fear out of it.

Hurried footsteps, a thud, and the woof of the wind being knocked out of the room's occupant answered Sebastian’s careful greeting. He cocked his head to one side curiously. What on earth was going on in there?

His wet nose twitched of its own accord, scenting the air and finding fear tainting it. Sebastian puffed his chest out as though planning to barge right on in with no regard for the consequences. His first thought was that the young man within either had been - or was currently in - some kind of danger. Only a kernel of rationality kept him grounded. There were bouncers at the front doors and patrolling security guards, and it was no secret that the private dance rooms were under video surveillance for the dancers’ protection. It was highly unlikely that there was a dangerous situation at hand.

So why were they so upset?

Sebastian licked his nose, pink tongue running the length of his maw as he considered his options. Instead of knocking, he settled for clearing his throat before he spoke again.
“I didn’t mean to cause you any alarm,” he said quietly, leaning his head in towards the door so his words would carry more easily. “I was just leaving the rest room and thought I heard someone crying. I don’t mean to eavesdrop; I just wanted to be sure you were alright.”

Sebastian kept his ear trained on the crack between the door and the jamb, waiting for some kind of reply.

Duncan carefully picked himself up off the ground, gently running his hand over his long silky tail to ease the stinging pain from being squished. He stayed behind the couch, keeping the piece of furniture between himself and the door incase the person on the other side came in.

Slowly, he peaked over the back of the couch, keeping his ears flattened against his head fearfully as he listened to the man's explanation, weighing his options. He leaned to try and peer beyond the door, however he couldn't see anything from his hiding place.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered from where he hid behind the couch. He tried to keep his body from trembling so, and even tried to coax his tail from out between his legs, however he couldn't not without knowing for sure. "Could you... Push the door open?"

He figured that was probably a strange request, however he stayed huddled out of sight behind the couch, waiting to hear if the door would open. Carefully, he peeked around the far edge of the couch to take a look at the door, to watch it and see what the man would do. He refused to say he was alright, because that would be a lie, however he refused to admit that he wasn't either, so he simply chose not to acknowledge the bit about seeing if he was alright.

He wanted to make sure this wasn't the man he was so scared of with his eyes. His nose and the sound of this man's voice were different, however he wanted to see who he was dealing with, partly because he was afraid he had somehow remembered him wrong and partly because this man smelled divine and he was a tad bit curious to see if he looked just as divine.

Push open the door...? Well, sure, of course he could do that. The occupant's answer hadn't really been much of an answer at all, so without deliberation Sebastian carefully rested two pads and his thumb against the painted wood and pushed, letting them slide from the cool surface as the door swung slowly away from him.

There, sprawled somewhat awkwardly on the wrong side of the couch, crouched the owner of the nervous voice. Sebastian couldn't help but smile gently. He looked little more than a boy, and it was entirely endearing the way he clutched at his own tail.

"Sorry," came Sebastian's own apology. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable by lingering on the other side of the door. I just didn't want to barge on in." The wolf swallowed thickly, canting his head to one side.

The light from within the room was a soft gold, and Sebastian's attention was drawn to the way it accentuated the rich colour of the other's pelt. His own was plain in comparison, or so he thought, for he was a fairly average coloured wolf. His muzzle, belly, groin and inner thighs, along with the tufts of fur at his elbows were a light espresso colour. Silver and black worked to give definition to the strong contours of his face; making his eyebrows more expressive. Perhaps the only quality about his fur that was decidedly un-wolfish was its softness. His pelt lacked much of the roughness and thickness that wolf fur tended to have, which in his opinion, served to accentuate the build of his body. He was healthy, lightly toned even. But it wasn't anything to brag about.

Sebastian caught himself staring, and the gentle smile pulled back into a slightly embarrassed one. "Sorry," he said again. "I meant it when I said I meant not to intrude. I just wanted to be sure you were okay." He couldn't say he recognised the caramel coat, much less the face it belonged to. He certainly wasn't lamenting having discovered him, though. Sebastian leaned casually against the doorframe, hoping to make himself less imposing. Even though his intentions were honourable, looming in a doorway wasn't the most neutral of behaviours.

"Even though I can see for myself now, you never answered me earlier." he said softly, exercising self control for once and not tacking a choice of adjectives to the end of that sentence. Cutey, handsome, gorgeous were three that came to mind. It wasn't appropriate to say just now, but it didn't stop him from thinking it.

"Are you okay?"

Duncan was simply relieved when the door opened and revealed a wolf he couldn't help but look at. His body was nice, but that wasn't what held his attention. It was the wolf's eyes that held his attention. They didn't have that look he grown to associate with pain in them, in fact these eyes seemed to sooth him, which made him a tiny bit nervous at the same time.

"No you're fine. You just... Caught me at an unfortunate time." Duncan's eyes flickered back and forth from the wolf to the floor as if he couldn't decide what to look at. He was quite an odd little creature, a cross between a wolf and Fennec Fox.

He was smaller than any normal wolf, but larger than the tiny fennec foxes at the same time. His ears were huge, like the fox's, and his eyes were a tad bit larger for his face than was considered normal for a wolf, making him look much younger than he really was. His fur was beautiful golden brown that darkened near the tips of his ears, the end of his snout, along his spine, his groin, the tip of his tail, his feet, and his hands, and lightened around the edges of his face, eyes, chest, and belly.

The little fox-wolf usually worked set nights, and this wasn't one of his normal ones. Besides that, the little fox was one of the top requested for the private lap dances, so the owner usually only lets him dance on the main stage for the first five minutes he's on the clock before he sticks him a private room to dance for the increasing number of his fans. More often than not, he got to choose his clients because so many requested him that it was impossible for him to dance for all of them in a night.

He was really fair with his choosing and made sure to always pick a different bunch, although he did tend to avoid the really big ones and the ones that scared him. None of the clients knew that of coarse, they only knew he picked different ones each night, and never seemed to take a fancy to any no matter how hard they tried.

"I... Umm..." He seemed to shrink back behind the couch shyly for a moment before he stood and strained himself, retrieving his long fluffy tail to play with the fur on it for a moment as he seemed to consider his answer. After a moment, he fluffed his fur up, puffed up his chest like he expected the larger man to challenge his answer, dropped his tail, and spoke. "I guess that would depend on your definition of okay."

He himself knew this was just the act he put on to hide when he was feeling the effects of his past until he felt alright again for a little while.

"I'm Duncan. Who are you?" He was purposely changing the subject to something he suddenly thought was much more important. His huge ears slowly began to stand back up, revealing the gleam of the single silver hoop earring clip on he always wore to sneak past the 'all strippers must have at least one visible piercing' rule his boss liked to impose. He had been too scared to really let someone punch a hole in his ear, so he had created the little device so that his fur hid the fact that was a clip on and not the real deal.

Sebastian was perhaps paying a little too much attention to the half-breed as he righted himself. It was difficult not to with the endearing way he continually seemed to fidget - nevermind the way the light seemed to playfully catch the highlights in his fur. Despite his apparently demure disposition, there was much about the youngling that said look at me.

“My name is Sebastian.” He answered calmly, continuing to lounge casually against the door. “I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you until now, Duncan. Though I must say I am pleased to be making your acquaintance now – even though the circumstances seem perhaps somewhat less than favourable?” He made it a question, but it didn’t really require an answer. Sebastian often made statements into unnecessary questions. Some would say it was a quirk, others would say it was annoying.

“As for definitions, though,” he continued after a moment’s silence. “By my definition of okay, I am not certain you are. You seem to be upset.” The wolf cocked his head to one side. The twitch of his nose betrayed his next comment. “Fearful, even. But I think it is your definition of ‘okay’ that really counts.” His silvery eyes settled more heavily on the fox-wolf. “If it’s not so bold, perhaps I might invite myself in. Whether you are or aren’t okay, you do look like you need some company. And not of the paying kind.”

"It's nice to meet you too, sir. I don't think I've seen you before either. You must not have requested too many of the house private lap dances. I would remember you." Duncan nodded as if this was business as usual, the only remaining evidence of his crying earlier was the little bit of redness in and around his eyes.

"You can come in... If you stand by the door much longer, the guards will assume you're an intruder... You really aren't suppose to be in here, but this is my private space... They even told me I could live in here if I wanted, which really is growing more and more appealing..." He shook his head as if to clear it before settling onto the couch, picking up the playing with the fur on his tail again. "Aren't you technically a customer? You must be a VIP member to have been allowed back here because you don't work here. I would know. I know the faces, addresses, phone numbers, criminal backgrounds, and names of every single person who works here."

The little wolf-fox seemed anxious once more, as if considering if he might have missed someone. The extent of care he showed about how meticulously he had gathered the information on the others showed just how nervous the boy really was with strange people.

"Oh no... That made me sound like a stalker didn't it? I promise I'm not some creepy guy that follows people around... I have a good reason for that... I can't, or rather won't tell you what it is though..." He was beginning to panic ever so slightly, his large ears creeping down towards his head once more.

The wolf’s smile warmed in spite of the other’s nervous chatter, and he pushed away from the door frame to step inside. He made sure to leave the door ajar once more to prevent the foxling from feeling trapped.

“Relax, Duncan.” Sebastian said after the other had lapsed into silence once more. “Technically, yes, I am a customer. Though I’ve earned something of a, shall we say… VIP status?” He shrugged indifferently. “Money talks, status is irrelevant. If I have to pay a little extra to secure the seat I like, not to mention avoid using the urinals fouled by the general populous, I’m not above doing so.” Sebastian lightly folded his arms, sauntering aimlessly about the small room. “It was when I was leaving the restroom that I heard you. I was not seeking to roam ‘out of bounds’, as it were.”

“I’ve never requested a private dance, however. I understand many of the VIP’s do this, but I suppose I am still a virgin in that department.” He grinned at the youngling, trying to set him at ease by poking fun at himself.

“May I sit?” He gestured casually to the empty end of the sofa.

"Public potties are yucky." He agreed with a nod of his head. "I usually do most of the VIP lap dances. You guys are safer, and your profiles all include pictures, so I can make sure you're safe before I pick you. The boss is sort of weird. One minute he's scolding me for being so popular and the next he's giving me presents. Like this fluffy couch."

The little halfling tended to take things literally, and be a bit overly honest at times. It was just one of his many quirks, like the fidgeting, and the nervous rambling. The blue eyed boy didn't even notice the door, more interested in following his visitor with his eyes. The man really interested him, he wasn't sure why, however he hadn't felt threatened once he had gotten comfortable around the man.

"Please sit! This couch is really fluffy and is good for naps and cuddling with pillows! I really like it, and it even makes a good bed!" He exclaimed, evidently proud of his couch. He rather liked the one piece of furniture, not at all minding that it had been a present and not something he had chosen. "If you get cold, I don't mind sharing my fluffy blanket either!"

The little creature happily beamed up at the wolf from his couch, still fidgeting with the fur on his tail. He was always full of nervous energy it seemed like, always moving, always doing something. Even in his sleep he was never really still. It bugged some of the people he worked with, because they associated it with fear, and liked to think the foxling was constantly in a state of panic and fear.

Sebastian lowered himself onto the sofa, carefully crossing one leg over the other. He tucked his tail neatly to one side of him. For as smooth and almost sleek as the rest of his fur was, his tail was thick and bushy. He tended to pay it little notice until it came into his view, and he made a point of slicking it down between himself and the arm of the couch as best he was able.

“It’s very comfortable,” he replied honestly, settling himself into the seat. “Do you get many gifts from your boss? It seems rather unusual that he would scold you for being so popular.” He couldn’t help but smile at the youngster’s eagerness; the way much of his body was tucked up under him as he toyed with the bushel of his tail. Even though they were sitting in a strip club discussing Duncan’s’ employment by the facility, Sebastian couldn’t quite ignore the fact that the occupation seemed entirely wrong for the youngling’s nature. Then again, technically it was only the appeal of his body that mattered. Duncan’s sunny personality, Sebastian suddenly felt dirty for patronising the place at all.

“Do you sleep here often?” he asked gently. “Don’t you get lonely?”

"Boss only gives me presents when he knows I'm looking for another job. He doesn't have much to worry about there though. No one wants to hire a halfling. Especially a halfling that's a stripper and has issues." Duncan shrugged, shaking his head as he watched the man sit, happy that he liked the couch. "It's okay though. Boss takes care of me. He makes sure I eat at least once a day, and if I need anything, all I have to do is ask."

"I usually only sleep here on nights like this, nights that are really cold, or nights that I can't find someone else going at least part of the same direction I'm going to walk or ride with. I suppose you could say I sleep here fairly often." He giggled and leaned against the arm of the couch, wiggling around so that he was facing Sebastian. "It gets pretty lonely, but there's no one waiting for me anywhere else, and the security here is top notch. It's much safer than sleeping in the tiny little apartment I got. Do you ever get lonely?"

The boy was rather curious and couldn't help but creep a bit closer to the man. He was just thinking the couch would have been the perfect size to stretch out with Sebastian. It was deep enough and long enough that they could lay together there and still have a little extra room. Slowly the little foxling crept up to him and settled back down in such a way that their fur barely brushed together. His fur was fluffy and silky all at the same time, a product of his time spent brushing and washing it to keep it that way.

Sebastian rested his chin gently on his knuckles as Duncan promptly launched himself into another energetic tirade. He was quite content to let the little foxling chatter away, and though the mention of a lack of food made Sebastian raise an eyebrow, he didn’t interrupt. Talking seemed to be helping keep Duncan distracted from whatever had been upsetting him earlier.

”Do you ever get lonely?”

Sebastian shifted to rest his jowl against his hand in order to better look at the eager youngling. The tip of Sebastian’s tongue darted over his nose as he considered his answer, watching the boy settle himself right up close to him. He could have lifted his free hand from his thigh and touched his silken fur, if he had wanted to. It seemed that any apprehension Duncan had had was rapidly dissipating, and instead it was Sebastian who slipped into its sleeves. There was a very good reason that he did not purchase those private dances, and now he found himself alone with one of the most coveted strippers in the club.

“Well, yes.” Sebastian finally replied, tightening his grip on his own leg. “I suppose that is why I come here.” He had never actually admitted it so plainly to anyone before – least of all to himself. He swallowed thickly and changed the subject.

“I’m sure you would be able to find a job anywhere you wanted.” He said. “Maybe even one closer to your home, and that way you wouldn’t need your bosses help. Or do you like having someone to take care of you?” The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them, and Sebastian closed his eyes in disbelief. This was none of his business, but it almost seemed as though Duncan needed and wanted to be taken care of; to be tucked securely under a protective wing. It just so happened that Sebastian both needed and wanted to be needed. His cheek slipped from his hand and he scrubbed it across his face, making a groaning sound low in his throat. “You don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to, Duncan.” He said quickly.

Duncan was happy to have Sebastian talk, though he did notice how tense the other man seemed to be getting, and noticed how quickly he changed the subject. He happily let the subject go for a new one, not wanting his new friend to grow any more tense around him. He just wanted the man to smile at him again.

"Actually, I did try, both before and after I got this job, and no one wants to hire me. The background checks are always what puts them off, you see according to the system, I was never born. I don't have a legal birth certificate, and I can't get one because no one knows who my mother was. She gave my father a false name and left us both for new people and places." Duncan explained with a twinge of sorrow.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't answer your question, even though I want to. I've never really been taken care of before... My Father didn't know what to do with me when I was little, and in the end he got killed before I was three. From then on, I was forced to fend for myself. I didn't get sent to a foster home or an orphanage because I didn't exist to those people. I don't even have a last name." He admitted, a far away look on his face for a moment before he shook his head as if clearing it. "Well it doesn't matter. I'll just live and try to change the world so no one else has to be alone, or not exist again. It's a very weird feeling to talk to the lady at the document office and have her tell you that you don't exist. She thought it was just absurd that I was standing there because I don't have a paper trail."

"You know what?" He asked as he gave into the temptation to lean against the wolf, resting his furry head on the man's arm. "Of all the people I've ever met, you're the fastest I've ever felt comfortable around. I'm not even scared of you anymore. Weird, right Sebastian?"

Sebastian’s ears wilted. Now he felt like a complete and utter jackass, trivialising the youngling’s situation. It was not as though he thought the half breed had no sense of self, or could be bought with fine things, not at all. Stripping for a living had nothing to do with that, either. Somehow he could just imagine Duncan being content to be properly cared for; to have more than just a fluffy couch in a tiny room like this. And it wasn’t just because he was a gorgeous young little thing, either. Sebastian had just… Well. He’d gotten that vibe.

But who the hell was he to assume such a thing? He didn’t know anything about the foxling other than what he’d just been told, and his upbringing clearly hadn’t been the most gentle or nurturing of times. Sebastian looked down at the youngster in surprise as he curled up by his side, resting his head against the lycan’s arm.

“I’m glad,” Sebastian answered thickly. His head was swimming. A natural reaction might be to open his arm and offer the fox a closer embrace, and the sinew in his shoulder even twitched as though he might do just that. To offer an embrace to an adorable, sweet little golden fox in a moment of vulnerability? Something deep and dominant inside him growled at the thought. It would be a dangerous tempt of fate.

He looked down at the golden-furred youngling. He could reach over and lick the top of his head, or one of those long delicate ears if he wanted to. Stop it, Sebastian. He chastised himself. Duncan shifted himself slightly to get more comfortable, and the wolf caught a whiff of his musk. His scent wasn’t as thickly clogged by fear anymore, and Sebastian suppressed a whine. He even smelled good.

He truly was a monster for even thinking of taking advantage of sweet, vulnerable Duncan.
He was torn. He felt as though he should go, for even though he’d made no move on the foxling, he was tempted. He had come with the best of intentions, and part of him still wanted to stay and platonically comfort the delightful creature, but… Sebastian’s tongue wet his nose again as Duncan squirmed around, catching a glimpse of the softer, slightly darker coloured fur peeking from between the half breeds’ shirt and pants.

He whined, and just looked imploringly at Duncan.

"Don't be sad for me. I'm alright. I'd like it if someone would care for me. I'm sure of it! I'm sorry I told you all of that... I didn't want to make you sad..." The little foxling whimpered softly, licking at the man's face innocently. "I'd really like it if you'd come and see me again... This is really nice."

Duncan couldn't explain why, however he really wanted to spend more time with this man. From the way his ears were drooped over and the gentleness in which he handled the little creature told him that thi man was a good one, and wouldn't hurt him. The little halfling had gotten very good at reading people from his time on the streets. He knew all the secrets of card games, and could easily play someone out of a sum of cash. He'd had to be able to eat at times. Being as cute and small as he was had worked to his advantage as well. It made people more likely to take pity on him and give him food, water, or a little bit of cash.

It hadn't been easy living on the streets but he had done it, all the while dreaming of a day when he'd have someone to hug him and comfort him when he needed it, a warm place to sleep, roof over his head, and food to eat. Now he had three of those things, and was almost willing to give up on the fourth. He now began to wonder what being held by this wolf would be like.

Thunk, thunk, thunk! "Duncan, I'm coming in." With that, the door swung open to reveal the burly form of the club's owner, dressed in his usual suit and tie. His eyes, which had been checking Sebastian out for signs of a threat, softened when he saw that Duncan was trying to hide behind the wolf, the little foxling had been startled by the knocking on the door. "Duncan, you are just too cute. I promise I'm not here to tease you. I just wanted to see who the intruder you invited into your room was."

At the man's explanation, Duncan stopped trying to squeeze himself between Sebastian and the couch, instead settling for snuggling with the man's arm. He smiled softly up at the owner, a bit of his earlier nervousness returning as he played with the fur on Sebastian's arm gently.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kinsbury... This is my friend Sebastian. He's one of the VIP members here..." Duncan explained, keeping his eyes squarely on Sebastian's arm.

"Duncan sweetie, don't be sorry. You are aloud to have friends. I'm not going to eat you or anything, so you can relax." The man teased, however at the eat part, the little foxling looked alarmed.

"Eat me?!? Why on Earth would you want to do that?!?" He exclaimed with a glance at the owner as if he was evaluating the truth to that statement.

"It was a joke, little fox. I was teasing you. Opps. I told you I wouldn't do that didn't I?" The owner chuckled when the halfling nodded enthusiastically.

The swipe of the other’s tongue against his cheek made Sebastian stiffen and his ears prick up again. He hadn’t expected that reaction at all, for he hadn’t been sad as much as contemplative. But now, all he could do was stare at the little fox with his mouth hanging slightly open in surprise.
The sudden thudding at the door made Sebastian’s lip curl, but there was no time to protest the intrusion as Mr. Kinsbury barged on in. Sebastian forced himself to adopt a more neutral expression, but his lip continued to twitch agitatedly despite all efforts.

He didn’t really know the club owner despite his regular patronage of the facility. What the man did with his time really didn’t concern Sebastian, but the condescending way he treated the halfling – who was supposedly one of his best entertainers – did. Not to mention the way his presence affected Duncan’s demeanour. The youngling had been settling himself into a quiet contentment just moments ago, and now seemed to be vacillating between nervousness and uncertainty once more. Sebastian’s eyes grew hard as he watched Kinsbury; the hackles on the back of his neck rising of their own accord. Something wasn’t quite right here.

“My apologies,” Sebastian interrupted. He was careful to regulate the authority of his tone, lest the other man become aggressive in response. “I hope I did not give your other staff any cause for concern by visiting with Duncan. We just happened to cross paths and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to sit and chat with him for a time.” The deliberately omitted the turn of events that had led to such a meeting.

“Was there something pressing that you needed him to tend to?” Sebastian asked diplomatically. The wolf had what he hoped was an ace up his sleeve. “Only I would like to visit with him a little longer. I was hoping he might be agreeable to performing for me.” It left a sour taste in his mouth to speak of the foxling as though he were a commodity, although he certainly did not consider him to be one. While he thought the the half breed an exotic beauty, right now Sebastian was more interested in Duncan’s contentment than his dancing. If it meant swallowing his pride and parting ways with a handful of bills to allow the youngster to relax again, so be it.

"He'd love to preform for you, but only when he is on the clock. When he's off, he is not aloud to preform for customers. You keep that in mind, alright Duncan? Make sure you eat something before you go to sleep, Duncan dear." With that, the man was gone, closing the door back behind him, except he really closed it instead of leaving it ajar as Sebastian was done. The owner was a peculiar man, he wouldn't harm Duncan, but his erratic behavior scared Duncan, and the man seemed to enjoy watching the little creature's fear.

"I'm sorry about that... He comes and goes like that a lot..." Duncan explained as he smoothed the fur on the larger wolf's arm. "I never could quite adjust to that, even after he saved me from his brother..."
The foxling couldn't help the low whimper of distress he gave at the very mention of the man's brother. His fur bristled in fear, and he shrank against the wolf a bit before rather erratically changing the subject.

"So dinner... Have you eaten yet? Would you like to eat with me?" He asked, rubbing his head against Sebastian's shoulder fondly. "Please? Please would you eat with me?"

"We can eat whatever you want. I'm not picky... Please?" His moment of distress was gone and he now had his large, pleading eyes peaking out at the wolf's own. His fluffy tail was now wagging excitedly, truly eager to spend more time with the man as well as eat. The little halfling still was getting use to being able to eat every night, and was always excited about food of any kind. It didn't matter to him what it tasted like, he just wanted to fill his hungry belly.

Sebastian’s heavy gaze bored into the door long after the other man had disappeared behind it. It took Duncan’s whimpering for his attention to revert back to the youngling, and the wolf replied with a soft whine of sympathy. A moment of silence ensued, and Sebastian simply watched Duncan continuing to carefully smooth down the grey and black fur of his arm. It had been a long, long time since anyone had touched Sebastian in such a platonic, comforting way, and he hadn’t realised just how much he missed simple, affectionate touches like this.

His expression was soft by the time Duncan looked up at him imploringly, and again the wolf was reduced to a smile. His anxiety and nerves were gone, and his face was bright with cautious optimism. Sebastian found everything about the young fox so endearing, but he couldn’t help but wonder how wide the age gap between them was. He guessed that Duncan might be around 19, perhaps 20 at the most, but there was no way to know without asking. Sebastian was, to his detriment, 26. He wasn’t old by any stretch of the imagination, but the simple fact made him very aware of the possible age gap between the two of them.

“Of course I’ll have dinner with you,” he replied quietly, suppressing the thoughts that flooded through his mind. He was getting far, far too ahead of himself. “But only if you’ll allow me to treat you.” He knew there was table service at the club, but it was mostly standard snack fare. He didn’t think the fox would be interested in going out to eat, given his predisposition to anxiety, but ordering in might be difficult. He didn’t even know if it would be possible to have food delivered.

"Really? Thank you so much, Sebastian! We can go eat at the Diner, Alice lets me eat me eat in the employee dining area, or we can call in a pizza, Chinese food, or burgers I know people that work at those, and they'll bring it me. We could go somewhere else too, if you want? I'd offer to cook for you, but I don't keep more than some lettuce and summer sausage here, or at my apartment. I really can't afford much more, and I don't have the means to cook much more." He admitted, his eyes going wide when the wolf offered to treat him.

"You'd really do that for me? Thank you Sebastian! This is going to awesome!" The energetic little foxling was practically jumping up and down, however he did pause to give the man a lick to his muzzle to show his gratitude. "Can we eat dinner together often? I would really like to see you a lot!"

The little fox-wolf hopped up and began to excitedly pace around the couch, happily wagging his fluffy tail, which brushed up against Sebastian every time he went close to the wolf. He was just so overjoyed that not only would be getting to eat and not have to pay for it, he would be getting to eat with Sebastian. The little creature was quickly growing very attached to the man, which both scared him and elated him. He was scared because he knew there was a chance that Sebastian would walk away after this and he'd never see the man again, and elated because he was just so happy to be friends sort of with this wolf.

Sebastian chuckled softly at Duncan’s excitement. It didn’t seem to take much to make him smile, which only begged the question of just what had made him so sad earlier that evening. Sebastian barely had time to contemplate that before Duncan’s tongue swiped at the side of his cheek, stopping him still. The effect that the foxling was having on the wolf was surprising him. The more and more affectionate he was, the harder it was becoming for Sebastian to contain himself.

The wolf canted his head to one side as Duncan cavorted about on the couch. “I’m perfectly happy to have whatever you would like, though I would probably be more inclined to suggest a cheeseburger.” Sebastian wasn’t a fast food aficionado by any means, but to him this sounded like the least messy option. He shifted a little and pulled his cell phone out of his back pocket, offering it to Duncan so he might call and place the order.

“Next time though, maybe you might like to come to my house for dinner. You could take a swim in the pool while I fix our meal.”

Duncan was generally a happy little creature, and was quite easy to satisfy. He also loved to help people and make those he cared for happy. The more time he spent in the wolf's company, the more he wanted to spend time with the man and let him spoil the foxling. He was quickly discovering that he felt safe with him, and even if the wolf came onto him, the larger man wouldn't force him into anything, he would let Duncan choose. He didn't really know what it was about Sebastian that made him trust the man, however he did know that he trusted him.

"Alright. I'll call Mr. Freddy then." Duncan carefully took the phone, quickly punching the number in, treating the device as if it was made of glass. "You have a pool?!? I'd love to have dinner at your house. I don't know how to swim... Would you teach me?"

His eyes were really hopeful as he punched the talk button and waited. After a moment he smiled and began to speak.

"Hello Mr. Freddy. This is Duncan. I'd like my usual and..." He turned to Sebastian. "I'm sorry. I forgot to ask what you wanted..." The man on the phone said something that made the foxling huff. " I'm 24 now and will be 25 soon. I am perfectly capable of getting my own condoms when I decide to do that.... No I don't need tips... Look pervert, I just met this guy. I don't think he's interested like that. Just let me order burgers please!" The foxling shook his head fondly at the man on the other end of the line.

The phone call connected before Sebastian could say that yes, he would teach the fox to swim if he wished it. The wolf lounged back while Duncan was occupied on the phone, crossing one leg over the other and stretching his arm along the back of the sofa. He gazed idly about while he waited, eyes roving over the general clutter of Duncan’s possessions; magazines, half-drunk bottles of water and soda, discarded clothes. Sebastian’s muzzle twitched, keeping an ear on the one-sided conversation taking place on the phone. He interjected long enough just to say that a cheeseburger and fries would be just fine.

So Duncan was 24. Sebastian felt a little twinge of relief. Not that he would have turned the fox away if he had been younger, but experience was against him in terms of age differences. Besides, the fox acted as though he was younger than he was, and Sebastian couldn’t deny that he liked it. The wolf swiped a hand absently over his mouth, wondering where he’d even got the gall to expect that something would eventuate between them.

That same black edged ear focussed more intently on the conversation taking place. Condoms? He turned to look at Duncan, who was quickly trying to de-escalate the situation. Sebastian just blinked, not saying a word until the fox had terminated the call.

“What was all that about?” he asked gently, holding his hand out to take back his phone. It was the least confronting of the questions that had come to his mind, but he was not at all upset with the fox.

"Sorry about all that. The food will be here in twenty minutes. Mr. Freddy is just a little perverse... He's a good guy though. He use to give me the leftover stuff that the restaurant was tossing out. He and Alice, who co-owns one of the local diners, took care of that time I got sick. Without them, I most likely would have died." Duncan explained as he returned the phone to Sebastian, happily sitting down and snuggling up to the wolf once more.

"That was a long time ago. Now the two of them fuss over me like I'm 15 again. I think they'd flip out if they realized what actually happened all those times they doctored me up after I got beat up. The streets are not kind to those who are unable to help themselves. The two of them are also the ones that took me to get my std testing so I could work here. Now that was some scary stuff... I came up clean thankfully. How bad would it have sucked to have finally gotten a job, only to be dropped for having a disease I couldn't help? " He sighed and hurried his face into the man's fur.

"Is there... anything you wanted to know about me? We can take turns asking questions if you want, although we can pass certain ones if they get too weird..." He smiled up at the wolf, excited to learn more about his new companion.

The more casual position Sebastian had adopted offered Duncan to snuggle in against him much more easily. It hadn’t really been intentional, but he certainly wasn’t complaining.

“I’m glad they were there to look out for you,” Sebastian replied solemnly. He certainly had a number of questions niggling at him, but none he wanted to ask right away. The little fox had obviously had a troubling upbringing, and the last thing Sebastian wanted to do was make him recount more unpleasant memories just to satisfy his own curiosity; especially with the evening having been as volatile for Duncan as it seemed to have been.

“Technically it would be your turn to ask a question now.” The wolf said with a sly grin. “Since I just asked you what all the fuss was about on the telephone. Is there anything you would like to know about me?” His long pink tongue chased around his smirking lips, settling back a little more. It was a subtle invitation for the fox to perhaps clamber atop him a little more if he wished to. It made him feel a little lecherous, persuading the youngling to curl up atop him. Especially when it opened doors to perhaps wrapping an arm or two around his slender waist, not to mention feeling more of the little fox’s body stretched out along his. An adjustment of weight here, a shift of the hips there…

Back
Top Bottom